The Better Software Reviews

4.31/5 (71 reviews)
Pros
  • Simple and easy to navigate most of the time.
  • Calendar is easy to manage. Reports are also useful
  • The software has a lot of different features to offer.
  • The ease of use, very user friendly. Excellent customer support.
Cons
  • Way to many clicks to create an invoice.
  • I've had some printing issues on a few things
  • Not being able to integrate stripe. That's it really
  • The customer service. Beyond that, absolutely nothing.
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Kerri Jensen

Awesome Company !

Reviewed 2019-11-13

Pros
The ease of use, very user friendly. Excellent customer support.

Cons
I've had some printing issues on a few things

Response from The Better Software Company

Hi Kerri,

Thank you so much for your awesome review and feedback, we know you're quite busy and it means the world to us that you took the time! We truly enjoy working with you too!

Please feel free to chat into BPro Support, it is possible you may have a pop-up blocker causing some printing issues, we'd be happy to help you get figure out the cause, we know how important printing your work orders are for the field technician daily.

Thanks again Kerri!

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Christopher Barker

You've Got service

Reviewed 2019-08-09

Great company. Whenever i need to learn something or...relearn something, the support staff are quick to respond and have always fixed my issue or taught me something so I don't have anymore issues.

Pros
Very easy to learn. With the New Lead function and New Customer function, it really is easy to set-up and follow through the entire work flow. From initial call to accepting payment, the system is easy to use.

Cons
Not being able to integrate stripe. That's it really

Response from The Better Software Company

Hi Christopher!

Thanks for taking out time to write us this amazing review.

We are excited to hear that you find our product easy to learn and set-up.

We actually do integrate Stripe very well.

We are so happy for your validation of the quality of our customer service. Our focus has always been to offer the best customer experience in the industry and your remark confirms that we are meeting this objective.

Thank you once again!

Patrick Mc Farland

Reviewed 2019-11-22

Pros
Customer support on line support has always been outstanding. Everyone was fast and able to answer any questions. I use their support many times. Always professorial and helpful.

Cons
To many clicks need to to get information entered or to print reports. Very nonuser friendly. Another little thing that set me back is when you enter screen to set up a new customer I have to put the cursor in the box then start entering data. It should start with cursor already to enter information.

Response from The Better Software Company

Thanks for writing us a review Patrick.

Thank you for calling out our awesome customer support team. Our goal is to constantly exceed our customer's expectations and we are glad you consider us outstanding.

We are sorry you find parts of our system difficult to work through. We will continue to strive to make the system more user friendly and efficient.

Once again, thank you for your feedback as your opinion is always valued.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Parker Wilson

Always reliable with the best customer service

Reviewed 2017-09-12

I can easily send my guys out on a job and they can use b pro instead of me telling them everything

Pros
Customer service agent is always there to help us out whenever we need it. He's on the ball and always goes the extra mile to keep a smile on our face

Cons
sometimes it crashes like 8 times in a day and that gets frustrating. But it's a heavy usage app so it's understandable

Response from The Better Software Company

Hi Parker!

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to write us this great review.

We are delighted that you find our software to be "always reliable" and our customer service, "the best". We strive daily the deliver the best customer experience in the industry and are glad you think we meet this standard.

Please feel to chat into BPro for anything you may need.

Thank you once again.

Bob Lowry

The experience has been terrific.

Reviewed 2017-08-09

Pros
It functions for us just as we need it to. However, the best feature is the real time customer support that you get from them.

Cons
The only complaint I have had is that when I send out an email it must go through the Better Software server. This has been confusing to some of our customers as to who is sending it out to them.

Response from The Better Software Company

Hey Bob!

Thanks for writing us this awesome review.

We are happy to learn that your experience with the software has been terrific. Thank you for calling out our awesome customer support team. Our goal is to deliver the best customer experience in the industry and we are glad you think we have met that objective.

Kindly reach out to us through BPro chat for anything you may need.

elizabeth Slade

It doesn't do what it should

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-11-22

We like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to deal with but overall not impressed with the software.

Pros
We love the help we get from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] but it's not fit for purpose. I don't want to use a system that just about gets by, I want a system that does it all. For $115 per month, it is over priced particularly as it does not have half the features other CRM's have and scheduling software does. The interface / dashboard is big and clumpy and cumbersome. It does not flow and is not really customize compared to others we have used. It's got potential but we have waited 6 months for it to be fully functional and it is still a very long way off of being near to other services. It periodically crashes Chrome and Internet Explorer.

Cons
The customer service. Beyond that, absolutely nothing.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Cathy Akinkunmi

Overall its allowed me to effectively utilize my time by using the features to work within the way m

Reviewed 2016-06-09

Pros-it has allowed me to work more efficiently, saving time and taking out redundancies. The looks and feel makes my business presentation look more professional I can view more details on item level of how my business is doing The image feature helps client to view the item and not have me attach the image to them in an email, time savings Cons The learning curve, including the major version revisions and the attendant glitches that comes with that Overall, it makes my work easier, really cutting down time i had otherwise had to use in some of my processes.

Response from The Better Software Company

Hey Cathy!

Thanks for taking the time to write us this review.

We are happy our product helps to improve your efficiency.

We strive daily to improve the product in order to deliver the best customer experience.

Please feel free to chat into BPro if you need anything. We are always ready, willing and able to help.

Once again, thank you.

Holly Easton

Reviewed 2019-12-21

It is easy to use and understand. Support team is awesome!

Pros
Easy system to learn and use. If you need help they have a great support team.

Cons
I don't like that you cant customize layout certain pages.

Response from The Better Software Company

Hi Holly!

Thanks for writing us this amazing review!

We are glad you find our product easy to learn and use. Thank you for calling out our awesome customer support team. We strive daily to deliver the best customer experience in the industry and your comments help us to know that we are meeting this objective.

Please feel free to chat in if you need anything!

Kathy McGarry

Truly Better

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-11-08

Pros
I liked the ability to track my clients personal information and history, and provide an invoice/estimate that looked clean and professional using our company logo.

Cons
Couldn't schedule or process payments - but that is coming down the line, or is already here.

Response from The Better Software Company

Hey Kathy!

Thanks for taking the time to write us this review.

We are happy you enjoyed our great features. We assure you that our product is even much better now and yes, you can both schedule and process payments.

We would be delighted to re-connect with you Kathy!

Thank you once again.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Kevin Bruner

Customer Service A+

Reviewed 2016-06-02

Switching rental software was a very scary thought after being on one platform for over 20 years. We made the leap and have been thrilled. By far the best piece of this venture has absolutely nothing to do with the software. The customer service provided to us has been far beyond my expectations. Every single time we have needed anything we were met with an immediate response and solution. I couldn't be more thankful to the entire Better Software Team for making this transition as smooth as possible.

Response from The Better Software Company

Hi Kevin!

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to write us a great review.

We are happy to hear that you have been thrilled by us after switching from another system.

Thank you for calling out our amazing customer service team. We strive daily to deliver the best customer experience in the industry and we are glad you think we meet that standard.

Carol Lewanda

Better Software

Reviewed 2019-11-10

Pros
I like the customer service the most the people that work there are very accommodating and patience.

Cons
I can't change the trucks and the team members by myself. It's difficult to get that past customers from the previous software off my calendar and because of theis I have to spend hours trying to delete old appointments before I can put new one appointments in the book. It takes up so much of my time. I have no control I have to ask them for everything I need.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Bethany Sutter

Reviewed 2019-11-11

Pros
Simple and easy to navigate most of the time.

Cons
What I least like is when you add a new client to schedule it duplicates and adds 2 for the same job. Also when I click on calendar/dispatch I would like to go back to the current date not the whole week and keep hitting what day, if i want a different day I will click on it myself because after closing each job or what not it becomes annoying having t wait for it.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Bruce Jurgensen

Overriew Of Program

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2019-11-08

Pros
The software has a lot of different features to offer.

Cons
Anything is easy to use but it's getting to the stage of knowing how and to feel comfortable with it.

Response from The Better Software Company

Hi Bruce!

Please feel free to chat into BPro Support if you need anything. We would be glad to wok you through any aspect you are not currently comfortable with.

Once again, thank you!

Blair Littlefield

Very cumbersome

Reviewed 2019-11-08

Pros
Calendar is easy to manage. Reports are also useful

Cons
Way to many clicks to create an invoice.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

jeremy vanburen

Easy Peasey

Reviewed 2017-09-12

Pros
Customer Support has been great maybe improvements to make easier to use when implementing,the areas to look up customer pricing,jobs

Cons
Improvements to make easier to use when implementing,the areas to look up under job section should be all in one area like name,address,bid,pricing,discounts

Dennis Brown

Overall I like the tool, however the revenue recording is not intuitive and requires too many steps.

Reviewed 2017-09-13

Tracking and managing customers.

Pros
The Contacts functionality is very helpful and useful. The software is user friendly, except for Revenue Reporting, which is user unfriendly.

Cons
Revenue sales reporting in complicated and complex. Class 101 does not have recurring orders, yet that is how we are being asked to record sales. There must be a better process to accomplish this activity.

Response from The Better Software Company

Hi Dennis!

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

We are glad you found our product user friendly. Our revenue reporting feature, alongside many others has been updated to further improve the experience with the product.

We would be delighted to have the opportunity to show it to you.

Once again, thank you.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Lori Christiansen

Construction/Project Management Software

Reviewed 2016-05-31

We have been using The Better Software for about 2 months now. It is not as intuitive as we had thought it would be, however The Better Software company has been excellent to work with and very open to implementing our suggestions. We will continue using this software, between the affordability and the customer service it is a win!

Anthony Jackson

Great support, fixed minor issues within 72 hours of notification.

Reviewed 2016-05-31

Pro=good support team, customer satisfaction, Cons=minor improvements in expense spreadsheet

Response from The Better Software Company

Hi Anthony!

Thanks for taking the time to write us this review.

We are glad you enjoyed our amazing customer support.

We will continue to release updates to the product to ensure an amazing all-round customer experience.

Once again, thank you!

Tommy Allen

Is close to being a 5-star software, just some bugs to fix and UI features to enchance.

Reviewed 2016-06-01

Mainly there are some process that take more clicks than they have to. Such as in the pipeline report, to modify the status, one must click on the edit order button, then the manage order area, then pipeline status, then the dropdown. That dropdown should be right there in the pipeline report so you can edit it without even leaving the report. The client management works well, but the calendar/dispatch doesn't work as intuitively as some other calendars out there (like Google Calendar, although that puts the bar high). Perhaps one more version and it will be even easier to view and modify events without changing pages and using dropdowns and such. But bugs are fixed and features are added bi-weekly and it is improving each time.

Joseph Montoya

Horrible

Reviewed 2016-02-26

Your asked to commit to 3 months subscription, which you pay all up front that same day. They take 2 months to build your dash board/company onto their software. Then they want to have several training session. By the time you use the software...your 3 months have passed, and you've received nothing for what you've paid. Software never works correctly. Log in issues, user option are extremely limited. It is a waste of time and money....and I only write this review, so no one else has to go through all the frustration I have gone through!! Their customer service is horrible!! They make promises they can't keep, offer options you'll never receive or be able to use. Avoid this company at all cost!!

Emiko Balazik

Much better than our old system

Reviewed 2016-05-31

We are pretty happy with the software but I don't completely trust it yet. We have had a lot of customers not receiving quotes or reservations through the email contracts. I had at least 2 customers not receive their emails last Friday. Is there anyway this can get checked periodically. I would hate to think we are losing customers because of this.