Routific Reviews

Pros

Really lovely people, great customer service. Good response times and always happy to help.

Adam S.

The features have allowed for better and more in-depth services to be provided by our team. We love the fact that routes are saved and can be analyzed at a later date.

Sean H.

As a business introducing home delivery for the first time - and with little background in logistics this has been simple to use, great for customer communication and all for a great price.

Nick C.

Cons

Some of the process UI is annoying, inefficient. Unnecessary confirmation dialogs when selecting drivers.).

Nat W.

The inability to close Canada/US border when routing trips. Routing trips over the course of multiple days.

Jeff G.

It wasn't immediately obvious how to find on the dashboard the routes already created, but perhaps this was lack of familiarity as I did figure it out after a while.

Rachel B.

4.9

Exactly what I needed!

I'm running two week-long STEM summer camps for middle schoolers. Our original plan was to have the campers at the local high school all day and we were going to feed them snacks and lunch from our top local caterer. Well, due to COVID19, we have converted camp to an "at home" experience. But we are determined to keep the food component, so we are driving lunch to 35 campers each day. My wife, my friend [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and two of my students are doing the driving. Using my free trial, I was able to set up [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as drivers. Then, I was able to plug the 35 campers into routific, optimize the routes, and then dispatch. It was AMAZING. What an incredible product.

Pros

So easy to use. So easy to make modifications to your stops, drivers, and routes. And the dispatch button is magic.

Cons

I have no complaints. Maybe another pricing tier for users like me.

Slick, clean, easy to use routing software

Our restaurant started delivering a large number of meals for a government program due to COVID-19. We were not prepared for the logistical challenge. At the beginning, we were trying to split up the addresses in Excel by city, print out spreadsheets with addresses for drivers, check off what had been completed, canceled, or rescheduled, take notes, etc. It was a disaster. It was impossible to organize,...

Pros

My favorite feature about Routific is how easy is it to dispatch routes to drivers. For a brand new driver, all they have to do is install the app on their phone. After that, Routific sends a text message with a link that opens the route automatically in the app. For dispatchers working with tech-impaired employees, this is a life-saver! You don't have to create accounts for them or share passwords...

Cons

As great as the software is, it does get expensive quickly. In fact, for a small business, it's about as expensive as I think we could take, especially with its per vehicle pricing model. I think maybe plans that included a certain number of vehicles might make more sense. Also, the pricing for customer notifications feels exorbitant. It starts at $16 (annual plan, $19 for monthly), which might be...

Good system, well designed, but too pricey if I only need for 1 driver.

The faster routes for the job.

Pros

How quick it puts the routes together and that you can select different options. And the customer service.

Cons

I was very disappointed to know that to retrieve my driver notes and places she stops, I had to pay an additional fee.

Cristina, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so sorry you didn't think Routific was worth the money. It's true that in order to track your drivers and collect notes, you need to subscribe to our live tracking feature. I'm sorry if this wasn't clearly communicated to you before signing up.

My experience with Routific - what an wonderful company and an amazing product.

We had used the Routific API when conducting a costing exercise late last year and had found it exceptionally easy to use. 3 months ago when we decided to start delivering some of our own freight in a van we turned to Routific again and began using the software using xls files to import the delivery information. within two weeks our team had integrated it with our ERP so that these imports were not necessary making it a breeze to manage the van and the ever changing runs. Also this review would not be compleat without a shoutout to Alfin. he has been absolutaly wonderful to work with.

Pros

Ease of Use. It was exceptionally easy for my team to integrate with our ERP. This is due to the API being well structured and the Documentation being well laid out and containing all the relevant information. The UI is very well laid out and my staff had no trouble at all learning how to use it. Our driver also finds the web interface easy to use and very intuitive. the way he can open the next destination in Google Maps saves him a lot of time.

Cons

I don’t really see any Cons. The Features that I would like to see in the software in the future are, the ability to track the driver in realtime and possibility a native Android App.

Great route planner for SME

Pros

In the beginning I liked how easy it was to set up and start. I just exported my customer's addresses into a CSV document and started planning routes. Saved me a ton of time. Later on I started to love the API that they offer so now I have all kinds of optimization and time saving features built in.

Cons

There is nothing that I can think that I haven't been able to solve in some way using Routific. It fulfills all my needs.

Made my deliveries 3x more productive

Very positive. Easy. It took me a couple of days to learn how to input all the info and manage it and know how the dispatch works and everything. Very positive.

Pros

Its intuitive, it has awesome features like the client notifications, and everytime I had a question I was serviced in a very comprehensive and friendly fashion. They didnt stop until I said I was satisfied.

Cons

Just a little bug that you can't manually input the coordinates of a place, it has to be uploaded from excel every time.

Efficiency and Increased Delivery numbers

Overall Routific has been easy to use. It works well with our order system and is affordable for our small business. I like the visual representation of the stops. It allows at a glance understanding of how the day is progressing.

Pros

I like the customer notifications. Allows us to do faster drops and means more deliveries a day. I like the ease of rescheduling or cancelling deliveries.

Cons

I would like to send different notification messages to different types of customers. being able to assign 2 different messages to specific customers would be a bonus I would like to use coordinates more. making it easier to enter coordinates into the "add a stop" quickly would be extremely beneficial as we serve many rural areas without addresses.

What a Find!

I'm really not sure where our company be without Routific! We have been able to perform at a peak level due to to the software, allowing our staff to handle a large volume of deliveries, with minimal effort...

Pros

Ability to plan, route and manage daily trips through basic and simple steps!

Cons

The inability to close Canada/US border when routing trips Routing trips over the course of multiple days

Great For Small online Business that have a number of drivers

Pros

very easy to set up, upload bulk orders/deliveries and very quick to adjust the deliveries into a smooth route. I really like the live tracking, when customer call and ask when they will get there order I can easily check the system and give the customer a realistic time frame.

Cons

It would be great if you could have an admin app for phones. when customers call me about there order i have to always go to a PC login in open the program then fine the route etc. if it was an admin phone app that can see the live routes it would be very helpful for people on the go. As a small/medium business who has just started online sales you have to subscribed to many applications. you need to pay for online store, integration apps (zapier), Mailchimp and now for delivery a routific. when you compare routific to the other apps on the chain i spend more money on it and get the lower level (less premium version) where on my other apps i pay less but i am on higher tiers.

Not Fake News: This App is Truly Great

There are a lot of disappointing apps out there in the Shopify app store and often the weaknesses are not immediately apparent, so only after trial and error and heartache does one realize the app does not meet expectations. It is incredibly refreshing to use an app that met and exceeded expectations.

Pros

With just a little figuring we were able to use Routific with great results. Easy to create driver profiles, easy to set up with orders from Shopify, easy for drivers to use.  We are a first time e-commerce site and plunged directly into making about 25 daily local deliveries in an area that spans 75 miles. All our drivers are volunteers so they had no special experience making deliveries, and I had...

Simple as bread

Excellent made my life a lot simpler. If we scale, I hope it will scale with us. I also like the support guys were super helpfull

Pros

The simplicity is king. I dont have to show my drivers anything the administration is funny how easy it is. The other software made the whole task look super difficult with a ton of features I didn't use. I also like the interface, the simple use of colors. Its so simple my little brother can use it.

Cons

It is maybe laking some simple features like more notes for drivers. I would need a note that I can name. My guys have to put bread in to deliveries and for them to know how much to but I would like a costumizible note that i could name Bread and just add 1,2,3... Also there are a few bugs, and the softwere becomes a bit slow to respond when you go 250+delivery.

Thanks for the great review! You mentioned that you'd like to create notes for drivers. We in fact have this this! You can use "custom fields" when you upload your stops. https://academy.routific.com/en/articles/1370850-custom-fields-and-how-to-add-them

No words to describe how helpful and easy to use Routific is!!!

Pros

Our church has a large scale fundraiser two to three times per year where we make and distribute approx 1000 chicken salad lunches across our community (~25 mile radius). All deliveries must be completed in about 2.5-3 hours and everyone participating is a volunteer (no previous professional delivery experience). Traditionally we were having problems getting enough volunteers to manage the delivery...

Cons

Really have nothing negative about the software at all to share. It is expensive for our situation where we have two to three one day events per year but have 10 or more drivers on those three days. If your business is delivery this produce would be an absolutely cost effective investment just on the fuel and time it saves alone. Highly recommend Routific!

We love using this software! Great service!!!

Pros

The many things I love about this program include the fact that I am able to see approximately where my drivers are and know when they will make it to their next stop. I also love the signature capture feature included in the program. It helps me to prove who signed for the delivery. Being able to route many drivers at a time and not have them overlap is truly an asset. The customer service that this company provides is excellent! When I have an issue they are on it immediately. I love that my representative knows who I am and wants to deal with me. I would appreciate a photo capture feature enabled into the program to prove when something has to be left on a porch, but I feel it will be rolled out eventually.

Cons

I would say the only thing that I would like to change about this program is the cost. When I first started I felt the value for the money was great, but since the new features have been added I feel it is just a little out of the good value price range. I would like to have a flat fee to run unlimited vehicles, also.

Made Our Days Way Easier!

Fantastic! This was exactly what we had been looking for for months.

Pros

This software was a godsend. Since Covid, we have primarily been servicing our participants via delivery. For months we were trying to find an application that would be beneficial and save us valuable time and resources, so we can better serve our community. Fortunately, I received a delivery from another company that was utilizing Routific and they couldn't stop singing it's praises. We've been able...

Cons

The only issues we came across, were the occasions in which we had to stop what we were doing after the routes had been published and we're trying to dispatch the routes. It would intermittently ask for permissions that had already been given. Not always ideal, when we're rushing out the door. But again, this happens only once in awhile.

Delivering in times of Pandemic

Great, we've always done limited home delivery of our sourdough, but with the COVID19 lock down, demand for home delivery has sky-rocketed, and I needed a system that was quick to set up and would save me time overall. I've been really happy with Routific, it was easy to create a CSV export from my ordering system that fed straight into the app.

Pros

Best features are the easy import from a CSV, and the fact that it remembers your data mapping for future imports. And the customer notification feature is great, it means I don't have to deal with calls. Also, the predicted delivery times are incredibly accurate.

Cons

I haven't found a way to say deliver to location A before delivering to location B, say if we have to pick up stock from one supplier, before delivering to another customer. I can do it manually though.

I never give 5 stars...

Super happy! We needed an intuitive, plug and play solution for managing several drivers at the same time and Routific saved the day. Customer service has also been excellent and willing to work with us. It's pricey but worth every penny.

Pros

We had to pivot quickly from doing farmers markets to making deliveries after coronavirus hit. Routific ended up being a perfect solution for us, helping us manage 5 drivers and 150 deliveries all delivering on the same day. Getting set up was super intuitive and quick, and we were operationalized within an hour of creating an account. The routing algorithm isn't very customizable, but it's very easy to drag and drop stops from one driver to another, or to shift the stops around. Driver experience was very smooth as well.

Cons

Team at Routific is still adding features, so this will likely be outdated soon after writing (April 3, 2020). The interaction between the software and native map apps on the phone could use a little work. Also as mentioned, the routing algorithm is set up to basically only give out an even number of stops to each driver, regardless of length of route. It's easy enough to fix and we can ship a full manifest, exactly how we want it, with 15 minutes of work after uploading the stops.

Simple and Scalable route planning software that saves you time

Simple to setup, simple to use. Fun and informative with the facts about bees (lots of apps miss this 'pleasure' aspect). Can highly recommend Routific for route planning for any size business.

Pros

Routific is really easy to use, especially when uploading addresses via csv. We went for a 'simple' integration approach of exporting orders from our website into csv and importing them into routific. Only brand new addresses (that aren't even on google maps yet) had a bit of difficulty - but for context, it's about 10 in every 2000 deliveries we made where we had to manually adjust those addresses. Overall, super pleasant app!

Cons

Main missing feature would be the ability to have multiple users without needing to share a single login. And then the other feature that would be nice would be the ability to 'drop' addresses onto the map without having to rely on the address search function.

Routific is the best routing planner!

Pros

During the coronavirus crisis my Organization started building a network of volunteers to deliver groceries and medications to 1500+ members which are above 65 years old of our local community. With routific we found the perfect solution to our routing needs, its ease of use and modern design made planning all the stops easy, and to top it all off our volunteers can click which stops they have completed allowing us to see where they are. One of the best features is the SMS notifications allowing us to give our customers a time-window of when they can expect a delivery to occur, this helped us to stay in touch with them and get feedback easily. All in all after having gone through multiple trials of other softwares before routific I can really recommend this as a routing software.

Cons

Currently the routing is only for cars, it would be cool to be able to change the route optimization for cargo-bicycles for example. Everything else works perfectly!

Innovation and quality for your transport

I had a really good time. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is my Routific's consultant and has always helped me if there were problems. I am also very happy with the economic aspect; they have always been willing to discuss and meet my requests.

Pros

In a few moments the software is able to organize my deliveries. It provides very important support for my drivers.

Cons

There are very few aspects that I don't like. I would like Routific to offer me an alternative when planning tours, if some deliveries are excluded from planning due to lack of time or other problems.

Love Routific!

Pros

I love this software because it is so simple and easy to use. It helps us a lot with our daily runs. It's a really easy and great tool to have. Customer service is amazing. They are really committed to this product and to their customers.

Cons

There are a few things that are still missing. For example, switching an order from one date to another would be extremely helpful as some customers are not available on some dates. Also being able to select more than 1 order to unschedule it. I like to make my own runs but Routific routes them on its own and I have to unschedule them 1 by 1.

Game-changer for small scale food distribution and food relief org.

Brilliant. Love it. And...to top it off every bit of correspondence we've had with the Routific HQ has been fast, responsive and generous. Go team!

Pros

We love this software and are constantly discovering other capabilities that allow us to scale and manage constant changing variables (e.g. different drivers, destinations, loads, etc.). This software was a game changer for us in the Covid response. We were able to grow quickly - 6-fold in terms of capacity to distribute low cost/no cost food to four local suburbs.

Cons

It would be great to see this software integrated with the Open Food Network online platform. It could really catapult small-scale food producers, farmers and food hubs to aggregate, distribute and transport their produce and goods quickly and efficiently to markets and consumers. In writing this...it was only that we had to do quite a bit of back end work on spreadsheets to make them integrate better with the Routific format.

Designed for API integration, Routific is highly usable and excels with its own UI

I started using Routific to build a direct to consumer same-day home delivery program of hard cider and beer. In less than three weeks, my team of four drivers has made over 1000 deliveries. Routific is central tool to managing this process. I demo'ed two other solutions before selecting Routific.

Pros

Extremely low learning curve. UI is simple to understand. High quality and rapid response to help requests. No unnecessary features. Flexibility in how you use it. Does not push you into one style. Useful for same-day delivery businesses, which are a big challenge. Excellent trial offer to get you started.

Cons

Some of the UI elements are a bit buggy requiring careful clicking. (Route/stop timeline) Some of the process UI is annoying, inefficient. (Unnecessary confirmation dialogs when selecting drivers.)

Great software

Overall it is a great product.

Pros

The ability to change which driver was taking each delivery. We make changes right up until the trucks are leaving based on weight, traffic, backorders, etc. so being able to drag and drop stops from one driver to another allows us to balance the routes.

Cons

We are looking for a system that also GPS tracks the drivers so we can confirm that they have completed the stops, along with e-signatures for our deliveries.

Hey there! Thanks for the review. Just wanted to let you know that while we do not track the live GPS location of your drivers, we do have a delivery status tracking feature that allows you to see when drivers have completed stops. It also allows you to collect e-signatures. If you want to take a look at these features and give Routific another try, let us know. We're happy to walk you through it.

Essential tool for SMEs with delivery fleet

It's the best routing solution out there. It is the best at what it does. If you are wasting time doing routes automatically, and you have pressure to minimize gasoline cost and manhours, this is a great solution.

Pros

Ease of use. It is extremely intuitive and simple to set up.

Cons

The solution is missing analytics of your routes

Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the Routific team!

Routific has been a fantastic help for me as we tackle a charity project during the pandemic. We are photographers doing The Front Steps Project ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]). As of this review, we have been able to raise over $25,000 in donations to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Without Routific, there is no way we could generate as many donations as we do because we could not get to as many people. Also, it’s amazing for up-front planning. I can take 50-100 address in a community, dump into Routfic and then easily break the project into days – the first 20-25 are day 1, then next 20-25 are day 2, etc. It would be a nightmare for me to try to figure that out manually. Thank you for making it available for charities like this project!!!

Pros

Ease of use. Simple integration/import from Excel data (or any CSV data source). Integration into mobile device GPS products (Google Maps, Waze, Apple Maps). Accuracy of routing. Ability to integrate exceptions (time windows) at the individual customer/stop level. Customer service is great!

Cons

I really don't have any cons to mention.