SimplifyEm Logo

Suggested alternatives

yardi-breeze
buildium-property-management-software
entrata

Best for keeping expenses in a good place and running general reports. I like that the receipts for each expense can be loaded for easy access.
It's very simple to use and priced great. Their representatives are very knowledgeable and responsive.
It's an easy to use program with a nice website, great customer service.
The company automatically charged us for 3 ADDITIONAL YEARS after to did not renew our subscription. That's over $300 for a service we no longer needed.
I have to close the browser and log in again. The problem doesn't go away when I log back in.
I explained I was leaving the next day for Asia and would be gone for over a month and I was not taking a laptop. There was no way I could test the product until after I returned some 40 days later.

SH

Stephen H.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Easy to use property management software

If you aren’t tech savvy and want to save time each month, this software will help you a lot. I like it as it has made property management job easy.

Pros

Simplifyem is a simple and straightforward property management software. Everything is categorized in sections so you’ll never get confused especially if you’re not tech savvy like myself. It’s easy to set everything up and doesn’t take long. There’s a bunch of reports and I love how they’re so easy to run. At the end of the month, I can quickly send out owner statements. I also send out...

Cons

None, software works as expected and the functionality is easy to use which will be of a benefit to non tech savvy users

WM

Wendy M.

A Huge Time Saver!

This is the perfect app for someone who needs a place to track tenant information and leases while keeping a history of past tenants and what work orders and requests have been submitting while consolidating expenses. The tracking of all tenant communication in one place makes so easy to lookup information and avoid any miscommunication and legal issues.

Pros

As a property owner, SimplifyEm has decreased my workload and saved time. I can easily see work orders and expenses at a glance while collecting payments and see all tenant communication in one place. I like how I can set up rent reminders to invoice my tenant every month automatically. This has helped get rent on time every month. SimplifyEm has freed up my time and streamlined my property management tasks into a manageable process so that I spend less time on managing property.

NB

Nathan B.

Good Support. Bad Product

We had a lot of trouble setting up the system and needed to contact support regularly. They were helpful, but it was still extra work to have to do that. I explained the difficulty I had with the rental process and told them that I didn't want to use SimplyfyEm anymore and wanted a refund. I was told that since I was past the 30 day refund period, they wouldn't give me my money back. I explained that...

Pros

I appreciated the support team. They were usually very responsive.

Cons

I tried to send the application to potential tenants when I had a vacancy. Of the 41 applications I sent out, I only received 2 back. I had to go back through all who had contacted me and ask support to send them a special link. After trying to figure this out for a week, I used my old application and sent it out to around 18 people. Withing 12 hours I had 6 responses and within 48 hours, I had 12 responses. Less than a week later I had the apartment rented out. I was concerned at this point with the rest of the system if it didn't produce results for the basic function of sending and receiving an application. The product simply didn't work.

RG

Rich G.

Commercial Real Estate, self-employed

Really, simply fantastic

Need to write a check to a vendor? Click. Need to enter a check from a tenant Click. Need to generate a report combining rent, repairs and other factors so you can know where your profit and loss is? Click. Really it’s a fantastic software works for landlords like me.

Pros

SimplifyEm is really, simply fantastic—for landlords like me, mostly because SimplifyEm makes the mundane automatic, and the difficult simple. There are many factors, every day, that I have to deal with, and SimplifyEm combines the all. Everything is connected. The system alerts you to a whole host of things, so you can see at a glance what tenants have paid, which are currently late for rent, which repair tasks are open, and various other factors.

Cons

The software enables export to QuickBooks and transactions to a spreadsheet. In future, I hope it enables export of all reports to spreadsheets

AE

Amy E.

Great Advice, great software

Pros

It is very easy to use. It has a clear presentation. Seeing lots of units at a glance is easy.

Cons

When putting in the details of the payment in the notes section, something happens with the formatting. like instead of symbols (Which I use when putting in dates) it changes them to "n" and other weird things. I have had to modify the way I input information. Also, when people are behind, if you input the actual date that they pay, it goes to the month that payment was received (ie: if someone pays me August 8th for July rent, if I use date of payment, it will only apply to August. So I have to use the notes section to say when the payment inputted)

JB

Joanne B.

Banking, self-employed

my experience

good

Pros

The dino was a great addition to the program

Cons

The insurance button comes up too much Every time you turn around it reminds you about insurance

SS

Susan S.

Real Estate,

I have used Simplifyem for five years as a property manager.

Pros

It is easy to keep records and send out owner reports for our properties.

Cons

There is not a way to email the 1099 reports in February even though the email addresses are in the program by house. Most of our owners move through the year since they are military and many 1099's are returned in the mail.

AM

Alejandra M.

A little more than Okay!

Pros

This software becomes easier to use as you gain familiarity with it so it is important for you to actually get hands on with the software. It does help keep everything organized and their customer service is great, they'll walk through whatever problem you are having.

Cons

SimplifyEm would benefit from better training, I'd rather have information available or a video that I can watch instead of having to call. Improve that and it'll be even better.

AO

Ashleigh O.

Pretty good.

Pros

The software is pretty easy to use after playing with it a couple of times. Everything looks organized.

Cons

When first setting up tenants, there is an area to enter the flat late fee and daily fees after but I'm not sure if they actually work because the rep that walked me through how to use it he manually put in the late fees. I wouldn't like having to do that with each tenant. Hopefully its just a misunderstanding on my part. I will find out soon.

SJ

Susan J.

Excellent Property Management System

This is a very good software program and I looked at several options. I'm pleased with my choice. I've called the Customer Service so much, they know me by name!! Always very helpful.

Pros

Detailed Reports for Owners, Supports Online Banking Services for Owners and Tenants, Excellent Customer Support

Cons

I had difficulty learning the flow process and getting properties loaded in the beginning, but Simplifyem had a training call with me and that helped considerably.

AS

Aimée S.

Save Your Money

Awful, I tried to use this software for two months, it is horrid. I asked for a refund, they refused. I even asked for a pro-rated refund (paying for the months I used it only) and they still refused, fought the credit card company I utilised as well. Just go for the better competitor platforms, this one is only going to waste your time and money. Buildium is WAY better.

Pros

Price, it is cheap for a reason folks. Truly there is no other reason I chose this software company for my business needs.

Cons

The company is dishonest, telling clients they have features they do not (as of 2021-2022) and you literally have to manually enter in EVERYTHING yourself.

Hi Aimee, Thank you for leaving us a review. We are a residential property management software and it looks like the majority of your portfolio was for storage and commercial properties. We do have customers who use us for storage and commercial properties, but only when it's a small part of their portfolio. We are partnered with a tenant screening company that provides tenant screening reports...

MD

Mechele D.

Horrible software

Pure crap and zero support for 24 hours at a time.

Pros

Nothing, this software is horrible. Do not buy!

Cons

This software provides a free money back guarantee. But they do not refund your money after you process your first rent roll and find out that systems doesn’t process rent and owner draws easily. Tenants hate their portal and owners hate their portals the 4 day delay with the bank and owners getting their money is horrible. I would not recommend this system to even my competition, it’s just that bad.

Hi Mechele, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It looks like your colleague demoed the software before purchasing and sat through training and is happy and satisfied with the software. We offer a 30 day money back guarantee for annual subscriptions. Online payments are one of our most popular features and makes it easy for tenants, owners and vendors. There is a processing period of 2 business days and does not include bank holidays. We have over 150,000 satisfied customers and offer free training, free live phone support Mon-Fri 9am-5pm PST and 24/7 email support. Best, SimplifyEm Team

PH

Patti H.

SimplifyEm Review

I really liked this software and it was a close second to Rentec Direct. I chose Rentec Direct because of the maintenance capability, rent paying and marketing aspects that was a good fit for our portfolio. Also, Rentec Direct was a little cheaper in price but after the demo, I would have been happy with Simplify Em too!

Pros

I was demo-ing property management software everyday for 2 weeks. It came down to Simplify Em and Rentec Direct. I loved them both and fit our needs as a small start up company.

Cons

Not all the features are user friendly but the customer service dept quickly and efficiently handled all issues!

Hi Patti, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are the most affordable, full featured property management software starting at $10/month for managing 10 units and are known to be easiest to use. We have maintenance and work order tracking, online payments, and rental advertising as well. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the customer service you received. We've noted your feedback and forwarded it. Best, SimplifyEm Team

AP

Anthony P.

Used monthly for less than 6 months

SimplifyEm Review

I’ve been very satisfied with it so far to be honest. It’s been a pleasure using it and it's super intuitive. I do property management professionally with another company and I use this for my personal business and this is more intuitive and easy to figure out. Again they are able to create any clarity if there are any issues or questions.

Pros

The ease of use is the best. Compared to Quickbooks, they aren’t a property management platform, you have to massage it into a property management platform and Simplifyem is built for property management. The look, feel, and tabs are all spelled out for and designed for property management whereas Quickbooks is not.

Cons

I don’t have a lot, and it's super minor. I would love to be able to track HOA violations. I cannot find any major pet peeves. If there's anything I can't figure out, SimplifyEm is always there to help.

DW

Dena W.

Making Life Easy!

Pros

It relieves me of the stress of the accounting work. Math is not my strong point! I did all my trust accounting by hand for over 20 years. I tried other property management software and found myself confused and overwhelmed. Simplifyem is easy to understand and use. If I get stuck, I call customer support and they walk me through it. Representatives are always polite, friendly and professional. Now, I can focus on taking care of my clients' needs better.

Cons

It would be nice if owners could request statements and invoices on their own without my having to publish each individually.

MG

Maureen G.

Simply easy!

Pros

The product is easy to use and tracks all relevant earnings and expenses. My tax accountant is a happy man, because I show up with everything he needs in a tidy little report.

Cons

I like pretty much everything about the product. It's user-friendly, the support is great and the reports are not fancy, but they provide all the information you need.

SY

STEVE Y.

Real Estate, self-employed

So far loving it and the customer support is just as good if not better than the reviews stated.

I highly recommend this company and their program.

Pros

A full suite of leasing and management and cloud-based! Also, a system that should be a good fit for any size person or company and with room to expand! The integration of the Trans Union credit/criminal history site is a huge plus as well.

Cons

Nothing so far, just the learning curve with a new system. I've gone from a Quicken, stand-alone program to this fine product and it'll just take a little while to get used to all the bells and whistles.

KW

Karen W.

Real Estate,

Easy, simple to use system

Pros

Easy to use and generate variety of report options make it easy to clients and tenants informed. The monthly cash flow report is helpful.

Cons

Would like a smartphone app for quick entry to handle maintenance request.

GG

Gary G.

Used for the last 8 Months

Pros

The telephone response to questions about use of the product is excellent.

Cons

There are a few glitches in the software such as the inability to split expenses over more than one property without having to make the division allocation and then pull up each property and make the entry. I have asked why they will not modify the program which is basically from an old Quicken Property Management program but they have told me there is not a great demand for this. I wonder if the users even know of the possibility???

TF

Teresa F.

Not integrated correctly!

Great price but not worth the effort, especially if you have tenants who never read their emails.

Pros

Good place to store information on tenants and good email capabilities. Good price but may be worth it to get Pro.

Cons

Too many pages to go back and forth between; units, tenants, rents are all on separate "pages" so you are constantly going back and forth. I don't have the Pro version so reports are very limited too.

ME

Maria E.

Commercial Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Best product for your money

After working in the property management industry and dealing with software like Appfolio, I know the impact of a good software in the day to day operation in my new job as an investor of 8 apartment rentals.

Pros

Online rent payments Tenant and vendor reports, income and expense reports, rent roll, etc

Cons

Parking fee and any other fees have to be compiled in one rent payment. Does not allow to break it up.

DF

Digi F.

Frustrating

Pros

I like that it has the option for Schedule E, and I haven't had a long enough time to analyze it but I like that it has the feature and option to do so.

Cons

It's cumbersome to me, as well as time consuming. I don't like that there are different "windows" to add details. For example, putting in expenses, it isn't in alphabetical order and its based on how you put it into the software.

JL

Julie L.

Simply The Best !

My Rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was amazing! He was very upfront.

Pros

What I liked about the software was easy to learn. I looked at several types of software, this product was the best priced, easiest to learn & offered Full Customer Service.

Cons

This software was not missing anything.

GS

Gloria S.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Great program base software.

Pros

Advertise as an accounting management made easier with some solution to owners to use, but it really a simple web base software.

Cons

Reports are not really detailed enough for the owners. I think maybe adding more details to the report will be a good asset.

ES

Emily S.

Commercial Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great Software, Great Price, Excellent Service!

Thank you for designing an easy to use software for growing landlords. We own 28 units a mix of multi family and homes. This program is affordable, easy to use and has exceptional customer service. Thank you!

Pros

Affordable, very easy to use, great customer service.