Workhub Reviews

Pros

SafetySync is continually improving the software, and it is easy to use, and the flow seems right, The ease in which the workers can see their progress through their portal.

Simple to set up and create customizable reports and tracking. This is great for any size company and is nice that you can have all of your safety information in one spot.

The program has been great to use and the customer service is fantastic. It aligns perfectly with our online forms platform.

Danielle U.

Cons

As a workaround, we have been creating fake emails just to get users passwords reset or make changes to their account.

Crystal H.

Aaron V.

Drew G.

4.5

Great company to work with

ease of access

Pros

All of the information I need as a safety professional is in one place and easily accessible from anywhere.

Cons

There isn't anything not to like, if there are technical issues, they are fixed right away, customers service is quick.

Extremely Satisfied

There are many HSE programs out there that claim to manage HSE training and certificate tracking, along with day to day safety communication. When we launched Bowron Environmental Group in March of 2015, we looked extensively into the various programs out there. Many appeared to be non-user friendly and in our position as a new start up, we're seen to be excessively expensive. We have found SafetySync's...

Pros

Cost - the program is very reasonable considering the access to training programs within the system. Communication - I appreciate the ease in publishing safety bulletins or alerts to all of our workers.

Cons

The only Con I can come up with is that the software appears to do more than what we use it for. I am sure there are other uses we could establish at our company, however, the time I need to invest in learning further has been hard to come by.

Meets our organizations needs for tracking in house safety certification compliance

Pros

Are able to successfully train large groups of workers with obstacles such as: extremely remote communities, low literacy, limited access to both computers and internet. Ability to cover a vast number of worksites/departments within our organization and maintain the same quality of safety training. Great support staff! I can not stress this enough.

Cons

We generally have to deliver the course to remote locations with obstacles such as: low literacy and limited internet and computer access. Therefore, we have found that delivering the course in a group (projector screen)most convenient for our organization. saving of the answer keys and quizzes is time consuming however with the options to select and deselect course lessons; not sure what that looks...

Great Value & Easy-to-Use

I have used this software for about 2 years now. It makes managing a safety program very easy for any size company. The software is easy to use, completely customizable and has a simple interface for workers. Safety policies, programs, and procedures can be entered in quite easily and worker access can be customized based on work sites or positions. There are also an abundance of training courses...

Pros

Tracking capabilities of expiring tickets or annual review of policies is so simple. Workers can access copies of their training tickets wherever they are if they require a copy. Long list of training courses available with the subscription. Tickets are provided after course completion for a record for the workers to carry.

Cons

I wish more tracking could be done HR-wise on the worker screens. It would be nice to be able to track any discipline given to workers.

The iPhone of Safety Software

The response time to questions has been great. I find the service, especially when initially setting up, very good. The product is simple to use, and easy to work with as both an employee using my profile as well as an administrator of the software. A few more tracking measures of metrics would help our management team report directly out of the software, which would be handy.

Pros

This is a very user friendly software to set up as well as roll out to a large group of workers who have various levels of computer skills. It is easy to track training including certificates which I find makes my role easier. Keeping track of 500 employees individual safety training is a full time job and Workhub has simplified this process. It truly is the iPhone of safety software- user friendly, streamlined and you wonder how you ever worked without it!

Cons

There has been requests by management level employees to be able to have more visibility on metrics especially in regards to Action Items. We like to have visibility on which areas in our company are lagging and also seeing percentages ie: Action items down 30% over last month type stats. Executive level has mentioned wanting to be able to see their subordinates workers stats- so seeing more than 1 level below them.For example, the Procurement Director would like to see not only the Stores Managers compliance, but the Stores Manager's direct report compliance as well.

Best Value in HSE System Management Software

We've been using SafetySync for over 5 years to build and manage our clients occupational health and safety systems. It is by far the most useful and cost effective safety software available today. After 20 years as a health and safety professional, I can happily say that this is the best money you will ever spend to manage your safety system.

Pros

Ease of use and overall functionality, but even more than that, the willingness of the developer to incorporate suggestions as well as the ease of working with support staff who are always helpful and available to assist and to correct issues or problems that may arise.

Cons

An expanded contractor management function would be helpful

best tool out there

Pros

I like being able to track: Worker tickets and expiry dates Incidents Near Misses We utilize the competency program. I like having our forms on there for all the field stores.

Cons

Nothing

Always satisfying dealing with SafetySync

Most but not all of my reports are in one place. I can track worker progress in training and orientations and certifications. Keeping tabs on SDS , as the system lets me know when they are due.

Pros

Cons

Hate the cartoon like figures on the training courses. Not being able to customise the reports upload section, but in having said that, I always get help from SafetySync if I am trying to do something, and it doesn't work, they will point me in the right direction and give recommendations. At this point, I believe SafetySync is still evolving.

Easy to maneuver through the different windows of the program.

Pros

Everything is eye catching and gets your attention and is easy to find the information you are looking for.

Cons

When an employee completes an orientation, the certificate is not automatically available in their certificate tracking. It has to be printed and scanned elsewhere, then dragged and dropped into their file.

Very easy to set up and share info with field staff

Easy way to organize our safety records.

Pros

Very easy to use, track compliance, share information. The guys can easily access the necessary information from their phones as needed.

Cons

use of forms in the field for mobile users could be easier. It can be difficult to complete the forms and upload them on their phones.

Safety Sync Review

Overall Safety Sync has been a great system to keep our safety program organized and up to date. The customer service/support side of the business has really impressed me. I've had a few complications with the system and the team is always there with solutions readily available when we need them. There are a few areas that would be nice to have developed such as competency testing. Currently,...

Pros

Reporting capabilities showing completed training. Easy to make changes to policies. Good record keeping abilities to show updates made to policies/procedures.

Cons

Lack of ability to test competency.

Awesome Software

We are into our 4th year of using SafetySync. The software has proven to be extremely helpful in managing our health and safety program. We have taken advantage of making our own training videos for more effective training. We have also been using electronic forms with tablets and phones to complete inspections. Using electronic forms in SafetySync along with tablets have proven to increase hazard awareness as employees can take pictures of the hazard and submit reports to management for correction. We have the ability to track individual employee safety training and competency. We also track 25 sites to ensure inspections and health and safety meetings take place at proper intervals. Overall we are very satisfied with the software and would recommend it to others.

Pros

Ease of Use. Consistent method to deliver training to 300+ employees in 25 locations. Ability to track all health and safety information for 25 sites and 200+ pieces of equipment.

Managing employee training compliance

Safety Sync has made my job of managing a fluctuating personnel portfolio a dream. Our organization's worker numbers can vary from 100 - 250 in a very short period of time. Safety Sync allows me to offer extensive quality online training, import safety tickets, qualifications, credentials and much more into each worker profile. Safety Sync then manages notifications to workers. The scan feature is fabulous the bar code is assigned to each worker, they can scan it, save it and have a digital record of all their training as well as our client specific training. The costs are reasonable, monthly billing based on a number of employees. User-friendly for all level of users.

Pros

User-friendly, change log notifications tell user about new features that have been implemented to enhance the user experience.

Safety Sync Review

Our overall experience has been altogether positive. We've also experienced quick customer service.

Pros

SafetySync is a handy tool for our multiple locations to access training, procedures and HR forms. SafetySync is accessible on cell phones and our employees can log remotely to access their credentials as well as the above listed items remotely. It is also a handy audit tool and is used for reporting near misses and incidents as well.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to have our employee fill out a form (near miss, NCR, etc.) and submit it directly through SafetySync.

SafetySync for The Mustard Seed

We use SafetySync as a training and onboarding tool for our volunteers... since I used to work at SafetySync, I highly value the system and I'm glad we've been able to manipulate it's capabilities to fit with our needs... Perhaps using us as an example, the software could be sold to other volunteer based not-for-profits that require training before volunteers can become part of an organization. It works perfectly for us.

Pros

Easy to add our training and documents to the software. Seems to easily integrate with existing systems.

Cons

It seems most people are STILL bad at using online systems... because people get confused with the employee portal and find it hard to navigate. I suspect this issue will fade as the next generation will identify more with systems and computer-based interfaces. But for now, it's still funny and frustrating at the same time. Perhaps there can be a button that can toggle on and off which would allow popups to direct people - or notify - of various buttons they can click and why.

Our experience with SafetySync

SafetySync has streamlined our training process and provided a level of consistency in the training that our employees get. The program has many extra features that have made our overall Safety Program much more efficient and I recommend this program to everyone.

Pros

Good programs. We enter employee certificates and their expiries which the system tracks for us . Also alot of other documentation is entered for employee acces, under "forms". Rewards program is simple and easy to use.

Cons

There is no U.S.A. Hazmat program, so our U.S. entities have to go outside the system for that, such as JJ Keller.

Valuable tool.

We use the system to remote train and keep track of certificates of our internal employees and our 3rd party contractors. A Very flexible platform that allows us to create our own training as well as choose from a selection of supplied training for our industry. Highly recommend!

Pros

Flexibility to create your own training and set renewal times. Create profiles for different employee positions so information can be updated and transmitted in minutes.

Cons

Notifications could be improved to allow you to receive email notification of course completions.

Services Provided

Courses that are available are what we require and customer service is excellent! Course that I had asked for a couple of years ago was uploaded (which was ground disturbance) was made available which makes my work easier. For courses required by our company, I am able to give the workers the information to login anymore across Canada. The workers are able to do our orientation and take the required courses prior to coming to the office to complete their paperwork.

Pros

Easy for computer illiterate workers to do courses and orientation.

Cons

I understand the e-mail requirement but with our industry, most of the workers do not either check their e-mail or have one.

Extremely Valuable addition to our company's Safety Culture

With SafetySync our company has streamlined all our safety requirements to one simple to manage the program. We are able to align our communications, records management, training and HR information altogether. The ease of learning the online program is extremely valuable to a larger organization as employees are able to log into the program anywhere and access the communication and training requirements. Absolutely love this program.

Pros

Easy learning culture for large employee company.

Cons

Uploading capabilities are not as large as they need to be for proper records management.

One Place for Everything

Safety Sync has created a place for all of our training records, policies, and procedures. We are able to sign-up new employees and ensure training and reviews are completed in a timely manner with instant access by both the employee, company HR and EHS. Excellent system and excellent time saver.

Pros

Organized training records - can add or remove required training by employee or position.

Cons

Incident Reporting - does not seem very functional.

Customized to Company Needs

SafetySync's product was very appealing, but our company was not needing all the features. SafetySync customized their product to our company's needs and the cost was more than reasonable. Our company is now able to keep track of all employees and equipment in all areas and receives document expiration notices to keep our company in compliance. Good product, Good company, and Great overall!

Pros

I like that I can use it the way that it works best for our company and restrict access to users based on their area. The product allows me to upload or download documents from anywhere without having to contact someone else to have documentation sent to me or someone else.

Cons

For the simple fact that I asked it to be customized to our company's needs, it restricts some things that could be useful.

It is easy and useful site

Having everything in one spot.

Pros

we can have all our items put in one spot and track all the safety tickets with expiries. Having the policy and procedures on here is a bonus.

Cons

That you have to print out each individual ticket for an employee on the certificates side. There should be a button that 3rd party certificates get all printed together.

Easy to Use

The system is easy to use and makes things very simple when managing 100 or more workers. When you are one person managing a safety program it cuts down on a lot of wasted time building spreadsheets or chasing down documentation. It is also a great tool for getting your field workers everything they need no matter where they are.

Pros

ease of use, availability, diversity

Cons

Does not always work on IOS software

Trying to manage 150 workers is a breeze with safety sync...tickets, training and orientations

Assign training, track progress, credentials, documents, safety training

Pros

Mobile access for remote workers so they can retrieve all their safety documents, just in case they misplace or lose their safety tickets.

Cons

Improve functionality by having an actual APP, presently the process involves using the web to grab the scan code.

Safety coordinator wants msds

Overall it is great the only thing that I would like to see which I have told someone there before is when employees scan barcodes MSDS sheets come up too. I print out the barcodes for hard hats then they just scan them if certificates are needed but would love it if MSDS came up too for them. Thank you