All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Airtable Reviews

Pros

Airtable notifications from mentions which are sent to both airtable and emails help you keep track of your activity and tasks. Its user friendly with a good interface and easy to learn.

Read the full review
Obviously, the features are 10 times better on airtable. The different kind of views that I can have is also brilliant, the calendar view, kanban view and my favorite.

Udayan W.

Read the full review
I literally try to replace as many tools as I can with Airtable because it is so flexible. Using it as the core for client and customer reports is fun and feels like a stable solution.

Brent R.

Read the full review

Cons

We had problems with the mobile app not working at times. This was frustrating for our teams in the field, especially since this was a big selling point for us.

Lori G.

Read the full review
The input fields to gantt view can be confusing at times. Also, filtering by projects due is also confusing if all team members do not synchronize their way of project management.

Claudia Y.

Read the full review
I also very much dislike the amount of e-mails my colleagues and I receive from AirTable, a lot of which are requesting that we upgrade (and pay for) their software.

Dane J.

1,119 reviews

Airtable is saving my business a ton of money each month!!

When you outgrow spreadsheets

Great Amalgamation of a Spreadsheet & Database

I have used AirTable in several areas of my life, but the best example is with a high school program I volunteer with. We have 150 students with 15 advisors, with over 100 data points, in 20 locations. Prior to AirTable, keeping track of everything was a nightmare. Something as simple as trying to contact a student involved either all advisors adding all 150 students into their phone contact list (and...

Pros

The fact that basically all database applications I tried were basically meant for enterprise-level businesses, and generally required a steep learning curve to even set up. I only needed basic database functionality, and to be able to easily edit single or groups of entries. AirTable solved this perfectly. Also, the team over there seem to be constantly adding on new functionality, which I see and realize that could solve problems I did not even realize I had. The best part is just how easy it is to use. I have some people on my team that are far from tech-savvy, and with a quick overview, they were even able to utilize it.

Cons

Their forms have a bit to be desired, but that is mostly just the appearance when I send them out. Also when sorting and filtering, it requires 3 or so clicks, when I think they could make it one.

Our Content Calendar!

Amazing, I use it everyday. It’s been so helpful!!

Pros

Flexibility! I love being able to have a calendar, kanban, timeline, visual gallery all in one. We use this for all our content planning and management. We tried so many solutions and this is what finally worked for us.

Cons

It has many features but at times it’s hard to know the best way to build things out, none of the templates for workbases were close enough to build off from. Wish it was easier to link information within different tabs in bases.

Completely indispensable for us!

Despite it's cost and some features we'd still like to see, Airtable is an absolute no-brainer for us. We can track our constituents and their engagement so much more easily than with Excel or a random CRM that doesn't really match our needs. I also have moved most of my content planning, resource banking, quote caching, and attendance taking to Airtable. It's honestly SO multifunctional!

Pros

First: It's a database that is actually aesthetically attractive. AND it's easier to use and manipulate than Excel. AND you can custom build what you need, rather than finagling a pre-built CRM for your specific needs. Also all of the different visual ways of looking at the data/records are key.

Cons

There are some features that are still lacking. Like the ability to read what's in a cell and do something with that information. It's also quite expensive, especially for a non-profit like us.

Airtable is one to watch in the future

Airtable has very specific uses that would be hard to replicate anywhere else with another piece of software. It has many flaws and drawbacks, but once you accept them (and find ways to circumvent them) it can be quite a handy and interesting piece of software.

Pros

When I first started to use Airtable, I came away deeply frustrated with it's usability. It's sometimes slow, straightly obtuse to use and has many "pending features" that would be extremely helpful for some of the simplest of tasks. However, there came a time when I had to organise a league table for a tournament over the internet, and all of sudden, Airtable clicked. What Airtable is good at...

Cons

Don't think this is Excel in a different disguise, it's not, it's not as adaptable and not as powerful as Excel. You couldn't use it to track a project or manage a holiday system or anything like that, but creating a full customer list for a newsletter? Yep, easy, that's the kind of thing it DOES do really well. It could use a few more features on the free tier of the software (the paid tier unlocks...

Airtable enables to keep track of the entire project management process

Airtable is my favourite project management platform that provide extensive features about project management and covers all our needs during development process.

Pros

Airtable connects our team to each other during the project development process and makes it possible to work in syncronization. Project manager can define the roles and the permission of each particular team member in a very flexible way.

Cons

Customer support is late to respond to the cases that we have created in support center and pricing plans are not flexible, 4 static pricing plans are not sufficient for this kind of a feature rich platform. User should be able to select the limits in a more flexible way.

Once You Start Using Airtable, You'll never use Excel Again!

My experience has been amazing. I don't see myself ever switching to another type of software again and I for sure am going to upgrade it to use it even more.

Pros

Where to even begin! I love how it's the 21st century excel spreadsheet. I can collaborate and keep track of clients and projects all under one document. I also, love how it live updates and the amount of features that airtable could give my company keeps growing. Because it's such a broad type of software I can customize it to exactly my needs and exactly my preferences.

Cons

There are some limitations with the advanced features, but that is understandable because the free version (which I use) is already so powerful that I can't believe they are offering it for free.

All in one platform

Airtable let us to be more organized in collaborating for a project and tracking or finding any error that we are missing while completing a project. Every project is implement with work time frame, so it will be completed before the due date and not missing the project hand over time.

Pros

We have integrate Airtable in all of our work field in the company, and not much learning curves needed to get all the the user fully familiar and get used to the software. Storing document and resources and marking it for which project or user are using it. Limiting access or giving user credential for certain user making the project organization more effective.

Cons

There are too many feature that we are not using and implementing to our system, but still need to pay for it as it is a part of the subscribing plan. A customized plan with a feature that we can select with a lower yearly plan would attract many user to switch to this software. Overall, it is still one of the best project management in the market.

My Fav project management tool

Saved me hours worth of searching, re-organizing, finding 3 different places/ways to save things to attack and run a project efficiently. I've even gotten our "most veteran"/least tech saavy person up to speed & she learned it in moment vs. her continuing to struggle with excel.

Pros

Pretty painless learning curve for the free version options. I call it a spreadsheet on steroids as it has similar capabilities but the "one click" different views with different sorting/filtering/grouping saves so much time & allows for folks to view their pieces of the project, or the entire project, however works best for their work/learning style.

Cons

I don't have any cons. If you want more functionality, you can pay for the upgraded version, so you have options if the free version isn't enough for your needs.

Zero-code backend for my apps

I heard about this service 2.5 years ago, but I tried it myself only last year. The tool is very simple and at the same time very powerful. It can be used for so many different purposes. My colleagues use it as a project manager. I use it as a data store with handlers for my applications.

Pros

Fast and flexible customization of data objects. The ability to use both through the API, and directly by users through forms. A million integrations. And, most importantly, it is a nocode tool, which has a very low entry threshold.

Cons

To do really complex things, you need to apply something else or be very perverted here with the presentation of data and their manipulations.

Review of Airtable

Excellent experience. I have technical background, but this is a well designed app. Integration with other apps is fantastic.

Pros

Accessible from anywhere, easy to use, inexpensive, full featured, great integration with other apps and services.

Cons

iOS version in iPad lacking full functionality, inability to copy / paste records, even though web version supports this.

Possibilities are endless

As a small business owner I am able to scale with team members and house all of my projects, clients, and tasks in one place. And if I have any questions the support team is only an email away; they are so responsive and helpful!!

Pros

I really love Airtable because it's highly customizable and doesn't have a complex interface like many other project management and crm software. It's very easy to get up and running with your team in a matter of days. There isn't a steep learning curve for majority of users.

Cons

I wish there was a better way to control notifications and filter them.

A Near-Perfect Collaboration Tool, No Wobble to This Table

Task and project management with a large team of executives, editors, coordinators and supervisors in an 95% Work-From-Home environment.

Pros

The visual element of this software really sets itself apart from others. This was an easy transition coming from an entertainment background where most everything was done on note cards. Here's a brief list of the good: - There are multiple views catering to organizational preferences of whichever user is utilizing the software. - Alerts are set up easily and can be automated to limit the amount...

Cons

Permissions could be a little cleaner when working in a dual authentication paradigm. The learning curve is pretty steep, rightly so, in that this is a very versatile software with lots of bells and whistles and it would behoove the user to watch some of the Airtable produced learning content.

Love the loads of options! Hate the exposure of our content!

Our experience has been great outside the frustration of the exposure of the public view URL. We wouldn't be able to offer this portion of our services to our customers without a much more expensive custom solution. It was pretty intuitive to work with even some of the more advanced aspects of database creation. And the airtable community even gave us some really solid walkthroughs on some much more advanced integration with google drive through the use of integromat. I was pretty impressed with what we could achieve. The support team responded quite kindly from the request to find some code changes that might allow us to remove the external link from the embed views, but they have not actually addressed the issue with a solution.

Pros

We came to airtable because we were looking for a solution to index the massive amounts of files in our google drive and make them SEARCHABLE by many different criteria. (We were frustrated that google drive, dropbox, etc did not use real TAGS - and even what they did offer was not searchable by our clients who are not logged in) Airtable blows everything I've found out of the water in terms of types of fields (from URLs to emails to multi-select text options, etc) linked records, dates, etc. And they are all wonderfully searchable and sortable. We also love the ability to link records, create forms, etc. In short- airtable gave us the ONLY solution we could find that also was at a price that was VERY reasonable.

Cons

The embeddable PUBLIC view has a major problem for us (and MANY others if you read the forums) We CAME to airtable for this function of being able to give our customers an embedded view (in our website) of our tables. And I'm thrilled that it WORKS WELL. I'd love to give them a bit prettier options to sort and filter. (The functions work GREAT but non-savvy clients might take a while to figure it...

Professional Services Company use Airtable for "Smarketing" (Smart Marketing)

Our Marketing Team decided to move our overall planning from Excel to Airtable in early 2020. Our main issue with Excel was that it made collaboration difficult and clumsy. We wanted a solution that provided an easy way for our team to plan both our Marketing Calendar as a whole and individual events. Airtable has streamlined both. For our overall Marketing Calendar, Airtable has provided a solution...

Pros

Airtable has made our Marketing planning efforts smarter. We love how easy it is to collaborate using this software. Each member of our team is able to easily add, update and expand on events and content they are working and everyone has a view of the team's goals as a whole. We also love now expanding and linking records gives us the ability to dive deeper into any one event / piece of content and learn more about the status. Finally, we love how easy it is to report on our activities from a bird's eye view or on a deeper level by exporting any of our tables and sharing with our executive team.

Cons

The only con of this software is that we had a bit of learning curve when we got started. We had a few customizations on our old Excel model that we lacked, but we've since been able to get all our functionality back and more. We also struggled a bit with linking records and getting our tables to sort in a way that made the most since for us. Again, we've since solved all these issues and don't miss our old Excel model at all!

LOVE Airtable! Use it for all my businesses

Amazing! Even their customer service is top notch.

Pros

I LOVE Airtable! I use it for all of my businesses (4) and it has become a vital piece of software for running each business. 1. I love how you can build entire databases that are easy to use and navigate. I don't have to teach my teach some complicated software, they get it right away. 2. Its so easy to use and create complicated tables quickly. 3. It works perfectly over every device.

Cons

1. I do wish the form feature worked on mobile 2. I wish the bases could talk to each other

Forget Excel and use AirTable instead!

Airtable is a game changer! Since we can create views on the fly, especially ones that link to our calendars, we're able to track projects really easily, and communicate changes across our entire team. We even started using it to tracking employee training hours, and it's saved us countless hours per week.

Pros

Airtable combines really advanced features with and easy to use interface, allowing some members of the team to set up a base, and allow others to maintain/update it. This has allowed us to store complex data, but make it accessible in different views, depending on the business need.

Cons

Airtable could be improved with some better formula functions. For example, if you wanted to calculate formulas based on some type of filter, such as an aggregate function, it is very difficult or impossible to do. We usually have to extract the data through their API and then process it for more complex needs.

Main tool

When I found airtable I was struggling to organize all the different projects in my world and business. It was a nightmare that lasted years. Evernote held precious banking information, google had docs, diigo held bookmarks and page notes, and I was using mind map software for planning. When I had to add inventory management to my daily routines, I knew I needed a dedicated database structure and tried several on the market. After making my rounds through many, I choose Notion for its price. A few months later I realized how much more efficient airtable was for my needs and took the plunge. The upgrade was worth it. I am more productive now and getting more data organized than every before with 10 other tools. Thank you airtable.

Pros

Easy start. Speedy app. Flexible uses. Customizable. Scalable. Ramp it up to any size/ use. Drag and drop fields, input, and images from other sources. Constantly evolving. Strong learning resources available.

Cons

Pricing options. If you need just one block the only option is $20 a month. There needs to a one or two block option available at the first tier $10 a month. But now that I have to say now that I have all those blocks, I am finding new ways to use them.

Google Sheets/Excel on steriods

Overall experience with Airtable has been amazing, I think it's a brilliant product for cross team collaboration and I love the flexibility you get.

Pros

While there are a lot of things that are great about airtable, these are the ones I love the most: 1. Flexibility to do everything from project management, sprint management, and GTMs. 2. Ease of use: This is like using excel sheets so creating a new task project is basically hit enter and start typing. Obviously, the features are 10 times better on airtable. 3. The different kind of views that I can have is also brilliant, the calendar view, kanban view and my favorite.

Cons

I think the only place this tool lacks is in just pure documentation. While you can write long form content here, it doesn't feel natural or intuitive. I really wish they improve the long form text field with rich content formatting and more. One more thing which is a pain is the mobile app. Feels like an MVP but the viable is so low. I can't even add comments via the app. Quite sad.

Our Team Went From Zero Organization to Project Pipeline Wizards

By using Airtable we are able to communicate with our clients better using the "Calendar" base. We are able to show our clients what we are doing for them the entire month. Being transparent with them and having this very cool interactive Calendar that shows our reports and ad creative really puts us at a whole new level in their eyes.

Pros

This software is super easy to use and has so many different options for "viewing" which allows something for everybody. There are so many different connections as well and the Block features allow our team to be very efficient with our client projects.

Cons

There is no way to reach out to somebody on customer support. I wish there was a chat option for customer support. There really isn't any training that comes alot with it. There are some videos but if there was a way to setup a webinar with an account manager there to help us learn more ways we could be using it, that would be ideal.

Only limited by your time and creativity

We have about 10 different business processes that we track in Airtable. It's amazing how flexible it is, and the overall experience has been extremely smooth. It's especially easy to get new users up to speed quickly because of how intuitive the Airtable is, which is an especially difficult feat given how extensively you can customize everything. They have a great online help and video training as well.

Pros

Airtable brings actual structure to our working environment. We use for a team of 15 to track tasks, projects, and even for lightweight documentation of work done or where stuff is. I really like the flexibility and the ability to create just about anything with it and still make the finished product look nice. The UI is what people first comment on when I invite them to our shared set of bases--either "it looks great" or "this is easy" or something like that. I especially love the integration with Zapier so that if you need to go outside an Airtable base, you probably won't have to do manual entry--it can sync with your other app.

Cons

With the free version, you will hit the record limit will pretty easily. I wish they had a lower-priced plan that was above the free version, but below their much more expensive tiers. A second huge miss is that there was really no way to do rich text. That severely limits the usefulness for using Airtable as any kind of repository for content or anything like that. Basically you convert everything to HTML markup and store it as plain text in Airtable, but like I said they have promised to fix this . . .

So close to perfect!

Overall I appreciate and enjoy my use of Airtable. I really like its capabilities for tracking projects and tasks. If it was FERPA compliant it would be my one-stop shop for project management at work!

Pros

Airtable is fantastic for project management, especially if you need to share your work with others. I recently used Airtable for a week-long event at my workplace with many moving parts - several events per day, many catering contracts, many chaffeurs and cars to keep track of, etc. I love that Airtable gives you the option to categorize entries and sort by category. Using Airtable helped me keep...

Cons

Airtable does have a bit of a learning curve that took me a while to navigate. I did not find their introductory templates or videos as helpful as I would have liked, so it took me longer than anticipated to get used to the software and really start using it on a daily basis. Lastly, I really wish Airtable was FERPA compliant. I work in higher education and so I cannot manage ALL my projects and tasks in Airtable, just the ones that don't involve student data. This splitting of softwares depending on which project I'm working on is kind of a pain and interrupts my work flow.

AirTable is an Advanced Form of Excel

My work team uses airtable as opposed to Excel or Google Sheets to keep shared records, and this has been very helpful to us especially in keeping lots of complex information in one place that we can easily sort through. Because it has more features than a traditional excel sheet, like attaching documents or pictures, it is an easier way to keep track of documents than a traditional Cloud Storage system like Dropbox or Google Drive. It also gives us lots of special "blocks" that we can use (but are still exploring) so we can continue to improve our workflow and data spread.

Pros

I love that this works as an Excel document, but you can also do so much more with it - attach documents, check boxes, drop down options, and so many more things. It has great integrations with other platforms, and is easy to set up for various different functions that Excel could never offer. I also love the extra blocks you can use that give you more options for functions, such as creating pivot tables, sending texts, keeping an organizational chart, and even setting a countdown! It makes me want to explore more ways I can use this to help make our workflow better within my work team.

Cons

It does take a little getting used to at first if you are used to excel. It's not quite a replacement for Excel if you are trying to make a traditional sheet with borders, and it also isn't as easy to highlight select cells and copy/paste them in other places like in an Excel sheet. It also doesn't really support traditional Microsoft formatting which is kind of annoying when you try to copy information in. But seeing as how this is a better system for containing information, its pros outweigh the cons and you can easily use Excel and Airtable at the same time to support your various needs.

Why I use Airtable to store my data

I run a site called Wikihospitals, and display international health technology services. This data all needs to be linked together, so I can see information like country of origin, founder's details, technology used and medical specialty covered. Airtable was a great discovery for me. I can shared my data easily, embedded it into my website and am now transforming it into a fully fledged directory site.

Pros

Before Airtable, pre formatted databases were costly platforms to subscribe to, and extremely difficult to create from scratch (for the non coder). Airtable is just dead easy to use. It looks like a spreadsheet but behaves like a database. You can import or export data as a CSV file. You can share a link or embed a view into you website using iframe code. It is also lightning fast. You can link any number of different 'sheets' together. You can selecting different types of 'fields' ie numerical, date, multiple select, calculations, upload document etc. You can also display your data in a range of 'views' from maps to calendars to gallery views of pie and bar charts.

Cons

When using the embed code option, it doesn't show that well on a mobile device. Apart from that, it's really the perfect software for people with a large amount of data and no code skills.

Game changer

Our team uses Airtable as a centralized location to track our project progress. We've even hacked it as a CRM on occasion, and used it for event planning, reporting--anything that requires you to organize lots of information in a standardized way. The resistance to using yet another platform was strong at first, but once we got into it, everyone has become an Airtable advocate.

Pros

When a co-worker recommended Airtable, I was predictably skeptical. Who needs yet another spreadsheet software I said, with an internal (ok, maybe external) eye roll. But this is no mere spreadsheet platform. It is the only one you will ever need. Ever. Again. The functionality that make it worth it to switch from Excel or Google Sheets might seem insignificant when you look at them on a features list....

Cons

There are very few cons to Airtable. It's simple to use, and the potential is limitless. Once you start putting bases together, you just don't want to stop! One thing that is slightly non-intuitive is the relationship (or lack thereof) between different "tabs" of data. Read up on those before you go that route. You can also start getting out of hand pretty quickly with creating lots of different views, but nothing a little intentionality can't address. We trained our entire team on using Airtable for project management, and it's been the best decision we ever made.

Early User and a Returning Addict

Overall I am a super fan of Airtable - first discovered, fell in love, and told everyone I knew about Airtable 3-4 years ago, IIRC when they first appear on Product Hunt. Build a whole bunch of bases to manage my person life (book list, financial trackers, a large inter-linked base to track 3D printing activities for a local maker space etc.). Stopped using it for awhile because I was focusing on my...

Pros

Ease of use, basically a database without the complexity of being one. No more managing of tabulated data via spreadsheet or simple table in word processing software. I also like the fact that I can do data entry in expanded and table views (I have a base called “Ideas”, where each column correspond to an area of interest in idea generation, e.g. Problem, Market, Competition, Elevator Pitch etc. -...

Cons

Insufficient control (can be easy to make mistake such as accidental typing etc.), lack of data validation (upon data entry), and interface could use more customization (e.g. lots of empty/white spaces in Card views, can’t have multiple lines in field header etc.).

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.