ConsignCloud Logo

Suggested alternatives

ricochet-consignment-software
rose-for-square
circle-hand

There would be errors or items I was unable to track due to employee errors. Consigncloud changed the way I was able to track sales in a manner that leaves very little room for error.
But that shouldn't have happened in the first place. If I hadn't noticed, I would have likely been charged for longer than four months.
Stop wasting valuable time when entering items.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Excellent product, very glad we chose ConsignCloud

ConsignCloud makes our business possible - without this or similar software we wouldn't be able to operate. ConsignCloud's customer service is excellent - they have been very responsive and helpful on every occasion when we've been in touch with them.

Pros

The ease of entering and retrieving data, and the automatic updating of customers makes our business possible and keeps our consignors happy.

Cons

The monthly reconciliation process could be made more straightforward. We would also appreciate the opportunity to see the emails that go to clients so we know exactly what went and when. Ideally, closer integration with Square and eBay.

NC

Nick C.

Retail, 11-50 employees

ConsignCloud is awesome!

very positive. it made our consignment program much more efficient, flexible, and intuitive, and has given us new capabilities.

Pros

easy import/export. great built-in logic. great shopify integration.

Cons

that after images are uploaded we can't expand them to see a full-size version ever again. there's no way to directly apply consigncloud store credit at checkout in shopify. some of the logic didn't work as well as hoped originally but has improved since. the consignor user interface is not intuitive. the store user interface default landing page is mostly wasted space. we can't set up short user pins to enable team members to log in quickly, so consequently everyone just shares the same login and there's no accountability for proper consignment intake and the quality of our product listings suffers as a result.

Hi, Nick! Thanks so much for this review and the feedback! Is the Multi-User feature not as expected? (In reference to the logging in with pins which is definitely possible!) We're looking to revamp the UI/UX so we definitely understand what you're saying about the wasted space! Always keep us in the loop when you think of something you'd like to see or anything you struggle with! Cheers!

KJ

Kate J.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Great program - Still growing!

The development team and everyone we've worked with at ConsignCloud is very helpful and super friendly to work with. They are always available for questions, especially during implementation and set-up, but even after we've had the program for a while.

Pros

Very easy to use and set up. Training the team on this program was very quick in comparison to the previous program we used.

Cons

Very limited in the reports that can be run. Need to be able to have more control over the information generated to run reports needed for our accountant.

Hi, Kate! Thank you so much for this review, we really appreciate it! Hopefully our developments with reports over the past two years have helped the program to suit your needs even better. Please let us know if there is anything else you would like to see. Again, cheers, and thank you!

KG

Kiri G.

Long-term user, still happy 😊

Overall, I've enjoyed using ConsignCloud and my business relies on it heavily. The support team are generally pretty good (although when there's an issue with a third party integration like printnode or shopify, they're quick to pass the buck)

Pros

The automated emails to consignor's, it really prevents a lot of back-and-forth with our clients

Cons

The reporting features for essential KPIs like average sale, top salespeople and sales per hour are really lacking, even with tge paid reporting feature

Hi, Kiri! Thanks so much for leaving this review! We're looking for ways to improve, so this is definitely incredibly helpful! Cheers!

RC

Rhonda C.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Best app for online consignment management

Our experience has exceeded expectations. Given that this app controls a central part of our business, it's really important that it be super stable. To date, we have not had any performance problems, other than a few minor tweaks that were resolved very quickly by the support team.

Pros

This app is super easy to set up and use. We run an online marketplace with thousands of products and all is easily managed in ConsignCloud. Plus the support is first rate. Really. We've received almost immediate responses to the few issues we've had to figure out.

Cons

I wish that I could apply simple fixed-amount payouts on some products listed on consignment. We don't always use percentages, and having to do this manually is a pain.

Hi, Rhonda! Thank you so much for your kind review! I'm really happy to hear about your experience with us! Please reach out if you think of any specific ways we can improve, especially with that fixed payouts workflow. Cheers!

DM

Deb M.

Eases my monthly workload

Fantastic!

Pros

We needed a system that seamlessly integrated our multi vendor/booths into the POS, online web sales, calculated commissions per vendor with different rates, and had a credit card terminal that interacted automatically with no secondhand entry and Consign Cloud had filled that need fantastically. Their customer support is to notch. Easy to locate, with quick friendly responses.

Cons

1. Reports are intense, but sometimes difficult to configure for exact report needed. 2. One thing we encountered is when aa misc item is purchased with a generic SKI/Item # more than once during a transaction, the program process both (or more) item as the same price, even if they have two different prices. We have found a work around, but it sold be nice to be able to use the same item # with different prices.

TH

Tanya H.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

I've had a great experience so far using the program

Pros

A great product, very user friendly. Customer service is great and quick to respond.

Cons

I do wish there were more reporting options. Also more bulk editing option for inventory.

SP

Samantha P.

Retail, self-employed

Easy to use for all levels of consignment

I have been with ConsignCloud for many years. They continue to grow and integrate new features when needed. I sell online and heavily rely on their integration with Shopify to link my inventory with my website and selling platforms. The CC team is extremely helpful with any questions or issues that may arise. They also take my suggestions and work on long-term solutions and updates.

Pros

All of the features are easy to use from a mobile device. I can add a new consignor, add new items and make sales all on my phone. I also like the integrations within ConsignCloud such as Shopify.

Cons

I can't think of anything at this moment.

MP

Michelle P.

An easy transition

The customer service has been excellent and they have understood the tough posiiton we have been in the pandemic.

Pros

I was brand new to opening up a consignment clothing store and transitioning my store to consign cloud was easy and intuative to learn. The customer service has been excellent and the sotware is competitive and affortable.

Cons

I do not like that it is not integrated into my point of sale or shop online. (Woo commerce and square) and that the fees went up.

SL

Susi L.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

ConsignCloud

Pros

Simple to use program and easy to train staff on. Amazing Customer Support!!! Love the bulk editing function.

Cons

Does not have all the functionality I'd like but has many work arounds to get to most things done. I'd love an easier way for sellers to load their own inventory. Would also like it if email templates where more customizable.

Hi, Susi! Thanks so much for leaving this review! Please reach out using the chat box to let us know about the functions you would like to see in ConsignCloud! And is it the vendor item entry or the consignor item entry that you find unsatisfactory? Cheers, we appreciate you!

CW

Caleb W.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

ConsignCloud Makes Inventory Management Feel Like a Video Game!

Very Positive.

Pros

I really enjoy the design of ConsignCloud. I spend almost eight hours a day within ConsignCloud, 5-6 days a week. Having a pleasant user experience is high on my list of importance. ConsignCloud makes inventory management rewarding and breezy. Every time I create an item, I feel a sense of achievement--and security, knowing I will be able to easily track down that item either digitally or in-store. ConsignCloud offers a fun, enjoyable way to turn my physical store into a kind of video game.

Cons

Reporting in Data Explorer is the least user friendly aspect of the entire software. While it might be in-depth and can dive deeply, I need to be able to run analyses of in-store sales and types of inventory that sell without having to go through a number of filters. I have trouble understanding what data the filters are exactly focusing on, and every filter I add within Data Explorer is another Inception layer of misunderstanding. Data Explorer is a great start, but there needs to be a reduction of filter fields to a list of buttons that automatically produce a graph on what I want reporting on, like Sales by Hour.

NG

Nora G.

Textiles, 1-10 employees

useful, but lack customization options and not very good UX

It is very good, and I like the program. However it feels like with a bit of development it could be really great. It has a feel that it is designed by people that dont use it on the daily.

Pros

There are many good features such as the automatic emails, and that you can set expiry dates etc. that are really helpful in our daily operations. Well organized, and the autofill and estimated pricing is very efficient and saves us a lot of time.

Cons

The first issue is the UX. It is not at all intuitively designed. It takes time to find and understand the features you are looking for. For example, finding and using the expiration feature in the expired list is very inefficient. A button directly on the products would be more useful. The second issue is the lack of customization options. There is some customization, but it would be great to have...

Hi, Nora! This is an older review, but we are still grateful for it. As we are a fairly small company we are very happy to hear suggestions and implement them. And at the same time that makes it more difficult to do so. I like your thoughts on the customization. Luckily our UX has changed quite a bit in the last two years, we have tried to make it as intuitive as possible since that is the most important! I worked at a consignment shop for a number of years using ConsignCloud before joining this team and so we always consider the needs and experiences of our users before anything else. Again, thank you for your feedback!

AD

Anastasia D.

Used other for less than 6 months

I tried to like this software.. But I had to ditch it.

I spent a long time testing the software before my store went live. You're only given a two-week trial, which I don't think is long enough to gauge whether the software is for you (especially if you're a small business owner, with many other things to do!). I found overall, the system was on paper my perfect solution to a consignment software, but in reality, made me double-hand a lot of my work. Another note.. After I had cancelled my account, I was charged for four months after. The support team were helpful and refunded me.. but that shouldn't have happened in the first place! If I hadn't noticed, I would have likely been charged for longer than four months.

Pros

It integrated with Shopify. I run an online-only consignment store, so getting a Shopify-integrated software was incredibly important. Of the consignment software that has a Shopify integration, I found consign-cloud to be the easiest to set up and use with Shopify.

Cons

- The consignor portal is incredibly basic. I loved the idea of being able to provide my consignors with a login so they could keep track of their items.. but in reality, they still had to contact my store for more information. - The execution of some of the more nuanced features, like the discount schedule, didn't carry over to Shopify. So I had products that weren't going on sale when they should have - So I had to do that manually.

It has been some time since you've left this response but I just joined ConsignCloud and it's been my pleasure to be able to follow up on these! Our Consignor Portal is now fully running! We are still working on our more nuanced integrations with Shopify like you mentioned, it's been difficult trying to gain cooperation on the Shopify side though we know they have plenty to worry about on their own! You are more than welcome to have another trial if you would be interested and we regularly extend those trials another two weeks when asked. Like you said— small business owners already have a lot to worry about! And you're right, we should have caught that earlier. Thank you again for your review, hope you're doing well!

MH

Michelle H.

Most User Friendly

I have been using ConsignCloud since the beginning of my business after trying multiple trails of a variety of other programs and I am not looking back. I have recommended it to other consignment shop owners who have switched their software because of it's ease of use and great customer support.

Pros

ConsignCloud was the most user friendly consignment software. The price point is right where it should be for this service and actually saves me so much time and energy each month. My favourite features are the daily email sent out to consignors when their items sell.

Cons

My only complaint is that the pricing did take a significant jump fairly recently.

MW

Michelle W.

Well-organized and useful POS program

I like the 6 month trial period and the credit that comes with it for starting out businesses, like we are. That helped a lot. However, shortly after our trial period ended and we began paying full price ($49), there was a price increase and we are now paying $89. Besides that, I have been very satisfied with this inventory and POS program. That is why we continue paying the higher price because it is very functional and detailed and does everything our store needs it to do in order to keep an organized inventory and customer log.

Pros

The filter features make it easy to find a specific item when searching through a large inventory. I am always impressed by the chat feature and how quickly I get a response. So far most every search, report, or customization I have needed is available with thos program.

Cons

The only complaint I have is when I print our monthly reports, it is somewhat difficult to understand. It doesn't spell out our store's profit for the month. It does, however, have everything broken down where we can total it manually. I would request a 'TOTAL' line be added or something along those lines to show the profit/loss more clearly.

CD

Cherish D.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

Love this Software would highly recommend

I own a consignment shop and it was work perfectly for exactly what I need! Would highly recommend this software especially for the price!

Pros

I have a consignment shop and have used this software from day 1 (October 2018) I love the ease of everything it has to offer! The entering of items and the ease of finding what I need fast!

Cons

So far I have no complaints! It does and continues to be the best software choice for my consignment shop

AB

Adani B.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Great customer service from ConsignCloud team!

ConsignCloud has been really helpful to our business We appreciate the automation and journey that the product team has created! [sensitive content hidden] super helpful at the beginning of our business journey, we're also happy to hear that the ConsignCloud team is growing :)

Pros

So far it's been great! We touch base with [sensitive content hidden]/his team every 6 months to just clarify minor issues and it's all clear :) Great product, customer service,

Cons

For us based in Malaysia, we think adding a designated section for bank acc details would be really helpful (Bank name, Bank no, Bank acc name). Additionally, if consignors can see their inventory in a table form (like the backend view) on their portal, that'd be more helpful and easier to understand.

Mh

Maja h.

Cloud & Bunny

Really dislike that I can’t connect to square or PayPal that there’s no other option to tie everything together. I’m looking at other options since this has gotten so expensive especially since we’re in the middle of pandemic. Will continue to use until I figure something better.

Pros

I love that consigner can check on the status of their items . Wish that it would e mail them as soon as something sold.

Cons

I wish it was easier to run reports of goods sold over a month etc Wish that it would notify clients when goods are sold. It’s very expensive for a shop our size.

JB

Jenn B.

Retail, self-employed

Consign Cloud Suprised Me!

I needed a cost effective was to start my business and Consign Cloud gave me just that. Overall I am happy with this software.

Pros

I was surprised about the functions it had for the cost. It was easy to set up and for most part easy to use.

Cons

I had some issues with printer compatibility, but customer service was quick to help. I wish there were better search functions under accounts. I also wish it had more functions like a client portal.

Hi Jenn! Thanks for reviewing. We do in fact have a consignor portal, it sounds like you missed that feature! Feel free to reach out to us directly for more information on that.

RH

Rickey H.

Consignment store

8/10 i wish there was a call number opposed to chat window that sometimes takes longer to get back.

Pros

Reporting and usage for our business is simple.

Cons

The inability of our consignors to not be able to log their inventory

Hi, Rickey! We really appreciate your review and your feedback! We do have the Consignor Portal in which you can enable item entry, we also have a vendor option where they can independently enter inventory. Maybe one of those will help! And we're trying to answer the phone more often these days, but it is hard with a small team. Thanks for letting us know! Cheers!

ee

emily e.

Store Owner Review of ConsignCloud

Had a very positive experience from the first point of contact for a demo to the time of implementation. Thought the staff was transparent, very responsive to my questions, and offered many solutions when issues I had were not offered within the software features.

Pros

Probably ease of use and accessibility.

Cons

- unable to add customer names to sales transactions after finalizing a sale - BUT the team is working on building this for me and so this won't be a con for much longer! - there do not seem to be much in the way of "end of day" financials checking/balancing with what the actuals are - cash drawer in particular. my former POS system, Simple Consign, had a function that when you opened the cash drawer at store opening, you had to put in the balance in the drawer. then at the end of the day, you had to close out the terminal and enter the cash count from the drawer, so that there was a check and balance in place. i know CC is "water tight" on consignors commissions / sales, but this is lack of financials feature for the cash drawer is not water tight at all, for the store owner.

Hi, Emily! This is certainly an old review but definitely a great one! Since then we have added tills to keep track of the cash drawers and for settling like SimpleConsign's feature you mentioned. Thank you so much for this review even though it was years ago, it is so nice to hear the pros and the cons. Please let us know of anything else if we still have the pleasure of having you as a customer.

AM

Alessa M.

Consignment system review

The response time and assistance from the people who run ConsignCloud is phenomenal. I don't use all of the features that are available, but they certainly seem convenient and there are many great options. I would not be able to keep track of inventory without this system.

Pros

I think my favourite feature is that it is in the cloud. I can work from my laptop, store ipad or on my phone if absolutely necessary. It allows me to work from home, the store or on the road while travelling.

Cons

One thing I've noticed lately is that the tags don't always print out in order of the way they're entered so I have to be careful when applying the labels to clothing.

JW

Julie W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

ConsignCloud

Vey nice. Support is friendly, helpful and responsive. Invoice reports for consignors is great!

Pros

The cloud based system works best for us as we have two events annually that are off site from our gallery. Also, having multiple users who can be in the system at the same time is a plus. Also, we opened an online store and the Shopify integration is fantastic.

Cons

The price continues to go up. We have used it for 2 years and the price has gone doubled from $60/month to $120/month. Price was the main reason we chose this product. Also, I wish in the summary reporting, sales tax could be separated out into payment types. The information is there, but takes a bit more work.

AM

Ashley M.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Great Program... Needs integration improvement...

Pros

I love how organized it keeps my consignment store. We have over 2500 unique items and once we got it set up correctly it works like a charm.

Cons

I wish that it integrated better with our online store. We use Shopify and ConsignCloud doesn't automatically make the items available in the POS System. So it is difficult and time consuming to go into Shopify and post the items to the sales platforms. Also I wish that there was an "Other" option when it comes to paying consignors. We use Venmo a lot and there isn't a great way to record that. Also Editing consignment percentages AFTER something sells would be great. Setting up the percentages was confusing and it let to a lot of manual math and not being able to record correct payments

Hi Ashley, thanks for the review! I just wanted to let you know that we now have custom payout types! You can set them up at Settings > Policy.

SM

Sandy M.

Retail, self-employed

Easy to use and organize

I've been very happy with the daily use of this p[rogram and easy of doing business.

Pros

It is very user friendly and fulfills my basic needs

Cons

I hate setting up technology and I didn't want to do it, but it was easy to do and when I did get stuck it was okay to solve.

Hi, Sandy! Thanks so much for leaving this review, I know I definitely appreciate hearing that you've had a good time with us so far! We look forward to working with you as you continue with us! Cheers!