monday.com Logo

• Likelihood to recommend8.46/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

smartsheet

The best feature of monday.com is its ability to help you integrate your tasks into your calendar. The easy to use tool allows you to efficiently manage projects and meet deadlines.
Visually stunning and satisfying great tool helps in smooth management of our projects, ditching the need for any spreadsheets and manual tracking.
I really love a lot about Monday. It's clean, has a beautiful design, easy to use and just overall a great product.
The software spam your inbox with many unwanted mails. Unable to track project goals easily.
We eventually stopped using this software because the UI was very limited in it's features. Our team didn't really catch on, and we abandoned the software after a year.
Terrible with the customer service. We are now actively looking for a replacement.

4,838 reviews

Tanya G.

Sales

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Monday.com User Review

Transcript

Tanya: Hi, I'm Tanya. I am a salesperson, a writer, and a podcaster. I use monday for all kinds of things....

Chase M.

Owner

My Team is Stronger with Monday

Transcript

Chase: My name is Chase, I am the owner of a Branding Agency, and I give Monday.com five out of five...

yasin i.

Food Production, 51-200 employees

Monday works wonders for project management in manufacturing

I'm very happy with the boost Monday's given us in managing our projects. We first bought it to set up shared boards for our projects, but very quickly expanded our use into shared documents, forms, notes, and more. I definitely recommend it if you need one source of truth for project management.

Pros

I like the sandbox environment it creates to boost collaboration. We have shared boards to monitor everyone's tasks, shared documents, forms, etc. When you need a new type of document or collaborative environment, chances are, Monday will already have it.

Cons

It's hard to start using it confidently in the beginning. I was a bit overwhelmed in the beginning by all the different modules available. It might be a bit frustrating to onboard to it if you can't spare a lot of time to learn it in the beginning

Adir R.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

A robust project management tool for every need

Monday.com helps team collaborate and manage projects of any sort and size easily, with fully customizable dashboards and task lists.

Pros

Monday.com is almost too good to be true. It's flexible, it comes with a ton of customizations and automations, and it lets you manage any type of project in whatever way you please. We're using it daily and it makes our lives so much better. Oh, and their support is superb.

Cons

First off, pricing. Monday is not cheap, and they charge by sets of seats instead of individual seats. So if you're a team of 6 - you have to pay for 10 seats, which - on a software that isn't too cheap - can be pretty annoying. On top of that, their Android app is sub-par, and I find myself using the mobile web version instead of the dedicated app.

Hey Adir - thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear that monday.com has made your lives easier and you've had a good experience with our support team. As for our pricing, we hear you and understand where you're coming from. We're always working to improve our pricing approach, and appreciate your feedback.

OA

Obhioze A.

Higher Education, 10,001+ employees

Keeping my Monday's busy and productive with monday.com.

Teams can collaborate seamlessly on work assignments.It is simple to organize my work with monday.com.

Pros

With monday.com,I can easily plan and manage project schedules and work efficiently.Again,I can easily assign tasks to my team with monday.com.It makes it simple to track project and work progress.

Cons

So far,I haven't encountered any flaws with monday.com.

KH

Kate H.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Monday.com Project Manager

Pros

I much prefer monday.com rather than asana or smartsheet. I feel it is WAY easier for my team to learn how to use Monday.com rather than the previously mentioned. It is easy, quick and they walk you through anything and everything if you get confused.

Cons

I did not love the lack of customization. I will say, SmartSheet and Asana win in that category, but customization is not super important to me and my team.

EA

Emin A.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Experience after 8 months

Pros

It is easy to manage tasks, see reports on how they performed and tidy up the space. It is a fresh breeze if you switch from a kanban board. The tracking system is really good and the different views help a lot in making decisions for bonuses.

Cons

It was a little bit pricy and it didn't let us download our data after we stopped our subscription. The tool was a little bit resource heavy as well so it might slow down older computers.

BM

Bonnie M.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Greatest Of All Time(G.O.A.T) Project and Work Management Platform.

monday.com streamlines workflows thus increasing productivity.

Pros

I can easily create and assign daily tasks to teams.Likewise,I can easily plan and manage project and work assignments with monday.com.I can also track work progress with monday.com.

Cons

I haven't experienced any demerits with monday.com as it keeps me busy and productive.

KM

Kefiloe M.

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Great experience.

On human Resources assistance for payroll check as well as services help desk and easy reach out. Great in Project scheduling and management.

Pros

The features for projects follow up and task creation. It's integration capacity when it comes to human Resources assistance. Faster and simple chat.

Cons

It has delivered beyond expectations I'm by far impressed.

Airlines/Aviation, 1-10 employees

Monday for business

Pros

The ability to create customizable dashboards and automate processes also adds to its appeal.

Cons

while it offers a lot of customization options, some users may find that they need to invest time in fine-tuning their setup to get the most out of the platform.

Design, 1-10 employees

Monday.com Review

I AM A LITTLE BIT EXPERIENCED WITH MONDAY.COM BUT INTEND TO GET MORE FAMILIAR WITH IT AS I USE MONDAY.COM DAILY FOR BUSINESS TASKS AND OPERATIONS.

Pros

IT IS COOL AND FUN ALSO EASY TO USE FOR BUSINESS PROFESSIONAL REASONS SO I SPEND ALOT OF TIME ON THE WEBSITE.

Cons

THERE IS NOT ONE THING I DO NOT LIKE ABOUT MONDAY.COM I LIKE IT IT HELPS ME EVERYDAY WITH THE TOOLS NEEDED TO FINISH BUSINESS TASKS AND BUSINESS OPERATIONS.

Market Research, 51-200 employees

Our go-to Task communication tool

Good but can be better. UI and UX can be improved.

Pros

It keeps our team organized and focused on the tasks at hand. It helps prioritize the most urgent task that we need to complete.

Cons

Mobile app can be better -> we are actually thinking of moving away from Monday.com since we have been utilizing Asana, which is better for our team -> we might end our subscription before the end of the year.

JK

Jake K.

Design, 1-10 employees

Easy and addicting!

Monday.com makes productivity addicting! Our small team likes seeing our progress and watching as tasks/"pulses" turn green and complete. It's very flexible and customizable. If you can figure out google sheets, you can figure out Monday. Their support team is also pretty good at answering emails quickly and they are very friendly.

Pros

- Monday.com is truly flexible and as easy to customize as a google sheet, but with way more power through smart columns, formulas, automations and integrations - The color coded status column(s) make it easy to see how things are going at a glance and it's addicting to work as a team towards "all greens"! It's like the professional version of "closing the ring" on apple watch or reaching step goals on fitbit. - The mobile app is almost as powerful as the web version, though I do wish they would bring "info boxes" on pulses to mobile since right now you can't see or edit those :(

Cons

- Monday.com is a bit expensive if you're a small team. I wish they had per user licenses for small teams instead of bundles. - The My Week feature is nice to show you all of the tasks from all projects that you have due coming up, but I wish Monday.com let you create a "timeline of timelines" similar to Asana portfolios that let you see how all of your projects are progressing and how much (planned) time is left on them before final deadline etc.

Kim D.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1-10 employees

I love Monday.com!

Where do I start? This software is very affordable, and really helps with small business management. I work in transportation and customs brokerage, and since we implemented Monday.com as our customer facing communication device, we have seen a huge reduction in confusion, less emails being lost, and more customer satisfaction.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to manage, easy to implement. Monday.com portal software has improved our communications with our customers, and is extremely intuitive. Support is there if you need it, and they are consistently improving the features. I highly recommend!

Cons

The only improvement I would suggest is that each time a member is mentioned, the task goes back to the inbox for review. For example, I use the inbox as a to-do list, but what I think is done may have more requirements. It would be nice if the follow ups showed back up on my inbox. It would also be nice to have a payment feature, but I think that may be a third party app we can include. I need to look into it.

SL

Sheila L.

Internet, self-employed

Almost perfect!

I loved using Monday.com with my own project management and when I was working on other teams. I can say it is just about perfect for larger teams and large projects. If I was to build a project management system it would be very similar to Monday. Can get over complicated as it gets deeper and deeper. Sometimes things got lost because they were so deep in the project. Having subtasks is important but they need to be managed well or they get lost.

Melissa H.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

A huge assistance in keeping us on track with our job

As a group, we're making use of Monday.com. I had no idea what to anticipate, but I was pleasantly surprised right away. You should use this program if you want your team to be able to communicate and keep tabs on their progress. You may set up a "dashboard" for each project, assign individuals to each job, set a due date, and so forth.

Pros

Our company made use of Monday.com. I've had a wonderful time with monday.com. Personal and business endeavors alike benefit from my usage of this tool. Using it, I'm able to get things done. Depending on the team's progress, each assignment might be given to one or more persons. It's the go-to tool for getting things done in general since we can do so much more with it.

Cons

When more than two persons (3+) are involved in a project, a payment plan is required. A larger crew means a higher price tag. If you know how to utilize the tool effectively, taking a plan is in your best interest monday.com.

Mike K.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Monday.com is one of the better ways to keep track of your work tasks!

I really like how Monday.com makes it easy to see what everyone is working on and what tasks are upcoming. It's also been really helpful for me to be able to track my own progress on tasks. Overall, I'm really happy with Monday.com!

Pros

I've found that Monday.com is an excellent tool for keeping track of both my own work and the work of my team. It's easy to use and provides a great deal of visibility into what everyone is working on. This has been extremely helpful in coordinating our efforts and ensuring that everyone is on track. I would highly recommend Monday.com to anyone looking for a project management solution.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like about Monday.com was that it wasn't always easy to figure out how to do specific tasks. For example, there were a few times when I wasn't sure how to add a comment or edit a task. However, the support team was always quick to help and they made it easy to learn how to use the software.

Roldan A.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Projet Managment is a breeze!

Overall, excellent! I mean, I have used several PMS like Trello, Slack, Jira, Wrike and the likes - Monday.com is the fireworks and the linchpin in the industry. If you have critical projects to manage (which I'm talking about project managers) this one is indespinsable.

Pros

Workflow Configuration. Here, you can configure your workflow to your hearts content - supported by hundreds of there available widgets. Automation. A killer feature of Monday.com I haven't used or found with some other PMS. It does a good job of nudging everyone of everyday tasks. Customizability. Fairly user friendly. Customized modules, visuals, workflows etc. You name it. Customer Support. Best customer support with high product knowledge.

Cons

Price. This can be expensive for solo users. But, then again they have free provisions for single users with threshold in it obviously. Technical. This can be technically taxing at first. Can be complicated for first time user, which is understandable for a Project Management Software with wider and deeper span. Glitches. Some of the function tends to glitch sometimes. Such with you colorize text to emphasize it. Tends to go against the user.

JT

Josh T.

Printing, 1-10 employees

Monday.com has been a game-changer for project management

Overall, I'm very happy with Monday.com. It has been a total game-changer for us. It has let us organize all our projects, track all our information, and automate SO many tasks that we used to do manually. It is a bit daunting to start, but is well worth spending the time to learn. My company gave me the task to learn how Monday works and get it all set up. It took me about a week to go through everything, play around with it, and learn it. But once we had it set up it made life so much easier. I highly recommend!

Pros

I love the customization of Monday. We can set up our board to work exactly the way we need it to work. The board we're using looks completely different than the way some other businesses are using it, because they have different needs than us. And that's one of my favorite things - we can make it be exactly what we need. Most project management software forces you to use it in a particular way. But Monday lets us customize everything to make it work how we need it to work.

Cons

The things I dislike about Monday are typically features that they don't have yet, but they've said they're working on. For example, sometimes they don't have the exact automation I'm trying to accomplish. But, when we combined monday with Zapier, we were able to overcome almost every obstacle. I would say I'd like to see more of the integrations and automations work with subitems. For example, I can...

Brandon E.

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Monday.com is great for sharing projects in real time

Because of the volume of customers we serve, monday.com is vital in maintaining order. This helps us organize our many clients' requirements and initiatives so that we may better serve them. We also find it useful for internal communication; we can simply add a tag to the name of the person we want to contact.

Pros

I really appreciate how straightforward and simple it is to use. They regularly update the site with new features and advice on how to make the most of those features. The speed and quality of their assistance to customers is unparalleled. Our organization couldn't function on a daily basis without Monday.com.

Cons

At the time, I can't think of anything I despise. Although I have been using it for a while, I continue to learn new ways in which it might benefit our business. So much is available there. In the best possible manner, it is overpowering.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

4 years and looking forwards to many more!

It's a dream to use, even with my neurospicy brain. I am very chaotic and highly organized, depending on the day, time of day, or the socks I am wearing, and Monday can support me at my best and my worst.

Pros

I was always using Google Sheets to track projects, but they would go on and on and on, and include mutliple tabs and pull data from here and there and... it was a bit exhausting. Monday imports these sheets, and turns them into clearly defined, but almost endlessly customizable boards.

Cons

The templates are a bit too needlessly complicated for me. But it's actually useful if you want to use it for different things than I do. I discard my boards after a while, when they are too full, and I don't like to archive or administrate everything.

KG

Kimberly G.

Civil Engineering, 1-10 employees

Managing Projects for business

Easy to set up and use. User friendly, ability to create multiple boards and invite guests as need basis

Pros

Ability to create different boards and tag multiple users

Cons

So many features, we are probably not using them all to its full capacity. Would like an easy way to get staff to use it more

KB

Katie B.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Fantastic project management software for our retail business

Monday's been a huge boon for our business. We used to be on Excel which worked well for when we had a much smaller scale. But we decided to move to a full fledged project management software to boost our productivitiy, and I'm really glad that we did. Monday saved us from having to purchase and sync half a dozen tools together to get all the functionalities that it has under one roof. It's also well priced compared to most of the alternatives, and you can use it with almost no issues once you get the hang of it.

Pros

I think the best thing about Monday is the sheer number of things you can do with it without paying extra for every little thing. We don't have tons of IT resources so it's been an absolute treat to be able to use one tool for everything from projects and tasks to inventory, document backup, ideation and more.

Cons

There's somewhat of a learning curve in the beginning when you're exploring each module. We had to spend three or four weeks learning it before we were ready to move everything to it from Excel.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Constant Technical Issues, Non-inclusive of Small Businesses

One of the worst experiences i've ever had with, what should be, a task management app. In reality, it is an app that you will waste hundreds of hours dealing with customer service on.

Pros

The Monday platform, if it ever worked correctly, would be perfect for those just entering project management, or those with limited automation background. It is a simplified and easy-to-use platform.

Cons

Monday refuses to offer a package, at comparable prices to their competitors. For one, they do not offer packages for teams less of 5 people. They advertise that they do, but you will not have any Gantt Chart or Project Management features for the free version. In addition, I have only been with Monday for one month. My second free trial ended today (was able to get an extension) and throughout the...

SC

Shoaib C.

Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 employees

A great project management tool with great capabilities and features

We always wanted to get a project management tool that we can use for our projects and tasks management, monday.com has been great for us because that has helped us manage all our tasks and deliver on time.

Pros

I personally love the activity management and assigning tasks feature, it is simply great. Other than that time tracking feature is great which helps managers to see how much time is being spent on each task. Visualising the board in gannt chart mode is great for presentations to showcase the workload for any user.

Cons

I would say, that within each of the boards the activity log does not have many things like asana or Trello does. It is slightly more expensive than Trello which offers a free version and asana which has great UX and is highly customisable

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

"Monday.com is an incredibly flexible and customizable project management solution

Improved team communication and collaboration: Monday.com enables real-time communication and collaboration, which can help team members coordinate and work together more effectively.More accurate tracking of tasks and projects: The platform allows users to track tasks and projects in real time, which can help improve visibility and transparency of work processes.Automation of repetitive tasks: Monday.com...

Pros

Flexibility and customisation: Users noted that Monday.com allows for easy customisation of tables and views to suit specific team and project needs. They also appreciated the flexibility of the tool to quickly create and modify tasks and tables.Real-time collaboration: Monday.com's real-time collaboration features allow team members to work together efficiently, share ideas and collaborate in real...

Cons

the pricing of the tool, the difficulty of tracking time and expenses, the limited aspect of the mobile application. However, it is important to note that these elements may vary according to the needs and preferences of each user. Despite this, it is recommended that you test the software to see if it is suitable for your business needs

Megan G.

Consumer Goods, 10,001+ employees

Monday.com makes project management easy

There are features in this platform that make your work easier, such as boards and forms are particularly useful, as they allow the entire company to keep track of work in progress and completed tasks. Overall, Monday.com makes it easy and efficient to stay up to date with all aspects of project management and team collaboration.

Pros

In my experience Monday.com has been one of the best productivity and project management software I have used, it is very good for managing and tracking the progress of multiple projects, especially those with deadlines as it provides real-time information on the workload of each member, identifyng who needs help and who can offer it. The ease with which you can track team performance and profit streamlines the entire workflow. Of the points that I can highlight is its interface, its design is minimalist, the well crafted colors, its intuitive menus make it a pleasant platform for the user.

Cons

While Monday.com offers effective project management and team collaboration features, the platform does come with its challenges. The initial setup can be awkward and time consuming, requiring research to customize it to your needs. Also, the automation features are somewhat limited, requiring workarounds for tasks that should be straightforward. From my point of view it lacks a better integration with artificial intelligence.