Better Reviews

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.51/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

Easy transition from our other software, slowly changing things to fit our needs and once again super good customer service.
Cannot drag items in the cart. I wish it prompted you to select an address, we have made the mistake of using the default one before and sending crews to the wrong location.
I am not sure if it is how we have the system set up or if it is limitations based on our needs. BPro can be clunky and confusing.
Sometimes the reports can be a little confusing to figure out which ones to use for what.

FG

Freddy G.

Manager

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Needs a lot of work for the price

Transcript

Fernando G.: Hi, my name is Fernando. I'm in the house cleaning business. I'm the owner of my company,...

AG

Adriana G.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Customer Profile

I love it! it is very easy to use just the create order and the email not showing on the invoice issues are the ones giving me a hard time.

Pros

Whenever I want to update the customer's address or email it opens another window/tab, I don't know how you call it and I don't like that. Whenever I wanted to create a new Order I used to click on Create Order now I have to look for the customer's name go through their Profile and create a new order. Also if it is a new customer and I enter all of his information, the email won't show on the invoice.

Cons

Thank you for taking out the time to write us a great review Adriana! We are happy that you love our product and find it easy to use. We are sorry that you do not like the way some of the features work and will be delighted to work you through the quick ways to achieve better results with those features. Please reach out through BPro chat if you need anything!

MH

Mark H.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Great product, great people

The Better Software does a very good job of receiving feedback from their users and uses that feedback to help implement future projects and directions with the software. It seems like they are actually listening to us and helping us use the software better and taking feedback to their developers.

Pros

It is very functional for my growing business. I rely on my team members to do a lot of billing and estimating and it is easy for them to use this in the field on a job site.

Cons

There are a few too many clicks. Meaning, it could use some simplifying with ease of use.

Hey Mark! Thanks for writing us this great review. We are happy you enjoy the numerous features of the product and define us as "Great product, great people". Thank you for identifying us as a listening company. Our goal is to create the best customer experience in the industry and the only way to achieve this is to listen to your needs and implement accordingly. It is always a pleasure working with you.

BS

Barb S.

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Garbage

They sold us on a product that they weren't willing or able to deliver. Odd that I should get an invitation to offer a review a year after we stopped using them (we gave up in October 2018)

Pros

initially it was simple but useful and their staff was responsive.

Cons

they updated to a new version, took out all the functions that worked for our business and then promised endlessly to get it working for us. We had one staff member on the phone with tech support DAILY for months trying to work out the issues. They'd fix one thing just for it to mess up something else. In the end, they basically admitted they were moving in a different direction that what they had...

LD

Lee D.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

The Better Software

Pros

We really enjoy the customer support. From all CSRs - they've been great!

Cons

Reporting / Dashboards - One way or another if you spend enough time figuring out the reports - you can get the info you are looking for. However, we still find it to be difficult and very time consuming to use them the way they are.

Hello Lee and thanks for taking the time to write this great review. Thank you so much for calling out our wonderful support team! We strive to provide the best support in the industry and we are so glad that you feel we meet this standard. I am sorry you have some difficulty with the reports. We will be delighted to help with quick ways to derive better value from them with ease. Please feel free to chat into BPro support if you need anything.

GS

Graham S.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Did I mention Customer Support?

Every CRM end-user wishes for different features. BPRO works at delivering. They continually roll out new methods of platform interaction, never being satisfied with a status quo. They seek feedback. And, ultimately, their customer support and attitude are second to none. I would not use another platform even at half the cost.

Pros

Visual data references; data links and work flow; email integration; multiple locations; document library; customer support; ability to alter role-based user access; email tracking; commitment to different ideations of user interface

Cons

Requires additional development to aggregate streams of our customer data to surface insights in making business decisions; credit card processing; multi-source lead capture

Hey Graham! Wow! Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to write us this amazing review. We are delighted to see that you enjoy our numerous features and continuous improvements. We absolutely love working with you and are happy you feel the same way. Thank you for calling out our awesome customer support team. Our goal is to provide the best customer experience in the industry and we are glad that you feel that we meet that standard.

MR

Manuel R.

Upgrading my customer relation management software.

I recently selected Bpro by the "Better Software Company". After many hours of testing different CRM products available on the market, I found the software to be almost seamless in its function across different devices we use in the office or in the field. Most OTHER products tested had very limited access or functionality on mobile devices. With Bpro all the power and features available on a desk-top...

Cons

Wow Manuel! Thanks for writing us this awesome review. We are so happy you love the various features of our product and consider it "a well designed complete package CRM at an excellent price point". Thank you for calling out our amazing customer support team. Our goal is to deliver the best customer experience in the industry and the fact that you called us "5 star service and support" makes us feel like we meet this standard. It is great working with you. Thank you once again!

MB

Mark B.

Lots of data to use!

I like to identify certain customer groups to send out new information and adds to. Its nice to filter to specific criteria. I need to get better and learn more about all the financial tools to help monitor my business P&L.

Pros

There is so much data and reports that can be run. Lots of good information. Easy to obtain existing and recurring data about customers.

Cons

Need a bit of time to create templates and report settings.

Hey Mark! Thanks for taking out time to write us a awesome review. We are happy you appreciate the availability of good quality data and reports on our software. It is always our desire to provide great tools for your decision making. Please let us know via BPro chat, if you need any help with the reports or anything else. We are always happy to help. Thank you once again!

BB

Brent B.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Expensive but full featured

I signed up to use this software expecting a much easier start. The software was very hard to work with by today's software standards. It worked on old conventions that have fallen by the wayside to newer user friendly options. Customer service tried to help but it became apparent that the software was just outdated and I moved on to other options. The good news for new users is that they have completely revamped the software! It has improved so greatly that I regretted switching so soon. But now I'm committed to another system at the point of no return. The new system is feature rich AND user friendly

Pros

Lots of features, attractive new interface, CRM capabilities

Cons

Expensive

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review Brent! I am sorry your experience with the older version of our product was not great. Thank you for stating that our new system is feature rich and user friendly. Our goal is to provide the best customer experience in the industry and we are glad you think we are on the right path. Thank you for the opportunity to work with you and we look forward to earning the opportunity to work with you again.

WN

William N.

Textiles, 1-10 employees

Excellent tech support

Friendly to use, easy to do modifications, easy to change work orders, easy to track jobs and previous job done.

Pros

Technical support is really good. easy to use anywhere, is web-base

Cons

No French translation (we are in Quebec), sometimes the punch In or Out have bugs, but a quick refresh always work.

Thank you so much for your review, William! We are thrilled that you have enjoyed working with our awesome support team. While our system does allow for custom language/labeling on primary menus and features, we will be looking at more in-depth translation options as we expand our service offerings into other markets around the globe. We appreciate you taking the time to submit this review. -All the best and have a great day!!

LB

Lori B.

Facilities Services, 1-10 employees

Feedback

Pros

The system keeps things organized and in one place

Cons

Lots of updates and changes once you’re familiar w/it

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review Lori! We are glad that you think the system keeps things organized and in one place. We do make updates and improvements to our product. This is usually derived from feedback from customers and done to improve the customer experience. Please feel free to chat into BPro if you need anything.

RP

Rebecca P.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Great Great Great! Give them all the stars

Pros

I love everything about this software. We moved from another software that was super hard to use and not a single person was there to help us. With The Better Software Company there is always someone there to help us with any questions no matter how big or small. It's user friendly and there are videos to watch if you need help. They are always striving to make it even better and have webinars to show you the new cool stuff!

Cons

There isn't anything I can complain about with this software.

Hi Rebecca! Wow! We really appreciate your support in taking the time to provide us with your awesome feedback. We are very happy that you love everything about our software and our customer support, including the learning resources we make available to users to improve the overall experience. We will always do our best to continuously improve our system with even more cool stuff :) Thank you once again!

JC

Joseph C.

Great service

Overall I am very pleased with Better Software and the outstanding customer service received.

Pros

The software is easy to use and whenever I have a question the response is very quick. I even have had a personal phone call to answer my questions.

Cons

There is a delay with Quickbooks on line and Better Software. This is probable something that can not be improved.

Hi Joseph, wow we really appreciate your support and taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We always try to go the extra mile for our clients and help improve their day to day in any way we can. Our Quickbooks Online to BPro sync should be real-time. Please feel free to reach out to our amazing support team should you need any assistance with your Quickbooks sync. Thanks again for your support!

MG

Matt G.

They went downhill fast

Started good but went from bad to unusable.

Pros

Their support is prompt. But they put in a ticket and it goes nowhere. Literally nowhere off months.

Cons

They made changes to their software and it cannot be trusted. Orders are being dropped, double booked or you need a work around because of problems with the system. I started with them 5 years ago and everything started great. Then it got so bad I had to switch because it cost me thousands of dollars because of their system issues. Some mornings we would come into work and the system would have multiple duplicated orders so we were stuck without sny way of directing our teams. They would not be in until 9-10am to start working on it so we nearly list the whole morning.

Hello Matt, We are truly sorry about some of the issues that you have brought to light here. I believe you are referring to some issues that developed when we flipped you over to our update. When we moved you we experienced some short-term data hiccups that were quickly addressed. Our service hours do start at 8:30 AM EST so I am a bit perplexed at your comment about the start time. As you are aware we pride ourselves on prompt customer service. Tickets are treated on a priority basis with anything affecting finance as treated as first priority and then the most requested tickets follow after. We are truly sorry to see you leave after 5 years. Wish you all the best in the future. If there is anything I can do to help you please do not hesitate to reach out to me @ doug@bybetter.com

NC

Natalie C.

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Built for Franchise

Great tool for us as a franchisor and it has definitely helped our franchisees improve their business. On-boarding was easier than expected.

Pros

We have been using it for years and it's configurable to meet our business process and workflows. They have a good change management team as well and they do a good job at supporting both us as franchisors and our franchsisees

Cons

To many product updates. They are rolled out weekly and I would prefer monthly

CF

Chris F.

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

Better makes us better

Pros

Mobile friendly Easy Scheduling Branded Hubs

Cons

Clicks Not a great clear distinction between prospects and customers

Hi Chris! Thanks for taking time out of your very busy schedule to write us this great review. Thank you for your kind words as stated in your review title "Better makes us better". We truly do feel the same way, that you equally make us better! It's been a pleasure working with you over the years.

AP

Alyssa P.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Good company, great functions!

I like using this software for business. We are able to see what $ is coming in and can see who still owes $. Also like how you can customize it. Also customer service does a pretty decent job of answering and helping quickly with any issues.

Pros

I like how I can customize it to the needs of my company & my employees.

Cons

It doesn’t work well on the mobile app.

Hi Alyssa and thanks for writing us a good review. We are glad you enjoy the various features, including the assortment of reports. I am sorry if your experience with the Mobile App has not been exciting. Permit me to suggest you log into the website using the mobile device browser. Thank you for calling out our amazing customer service team. We strive daily to provide the best customer experience and are happy you find us speedy and helpful.

Do

Debbie o.

Excellent Product! Excellent Support Team!

Pros

The overall layout of the information on the job. Having access to the customer record, calendar and cart from one page is ideal!

Cons

Compared to what we have used before, there are too many clicks required to complete a transaction. a minimimum requirement for an answer is not ideal .... in my opinion anyway! Hope this works!

Hey Debbie! Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to write us this great review. We are happy you find both our product and support team excellent. Our goal is to provide the best customer experience in the industry and we are glad you think we meet that standard. Please feel free to chat into BPro support as we are always eager to help! Once again, thank you!

MF

Melissa F.

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

Rip Off- Talk you into the functions that work then no return of money even if you can't use it!

This company was lovely to work with up until they took my deposit. As soon as money was in hand and we were actually using the system. Come to find out it is NOT efficient and was actually adding more time and steps to our already outdated process. They promised a refund which they never gave. When I disputed the charges they fought them. Horrible experience!

Pros

There were great email features

Cons

We couldn't schedule appointments for the first month of having service. The scheduler doesn't allow you to schedule continuous appointments for multiple days at a time it also won't allow you to do it under different categories unless you go into each field individually and schedule it day by day.

Aw Snap! Sorry Mellisa. We hate that we didn't make you happy. Thank you for your feedback. I'd like to take this opportunity to respond: 1. The calendar you were using in June and July was completely re-done in August of this year has received great feedback. 2. I know you were extremely keen to get started with the system but we did have a delay with receiving your customer and product...

CA

Cathy A.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Better software review.,.makes my work easy

Helps to have a software that does what i used 2 others to accomplish...has eased my work experience..helpful company always there to support...valur for money. Helps my branding in staying professional and quick to respond to quote request and invoice revisions so easier..mobile app a plus

Pros

Ease of use..works for my business .makes my work easier and saves me time

Cons

Hey Cathy! Thanks for taking the time to write us this awesome review. We are happy our product makes your job easier and saves you time. Please feel free to chat into BPro if you need anything. We are always ready, willing and able to help. Once again, thank you.

SS

Shawn S.

Hospitality, 1-10 employees

Franchise User of this software

Fantastic experience.

Pros

The Support! I was able to learn the system and when confronted with problems, the service was fantastic in problem resolution!

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to find certain functionalities.

Hey Shawn, Thank you for this amazing review. We take great pride in our customer support. If there is anything more we can do to improve our system please feel free to reach out to me. Than you. Doug McGregor Managing Director doug@bybetter.com

TH

Tanner H.

Photography, 11-50 employees

Fantastic Customer Service

Pros

The team at The Better Software Company is dynamite! Tremendous support all the time.

Cons

Nothing really, it’s a solid platform and great franchise management tool.

BL

Bob L.

Facilities Services, 1-10 employees

The experience has been terrific.

Pros

It functions for us just as we need it to. However, the best feature is the real time customer support that you get from them.

Cons

The only complaint I have had is that when I send out an email it must go through the Better Software server. This has been confusing to some of our customers as to who is sending it out to them.

Hey Bob! Thanks for writing us this awesome review. We are happy to learn that your experience with the software has been terrific. Thank you for calling out our awesome customer support team. Our goal is to deliver the best customer experience in the industry and we are glad you think we have met that objective. Kindly reach out to us through BPro chat for anything you may need.

HE

Holly E.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

It is easy to use and understand. Support team is awesome!

Pros

Easy system to learn and use. If you need help they have a great support team.

Cons

I don't like that you cant customize layout certain pages.

Hi Holly! Thanks for writing us this amazing review! We are glad you find our product easy to learn and use. Thank you for calling out our awesome customer support team. We strive daily to deliver the best customer experience in the industry and your comments help us to know that we are meeting this objective. Please feel free to chat in if you need anything!

CL

Carol L.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Better Software

Pros

I like the customer service the most the people that work there are very accommodating and patience.

Cons

I can't change the trucks and the team members by myself. It's difficult to get that past customers from the previous software off my calendar and because of theis I have to spend hours trying to delete old appointments before I can put new one appointments in the book. It takes up so much of my time. I have no control I have to ask them for everything I need.

BL

Blair L.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Very cumbersome

Pros

Calendar is easy to manage. Reports are also useful

Cons

Way to many clicks to create an invoice.