All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

SurveyMonkey Apply

Collect, manage & review applications.

SurveyMonkey Apply Reviews

Pros

We are happy that we made the change as our system/room was very robust. We worked with great people on the transition and the support staff is always a big help.

Jane E.

Read the full review
Good, would recommend, but more transparency on pricing plans would be good, also please sort out the language default please. That may ultimately be the thing that makes me shift to another product.

Monica C.

Read the full review
I like the ease of typing in questions and the choices of responses. The total feature is also excellent.

Bob W.

Read the full review

Cons

Sadly, there is no structured training program, no technical manual. So, training would be catch-as-catch can (a video here, an article there).

Frederick L.

Read the full review
These implementation questions would be overwhelming. The biggest problem with SMA (and other similar grants software packages) is the amount of time and training expected of an administrator.

Frederick L.

Read the full review
We use it to manage a grant program at the City. Unfortunately it has a lot of issues and clients complain about the customer service.

Prince K.

Read the full review

Great onboarding support, really easy to use and extensive features!

Transcript

Arjun: My name is Arjun, I'm an associate in the non-profit industry and I would give SurveyMonkey Apply...

Fabulous System - Time Difference causes issues

Transcript

Gabrielle F.: My name is Gabrielle and I'm a grants coordinator for a medical research company. I give...

Perfect application platform with superb Customer Service!

SurveyMonkey Apply enables us to increase the resources efficiency with customized application workflows. The real-time reports also help us with moving away from time-consuming and manual processes. Definitely recommend SurveyMonkey Apply and be sure to ask for a product demo, especially the integration with other platforms.

Pros

SurveyMonkey Apply makes the application process easy to use for our applicants. The review process is seamless for our internal team. The payment integration is clear for several of our customized programs across multiple sites. We were able to integrate with other platforms upon accepted applications too. Reports feature is wonderful. Customer Support is superb with fast turn around responses.

Cons

Updating the current fields for the form could be better. We were unable to remove the value from the middle of the field drop down so we ended up duplicating the fields with new drop down instead.

Great service from Engineers, not so much from Sales or Management.

The Positive: 1. The engineer who managed and implemented out buildout was AMAZING. He was a pleasure to work with, super friendly, knowledgeable and down to earth. I would completely trust him to do work for us in the future. 2. Because of Covid, they gave us a 6 month grace period for payment, because we would not be able to use the site as intended. 3. Engineer tossed in extra training for us,...

Pros

For our organization, having the translation feature for Spanish is incredibly helpful, ability to automate most of our admin work and systemetize the work flow. Has a professional look without having to know CSS. Working with the Implementation Engineer was great.

Cons

Translations only go so far. For automated emails, they don't automatically translate like the rest of the application does. However, I am not sure that this is anything that SMA can adjust, as their emails being sent out of the application system and not housed internally on the application site when people apply. Once you learn how to use that platform, it's pretty straight forward, but there is...

FUN PRODUCT

I have used this for business related surveys as well as personal reasons such as "secret Santa" it is so fun and awesome!

Pros

This is such a great and anonymous way of voicing your opinions as well as asking imperative questions.

Cons

I actually do not have any complaints about this software, I have used it at previous companies before as well, two thumbs up!

SurveyMonkey Apply (SMA, formerly FluidReview) has a Draconian refund policy: No refunds allowed!

Pros

There's really nothing we liked about SMA because we never got as far as being able to use the software for our grants program. During the implementation process, it became clear that there are several significant flaws in the structure of SMA. As an example, SMA/FluidReview was developed for the Canadian market. As such, the organization information form (which cannot be changed) asks for CITY and...

Cons

The implementation process did not go smoothly for us. We were asked questions about our current grants program, which is rather simple: we use one web form hosted by Formstack. The implementation person intended to simply replicate our current grants program. This made no sense to me. We were never given the opportunity to understand what features SMA could bring to our grants process. I'm not sure...

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. We would like to apologize that your experience has not met your expectations. We are always looking to improve and your feedback is critical to that. We would like the opportunity to address the concerns you¿ve raised as there may be a misunderstanding on the some functionality. For example, organizational profile is country agnostic and can...

The Best Software You Didn't Know You Needed

My overall experience has been exceptional. I cannot imagine doing the work I do without having SurveyMonkey Apply. It has become a staple of my work life and also of my applicants. They are now quite comfortable with it and most application periods have very few issues; certainly none we can't resolve. I hope to keep using it for many years.

Pros

Above all, I love the customer service. All issues are resolved quickly. In addition, the software is easy to use for all users: applicants, reviewers, administrators. COVID-19 restrictions forced everything online. Applications and reviews were always online only, but now we have the contract with digital signatures, approvals and signatures with Finance Dept, Contract acceptance, and the grant report all online as well. It has been a life saver.

Cons

If an applicant has used the software in previous years for any of my programs, all important information should auto-fill on the new application. (Name, Org, Address, Phone, Email, EIN, etc.). If a program is built in the SANDBOX, once I am finished I should be able to transfer it to the live site, instead of having to rebuild it. There should be a way to override the need to have a verified email.

Fabulous System - Time Difference causes issues

Overall - after 1 whole year of using Survey Monkey I am really happy with the program. This is the third Grantmaking Portal I have used for an extended period of time and I would say without a doubt that it is the best.

Pros

I love the new program to create reports - much more effective than the old one. I also really appreciate how customizable the visibility of each section is. Our transition between Fluid Review and Survey Monkey apply was as smooth as we could have hoped for - and that was due in large part to the amazing transition support we received.

Cons

I do wish that there was some kind of rubbish bin for deleted files - some of our applicants have accidentally deleted their whole applications which has caused major problems for us. I also wish that there were more customer service options for people in the southern hemisphere. I find that urgent problems can take days to fix sometimes due to the time difference - a live chat function for questions would make such a difference.

Pros

This software is adaptable for our purposes. We were processing grant applications using paper before, and this software was able to covert that same application to an online process for the applicant.

Cons

Features that we would like to see are automations prompting administrators when applications have been idle for a time period that we set and reports that can be generated using all fields of data we collect.

platform with a lot of functionalities

Overall, the onboarding process was very structured and clear, the training is available and the customer support team is pretty responsive.

Pros

I like that there are a lot of automation options and customization features available on the platform. Although we did not integrate it with our website, it was easy to make the portal look like it was part of our online presence.

Cons

because there are so many different options, the program requires a person who is fully trained to manage it. For someone who manages it on and off, it is too hard to remember how to change, add or remove features or stages. The reporting feature is a bit confusing.

Works Seamlessly

My experience with Survey Monkey Apply was a good one.

Pros

As a user of software, I have received the surveys. Surveys were very easy to navigate, some surveys I ended up leaving with out finished them.

Cons

I do not have any dislikes since I am reviewing as the survey taker and not the survey taker. I am neutrail

Money for opinions

Pros

What i like the most about this software is they legitimately paid you cash or gift cards to frequently share your opinions on certain subjets.

Cons

There is not one bad thing i could say about this software i enjoy all the features.

A great system, but with significant flaws

I've generally found the SMA team to be very responsive, but on raising the issue regarding the new reporting tool I have been very disappointed to have not heard back from our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] or our FR transition manager.

Pros

SurveyMonkey Apply is a powerful application management system. It is used across our education to administer the application and review process for public grants, fellowships, and competitions. Each programme can be customised to a high degree, and automations can be built in to ease administrative burdens for repetitive tasks. The application itself meets web accessibility standards, and both our applicants and reviewers find it to be intuitive.

Cons

Recently, the reporting and data export tools were significantly redesigned. In doing so basic capabilities were removed that has resulted in chaos for our administrators. Specifically, the Applicant and Reviewer data has been separated in a way that makes it impossible to retrieve and merge data from these different parts of the application process in a single report (as was previously possible)....

Fantasy Scholarship Management

If I had a fantasy about the perfect scholarship management software, Apply is even better. I never imagined we could get so much in one package, and that's the "lite" version. The students were able to complete their applications online; the staff could see exactly what the status was of every application; and the review committee moved through their scoring tasks efficiently. All in one place. It was so logical, and we adapted to it so readily, that it seemed like it was just made for us. Love that!

Pros

The training and onboarding was awesome. What could have been intimidating learning new software was paced so well, with training videos I could re-watch and plenty of support in helping us get set up initially. Support continued through each stage of the scholarship cycle. The "lite" version of Apply was a perfect fit for our small scholarship program. The dashboard data told us how many students...

Cons

I have no complaints regarding Apply. While the scholarship application form can be customized to a high degree, there are one or two fine points where we had to work around the limitations. But everything can be accomplished that we need. I know the price is more than reasonable for what we get, but it can be a hard sell to the board of trustees of a small nonprofit organization who would rather put the money toward scholarships. Because they don't all work with the software, they may not realize the huge advantages. I have to explain that it's our "mission-critical infrastructure investment."

Great product - not well known in the performing arts application world.

Pros

The flexibility that we had to customize our entire application process from beginning to start. I like that we have the ability to build our things on our own but we also get some hours each year with an implementation specialist where we bounce ideas off that person to help solve different questions as they arose. Each year we use this system, we have the ability to get more creative with defining our process to meet the needs of our reviewers and applicants.

Cons

That we cannot have our reviewers see applications in more than one stage if they are not reviewing - this is a HUGE hindrance for us.

Apply

Apply is a great fit for our needs. Our organization takes submissions for multiple grant applications with different branding and this site makes accommodations for this. I find that the site functions well and becomes easy to navigate over time. Thankfully, the onboarding process was smooth due to the patient vigilance and assistance of our onboarder. The preliminary training videos are also very helpful with getting acclimated to the site. I look forward to using Apply for many years to come!

Pros

I like that Apply is set up to be user-friendly and highly customizable. I feel like it is flexible and that the support team really tries to listen to feedback to make positive changes to the site. The site itself is modern and has many amazing features such as being able to "assume" the role of an applicant, which, for example, allows you to troubleshoot in a very effective way.

Cons

The learning curve is initially steep. I am well-versed in learning different types of software and various proprietary applications at my organization, but Apply is not precisely intuitive when you first start out learning the software. Furthermore, while there is often an easy solution to simple problems, getting to the solution often requires a more abstract problem-solving style to find the correct workaround for an issue. Over time, through the training videos, using the site, and the help of your onboarder, you learn the system and its features and it all starts to make sense.

Excellent. We transitioned this summer from fluid review to Survey Monkey. It was easy for the onboard specialist to fit all of our application process into Survey Monkey. Also we received training on the new system.

Pros

I like the ease of use. Applicants are really responding to our system. I am assuming they are finding the process easy and quick to use. The best part of Survey Monkey is the tech support I receive. They do an excellent job of walking me through my problems and help me troubleshoot any issues that arrive.

Cons

I don't like that I have to send separate emails from several pages or I have not figured out how to send to all. For example: I needed to send 81 emails today. One page shows 50 and then I have to go to the next page.

Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. It¿s great to hear that you find the solution easy to use and that applicants are responding well to the system. Your comment about sending separate emails from several pages did catch my attention. I would love to connect with you to understand the emails you are sending in more detail and explore a solution to this pain point. I will follow-up via email. Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback and we look forward to continuing our partnership.

Giving Kitchen loves SurveyMonkey Apply

As a nonprofit organization that offers emergency assistance to food service workers, we rely heavily on having a reliable application system to maintain all of our records and make the application process as simple as possible for our clients. SurveyMonkey Apply's platform is built to allow us to develop our applications from the ground up with a lot of flexibility for customizing each one. The fact that it connects to Salesforce, the CRM we currently use, is something we are really excited about as we contemplate the possibilities.

Pros

The customer service is easily the best thing about working with this software. Always accessible and very helpful. SMA offered free on-boarding support at the start of our term, and we receive an additional few hours each year - which are incredibly helpful for evaluating our applications for improvements on a regular basis.

Cons

There honestly isn't much to dislike about this software. If I had to pick something it would be an improved capability for language translations and support in that realm. SMA is not currently offered in many languages yet, and the transition for the ones available can be costly and time-consuming.

Software Successful for Music Program

We receive over 400 applications annually for our summer programs, which draw gifted young classical musicians from all over the world. Apply offers us an affordable, easy-to-manage solution for hosting our application, comprised of a written questionnaire and video submissions. While we utilize a breadth of features on the application side, our review side is much simpler - we do not use the rankings,...

Pros

Affordability, backend usability, regular improvements.

Cons

We do not use all of the functionality of the software on the review side, but this isn't really a con - we've been able to figure out a workaround every time.

Integrating from FluidReview to SurveyMonkey Apply

The customer service through SurveyMonkey Apply has been outstanding! Not only do the representatives walk you through the training, they also send you the instructions via email so you have access to them at any time.

Pros

We have been with Survey Monkey for several years and we integrated over to SM Apply last year. The thing I like most about SM Apply is the ability to maintain all of our previous information on scholars and being able to build on that over time. We were able to integrate everything over from FluidReview and us being a renewable scholarship that was very important.

Cons

The integration was not as easy as I had hoped for, however, it's a matter of retraining your thinking process in how the program works. Once I was able to work through the different processes I was able to work through it with no problem, it just took some time and patience.

So glad we went with Apply!

From the day I first met the Apply salesperson, I've been impressed with the professionalism and thoroughness of everyone on the team. Their product functions exactly as they claim, and they work closely with clients to customize each organization's platform. We use Apply for our grants and scholarship programs, and although there are similarities in our use of the platform, they were customized...

Pros

Professionalism of staff, ease of use, ability to change our platform ourselves as needed, and the ability to build reports on any piece of data that we collect from our applicants. We even have happy reviewers use the system.

Energy Assessor Applications

We are managing a quite complex application process involving more than one external assessor quite seamlessly with plenty of automation. The reporting also helps to keeps things moving when there is a logjam.

Pros

This product replaced a system that we had in place since the inception of the business 10 years ago. It is natural to be nervous about change, but the product has met or exceeded our expectations and the development team held our hand reassuringly throughout the process. The technical competence and knowledge of the product to solve problems was outstanding.

Cons

We are still finding ways to get more out of the systems and are starting to use it in ways we couldn't with the previous system. Is never wuite being finished a bad thing?

Arts Granting use of Apply

We have found that Applyhas streamlined the intake process for out 14+ grant programs that run annually and get 40 - 200 applications. The majority of our applicants like that our grant programs are now online and that they no longer have to submit paper applications in person to us at the office on deadline day. The customer support has been great and personable.

Pros

We find that building forms that are unique to each grant program is very easy and customizable. We used to have a contracted graphic designer make all the edits to our PDF grant forms. Now we can make edits ourselves, and quickly. It's very easy for applicants to use. We can download applications right after the deadline and quickly and easily know how many submissions we have and from who. The drag and drop form builder is very user friendly. The new Awards site works very well for us to manage our 14+ grant programs.

Getting the Good Work Done

If it were possible to give more than five stars for customer service, we would. We have had a positive experience with Apply from the start of our build more than two years ago through daily use by our staff, funders, and non-profit clients.

Pros

Very intuitive, internally flexible (that is, there are typically multiple ways to access a command or list), built with the user in mind, very robust in terms of crunch times and multiple access

Cons

Sometimes I deal with people who like a simple picture and are easily confused by different routes to the same goal, or too many alternatives. Easily dealt with by giving them a specific path to follow, but it took me a while to figure out that occasionally the system can look complex (when it really is just flexible).

Master's Program Online Application Made Easy

Albany Law School was in a time crunch to get our Master's in Legal Studies application up and online. We gave Apply a tight deadline and they were able to accomplish the task quickly and professionally. The representatives we worked with were knowledgeable about how the product worked and helpful about best practices. We felt confident from day one that we would have a quality application process that would make both us, the reviewer, and the applicant happy. Any time we had questions or wanted to make an adjustment our Onboarding Specialist was quick to respond, often coming up with solutions that were better than we expected.

Pros

I like how easily customizable it is. We already had an idea of how we wanted things to look and Apply was able to deliver the application questions in the format we wanted. I also really like the automatic emails that can be triggered on an action. That makes communicating with applicants simple. I also appreciate the ability to "assume the role" which makes it easy to understand what the applicant is seeing.

Cons

The only thing that I wish it had was a communication log. However, because emails are automatic, we feel confident that the applicant has received the information we have sent.

Great Product, Great Price, Wonderful Customer Service

We were able to streamline both our application process as well as the 2 year grant cycle process so it is all in one platform from application through review and then any subsequent reporting requirements of our subgrantees.

Pros

I liked how the implementation specialist was willing to answer all of our questions and work with us on our incredibly complex process to make sure our end product met all of our needs.

Cons

There are a few features we wished it had, but we understand our application process is far more complex than most organizations.

Hi Michael, Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. It¿s great to hear that your experience with the implementation specialist was positive and that they were able to work with you to design a solution that fit your process. We would love to learn more about product features that would benefit your organization. If you¿d be willing to connect with us about this, please reach out to our customer success team at smapplycsm@surveymonkey.com. Thank you and and we look forward to continuing our partnership.

We asked for a lot of customization and they delivered well.

Pros

Dynamic nature of judges and rounds. We have a competition with many, many rounds and hundreds of judges. No other software could manage it this easily.

Cons

There is no messaging automation. This is a burdensome tasks to manually send out messages after round completion. In addition, there is no drip capability.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! It¿s great to hear that we could customize the solution to meet your requirements. We did want to follow-up on your comment regarding message automation. This is possible in both SurveyMonkey Apply and FluidReview Pro and Enterprise Packages. Here are some useful articles that identify how this functionality works and get you started: - FluidReview:...

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.