monday.com Reviews

monday.com Reviews

4.69/5 (702 reviews)
5,332

Colleen Lloyd-Roberts

Excellent Project Management Tool!

Reviewed 2016-11-15

We desperately needed an easy to use, easy to update project management tool in our App Development company. The Sales Dept. would get calls from clients asking, "how's our app coming," and they had to e-mail the Tech Dept, wait for a response and then call the Customer back. Now, the Sales Dept. can see exactly what stage of Development the client's app or website is in and tell the customer right then and there. No wasted time e-mailing or returning phone calls. Also, the Tech Dept. can see what the Sales Dept. has in the pipeline so they can predict what's coming in. It has also helped us streamline processes for each Dept. The whole entire sales process can be mapped out with every step start to finish, with the final step being customer survey sent. You never forget to do any step any more! You can also customize your responses for each step along the way such as "Done" or "In Progress" or "Waiting For Client", etc. The customer service with monday.com is excellent. That's a big deal to me. I don't want to hunt and peck around the internet trying to find chat groups or how to contact support. When you ask a question you get a response within a short period of time. The software is pretty intuitive but there are support tools to learn tips and tricks. Easy to use, very intuitive. Customizable to your projects and company. You can easily monitor step by step processes in however many Departments you have in your company. I like that its now an app that can live in my button dock. One click and its open. I like that you can discuss clients back and forth between team members.

Stuart Graham

Life changing enabler of productivity for all sizes of team

Reviewed 2017-10-19

Already covered in previous question in part. Not needing to remember things Empowering team to tackle tasks in an order which suits them within the bounds set. Improvement in productivity and customer response.Visual, its very easy to visualise tasks and see what you and your team have on by ways of workload. Initiative, although it has many features, all are logically positioned within the webpage so you never find yourself being lost in menus. Customisable, the boards are completely yours to design, own and use. Changes can happen instantly and hassle free meaning things can adapt to the needs of the team. Support, when ever required, support has been readily avaliable and responsive. Bugs, although rare, have also been resolved quickly. No subtasks, so many say sub tasks are a con, but sub tasks really cause issues and it's how to lose things, so a flat task structure hugely improves clarity. Live system, updates and task status update instantly for all users in real time. No "who has the task spreadsheet open?" anymore. General, this is a "to do list" which is Initiative and interactive which once properly implimented for your team will revolutionise work flow.

Nathan Sichilongo

Great Visual To Do List & Project Planning tool

Reviewed 2018-05-14

Monday.com is a todo list/project management tool that rivals tools like Trello. We decided to give a try because the other tools we used didnt allow us to do real time group planning for projects. Real time is key for us because projects are time sensitive and having teams in different time zones is challenging. What we found was a great visual project management tool. 1) The ability to work on project plan together including adding our documents to a specific task or to do item makes it great to keep track of how far a project has come. 2) The visual appeal of the tool helps, as you can mark specific tasks with different colors to help know who is doing what and where that falls into the overall plan. 3) The ability to use working templates saved us a lot of time and the initial learning curve of the tool. We were able to set up and start using it within a week. 4) Monday.com allows us to take project planning away from email and just use a visual timeline of sorts to see how far a project has gone and what else needs to be done. 5) Since our projects bring teams from various departments, its great to have a central place to communicate and collaborate and the beauty of being able to integrate into our G Drive accounts makes this our main project planning tool.

Matt Leathers

One Management and Dashboard Tool to Rule Them All

Reviewed 2017-04-26

We run a small IT consulting firm. Client often ask what tools we recommend for their CIO and IT leadership dashboards. We tried everything from Trello to Excel to find a solution that works for us and that we felt comfortable recommending. My team loves Da Pulse. For internal collaboration and reporting, they can simply update their Da Pulse dashboards rather than Power Point decks or Project Plans. When something changes or a record is updated, I get a notification. As a leader, I appreciate that the status features make it easy to see where there are emerging risks or hot spots. Naturally, no tool is perfect, but Da Pulse lets us keep our project methodology lean and simple. Our email inboxes aren't bursting at the seams and we don't have to hunt for the latest document. The Drive integration allows us to keep everyone on the same page with version control. One of our clients has started to login to our Da Pulse instance after we agreed that creating Power Point decks was a waste of time and money. We had tried Trello, which they found confusing, before switching to Power Point. They like the interface and they're considering for their own use. Provides some structure (red, yellow, green status, links to Drive) without being inflexible. We dropped in a lean project and executive reporting set of rules without having to rely on a bunch of manual workarounds. The team can collaborate internally and externally with our clients. "Done" items are clearly distinguishable, as are trouble spots and emerging risks.

Pieter De Porre

Our main tool for EVERY project and system in our company

Reviewed 2016-09-12

Why we prefer monday.com and how we use it We¿re a vivant company with several activities. We¿re running a personal training studios with 4 employees and several freelance trainers, we organise international education events and 2 conferences and we work together with a company on the development of an app. You can imagine the tons of communication, both internally as external, right? monday.com is our main SaaS which we use for EVERY task. For our personal training business we use monday.com as a follow up tool for and with our clients. All the trainers log every session on there and the advantage is that everyone¿s up to date at any given moment. We use it as a central filing system and the possibility to share the boards with external physio¿s and doctors is GREAT. For the events we us shared boards for every event so we can work together with external people like artworkers and marketeers. We made a custom layout of the boards and this helps us to gain insight on the event and the people who¿re responsible for the different tasks. For the internal communication and tasks for the management we use the private boards, here we can discuss topics and centralize data. I¿ve tried several tools like Asana and Basecamp but monday.com is faster, more intuitive (which comes in great working with several external people) and the UI is so clean. Also, we¿re using it for 3 years and the support has been great. Internal, private and shared boards!

Sheri Michetti

monday.com keeps our team organized!

Reviewed 2016-11-21

Our team started using monday.com about eight months ago. We have team members spread out over the US and were in a constant state of trying to determine project status, find emails associated with updates, etc. monday.com brought our projects and our team together. Being able to attach emails, documentation, illustrations and updates all in one place has been not only a huge time-saver but has also added to our team cohesiveness. The flexibility of the tool allows us to expand with the projects we're working on, or on smaller projects keep the data simple and clean for a quick review. The only feature our team has missed is integration with our work calendars to keep milestones and deadlines in front of us. monday.com does integrate with some calendars, but our team uses Office365 and Outlook Mail - which we have not yet been successful in synching. Overall I'm so glad we found monday.com. The ease of implementing it, getting our team communicating in one place and watching the projects get completed has been a huge advantage. The price is so reasonable - you simply cant find another tool with similar features, functionality and ease of use anywhere else. Keep up the great work monday.com team! It is so easy to use. Being able to attach files, emails, notes and more to specific projects and tasks has allowed our team to become so organized and productive. The flexibility of the tool allows us to expand and/or contract depending on the complexity and size of the project.

Sarah Johnson

Promising new way to track projects

Reviewed 2016-11-21

I believe in working smarter not harder, and in my line of work (managing complex IT projects, typically software) traditional tools make that difficult, if not impossible, because I spend all of my time updating project plans that no one will ever look at. I appreciate the Dapulse way of simplifying project tracking so that my team spends more time working than tracking, and when they do need to track something, it takes less time and is more intuitive to do so. While there are a couple of key capabilities that I am missing and have to handle in other ways, such as Excel sheets, the majority of what I need is there already, and I am hopeful that Dapulse will continue to innovate and deliver their spin on things like resource allocation, effort estimation, what-if forecasting, and early alerts for potential delays that the system recognizes before humans do, etc. I am overall very pleased with customer support and value for the cost of this tool, and I am excited to see this product go even further.More modern, flexible way to track projects as a team v. sitting in front of spreadsheets and project plans all day that have to be emailed/made more presentable for executive leadership, which is a time sink. It serves a high level AND a low level purpose for true transparency across all levels. I love how configurable it is for OUR needs and terminology, and how easy it is to share and subscribe to updates.

Patrick Martin

Easy to use, organized, helpful, adaptable

Reviewed 2018-02-22

What I like most about Monday, is that it is highly adaptable to the ever changing needs of workflow. As the business is continually evolving, so are the options and coordination of this useful business tool. The workflow from start to finish can be easily integrated to any model . Some advanced specifications can be simplified into columns and colors so that work is easily tracked along it's path without the hassle of using an excel sheet, as everything is as simple as drag and drop or clicking a drop down menu of infinitely customizable descriptions, and attachments that keep the employees along each important step of the process on the same page at all times.

Zachary Busekrus

Better than Trello, cleaner than DoInbound, more robust than Basecamp, NOT an Asana

Reviewed 2017-12-14

The ability to quickly see where each campaign deliverable is at in our process and to understand if how "on time" the project is. Our team ran a zillion free trials of different project management software. All were either too robust for our needs or too simple (not enough "meat"). We are an agency of 20 people who work very collaboratively. We did not want a project management tool that would slow us down...which is why we steered away from the Jira's and Asana's of the world (not a bash at these guys, they were just too robust for our needs). At DD, we trust people to manage their time, so we didn't need a tool that tracked time. What we REALLY needed was a tool to help us "see" where an item was at in a project pipeline. Monday.com does just that. It's really NOT a project management tool, but a project visualization tool. It's clean, simple user interface is something our team has grow to love. It's easy to drag and drop and the layout is much more customizable and readable than a tool like Trello. Overall, we're very happy with our decision to choose Monday.com. Please note that we've only been using the software for a couple of months at the time this review was posted.

Waseem Sader

Solid Project Management Tool!

Reviewed 2018-02-26
Review Source: Software Advice

We use monday.com every single day without fail at our company and it's definitely made out entire workflow process much easier and streamlined. For me personally, I like the fact that it gives me a good overview of the work I need to do, what I'm currently working on and also the work that I've completed. My team members make good use of the collaboration features and I love how much of info and how in-depth an individual task can go. It's really great knowing that all our work (images, docs, notes, etc) just live on monday.com and not in a million different places. The user interface is also pretty sleek although it can be a little bit overwhelming for new users but that isn't an issue once they get used to it. I haven't needed to use their customer support (haha, that's a compliment!) but from what I've read, their support is top notch.It has great collaboration features, a nice overview of stuff that you're working on, worked on, or still to work on. Their pricing is very affordable - you definitely get what you pay for and MORE.

Bret Pollard

Monday (formally known as DaPulse) is a great tool for teams, coordinators and clients alike.

Reviewed 2018-04-16

Easy to integrate teams, coordinators and clients. Communication is seamless and collaboration is very easy. Monday gives you great control over project management and lets the whole time collaborate and turn in on time. Clients can also benefit as they are in the loop and can collaborate as well. Overall very easy to use and customer service is acceptable. Basic package is a great value compared to other softwares. Pretty easy to use once you've mastered the learning curve. Streamlined and overall great experience on smartphones. Desktop App is great.

Francesca Grayling

monday.com beats in tune with us!

Reviewed 2017-04-24

Having used a variety of project management tools throughout my career and hating all of them, I came across monday.com in November and am still using it (so for me that says a lot!!!!) Just to set the scene, I have in the past used: Microsoft's Quality Centre: there are no words for how much I hate this! TFS: time consuming & not friendly when working with external teams due to security risks of sharing instances Jira: getting better but over complicated Sifter: great but too simple (I know! I'm hard to please, right?!) Microsoft Project: what I always come back to but loath... time consuming, over complicated, trying to be everything for everyone (badly!) and an absolute pain to print anything from! Plus access issues if you don't have the full MS suite! Then along came monday.com, an intuitive, easy, visual tool that has solved some of my problems! This is the first tool I have come across with such an easy, clever design and is visually stimulating! It works for non-project members of my team because of it's visual format and it's been soo easy to implement across teams in our business because it's soo easy to use. I have been using the tool since November, most tools of this type I have hated within days so it's working well for us. It might not be for everyone but I'd highly recommend giving it a go because it's worked so well for me. It's clever visual format, combined with it's ease of use for all levels of technical ability! Also, any time I have had a question or a query, the support team have been amazing and so quick to discuss with me!

Lars Dahlberg

Extremely easy to get started, get going and sharing!

Reviewed 2016-12-06

Checking numerous tools for project mgmt, Monday.com stands out from the crowd in simplicity of use, getting started right away and easy to share. You don't have to be an IT-specialist or rocket scientist to understand and use in minutes. Monday.com gives me a full overview on running projects, as well as helping me keep track of the steps along the way. 5 stars of 5.Easy to use, easy to share, easy to develop to your own needs. Extremely good overview of workflows. No clicking a lot of menus, all functionality easily accessible. And pretty much explains itself as you start working with it.

Meghan Desrosiers

Simple, Effective, Visually Robust

Reviewed 2016-11-21

monday.com has made Project Management within our organization so much easier and more efficient. After numerous trials with other PM programs that were overly complicated and text-heavy, we found monday.com to be much more appealing to our creative minds through the color-coded options for organizing and managing projects and the tasks within them. Our team can quickly and easily tell where each project is at throughout each stage of our process by the color we associate with each trackable phase. It is so incredibly simple to use from a tracking standpoint, as you can tag people in updates, see who has seen each update, and the like button allows you to acknowledge having seen it without the need to submit a whole response, creating unnecessary clutter. Conversations can be had and kept organized within each pulse's updates. You can pin important things at the top of each project box. Uploading files is a breeze since it syncs with your computer, Google AND Dropbox. It's so much easier than emailing files back and forth, and even just using Dropbox by itself. It keeps everything together in one place. We love the drag-and-drop feature, as we can quickly reorder our projects based on priority if needed on the fly, or move projects to different groups with no trouble. It keeps us all in the loop and up-to-date with our clients' projects, allows us to keep in-depth track of everything that transpires over the course of the project for reference purposes and accountability, and provides an at-a-glance view of our overall workload in a comprehensive, yet simple fashion. Customization is great; we have been able to cater this program to work the way we need it to without being confined by certain programming restrictions as we found with other similar programs. The way it integrates with email also helps keep our progress on point, and the ability to respond back to updates via email eliminates the confusion caused by having multiple conversations across multiple platforms. We have the freedom to make it work for us, which is what makes this tool so invaluable to our company and to our success.

Heidi Daly

Great tool for tracking projects

Reviewed 2018-02-28
Review Source: Software Advice

If your department is struggling with lists, excel spreadsheets and other schedules that are all never accessible in one area, then this is a tool you must consider. You can make the different boards however you would like and it really does allow your team to get better organized and this is accessible from anywhere which is a HUGE plus. It is a great product and I hope to see more advancements and features added in the near future.This was a great tool for my department to help manage numerous projects and allow everyone to easily adjust the status and schedule for all of our marketing efforts. It helped streamline all of our projects into one area for viewing and my department could show sales our forecast for email campaigns, print/web ads and internal company marketing materials we had planned. The software is very user friendly and can be customized as needed. Before this tool, we had excel spreadsheets and/or schedules that were all in a variety of places and made it hard to visually show our entire marketing schedule.

Renee DiCerbo

implementation has been easy and simple, displays and dashboards are visually interesting

Reviewed 2017-11-10

It provides us with visibility to all the projects the members of our team are currently and in the future, working on. This allows us to see capacity among our team and to report the various projects and their status to our leadership.The ability to use colors, set up our projects the way we want to, flexibility of the system, customer support has been responsive and helpful, online help is very useful and organized well with a great search feature

Christine Theriot

There's isn't a price I wouldn't pay for this kind of efficiency

Reviewed 2016-11-16

After spending gratuitous amounts of time searching for time/project management software options and coming to a dead end many many times, it was beyond refreshing to encounter monday.com for so many reasons! Every single other project management tool not only seemed like our team would be reluctant to use it, but we were exhausted of putting our focus in excel sheet after excel sheet to hold members accountable for their to-dos. monday.com allowed not only allowed an accountable, easy-to-use software to help streamline our processes, but we could finally visually MANAGE an entire company's roadmap for A-Z. Our eCommerce company is and forever will be eternally grateful for monday.com- thank you for putting things in perspective - from both a team POV and a management POV!-Easy to use -Visual -Constantly updated -Great customer service -Package options -Not an excel based service -Can be filtered to desired visibility (lower sales doesn't need to see management unless desired, warehouse doesn't need to see accounting if desired) -Highly customizable -Cross-functional -Desktop notifications are helpful

Angus Hay

Wow. Just...wow!

Reviewed 2016-09-24

This is a fantastic system. I've tried around 200 project systems and I have very specific requirements. monday.com not only meets those requirements, but makes my job a LOT easier. At any given point I'll have around 50-100 fairly complex projects and an endless to-do list - I could NOT manage these without monday.com. I recommend this system regularly to my clients.Incredibly easy to use and set up. Customisable to suit the requirements of most businesses. New features and improvements get launched regularly. The support team are incredibly helpful and friendly. A fantastic way of communicating with a team about projects. Really helps with organisation.

Thomas Berntzen

monday.com- Simplifying complicated processes

Reviewed 2016-11-02

For our company we have a lot of sales orders which can be active for several years before completion. It is imperative for us to keep track of key development using monday.com. It is visual and easy to manage. We use it at as a tool to provide an overview that is not possible in our production system. We use several main boards describing different phases of an order providing a linear approach to our orders. Where the order/pulse is moved through these phases/boards we can keep track of new key development. The last phase is constructed as a database were we store all our pulses/orders which provides great traceability. monday.com is a highly versatile system letting you design/tailor your own approach to project management.- Visual approach - Two clicks away from the deepest level of the system - Versatility - Easy to tailor to own needs

Anonymous

One of the best project management tool I have used so far.

Reviewed 2018-05-04

It save time for my project planification and organization for the work of my team. We improved our productivity and communication flow.Monday is very customizable and useful to track many little tasks as well as big projects. It could be use in a simple or complex way to suits your specific needs. The user interface is easy to use/navigate and looks good. For me, the best feature in Monday is definitely the search and filters. No matter how many boards/pulses/projects/users you have, you can find the info you need quickly. Moreover, the customer service is awesome and reachable. Monday constantly improve the product and add new features.

Yura Sherman

Just a perfect project management software

Reviewed 2018-05-15

The best thing about Monday is the design. All of the common business processes are streamlined and are presented as boards made of rows and columns. Each row is a separate task, and each column is a component of the task: be it status, date, task owner or anything else. There are ready made templates for common processes: project management, recruiting, marketing outreach and many others. This way, there is one straightforward to manage different processes and collaborate with the team or with multiple teams. Collaboration is also implemented in an intuitive way: just mention the relevant team member by name in a task or a comment, and they will receive a notification in their inbox. Overall, Monday is a fantastically well-designed product and it makes managing projects and tasks to be fun again!

Amanda Lewis

Completely Changed How We Organize our Business (for the better)!

Reviewed 2016-11-15

We are a small restaurant group with many team members who work remotely across our locations. monday.com has completely changed the way we are able to communicate quickly and efficiently on projects and day-to-day tasks both inside and outside our restaurants. We have organized all of our information onto our boards allowing each team member to catch up on the status of other member's projects. Our communication and organization has increased greatly. We have used monday.com to streamline our new location opening and look forward to archiving and copying our task board as we continue to expand. We enjoy the "guest" feature allowing outsiders restricted access to specific boards without sharing secure or private internal information. Overall, we are thrilled with monday.com and would recommend in a heartbeat to any business looking to better organize tasks and projects, and encourage communication among team members!Intuitive and easy to use. The features are great for manipulating boards to fit our exact needs and checklists. Love the guest feature to keep private information private, while also allowing others to participate in certain projects.

Eric Yeager

Game changing service and indispensable tool

Reviewed 2016-12-06

Monday.com is an amazing tool and service that has totally changed the way I operate and the way my coworkers and I operate. We have used it to coordinate customer needs, manage shipping and keep track of where dozens of projects are in terms of completion. I believe our recent success would have crushed us without Monday.com, it truly is something amazing. If you find your team fighting over who is in the Excel file in dropbox, consider giving Monday.com a try! Managing files and multiple users is a breeze. The way pulses operate is really nifty. It's like excel meets dropbox. You can add files to pulses, update your team as to where a project is and the search tools are robust.

Anonymous

Solid product but too many clicks to do stuff

Reviewed 2018-05-16

It was simple to setup and started out effective. I liked the timeline feature that was introduced and it was colorful enough that it was visually appealing. You can really customize it quite a bit and sometimes its easy to get carried away with all the new tabs you can add.

Stefan Bunduc

Since so far the perfect tool for organising our website projects

Reviewed 2018-05-15

I became more organised thanks to Monday1. The tool has search feature is extremely useful. I simply love the BoltSwitch (Ctrl+B) 2. Instant pop-up notifications about the last updates of the projects (very important if you recive hot news and must to implement immediately something) 3. You can easily see which members of the team saw the discussion topic 4. The "Activity Pulse" is a great way to see in a log form all the changes made by the team members 5. Responsive and fast mobile app, always in a sync with the desktop platform - it's very handy to see the status of the projects when you're not in front of the computer 6. Friendly facebook users in monday.community