Pivotal Tracker Reviews

Pivotal Tracker Reviews

Pivotal Tracker

Agile project management tool for developers

4.79/5 (14 reviews)
19,554     10,393

14 reviews & ratings from the GetApp Community

User ratings

Rating summary

Verified Reviewer  22nd of December, 2015

Great project planning tool

When building out our web application (Methodologee), we needed a story-based project planning tool/agile software that allowed our team to collaborate and execute all the features instantly. We were referred to PT by our Senior Developer and loved using it.

Pros: Great agile software, easy story writing tool, API to the feedback and knowledge based tools we were using.

Cons: The mobile app was not that great but it might have improved by now.

1-2 years

Verified Reviewer  6th of June, 2014

Brilliant for managing Kanban style projects

We have used Pivotal Tracker to track the progress of each user story, bug, feature, and epic and we have found that it has focused the team into delivering high quality software.

Pros: Easy to use. App available on iPad which is a massive plus.

15th of November, 2012

Easy-to-use Tracking Tool

Pivotal Tracker is great for helping organize my tasks and projects. I can see what projects I have started on, what projects I could start, and sub-tasks for each of them.

9th of November, 2012

Great Tool, easy to use

We use Pivotal Tracker for our managers to organize and check the work done by their team. In our way of doing each task or project has to be in Pivotal Tracker to keep a trace of it. Employees can decompose their project in several tasks and our managers can check at every moment what has been done and what is still to be done. It is a great tool to make sure everyone is going forward and delivering on what they commited. I recommend it even to manage small teams of 2-3 people

3rd of October, 2012

Just makes tracking easy.

We use it in our daily work. Managing and monitoring task within different teams is just at ease.

30th of January, 2012

Getting more Agile every day

I was not particularly impressed when I first discovered Pivotal Tracker... yet another Agile Project Management tool. After couple of days, Pivotal unveiled many powerful features behind it's appearance of simplicity. After 2 months of use I have to say it's far more efficient than any bug tracking and costly Projects Management tools I ever got to use. We needed an Agile PM tool fully integrated to Google Apps and that wouldn't overwhelm the team. The Drag&drop interface allows us to manage priorities effortless and keep focus on our daily tasks. The User Interface is eye-candy, very responsive and provides good lisibility. Pivotal tracker was quickly integrated to the daiy workflow by all team members and boosted the productivity. As a closing comment, Pivotal tracker is straight-to-the point, light, effective and perfectly serves the purpose of building good software faster.

Pros: I particularly like PT fine integration to third party tools such as Google Docs (particularly useful for attaching specifications to stories), Google Mail (allow you answer to comments directly from your inbox) and Story Mapper by Carbon Five

Cons: Limited reporting possibilities

1 of 1 people found this review helpful

27th of January, 2012

Fantastic project management app!

I've been using various tools (BugZilla, Trac, Todoist) for keeping lists of bugs/new features for web development projects, and Pivotal Tracker is the most impressive one, by far. The coolest feature is that you can update stories during the meeting, and everybody will see updates in real time. Ability to attach a Google Doc is a life-saver - it keeps stories clean, and allows to plan things in a truly collaborative way. There are also third-party plugins for git and github integration, although I haven't tried them yet.

Cons: Realtime updates could be more instantaneous for European users - right now they take about half a second. It would be nice if there would be a way to paste a screenshot without first saving it as a file.

21st of October, 2011

Efficient Agile Management tool

This particular software causes it to be actually simpler to get at the very best efficiency tool available. I had no regret in choosing this particular software . It does an excellent work simplifying many of the procedures involved with controlling tasks, as well as truly assists my personal group remain linked.

20th of October, 2011

Good project management tool

It's very comfortable to use this tool.

25th of July, 2011

Great software, love it

One of the most user friendly management tool. Love how it integrated so many different other applications. Absolutely great to use.