All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

EventSentry

Real-time log & event log hybrid SIEM monitoring solution

EventSentry Reviews

Pros

The documentation is comprehensive and useful. Trialing the software was easy and seamlessly without notable impact on our servers, so you should defenetly give this a try.

Stefan S.

Ron P.

Joseph G.

Read the full review

Cons

So far I haven't found anything that merits concern or criticism.

Peyton H.

Marc K.

Read the full review
If a server experiences a disk problem, we know right away. If Windows encounters a problem, we know right away.

Marc K.

5.0

Complete Tool for basic and for professional setup

First days of you I felt a little lost, then I use the help center and the videos that the company has and start working with it perfectly. They have an AWESOME customer care. They will reply your questions at their forum real quick.

Pros

I used this tool for almost 2 years now. Its great for both, for the lazy sysadmin that want to do some clicks and have a monitor tools working and for the one (like me) that want to monitor almost everything even things that are not normal or out of any standard list. Great tool for small/medium ar super big windows and ad networks.

Cons

I would love a little more support for monitoring linux severs, despite it already has a lot of monitoring for common distros like pfsense

Great Customer Support!

EventSentry is used here to collate event logs, spot errors and trends in our network and security issues that need to be re-mediated. we've found it to be very useful in root cause analysis and troubleshooting network issues. the support staff are amazing and cannot be recommended enough!

Pros

The software itself is very granular and provides numerous customization and optimization options, the limits are endless!

Cons

the only drawback is a big learning curve but this is mainly due to the level of technical capabilities the software has, this is also not a big issue as their support staff are some of the most knowledgeable i have ever personally experienced.

Great! This is what you were looking for. You will be delight AND relieved.

Pros

Manage your deltas? This is it. Why are you looking at all of those log files? Short answer is you probably aren't. That's not good. Get smart. Use ES and just look at the deltas. All seriousness aside, this tool will organize your log events life.

Cons

Be realistic, once you introduce this software into your routine you would honestly have a hard time complaining about what it might NOT do.

After one year of product use: Excellent product and great support

The company our IT department is working for, is a small to mid size company (~550 users). Our team consists of two system engineers, which makes it challenging to always keep track of changes and events on our Windows servers. We invested some time in searching for a suitable SIEM product for Microsoft Windows eventlog consolidation and event notification. After we found other solutions to be...

Pros

The flexibility and range of use

Cons

Nothing notable so far

WARNING - Your tedious event logs will be transformed into situational awareness data.

Did a WebEx with my supervisor to demo EventSentry and show how I’m using it here in our East Coast office. Whenever my boss asked a question, I could display info and immediately provide an answer with just a few mouse clicks. Simple, fast, and on-point. He was very impressed. Installation of upgrades has been smooth and easy. I don't worry that an upgrade will cause loss of my event log data. Excellent documentation of EventSentry installation procedures, use of features, and troubleshooing methods. My company is starting to purchase more licenses and expand use of EventSentry to more of our systems. It's exactly what we need for event log consolidation, auditing, and system management.

Pros

I use several tools for management of computers and networks. EventSentry stands out with its clean, colorful, easy-to-use interface. Set up a web report/data view you need and bookmark it. Quickly surf through browser tabs to view exactly what you're looking for. Identify a problem, assess the situation, then click on the data/graph to drill down for more detail. EventSentry Tech Support staff is outstanding. I've contacted them several times by phone and email. Prompt response and friendly customer service. Most important - they quickly grasped the problem and clearly communicated how to troubleshoot and fix. Stayed with me until problem solved.

Cons

So far I haven't found anything that merits concern or criticism.

A priceless diamond in the rough of monitoring and event management

I've worked in SMBs and Enterprise IT for over 10 years and have yet to find a monitoring solution that compares with EventSentry in the areas of event management, perfmon reporting, alert capability, and ease of use. On top of all of these qualities, the support staff is outstanding and the cost/value ratio is heavily stacked in the clients favor. PROS - Comprehensive and Customizable Event...

1 year after our trial

What a Fantastic product!!!! The installation and configuration was far more intuitive and even quicker than the previous version that we tried. Configuring how and when to send emails (and even shutting them off completely) was just in-your-face simple, and the amount of time it took us to go from download to getting value was significantly less than we had been expecting for a product of this magnitude....

Pros

The usefulness. We spent a few weeks trying to work with Open Source tools like Security Onion to get syslog and system uptime monitoring in place, and ultimately moved on to look for easier to configure/understand products. EventSentry came in significantly cheaper than other non-open-source systems, and has even more features than we were expecting to get use of.

Cons

The console interface is not the most intuitive that I've seen, but once you understand the system with a quick look through the manual, it's pretty simple to get going and get a lot of use out of the system. If I hated looking through manuals like some other people I know, this could have caused a momentary issue.

We use this tool for real-time monitoring and automation, and developed predictive monitoring

We built a monitoring console to accompany the dashboard and the console at is what we use 98% of the time. We have built dozens of plugins and applications to use with and manage EventSentry, and turned the result into state of the art predictive monitoring.

Pros

That all events can be monitored, not just the common ones.

Cons

It has a high learning curve, so you have to be committed professional that understands the underlying network and security principles.

This company is by far the best I've ever dealt with, both personally and professionally.

Pros

This product is feature rich. You can customize email alerts to keep you informed in real time about various issues, i.e. a hard drive going bad, and set it up to send to appropriate parties. Along with event monitoring, it provides heartbeat monitoring, syslog monitoring, SNMP, and much more. We're an organization that has to be HIPAA compliant and the predefined HIPAA reports help us. The price...

Cons

Really pleased, and still improving.

Pros

It's providing more straightforward reporting and alerting than Solarwinds managed, and for significantly less money. The scheduled reporting is a treat, and we're getting really useful analytics on uptime which we are using to hold the ISP, web hosting providers and others accountable to their SLAs. We're also using it for compliance, and I'm able to see every day any patterns that would indicate an attack from within. The AD auditing is also useful for accountability and as I start to bring a culture of change management here. I'm really pleased with the product, it's been a great fit.

Cons

Administration of the software (deploying agents etc.) must be done from the EventSentry server rather than via the web interface. I'd like them to provide a unified administration UI from the web end in the future.

An excellent product to get a handle on your event logs!.

I had been away from EventSentry at different jobs that didn't use this product for log consolidation. Coming back to the product after just a couple of years, I was shocked at the number of new features that have been added. In addition, the web interface is quite slick now. The backend performance (I'm using SQL Server) is fantastic and the site is very responsive. We are using the product for HIPPA reports, SOX Compliance, Performance Monitoring, Syslog and of course Consolidated Event Logs.

Pros

-Ease of use. -Easy to deploy agents. -Security of the collector architecture.

Cons

I wish the Perfmon interface/reporting was better. Removal of agents if you are doing AD Linking to OU's could be better (especially if you forget to remove agent first.

An Excellent Solution for Monitoring Servers

Someone else in the department spent some time setting up monitoring software from a more popular vendor to monitor the workstations in our environment. He found the task to be difficult and unintuitive. And we found the licensing for servers to bit a bit expensive. That's when we found EventSentry, and it was the exact opposite of what we had previously experienced. The pricing was reasonable...

Start the day with EventSentry

We have been using EventSentry for several years now and are extremely happy with the product and the essential capabilities it provides for PCI DSS compliance and stabilizing new servers and environments: - We use the event monitoring and syslog consolidation for all of our event and log information from both our Windows servers as well as all other servers and appliances giving us a consolidated...

Cons

easy to use, powerful app

Pros

The dashboard! we have a small data center and it aggregates the health of each of the server at one glance. it shows everything from network traffic to CPU, it shows the temperature of the data center...any counter you can think of. SNMP/logs are awesome also. i was able to deploy 20 servers and 70 network devices within a couple days.

A Keeper Software Package

EventSentry is an Amazing Tool and Very Cost Effective for us. Netikus developed the whole `Package' that included all the event log tracking required by the FBI for our accountability to the Criminal Justice System. Nothing short of Excellent in my opinion. Every time that I have had a question or tech support concern with EventSentry I have gotten immediate assistance. Netikus staff have...

Cons

EventSentry - The Best Windows Server Monitoring Tool!

My organization wouldn't be caught dead without EventSentry because it takes so much of the manual burden off managing servers and other critical applications. What you will find is easy setup and network discovery, great feature set and many notification options, including via email and SMS. Also detailed and customizable reporting which supports custom date ranges, granular filtering, etc. New...

Cons

Windows Event Log monitoring done right (and much more)!

We've been using EventSentry for several years to store Windows event logs, monitor performance and usage statistics, and keep a handle on compliance requirements. It's ease-of-use and alerting capabilities are exactly what we've needed to keep from being buried in Windows event log hell. I would recommend EventSentry to anyone looking for a log monitoring solution that's ready to go in just a few hours. Pros -Consolidate Windows event logs -Server uptime, performance, and usage monitoring -Customizable alerting options -Compliance reporting -Price! Cons -It doesn't answer the phone

Really interesting features

Pros

This is a different type of network security software than you might be used to, it really offers a lot of interesting tools. SNMP/logs are a huge plus for monitoring as most software packages skim right over these.

Cons

It's hard to say on the price. The one time fee is clearly a little high, but it is extremely competitive in comparison to the monthly fee model. Really depends on what you are trying to get out of it.

EventSentry is a great log management and log consolidation platform!

EventSenty offers many great features at a great price point. It is very flexible and we have leveraged it throughout our environment on many different platforms. The reporting, alerting, and dashboards that are included are very nice and allow you to be proactive and spot issues before they become problem.

Great monitoring software.

EventSentry is "Must Have" for every administrator. We had the free version before, now we are using full licensed version of the software and so far it was the best investment we did in monitoring software. Great Job NETIKUS!

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.