Instagantt Reviews

Pros

Asana and Instagantt integration is great and works well. I like best the baseline tracking / snapshots that can be custom branded and private links can be sent to customers.

Justin C.

Seems to be the only product of its kind which has this ease of use and not too much complexity for single person use. It is good for research project planning and keeping on top of daily goals.

Charlotte A.

There are all the basics someone would like in a Gantt, and the UI is nice. The workload view is really nice.

Agathe S.

Cons

Sometimes so slow that it's hard to load at all. This is apparently to do with Instagantt reading subtasks in subtasks (in subtasks), but it's such a problem that we nearly had to stop using it.

Christopher T.

The inability to view only by weeks and days. Inability to write changes back to Asana.

Ashish G.

Feel difficult to synchronize with Asana. Often fail with it to re-input the task information.

Masaya D.

Best Gantt Tool Used So Far

My experience with Instagantt has mostly been good. There was an initial learning curve, but improvements to the user experience and interface have been made through the years.

Pros

It’s wonderful how Instagantt syncs with Asana to visualize our projects and allows us to share with clients.

Cons

The resource view doesn’t give us exactly what we need and want to see. We built and manage what we need in a separate spreadsheet and use Instagantt for some of the data that goes into it. Also building out dependencies correctly to where big shifts don’t mess anything up can be a bit tedious.

Feedback during usage

It works pretty well and provides the information needed.

Pros

Navigation is easy and user- friendly. Could be improved .

Cons

Changes with template layout does not sync across all web browsers, eg, Chrome and Firefox Need more options for timeline intervals Needs the ability to bold/change the colour of the text Cannot delete workbooks – only archive Adding or deleting tasks does not sync properly

View workloads and projects at a glance

I really enjoy using Instagantt and would recommend it for someone looking for a Gantt program to use with Asana! It works much better than Asana's built-in Gantt tool.

Pros

Instagantt's integration with Asana has been a lifesaver! Being able to view multiple projects in Gantt view or workload view has made my role so much easier. Combined project views allow me to view each team member's workload and adjust projects accordingly. If projects are late, it's so simple to highlight all of the tasks and to adjust the due dates accordingly.

Cons

Projects may not always sync perfectly with Asana and it can take some time to load if I am viewing a combined group of projects. Some of the features are not as intuitive and it doesn't seem to have as many software updates.

Already an awesome product / critic on high level

Pros

I really like that I can go in a very detailed level and can see this on the whole overview. I really like the easy handling of adding and changing tasks, the possibility to see the critical paths and deadlines. It makes my life easier to keep track on several projects in parallel. Notifications about deadlines would be again but this is really for lazy ones. ;)

Cons

To provide the customer a status in form of the project plan the excel export doesn´t looks that nice. I still have to adapt too much. I can´t send out a image neither as there are too many internal information. That´s why I created an additional project so far to simplify everything. I don´t like that I can add an other workpackages / section. I always have to switch to Asana to do this. It could...

First taste

Pros

I just started a free trial of this software but I'm already imprressed how easy it is to learn it, and start using it for my business.

Cons

Not ready to answer this question as I just started using this software.

Instagantt review

Pros

Instagantt adds a really solid gantt chart on top of asana task lists. Asana integration is useful. The usability is great, very intuitive features i.e. baseline overlay, auto sort by date, moving with dependencies, adding tasks directly to chart, etc etc. So many great features. Prints very well & share mode is great too.

Cons

Nothing major. Lack of a task list. I personally only use asana for it's integration with instagantt. I'd use instagantt alone if there was a task list similar to asana. Reporting isn't as strong for me. I use the progress burn up chart, but I don't resource the project through instagantt (or asana) so workload/overview aren't great for me.

Instagantt works!

Pros

It is easy to use, builds off of a solid backbone (asana) and support is transparent and what it can and can't do (don't try to build a complex project in Instagantt, build it in asana instead and then let the sync do the work)

Cons

Didn't understand how best to use it at first. FOLDERS are key, if you are managing your complex projects as sections and subtasks, don't, just pay the $5/user.

Easy gantt and lressource management

I have just been testing it for one day so far, but I like its ease of use, connectivity with Asana and the simple ressource managemetn tab.

Pros

Easy to use and connectivity with Asana....

Cons

The way we have to create depencies betwenn task is not intuitive and takes to many clicks. We should simply be able to create an arrow by cliking at the end of a task and then the begining of anither one. Would be great to integrate an asset management tab to this tool. If we could assign an asset/equipment to each task, we could the have a tab to make sur we have not planned to task at the same time on the same quipment.

great tool for the price

Pros

the price goes well with the tool perfect to use with your team of product manager

Cons

a bit difficult at the beginning to understand all features but it's just a question of habit the only issue I got was with the login and automatic email to confirm the account, and for that, I didn't saw any customer support. but now everything works and it's seems that my team will use it for a long time!

Simple web application for everyday team planning

Great improvemenst compared to OpenProject. Data always there, no need to install application

Pros

Web access is most important for our team

Cons

We would like to have more options to print/publish gantt charts, list of activities for particular user...

Looked into several Gantt options, decision based on price & simplicity but miss a few features.

I settled for Instagantt after reviewing many options, based on its price and interface. It works well but I still fear that using it with a larger team could be problematic. Will have to try an see how that goes.

Pros

First I'd like to mention that I use Instagantt to plan with Gantt charts only. Not as a management software because I think it would be too scarce for that for even a small size team. I like its price, simplicity and interface. Looked around into many and found this one to be easy to read and has a fairly compact view which I appreciate because it allows to see the big picture of the plan in one screen...

Cons

I don't like that it has almost no security options, meaning any user could easily erase or modify the plan -if not careful- and it is extremely difficult if not almost impossible to reconstruct it well. I don't like it has no way to track back the changes or information on who did what and when. Even when it is possible to create Baselines, it is too easy to erase them by any user and there is no option to lock that. The "undo" option works in strange ways sometimes and it will redo some moves but not others. Although there is a mobile view, it is almost useless: you can see a plan but it's so difficult to modify it on the go that it basically works to see very basic information only.

A great tool that can grow further

(continuing from above) a snapshot of that to share with others. But then it means that I have milestones separated from the tasks needed to achieve them... Maybe.... a "milestones only" view would solve the problem, and remove all the nitty gritty that people don't have time to look at. That could be an idea actually...!

Pros

I load Asana project onto Instagantt, from back when Asana did not have a timeline feature. I keep preferring Instagantt even now: it has a more detailed and professional feel, I can zoom out and have a bird's eye view on very complex projects (200+ tasks)..which is why I take time building out ganttcharts (don't need them for simple proejcts..)

Cons

It has a few bugs and sometimes is a bit finicky. The dependencies for example, they do not always work well and I still don't seem to have understood how tasks will react to change if they are dependent or have dependants. The view is not always very easy to read, and I sometimes need to scroll up to actually check a task against the date bar on top, to see when it's actually starting/ending (Yes,...

Rizzos review

Pros

I'm the only one in my company using this. I use it because I personally find it helpful. It was very easy to get started due to the free trial, and the link to Asana. After using Asana with Instagantt for a while it became clear that I didn't need Asana anymore. So for the past couple years, I've only used Instagantt. For me, the biggest benefit is the visibility of my project timelines and how they affect each other. I will admit that I am not using this software to its fullest. Probably far from it. However, I am interested in learning how and have just recently started inputting estimated hours for my tasks. My goal with that is to see if I'm overbooking myself and to get better an estimating hours for a given task.

Cons

Again, I admit that I need to learn more about Instagantts functionality before criticizing. However, I will say that the user interface feels....clunky. I wish I could be more elegant with my response but it is a bit difficult to learn how to use at first. I find myself doing things a certain way because that's what I've found work for me. However, I'm not confident that's the best way to do it. It "easy" to input a project and add tasks and move things around. But having lots of flexibility inside a software can be a double-edged sword. Often I find myself being overwhelmed at all of the selections and options I have.

Almost Perfect

Very effective management tool, but lacks some of the valuable tools that other programming software has. specifically locking a task and it actually locking. currently the lock doesnt work and other users can still move dates due to dependancy tasks. Linked tasks cannot be moved without affecting the other tasks. It would be more valuable to move the task, flag a conflict, and allow the user to decide what task to adjust to remove the conflict.

Pros

We use the software to effectively manage our entire project, for task tracking and workload review, accountability, forecasting and cashflows. It is very effective to have employees justify and confirm what they are doing, how it is progressing, with evidence. The ability to cut through what tasks employees are actually progressing, and what they only say they are, is very valuable from a management perspective. Instagantt is used to facilitate management reporting to our [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Cons

Whilst Instangantt can be used to open a task in Asana, we are unable to use Asana to open a task in Instagantt. This has resulted in programs being lost entirely, as we are unable to find them in Instagantt, but can still see them in Asana.

Great Tool

Very good, Quick Customer Feedback.

Pros

It's quick to learn, Nice presentation, Collaboration, Easy Export Features.

Cons

Mainly the issue is that it still does not complety replace Primavera, so we will pay for Primavera (Industry Standard) + an Primavera Expert along with our instagantt subscribtion which is our biggest problem. The main features that have to be added as soon as possible: 1. Planned & Actual Duration of each Item 2. Capability to add the delay in every item in a diffrent color so that the user can visulaize...

Great way to add Gantt and resource management functionality to Asana

Overall, Instagantt adds exactly the features I want to Asana. I can create project timelines, easily create dependencies, and use the org-wide workload view to balance resources.

Pros

I started using Instagantt to create timelines/Gantt charts and manage resources with my Asana projects before Asana implemented this functionality natively. When Asana added these features, I tried them, but decided I liked the way Instagantt handles these items better. In particular, there still isn't a way to see resource availability across ALL projects/tasks in Asana like what Instagantt does. I also really like the ability to customize and publish a client-facing project plan from Instagantt without giving my clients access to our Asana project.

Cons

Generally, the Instagantt UI is not terribly friendly for users who don't have project management experience. Also, when I publish public snapshots, sometimes the Gantt charts get a little wacky (dependencies not connecting or things shifting a day).

Comments

Nosotros trabajamos por proyectos, e incluso proyectos internos de la compañía, entonces es ua EXCELENTE herramienta.

Pros

Nos gusta mucho que está muy muy completo, que es sencillo de utilizar, que es económico, y accesible para todos. Algo PLUS que ninguno otro lo tiene y nos fascina es que se pone de color amarillo cuando hay cambios externos, eso está padrísimo.

Cons

Nos gustaría ver la posibilidad de poder editar nuestras horas por día, es decir, a un task no tener que sumarle las horas. Si al domingo 15 de junio tenía 4 horas dedicadas a Task 1, y el día lunes avancé otra hora más a la misma Task, le tengo que poner 5, estaría muy padre ponerle 1 y automáticamente se sumara.

Instagannt and Asana are a perfect match

We are really pleased with how Instagannt allows us to create quick gannt charts for our projects and allows us to brand and present these to clients in a very professional manner. Compared to other comparable tools out there is looks nice and the strong integration with live task management is what makes it a winner.

Pros

We started to use Asana and were really happy with it for it's flexibility as a task manager. We'd used seperate gannt chart software such as omniplan previously but it felt very disconnected from the tasks which we managed elsewhere. Instagannt cleverly solved this problem by bringing together live tasks with a controlled Gannt chart system. It's use of tags allows us the flexibility to share external facing tasks and milestones with clients whilst keeping internal focused tasks on the project private.

Cons

It does take a little bit of consideration and thinking to integrate with Asana and use for general task management. Overall I think this is worth it as to have the strong integration between the two is invaluable. Gaps in the products features have also been improved in the time we have used it.

More Features Please!

I have made Instagantt a hugely important piece of software for my workflow. If it was more suited for my industry, I believe more people would use it. It is buggy and I have to reload the page more times than I would like, but what you have created is critical to what I do. It is amazing. I think there is a bunch of work that could be done to help instagantt stand on its own, at least in my industry. I would love to chat more about that if you have 30 minutes.

Pros

Seeing our entire post production slate for is incredibly powerful when needing to make quick decisions on the fly. I can see a huge amount of data with a fair amount of ease.

Cons

Legibility. One of the biggest problems I have is being able to translate the gantt into a customer friendly version. When exporting snapshots, I would like the ability to just show specific data points. Instagantt is great to plan the backend, but when I need to send the plan to a customer, it is too cumbersome. Another BIG issue I have is figuring out where one project starts and ends, due to the title of the project being as small as any column/section made in Asana. If the titles of projects were slightly bigger or bolder, I would spend less time trying to see where I need to pop something open with the plus button or not. A small issue is that when I change the title in instagantt, it does not change in Asana.

Instagantt for Makers

Really love it. Just a few areas that can be improved as above, and hopefully aren't too complex to add.

Pros

That it is online, and simple. Integration with Asana is fantastic, and essential for us. Works with our iPad Pros which we rely on for site use. Great export PDF and JPEG functions.

Cons

Easy for users to make a change in Asana (not an instagantt problem). I would change permissions so there are tiers. I.e. a user that can view, but not make changes to the programme. Need to allow for dependency lag. I.e. MS Project, set a dependency and then say +FS 1wk or similar. That is really key, and seems like something easy to implement. Remove the limitation on shifting a "group" header. We use subtasks for material procurement and other tasks which sometimes don't need any programme/dates. We want to freely edit the group title as a task, where we have to do that from Asana currently.

Great product- Keep it up!

I like the graphics and ease of use more than SmartSheet. Instagantt is more intuitive. I would like more features, but overall, it's nice software and I will continue to use it.

Pros

The format is clean and the way tasks can be quickly added is very convenient

Cons

The sections and tasks definition took some time to get used to. I am still working to understand how to easily link tasks without connecting via the mouse. A simple predecessor/ successor box would be faster. It would be great if you could allow users to add custom columns. This may be present, but I haven't yet located the feature. I would also appreciate a simple Task List feature. I am currently using a SmartSheet Task List and Instagantt gantt chart, since I cannot locate a task list feature in Instagantt.

Excellent Software

Pros

Instagantt offers robust scheduling options that integrate seamlessly with Asana. Perhaps best of all, they have a small, responsive development team that consistently turns out excellent new features and fixes. They’ve really honed the software into something great.

Cons

I had trouble getting clients and contractors to collaborate on the software unless they also had a paid account (this was back in 2018, there may well be options now that weren’t in place yet then.)

Highly Recommended

This software has help me run the business smoothly. I highly recommend it.

Pros

Very Easy to use and has a lot of required options

Cons

The software could do with custom templates (created by user) of repetitive tasks that occur within one project that can be called upon anytime you need.

Much better than 'FastTrack' just a few features missing

Overall really good - just the odd thing that needs improving. Hopefully that will come with upgrades etc.

Pros

The way it syncs with Asana - especially the resources/calendars. And how similar it is to FastTrack. It doesn't crash and we love it being online compared to downloadable software. It was can accessed anywhere.

Cons

Sometimes the sync function doesn't work - for example Asana says the wrong start date of a project. But you simply refresh and sign back in - then reset the date and it syncs back up no problem. The main thing is the inability to add bank holidays - non working days. It would be soooo useful, if on bank holidays, the time tasks take automatically extends, without changing it's duration. For example it should still take 2 days to complete the task as it stretches over a weekend AND bank holiday. This would mean we can avoid changing the length of tasks if they move on/delay past any bank holidays.

Affordable and easy to use project manager

It has the very core functionalities need for a small company.

Pros

I could buy only Gantt functionality need to manage my project. Other solutions had too much functionalities with higher price, which I didn't need at that time.

Cons

Some part of a project needs to be copied to other project. This happens when some of the tasks of a project is to be moved to next stage.