Inspire Planner Reviews

Salesforce-native project management software

Inspire Planner

Review Summary

4.0

A great app that has increased efficiency across my company

Pros

Easy to use, easy to train new staff, quite intuitive. Requires very little effort to get up and running. Customer support is fantastic. They were even able to implement some custom functionality that we requested when we signed on.

Cons

The inability to have multiple people editing the project or project tasks simultaneously has caused some issues and confusion on my team.

Hi Jordan, thank you for your wonderful review! We look forward to working with you in the future!

Inspire Planner to Inspire People

it improves the teamwork in my company, leaders able to monitor the performances of the team.

Pros

Able to create and share projects timeline & update within the team. Its a great tool to track your works as well. Like the layout of project plan especially the gaatt chart, well-designed!

Cons

hope that there will be auto-saved feature as you have to save your project manually after each update. Its not smart enough to compete with other software.

Hi there, Thanks for your review. We just wanted to let you know that Inspire Planner has an autosave feature when there is no activity for 5 minutes. The reason there is no autosave while you are editing the project is because of the undo/redo feature since once you save, you cannot undo your edits. If you have any other questions or suggestions, please feel free to get in touch with us at support@inspireplanner.com Have a great day!

improveit 360 - End User Review

My company did not appoint a leader to roll this out so no one was trained or in charge of this new feature. I clearly realize this is on my company to roll this out but I want to ensure that Inspire Planner is pushing for this model. The model to have us be successful and have someone fully trained.

Pros

I like the detail of each event and how things are dependent on one another.

Cons

This is not customer facing, i'm not able to share with my clients the phases of their project or where they are with overall completion. I can certainly add them as a collaborator but in the overall grand scheme of things this doesn't show the customer what they have completed or the % of completion. Overall, it's not client facing to my customers.

Hi Kevin, I'm sorry you are not getting an optimal user experience from Inspire Planner. Any time you have questions or issues, please reach out to our support team (support@inspireplanner.com) and we will be happy to assist. Also, we are now offering an onboarding package with all new signups. Best, Thai

very positive and use this tool for every project big and small

too many to describe

Pros

The Software is really easy to use. The software keeps me on track with my various projects. The software is very intuitive

Cons

I really dont have any issues with the software there are features that i would like to see but nothing that i dont like

Hi Marla, thanks a lot for taking the time to write such a nice review about Inspire Planner! Glad to hear that you are happy with our app!

Effective Tool with Good Features

After using the inspire planner app for a couple of months, I have had a great experience, and we are currently planning to roll it out to the rest of my company as our primary PM tool. Their customer service and support is excellent, and the app strikes a great balance between having enough features to be effective but not so many that it is hard to use or understand.

Pros

I like the fact that this tool integrates with Salesforce tasks as a native application. Often apps come with their own sets of objects and this makes adoption more difficult, but project managers are able to assign tasks and subordinates see those show up just like any other Salesforce task. The portfolio view is also quite effective for project managers at gaining a great perspective of project progress, delays, and resource allocation. Finally, the ability to assign project tasks to users who do not have a license is a great feature that allows us to work with partners rather than be limited to our internal users.

Cons

It is a challenge to structure operational tasks, as opposed to project tasks, since these also use resources but are not specific to any particular project. You are able to create a generic project to put these in, but this is not always a perfect solution.

Inspire Planner review

Its great to see burning issues when looking into a project and the time tracker helps tracking time in a better way

Pros

The notifications sent and we can easily input our time sheet against the tasks created in Time Tracker

Cons

The Saving functionality in Inspire Planner Project Plan. To save we need to specifically click on save button and I feel if we by mistake come out of the window without saving it should save the changes.

Useful for Project Management within Salesforce, but could be better integrated

It's a great, great way to manage projects within Salesforce. We had been using smartsheets previously but there was major difficulty getting them to communicate with Salesforce. Also, the nonprofit pricing of Inspire Planner is incredible! We wouldn't otherwise be able to use software such as this.

Pros

That it allows our construction team to manage projects within Salesforce so the rest of the staff can stay up to date and details don't get lost in communication. The gantt chart in particular is well designed.

Cons

It is clumsy and sometimes poorly integrated; for example, you have to remember to save your edits to a project. Also, projects are difficult to connect to contractors and there is no where to just save files associated with a project. We'd like to be able to have a folder within a project with important documents, but there is no where to do this except to attach them to tasks which makes them hard to find and review. Another example of the clumsiness is that when you go to assign a task to a contact you have to search for them, select them, and then select them again. There are a bunch of small issues such as this.

Still Learning

We've been using Inspire Planner for about a month now and so far it's been very helpful. The task reminders have kept us on track and we'll be able to create efficiencies in the future when looking back on the steps we used (i.e. Holiday Party planning). The option of only allowing certain tasks to be viewed/edited by other collaborators is also great.

Pros

We were looking for a software that we could create and share projects with other members. Inspire Planner has been great and is helping us stay on track with our tasks.

Cons

We experienced some issues when creating projects. The emails sent to the collaborators were blank. Customer service informed us that it was a bug they were working on and has since been resolved.

Inspire Planner Review

We needed a project planner and with constant contact with Inspire Planner's team we were able to implement the software as a viable solution.

Pros

The customer support team was very responsive and helpful

Cons

Took a bit to tailor to our company needs

Not loving it

Pros

The layout of project plans is nice. The ability to assign tasks to both a person and a category is helpful.

Cons

Everything is very manual. I wish there were more automated ways to use certain features. Website is a little glitch-y both in the lightening version and the classic version. There are too many permissions to assign users.

Hi Andrea, Thank you for your feedback. We are kicking off a new project with your team to implement some automation to help improve your processes. Looking forward to seeing how this automation will improve your efficiency. Best, Thai

Great Product - Very well thought out

Great product, great people.

Pros

The ability to share information both to Salesforce users and non-Salesforce users is a great way to quickly give people the ability to see the status of every project. At the same time, connecting project tasks to Salesforce is a great way to make sure that the status is up to date.

Cons

There are a handful of features that would be great to see (work breakdown structure, ability to add and label custom columns). The one significant gap that I see is that it doesn't allow you to designate non-working holidays so that they are taken into account. There are manual work around that you can do, but ideally you want the software to do that for you.

Great tool for project management

Great tool for collaborating on project management initiatives.

Pros

Ease of use and prompt customer service response

Cons

end user customizability and integration/compatibility with other productivity and cloud platforms (i.e. slack, google drive, etc..)

What the program lacked in features was made up by fantastic customer service!

Pros

personalized & fast customer service easy to install & implement across our team broad range of applicable features

Cons

not very easy to use doesn't manage projects for outside contributors & contractors doesn't sync easily outside of salesforce

Thanks for your review, Melanie! It's great to hear that our users are happy not only with our app, but also with our customer support! About the outside contributors, we have a dedicated portal for external users and contacts where you can share your projects with them. Moreover, you don't have to pay anything additionally for it, because this portal is already included in the license cost!

Inspire Planner - Review

A good start a much too learn. I may not be aware of some of the merge or reminder options yet.

Pros

The fact that it manages tasks in our sales force instance.

Cons

A few issues with tasks syncing between Inspire Tasks and SF Tasks. When tasks are due a reminder is sent if predecessor tasks are not yet complete. Would like a better option for merging tasks from One Project into another.

Hi Michael, Thank you for your feedback. Our product team would love to hear more about your ideas around task merging. We will follow up for more details. Best, Thai

Comprehensive tool helps improve productivity

Pros

The user interface is easy to use with little to no training required. I am a casual user had easily able to pickup where I left off.

Cons

No Data

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! That's great to hear that Inspire Planner helps you to be more productive!

Very difficult to use

Poor.

Pros

The idea of it is great but it doesn't work like you would expect.

Cons

The actual product is pretty bad. Very difficult to navigate, push out dates, set tasks, export etc.

I'm sorry for your experience. Maybe some additional training would be helpful. Please feel free to reach out to support@inspireplanner.com for any assistance. Best, Thai

Super intuitive

Pros

It is a very easy way for my team to keep track of project statuses. The platform is simple to navigate, and their account reps are really helpful!

Cons

Believe it or not -- I haven't found yet anything I don't like!

Very easy, straightforward product. Excellent customer service. I do wish there were more features.

Able to take our make-shifts project plan and convert it to an easy-to-use object within Salesforce. Also, the ability to assign task directly to users is great.

Pros

Cons

Needs more features and a more engaging user interface. Other than that, it's pretty good. No other complaints.

Thanks, Ryan, we really appreciate your review! It is a pleasure working with you, and helping you be more successful! Meanwhile, we've added quite a lot of features recently, which I am sure you are already enjoying!

Useful but needs a lot of Customization and Development for specific use

Pros

The ability to populate charts showcasing time spent on projects, tasks, etc

Cons

While linked to Salesforce, it requires special development for you to fully utilise all the possible features