Instagantt Reviews

User ratings

4.3

• Likelihood to recommend8.3/10

See full reviews by rating

I have often recommended this software to people working in the social impact sector, even it's free version is SUPERB.
Asana and Instagantt integration is great and works well. I like best the baseline tracking / snapshots that can be custom branded and private links can be sent to customers.
Seems to be the only product of its kind which has this ease of use and not too much complexity for single person use. It is good for research project planning and keeping on top of daily goals.
Sometimes so slow that it's hard to load at all. This is apparently to do with Instagantt reading subtasks in subtasks (in subtasks), but it's such a problem that we nearly had to stop using it.
The inability to view only by weeks and days. Inability to write changes back to Asana.
Feel difficult to synchronize with Asana. Often fail with it to re-input the task information.

Instagantt users...

Microsoft Excel-logocaret

Microsoft Excel

Asana-logocaret

Asana

How would you rate Instagantt?

Instagannt review

Transcript

Meenaz K.: My name is Meenaz. I'm a business process analyst. I would rate Instagantt a 5. For more reviews,...

Instagantt Review

Pros

The fact that you can copy a project to create a new one is great. We perform several projects at once, and it's much easier to track them in Instagantt compared to the other tools we use.

Cons

No 2FA. This is huge. Main reason I'm writing this review. I'm surprised that out of all the project management solutions out there, there is no multi-factor set up. Most people looking for a solution like this are using it for a business aspect. We are considering using a sole platform for all of our project time-lines, and Instagantt was in the mix before we found out that it did not offer 2FA.

It's great but...

Good

Pros

Simplicity Interface Connection with Asana

Cons

No desktop application Collaboration still needs to be developed

Project Management for the modern world

I looked at 10 other software tools including Microsoft project, project manager. Com, Gantt charts galore, airtable, Monday and many other tasking solutions this is the best product for creating schedules based on multiple dependent tasks that is easily used as a weekly meeting go to system and not just hidden on printouts and white boards.

Pros

the user experience, ease-of-use, layout, performance, real-time nature, multi-user capability is all perfect for a modern organization.

Cons

they're working on their integrations and we could use slack and collaboration tool integration and I'm sure that will be coming in a new feature according to the company.

Datanate

Very pleased with the product.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to view the overall plattorm

Cons

Don't have a application to download for offline use as well as an app feature for on the move management. We predominantly use this to keep tabs on our team members whom are working remotely.

A project management system which just gets better and better

Instagantt solves all of my Gantt chart and project management system needs. It isn't ridiculously expensive and that makes it accessible for SOHO businesses. The support team are top-notch and resolve things quickly. New feature requests are also taken onboard.

Pros

Gantt chart set up is a breeze Import facility makes onboarding from another system much less of a headache Export/sharing facility is great and much better than a simple screen-grab

Cons

Moving multiple tasks at once isn't supported, which is a shame The import facility could be better if it had a template which allowed tasks and subtasks to be imported

Great software for it's price

great experience overall - easy and fast

Pros

ease of use + fast and easy synchronisation with asana, great export to ms exel charts

Cons

scaling the picture of the gantt exported to jpg/pdf is not the best right now - I would recommend to work on this little but important feature. it would be great to add something like dynamic compression of the lenght and widht of the project if it takes longer period of time it is difficult to show such a project in clear picture with names

A simple and convinient alternative to MS Project

Convinient. I like it. It suits well for my simple projects with a team of 3-5 members and project length 1-6 weeks.

Pros

Simplicity, intuitive drag&drop interface, not overloaded buy different buttons and features On-Click. Only what I really need at the moment and on the current page.

Cons

1. I'm unable to split task on two or three or ten parts. If I put a task on hold (which is usual situation during any project) I have to create a new one on a new line and name it like Task Part 2, Part 10. That's unconvinient and creates much trash and disorder. 2. Weekends. Yes, You have a setting wether a project goes on on weekends or not. But what if I want to work on weekend during a non-weekend project? Or, vice-versa, I don't want to work on a single weekend on a straight project? I have to split tasks again. These 2 points has the same roots - Instagantt definitely needs an option to split tasks. And it is an urgent modification as far as without it it is just a semy-gantt chart.

Project Manangement Made Easy

Instagantt pairs with Asana, at least our company has these two programs integrated with each other. Therefore, with the entire company on Asana, I can utilize Instagantt from a scheduling perpective and edits take place live and quickly. A very good tool to keep an organized project moving from start to finish.

Pros

As a Project Engineer, I am building out Gantt charts, reviewing and revising, and presenting to cross-functional teams on a weekly basis. Instagantt allows me to cleanly and easily construct and convey critical information on projects from start to finish.

Cons

It takes a bit of time to understand the "ins and outs" of this software/app; however, once you get the hang of things, Instagantt can turns into a robust tool. I suppose that just comes with the territory, the learning of a powerful project management tool's specific jargain.

Helen's Review

production planning

Pros

This software has ease of use, applicable and cheaper.

Cons

none so far. I will email or write feedback once I have found one.

Perfect plugin for Asana

I really like Instagannt is a perfect plugin for Asana. I use it to manage several resources along several projects.

Pros

It is the perfect plugin for ASANA heavy users. With instagantt is possible to manage several with a pool of engineers (which is my case), this way I can manage the proper resources in time. If you have ASANA always updated, instagantt will offer a perfect panorama of all your projects. Free version is very useful, but once you pay you can have a bigger panorama of all projects.

Cons

Could be great to be able to export to other extensions such as MS Project in order to be able to share to customers or providers PM. Android app could be welcome. Even though Im the only PM in my team which use it, could be great to have some collaborations features.

Simple web application for everyday team planning

Great improvemenst compared to OpenProject. Data always there, no need to install application

Pros

Web access is most important for our team

Cons

We would like to have more options to print/publish gantt charts, list of activities for particular user...

Allow to create group based on projects from different workspaces

Pros

It combines perfectly with Asana for users who cannot afford an Asana license. The export options are very useful.

Cons

It really is a pity that the paid version, which allows to create groups of projects, does not allow those groups to integrate projects coming from more than one workspace. This is a limitation in Asana too: you cannot integrate your tasks from all the workspaces to which you participate. I already provided this suggestion to Instagantt 2 years ago, but I do not think that it has been taken into consideration, although the reply I received at the time was very positive. The lack of possibility to create a 'group' based on projects coming from more than one workspace was a deal breaker for me to purchase the paid version of Instagantt. If at anytime you integrate this function, I will shift to the paid version.

Great tool

Coming from older softwares it looks much better, and include a lot of options that we as a team were looking for.

Pros

Its easy to use, friendly and intuitive so the learning curve is low

Cons

now a days this should be 100% on-line collaborative, like a sharing document (Google drive or Miro) it is a little bit overloaded, not sure yet about the use of color... may be too much colors.. the drill down and tasks looks like a little bit hidden

We need more oprions ad stability....

Pros

Integration with ASANA Group of Users (there are a loto of BUGS and we are waiting a stable version) Public Snapshots

Cons

There are a lot BUGS like in the Group of Users. When you connect more task it would be useful to be able to block the type of connection: End- Start / Start-Start / End-End, this feature il necessary because if you move task in workload the type change. In the workload we can move the task even if this is connected with a next locked task.

I love Instagantt

I'm quite satisfied but the aesthetics of Instagantt may need improvement.

Pros

When managing a beast of a project (like an impact evaluation), having a visual timeline with dependencies is extremely useful. When one task's deadline changes, all other deadlines follow suit and Instagantt allows you to do that with one click. It's great. It's also linked to Asana so it makes it a perfect combo.

Cons

Sometimes the print outs are not the best but you can now share a live link with your team so they're constantly updated with where this project stands.

Software for activities planning very easy to use

Instagantt allows me to keep activity plans updated daily in an easy and fast way. Since this is a cloud software, using my portable PC, I directly update the plan in the workplace of the members of the team. This is not possible with other planning software installed on the PC.

Pros

- Very easy to use - Cloud software that allow access everywhere - Customer support

Cons

Nothing. The software is ok. In my opinion it works very well as it is now.

Simple and Practical

Can show clients on the project timeline easily, and can compose timeline for our upcoming projects.

Pros

Simple and Practical to our use cases. Pretty fast to make a very complicated timeline. Saves my time a lot. You can say the chemistry match with me personally. I feel very easy using it, but my colleague prefers Trello. So now we are using Instagantt for a definite project, but for products with indefinite timeline, we use Trello cards.

Cons

Well, unfortunately the payment cannot use my company credit card. Because Stripe Payment system got a red alarm by the bank somehow.

I was pleasantly surprised how quick and easy it is to use

Pros

Ease of use, speed and it’s very realisable

Cons

I wish I could print it a little easier. My site managers being able to have more programmes on the free account.

View workloads and projects at a glance

I really enjoy using Instagantt and would recommend it for someone looking for a Gantt program to use with Asana! It works much better than Asana's built-in Gantt tool.

Pros

Instagantt's integration with Asana has been a lifesaver! Being able to view multiple projects in Gantt view or workload view has made my role so much easier. Combined project views allow me to view each team member's workload and adjust projects accordingly. If projects are late, it's so simple to highlight all of the tasks and to adjust the due dates accordingly.

Cons

Projects may not always sync perfectly with Asana and it can take some time to load if I am viewing a combined group of projects. Some of the features are not as intuitive and it doesn't seem to have as many software updates.

Very user friendly!

Very satisfied over the years. I'm always impressed with the steady enhancements. Well thought out user experience improvements and not buggy from what I've experienced.

Pros

The integration to Asana is really easy to set up, manage and update. The ability to make portfolio's of projects inside Instagantt has been extremely helpful.

Cons

The one feature I cannot seem to find is the ability to upload a csv/excel directly into Instagantt. Only connect projects from Asana. Import into Asana is an option but the column mapping can be convoluted. Direct import for non-asana projects would make this a truly versatile product I couldn't live without.

Works seamlessly with Asana

I needed a simple, straightforward project management software. That it integrates with Asana is icing on the cake.

Pros

This is an easy-to-use gantt chart that works seamlessly with Asana. I can plan projects on Instagantt and go back and forth to execute them. I will say that I generally make two Asana projects, one for the work plan and another for various scoping content and lists.

Cons

I have a hard time onboarding people from my company - mostly because it seems overwhelming. And most don't have experience with Gantt charts in the first place.

Good overview

Its a satisfactory product, enjoy using it and planing my projects with it. Although I sometimes get frustrated with problems mentioned before

Pros

Timeline with asana projects easy to connect and adapt, good overview. Love the group overview.

Cons

The undo and redo (Ctrl-Z) works really bad, the file corrupts itself when used. Duplicating tasks sometimes corrupts file. Auto organisation sometimes mixes everything I would really apreciate more comands

Great to use with Asana

Pros

Great integretion with Asana. Instagantt makes Asana more productive. Asana has similar functions; time line view, workload estimation and so on but Instagantt is better to use. The best comvenient feature is to share the latest gantt-chart by URL with relatives who don't have Asana account.

Cons

Sometimes it takes so long time to sync.

Good gantt-planning with worst sign-in/sign-up UX I've ever seen.

Exactly what Gantts are for — planning and making plans visually readable.

Pros

Everything about gantting is pretty good — that's a pro :)

Cons

Everything regarding user management and registration or authorization is made absolutely counterintuitive and ux-breaking. I had to make a HOWTO article in our confluence because every other project manager I've added to my team had failed the first entry. They had either used the wrong email or got in the loop that the invitation had expired or something else. Contact me for more details :)

Excellent, easy, affordable solution for project and task planning

I use Asana, but don't like the Timeline View within the app. Instagantt integrates directly with Asana, pulling in all the tasks, subtasks, dates, owners, notes, etc. The tasks are easy to read in Instagantt, and dragging/dropping to shift dates is fast. Instagantt updates Asana instantaneously so I don't have to worry about it. Instagantt is a MUST HAVE for managing projects, tasks, and operations for my team. I love it.

Pros

Super easy integration with Asana. Dragging and dropping tasks and parent tasks is intuitive and fast. And I LOVE that I can share a snapshot with my team via a link.

Cons

Dragging/dropping gantt bars (tasks, parent tasks) is sometimes is buggy.