todo.vu Reviews

todo.vu

Productivity suite for freelancers & SMBs

4.34/5 (35 reviews)

Pros
  • Vu is great when managing very small amount of project and tasks. The pricing is good, and have a free option to try out before use.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • It's clean, intuitive, and easy to use. The built in timer is far and away the best one we've used as a company.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • The UI and ease of use for this software is amazing.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
Cons
  • There is nothing that immediately comes to mind that I dislike about the software. The only thing I can think of is the interface is a little generic perhaps.Rico A.Read the full review
  • Because it is mainly a browser-based tool, there is no other mode of input for me.Didier B.Read the full review
  • But that lag was a one time experience. Navigating the concepts as a first time user was overall a little more complex than other tools.Didier B.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Selwyn Favish

A daily project management and todo list program used for my business and private life

Reviewed 2017-08-24

Pros
After trying so many, this one allows different workspaces i.e. business, pleasure, projects etc colour coded labels for urgency and importance and simple additional comments added to the same task or project along with a time clock for the work completed. Can share comments with clients and teams working on the same project. Each client is listed and additional tasks, comments and narrative histories are kept saved and backed up by Kitovu Best of all is that emails can be forwarded from clients or myself to Kitovu to create tasks. Developers provide extremely fast support and service like no other organisation and so are extremely keen to resolve questions and get genuine feedback. Great value and I highly recommend it for business and private life.

Cons
None so far, all of my questions have been answered by the developer and the product is always being improved. Help is near when using Kitovu

ESEOSA IMADE

It gets the Job done!

Reviewed 2019-07-25

Overall, I'll say it gets the job done and the interface is fantastic as well so little to no learning curve in adopting it.

Pros
- Ease of use if the first thing that stood out to be with this product. Super intuitive and visually pleasing interface. - I think it would be great for entrepreneurs and small business owners looking to organise activities and tasks - Some of my favourite product features are the colour-coded importance markers and the time tab showing time spent on each task.

Cons
- The tool experiences some down-time every now and then, not sure if it's from my weak connection or from their servers perhaps - Exporting saved contacts was a bit of a task to figure out .Besides those, great product overall

Response from Kitovu

Thanks, Eseosa for the great feedback.

Rudy Maritz

Free Trial not enough to evaluate - might as well be scrapped

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2020-05-06

Frustrating

Pros
The look and feel, and the ease to create tasks, users and clients.

Cons
Installed desktop and IoS versions. Mobile app hangs when trying to change workspace. Mobile user cannot sign into same workspace, making the whole thing useless. The lack of integrations.

Response from Kitovu

Rudy, thanks for your feedback.

We frequently extend the free trial for anybody who asks, so had you contacted us we would have gladly provided more time. I noticed that you've only had the trial for just 1 day - the free trial provides all premium functionality so I would really appreciate knowing what more you would find useful.

Checking your account I can see that you only have 1 workspace so there would be no need to change workspaces in such a situation.

We are unaware of any issues with the mobile app, but certainly, if you were to provide some info on what you experienced, we would investigate immediately.

If you've any interest, I'd be more than happy to talk to you more about how todo.vu works via email or a phone call.

Either way, I wish you all the best.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Didier Burton

Best overall planning/time tracking tool with billing feature I have tried.

Reviewed 2018-03-01

Worry-free time tracking and billing reports

Pros
One big competitive advantage of Todo.vu for me is the Time tab where I can visually file time spent on a project. It is intuitive and very well thought out. No other tool matches that ease-of-use and visual representation. I use the tool for a sole proprietorship business, and it can definitely do so much more, should I grow a team or have subcontractors, which was also important to me. Initially, I had tried several tools in parallel, entering the same data in each tool for a week or so in order to make a decision about which tool to move forward with. While the initial ramp-up was a little more complex with Todo.vu, I also understood that there was more under the hood than the competitors I tried. They have various points of entry to do the same tasks, depending on your cognitive style, and once things are set to go with clients, billing rates, tasks, and projects, the daily activities are much easier with this tool than the others I have tried. The billing section is another favorite of mine. It nicely displays the work, distributed across our projects. And it is so easy to create a billing report with given work, and get a link that you client can use to see the details of your work. Last but not least, the support from the founder himself is truly outstanding! I had encountered some minor issues as I use the tool very frequently over different timezones, and His responsiveness and time to resolution was world class. Todo.vu is part of my daily work life!

Cons
For my initial setup, I was a little confused by the fact that the projects I entered took a little while to show up in the tool. I kept entering them, only to find a few minutes later that I had a bunch of duplicates. But that lag was a one time experience. Navigating the concepts as a first time user was overall a little more complex than other tools. Hence the 4-Star for ease-of-use. They have a 5-star ease-of-use for the daily activities once everything is set up. Also, just very occasionally, their server can be down for (I guess) some maintenance. It would be great to receive a mail notice when this is about to happen. I has come as a surprise 2 or 3 times when I really needed to use the tool a that particular time. Because it is mainly a browser-based tool, there is no other mode of input for me. They do not have an iOS mobile offering that could accept entries locally and push to the cloud when servers become available.

Jon Perry

Amazing Project Management Software

Reviewed 2016-12-05

As a small design company, I had been searching for a project management tool that was easy to use and navigate, that had all the segments and features I needed in it, and most importantly could fit my budget and scale as I grew. todo.vu has hit the sweet spot on all fronts. It gives us just enough flexibility to communicate and log what my team needs to in order to get the job done, but enough framework so that nothing falls through the cracks. The desktop and mobile interfaces are very user-friendly, so management and updates can be handled virtually anywhere. Checklists, Timelines, File Handling, Due Date, Delegation, Status, all the features are there!

Pros
I like that it is intuitive. It breaks down tasks, delegations to people, the scope of time and other smaller functions very well. I love how affordable it is. I think it's amazing.

Cons
Only 2 things really. 1) Can't export Contacts easily yet 2) I wish there was a stand alone time keeping function.

Rico Albanese

Todo.vu is great to use and document my activity and thoughts on projects I'm working on.

Reviewed 2018-01-21

It helps me to easily keep up-to-date on my activities in my projects.

Pros
Ease of use, sits in the background and is updatable whilst you work. I also like that you can log time against the jobs.

Cons
There is nothing that immediately comes to mind that I dislike about the software. The only thing I can think of is the interface is a little generic perhaps? I'm thinking about MS Online interface as a more modern looking one, but this is not a big deal IMO.

Anya McManis

I love using and so do my clients. Don't know how we could manage without it anymore.

Reviewed 2018-01-23

Keeps my and my staff organized and our clients too.

Pros
Ease of use. Clean interface. The ability to email in tasks and to email responses into a task is fantastic.

Cons
Hard to find much that I don't like, but the filtering options when you're looking for a task, especially the done and archived tasks. It would like to see something that sorts them by Date Completed or something.

Anonymous

Recent convert to ToDo.vu and we love it!

Reviewed 2018-07-12

We are new to this system, but the customer support has been stellar. It also combines two or three systems we were using previously all into one. It's clean, intuitive, and easy to use. The built in timer is far and away the best one we've used as a company.

Pros
The UI and ease of use for this software is amazing. You can also search for tasks by almost any category you can think of. It's also "spam free" because you have to set up customer emails in the system for emails to be accepted. The reporting functions are awesome, and the built-in billing could be a huge asset if you're looking to integrate billing and reporting all in one spot. Customer support and responsiveness is THE BEST!

Cons
There are some features that are lacking, but I think that's due to how new the software may be. That being said, the support is top-notch and they listen to their customers, implementing things their customers need.

Ashlie Lanning

AWESOME for freelancers & solopreneurs

Reviewed 2017-09-26

All the features I need with none I don't.

Pros
It's incredibly easy to use and intuitive. I like that I can customize colors, tags, and I looooooove the checklists within a task. I reviewed over 15 other project management tools and this is the one I came back to time and time again. There aren't features that you don't need that just get in the way or make use more complicated than it should be. I am a freelancer / solopreneur and I struggled to find the right solution until this came along.

Cons
No way to set up recurring tasks yet (read that it's in the roadmap, but I don't know how long that will be), task durations (for things that might take more than a day to complete). And there realllly needs to be a mobile app so that I can add and complete tasks on the road, as well as update time.

Mike Ryan

ToDo is a Must Try For Any Small Business

Reviewed 2019-08-26

Pros
Ease of use and user interface is attractive

Cons
All I need now is a reliable mobile app and to link this with the Microsoft suite

Response from Kitovu

Mike, thanks for the great feedback. The mobile app development is almost complete. Not too far away now.

Anonymous

Simple project and task manager with inbuild time tracking

Reviewed 2019-05-24

I am impressed with the minimal but effective way of project management. It logs time, has a checklist for doing the task. I would like to see a time of copletitation in the checklist, a favorite and very important star sign like Google have in their email.

Pros
todo.vu have an old approach towards their UI. I really love the inbuild time tracking. It is a simple yet powerful project manager and I really like it. I am impressed by how simple the workflow is for todo.vu. Its simple project and task are easy to handle. The task has a title description and checklist. This is all I need for my simple task and subtask manager. Todo.vu has backlog time entry option, so I can create the task a manually add time to them.

Cons
Sometimes autosave can't reach the server and failed to save all the document which I have to recreate. The time start from -20sec. Sometimes When I click stop timer it didn't stop and keep running.

Brett H

Vu'd be crazy not to give it a go

Reviewed 2017-03-16

To Do Vu is finally sorting out two big problems for me: 1. A simple effective to do list that keeps me focussed. 2. A simple and effective way to capture my time and bill clients. For those looking, let me save you some time. To Do Vu has what you need. As an accountant and real estate agent I have tried many, many task tracking apps and equally as many time tracking apps. I have also watch my clients try and fail many many such apps. ToDo.Vu does what you want at a price point that is hard not to put it miles ahead of its competitors on value for money (value for money = features / price). I have also noticed that they have been very active in developing the product. The features keep coming at a steady click and add further value each time. (Not just a pretty icon or a facelift). Give it a go, stick with it, it's worth it.

Pros
Easy to use, lots of useful featues and great value for money

Debjit Biswas

Nice project task manager but average billing features.

Reviewed 2018-11-27

I love the time tracking feature, it is the only reason I am still using this service. One click and you get all the details on your tasks and project. This helps me to see and manage my time really efficiently. Manually logging time also gives me the ability to add time in a single invoice. Billing and CRM features are OK, I really don't use them much here. todo.vu needs to work on their UI better. All the menus overlapping I don't like. As a freelancer, it is a really good tool for my business.

Pros
I am using todo.vu for quite some time to manage some of my project and daily driver. It did very good work for track time for tasks and manage projects. Average billing facilities. You need to spend some time on this software to use as a daily driver. The task manager, todo list and project manager is confusing at first and need to get used to due to their UI.

Cons
Set up time hi huge. I think a better getting started wizard will help to set up quickly. The calendar view of todo is really needed to visualize my past work, with notes so I can found my last and latest updates.

Response from Kitovu

Debjit,
Thanks so much for such great constructive feedback.

Sofia Ferreira Simões

Amazing. I run every aspect of my business with it. A perfect fit for freelancers and agencies.

Reviewed 2017-08-30

My work and time got easier to manage and my productivity increaded. I send more time designing and less trying to get organized.

Pros
The ability to manage tasks, projets, budgets and billing in just one place. That alone would be amazing, but this guys added time management for the whole team. Most apps have task management or time management. This one has everything and it blends perfectly. The interface is intuitive and the learning curve real quick. The price is amazing. The support is quick and effective and new funcionalities are launched frequently. I love this app. Best thing i ever subscribed!!

Donna Earl

Overall great piece of software allowing us to track our department's productivity

Reviewed 2018-08-02

Pros
The billing and report area makes it easy for us to generate monthly reports for our financial director to allocate our salaries to for his activity based costings. I like that you can add time manually at the end of the day if you have forgotten to track a particular task. Breaking the navigation down from client, to project, to project tasks is a great way to organise our workload and our team of seven can see at a glance what each other are working on great for remote workers who are not always based in the same office.

Cons
The inhouse tasks don't show in the billing area so it's tricky to add them to our monthly report. Having to add on manually at the moment. However, the developers are working on adding in this feature. Customer service is great and always feels very personal - they take on board any feedback given which is very helpful.

Christina Dean

todo.vu trial

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2018-09-11

At the end of the trial, I found more billing hours than I usually would by tracking on a calendar system. That's real money.

Pros
It was easy to get started, learn and apply. Start up took a couple of minutes. Took 4 hours to master the whole thing. It rewards you for learning with real money. Setting up and tracking my client time, took me less than an hour.

Cons
The time start stop time is confusing.

Response from Kitovu

Wow, the perfect customer - no support required and figures it all out.

Christina, should you need any help, please do let us know. I'd love to know what you find confusing about the timer.

Thanks for taking the time to review todo.vu.

Anonymous

Task manager with inbuild time tracking.

Reviewed 2019-05-29

I was looking for a basic task manager to utilise time more efficiently and manage it. Todo is one of the best option available.

Pros
I am very happy to use todo.vu. It helps me with tracking time spent on a task. As a photographer, I work hourly basic. Now I can charge my client on the basis of time spent on the job. The project as a folder helps me to keep everything in one place. Some times task needs a manual time adding for jobs like outdoor drone shot. I can easily add this time and bill later. Now when I can see how much time I need for a certain type of project, I can use time more effectively and earn some extra bucks.

Cons
I can't search any task in the project. I have to be an inside project to search for a certain task. This features will be very helpful.

Ivan Yonov

Does the job easily.

Reviewed 2018-01-22

Pros
It is easy to use. Looks good. It doesn't bother you with unnecessary stuff. Has nice import/export features.

Cons
Some really minor issues, like it doesn't remember me, I need to login every day. And also can not remove "Important" flag from a task.

Response from Kitovu

Ivan, thanks for your great feedback. Regarding turning off Important flag - some settings can not be edited once a task is completed. This is to ensure preservation of data for historical records.

Petya Mihaylova

I use the software at work and also at home.

Reviewed 2018-08-25

It does what it must - it is a project and task manager, also time tracker, and CRM,a collaboration tool and also billing tool.

Pros
It offers enough features on the fair price. It is highly intuitive and easy to use. I like it a lot.

Cons
Maybe the short list of tasks at one time. Sometimes I have many tasks - at home and work and I want to be able to see them all.

Response from Kitovu

Petya, thanks for your feedback, we do appreciate it.

Scott Johnson

I love this young app which serves many functions and is growing fast

Reviewed 2018-01-31

To review a worthwhile program that's up and coming but not yet getting noticed much.

Pros
It does all this: Project and task manager, time tracker, CRM, collaboration tool and billing. Each is easily accessed, intuitive to understand and use. This is a project for which the CEO is passionate about: he will assist with technical issues as he wants to understand how we use the service and the problems we have so it can be improved.

Cons
There's not much to dislike, though I wish there was an iPhone version. The CEO says it's in the works. The timer doesn't trigger automatically when there is inactivity. This too is on the roadmap.

Martin Dikk

Just what I was looking for!

Reviewed 2020-04-19

Pros
The best thing about todo.vu is that the timer runs serverside, which means it is possible to start a timer on one device, check on it on another device, and stop the timer from yet another. Very useful! All through the website!

Cons
Now if only there were an Apple Watch app :)

Response from Kitovu

Martin, thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback.

I'll talk to the team about a watch app too :)

ToDo is Fantastic!

Reviewed 2018-08-10

We're using ToDo.vu to manage client tasks, track time, make notes, and collaborate on work. It is more streamlined than our previous management systems, and far less expensive. It's a win all around!

Pros
The built in time tracking - right in the same screen as tasks - is incredible! it has allowed us to capture more time and have fewer small increments fall through the cracks!

Cons
Unfortunately, we've had to do some workaround with repeating tasks and changing plans for our clients, but it's a relatively minor setback for all of the good things about this system!

Bruno Cantuaria

Todo.vu is one of the best complete Task Management System

Reviewed 2018-01-22

Pros
It packs in a single tool the most desirable functionalities, such: task management, team management, bill management and time tracking.

Cons
Some functionalities still needs some polish. Things like auto repeating tasks doesn't work very well in some cases, like when you need to do an edit in all of the repeating tasks or delete all of them.

Response from Kitovu

Bruno, thanks for the great feedback. We are currently testing our next release of repeating tasks which will introduce much more advanced sequence editing and resolve the issues relating to mass editing a sequence.

a To-do List, taken to business

Reviewed 2020-01-22

In general, happy. At work it is useful, and you can even use it in your private life

Pros
Useful. It is a type of CRM in which you can monitor tasks, objectives, budgets, and follow-up of clients, employees, equipment, fulfillment of objectives.

Cons
An update with "recurring tasks periodically" is pending. They usually respond quickly to ideas and suggestions, so there's not much bad to say

Response from Kitovu

Thanks for your feedback and support.

Please do get in touch with me directly about the recurring tasks and we can discuss your requirements and options.

Anonymous

the app is very user-friendly and has a clean UI.

Reviewed 2018-01-21

This app saves me from the stress caused by having to keep track of all my coding tasks and the time and the date spent on each task. I found out such a need when I started having to report my working hours. Thanks so much for the amazing app.

Pros
The ability to create multiple subtasks by pasting in predefined bullet points. The ability to add a time budget to a task to know if I'm still in good progress.

Cons
the bug that often happens when reordering subtasks. The unability to see my time spent on tasks in previous days when a task is being timed.

Response from Kitovu

Thanks for the great feedback. I'll make sure we look at reordering the subtasks and figure out what you are experiencing. And the option to see time on previous days should be possible - email that one to help@todo.vu directly so I can help out.