AIM Logo

AIM

Cloud-based point of sale (POS) software for retailers

AIM Reviews

4.1

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.09/10

Reviews by rating

Tech support is there to help us out when there are questions. The training videos are full of good advice and very helpful hints to make the software work better for us.
Overall we are very happy with AIM for our business. The tech support is awesome.
I like the way that the system integrates multiple facets of the business into one tool. The company is very responsive to any questions and suggestions for updates.
They make a sad effort to somehow combine P/O and Customer Order Processing while making both the COP features and the interface to A/P damned near unusable.
Unfortunately, previous employees didn't understand POS software and we are not using many of the features, as our database is really messed up from being misused over the years.
The program has a lot of errors that causes it to shut down. Using the the inventory update Min/Max is confusing, especially with seasonal inventory.

TC

Tara C.

Phenomenal Experience

We were having problems remembering who put what in the system and if it got logged in correctly and whatnot. The ATF Compliant Bound Book completely mitigates that problem. The Technical Support team has been able to answer each and every question I've had, which is incredible, considering I've called them many times when I've in the middle of a process (both on the test system AND live system) I...

Pros

We have been utilizing the POS (Point of Sale) System, and it's very intuitive. You go through a couple test transactions, and it's like riding a bike. You can do it so quickly and effectively. We used the testing system and were able to play around it a lot without worrying about mistakes that will mess up your entire system. We have the label printer, the receipt printer, and the wireless scanner, and they have made our little gun shop look SO professional and streamlined. Gone are the days of handwritten receipts! We can now track customers to see what each person buys and can add notes and wish list items! The Bound Book is ATF compliant, and it has made checking the firearms in and out a breeze. We are going to be purchasing the PO module next, so I can't wait to implement that!

Cons

I can't really say there are any Cons...I would just say it is a bit of a learning curve and can be a bit overwhelming at first, but the support that is offered is just phenomenal.

BB

Bill B.

Music, 11-50 employees

An overall great product

We moved from a custom AS400 program written for our company to AIM almost 10 years ago. We've been very pleased with AIM & never looked back. No program is perfect & they all have their little quirks, but we've been very pleased with AIM & have no interest in shopping for another platform.

Pros

There is a lot to unpack in this program, but once you've learned the system it's an all-in-one package & is fast, easy & efficient to use. Integration between our website, payment processing, shipping, etc. make our life easier. The program is constantly updated with enhancements & quality of life updates making the software faster & better to use. Tech support is very responsive to our needs & requests, development has made many changes to the software at our request to better fit our needs.

Cons

The Vortx web platform that integrates with AIM comes with a lot of limitations & the custom report tool is difficult to use. The SQL platform version 12 uses is powerful, but the hardware & software startup cost (SQL especially) can be high. There is not a good solution for working with products that are sold in both a physical AND digital format.

AB

Adam B.

Retail, 1-10 employees

AIM once the sale is made we don't care.

I have been trying for several years now to get this company to finish installing the software with all paid for data transfers. AIM tech support Has been supposedly working on entering my inventory for about four years now. Every time I call I get the we supplied the software so that I owe for it even though it is totally unusable without my inventory and bound FFL book installed. And just because I paid for extra for data transfer to make the program usable does not mean that that AIM has to actually do it (simple Excel format) Tech support is useless as none of them have done their job yet. I am going to have to take the time away from my business to take these crooks to court.

Pros

Looks like if it worked it would be nice.

Cons

The way it just sits there with no data for the last several years waiting for AIM software to finish their job. The fact that I was charged for software and data transfer and received software without data transfer so it is useless. I have been waiting so long it was called AIMsi when I bought it.

GL

Georg L.

Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees

AIMsi Does it All (almost)

Been using the software for two years now, and it seems to provide a solution for everything. I wish there was a bit better integration across the different modules, such as allowing station rentals, short-term rentals, long-term rentals, and contract payments to all be made on the same checkout as regular sales orders, instead of needing to process them all at once. The payroll area also needs some...

Pros

Accounting Rentals POS Touchscreen support Integrated Credit Card Employee Management Membership Modules Integrated Gift Cards Inventory Control Invoice Management

Cons

The systems don't all share one checkout - each type of transaction (rental, station, contract payment, merchandise sale) must be rung up separately The payroll is not very robust

BH

Brian H.

AIM Review

Overall it is very good. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in tech support has been our go-to guy. He has been extremely helpful especially when it comes to the scheduling module. He has been willing to test issues that we have come across and implement changes to the software. I personally can't thank him enough for his patience and willingness to continue to work with us to make the scheduling module the best it can be.

Pros

We decided to go with AIM because it was an all-in-one POS system. We have retail sales, charge accounts, repair tickets, lessons scheduling and rentals/payment plans. To have all of that in one system was the most important to us. We also did not want a subscription based software. We wanted to own the product. That was a close second in importance

Cons

It can have it's issues. It takes a long time to understand how things work.

KH

Kathy H.

Retail, 11-50 employees

One System

Pros

I am able to do in one program what I used to have to do in 3 programs!!

Cons

Weekly updates - some of the weekly updates "break" other areas that were working and you may not realize it until there is an out of balance situation.

BM

Brian M.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Over all, VERY happy. Best all in one POS for Firearms Retailers

All in one POS for firearms retailer with the best pricing that WIL NOT break your bank!!

Pros

Lots to offer for the firearms retailer at eh best possible price compared to there competitors. We have been very happy with the system as a whole and although there is a lot to learn, support is just a call away. Having Bound Book linked right to your inventory is very helpful and there is even a delayed delivery choice in the POS for state like us in IL that require a waiting period for firearms purchases.

Cons

There is a lot to learn and many items/field we don't use, but can not simply delete. We have to work around them. For being such a gun based POS system, there are things that could use improving to keep retailers compliant. But every time we make a suggestion to support, it is taken in kind and it the modification can be made, they do it!

Michelle S.

Scheitel's Music Review

Grant was very helpful and solved my problem today and he was friendly.

Pros

That if I have questions I can call a tech and they are able to help me.

Cons

That in my version, I'm not able to do everything that I want to do without paying more money which I don't want to pay at this time.

TM

Thomas M.

Sporting Goods, 1-10 employees

Aim

time saver

Pros

A&D book price tracker, scaner, and the of customer tracking

Cons

there is a lot in there takes some time to get it down

wh

william h.

ABC RC & Hobbies Review

Pros

I purchased it because the active e Capability and find it is a bit awkward and confusing to use The software basically works well but a long learning curve because it is trying to work for every body

Cons

Long learning curve and support is expensive

JL

Julio L.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Great Softrware, and even better customer service

Pros

Three (3) years ago, as I was increasingly becoming frustrated with my previous POS system, I researched various options. In doing so, I discovered a software system called AIMsi, which is a Tri-Technical system. I was contacted by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and walked through the process and signed the agreement. Admittedly, navigating this software was a bit intimidating I became frustrated with...

Cons

sometimes the software can appear to be complicated gaining a understanding of its functionality helps

BG

Betsy G.

Music, 1-10 employees

AIM software makes my job easier!

My interactions have almost exclusively been with the tech support team. I am a musician and I don't think like an accountant; they are always helpful and efficient. The support is peerless - I don't think we have ever stumped them!

Pros

We have been using AIM for more than 10 years. It allows us to manage daily sales, keep current track of our inventory, and to update, receive, and transfer inventory as needed. The A/P invoice feature makes accounting a much easier process. The software is reliable, and the reports it can generate are tremendously helpful.

Cons

We are a musical instrument store that is run by musicians, and it took us all a bit of time to learn to "think like the software" in more complicated processes. The availability of tech support being there to bail us out made that transition easier.

Miles S.

Very updated interface

Expensive!!!!! Time to "update" to the newest version? Expensive!!!!

Pros

Solid database. Features specifically designed for our industry like lesson billing, rent to own tracking

Cons

Crashes daily because it isn't fully compatible with newer versions of windows. Not easy to use at multiple locations. Requires arcane network setup like environment variables because you have to pay for a total number of "terminals." Very clumsy user interface because you have to start from the master look up process for every piece of data you need to enter. Autopays are only semi automatic because they only run when you tell them to and once again you have to start from the master look up screen multiple times to: generate an auto pay list with manually input dates, transmit the autopays, post the autopays, cancel the denied auto pays, print out a denied list. Lesson billing is usable yet clumsy, lesson scheduling is a joke.

VK

Veronica K.

AIMsi for Consignment

We use the consignment, customer & inventory modules in AIMsi. Unfortunately we had to purchase the whole software package, instead of just the modules we needed (for example, we don't sell lessons but have that module anyways). This is a very complex software program. We have noticed that there are multiple steps involved for just about everything you want to do, and if it's not done in the right...

Pros

The consignment module works well for tracking and paying consignors (if the consignment items are received correctly).

Cons

The software is extremely complicated to use for users. It takes a lot of time to learn and skill to use/understand this software. There are too many modules and features that are no use to us.

AZ

Aaron Z.

Music, 11-50 employees

Amazing POS Software

Problems we have solved with AIM is Inventory control. We have been able to control inventory very well with being able to do spot checks, yearly and mid year inventory.

Pros

The features to our store that is most impactful is the Rental Module. Our music store thrives from rentals and the use of having the contracts and payments all set up through AIM is so easy and finely setup to use.

Cons

If anything for me it would be the smallest things such as getting the barcodes to be bigger. In essence the ease of being able to fix the barcodes that are being printed on the labels themselves

JR

Joe R.

Retail, 1-10 employees

The BEST option for almost any industry.

Pros

It is very customizable. Along with automating some processes, you can have everything completed with a click or a touch

Cons

Be prepared to watch a lot of videos to learn how to set up and use AIM. You will also need to build your specific training documentation for your company.

LB

Lauren B.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Wish I read these reviews before buying

There are much better options. I wish I did my research and read these reviews. I asked for a 30-day trial of the software and they said no but were confident it would be exactly what we needed. Well it wasn't and really bad for software we never plan on using. We decided that if it was so hard to set-up correctly before we even started using it, that it would be a headache done the road. We did set-up...

Pros

Can be set up for multiple locations Lots of back-end customizing Lots of add-ons and modules for customization

Cons

Expensive & hard to set-up Windows based, so no Mac used Can set up a server to access remotely but requires you to have multiple workstations as the software is only tides to 1 location Supposedly there is support but I couldn't get through Sales team is very active and reaches out to you a lot until you request for money back

DS

Del S.

Music, 1-10 employees

Aimsi software for music stores

We've been using Aimsi software in our music store for about 10 years now, and we couldn't live without it. It has streamlined our accounts receivable immensley, and made many other facets of our business much easier.

Pros

Cons

The hsitory search part of the service module has some limitations

CB

Carolyn B.

Music, 51-200 employees

AIM v12

The AIM team is generally responsive to our requests though we do tend to have issues due to the large database size that difficult to diagnose.

Pros

I like the ability to save an update information efficiently.

Cons

Tracking various types of purchases is still very difficult and conversion from rentals to purchase.

SM

Sharon M.

Retail, self-employed

Best product available to Music retailers at this time.

Pros

That it captures customer info; examines things like staff sales, top customers, sales totals so I know how my business is growing.

Cons

the fees that you charge for anything extra that could support us.The fact that any type of webinar, workshop or video costs so much even though we pay monthly fees for support. I don't like the fact that even if we pay a monthly support fee we're screwed on the weekend if the system errors and you can't use it. paying an extra fee for the weekend seems like a another gouge. Not enough free tips and...

Our Support Manager spoke with Sharon and showed her how to look up the repair history on any serial number, and also stepped her through correcting her port number for emailing out of AIMsi.

rj

roger j.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

pc poll software

great customer support, however if I had concerns it would be cost effectiveness, for small business operation, I do not need support that often, but had to pay monies every month to be connected, one time fees should be available at reasonable price points

Pros

support team has vast knowledge of software

Cons

the cost to use this service, would prefer a smaller fee to use this support on a one time as needed order, software is not user friendly

MJ

Mary J.

Used other for less than 6 months

Too Much Work

The sales staff is very eager to show how the program works, but they do not tell you about data entry required, that there is only one check template, and that other parts of their program cannot be customized. The rental and lesson modules cannot be turned off, and having to enter tax by zip code is a tedious job that is unnecessary. Other accounting programs will do this automatically. Overall, the program has great features, but if we had not spent money on it, I think I would have knuckled down and gone with QuickBooks, and I hate QuickBooks.

Pros

Integrates POS, AP, AR, inventory, and invoicing, all in one program. They offer complete training and on-site set up, for a price.

Cons

Too much data entry to set up, which they do not tell you. I had to enter: categories (in a specific format, which I had to develop) and tax by zip code (California has over 2700). In addition, their 'conversion' consists of you putting your information in their template, and them writing a subroutine that will insert it into their program. If we had needed multiple stores, or did rentals, then it...

TS

Tim S.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used other for 1-2 years

A Good Alternative

When I arrived in the organization, AIMsi had been recently installed for a small chain of retail stores in the organization. The sales floor was able to pick it up quickly, which was the real concerns. Basic metrics became readily available to everyone, and it was an overall success. That being said, it had a few crashes, and more complicated reporting for accounting, purchasing, and maintenance needed more work to be really functional. Nonetheless, it was a good buy for the organization.

Pros

Front-line users got up to speed quickly due to a slick interface and limited administrative options/noise. This included users with limited computer skill. The point of sale functionality was great.

Cons

Higher-view reports were clunky and difficult, they needed some help to get in shape for upper management. Crossing over data between the sales floor and the other functions of the business needed a lot of learning for even advanced users.

SA

Stacie A.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Great Software Package that does it all!

Pros

It's so flexible. It can do so many things. It handles every aspect of our Music Business, links to our website and is reasonably priced.

Cons

The interface is showing it's age and is cumbersome at times. It needs an upgrade and better flow in many areas.

Mathew S.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Amazing, flexible software that can do anything

We have been working with TriTech and using AIMsi for years. They are a great company that packs so much into their software. It's flexible and can do anything!

Pros

the flexibility that it has to do so many functions

Cons

waiting for an update as the interface is a bit dated