todo.vu Logo
todo.vu

Tasks, time tracking & billing for freelancers & SMEs.

visit website

todo.vu Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.93/10

Reviews by rating

The ability to create multiple subtasks by pasting in predefined bullet points. The ability to add a time budget to a task to know if I'm still in good progress.
Super intuitive and visually pleasing interface. I think it would be great for entrepreneurs and small business owners looking to organise activities and tasks.
There is nothing that immediately comes to mind that I dislike about the software. The only thing I can think of is the interface is a little generic perhaps.
As an accountant and real estate agent I have tried many, many task tracking apps and equally as many time tracking apps. I have also watch my clients try and fail many many such apps.
If things change in the future I'll have no qualms upgrading.

Adra Safiya K.

Retail, 501-1,000 employees

Boost productivity

I love working with this software as it can help me to manage my daily task and making sure i finished all of my daily work on time.

Pros

It has a straightforward process for task management and the to-do list. The design is simple and easy to work with. I love that it has separate space for work related stuff, and a space for my personal task so it won't intertwined together and make it confusing between work or personal task.

Cons

I need to constantly clearing my media from the storage space, as they storage files is very limited and the price to upgrading the storage space is too expensive and not to worthy with the price tag. Other than those cons, i don't see anything else that i dislike with Todo.vu

ESEOSA I.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

It gets the Job done!

Overall, I'll say it gets the job done and the interface is fantastic as well so little to no learning curve in adopting it.

Pros

- Ease of use if the first thing that stood out to be with this product. Super intuitive and visually pleasing interface. - I think it would be great for entrepreneurs and small business owners looking to organise activities and tasks - Some of my favourite product features are the colour-coded importance markers and the time tab showing time spent on each task.

Cons

- The tool experiences some down-time every now and then, not sure if it's from my weak connection or from their servers perhaps - Exporting saved contacts was a bit of a task to figure out .Besides those, great product overall

Thanks, Eseosa for the great feedback.

RM

Rudy M.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Free Trial not enough to evaluate - might as well be scrapped

Frustrating

Pros

The look and feel, and the ease to create tasks, users and clients.

Cons

Installed desktop and IoS versions. Mobile app hangs when trying to change workspace. Mobile user cannot sign into same workspace, making the whole thing useless. The lack of integrations.

Rudy, thanks for your feedback. We frequently extend the free trial for anybody who asks, so had you contacted us we would have gladly provided more time. I noticed that you've only had the trial for just 1 day - the free trial provides all premium functionality so I would really appreciate knowing what more you would find useful. Checking your account I can see that you only have 1 workspace...

Falisha Z.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Task tracking with todo.vu

Pros

Things that really stood up with todo.vu is, the details that the tools gives for task tracking and the task schedule. I love that it has time tracking that will kept the logs of time that i has spend for the task, and show the task percentage of completion. It help me to be more aware of my time management and average time that i has spend to finish a certain task.

Cons

The storage that are provided for media storage and data attachment is is rather limited and not enough. I had to constantly freeing up my project and task after some time, to make space for the new task resource. It will be best if it can integrated with other cloud storage service for this purpose.

Hafizah S.

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

Track task and improve productivity

It is a really good task tracker and manager for individual use, and for collaboration with colleague. I have an excellent experience with it.

Pros

I love that todo.vu has help me in tracking and managing all my daily task and task that i shares with my colleague. For the task that i collaborate with my colleague, it can be added a time tracker to it, and real-time status of the task, so it can be track easily by us.

Cons

I would like to see more option for the service or software that can be integrated with todo.vu. For now, there are no ways for it to be linked with my Google Calendar which i use a lot for adding my daily event and reminder. I hope it will be available soon.

Zuhairah A.

Internet, 5,001-10,000 employees

Best apps for task time tracking

Pros

todo.vu is a good software as a project management and also good in tracking time for the task within the project, especially for a task with sensitive time with it. It has a reminder and notification that will alerting me for any task that are not finish yet and closing to the due date.

Cons

It will be great if todo.vu has a space for client platform which user can share and update project progress for the project that we collaborate with client. It will shown transparency and client can checking up on the project progress directly without having to depend on my update.

Selwyn F.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

A daily project management and todo list program used for my business and private life

Pros

After trying so many, this one allows different workspaces i.e. business, pleasure, projects etc colour coded labels for urgency and importance and simple additional comments added to the same task or project along with a time clock for the work completed. Can share comments with clients and teams working on the same project. Each client is listed and additional tasks, comments and narrative histories are kept saved and backed up by Kitovu Best of all is that emails can be forwarded from clients or myself to Kitovu to create tasks. Developers provide extremely fast support and service like no other organisation and so are extremely keen to resolve questions and get genuine feedback. Great value and I highly recommend it for business and private life.

Cons

None so far, all of my questions have been answered by the developer and the product is always being improved. Help is near when using Kitovu

Fadiah R.

Banking, 10,001+ employees

Todo application

It really helping in tracking task and managing my todo list. I love to use it daily.

Pros

I loved the user experience with this software, as it has a very smooth workflow for managing daily task and todo list.

Cons

The data limit is really one of the annoying limitation that i see, especially when i often using media to the daily task that i create.

DC

Diogo C.

Environmental Services, self-employed

Program for managing my daily tasks

With this toolkit I can stay focused, meet deadlines, create alerts for activities to be performed. This allowed me to gain productivity and miss deadlines, all simply and practically.

Pros

This productivity package allows different workspaces, such as alerting to duties, projects, etc. color-coded labels differentiated by color, urgency, and importance, simple additional comments, work completion timer. As well as being able to share comments with clients and teams that are part of a project. Client listing and additional tasks, comments, and history. One cool thing is that emails can be sent by customers or me to todo.vu to create tasks. The developers offer support and services that are quick and interested in solving problems and getting honest opinions. I highly recommend the productivity package for both business and private life.

Cons

I noticed that this productivity package at some point remained occasionally stopped, which may have been caused by the low internet connection spikes, another problem that I cannot identify. Exporting saved contacts should be an easy and more intuitive task.

Diogo, Thanks for your great feedback. I appreciate you making the effort. Do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Anya M.

I love using and so do my clients. Don't know how we could manage without it anymore.

Keeps my and my staff organized and our clients too.

Pros

Ease of use. Clean interface. The ability to email in tasks and to email responses into a task is fantastic.

Cons

Hard to find much that I don't like, but the filtering options when you're looking for a task, especially the done and archived tasks. It would like to see something that sorts them by Date Completed or something.

DB

Didier B.

Design, self-employed

Best overall planning/time tracking tool with billing feature I have tried.

Worry-free time tracking and billing reports

Pros

One big competitive advantage of Todo.vu for me is the Time tab where I can visually file time spent on a project. It is intuitive and very well thought out. No other tool matches that ease-of-use and visual representation. I use the tool for a sole proprietorship business, and it can definitely do so much more, should I grow a team or have subcontractors, which was also important to me. Initially,...

Cons

For my initial setup, I was a little confused by the fact that the projects I entered took a little while to show up in the tool. I kept entering them, only to find a few minutes later that I had a bunch of duplicates. But that lag was a one time experience. Navigating the concepts as a first time user was overall a little more complex than other tools. Hence the 4-Star for ease-of-use. They have a...

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Simple project and task manager with inbuild time tracking

I am impressed with the minimal but effective way of project management. It logs time, has a checklist for doing the task. I would like to see a time of copletitation in the checklist, a favorite and very important star sign like Google have in their email.

Pros

todo.vu have an old approach towards their UI. I really love the inbuild time tracking. It is a simple yet powerful project manager and I really like it. I am impressed by how simple the workflow is for todo.vu. Its simple project and task are easy to handle. The task has a title description and checklist. This is all I need for my simple task and subtask manager. Todo.vu has backlog time entry option, so I can create the task a manually add time to them.

Cons

Sometimes autosave can't reach the server and failed to save all the document which I have to recreate. The time start from -20sec. Sometimes When I click stop timer it didn't stop and keep running.

FA

Fidelis A.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

todo.vu for project tracking

My overall experience is impressive. Although is one of the first-hand project management software am using. They are supportive and very easy to set up projects.

Pros

todo.vu is a project management software. I use this software to manage our agency projects. It is a great software for freelancers as it helps me to list out the task I would like to carry to, set my due date, and start a count-down timer to measure the time it took me to complete each task and project. As a freelancer, I am rewarded to set up a task and project within the 14 days trial period so as to reduce my cost of the subscription. I can easily assign tasks and invite my team member via email to work on the same task. It is easy to use, easy to track projects and can be integrated with other app services.

Cons

todo.vu team needs to clarify and improve on their billing feature for new projects. They need to connect social media or other messaging platforms to help share the project progress with clients.

Fidelis, thanks for your great feedback.

JP

Jon P.

Graphic Design, 1-10 employees

Amazing Project Management Software

As a small design company, I had been searching for a project management tool that was easy to use and navigate, that had all the segments and features I needed in it, and most importantly could fit my budget and scale as I grew. todo.vu has hit the sweet spot on all fronts. It gives us just enough flexibility to communicate and log what my team needs to in order to get the job done, but enough framework so that nothing falls through the cracks. The desktop and mobile interfaces are very user-friendly, so management and updates can be handled virtually anywhere. Checklists, Timelines, File Handling, Due Date, Delegation, Status, all the features are there!

Pros

I like that it is intuitive. It breaks down tasks, delegations to people, the scope of time and other smaller functions very well. I love how affordable it is. I think it's amazing.

Cons

Only 2 things really. 1) Can't export Contacts easily yet 2) I wish there was a stand alone time keeping function.

BH

Brett H.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

Vu'd be crazy not to give it a go

To Do Vu is finally sorting out two big problems for me: 1. A simple effective to do list that keeps me focussed. 2. A simple and effective way to capture my time and bill clients. For those looking, let me save you some time. To Do Vu has what you need. As an accountant and real estate agent I have tried many, many task tracking apps and equally as many time tracking apps. I have also watch...

Pros

Easy to use, lots of useful featues and great value for money

KB

Kim B.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Great Task Management System

It has beneficial for us to track clients & time spent. This helps us to determine our pricing, which is useful.

Pros

I love the way that I can task out our team based on client & project. Then view analytics about this. It helps in keeping track of employee's tasks, as well as how much time we spend on clients & projects.

Cons

When it comes to media, we would love to be able to share inside the app. We were able to do this in the beginning, but soon filled our data limit. Many of these files are not needed after the task is complete. In the help chat, I was able to gain access to the files in bulk - however there was no way to "select all" media & mass delete. I feel this would be a useful capability.

RA

Rico A.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Todo.vu is great to use and document my activity and thoughts on projects I'm working on.

It helps me to easily keep up-to-date on my activities in my projects.

Pros

Ease of use, sits in the background and is updatable whilst you work. I also like that you can log time against the jobs.

Cons

There is nothing that immediately comes to mind that I dislike about the software. The only thing I can think of is the interface is a little generic perhaps? I'm thinking about MS Online interface as a more modern looking one, but this is not a big deal IMO.

DB

Debjit B.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Nice project task manager but average billing features.

I love the time tracking feature, it is the only reason I am still using this service. One click and you get all the details on your tasks and project. This helps me to see and manage my time really efficiently. Manually logging time also gives me the ability to add time in a single invoice. Billing and CRM features are OK, I really don't use them much here. todo.vu needs to work on their UI better. All the menus overlapping I don't like. As a freelancer, it is a really good tool for my business.

Pros

I am using todo.vu for quite some time to manage some of my project and daily driver. It did very good work for track time for tasks and manage projects. Average billing facilities. You need to spend some time on this software to use as a daily driver. The task manager, todo list and project manager is confusing at first and need to get used to due to their UI.

Cons

Set up time hi huge. I think a better getting started wizard will help to set up quickly. The calendar view of todo is really needed to visualize my past work, with notes so I can found my last and latest updates.

Debjit, Thanks so much for such great constructive feedback. Regards Tom

11-50 employees

the app is very user-friendly and has a clean UI.

This app saves me from the stress caused by having to keep track of all my coding tasks and the time and the date spent on each task. I found out such a need when I started having to report my working hours. Thanks so much for the amazing app.

Pros

Cons

the bug that often happens when reordering subtasks. The unability to see my time spent on tasks in previous days when a task is being timed.

Thanks for the great feedback. I'll make sure we look at reordering the subtasks and figure out what you are experiencing. And the option to see time on previous days should be possible - email that one to help@todo.vu directly so I can help out.

SH

Sue H.

Great idea . . . needs some tweaking

Pros

I like that you can break a project down into smaller parts. The color coding is good. Icons are helpful, but I had to work to mold them into what worked for me.

Cons

Not at all intuitive. The Edit Timer function could be made much simpler. Only lists 5 existing tasks at a time, then you need to click again for the full list. I'd love to see a redesign of the screens themselves. I've trained myself to look at only the areas I need to see, but it seems cluttered to me, and it took a while before I really was confident about how it worked.

Sue, thanks so much for the constructive feedback. We are working on new documentation and training videos at the moment.

SF

Sofia F.

Design, self-employed

Amazing. I run every aspect of my business with it. A perfect fit for freelancers and agencies.

My work and time got easier to manage and my productivity increaded. I send more time designing and less trying to get organized.

Pros

The ability to manage tasks, projets, budgets and billing in just one place. That alone would be amazing, but this guys added time management for the whole team. Most apps have task management or time management. This one has everything and it blends perfectly. The interface is intuitive and the learning curve real quick. The price is amazing. The support is quick and effective and new funcionalities are launched frequently. I love this app. Best thing i ever subscribed!!

DE

Donna E.

Overall great piece of software allowing us to track our department's productivity

Pros

The billing and report area makes it easy for us to generate monthly reports for our financial director to allocate our salaries to for his activity based costings. I like that you can add time manually at the end of the day if you have forgotten to track a particular task. Breaking the navigation down from client, to project, to project tasks is a great way to organise our workload and our team of seven can see at a glance what each other are working on great for remote workers who are not always based in the same office.

Cons

The inhouse tasks don't show in the billing area so it's tricky to add them to our monthly report. Having to add on manually at the moment. However, the developers are working on adding in this feature. Customer service is great and always feels very personal - they take on board any feedback given which is very helpful.

Recent convert to ToDo.vu and we love it!

We are new to this system, but the customer support has been stellar. It also combines two or three systems we were using previously all into one. It's clean, intuitive, and easy to use. The built in timer is far and away the best one we've used as a company.

Pros

The UI and ease of use for this software is amazing. You can also search for tasks by almost any category you can think of. It's also "spam free" because you have to set up customer emails in the system for emails to be accepted. The reporting functions are awesome, and the built-in billing could be a huge asset if you're looking to integrate billing and reporting all in one spot. Customer support and responsiveness is THE BEST!

Cons

There are some features that are lacking, but I think that's due to how new the software may be. That being said, the support is top-notch and they listen to their customers, implementing things their customers need.

AL

Ashlie L.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

AWESOME for freelancers & solopreneurs

All the features I need with none I don't.

Pros

It's incredibly easy to use and intuitive. I like that I can customize colors, tags, and I looooooove the checklists within a task. I reviewed over 15 other project management tools and this is the one I came back to time and time again. There aren't features that you don't need that just get in the way or make use more complicated than it should be. I am a freelancer / solopreneur and I struggled to find the right solution until this came along.

Cons

No way to set up recurring tasks yet (read that it's in the roadmap, but I don't know how long that will be), task durations (for things that might take more than a day to complete). And there realllly needs to be a mobile app so that I can add and complete tasks on the road, as well as update time.

PS

Philipp S.

Architecture & Planning, self-employed

Helpful tool for basic Project overall surveillance

Pros

Helps me as a solo architect to track my tasks and time effort in different projects. The tool helps me to keep an overview and to analyse where my work lacks efficiency. Billing works quite easily.

Cons

Time tracking is sometimes a bit inconvienient, especially when you later want to edit the time in a task, delete a task with its time entries, ... but you get used to it, nothing to worry too much about.

Philipp, Thanks for the great feedback.