monday.com Reviews

4.65/5 (1,451 reviews)

Anonymous

Monday.com Review

Reviewed 2018-11-26

Over all my experience with Monday was a 50/50 split some things I loved and some things were lacking in functionality for what we needed. Overall I didn't hate it. At the end of the day it just wasn't what we needed to be productive. I think for other users who are using it for design, and business marketing it would be a phenomenal program and the price is very affordable even if you are a small company. Monday might be what you need to get your productivity up to become an even bigger company. I liked how Monday.com allows for easy collaboration with team members. It does take some getting used to for me it was easy to get used to because I am more of a computer person and have had many different experiences with a lot of different programs. Everyone else on my team is the complete opposite, however because of Monday.com's modern website design people were able to grasp it because the design is easy on the eyes if that makes sense. It is almost like an easy/drag and drop version of excel. Aside from the design I did love that there were different calendar views like Kanban view and the map view especially. The other things I loved was the forms integration, which made it easy to transfer our clients over from one program to another. As they came in they filled out the short form and were integrated into the calendar pretty easily. Lastly I loved the status column. I was going to use it to check in clients. Red for when they arrived to their appointments, Yellow for when they were waiting and Green for when they were done and waiting on their transportation back home.

MICHAEL LIARD

I'm an independent consultant-Simply the best project/task management tool I have used in a decade.

Reviewed 2018-06-12

The monday software/platform has been the best project management/planning I have ever used. The GUI, look and feel, and feature set is amazing. I feel like my projects are more organized than ever and injected accountability aspect to project plans. The Score of 9 is only because of the pricing structure. I will continue to recommend the product to colleagues. Best graphic user interface (GUI) and user experience (UX) across all online/mobile project and task management platforms available in the marketplace in 2018. The online (web) experience of a project management/planning tool is my #1 requirement. This includes a product's overall features, usability, GUI, appearance, customization, admin control, group management/control, private/public control, in-group messaging features, etc. I prefer to use my PC/laptop (vs. mobile apps) to create and manage project plans - the online experience with monday easily had me sold. Internet was down one day, and I needed immediate access to a monday project plan. I downloaded the monday mobile app and managed a project via a mobile app for the first time ever. The mobile app look and feel mirrored my URL version...a platform's mobile app is now a key purchasing criteria to me. Integration with and provisioning for complementary project/team management apps (i.e., Trello) is seamless, elevating the user experience and overall functionally. As an independent consultant, I appreciated the ability to and ease of sharing select project plan with specific clients though private invitation/authorization options. The overall customization and personalization possibilities are great. Features such as Color Code options for tasks/items; the ability to add, delete, reorganize/move and customize Task Fields (i.e., Due Dates, Task Owner); and Calendar Views variations are invaluable.

Colleen Lloyd-Roberts

Excellent Project Management Tool!

Reviewed 2016-11-15

We desperately needed an easy to use, easy to update project management tool in our App Development company. The Sales Dept. would get calls from clients asking, "how's our app coming," and they had to e-mail the Tech Dept, wait for a response and then call the Customer back. Now, the Sales Dept. can see exactly what stage of Development the client's app or website is in and tell the customer right then and there. No wasted time e-mailing or returning phone calls. Also, the Tech Dept. can see what the Sales Dept. has in the pipeline so they can predict what's coming in. It has also helped us streamline processes for each Dept. The whole entire sales process can be mapped out with every step start to finish, with the final step being customer survey sent. You never forget to do any step any more! You can also customize your responses for each step along the way such as "Done" or "In Progress" or "Waiting For Client", etc. The customer service with monday.com is excellent. That's a big deal to me. I don't want to hunt and peck around the internet trying to find chat groups or how to contact support. When you ask a question you get a response within a short period of time. The software is pretty intuitive but there are support tools to learn tips and tricks. Easy to use, very intuitive. Customizable to your projects and company. You can easily monitor step by step processes in however many Departments you have in your company. I like that its now an app that can live in my button dock. One click and its open. I like that you can discuss clients back and forth between team members.

Nathan Sichilongo

Great Visual To Do List & Project Planning tool

Reviewed 2018-05-14

Monday.com is a todo list/project management tool that rivals tools like Trello. We decided to give a try because the other tools we used didnt allow us to do real time group planning for projects. Real time is key for us because projects are time sensitive and having teams in different time zones is challenging. What we found was a great visual project management tool. 1) The ability to work on project plan together including adding our documents to a specific task or to do item makes it great to keep track of how far a project has come. 2) The visual appeal of the tool helps, as you can mark specific tasks with different colors to help know who is doing what and where that falls into the overall plan. 3) The ability to use working templates saved us a lot of time and the initial learning curve of the tool. We were able to set up and start using it within a week. 4) Monday.com allows us to take project planning away from email and just use a visual timeline of sorts to see how far a project has gone and what else needs to be done. 5) Since our projects bring teams from various departments, its great to have a central place to communicate and collaborate and the beauty of being able to integrate into our G Drive accounts makes this our main project planning tool.

Matt Leathers

One Management and Dashboard Tool to Rule Them All

Reviewed 2017-04-26

We run a small IT consulting firm. Client often ask what tools we recommend for their CIO and IT leadership dashboards. We tried everything from Trello to Excel to find a solution that works for us and that we felt comfortable recommending. My team loves Da Pulse. For internal collaboration and reporting, they can simply update their Da Pulse dashboards rather than Power Point decks or Project Plans. When something changes or a record is updated, I get a notification. As a leader, I appreciate that the status features make it easy to see where there are emerging risks or hot spots. Naturally, no tool is perfect, but Da Pulse lets us keep our project methodology lean and simple. Our email inboxes aren't bursting at the seams and we don't have to hunt for the latest document. The Drive integration allows us to keep everyone on the same page with version control. One of our clients has started to login to our Da Pulse instance after we agreed that creating Power Point decks was a waste of time and money. We had tried Trello, which they found confusing, before switching to Power Point. They like the interface and they're considering for their own use. Provides some structure (red, yellow, green status, links to Drive) without being inflexible. We dropped in a lean project and executive reporting set of rules without having to rely on a bunch of manual workarounds. The team can collaborate internally and externally with our clients. "Done" items are clearly distinguishable, as are trouble spots and emerging risks.

Adam James

Collaborative spreadsheets with many time saving and useful features

Reviewed 2018-11-02

Monday has allowed us to streamline our processes and enables me to see at a glance what projects we have on, where our projects are and what projects are falling behind on timescales etc. As an architectural company we take every client/ job through a complicated process and need to keep track of multiple different 3rd parties (Council, Engineers etc) and multiple different processs (survey, planning, building regs etc). Monday allows us to do this with ease and with the posts and check boxes it allows me to understand where 100’s of projects are whenever I need.Simple to use. Very visual orientated - looks good and is easy to understand. Can be tailored to any business model/process. New features are being released all the time. Very engaged company that are listening to their clients and happy to help. Speeds up workflow and allows much greater management of projects, clients, staff and time. Great for to do lists and collaborative working.

Pieter De Porre

Our main tool for EVERY project and system in our company

Reviewed 2016-09-12

Why we prefer monday.com and how we use it We're a vivant company with several activities. We're running a personal training studios with 4 employees and several freelance trainers, we organise international education events and 2 conferences and we work together with a company on the development of an app. You can imagine the tons of communication, both internally as external, right? monday.com is our main SaaS which we use for EVERY task. For our personal training business we use monday.com as a follow up tool for and with our clients. All the trainers log every session on there and the advantage is that everyone's up to date at any given moment. We use it as a central filing system and the possibility to share the boards with external physio's and doctors is GREAT. For the events we us shared boards for every event so we can work together with external people like artworkers and marketeers. We made a custom layout of the boards and this helps us to gain insight on the event and the people who're responsible for the different tasks. For the internal communication and tasks for the management we use the private boards, here we can discuss topics and centralize data. I've tried several tools like Asana and Basecamp but monday.com is faster, more intuitive (which comes in great working with several external people) and the UI is so clean. Also, we're using it for 3 years and the support has been great. Internal, private and shared boards!

Akhilesh Singh

Very effective Project management tool

Reviewed 2018-10-14

The best part about this application is its graphical UI. We can make and alter venture subtle elements and plans by means of our versatile/tablets instead of utilizing through work area PC and the progressions are refreshed rapidly. We can download the application and even utilize it disconnected, in circumstances of downtimes this is simply cool! We can make shading coding for various assignments and customize the look and feel of the dashboards as indicated by your desire. Despite the fact that there are bugs experienced on occasion, they are settled absent much slack. Also, about their client benefit, they are only magnificent in responsiveness. The plan for the day encourages us to rebuild the work processes as indicated by our necessities.

Jeff Eikenberry

Huge Collaborative Projects, or Daily Personal To-Do's: Monday.com Can Change Your Life!

Reviewed 2018-07-20

It has been a life-changer for me, helping me stay organized and manage all the details of my personal and work-related projects! This entire concept for this is amazing! The many different ways you can setup your boards and use them, make it even more powerful! I use mine in different ways, for different things. I use it one way for larger work projects (where I've created personalized template boards), and I setup my boards an entirely different way for personal to-do lists. Go to their YouTube channel to see some great examples of how to setup different board types! I'm a forgetful person with a pretty weak memory, so the ability to add notes and updates to individual items (pulses) is also a life-saver, so that I can track ongoing, important information related to each item...without having these notes getting in my way when viewing the project board. You can add many different column types, and even use colors for certain columns, which makes it a snap to stay focused on what's most important. The fact that you can drag-and-drop the column order, and the pulses themselves, allows you to see and organize things in ways that work for you! I've also contact support with some questions and feedback, and their response was super-helpful and almost immediate. Their online help will walk you though 99% of your questions too. This product has added efficiency to my day, and removed significant stress from my life! Thank you Monday.com!

Sheri Michetti

monday.com keeps our team organized!

Reviewed 2016-11-21

Our team started using monday.com about eight months ago. We have team members spread out over the US and were in a constant state of trying to determine project status, find emails associated with updates, etc. monday.com brought our projects and our team together. Being able to attach emails, documentation, illustrations and updates all in one place has been not only a huge time-saver but has also added to our team cohesiveness. The flexibility of the tool allows us to expand with the projects we're working on, or on smaller projects keep the data simple and clean for a quick review. The only feature our team has missed is integration with our work calendars to keep milestones and deadlines in front of us. monday.com does integrate with some calendars, but our team uses Office365 and Outlook Mail - which we have not yet been successful in synching. Overall I'm so glad we found monday.com. The ease of implementing it, getting our team communicating in one place and watching the projects get completed has been a huge advantage. The price is so reasonable - you simply cant find another tool with similar features, functionality and ease of use anywhere else. Keep up the great work monday.com team! It is so easy to use. Being able to attach files, emails, notes and more to specific projects and tasks has allowed our team to become so organized and productive. The flexibility of the tool allows us to expand and/or contract depending on the complexity and size of the project.

Mavares Peters

Who is busy at this time? Use Monday.com to find out.

Reviewed 2018-07-24

Check projects and tasks in an easy and fast wayThe new technologies try, very often, to simplify a great amount of processes, reducing them to their minimum expression, the Monday platform, allows the tracking in a single board, which, allows to observe in real time, the different functions that all the members of the team are performing. By just adding your projects, the assignment of tasks is done in a simple way, then, you only have to assign the work teams and let the platform do the rest, showing from the initial state of the project, as well as the different stages to be developed. In this way, the planning and execution of the deliveries and advances by all the members of the work team is facilitated. Add "pulses" to maintain effective communication and automatically reduce planning and meeting time, saving costs on calls and significantly reducing the number of emails; But centralizing the main documents. Are you busy at this time? Use Monday.com to find out.

Patrick Martin

Easy to use, organized, helpful, adaptable

Reviewed 2018-02-22

What I like most about Monday, is that it is highly adaptable to the ever changing needs of workflow. As the business is continually evolving, so are the options and coordination of this useful business tool. The workflow from start to finish can be easily integrated to any model . Some advanced specifications can be simplified into columns and colors so that work is easily tracked along it's path without the hassle of using an excel sheet, as everything is as simple as drag and drop or clicking a drop down menu of infinitely customizable descriptions, and attachments that keep the employees along each important step of the process on the same page at all times.

Katie Cox

A tool that has made my working life easier

Reviewed 2018-06-19

Monday has been a real help exactly when our team needed it. As our workload has increased meaning working collaboratively across projects has been required Monday has been an amazing tool for keeping on top of tasks, and means I am able to see when other members of the team have completed items or receive up to the minute status updates without needing to constantly check with them. This saves time, has improved communication and given an improved sense of autonomy to team members. The flexibility of the boards means it has uses across our interior design and project management business, from tracking order admin on each project to keeping track of new leads and planning marketing. I have found the customer support to be excellent and there are useful videos available to help get to grips with using it. Even less technologically advanced older team members have loved using it, setting up the status updates with quick click labels has made this so accessible and quick to update. The iphone app also means you can use on the go, for instance a nagging feeling that something has not been ordered or actioned in the middle of the night can be put to rest within seconds - without having to wait until 9am to check in with team members.

Zachary Busekrus

Better than Trello, cleaner than DoInbound, more robust than Basecamp, NOT an Asana

Reviewed 2017-12-14

The ability to quickly see where each campaign deliverable is at in our process and to understand if how "on time" the project is. Our team ran a zillion free trials of different project management software. All were either too robust for our needs or too simple (not enough "meat"). We are an agency of 20 people who work very collaboratively. We did not want a project management tool that would slow us down...which is why we steered away from the Jira's and Asana's of the world (not a bash at these guys, they were just too robust for our needs). At DD, we trust people to manage their time, so we didn't need a tool that tracked time. What we REALLY needed was a tool to help us "see" where an item was at in a project pipeline. Monday.com does just that. It's really NOT a project management tool, but a project visualization tool. It's clean, simple user interface is something our team has grow to love. It's easy to drag and drop and the layout is much more customizable and readable than a tool like Trello. Overall, we're very happy with our decision to choose Monday.com. Please note that we've only been using the software for a couple of months at the time this review was posted.

Waseem Sader

Solid Project Management Tool!

Reviewed 2018-02-26
Review Source: Software Advice

We use monday.com every single day without fail at our company and it's definitely made out entire workflow process much easier and streamlined. For me personally, I like the fact that it gives me a good overview of the work I need to do, what I'm currently working on and also the work that I've completed. My team members make good use of the collaboration features and I love how much of info and how in-depth an individual task can go. It's really great knowing that all our work (images, docs, notes, etc) just live on monday.com and not in a million different places. The user interface is also pretty sleek although it can be a little bit overwhelming for new users but that isn't an issue once they get used to it. I haven't needed to use their customer support (haha, that's a compliment!) but from what I've read, their support is top notch.It has great collaboration features, a nice overview of stuff that you're working on, worked on, or still to work on. Their pricing is very affordable - you definitely get what you pay for and MORE.

Sarah Markle

Monday is a great, visually-based project management tool.

Reviewed 2018-09-05

This has really helped me save time with my workflow and get to work faster, knowing I can easily track and integrate all the parts of a project in one clean platform. Monday.com is a really clean, easy to use platform. Anyone who is familiar with Jira/Kanban boards will see the similarity, as well as some relation to Trello. Overall, visual layouts in Monday are easier to use and understand immediately. Anyone coming into a new project or component of a larger task can easily grasp the different parts of a project. What I like about Monday over a lot of other platforms is Google integrations, which allows for Google docs integration. This makes it painfully easy to use and far more efficient, as one inevitably has to use something like Google drive to manage related documentation, files, etc. The workflow structure is satisfying to use and can be modified with ease. Prioritization is easy, along with combining the goals of sprints in Agile teams to quickly see how your tasks and work measure up to expectations.

Paul Henderson

Simple, flexible, collaborative and yet powerful enough to handle everything we throw at it.

Reviewed 2018-07-30

easily managed customer projects and ongoing maintenance contracts with ease. I love the flexibility that Monday offers us. Most systems are really rigid and force you to follow a set path, this makes it difficult to mould it to suit our business. Monday doesn't have that problem, if we need another field or add in another process etc.. .then we just add it in, we dont have to go and re-do everything from scratch again. The interface is simple and easy to use but also gives us enough detail to make sure we cover everything. No mean feat!

Bret Pollard

Monday (formally known as DaPulse) is a great tool for teams, coordinators and clients alike.

Reviewed 2018-04-16

Easy to integrate teams, coordinators and clients. Communication is seamless and collaboration is very easy. Monday gives you great control over project management and lets the whole time collaborate and turn in on time. Clients can also benefit as they are in the loop and can collaborate as well. Overall very easy to use and customer service is acceptable. Basic package is a great value compared to other softwares. Pretty easy to use once you've mastered the learning curve. Streamlined and overall great experience on smartphones. Desktop App is great.

Hannah Case

Phenomonal

Reviewed 2018-07-25

Ability to organize my thoughts and stay on task. Reducing immeasurable anxiety and panic. This has been more beneficial to me than any other organizational product I have ever used.The functionality is fantastic. It is very simple to use and it is amazing at tracking where you are with a task. I use it for graduate school. And when I graduate I will use it for my business. It is a brilliantly simple way to lay out everything you need to keep up with. And not just for a day or two, for as long as use the software. I have had frequent issues with staying on task. I simply can't keep track of everything. This software has helped me so much and I really can't say enough. I have always been a firm believer that it boosts your drive to work harder and keep going when you can see your succeses and visually Monday.com is great at this. You can see where you started, what you've finished, and whats ahead all on one screen. You can also alter it to see things you had trouble with in comments and what your grades were on assignents. It is just fantastic. However, the best feature of this software is the people behind it. They are incredibly helpful people who are uterly dedicated to ensuring that ALL of their customers are heard and well taken care of. All around a phenomenal experience with this company and their software

Michael Engelkamp

Incredible "ATS"

Reviewed 2018-09-21
Review Source: Software Advice

I wish I had known about this product long before I did! It would have saved us a ton of time. If you’re currently using trello or google sheets to track candidates or managing multiple projects I suggest giving Monday.com a try!I love Monday.com. My team and I were using Trello for the longest time and also excel documents. Monday is the perfect combo of both of those. We specifically use Monday to track candidates during the recruiting process. Love how easy to use the platform is. You can search between boards which is extremely useful if you have a lot of clients and want to search by keywords or by skillset. You can use #’s to link things as well. not 100% on how to do it yet but we’re getting the hang of it. This product is perfect for what we need and was very affordable. 10/10 recommend.

Chris Ching

Enables my remote team to work together efficiently!

Reviewed 2018-11-14

I have a team of remote people and we were looking for a way to collaborate together. We were looking for the right combination of organization, planning, assignment and collaboration. I've tried tons of other tools.. for a long time, we were using Basecamp, then Trello and then TeamWeek.. and for some reason or another, we would never keep up with it. But ever since we got on Monday, we haven't looked back. I think it's flexibility is its strongest point. You can adapt it to use whichever way fits your team the best. - Collaboration without having files and conversations all over the place! - Flexibility. This tool is so flexible with how you want to use it. You can customize the columns to suit your needs. - Accountability and Visibility. I love that you can assign team members, mention them, set deadlines and see at glance what everyone is working on. - Software updates. These guys update and add features like crazy. Their support team is also crazy responsive! - Mobile app. I love using it on mobile.. it's pretty full featured for a mobile experience.

Emilia Enakhena

Perfect program for managing projects across organizations.

Reviewed 2018-07-22

I very much appreciate the intuitive level of Mondays user interface. When compared with other project management tools like Asana and Microsoft project , it comes out as more user friendly and better organized. Thereby making it easy for teams to use. Monday is used by the sales and operations department in my organization to measure sales efforts and manage client relationships. It is so simple to assign tasks to team members and monitor a team members progress on such tasks. I also will like to appreciate Mondays official Facebook group. This group has got some fantastic Monday.com users who keep revealing newer ways to maximize the impact of Monday on a regular basis.

Travis Gray

Great for visual project management

Reviewed 2018-10-23

Overall, great experience. Monday is one of the better project management tools I've found out there. Keeping my team focused and up-to-date is absolutely crucial, and Monday has been able to fill that role perfectly.Our team was having a hard time managing projects and keeping stakeholders all in line with updates using just a spreadsheet. Having columns with colored status boxes is great to get a quick overview of what's happening on a project, and then being able to open those individual pieces up and get more detailed notes is great. I like that I can tag other users to give them direct updates. The recent addition of different views, Kanban, Chart, Timeline, etc, is another great tool to visualize what's happening on projects.

Oscar Taboro

Great for effective team flow.

Reviewed 2018-06-28

I see Monday as a little bit of Google doc , Trello and Microsoft Excel put together to form an effective program. I like the interface ,and the numerous amount of features I am able to leverage on as a Monday user. Monday allows us to pass instructions ,tasks ,manage team workflow and even celebrate successful completion of projects amongst team members more efficiently than was the case ,before we adopted Monday. I appreciate the high standard the Monday support crew have maintained over the last one year ,we get response to any query we send to the Monday support crew in less than fifteen minute at the worse. Obviously software providers out there have got one or two things to learn from the Monday support crew.

Francesca Grayling

monday.com beats in tune with us!

Reviewed 2017-04-24

Having used a variety of project management tools throughout my career and hating all of them, I came across monday.com in November and am still using it (so for me that says a lot!!!!) Just to set the scene, I have in the past used: Microsoft's Quality Centre: there are no words for how much I hate this! TFS: time consuming & not friendly when working with external teams due to security risks of sharing instances Jira: getting better but over complicated Sifter: great but too simple (I know! I'm hard to please, right?!) Microsoft Project: what I always come back to but loath... time consuming, over complicated, trying to be everything for everyone (badly!) and an absolute pain to print anything from! Plus access issues if you don't have the full MS suite! Then along came monday.com, an intuitive, easy, visual tool that has solved some of my problems! This is the first tool I have come across with such an easy, clever design and is visually stimulating! It works for non-project members of my team because of it's visual format and it's been soo easy to implement across teams in our business because it's soo easy to use. I have been using the tool since November, most tools of this type I have hated within days so it's working well for us. It might not be for everyone but I'd highly recommend giving it a go because it's worked so well for me. It's clever visual format, combined with it's ease of use for all levels of technical ability! Also, any time I have had a question or a query, the support team have been amazing and so quick to discuss with me!