Airtable Logo

2K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.72/10

Reviews by rating

There are premade templates that are great, and provides awesome insight on how powerful the software really is. I frequently use their social media calendar, and the project list.
I like to see a whole month's worth of content at one time. It is also super helpful that one team member can upload content and another can download from a different location.
I love the low price-point and the amazing customer service they have, by far one f the most powerful low-cost database/spreadsheet tool out there.
What I dislike most about this software is that I cannot type extended sentences in one box. Whenever I try to paste a long sentence or paragraph the words go into the rows beneath.
Some features around forms are notably missing and it is hard to integrate work-arounds.
It was a mess trying to get it set up. Initially it was set up with separate paid spaces and then trying to get everything onto an enterprise plan was a huge headache.

2,001 reviews

Onome D.

Artist-Facilitator

Education Management, self-employed

Airtable Review: Bit of a Learning Curve, but Worth It!

Transcript

Onome D.: Hello, my name is Onome. I am an artist and facilitator. I am a solopreneur and I give Airtable...

TM

Ty M.

Owner

Music, 1-10 employees

Airtable is saving my business a ton of money each month!!

Transcript

Ty: My name's Ty. I'm owner and operator of a music education facility and I give Airtable a five out...

Steve M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Only limited by your time and creativity

We have about 10 different business processes that we track in Airtable. It's amazing how flexible it is, and the overall experience has been extremely smooth. It's especially easy to get new users up to speed quickly because of how intuitive the Airtable is, which is an especially difficult feat given how extensively you can customize everything. They have a great online help and video training as well.

Pros

Airtable brings actual structure to our working environment. We use for a team of 15 to track tasks, projects, and even for lightweight documentation of work done or where stuff is. I really like the flexibility and the ability to create just about anything with it and still make the finished product look nice. The UI is what people first comment on when I invite them to our shared set of bases--either "it looks great" or "this is easy" or something like that. I especially love the integration with Zapier so that if you need to go outside an Airtable base, you probably won't have to do manual entry--it can sync with your other app.

Cons

With the free version, you will hit the record limit will pretty easily. I wish they had a lower-priced plan that was above the free version, but below their much more expensive tiers. A second huge miss is that there was really no way to do rich text. That severely limits the usefulness for using Airtable as any kind of repository for content or anything like that. Basically you convert everything to HTML markup and store it as plain text in Airtable, but like I said they have promised to fix this . . .

Maddie B.

Computer Games, 1,001-5,000 employees

Airtable is our data management system

Using connections, we connect records in Airtable to other services like Eventbrite, Asana, MailChimp, and more. Workflows are then finished with the help of automation. While it's possible to find a template that fits your needs, it's well worth your time to learn how to create your own.

Pros

Airtable is a simple, collaborative database app. As long as the engineering team isn't too huge, working together on a bill of materials (BOM) is straightforward. One of my favorite features is the ability to create filtered views that are unique to each user.

Cons

When a company's workforce size increases, Airtable's price tag skyrockets. The options for exporting are restricted. Airtable is not the place to store documents. Airtable does not support complicated equations. The user interface isn't always the most obvious.

AM

Aaron M.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Sleek look, customizable and much better than excel/sheets

Pros

It is easier than any other database I have used. Customizable, user-friendly and looks so much more crisp than excel or google sheets.

Cons

I use it daily for our CRM and email tracking. I have ZERO negatives at this point.

JM

Jenn M.

Food Production, self-employed

Airtable leaves potential on the table

Pros

Airtable presented a lot of diverse data in a concise, easy-to-understand way. Airtable safely contained project details shared among many participants, and was a central resource for completing and tracking our work.

Cons

When there is a large data set, X and Y axis headers are condensed in a totally unusable way. Even if the window is expanded, the data labels are completely illegible. Is there a way to remedy this? Probably, but who has the time to find it within Airtable's bloated universe. Excel and Google Sheets are probably sufficient for average users, but Airtable is the trendy new guy in town.

Tichaona Redemptor R.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Airtable is a flexible and powerful tool for milestone

. I appreciate that Airtable allows me to integrate with other tools and apps, such as Zapier, Google Analytics, Slack, and more, to automate my workflow and sync my data. I also like that Airtable enables me to share and collaborate on my projects with my team, stakeholders, and clients. Airtable is a tool that adapts to my workflow, not the other way around.

Pros

I like many things about Airtable, but if I had to choose one, I would say I like its flexibility. Airtable allows you to create and customize your own bases, tables, fields, views, and layouts to suit your specific needs and preferences.

Cons

Scalability: Airtable has some limits on the number of records, fields, views, and attachments per base, which can affect the performance and functionality of large and complex projects.

MC

Marco C.

Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Airtable: An Inexpensive Solution for Project Management

Pros

Airtable is an affordable project management solution that has been working well for us. I like the impressive features of Airtable. Airtable works so well for us.

Cons

I have zero dislikes for Airtable. Airtable has effective features.

GS

Gikge S.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Customizable project and task management tool

Pros

I love the advanced tools like the drag and drop features that enable easy customization and working on various projects and many teams enhancing collaboration.

Cons

The only downside is that the onboarding curve might take time.

AD

Aomukaga D.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

Airtable: Event planning and project management

Pros

I love the flexibility that comes with the tool which makes it possible to manage various projects.

Cons

The tool is effective and i have not seen any challanges.

OA

Osmond A.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

The powerhouse for organizing and elevating your projects

Pros

I like the variety of visualisation tools and project views at your disposal in this tool which simplify data analytics.

Cons

It is not the ideal tool for complex projects since it has limited automation capabilities.

TB

Ted B.

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Couldn't operate the business without this!

Entire business runs on airtable and it's integrations

Pros

Super intuitive Easy to use Integrates well with other software Lots of customization potential Workflow

Cons

Pricey More automation functionality with native app

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

So close to perfect!

Overall I appreciate and enjoy my use of Airtable. I really like its capabilities for tracking projects and tasks. If it was FERPA compliant it would be my one-stop shop for project management at work!

Pros

Airtable is fantastic for project management, especially if you need to share your work with others. I recently used Airtable for a week-long event at my workplace with many moving parts - several events per day, many catering contracts, many chaffeurs and cars to keep track of, etc. I love that Airtable gives you the option to categorize entries and sort by category. Using Airtable helped me keep...

Cons

Airtable does have a bit of a learning curve that took me a while to navigate. I did not find their introductory templates or videos as helpful as I would have liked, so it took me longer than anticipated to get used to the software and really start using it on a daily basis. Lastly, I really wish Airtable was FERPA compliant. I work in higher education and so I cannot manage ALL my projects and tasks in Airtable, just the ones that don't involve student data. This splitting of softwares depending on which project I'm working on is kind of a pain and interrupts my work flow.

Shawn J.

Photography, 1-10 employees

Great Amalgamation of a Spreadsheet & Database

I have used AirTable in several areas of my life, but the best example is with a high school program I volunteer with. We have 150 students with 15 advisors, with over 100 data points, in 20 locations. Prior to AirTable, keeping track of everything was a nightmare. Something as simple as trying to contact a student involved either all advisors adding all 150 students into their phone contact list (and...

Pros

The fact that basically all database applications I tried were basically meant for enterprise-level businesses, and generally required a steep learning curve to even set up. I only needed basic database functionality, and to be able to easily edit single or groups of entries. AirTable solved this perfectly. Also, the team over there seem to be constantly adding on new functionality, which I see and realize that could solve problems I did not even realize I had. The best part is just how easy it is to use. I have some people on my team that are far from tech-savvy, and with a quick overview, they were even able to utilize it.

Cons

Their forms have a bit to be desired, but that is mostly just the appearance when I send them out. Also when sorting and filtering, it requires 3 or so clicks, when I think they could make it one.

Denise W.

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Airtable is a great collaborative project manager

My team and I like Airtable because it helps us keep track of all of our clients in one central location. My initial impression was that it wouldn't really make a difference in our regular operations, but now I see how wrong I was. With Airtable, users are able to work with many data types in a grid-based environment. It also facilitates the development of cloud-based apps that are easily integrated with other infrastructure.

Pros

One of my favorite features is the ability to personalize each of my boards. Not only that, but I have the ability to work closely with my team by syncing and discussing our respective projects and making use of our shared notes. It's incredible how many wonderful things there are in the Universe. Airtable helps me plan out my monthly social media posts in advance. I'm able to keep on top of things and make timely social media posts because I plan ahead. My knowledge and experience have taught me to be more methodical and cooperative in my job.

Cons

Every once in a while, things aren't as user-friendly as they could be. Sometimes I'll make my own template, but first I'll look at tens of others to get ideas. Be patient with the procedure; it will take some time to complete. Once set up, the interface is typically straightforward.

LW

Laurène W.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Airtable is very powerful for building internal tool or back-offices, UX could be more user-friendly

We use Airtable in several ways: - Internal ticketing system + reporting (works great) - Custom apps for our customers, synced with our own software (back-office logic is great, end-user UX is not, we should have used a third-party app builder to make it more user-friendly) - CRM extension (good for one-off analytics) - Database for some automations using Make.com (having structured data really helps) We are overall satisfied, we manage to do everything we want and integrate Airtable with our other software. We hope that Airtable Interfaces will get better, along with some improvements in formulas.

Pros

Airtable is very powerful. It makes database logic accessible to non-developer profiles. Being able to view your data in so many different ways is great. Usecases are endless.

Cons

I was disappointed by the inability to create easy-to-use apps for the final user. You can either share the entire database with them - which can be overwhelming - or cherry-pick views you want to share with them - which is impractical, especially because those views aren't editable. This makes Airtable great to build internal tools for tech-savvy teams, but in order to make it usable by other people you'll have to use a third-party app builder (Airtable will then be used as the database / back-office of your app). In addition to that, I sometimes get frustrated with some formulas, especially "datetime" formulas and recursive logic. These can become overly complicated in Airtable.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Airtable is my new bestie. (Nonprofit)

The interface is beautiful, user friendly, and with the incredible variety of field types, powerful views and filters, you can accomplish almost anything in here. I used Sharepoint Lists and Microsoft Flow at a previous organization, and this is a million times better. What a beautiful piece of tech!

Pros

This software is incredibly powerful, and once you get the hang of it, pretty simple to use. We are so grateful for the nonprofit discount, which makes it affordable for our organization. We're using it to manage grant applications and awards in tandem with other software such as Typeform, Gmail, Google Drive, and Slack. It has many powerful built in automation capabilities, and works very well with Zapier for even more power.

Cons

Airtable can take some effort and training to learn and master, in order to use it to it's maximum capacity.

Yelle B.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Neat AF Content Management for SMM

Overall I am so glad we chose to set up on this platform! It keeps all our posts so neat in one spot.

Pros

I think Airtable is the best tool out there for a team to prepare social media content. We took inspiration from other Social Media Manager's setups and adapted them to our needs. I love the way we set up each column as text, links, uploads, etc. so that we could repeat our flow every month. I really love how the comments work, especially on the videos where I can click and drag to leave a comment on an exact timestamp and section of that frame. Lastly, I appreciate that Airtable has a mobile and desktop app so that I can see the little red number notification that signals that I have to respond to something.

Cons

I wish we got notified by email for leaving a comment even if it didn't @ mention our teammate. Also, I wish a Google Doc-type form could live with a project.

Kelly B.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Excellent application integration and fast database creation

Using Airtable, we are able to consolidate data for teams working in different locations, ensuring that everyone always has access to the most up-to-date information. I can organize and analyze seemingly impossible data on a spreadsheet with the help of Airtable, and I can even perform some really deep reasoning without knowing how to code.

Pros

I appreciate the adaptability. With the help of drop-down menus, department-specific colors, and the ability to sort data by any number of criteria, I can easily organize my data into useful chunks. Though I'm only just getting started with Airtable, I'm enjoying my time with it and am looking forward to learning all there is to know about it.

Cons

It can be cumbersome to keep track of which users have access to certain databases and tables, therefore you may prefer to use a different platform when communicating with stakeholders.

Shayla B.

Internet, 1,001-5,000 employees

Great project management and efficiency with Airtable

The seamless integration of databases and project management features has not only streamlined my workflows but has also sparked creativity in how I organize and visualize information. The platform's adaptability makes it equally valuable for personal projects, team collaboration, or complex data management tasks.

Pros

The best feature of Airtable, in my opinion, is its unparalleled flexibility in organizing and visualizing data. The combination of a spreadsheet-style interface with the power of a relational database opens up a world of possibilities. The ability to create custom views, link records, and collaborate in real-time makes it a dynamic tool for projects of any scale.

Cons

The pricing structure, especially as the team size grows, can become a consideration. More transparent pricing tiers or additional features in the lower tiers could enhance accessibility for smaller teams or individual users.

Ibrahim L.

Automotive, 1-10 employees

Best Database for a Non-Coder

I love Airtable because I am able to build simple but useful custom programs and databases while knowing basically zero code. Although there are really key features that stop Airtable just short of perfect, it is still leagues better than a normal spreadsheet for sure.

Pros

Airtable has the power and functionality of a database but is as easy to use as a spreadsheet! As someone who sells software (saas), Airtable allowed me to essentially create programs for my clients even though I do not code. Airtable sets the new gold standard for what a spreadsheet should be able to do. i cannot go back to a normal spreadsheet now.

Cons

There are a few critical features you'll run into that stop this software from being perfect unfortunately. It's a shame too because they seem very obviously needed and demanded; things like having storage space increase option past premium plan limit, writing formula across cells from multiple tables instead of just the same table, etc. I have hope these things will be part of the development roadmap soon though.

Patricia S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Game changer

Our team uses Airtable as a centralized location to track our project progress. We've even hacked it as a CRM on occasion, and used it for event planning, reporting--anything that requires you to organize lots of information in a standardized way. The resistance to using yet another platform was strong at first, but once we got into it, everyone has become an Airtable advocate.

Pros

When a co-worker recommended Airtable, I was predictably skeptical. Who needs yet another spreadsheet software I said, with an internal (ok, maybe external) eye roll. But this is no mere spreadsheet platform. It is the only one you will ever need. Ever. Again. The functionality that make it worth it to switch from Excel or Google Sheets might seem insignificant when you look at them on a features list....

Cons

There are very few cons to Airtable. It's simple to use, and the potential is limitless. Once you start putting bases together, you just don't want to stop! One thing that is slightly non-intuitive is the relationship (or lack thereof) between different "tabs" of data. Read up on those before you go that route. You can also start getting out of hand pretty quickly with creating lots of different views, but nothing a little intentionality can't address. We trained our entire team on using Airtable for project management, and it's been the best decision we ever made.

SB

Sean B.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

Love the loads of options! Hate the exposure of our content!

Our experience has been great outside the frustration of the exposure of the public view URL. We wouldn't be able to offer this portion of our services to our customers without a much more expensive custom solution. It was pretty intuitive to work with even some of the more advanced aspects of database creation. And the airtable community even gave us some really solid walkthroughs on some much more advanced integration with google drive through the use of integromat. I was pretty impressed with what we could achieve. The support team responded quite kindly from the request to find some code changes that might allow us to remove the external link from the embed views, but they have not actually addressed the issue with a solution.

Pros

We came to airtable because we were looking for a solution to index the massive amounts of files in our google drive and make them SEARCHABLE by many different criteria. (We were frustrated that google drive, dropbox, etc did not use real TAGS - and even what they did offer was not searchable by our clients who are not logged in) Airtable blows everything I've found out of the water in terms of types of fields (from URLs to emails to multi-select text options, etc) linked records, dates, etc. And they are all wonderfully searchable and sortable. We also love the ability to link records, create forms, etc. In short- airtable gave us the ONLY solution we could find that also was at a price that was VERY reasonable.

Cons

The embeddable PUBLIC view has a major problem for us (and MANY others if you read the forums) We CAME to airtable for this function of being able to give our customers an embedded view (in our website) of our tables. And I'm thrilled that it WORKS WELL. I'd love to give them a bit prettier options to sort and filter. (The functions work GREAT but non-savvy clients might take a while to figure it...

Wonderful solution to spreadsheets, needs more restrictive access, tech support needs improvement.

We can have many views of the same data in one place without duplicating the data. Each person can have their own view based on the data they need to see. The biggest benefit we've had is time saving and the ability to access this data anywhere, at any time.

Pros

Last year I was on the search for a solution to replace XLS and found Airtable. Previously we were using microsoft xls, as we found even GoogleDocs didn't work for our purpose. We produce hundreds and up to thousands of products for one event and previously used xls to keep track of production and for by line item invoicing purposes. The ability to have all the data in one spreadsheet but then...

Cons

The #1 priority for improvement that every Airtable user complains about is the lack of restrictive access. Access is "all or nothing" so if I give my clients "Read" access, they're only limited to one view and can't edit or note anything. If we give them "Edit" access they are able to edit anything in our entire database, including our pricing, so that doesn't work. We want, for example, a customer...

Felix P.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

A Comprehensive Review of Airtable: Key Features, Common Critiques, and Overall Recommendation

Overall, I've found Airtable to be a powerful and flexible platform that has greatly improved my productivity as a small business owner. Its customizable fields and views, integration with other tools, and collaboration features have all been invaluable in helping me manage my work and stay organized.

Pros

As a small business owner, there are several key features of Airtable that I have found particularly helpful in managing my work and staying organized.One of the standout features for me has been the ability to create custom fields and views. With Airtable, it's easy to create a database that is tailored to my specific needs, and the views feature allows me to see and interact with my data in a variety...

Cons

I have mixed feelings about Airtable. On the one hand, I have found the platform to be extremely helpful in organizing and managing my work. The customizable fields and views, integration with other tools, and collaboration features have all been invaluable in helping me stay on top of my workload and stay organized.However, there are a few common critiques that I have encountered as a user of the...

RM

Rosalina M.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

"Unlocking the Power of Data: An In-Depth Review of Airtable as a Project Management Tool"

In general, Airtable is a flexible and easy to understand project the executives device that offers a scope of customization choices and mix capacities. While there are a few impediments concerning detailing, computerization, and estimating, Airtable is major areas of strength for a for groups searching for an adaptable and cooperative undertaking the board arrangement. Likewise with any product, it's critical to painstakingly assess your choices and consider your particular business needs prior to pursuing a choice.

Pros

Adaptable: Airtable is a profoundly adaptable instrument that can be utilized for a large number of uses, from project the executives to occasion arranging.Easy to understand: Airtable's UI is instinctive and simple to explore, making it open for colleagues with various degrees of specialized mastery.Adaptable: Airtable permits clients to alter the look and feel of the stage to suit their requirements,...

Cons

Restricted revealing: While Airtable offers essential announcing highlights, it very well may be restricted as far as cutting edge investigation and information representation.Expectation to learn and adapt: Airtable's broad elements and customization choices can carve out opportunity to learn, particularly for clients who are curious about information bases.Restricted robotization choices: Airtable...

JW

Jordan W.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Airtable is a 10x product

In general, I'd recommend Airtable to anyone who quickly needs to gather data and manage it. Airtable makes it so easy it will start to feel like instinct.

Pros

We use Airtable in two distinct ways that are critical to our business. The first is lead management. We track all our leads, the status of them, and any other relevant info in Airtable. This makes it easy for anyone to come in and see the status of a deal at any given time. The second way in which we use the product is for collecting data / surveying users. We are constantly talking to our users and trying to collect feedback on a regular cadence. Airtable has made it so easy to build a form and then manage / sort the responses in their tool. Filtering the data is just as important as collecting it to begin with, and I don't know another tool that makes it as easy as Airtable does.

Cons

What will trip me up every now and then is Airtable's naming conventions in the product. It's not a deal breaker by any stretch but for anyone not already familiar with the product, it's confusing to explain to other stakeholders and makes onboarding take a bit longer than you might expect.