All categories

SurveyMonkey Apply

Collect, manage & review applications.

SurveyMonkey Apply Reviews - Page 6

Great improvement over our past nomination process!

Pros: 1. Nominators, nominees and reviewers love the ability to submit and review nominations and/or applications online and really like the fact that we are using far less paper in this process. 2. Application provides administrators with easy access to submissions and reports in one place Cons: 1. Developing the various nomination contests and associated reporting is not always that intuitive, and the help documentation is often very high level and does not address specific questions we have had to deal with.

Cons

Great support in setting-up a site

I found the support from the on boarding team to be exceptional. Setting-up online systems is not my thing (to say the least), but I was very pleasantly surprised by how easy it was thanks to the staff. The training videos are very long and not interactive, which put me off, but actually editing and managing the site is pretty straightforward once you get used to the terminology. I love that you can make text edits from within the site, so don't always have to go into the backend to make simple changes.

Cons

Great piece of software with full capabilities

When we decided to bring our scholarship application process online, I didn't know what to expect or what our options were. After a little research, we found Apply to be the leader. Although the cost was more than what we were initially planning to spend, the software goes above and beyond what I thought the capabilities might look like when we began the project. After initial set up, the system is running itself and I look forward to streamlining the submittal, grading and entire process.

Cons

Product is very user friendly. Students are delighted with how easy it is to apply for scholarships

This software has been truly wonderful and easy use for students to apply for multiple scholarships. It has made it easy for the University to get reports and statistics on our various scholarships. We, of course, have had to adapt to the software and are continuing to learn all the data that can be extracted and we become more and more familiar with the product. I certainly would recommend this software to other universities as a tool for students to apply on all their various scholarships.

The Only Choice for Online Application Management

We were pleasantly surprised to find out about Apply when we went looking for a scholarship application management product. This is one of only a few products where you ask a question about a feature and almost always receive a positive response. Anything we were looking for was already integrated into the system and it has been able to do more than we originally asked. The administration of our application process went from hours a day to minutes which has meant a quick ROI for us.

• Likelihood to recommend9.00/10

Apply made my competition dreams come true

After several frustrating years with our previous competition platform, we decided to pay the cost and move to Apply. SO many painpoints were solved just in the on-boarding process. Their team has been very helpful in working with all our accommodations to ensure that we're satisfied.

Pros

It's customization ability and how user friendly it is

Cons

The con is probably that it is one of the most expensive competition host sites in the market

Admissions Coordinator- Albany Law School

Working with Apply has been an easy process. Any questions were answered by Sarah who was extremely knowledgeable about the product. Apply is very user friendly, and a great product.

Pros

User Friendly Personizable

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Phenomenal very easy to use

Pros

I loved how easy it was to use and of course saving a few trees is the best. Lord knows the paperwork can be intense and the sheer volume is intimidating but this was so easy to input my info into.

Cons

None loved it, definitely watch the training vids and get in contact with the customer service of you have any issues theyre great.

Easy to use, but layout changes would be nice

Pros

Customers can complete an evaluation poll fairly easily after attending one of my trainings. Our admin can customize the questions to suit the session, and it's very easy to check my responses.

Cons

I would like to be able to modify the layout when reviewing responses - I don't have great visibility into the submitter like I can get with other survey tools. I'd also like to be able to reconfigure the response layout (for me) - the review page is kind of bulky and involves lots of scrolling.

Great service, product was a little confusing

I took over a project with Apply for a colleague who was out of the office. I didn't have time to learn the software as well as I should have, but the customer service representative walked me through everything and got it set up. I only had two negatives, and one was my team's fault. We held two different competitions, so things got a little murky there. The second was that I didn't have 8 hours to watch how-to videos, which tells me the product was a little clunky.

Effective and User Friendly

I really enjoy working with this software. Once you understand the workflow designer and the lingo, the website becomes very user friendly. I appreciate how effective it is in making our customers happy. I hear a lot of great feedback from the applicants and reviewers we work with. There have been a few glitches along the way that can be hindering. However, if you're working with right Apply rep, your questions will be answered promptly and your problems will be fixed ASAP.

Cons

Apply has enabled us to streamline and enhanced our scholarship processes.

We have over 100 unique scholarships with multiple variables. Apply allowed us to capture the many individuals and unique requirements of our scholarships, which was no small feat. Our Apply on-boarding specialist was exceptionally easy to work with, extremely knowledgeable of Apply's systems, always there to guide us, and offered ideas and solutions to our unique situations. The support staff is superb, very responsive and helpful. I highly recommend Apply!

Apply to the Rescue!!

My organization was starting from scratch, we had no idea where to even begin....One call to Apply and my mind was at ease. Talk about a phenomenal staff, from the initial call, through the onboarding process they knocked it out of the park! They literally walk you through every step and are never more than an email or phone call away if you get stuck! If all companies made it this easy and had an Alex to work with, this world would be a better place!

Cons

An intuitive interface, with excellent client support both to administrators and applicants

The site has been relatively straightforward to build, edit and manage, and my staff have learned relatively quickly how to navigate their way around it. I suspect that applicants and reviewers will find it relatively easy to use when the application cycle starts in September. My only reservations thus far revolve around reporting: the functionality of reporting is very sophisticated but it doesn't seem to be quite as intuitive as the rest of the site.

Cons

Powerful form builder with workflow and process automation options

Apply handled our high-volume application intake requirements as well as our bilingual needs very well. It was pretty straight forward to setup, not requiring a coding/technical background (but which would certainly help, especially html/CSS). The workflow designer and application form lends itself well for simpler, single themed applications. The report builder is one of the better ones out there. Customer support and documentation is very strong.

Exceeded expectations, highly recommend

Before deciding to purchase Apply we thoroughly evaluated seven similar software companies. We chose Apply for both our scholarships and grant application needs. Overall, we could not have had a better experience - they exceeded our expectations in both service and quality of their product. I highly recommend Apply. Pros: Outstanding customer service Extremely easy to use as an administrator and as an external user Ability to customize areas to fit your needs

Powerful Evaluation Tool

We needed something powerful with as many automatic triggers as possible to ease the workload for a small in-house staff. Apply was perfect for moving bulk applications through several phases of review. The on-boarding specialist was efficient and knowledgable and got us online within a short amount of time while also providing access to tutorials as well as the software program to reduce, what could be, a steep learning curve.

Mostly logical. Not always intuitive

A query I raised in July or august and chased on a bug in a report remains unresolved until now... I went through a lot for support on that problem. It was a disappointing experience and outcome, even though I followed up multiple times and escalated. Most of the time the tech support is good, timely and clear. Some of the time it is unclear, and comes across as impatient. The impression is that assumptions about user fault and knowledge are made.

Cons

Great Product - A Real Timesaver!

We have had a great experience with Apply. It has been wonderful to have a site-specific product that's best for our workflow. The customer service is fabulous. The onboarding process really guaranteed that we could iron out any kinks before our site went live. Our clients seem to have a smooth application process, and we particularly like that we can go into the system as a user to see and resolve any issues our clients experience.

Cons

Great product and customer service

I have been extremely satisfied with my experience with the Apply product and customer service up to this point. I have been working with Derrick Krishn. He spent time with me going through the product and setting up the applications I work with. He has answered my questions in a timely manner and provided me guidance in how to navigate the product on my own. I appreciate his knowledge and willingness to work with us via email and phone.

• Likelihood to recommend6.00/10

Helpful Solve for Application Software

Pros

It can be tailored to what you need the software to do and the dedicated contacts while you are building and deploying is incredibly helpful.

Cons

While there are a lot of great help resources, it can feel intimidating to set up or refresh your program from year to year.

Monash University is very satisfied with the Apply product

The Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences at Monash University has been using Apply since early 2014. We are extremely satisfied with the product, and appreciate the new features that are continually being introduced. The onboarding and renewal processes are excellent, and the technical support team are extremely helpful. The responses to our queries are very fast considering the 14 hour time zone difference.

• Likelihood to recommend10.00/10

Pros

This software provides easy ways to leave your feedback on a service or product

Cons

Nothing to really complain about. Like this product.

• Likelihood to recommend8.00/10

Exceptional On Boarding

My on boarding specialist was exceptional. She made the process of learning how to use the systems simple and alleviated my anxiety around my perceived technological shortcomings. Heather McBride was a wonderful on boarding specialist and I would highly recommend her to others seeking a similar experience.

Pros

The convenience

Cons

Limited functionality

Great product that is helping to streamline my application process.

Apply is very easy intuitive. After only one session I felt very comfortable navigating through the system. My onboarder helped me figure out how to fit my process into Apply and make it a streamlined process. The only con I have is I wish I was able to customize a few more things. So far, my experience with this software have been very positive and the response from the students has been positive as well.