All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Avanan Cloud Security Platform Reviews

Andy T.

Read the full review
They have outstanding support when we've needed it and the UI is simple to use yet very powerful.

Patrick E.

Sean G.

Read the full review

Cons

We are solving a lot of our phishing and email malware problems. I use it on a daily basis and can definitely see it blocking harmful content that would otherwise end up on our users' mailboxes.

Juan C.

Victor K.

Charles F.

4.8

Cant Get Any Better

Overall using Avanan has been beneficial to my organization eliminating spam and notable Phishing attempts fast.

Pros

The product is super easy to use, it is very informative and reactive in terms of triage and trauma.

Cons

I wish they had a cell phone app for readiness.

Game changing email security and mitigation!

Overall experience is that we are very pleased with this product. It's rarely problematic and we have no issues getting responses and results from their tech support. Our business lives in emails, so getting safe but timely emails is critical to our business. Having Avanan assist us on the human side with their team of professionals takes the pressure from me to manage quarantined and reported emails. Avanan does it all for me. DLP has also been well automated. Our current setup warns and gate-checks any outbound PII and PCI, automatically forcing EUs to think twice before divulging sensitive data. At a management level, I can easily keep an eye out for possibly leaks.

Pros

It is fairly intuitive to use, integration was well supported and they are responsive and communicative when it matters. In a business such as ours that relies on email, this product cuts down on the noise a great deal, allowing us to focus more on business. Support is extremely responsive and they seem very focused on pleasing their customers. The system is swift to pass through data, so we see very little to no degradation of email delivery speeds. The management of questionable emails or DLP is easily decided by end users, almost in real time or by IT management - depending on your easily customizable setup.

Cons

Avanan has still not implemented the ability to simply block by TLD extension, such as .jp or .cn . Their UI can be a little unwieldly at times, but that said they are keen on improving their product and very responsive to user feedback.

Email Security that works

Pros

Avanan catches most spam before the end user gets a chance to see it. The whitelist and blacklist rules are fast and easy to set up on the fly.

Cons

Querying for emails can be clunky. Certain times it simply won't produce results though I'm sure I have the correct flags set.

Avanan: Takes some time to dial in, but once done, Whoooa Moma!

The interface is very straight-forward, and allows you access to powerful features out of the gate such as rules-based policies that can be changed per mailbox; I really like being able to create custom queries, save those queries and then use them to check on emails and how the policies are dealing with them. I'm also a large fan of how I can change an email and release or quarantine and email that...

Pros

Avanan took legitimately less than 10 minutes to set up for our trial, and hooking it into Office365 was easy and straight-forward. Unlike competitive products that we looked at that have intermediaries that can be snooped and then gamed by Threat Actors, there is no outward signal to the "Bad Guys" that you are deploying Avanan.

Cons

Tuning will take a little bit of time, but this is the "Nature of the Beast" in Security.

Avanan: Best in Class Customer Service, Products, and Features

Before Avanan, we had no additional security for our Office 365 environment. Avanan was an option that was easily implemented and immediately started producing results with phishing and malware hits. The amount of stuff that Avanan has caught for us makes me wonder how much stuff was getting through before with the standard O365 protection and ATP. The major benefit to us as a company was protecting...

Pros

The program installed pretty much instantly with zero interference to our Office 365 Environment. The program itself is very robust and has a lot of cool features and they continue to add more as each update comes out. It has a very clean and intuitive user interface and it very easy to pick up on everything after your initial training session. There is also a level of customization to the menus and...

Cons

I honestly can't think of any major dislikes or complaints. Any time I have had any issues or questions, I have been able to get it resolved or I have been able to get an answer form the support team.

Avanan - Game Changer

Avanan has been a game changer, we are an Accounting firm that has documents flying around all day when not being used via portal. We have clients/ contacts that are regularly compromised and we have been recipients of phishing / malware injected emails that have been stopped by Avanan. It is the best platform I have used in my 20 year I.T career.

Pros

Game changing setup being behind Office 365 without having to change MX records or disable / bypass using the security tools with Office 365. Think of it as adding a bigger turbo to your car, bolt on and go! Detonating attachments in cloud, amazing phishing engine, and extremely easy to setup and use. Less than 30 mins to setup.

Cons

I have had zero bad experiences or poor experience with anyone from Avanan's team or the product.

Advanced email security done right!

We had been experiencing a large number of phishing attempts for a long time, but once COVID-19 hit, those attempts increased significantly in number. It was getting to be too much to manage, knowing that if one user clicks a bad link, it could results in a security incident. While we provide continual security awareness training, I'd MUCH rather prevent them from receiving the emails to begin with and have to think about how to respond to them. Since we implemented Avanan, we have only had a handful of emails that users have requested to be released from quarantine. Our administrative burden has been significantly reduced. It just woks.

Pros

Avanan is almost too good to be true. It literally takes just minutes to install, it learns quickly, and it has effectively reduced my team's time dealing with responding to phishing attempts by near 90%. It was shocking to see truly how many email threats make it through O365's "filtering". Avanan helps me sleep better at night. What more can you ask than that?

Cons

My only dislike is, honestly, that I didn't learn about Avanan sooner.

Email filtering that works - Avanan

Well if you want to discuss the implementation... it was less than 5 minutes and closer to 3 minutes to setup. My systems will continue to learn over time with the AI capabilities but, in general, it is a service which is what I expect to pay for and not have to do the work for the solution.

Pros

I would have to say the simplicity of use is the "most liked". I do not want a solution which I have to babysit or maintain. I wanted a solution which works out-of-the-box and continues to protect. That is Avanan.

Cons

Overall there is nothing which comes to mind, as "like least", as the solution is much easier to operate and more accurate than my prior solution.

Avanan - Great Product For Phishing Protection

Overall experience has been excellent, once set up properly it is amazingly seamless to operate.

Pros

Ease of use and transparent reporting. When properly configured most tasks can be done without leaving the Avanan interface. Dashboard is clean and informative and product integrates cleanly into GSuite for all us K-12 people out there.

Cons

It took a little bit to get the product configured properly and it took a few phone calls with support. Around the same time Google was making changes to their APIs so while set up took a bit longer it likely was not Avanans fault.

Eradicate phishing emails and track suspicious login activity all in one platform

We had an ongoing issue with phishing emails bypassing Office 365 filters and transport rules and a number of our staff would click on these phishing emails and subsequently have their accounts compromised. This has been virtually eradicated since we have been on the Avanan platform. With so many platforms to deal with, we're happy that anti-phishing has become almost a set it and forget it process.

Pros

My initial impression with Avanan was fantastic as I was able to get fully provisioned on their platform within 24 hours. We first started with a trial/POC that gave us insight on how the service would work; we decided to initially go with the service for a year. We have been very pleased with the results. The service detects virtually all phishing attempts and quarantines the email. We set up...

Cons

Nothing really comes to mind. There are very rare instances where I will get a phishing email that bypasses their engine, but after reporting it to Avanan's support team, they submit these particular emails into their algorithm to prevent those emails from rearing their ugly heads again.

World class product

All around success and exceptional experience.

Pros

Avanan is a high quality product that delivers tremendous value for an organizations anti-phishing and email security endeavors. Easy to use and great support team as well.

Cons

No major issues. I look forward to Avanan adopting a mobile UI and app.

Avanan Highly Recommended

We've had great success using Avanan as one of our security layers for email. The fact that Avanan sits infront of Microsoft ATP filter is great as it gives us capabilities that other security solutions can't offer. We've also found that ATP, Proofpoint, and Mimecast don't capture everything, and it's great to increase our security posture by layering different solutions to work in tadem, and Avanan is a great addition

Pros

The modular "a la carte" design and ability to choose between multiple security vendors to suit the organization's needs while providing an effective security layer to one of the largest attack vectors today - email.

Cons

The web gui is not very intuitive and can be a little tricky to drill into at times

A Great Produt for its Value

Overall, my experience has been very positive. The support is great and again they have a habit of listening and making changes.

Pros

I very much enjoy how the application is API based instead of working as a MX record. This can complicate things and makes it easy when needed to bypass and just have e-mail sent out directly to users should issues arise. (Instead of having to wait for MX records to be changed.) The interface is well-made and fairly intuitive and Avanan has a good habit of taking advise when issues or delays are noticed when using there interface.

Cons

The whitelist does not always work. Users receiving messages from multiple domains with the same name have a habit of getting caught even when whitelisted.

Avanan Email Security is Awesome!

I love Avanan. We have had no issues with their service. The few false positives we get are reviewed and allowed. There aren't any issues that require constant support. Everyone I've talked to at Avanan, from the sales rep to the support guys have all been very helpful and able to help me out.

Pros

Avanan was easy to setup. An onboarding specialist walks you through the process and helps configure the settings that you need. Avanan is very affordable. And best of all, it stops all phishing and malicious emails from getting through to my users. We have not had a security issue since implementing it. Before Avanan, we were getting hundreds of phishing, malicious and scam emails a day. Now they are all caught by Avanan's filters and my users don't see any of them. I no longer worry about someone getting their credentials stolen or clicking on a link they weren't supposed to through email.

Cons

Nothing. It just works. And if you need support for something, they respond via email within minutes. Excellent service!

Avanan Works

Pros

What I like most is the ease of use and support. It is fairly easy for me to find something in the Dashboard and when I do have a question or require support, Avanan's team is quick to answer. I also like that you can add or remove security services. The ones available are reputable ones.

Cons

The only thing I wish Avanan could do is strip emails from our users' mailboxes in the event a bad email made it through to multiple users. It would just make it quicker to prevent them from seeing it. Avanan does, however, have the ability to quarantine emails in groups so that is a good work around that.

Simple to setup and Easy to use

Increased inbox security and improved user awareness with minimal impact to the admin staff. A win for Staff and for IT!

Pros

The trial setup was simple and took only minutes to integrate into our environment. Since implementing in production, which was just as quick and painless, we've seen a dramatic decrease in the amount of malicious mail making it to end users mailbox. Warnings and notifications sent to end users are easy to understand. This has driven user trust and adoption. On the rare occasions when false positives occur, clear and simple notices aid users in mitigating them. One of the simplest implementation processes in years with huge positive impact for our staff.

Cons

Two are I;d like to see imroved: 1- threats are reported but no action can be taken. I'd like to see more actionable tools/features added for all threats. 2- when items are acted on or mitigated, the history of who did what and when is not always readily available. I'd like to see simpler and more complete audit logging, visibility and control.

The best solution against malicious email and DLP

It's been great from day one. The sales team was great, the implementation was painless, and the ongoing support is great. The administration is easy and everyone in the company seems to like it. We love that they keep adding new features that have helped us since we went with Avanan as well.

Pros

Avanan provides great support by providing quick support and great resolutions. It's incredibly effective at blocking malicious emails and DLP. It's easy to whitelist domains that you don't want to be affected. It's also easy for end-users to use. When they receive a quarantine notice, it's quick and easy to get the email released to them if it's legitimate. I think they have great product integrations behind them as well.

Cons

There's not much. There are a few areas where the interface could be more friendly. It sometimes takes a little long for email to get through to users when it's being evaluated, but it's worth it and you learn to expect it.

Avanan - The World's leading Email Security Solution

Pros

The Software is highly rich in functions, features & my experience deploying this Software has really helped the Customer to prevent their emails from bad actors.

Cons

I don't see any Cons to comment, it's a best software

Don't Let A Malicious Email Slip Through The Cracks!

AVANAN has been detrimental in lessening the number of spam emails our users get on a daily basis. This also drastically lowers the chance of viruses or take-overs. We NEEDED this solution!!!!

Pros

AVANAN makes my life as a sole IT guy easier. The number of blocked emails has went up tremendously, and this equates to more time for me!

Cons

The only thing I dislike about AVANAN is the fact it miss classifies items, sometimes. But this is actually preferred, as opposed to letting a malicious email slip through the cracks.

I can't say enough good things about Avanan.

The product is great and the one time I had to get help for something they walked me through the needed config change right away. It wasn't a problem, but something I wanted to change.

Pros

We had emails that bypass Office 365's spam and phishing filters. Avanan prevents our users from clicking on things they shouldn't. We didn't know how much got through until we deployed Avanan. Speaking of deployment, it was simple. Of all the software we use, Avanan ranks at the top of the ones I wouldn't want to be without.

Cons

Nothing at all. I used to look at it every day and now I just look at it every once in a while. Maybe once every two to three weeks.

Email security on the go!

Overall experience has been great so far. The administrator can login and monitor from anywhere making it a great flexible tool and its very good when it comes to tracking malicious activity within emails and has great protection from spam and malware emails sent to the personnel of our organization and finally, its DLP tracking is robust enough to review any potential data leaks.

Pros

The "Shadow IT" service is one of best feature the solution has to offer. The insight gives us the broad vision over the 3rd party services being used. This technically helps us understand the sites and services used by the company personnel and the risks which follows with them.

Cons

No major dislikes as of now. But the support they provide solve most of problems we face.

All Around Great Product

Avanan is an excellent product. Setup and installation takes no time and you start seeing benefits immediately. My favorite part of this product is the ability to easily mass delete phishing messages from users mailboxes. It is able to give you great insight to what unauthorized programs are being used on the network with the Shadow IT reporting category. The Data Loss Prevention section makes it...

Pros

The ability to remove phishing messages from users mailboxes easily.

Cons

I couldn't find anything I didn't like. It sounded like they are always improving and adding new features as well

Cloud Email Security? = Avanan

It is a great tool and works perfectly with out O365 environment. It helps us a lot in the detection of suspicious emails that usually turn out to be phishing attempts and also has a great management console which gives us great visibility of what's happening on our environment.

Pros

Basically it does what it says it would do. We've been using the tool for our environment and it's been helping us a lot with email security.

Cons

The management console could be a little difficult to understand and sometimes the custom queries, for custom searches, could be a little confusing.

The interface experience is fantastic.

We have a clear portal to see where our users are logging in. This makes finding suspicious activity very easy. Drilling down phishing attacks is the most important part of our security. As well as finding where are users are logging in and seeing suspicious activity.

Pros

The interface functions are fantastic. This makes drilling down issues a breeze. The map function is incredibly useful. Overall a perfect portal.This makes finding suspicious activity very easy. I love that we can make the phishing attacks come up as a whole and drill down to why we are being targeted. We can then take action before we get to a place of harm for our systems.

Cons

There is really not much I dislike. Everything works just as I could imagine. The quarantine function would be helpful but that is not a part of our portal at the moment. When we get to the place for integration we will then make that happen but for now everything is fantastic.

Avanan is a Must Have

I cringe every time I look at the portal to see what used to be getting through to our end users before we implemented Avanan.

Pros

The product was easy to implement, is reasonably priced, and does a fantastic job of protecting our end users email from attacks.

Cons

Creating a block rule from using their query could be improved some.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.