Okta Reviews

4.65/5 (356 reviews)

David Rudder

Single sign-on done right

Reviewed 2019-07-29

We were trying to solve a ubiquitous problem - how to use cloud/saas services within an enterprise and keep control of the authentication to them all. Okta gives us a centralized place to manage those passwords, automates the integration of Active Directory authorization and authentication, and it also helps employees discover what services are available to us.

Chase Palmer, CISSP

Hands Down The Best SSO/Adaptive MFA Solution on the Market

Reviewed 2019-05-28

We have been more than pleased with Okta. It makes signing into a bunch of different applications so much easier and only having to remember one password. Without having any prior knowledge with SAML, being able to set up new applications was still very simple and straightforward.

David Busch

Okta Buyer Review

Reviewed 2019-05-02

Need to provide Single Sign-On (SSO) and policy modeled MFA/Adaptive Authentication along with Directory integration are the main use cases. Okta hit it spot on!

Anonymous

Great tool for giving end users access

Reviewed 2019-02-12

we use this for so much, a user wants to access an email account or group, give them a chicklet for it, it allows for much better sharing of items and greater control over the access as well which is great.

Great User Experience and Easy Administration

Reviewed 2017-05-24

Our users save minutes every single day, no longer repetitively typing and re-typing their directory password. When we have had issues with applications, their support has been extremely responsive. They also take what the community builds as custom applications and will roll those into the app library as they put polish on them and make them ready for prime time.

Bryan Goodyear

Okta is great for MFA

Reviewed 2019-10-18

Overall Okta has been a very easy tool to adopt and use for the organization. It's been consistent and there haven't been any issues apparent to the end user since the rollout.

kalaiselvan kesavel

Reviewed 2019-07-07

Overall, i am very impressed with the Okta with its powerful security standard implementation.

Owen Fuller

Okta - Easy on IT, Easy on End Users

Reviewed 2017-05-11

Okta is intuitive to manage. It packages a lot of components into a single pane of glass (unlike, say, Microsoft's solution which requires a bunch of disparate systems). You get a log of value for your money. The support and development teams are responsive. The support for single sign-on to non-SSO apps with the browser plugin is very helpful. The product looks nice, and is easy for end users to use. The Okta Application Network has far more apps total, with SAML support, and with provisioning support than the competitors.

Alexandra deSibour

Okta is a One-Stop Hub for Everything You Need

Reviewed 2019-09-18

I use Okta on a daily basis to access a variety of resources for work, including email, the helpdesk and my HR information. It is easy to use and navigate. I love that it is a one stop hub for all of my company's resources.

Anonymous

The easiest way to sign in to everything

Reviewed 2019-02-16

Okta has saved me time and energy, and as stupid as it might sound to say that when it comes to maybe 10 seconds for signing in to each service – it definitely adds up over time.

Collin Enke

Seamless and Secure SSO - A UX Review from a Front-End User

Reviewed 2018-12-13

I am a user of this software rather an administrator, but do have some visibility to the back-end as I work with our IT department occasionally. From a user experience standpoint, I have not come across a nicer SSO platform. It is truly a pleasure to use and seamless when accessing our systems.

Jacob Truman

Okta is a powerful, easy to use SSO tool with a decent amount of customizability, easy to administer

Reviewed 2017-05-16

1. I like how easy it is to set up for the first time. We synced up AD to it with very little work, or issue. 2. I love how easy it is to add new applications and maintain our instance. 3. It's very easy to use. We rarely have issues with end users. 4. There are a lot of built in application setups already, which makes it easy to add most software. 5. The documentation and app setup walkthroughs are great.

Reviewed 2019-09-17

I use it daily and never had issues. I think it could use an update on apps because sometimes searching for them they don't show and others do.

Chris Martin

Best two factor Identity Management solution out there!

Reviewed 2018-06-26

Love it, it the best there is out there!

Anonymous

Does what you need it to do

Reviewed 2019-10-21

It was a very positive experience and it's almost expectation that every organization I work with should have Okta.

Anonymous

Makes using my phone for work EASY

Reviewed 2018-05-03

It streamlines my daily work tasks when I'm away from my computer.

Peter Kreder

Okta-mazing!

Reviewed 2018-10-18

Overall, I would recommend Okta to any business that manages loads of people and loads of different applications requiring SSO! We have used it on so many different applications and completely streamlined access for our people, saving us time and in effect...money!

Reviewed 2019-11-10

Great for security and application centralisation. I'll highly recommend it

Nicole Stillman

Great way to streamline applications!

Reviewed 2019-09-24

I highly recommend Okta to all of those that work in a professional environment. It is truly the most efficient way to function throughout the work day. Saves a lot of time.

Natalie Yadegar

Reviewed 2019-10-04

Overall, I have had a good experience with Okta, with the exception of having to sign in many times throughout the day.

Jessie Rettinger

Great tool!

Reviewed 2017-09-07

It simplifies my life & allows me to more easily do the things I need to on a daily basis.

Anonymous

SSO tool to allow you login once to different apps

Reviewed 2019-09-09

Our company is not a huge one, but still we use lots of different websites and apps for work. In the past we had to remember passwords for all these apps separately, but after our company started to use okta, this nightmare is gone. Now you can log into okta once and choose the app you need to log into - very convenient!

Greg Skinner

SAML 2.0 vs OpenID Connect

Reviewed 2019-07-02

Okta is a great SSO vendor, being reliable and overall having very good documentation

John Thomas

Best sign-in manager.

Reviewed 2018-08-06

It is very simple to use. The procedures to get into the application are very easy. No previous knowledge is required to understand its functionality. The task of re-typing your passwords is now minimal since this application solves that very problem. They have both Android and iPhone versions, apart from the desktop version. Since there are a lot of applications already enrolled, it becomes easier to use.

Anonymous

Great for keeping my information safe and organized!

Reviewed 2018-11-30

Okta is an incredibly helpful tool for keeping everything in one place. Instead of having multiple bookmarks to keep track of your usual spots, Okta keeps them nice and organized. It saves your passwords, so there's no need to remember all the passwords you may use across multiple platforms. It also provides an extra layer of security, which is essential to keeping your information safe and secure.

Harish Jayakumar

An application that makes access and identity management an easy task!

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-09-18

Installing and setting up the application is a very simple process. It didn't take me much time to get used to Okta. It has helped us save a lot of time by eliminating the need to type and retype passwords huge number of times. The support team has been extremely responsive to our concerns and issues were solved with in hours. The integration with the AD (active directory) has been seamless, within seconds we were able to import information and create accounts. In addition to thousands of applications in their catalog, they keep adding more each day.

Maxwell (Enmanuel) Tatem

Best SSO solution for use and collaboration

Reviewed 2019-04-11

Basic single sign-on for security, managing and sharing single credentials for multiple team members to leverage.

Anonymous

Make your life easier with Okta

Reviewed 2017-03-27

Ease of use, return on investment, ease of management, reporting, constant improvements. Thats just to hit the top level. Full integration into your environment with more capabilities than most solutions can provide, and all in the cloud. A great place to start for a cloud first methodology.

Anonymous

You can view everything with just one click

Reviewed 2019-05-17

Makes it easier to access any work-related tool with full security, you can easily carry your work on your phone without any worry

Ethan Bennett

OKTA for Waystar

Reviewed 2019-03-26

I like how all of my passwords are kept in one centralized location. I do not have to keep up with them in another document or on paper. Whenever you visit a website that has the stored credentials, the OKTA box pops up and asks if you want to login with your saved information. Makes logging into websites a breeze! Helps save alot of time and headaches.

Hannah Dubyne

Okta is great for improved security

Reviewed 2019-10-22

Okta is in my opinion necessary for any business, especially large ones with lots of administrators, contractors, employees, etc.

Allyssa Ex

Okta > OneLogin

Reviewed 2018-05-04

Best experience I could have asked for. It makes it so easy to log into one account and get access to all of my accounts. I love that I only have to memorize one password and since I work for a cyber security company it makes it easier for us to keep things secure. Also, the Chrome Extension is nice!

Great e-platform for company

Reviewed 2019-06-03

I learned of Okta because my company uses it basically for everything. Okta is a base-camp for all other applications that are not only work-related but also for variety of other sites. Single sign-on system is super useful and time effective. Also Okta checks up on me whether login was successful everytime I visit different sites and Okta tries the best to be most user-friendly as possible.

Kate Hochwalt

Reviewed 2019-03-20

I don't have a problem with Okta but I think you need to create a habit to sign in to it to get to your tools

Murali Kumar

Okta is a cloud-based software that helps companies to improve customer experience, prevent data breached and modernize IT furthermore.

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-01-26

Okta users can feed information needed to log in to different websites and the software can remember it for you, thus making it easy to access a wide variety of accounts, without having to remember each and every passwords as the software remembers the saved login credentials. Okta is easy to use and access and can be used in different platforms such as mobile phones and tablets, making logging into accounts easy. This implements the concept of Single Sign On, which needs the user to only log into one account, that is, of Okta to get access to all the applications of which the credentials have been saved.

Ryan Garner-Carpenter

The only IAM product worth using

Reviewed 2017-12-08

Extensive and constantly growing catalog of integrated apps, services, infrastructure. Straightforward, easy to navigate & use UI. Best customer support of any enterprise service we are currently using. Extremely open and proactive about feedback, product reviews, surveys, etc.

Bryce Buffenbarger

Excellent and Easy Authentication

Reviewed 2019-10-31

Okta is used at our parent organization and throughout all of our sister companies as our authentication option for emails, Zoom, and all Google products.

Tyler Wilson

Single sign-on is great!

Reviewed 2019-07-16

Very pleased with Okta.

Anonymous

Okta is a simple solution for multiple access

Reviewed 2018-08-10

With Okta it is very easy to log into various apps without having to enter a password into every single App. I have over 20 apps so having to do duo sign on (insert password and then have system send push notification) is incredibly convenient. Also, it is easy to request and receive an app.

I use Okta for SSO into my companies apps

Reviewed 2018-03-21

I no longer have to remember 4000 passwords and can instead leverage the SSO capabilities of Okta to access all my apps in one place with the added layer of MFA security they offer

Okta for Business

Reviewed 2018-11-30

I'm grateful for Okta. It seems like a secure way to manage multiple log-ins and systems.

NEERAJ TEWARI

Okta is very efficient software which save lot of time.

Reviewed 2017-10-13

Okta software is very time saver. Single login support is awesome. Access of different tools through single software is great. There is no need to remember password for different password for different application.

Andy Meyers

It's a No-Brainer!

Reviewed 2018-12-11

I love that Okta is essentially our company's one-stop-shop for logging into almost every software/system we access. If you work at a company like mine where you access 10-12 different sites daily that require login credentials -- Okta is a life saver.

Torri DeVries

I'm a fan

Reviewed 2019-02-13

Single sign-on is the best. My company does require 2FA, which became problematic when I was traveling outside of the US because I couldn't receive the SMS but Okta has Okta Verify that you can download as a secondary app to help authenticate. Problem solved!

Megan Gilbertson

Easy user experience for increased security

Reviewed 2019-04-03

As an end user, Okta makes it really easy for me to generate and manage passwords for all my apps. I know it also increases security and compliance for my organization, so it’s a win-win all around.

Victoria Castaneda

We use it as an external authenticator.

Reviewed 2018-06-26

Great way to have all your everyday work applications in one place, and it gives you the ability to have personal applications there as well.

Lauren Schwartz

Okta is easy to use for everyone

Reviewed 2019-10-24

Okta adoption was easy for my team and I. It even offers multiple options for MFA for a variety of preferences.

Guido Drissen

Easy to use application which saves lots of time

Reviewed 2019-09-06

Since it's so easy to use and very useful by remembering your credentials for other webpages it's a must have application for each organisation.

Incredible Platform for Easy Management

Reviewed 2017-07-06

Okta makes life easy. With automatic provisioning of Apps, accounts, and SAML authentication, it's really saved us time (and money) in rolling out new users, and keep current users happy.

Daniel Reiter

What a Time-Saver

Reviewed 2018-12-14

I use OKTA for keeping track of all my passwords..for everything. I have so many logins and I constantly worry that I'm going to forget them and waste time resetting them, or that they're going to be made public somehow and my information will be compromised. OKTA takes care of all that for me by safely and securely remembering everything for me.

Anonymous

Okta is the most simple and powerful identity provider

Reviewed 2018-07-23

Identity management, SSO, login, user provisioning.

Sherry Silcox

My company uses this platform to allow single sign on verification across sites

Reviewed 2018-07-30

All work-related sites in one place for logging in with same sign-on

IAM at its best

Reviewed 2017-10-06

Great tool to bridge solutions with a singled identify provider. Between ease of use, deployment, and management, we enjoy using the tool. End users love the fact they can go to one location for all company approved apps.

Great service

Reviewed 2017-08-08

Easy to add new sites (internal or external) SAML setup available Very secure APIs available to pull data into other services or update Okta User profiles from external "source of truth"

Jared Woodcox

Okta is alright but drives me crazy sometimes

Reviewed 2019-07-16

I haven't seen a ton of benefits other than having all the app tiles visible is helpful at times to quickly access available tools.

Jessica Brandt

Love This Software// Okta

Reviewed 2019-08-01

This tool is great to use. Our IT department made us transfer to Okta and have loved it every minute. There are so many other software companies that integrate with Okta and make it so easy to log in.

Blair Mishleau

Amazing tool for organizations with many programs!

Reviewed 2019-05-04

I used this tool when I taught at KIPP DC, and it was amazing to have all the tools we use in one simple spot!

Secure Logins Without Hassle

Reviewed 2018-05-15

Okta is integrated with most of the applications that I use for work. It saves me time accessing different tools I use, while keeping log in information secure.

Love, hate relationship

Reviewed 2019-01-12

Okta centralizes my logins for frequently used business applications, such as Salesforce, JIRA, Google Drive, etc. and reduces the need to change/remember passwords. It gives me piece of mind that my accounts are secured.

Dave Lavelle

4 plus years over 3 companies

Reviewed 2017-05-02

Simple interface and setup make Okta easy to use and leaves plenty of room to master it. It helps encourage lots of automation and time savings.

Brian Kessell

Great for SSO & Password Management

Reviewed 2019-09-17

Password management and SSO 2FA requirements by IT/Security.

Brandon Holbrook

Advanced Authentication for a secure IT Infrastrcture

Reviewed 2019-08-20

Okta allows our organization to ensure that the person logging into an app is who they say they are. Okta has enabled us to be confident in that aspect of security.

Vishal Bagla

Easy to access multiple apps through a single sign-on

Reviewed 2019-10-23

In the world where we have tons of apps to deal with on a daily basis, it is difficult to remember all the password. Okta helps in integrating all these workplace apps and provide a single sign-on solution without compromising security.

GREAT SSO TOOL

Reviewed 2019-08-30

Allows me to have one single tool where everything is located!

Daniel Cameron

Okta!

Reviewed 2018-08-02

This piece of software is the single best thing to happen to the internet. Passwords that are constantly changing are the bane of my existence and this software helps keep my sanity. Thank you.

Good for security

Reviewed 2018-09-25

Keeps everything safe and secure with it's multiple step verification. Okta is great for privacy and preventing unauthorized access to business laptops and phones.

Anonymous

don't ever worry about remembering your passwords ever again

Reviewed 2019-08-16

overall my experience has been good. I like that it has the mobile version so that way I can access my work email from my phone with no issues

Agnes Chung

New to these security system apps? Okta is a good choice for beginner level users

Reviewed 2019-08-13

My company uses Okta for authentication. Before this, I've never used any authentication app to get into my tools and platforms. However, Okta was easy to grasp and understand how to use. Of course, my tech team and orientation helped, but I like how it's just a simple "approve authentication" button, and that's it. It syncs to Apple Watch too.

Colby Stoker

Easily manage many things in one place

Reviewed 2018-09-05

Okta makes it easy to organize many different platforms/sites needed for work. Keeps it all in one place and allows sign-in to be very easy and seamless.

Rahul Prasad

Okta user review

Reviewed 2019-07-23

The most liked feature is Push method used for log into to your organization websites. We have it configured for our organization and it work like a charm every time and your site is secured from unwanted users.

Erica Christiansen

Perfect

Reviewed 2016-07-27

The best thing about Okta is its ease of use. I have had end users call me and say they must have done something wrong because nothing is ever "just that easy". I always love to be able to say "Okta is"

Keley Moore

Convenient Single Sign-On Dashboard

Reviewed 2018-11-20

I like that Okta keeps all my work programs easily accessible on a single sign-in dashboard. Signing in with one set of credentials makes using several programs super convenient.

joy chen

Get Okta and never have to remember a password again

Reviewed 2017-02-22

IT set this up. I was wary at first but SSO is awesome. I use my work laptop to do personal stuff (caught!) and it remembers all my passwords so I never have to scrummage through notebooks, etc.

Rachel Feldermann

Use Okta every day!

Reviewed 2019-07-25

Okta is one of my favorite tools we use at my company. We have all of the different softwares we use consolidated on different Okta tiles. When I log in to do anything I go through Okta tiles and it works great.

Anonymous

Easy way to manage various accounts

Reviewed 2019-10-15

It streamlines the login process and makes it easier to access different sites/software I need.

Makes life so easy.

Reviewed 2018-05-01

Makes my day more efficient.

Anonymous

Never have to remember your ADP password again

Reviewed 2018-05-15

In todays corporate culture you are using multiple resources and software tools in your day to day. Each tool is asking you to change your password and different intervals making it near impossible to keep up. This takes care of all that for you.

Reviewed 2018-08-23

Company security seems to be stronger.

Takes the stress away

Reviewed 2018-10-09

Okta is a great tool that allows me to confidently store my login info for all the different software apps I use for work. I don't have to worry about things getting stolen due to the 2 step authentication I have applied. Great product!

Anonymous

Fast way to login into different websites without a hassle.

Reviewed 2018-05-10

Simple way to sign in into different websites by saving our credentials.

Not sure it's worth it

Reviewed 2018-12-28

Single Sign On Self Service Portal Sync Office 365 licensing to AD Groups

Casey Herrmann

Easily integrate all your apps in one location

Reviewed 2019-04-22

We use Okta for our school to provide a seamless integration within the multiple apps and software we use on a daily basis. It is very functional and a time saver for the employees and students.

Anonymous

Single Sign In w/ Okta is Easy!

Reviewed 2019-02-21

It's very simple to log in and then have all of my work applications there so I don't have to continue signing in to each individual application. The mobile push function is also very quick and useful.

Kyley Shinead Eagleson

Keeps things secure and simple

Reviewed 2019-01-21

Okta makes it simple to login to the various systems I use in my job. It keeps everything in one place and keeps my accounts secure.

Anonymous

Super easy to use and provides more security

Reviewed 2017-11-07

It's super easy to use and set up. The instructions that it provides is well written. I didn't have to track down my coworkers to set it up. There's a phone app that I set up to push a notification to my phone so I can approve verifications quickly. That is my favorite feature.

Jeremy Mayfield

OKTA is a great tool which saves time and money

Reviewed 2017-06-22

I like that it bring the internet applications like ADP and others to a Single sign on environment linked to your Active Directory. Having that means users can add approved applications for business or personal use and have them easily secured via AD

Anonymous

Easy to navigate as an end user

Reviewed 2018-04-10

I use Okta at my current organization to login to the various tools we use as a company, and it makes life much easier!

Kristopher Herring

Okta rocks

Reviewed 2016-12-28

My company has been using Okta for about a year now. All I really have to say is that it's awesome. We rarely have to unlock user accounts anymore, and everybody seems to know where to go to access their apps and resources. OKTA!

Maurizio Arpino

I love using Okta. I always have good experiences using this.

Reviewed 2018-06-19

The thing I like the most is the ease of use and how simple it is to organize all your applications and navigate from one to another.

Braedan Hentz

Great Product - Very Simple Setup and Use

Reviewed 2017-11-14

Love this software! We needed a software security and directory solution and this has been great since day 1!

Sofia Gomez

Two-Factor made easy

Reviewed 2019-05-17

For a mandatory two-factor authentication migration, this tool simplified it as much as is expected.

Mark Wright

SSO is the best!

Reviewed 2019-01-23

Single Sign on with okta makes everything easier. When you're using a million different apps for work, it's wonderful to only have to sign in with one tool every time.

Shane Vogelsberg

Easy to Use Hub

Reviewed 2019-10-14

Overall Okta is great. Easy to use and super convenient.

Dan Ronatay

Get all your apps in one screen, sign in to them simply by clicking the tile from Okta!

Reviewed 2018-03-12

I like how it's easy to add and remove tiles. It also automatically logs you in on the selected app and it offers to save password on new app when it's your first time logging to it.

Chayce O'Neal

Okta will make your users and you happy to work!

Reviewed 2017-08-30

It automates process, it secures your users, it is a single source of truth, and it is just easy to use!

Great 2FA Product

Reviewed 2018-06-21

Easy way to keep your network secure. Can verify with push notifications or a code. Pretty solid overall.

Candi Rogers

Reviewed 2019-08-06

Thank goodness for not having to remember all the passwords anymore. Okta is one click and I can reach all my apps that I use daily. It's my first log in of the day.

Okta Provides a Universal/Single Sign On Platform

Reviewed 2018-06-12

Allows you to integrate multiple systems/software into one single sign on, allows multi factor authentication, allows user and permission based software management, can request additional software, and customize. Supported on the mobile too!

Brandon Holbrook

Okta takes identity management to new heights!

Reviewed 2018-10-03

When it comes to securing company resources and making it easy for users to go to multiple different sites with one dashboard Okta has it covered. They've recently added automated password suggestions for new websites. It's a great addition to our IT suite of products.

Matt "Griff" Keller

Okta - Great for Single Signin

Reviewed 2019-07-18

This allows us to not have to remember all passwords or set up individual logins. It uses single signon authentication, I am not sure if it is LDAP or AD. With its function it seems to be more AD oriented.