Asana Logo
Asana

The work management platform to organize work across teams.

visit website

Asana Reviews

4.5

12.6K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.42/10

Reviews by rating

This has been a great management tool for our company, the integration of comms has been great and has allowed us to cut down on mails as which has been amazing.
The paid version has some excellent functionality additions like dependencies and custom labels/tags, which can be really helpful.
Overall, I love that Asana is super easy to use, but also has more advanced features when you need them.
The worst thing is that some resources are paid, which limits the use of the platform by people who cannot pay.
Sometimes tickets get lost or buried but I feel that this comes down to user error and workload management and is not so much a fault of ht software or design.
I find it very inconvenient that I can't copy tasks to another project on mobile. This is my only complaint about Asana.

12,611 reviews

Jimmie G.

Creative Director

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Asana Review: One Project Manager to Rule All

Transcript

Jimmie G.: My name is Jimmie. I'm the creative director at a small events production service in Seattle,...

Leighton F.

CEO

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

Excellent Project Management Tool

Transcript

Leighton F.: Hi, I'm Leighton, I'm a CEO and I give Asana a four out of five. For more views, click below....

James G.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

platform that improves my work performance

All my work performance improved and I have had a much better organized organization of each project for my peace of mind that I complete all my tasks within the correct delivery time.

Pros

Project delivery times have been much easier to meet since we worked with Asana, it has been a good tool to work as a team that is much more organized with each task assigned to each one, having responsibility for each task and improving performance. I can be in multiple projects and work on them at the same time and thus correct the changes that must be made with the constant monitoring that can be done.

Cons

Maybe I want them to improve customer service, it's not bad, it's just that they take a while to give answers.

SF

Shalonda F.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Asana for Supply Chain Management

Pros

The easy of using it. Its not super difficult

Cons

Of you duplicate the same task, and the. delete it, it also messes up the original.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Too Basic to adapt to my industry

Asana is not my favorite task manager but it is the most universal software I have use. Ideally, I would like only one software to manage everything. I do see Asana growing and adding more to its features in the future. They have potential.

Pros

Asana can easily integrate to several different softwares. Its also highly customizable to meet anyone's task management needs.

Cons

Asana is very limited in its capabilities. In need to use a different software for secure file storage, and meeting scheduler. The AI features are still in the development stage I am hoping they can add more features in the future.

Faz Y.

Information Services, 11-50 employees

Brickflow loves Asana

Fantastic so far! Love the UI/UX and also love the integrations great for our company!

Pros

We love the integrations and how seamlessely it auto saves everything we do. We love how easy it is to collaborate and how well thought out the UI/UX is. We also love prioritisation features and how forms filter in so seamlessely

Cons

We would like some Jira like features like tickets to be built in rather than using customisation as a means to create a system like it.

TD

TANILLE D.

Maritime, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Asana has replaced every calendar, to do list, budgeting spreadsheet, and time cards.

It is brilliant software for any business. Time and resource management are the arteries and veins of this program.

Pros

Within a few hours, I was able to build out a heavy project from start to finish. I can adjust easily along the way. It is shareable with stakeholders, the team, management, and sometimes inspectors. As a manager, I fall back on Asana for every project, big and small. I've used it on 500k projects, and I've also used it for exercise routines, party planning, and even a personal 5-year plan.

Cons

It should be affordable for single use. Perhaps offer five projects a month at $6.99 or cheaper for individuals who want to use the software for personal projects outside of work.

YS

Yusuf S.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Great for Project Management and Tracking

Great experience so far, lots of buy in from across the org.

Pros

- Easy UI - Slick interface to quickly post updates and upload attachments

Cons

- It wasn't the most intuitive product to use from day 1 - A bit of onboarding required - Not a fan of the colour scheme (but maybe that can be changed)

RK

Renata K.

Commercial Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Good tool for management

Good experience. The team was involved and was attending the expectations

Pros

Easy setup, notifications, design and training

Cons

I didn’t find easy to Manage and track the flow

Thinoshani P.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Asana: The Project Management Tool That Transformed Our Workflow

Overall, the experience with Asana tends to be positive for our users, with its flexibility, functionality, and collaborative features.

Pros

Overall, customizable fields seem to be a favourite because it empower users to transform Asana into a task management system that perfectly reflects our work style and project requirements.

Cons

Unlike some project management tools, Asana doesn't offer true version control for tasks or projects. This can make it difficult to track changes and revert to previous versions if needed.

Telecommunications, 1-10 employees

Does the basics well

Positive but I have had to limit my expectations of what the system does for my business to just task management

Pros

Excellent at task management for me and my team

Cons

Would like to be able to capture more detail. Eg auto log emails

Yunus Emre T.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Efficient Tool to Use

Pros

Perfect tools for Team colloboration Useful task assignment feature

Cons

It sometimes might work slower than usual because of high volume

Michael D.

Government Administration, 51-200 employees

Great task-management and collaboration tool

It's a breeze to use and it enables our busy publishing team of 10 to collaborate and stay on top of our day-to-day. It also gives me the paper trail I need for quarterly and annual reporting. Highly recommended.

Pros

It's very easy to implement and to onboard new users. The interface is attractive and very intuitive. New features are appearing every few months - the recently added Portfolio/Workload feature is brilliant. Now I get the Gantts I need to monitor my team's workload and our many projects.

Cons

Being able to estimate hours per task would make Workload even more useful. Keyword search (for completed tasks/projects etc.) can be a little flakey.

JS

Jillian S.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Best Project Management Platform

My team manages Marketing Campaigns and Design Projects with Asana - we did a trial with Monday.com and ended up staying with Asana because of the over all features and capability of the platform along with ease of daily use...Asana is by far the most user friendly task management platform available!

Pros

I have recently optimized my team Asana usage by increasing the number of projects they can manage on their own in addition to Admin view / reporting...these optimizations were a GAME CHANGER for me as the administrator and manager of up to 15 Asana users. It takes a bit if playing around with features but everyday my team is becoming more efficient through their Asana project and task management.

Cons

The only thing that could have swayed me to rate this platform a full 10/10 would be the Customer Support. There is no "live chat" feature with Asana which makes it incredibly difficult and TIME CONSUMING for the clients to research and dig around the articles and forums to find answers for them selves. I'm a millennial and do a ton of research before I get to the point of frustration in not finding what I need so it takes A LOT for me to seek out a response from support. My answers are not easily found and I spent about 3 weeks trying to figure features out on my own - "live chat" with support would get this to 10/10.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

Robust Project Management Software for Creative Agency

Asana has allowed our business to become so much more streamlined, and we no longer worry about dropping balls or missing deadlines. We have been able to accomplish so much more work because of our organization within Asana.

Pros

Asana has been integral to our business in the last few years -- the platform allows for robust content / project management. We are a small design and web development agency, and we're finally able to track our projects from first inquiry to project close. Asana has been an amazing tool for keeping our processes efficient and transparent, and we've set up teams shared with some clients so that they too can be aware of our progress on their projects. We've also been doing all this using the free version -- we briefly tried a demo of the paid tier, but we found that for our small (and somewhat change-averse) team, the free version has virtually everything we need.

Cons

There are some elements of Asana that are surprisingly inflexible -- we'd love to have more color options to differentiate our projects and tags, rather than having to use the same 16 colors, for example. And the email notifications are not great -- they send more than is necessary, and they're not very customizable. Asana's customer support team is responsive, but all the requests we have appear to also have been in the request queue for years.

Danny C.

Internet, 201-500 employees

Asana is a solid project management web app but advanced features come at a cost

We use Asana to get organized and stay organized across teams. The ability to stitch together workflows between Asana and other web apps makes it a very flexible tool in our tech stack.

Pros

The ease of setting up multiple projects and the ability to assign teams to different projects at the same time. The combination of input forms, gantt charts, calendar views, and kanban board are really powerful and useful for different types of projects. Integration with other apps such as Zapier, HubSpot are key.

Cons

The user interface is too complex and overwhelming. Errant clicks create new tasks and archives unfinished tasks because almost the entire screen area is clickable for one function or another. Advanced features that make tools more useful such as a more advanced input form with logic jumps require a more premium tier of subscription.

EM

Emily M.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Made scaling my podcast agency so easy!

I've been using Asana for years for a number of different purposes. I really appreciate the broad feature set and the fact that the Asana team continues to improve the system, without completely overhauling how the whole thing works and looks. The consistency has been so good!

Pros

Using Asana made it possible to create a repeatable process that anyone on my team can follow and implement. That means that we're able to scale rapidly and bring on new clients without panicking that we won't be able to handle the new workload. We absolutely love that each client is managed via their own project, and within each project we have their entire podcast calendar mapped out for the year ahead. This is essential so that we can plan team workload, and know when to hire.

Cons

The only thing I wish was available is a calendar view for each project that lists subtasks. Since each client has a primary task for each episode, and sub-tasks are listed underneath that, it would be great to use the drag and drop feature for subtasks easily in one view for that specific project.

Roldan A.

Design, 11-50 employees

Best choice or good alternative

Good! Asana is not as difficult to get the hand out with. I did manage to set-up all my tasks and projects personally. Though, I haven't used it for a long time when I did tested Monday.com.

Pros

I can bet in all of Asana's features from Task management, Scheduling, Materials management, Gantt Charts, Collaborations and the likes. Save for time tracking which is not (yet) available. The Free Pricing however, is generous enough to collaborate with up to 10 or 15 more individuals. Other top PMS has less to nothing - or just one user allowed.

Cons

User Interface. Asana needs to improve on there user interface to be at par with Monday.com. I've been using Monday and never looked back (except maybe if someday they will overrun Monday with features. Time Tracking. This one matters for some users, specially freelancers and online nomads alike. Just wondering why this wasn't integrated just yet. Set-up. It wasn't that easy to get started for non-techie users. So patience a virtue. Though PMS are understandably complicated, Monday take the pie in this domain.

Human Resources, 11-50 employees

Manage projects online and collaborate easily with the Asana solution

In the end, I recommend researching and trying Asana for yourself to determine if it's the right project management tool for your needs.

Pros

I've used the Asana solution to manage several projects over the course of my career. From experience, I can say that this tool guarantees ease of use, allowing me to delegate tasks and track the progress of my team's work without getting in the way. The software enables my staff to meet deadlines for the completion of activities. In short, thanks to this online project management and collaboration solution, we've been able to increase our productivity.

Cons

Despite all the good things I think of the Asana management tool, I find that its interface could be less cluttered with options, as this aspect often poses difficulties for my team members. Indeed, my collaborators have difficulty finding and using some of the platform's specific functionalities.

AH

Adam H.

Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees

Great Tool for Progress Tracking and Group Collaboration

We have been able to streamline group organization and collaboration into a single source. Asana has helped to keep current lists of project related tasks, and ensure team members are aware of, and completing tasks by the given completion target dates. Asana has also helped to reduce email clutter caused from frequent 'back and forth' emails for small comments between team members by providing a single location to comment on, and update statuses of tasks. Overall, Asana has been a great tool that has provided a significant positive change in the way we communicate and track project statuses in our team.

Pros

The excellent user interface provides for a clean and organized way to add tasks to your list, edit tasks, and cross tasks off when completed. As I primarily use this software for business purposes for collaboration with team members within my office, it is a one-stop-shop that has eliminated paper checklists, sticky notes, and "to-do" lists, by combining all of these in a slick web interface. The...

Cons

The major downside to Asana used in a working environment is that tasks can't be assigned priorities, which can result in frequent check-ins on the list to ensure you are prioritizing tasks properly. A color-coded priority method would be extremely helpful in elevating high priority tasks above the rest. As Asana is a cloud-based software, latency can sometimes be an issue resulting in a delay in typing and moving between projects and tasks, though this is only a minor convenience.

OS

Odette S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Intuitive, Powerful, and Beautiful To Do App

Asana has allowed our office to both keep extremely flexible and extremely specific project to-do lists. It also allows us to keep our conversations about an issue or project in one place, archived for all time. Additionally, we are able to keep reference information about each project in Asana, creating one central place to check for details, status, and tasks on each project.

Pros

Asana is extremely easy to implement in an office. The design is clean and intuitive and feels very familiar and easy to use from Day 1. Love the ability to create tracking boards or lists, depending on what my need is; and the ability to switch between both of these views is a huge plus. The animations are a delight. Love the Chrome and Gmail plug-ins, I use those multiple times a day. I liked Asana so much that I implemented it at home to keep our family on track and organized.

Cons

I wish there was the ability to personalize the skin of the app more -- different backgrounds for the desktop, stickers. I also wish that Asana could integrate with electronic planners to replace their to-do list function.

GM

Giovanni M.

Internet, 11-50 employees

Very Useful and Affordable Project Management Software

My overall experience as a Business Development Specialist using Asana is really great. It was introduced to me and my colleague back in October of 2020. We are able to consolidate all of our task progress reports from many spreadsheets and offline notepads. We are able to spend more on planning our strategy and action plans because of lots of time that we are able to save with this business tool. It’s a good software I can recommend for both starters and existing companies who're struggling with project management and task assignments. Even beginners can easily adapt to this because of tips appearing on the screen, I believe those are really designed as tutorials for new users. The only thing is that we haven’t tried yet if it works if there will be 10 or more collaborators.

Pros

-Easily pull-up my assigned task and my colleagues tasks in one work-space -It serve as Masterlist for all of the tasks assigned to me and to my co-worker by our superiors -On management perspective, you can easily check and find the specific persons/members assigned on projects and each task within.

Cons

-There is a chance that some users may find its user interface non-user friendly and kind of boring especially those that are not on the management side. -Using multiple workspaces is a bit confusing, but It can be resolved if there will be a feature to customize the position of tabs or group of tabs. -Still require serious planning for organization of workspace because it will be a mess if the administrator or project manager will just put all of the ongoing project in just one workspace. They should be grouped or properly arranged according to which the task is associated.

Grace D.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

EXCELLENT task management, but not worth paying for Premium features.

Pros

Before using ASANA, we seem to always be saying were is that file again? or I can't find that in my email? With ASANA we can organize, and simplify many tasks while also keeping everything in the same, nicely designed, place. The interface is relatively easy to navigate, and just takes some playing around to understand. Also, ASANA has a great app so its easy to have everything you need always at hand. The...

Cons

Premium features are not worth . They don't significantly improve the functionality, and are not worth going. The only draw is the free account only allows 15 members. ASANA should offer a cheaper subscription for teams who just need more than 15 members, but are not interested in the cost of the premium features. Here are some things that need work 1 Can't assign a task to more than one person...

CP

Ck P.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Great at workflow and project management

Pros

The first thing you notice is its clean and modern UI. Don't let that fool you, because once you start playing around, you will notice that it's feature-rich. It covers most project/task/workflow management and tracking needs. Even after using it on daily basis for almost 2 years, I am still finding new functionality that greatly enhances the user experience. It is also highly customizable for your needs. The best feature it offers is the timeline view that allows managing dependencies a breeze. It has free and paid versions. For small teams or for personal use, you can easily get away with the free version with pretty much all the same features as the paid version.

Cons

One thing I hate about Asana is email notifications. While you can customize them, they feel very spammy when you start out and they are not well organized. They make finding relevant information hard enough that you are better off visiting the full website instead. You can have nested subtasks, which is a great feature. However, organizing and sorting them is not possible without 3rd party assistance. This makes it pretty much unusable if you are dealing with hundreds of subtasks.

VP

Vassilis P.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

An efficient and feature-rich tool for complete project planning and management

To make a long story short, Asana is a time-saver for us; it allows our team to be more efficient, facilitates collaboration with remotely-working colleagues, and allows us to put our focus on the most urgent tasks, as we have the option to prioritize our work in various ways using Asana. Its flexibility in terms of customization allows us to bring Asana to the specific needs of a project (and not vice-versa). Another benefit is that we manage to reduce the number of emails we used to exchange, as most of project related communication takes place within Asana using comments that mention one or more team members - as a heads-up. After about 6 years of using Asana for various purposes, we can confirm that it has helped us move things forward with our work.

Pros

Our company is activated in Information Technologies and manages a large number of projects at any time. We use Asana for project planning, management and monitoring, as it has a clear structure for projects and tasks within projects, which is crucial for us. Asana is one of the most flexible tools we have used, allowing us to easily digitize our project structure without compromises. We set up the...

Cons

If there was one thing we could complain about Asana is data export: Despite the fact that our company employs developers, we have a hard time exporting the data / fields we need. For example, one of our teams uses Asana for tracking the communication with existing and potential customers. We have put a lot of thought and effort in setting up the forms ands custom fields in tasks. However, when trying to export using Asana's API, there are numerous issues leading to unformatted data etc.

Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees

Easy to use, great for accountability

Our company has increased our ability to provide clients with deliverables. We have been able to say we meet deadlines. We also have not sacrificed quality and have been given the ability to focus on that rather than focusing on tasks/timelines.

Pros

It works for both my visually creative people and my operational people. It allows ease of mind for myself when assigning tasks to others. It's also easy to use for those who aren't "tech savvy" or who struggle with learning new things. They provide a lot of insight into how to use/customize the software for your organization. Having implemented it across my organization in the "premium" version, we...

Cons

It was hard to find information on the premium version in a way that showed me exactly what it did. Eventually, a person contacted me by email and provided me with a webinar, but I couldn't find the same webinar on their site which was a little frustrating. Their customer support has gotten better, but it still needs a little work (chat is great, but would love a dedicated account director). Still...

CL

Charissa L.

51-200 employees

Asana has been a game-changer for our design and marketing teams!

Pros

As a Project Manager at a mid-sized software company, I HAVE to have a big picture overview of all work being done: who is doing what, when the deadlines are, and when tasks are completed and approved. And, I need to be able to see what's going on from anywhere at any time. Before we started using Asana, it was incredibly difficult to track all of our projects and I used several data silos to manage...

Cons

It would be nice if the interface was more customizable for the purpose of displaying data in ways that would be most helpful for each individual user. Currently the display (of projects and task lists) is fairly inflexible, but, it's very easy to use. Asana does not have gantt charts or any micro level management tools used for budgeting, which is why I recommend using Asana for the communication and deadline aspect of projects, but NOT for carrying out PM responsibilities required for most successful projects.