SurveyMonkey Apply Logo

Collect, manage & review applications.

SurveyMonkey Apply Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.67/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

monday-com

The engineer who managed and implemented out buildout was AMAZING. He was a pleasure to work with, super friendly, knowledgeable and down to earth.
The help desk is responsive, the on-board team is accessible and explains how best to use the system that they create with your input.
I love the new program to create reports - much more effective than the old one. I also really appreciate how customizable the visibility of each section is.
For someone who manages it on and off, it is too hard to remember how to change, add or remove features or stages. The reporting feature is a bit confusing.
Engineer tossed in extra training for us, because of the negative sales experience that follows.
I do wish that there was some kind of rubbish bin for deleted files - some of our applicants have accidentally deleted their whole applications which has caused major problems for us.

Gabrielle F.

Grant's coordinator

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Fabulous System - Time Difference causes issues

Transcript

Gabrielle F.: My name is Gabrielle and I'm a grants coordinator for a medical research company. I give...

AK

Arjun K.

Associate

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Great onboarding support, really easy to use and extensive features!

Transcript

Arjun: My name is Arjun, I'm an associate in the non-profit industry and I would give SurveyMonkey Apply...

SG

Skielar G.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

quick and easy surveys

Pros

I love how easy it is to create surveys and export them to presentations. I have used SurveyMonkey for years and would recommend it to everyone!

Cons

they could be a little more complex, but I guess that's the beauty of it.

We asked for a lot of customization and they delivered well.

Pros

Dynamic nature of judges and rounds. We have a competition with many, many rounds and hundreds of judges. No other software could manage it this easily.

Cons

There is no messaging automation. This is a burdensome tasks to manually send out messages after round completion. In addition, there is no drip capability.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! It¿s great to hear that we could customize the solution to meet your requirements. We did want to follow-up on your comment regarding message automation. This is possible in both SurveyMonkey Apply and FluidReview Pro and Enterprise Packages. Here are some useful articles that identify how this functionality works and get you started: - FluidReview:...

CK

Colin K.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Horrible User and Administration Experience

Pros

I enjoy the aesthetics of application management related to the product.

Cons

This product DOES NOT WORK AS INTENDED. It crashes regularly, times out, and overall does not function as intended, usually with DISASTROUS effects for our programs. The new user experience is probably the worst I've seen in modern IT, with a STEEP learning curve that will impact your reviewers and any external stakeholders that you want to utilize this software. Functionally, it is SLOW AS SIN and...

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Review on using SurveyMonkey Apply

Pros

The ability to automate and systematize the majority of our administrative tasks is really valuable for our institution. Implementation of SurveyMonkey Apply was a pleasure to work with.

Cons

I wish there were more options in terms of customer service in the Caribbean. A live chat feature for queries would be really helpful because I find that serious issues might occasionally take days to resolve owing to the time difference.

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

survey your project

Pros

this app is very simple to use and make survey from people to decision on one matter that needs

Cons

no least in this app because is very easy to use

vl

valerian l.

Accounting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Timely response

Overall i am happy with using this software. It's great in its field.

Pros

SurveyMonkey is a very good choice when deal is about employees' response about a new product. It is the best way to collect information within the company. It's easy to use.

Cons

I think the product either is perfect or i couldn't find negative.

Logan H.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

So easy to collect data!

Pros

I love how many options for different kinds of questions are easily added to surveys

Cons

Only 40 responses are able to come per survey

Music, 5,001-10,000 employees

create quick and simple surveys fast

Pros

can create quick & easy surveys to gather data and info in a short period of time

Cons

limited functionality and no ability to add graphics to the survey.

cy

carolyn y.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Pretty cool

Pros

I started using Survey Monkey to interact more with my customer base. I use it to create surveys to see what kind of products my customers would like to see me make, and it also helps me to determine what to sell my products for! I create a survey once every week or three, and I post it on social media where my customers can give me their input and help me better my business. I love how easy it is to create a survey and see the results. I'm very happy with this software.

Cons

Nothing, I love it very much, its a great way to get customers involved which makes them more interested in what you're doing.

EC

Erin C.

Hospitality, self-employed

Money for opinions

Pros

What i like the most about this software is they legitimately paid you cash or gift cards to frequently share your opinions on certain subjets.

Cons

There is not one bad thing i could say about this software i enjoy all the features.

JK

Julie K.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Great product - not well known in the performing arts application world.

Pros

The flexibility that we had to customize our entire application process from beginning to start. I like that we have the ability to build our things on our own but we also get some hours each year with an implementation specialist where we bounce ideas off that person to help solve different questions as they arose. Each year we use this system, we have the ability to get more creative with defining our process to meet the needs of our reviewers and applicants.

Cons

That we cannot have our reviewers see applications in more than one stage if they are not reviewing - this is a HUGE hindrance for us.

EL

Emma L.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Software Successful for Music Program

We receive over 400 applications annually for our summer programs, which draw gifted young classical musicians from all over the world. Apply offers us an affordable, easy-to-manage solution for hosting our application, comprised of a written questionnaire and video submissions. While we utilize a breadth of features on the application side, our review side is much simpler - we do not use the rankings,...

Pros

Affordability, backend usability, regular improvements.

Cons

We do not use all of the functionality of the software on the review side, but this isn't really a con - we've been able to figure out a workaround every time.

JW

Justina W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Arts Granting use of Apply

We have found that Applyhas streamlined the intake process for out 14+ grant programs that run annually and get 40 - 200 applications. The majority of our applicants like that our grant programs are now online and that they no longer have to submit paper applications in person to us at the office on deadline day. The customer support has been great and personable.

Pros

We find that building forms that are unique to each grant program is very easy and customizable. We used to have a contracted graphic designer make all the edits to our PDF grant forms. Now we can make edits ourselves, and quickly. It's very easy for applicants to use. We can download applications right after the deadline and quickly and easily know how many submissions we have and from who. The drag and drop form builder is very user friendly. The new Awards site works very well for us to manage our 14+ grant programs.

MT

Mary T.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Apply

Apply is a great fit for our needs. Our organization takes submissions for multiple grant applications with different branding and this site makes accommodations for this. I find that the site functions well and becomes easy to navigate over time. Thankfully, the onboarding process was smooth due to the patient vigilance and assistance of our onboarder. The preliminary training videos are also very helpful with getting acclimated to the site. I look forward to using Apply for many years to come!

Pros

I like that Apply is set up to be user-friendly and highly customizable. I feel like it is flexible and that the support team really tries to listen to feedback to make positive changes to the site. The site itself is modern and has many amazing features such as being able to "assume" the role of an applicant, which, for example, allows you to troubleshoot in a very effective way.

Cons

The learning curve is initially steep. I am well-versed in learning different types of software and various proprietary applications at my organization, but Apply is not precisely intuitive when you first start out learning the software. Furthermore, while there is often an easy solution to simple problems, getting to the solution often requires a more abstract problem-solving style to find the correct workaround for an issue. Over time, through the training videos, using the site, and the help of your onboarder, you learn the system and its features and it all starts to make sense.

JF

Justin F.

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

An easy to set up process for managing users through a process, but changes are difficult

Solved a business problem and got us where we need to be. Long term challenges are still being worked on.

Pros

Easy to set up a full solution for an application submission and review process. Initial setup with SurveyMonkey was quick and effective. Getting a process in front of our users at a very good value price was perfect for our needs.

Cons

We've had problems with support not responding in a timely manner. Changes that we've needed to make have broken functionality in a few places. Making changes is a tricky process and should be approached with caution.

rh

robin h.

Apply software exceeded expectations

Our organization successfully replaced its application tracking system with Apply in 2015. The first year we worked closely with the Apply onboarding team to build a program that allowed us to manage over 140 individual scholarships and approximately two thousand applications. The many options and features of Apply have allowed us to build a system that is easy for the applicants, as well as, the reviewers to navigate, while allowing us to successfully manage the processes. The onboarding and support staffs respond timely to questions and continues to assist us in customizing the system to meet our highly-individualized requirements.

Pros

Robust and flexible Support from Apply staff Ease of use Ability to customize

Cons

Standard reporting - less standard reports that expected. Would like to be able to create more reports within the system that are suitable for distribution. Most reports must be edited outside of Apply for presentation purposes. Ordering of reports - would like to be able to dictate how reports are ordered. Currently ordered by date of creation.

KP

Katy P.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Apply streamlined my processes!

This is my second year to use Apply and I am very excited to continue to use this product. Last year, Apply helped me manage all of the paper that comes during an application cycle. I was able to view online who has completed what sections, email reminders about deadlines, and download complete applications. This year I plan to bring my current students online, and my onboarder this year worked with me to help set this up as I had envisioned, which makes me even more excited about Apply. Carmelita listened and asked the right questions to make sure we setting this up the best way and utilizing all the system could offer. Also, I want to note that the day to day support is great as well. They generally respond within the hour to any problems.

Pros

The ease of use.

Cons

There are a few things that I would like to be able to do and I am not able to. Not a huge deal.

HN

Heidi N.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Apply Review

I am capable of reviewing tutorials for basic set-up information, but when it comes to making sure the overall program is set-up in the most effective and efficient manner, I am not receiving the level of support required. I could be an outlier because we have 5 types of applications working through Apply. IF you have just one application, the system is easy to use.

Pros

This software offers a wide range of uses and is relatively easy to implement.

Cons

Because the software is so dynamic, you are not always positive that the way you have your flow set-up is the most effective and efficient. It would be beneficial if one could talk to a representative about your work flows to make sure you are setting up your programs in the most effective manner. Instead, you are given tutorials to review, which in most cases do not consider the larger picture of your business.

Government Administration, 5,001-10,000 employees

Survey Monkey a attractive, dynamic data collection

My overall experience with survey monkey is awesome. I have completed several surveys in past months.

Pros

As I stated above survey monkey is a simple attractive data collection interface. It is very simple to use. Name, interface is quite very unique and impressive.

Cons

Nothing is negative for this software. Its very cool site.

CL

Christina L.

Powerful and user friendly!

Apply is a user friendly tool that has the capability to grow with your needs. We used this as a mechanism for potential applicants. It was simple for the end user and as the administrator, I was so pleased at how easy it was to use-- both in creating forms, and running reports. The customer service went far beyond my expectations. She was helpful and readily available-- clear commitment and she...

rp

rebecca p.

Retail, 11-50 employees

assessment

overall this software is really nice to add to your tools to expand your busniess

Pros

our company started using this software as we started using another software platform. they work hand in had.

Cons

I havent found anything I dont like about this software because its a nice addition to business platforms for customers to be able to leave reviews

BB

Barbara B.

Saved me this year!

We signed up with Apply in September 2015 as we were ramping up to our busiest granting year ever: 6 different grants on offer all with overlapping timelines and different requirements. Ours is not the simplest of granting processes, and Anna, our onboarding specialist, was amazing at helping us get everything set up to work the way we needed. As with all products that aren't specially built for you,...

AM

April M.

Amazing onboarding support with Alex with FluildReview!

Be ready for an amazing team of support when you begin your onboarding with FluildReview. Alex provides an ease of learning from start to finish when your learning objectives are in place with a preview which then escalates to a follow along on the screen together to get your site "built" in production. My first thought was that we would have to build our site alone from the start after previewing...

YS

Yehuda S.

Unbelievable!

Truly unbelievable. in today's market the attention Apply pays to working WITH you to develop the best product to suit YOUR needs is truly remarkable I found Apply after being frustrated with another company's lack of ability to adapt their product to our needs as opposed to forcing us to adapt our needs to their product. We were not successful in having everything we asked for, but when an issue...

JK

Jessica K.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Parents respond well when we send out a survey with SurveyMonkey. It is so helpful when we want to see what we can improve on and what we need to change or keep the same.

Pros

I like that the format is simple so you can get your survey out and receive information and polls back quickly.

Cons

I would like to see more freedom to use other fonts and backgrounds.