The Receptionist for iPad Reviews

Ashante M.

Anne B.

Super easy to setup and more cost-effective than the competitors. We tried Envoy and iVisitor and this is a better product.

David F.

Cons

Our staff is now immediately notified with a delivery is made or a client presents for a session. No more checking the lobby a dozen times.

Kendhal H.

Nicole V.

The only problems we've had, is when there is an apple update, the iPad is not compatible with the iPad Receptionist app. I have to continually delete and re-download the program and printer.

Angelina P.

Nice Visitor Tracking Application

Pros

This application is very light and can be installed easily. It is a very simple application using which we can track visitors and also check who is expected to visit on a particular day

Cons

There are no cons. This is a very small application and everything has be thought of

Hi Jimmy, Thanks so much for posting a review about The Receptionist for iPad! I am so happy to hear that the application is working for you and Chegg Inc! Please don't hesitate to reach out to me personally if there is anything I can do for you. Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

LISA The Receptionist

We do not have a permament receptionist at the factory. This job was givin to the customer service team who doen't have the time nor the joy to do it all the time... especially in a pendemic situation. The Receptionist software allowed us to automate the visitors and employees management experience. We no longer use the traditional paper log visible to everyone who visit the factory. We also increassed the security and health of our visitors and employees by using the touchless login.

Pros

We named our software LISA (Log In System Autonomous). What I like about this software is the simplicity to configure it to my specific needs despite it's limitations when it comes to foreign languages and multiple work shifts. Our factory is in the Fench province of Quebec CANADA. Once you figure out what it can and cannot do, you work around it and it does the job.

Cons

The foreign language option is limited.. meaning you have to personally sellect and translate all the text (painful). The other thing missing is the ablility for the visitor to phone call the person you want to meet with via The Receptionist... you need to use a third party application and if you aren't familiar with it yet... you will need the help of their customer support. That been said, when it works it is great and LISA The Receptionist comes to life.

Receptionist Visitor Management

Getting visitors with the correct individual in a timely manner. Always knowing who and when a visitor is on site.

Pros

Very easy to integrate thru the web based portal.

Cons

No complaints about the software. Very easy to use

Good and bad. Lacking features in specific areas.

Pros

Ease of use and implementation. Very intuitive, best by far of the competition. Great at making the sign in process smooth for guests. Everything works as it should.

Cons

Feature Set and Customization. Other solutions have better ability to tweak features and modify from a plain vanilla solution. Every aspect could do with a few additional features to make the solution the ultimate virtual receptionist. Suggestions include: Ability to backdate checkout of guests in portal. Ability to receive notification if guest does not checkout by end of day or preset time. Ability...

Hi Aidan, I really appreciate you taking the time to send us your thoughts and feedback. Apologies for the delay in responding. I just wanted you to know that I have logged your feature requests in our feature tracking system. Our product and engineering team takes feedback very seriously! Thanks for being a member of The Receptionist Family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Review of The Recptionist

Can't speak highly enough. Very user friendly especially to visitors who enter the building.

Pros

It was a great product before with the ease of setup and use, but with COVID-19 it is invaluable. We use it in case of contact tracing and with the ability to have no touch sign in/out it has helped reduce the fear of someone contracting COVID-19.

Cons

There is nothing we don't like about this product.

Always on Duty

Excellent product and support team!

Pros

Easy to use and served our needs perfectly!

Cons

No negatives detected. Device pretty much plug and play.

Hey Cynthia, thank you for writing this awesome review! I'm so happy to hear it's working well for you and that it was easy to get up and running! And I love hearing our support team has you taken care of! Michael Ashford Director of Marketing

Recommend For Any Business

Pros

Quality product, outstanding service, reliable, easy to use, fun to use, great first impression with visitors.

Cons

None.... have not seen any downside with this product

Hi Bernard! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I am so happy to hear that our system is meeting your expectations and leaving a good impression with your visitors. That's what we all want! Michael Ashford Director of Marketing

Awesome Program

Awesome experience.

Pros

I really like that I can see who is all here at my fingertips. I can run reports to see who was here and how often. It is really easy to use. The best thing about this software is the customer support. It is superior and love the personal touch and that you are actually talking to someone live. They have a quick response time as well. SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!

Cons

I really haven't found one yet. Maybe the only thing is that if maybe when they start typing their email address or name that it recognizes it immediately and they don't have to fill in the whole thing.

Overall, this as worked ok. The IDEA of it is amazing. It is just missing a few components to make it perfect. It has been very nice and opened up the line of communication and convenience with clients. In this line of work the ability to upload fillable documents and/or the ability to print out directly what they provide rather than having to convert information would be a huge help.

Pros

The convenience of it is exceptional for my clients. Especially those who have transportation conflicts. They can check in and report to me through the link which is very very nice for them and for me. I am in an office by myself so this has been very handy.

Cons

I am in the court system so we have to chrono and keep documents of everything. I wish there was a way to upload fillable documents my clients could fill out and than submit to me where I can print them out directly. Or give them an option to print directrly to my office. My computer does not convert over nicely and it is a hassle when I have so many clients checking in. I do not have the time to convert each report individually.

Easy to use and looks professional

Our clients are signing in with ease and we are being notified that they are in our lobby. It reduced the need to have a person "sitting" in the lobby.

Pros

The software is easy to set up and is very easy for our customers to use. The notification time is quickly and helps us to greet our clients quickly and without fuss

Cons

As of now, we are not finding anything we would change with the product.

Thank you so much for leaving such a wonderful review of our software, Melanie! I appreciate it, and I'm so happy to hear our system is helping you clear up some front office chaos! Michael Ashford Director of Marketing

An experience worth far more than the cost.

Automation, cost savings from using paper visitor logs, and ease of use!

Pros

There is not enough space to say all the Pros with the receptionist. The most astounding and remarkable feature of The Receptionist is the customer service and support. In the several months I've been using it, I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a problem solution. The problems are solved almost immediately, and if they can't be, we figure out an alternate solution to the problem at hand....

Cons

For an advanced user, some features feel a little bit limited, however they are quickly working on improving functionality of certain features to make it even more versatile! There aren't many cons I can come up with!

Hello Ian, All I can say is Wow! I can't tell you how happy, as the president of the company, to read your review. What a way to start off a Monday morning. :-) We are honored to have Autoneum as a member of The Receptionist Family. You obviously know where to reach us if you need anything and I am including my personal information so feel free to reach out anytime. Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Fantastic from start to finish!

Professionalism, Health & Safety compliance, value for money!!

Pros

The entire software really is superb, I cannot fault it. I have had many of our visitors remark on its simplicity. All in all, I have found my user and administrator experience excellent. That's from my first inquiry about the software, straight through to delivery, including iPad and printer! And the support, which for me is the strongest attribute, is absolutely outstanding. I have found the...

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about The Receptionist BUT if I had to choose one thing, the only con I can come up with (and it really is not a big deal) is that our logo doesn't print out in its full colour.

Hi Sinéad, Wow! Thank you so much for your very nice compliments. I have shared your review with our entire team. We are proud to count Control Equipment Limited as a new member of The Receptionist Family in the Republic of Ireland. :-) Let us know if there is anything more we can do for you and your team. Sincerely, ¿ Andy Alsop, President ¿andy@thereceptionist.com

We are using this in a school setting and it is very helpful in helping us to keep track of visitors

Security and peace of mind in knowing that we have a way to know who is on campus at all times.

Pros

Customer support is fantastic! Can't stress that enough. The ease of use and keeping track of our visitors is very helpful and works great. A lot of our visitors are impressed with the use of technology to keep track of things. The use of printable badges helps everyone to know who is on campus and why, great product on that end.

Cons

One of the main reasons we chose this product was for attendance tracking. There was very little follow up on whether this product was capable of handling this for us aside from the initial sales pitch where we were sold on the idea it could. After a few months there was no clear resolution made from The Receptionist side and it was determined from our side that it was not able to support this need. We were sold three accounts and only needed two, one for each of our locations. The transition to this product would have been better had these issues been addressed better to start.

Dear Kevin, First off let me apologize. I am sorry that your pre-sales experience with our partner was not up to our standards. I am actively looking into this and I promise to get back in touch with you. Setting that aside I am so glad that the software is working well for you and Port View and that you have experienced our Radical Support. Thank you for being a member of The Receptionist Family! Sincerely, ¿ Andy Alsop, President ¿andy@thereceptionist.com

Gets The Job Done

We wanted to do away with receptionists at our Corporate office, so we replaced that functionality with the iPad receptionist app. It's worked reliably for us, for the most part. The updates are highly manual, but that's usually not an issue. It took a few months for everyone in the office to get used to it, but here we are two years later still using it. Will probably replace this solution with a custom MS PowerApp at some point.

Pros

The portal interface can be mastered in a couple hours. There really isn't much investment needed to learn everything about the product and get your account up and running. Great customer service.

Cons

The actual options of this application are minimal. I've found myself on more than one occasion "hacking" together a solution based on the options available.

Hello Brian! Thanks for posting a review. I'm happy that it has been quick and easy to get up and running and that you've been able to experience our Radical Support. We really want to know more about your having to hack together some solutions. Our Dir of Engineering will be reaching out to you to learn more. Thanks for being a member of The Receptionist Family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Improved Visitor Process

Pros

This product has improved our visitor sign in process exponentially. It has also allowed us a much better way to track and manage our guests both single and large groups. This software is extremely easy to set up and manage. Whenever I have run into a problem with this software and had to work with their customer support it has always been a wonderful experience. Their support staff is amazing.

Cons

The only complaints that I have are in regards to the printer. There is only one brand of printer that can be used with this system and the quality of the tape roll that is used in not very good. It does not stick well to most fabrics to usually within a few mins the name tag is lost somewhere.

Hi Nicole, Thank you for the wonderful review. I am so happy to hear that our system has helped you in such a material way. I also love hearing your feedback about our support. We take it seriously, and our team will be happy to read your comments. I will pass along your feedback about the printer tape roll to our team as well. We tend to see this happening more with the 'off brand' labels that work with Brother and not Brother's branded labels, as well as old labels. Thanks again! Sincerely Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

TDK-Lambda Americas Inc.

Before choosing iPad Receptionist we tried 3 other major Visitor Management software systems. We downloaded their free trials (typically 30 day) and purchased some equipment (ipad & badge printer) to have real world experience with all of them. Out of all of them, iPad Receptionist was by far the easiest to set up for the administrator of the system. The visitor sign in/sign out and host notification processes are both intuitive and reliable.

Pros

None of the other systems tested came close to being competitive in regard to cost and customer service. Another feature we like is the system is regularly being updated with improvements and more options. The people that we have spoken with and emailed at the company give us a real feeling that they care about your needs as a customer.

Cons

The only issue we have had has been that our badge printer is networked and for some reason it occasionally goes to Wifi mode and badges will not print, but the system still notifies the host.

Hi Derek, Thank you so much for your very nice review! It was a pleasure meeting you last week at the TDK-Lambda facility. It's super impressive what you are doing and great to see so many high-end manufacturing jobs in the US! Let us know if there is anything we can do for you. Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@theipadreceptionist.com

Nice sign-in solution

It's slick, and it looks professional up front. Customers are kind of impressed, which is nice.

Pros

We use The Receptionist to allow visitors to sign in (and print visitor badges) on an iPad. It works really well, and notifies our users by SMS and email when they have a guest who has signed in.

Cons

Would really like to see it integrate with UPS, FedEx, and USPS tracking for package arrivals/notifications. This would make it much more useful to us. We're still doing packages on a paper log.

Hi Jeff! Thank you so much for leaving such a fantastic review of our system. I'm happy to hear that you and your customers enjoy the experience. Regarding delivery notifications, have you tried our Delivery Button option to send employees package delivery notifications? Chat with our support team on our website if you have questions. Best, Andy Alsop President & CEO

Very easy to use and navigate, excellent price, superb customer service!

Our staff is now immediately notified with a delivery is made or a client presents for a session. No more checking the lobby a dozen times! Our clients also like that the know the therapist has been notified since we do not have a traditional front desk staff.

Pros

I searched for a long time to find a check in system that would work for my office. I tried many systems and ultimately chose the receptionist because it is very easy to set up, allows for multiple offices on the same subscription, was affordable, and allowed for a customized and simple check in process. I also love that we can integrate it with Slack which we use.

Cons

I wish it worked on android devices because those are far less expensive than iPads. I also would like for the company to be willing to sign a BAA for HIPPA compliance. However, we were able to find a workaround to avoid asking for PHI from clients checking in.

Hi Kendhal, thanks for the amazing review! Your feedback is truly appreciated. I'm so glad to hear that you're having an excellent customer service experience with our team, and that you're finding so much value in all the features The Receptionist for iPad offers. Sounds like we've saved you and your staff some time now that they don't have to check the lobby constantly, which is wonderful to hear! Michael Ashford Director of Marketing

Reception Ease

Since we no longer have a Receptionist at our Front Desk, we urgently needed something to direct visitors as well as log their visit. The Receptionist for iPad looked like a "User" Friendly option and it has turned out to be a simple way to resolve our issue, without making it too complicated for the visitor.

Pros

Easy steps for setup of visitor checkin/checkout process, convenient retrieval and export of visitor logs. Also like that multiple locations can easily be setup by cloning an existing setup. Excellent customer service which always provides us with fast responses to questions.

Cons

Would like to see the software available for an android tablet as well. Would also like ability for more customizing of visitor buttons using some logic options. Since there is only room for 6 buttons maximum, would be nice if check-in process could be controlled by answers to question(s) that are presented to visitors, which in turn could follow a "what happens next" for that customer type.

Thank you for sharing your feedback! It is extremely valuable, and we take it seriously. Your requests for the product enhancements you mentioned are definitely things we've heard before, and we are exploring these items for future upgrades. Thanks for being an amazing customer! Michael Ashford Director of Marketing

Less issues compared to other vendors! Support is Grade A. Others have been closer to F.

Pros

Simple setup and configuration compared to other vendors in the similar industry. The web interface is simple enough to get use to.

Cons

Lacking features to compete with higher tier apps in the industry even though they don't execute them that well. Features such as a like an emergency list if a fire occurs with all the people in the building and maybe even procedures/ contact list. The api needs to be able to push data out to other SaaS systems/databases.

Hi Kristopher, I am glad that you have experienced our Radical Support and that we are stacking up well against the competition. Could you please send me your full list of feature requests? As part of our Radical Support we listen very closely to our customers regarding the improvements they think we could make to the software. Safety and evacuation are essential parts of The Receptionist...

Excellent product!

We've been using iPad Receptionist in multiple locations for a couple of years now. The ease of use is amazing. They have made some modifications over the years to allow for some personalization, which is good. We receive a lot of comments about how "cool it is" when our guests arrive.

Pros

Personalization, functionality, easy modifications

Cons

The pictures taken of the guests are always dark.

Hi Amanda, Thanks so much for posting a review of The Receptionist for iPad! I have asked Jessica from our support team to followup with you to help with setting the timeout on the chat screen. Thanks for being a member of The Receptionist family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Great Interactive Tool to Ensure No One Goes Unnoticed

Love it so far. When and if I open my store I will be buying this software and using it. Knowing who is coming, when they are coming, all of these factors need to be considered in the business person's schedule. I think this is a wonderful new software and very user friendly.

Pros

For the free version I've explored so far, it is a great tool!! I am in the process of checking out brick and mortar locations to open my own secondhand store. This software allows for people to check in via their cell phones with Receptionist for iPad and this software can be programmed to notify each person who would be expecting customers and or visitors. No more waiting at an empty desk while someone has to run to the back for a moment. Also a great perk is that this software is multi lingual !!

Cons

I have not yet paid for the "Official" software but from what I have seen from the free offering, this is a marvelous tool for anyone who has an office, and even for people who have a lot of people to be expected at family events!!

Diane, I am glad that your free trial has gone so well. I hope that you will open your store and implement our software to make things more efficient. Thank you for being a member of The Receptionist Family. Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Easy to use Receptionist

I have used the Receptionist for iPad for a year now. I very rarely run into any tech issues.. and when I do, they are usually very quick to reply and help me get back up and running. Everyone who checks in at our office thinks it's a really cool and "high tech" feature. We will continue to use the Receptionist for iPad for 2017!

Pros

Easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes it doesn't want to stay connected to wifi.

Hi Dara, Thanks very much for posting a review of The Receptioinst for iPad. Have you checked with our support team about the intermittent wifi issue? We find that installing a new wifi access point or placing one closer to the iPad solves the problem. Also, be sure to check with our team if you ever having printer issues. Sadly, the Brother printers require a lot of support but I have heard that a new model is coming out soon that will hopefully be less maintenance intensive. Thank you for being a year-long member of The Receptionist Family! Sincerely, Andy Alsop, President andy@thereceptionist.com

Best "remote" receptionist there is!

Its been fun and easy to use for both our clients and myself. We don't have a receptionist yet, because our office isn't set up that way. However, this is great to use because our clients can sort of help themselves until someone comes out to assist them.

Pros

I love that we can make this extremely customizable so that the clients feel like they're truly getting taken care of and not just another number. The check in process is super important because that's like a first impression, so I love how we can customize it to certain visitors.

Cons

Pricing is a bit off to me. I think we wish there was the ability to have a Basic package for employee contacts over 24. We have about 30 or so, but don't need everything that Premium offers. Premium is the next level up in order to include over 24 ppl.

Ashante, we're so grateful you took the time to leave us a review. We all want to make a great first impression, and it's wonderful to hear that we can help your team do so. Thank you so much for being a customer! -Kayla Hollenbaugh, Digital Campaigns Manager

Overall positive, it fits a need.

cost saving of a headcount, and easy to use to assure the right contact is reached for guest.

Pros

Easy to use. Fits the simple need. User friendly. Looks good in the lobby. Keeps everyone from calling me or my assistant.

Cons

The versatility is limited. I'd like to set refresh dates on videos and agreements, can't do that unless I remove and start everyone over. Would like to be a check out for lunch button, so we're not having to waist a second badge for guest/visitors. Be nice to get a text once a contractor leaves, just as a way to know for sure. Again just a few things that could be added to help the end user.

Hi Chris, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review about The Receptionist for iPad. I am glad the software is mostly satisfying your needs. I really appreciate your taking the time to let me know about the enhancements you'd like to see us make to the software. We take feature requests very seriously. I have entered a feature request for things you've noted. Look out for upcoming feature releases! Sincerely,  Andy Alsop, President  andy@thereceptionist.com