CorelDRAW Reviews

1.4K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.41/10

Reviews by rating

I like how easy it is to use and how my pictures come out. I tend to draw for my stories so it helps that I can visualize it in such a clean and colorful format.
But the more you use it, the more you’ll realize how user friendly it is. I was so fascinated with Corel draw I even enrolled for a comprehensive tutorial.
Great software, I have used this for over 10 years, great with a tablet, great features and easy to learn.
The Trouble Shooting criteria is worst in CorelDraw, and that is after few hours or some uneven period getting known to the problem nothing going to be fix this issue.
After 4 hours and 5 days with customer service, they tell us that it's a known problem and nothing is being done to fix it. This is by far the worst experience you will have with any software company.
The worst part about CorelDRAW is that you have to do a complete research to start understanding the features and how to use it.

1,492 reviews

Robert B.

Founder

Medical Devices, 1-10 employees

Long-Time User and a Big Fan of Corel

Transcript

Robert B.: My name is Rob. I am VP of sales and marketing. My score for CorelDRAW is a five star. For...

IS

Isabel S.

Portrait Artist

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Fantastic software!

Transcript

Speaker 1: Hi, my name is Isabel. I am a portrait artist. And I give CorelDRAW a five. For more reviews...

JAZE P.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

Explore CorelDraw

My creative juices are constantly flowing when I'm using this software, I just made a massive fashion catalog in a span of one week because the software reduces all the monotonous tasks I usually have to deal with to a minimal.

Pros

If you are a graphics professional looking for a powerful solution to boost your creativity, then look no further than the new CorelDRAW 2021 Graphics Suite. It amplifies the design process by giving you advanced illustrations and superb photo editing features that help you achieve nothing less than a masterpiece every time. The software comes with a versatility that will satisfy any creative need. It is an all-in-one graphic design suite for vector illustration, page layout, photo editing, font management and so much more.

Cons

I was not able to find any cons about the software, I tried so hard to see were the faults were but till this day, I have been nothing but pleased with it.

Erik M.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Old but still gold.

9/10 Good price, you learn a lot using this, it's like training wheels for graphic designers

Pros

I loved it because it is the software for begginners, its simply to use and once you can dominate and learn how works, you can jump to another software more complete. Or you can still using this one.

Cons

Its like a little old, and it need some upgrades to keep competing with newest software.

CB

Charles B.

Corel Crash

I am a Corel Draw professional. Been using since Corel Draw2. I have upgraded just about everytime Corel came out with a new version. 2017 (19) was the last stable version. 2018 was terrible and 2019 seems to follow suite. I run it on W10 Pro on a Older MAC Pro (8 Core 32GB, 1G VC) using Parallels desktop PRO version. Do yourself a favor and learn illustrator!

Pros

Looks Fancy, has some cool drawing tools

Cons

Crashes all time, makes thing more complex than they need to be.

ME

Mark E.

Sporting Goods, 11-50 employees

Ticks the Box for print & Cut

Having used CorelDraw for the last 10 years , its kept up with modern day needs , the subscription service is a neater way to stay up to date.

Pros

The Macro & Script feature , allows us to implement lots of different graphic layouts at the touch of a designated hot key.

Cons

The new layout lacked some intuitiveness.

Kevin O.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

A Graphic Designer's and Artist's Dream

It has helped me grow my business and sell my designs and art printed on clothing, accessories, and gifts all over the globe.

Pros

This software is loaded with things I was using from about three different programs. Aside from all the spectacular uses it has, not having to use one program, then switch to another, and possibly another to finish a design is brilliant!

Cons

There are so many additional things to purchase to do more work or have more tools, effects, etc but I know how to do most all of them without the additions, so it is okay

Shaunak P.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Old but still widely used graphics designing software

So far my experience is amazing, I have worked on various graphic designing internships and we made social media posts, flyers, posters, advertisements, and much more with CorelDRAW.

Pros

Where ever you will go to get your design ready, you will find designers using CorelDRAW. It is the most widely used software for ages. Also, it was the first software that I learned. Nowadays I use Canva also. But still, the extension of CorelDRAW file .cdr is very popular among the market leaders. I love that they have started providing mobile apps as well.

Cons

I would love to see more precision editing with templates and also a walkthrough should be given. The only con I see as of now is that it should recommend users to use the latest techniques to create elements or artifacts by suggestion based on user metrics that are being collected in the background.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Vector software

I used Corel for several years before finally transitioning the vectors to another platform and it was tough the whole time.

Pros

Corel has lots of hidden abilities inside it and the ability to achieve some very strong and complex graphics.

Cons

It’s a very awkward software- much more primitive compared to software I’ve used in the past. It’s took longer to learn than I expected

David S.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Corel over Adobe

Started using it at a previous job, used it for scanning and color correcting childrens' artworks, liked it so much I decided to make the switch over to Corel myself.

Pros

I've been using Corel instead of Adobe for years now, ever since Adobe switched to a subscription base. It's auto vectorizing feature is fantastic for scanning in my ink drawings and making them vector images without having to trace everything myself. Very easy to use and adapt to if you've been using Photoshop for awhile and have been looking for something else.

Cons

The fact that it isn't industry standard like Adobe is unless you're in the screen printing or automotive wrap industries.

Dalmir A.

Graphic Design, self-employed

The beginning of Design

I have a strong connection with CorelDraw because when I started my career as a Graphic Designer it was this software that launched me into the job market.

Pros

The good thing about CorelDraw is that some vectors you can't do in Adobe Illustrator you can do in CorelDraw, it's simpler than Illustrator and easier to use.

Cons

However, not all companies ask for CorelDraw skills, most ask for Adobe products, I think this is a big disadvantage for CorelDraw.

Evelyn F.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Traditional and Trustful Design Software

CorelDRAW is a great designing tool trying to regain the niche it used to have in the past. Powerful, full of features, but it is difficult to learn if you came from a software as InDesign or Inkscape.

Pros

You can design barely anything on this tool. The user interface is great.

Cons

It is somewhat expensive. Many people is not familiar with the way to employ this software. It is not as common today as it was in the past.

HF

Hayden F.

Media Production, self-employed

Where everything started, and keeps on going.

I started my design life with Corel Draw when I worked on a advertisement agency back in 1998. I was able to produce a lot of content and it was a fun experience to start the design journey with Corel. I ended up switching to Adobe Illustrator in 2004, since that was the software choice for the company that I worked for, and I learned to adapt to it, and ended up completely changing my workflow for...

Pros

This is the software that ignited my love for graphic design, Fully featured graphics and content production Can be purchased upfront and you own that version forever.

Cons

It's not industry standard for the US market. Has some hoops that needs to be jumped through to make it work with other contributors Also implemented the membership model (but it can also be bought in full)

GS

Goran S.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1-10 employees

Good vector illustration software

I used to use CorelDRAW when I started my professional journey but I soon switched over to other apps and CorelDRAW was all but forgotten. In late 2020, I bought the Humble Bundle bundle that included CorelDRAW and I was immediately star-struck. It is now a beautiful, modern, and very user friendly piece of software. I started using it for designing graphics that we put in our documentaries. I now use it together with all the other graphic software, especially when vectors would be a better option for the project, and I am extremely happy with it.

Pros

I love how much CorelDRAW improved in the last year. It went from being an ugly duckling to a beautiful and useful software. It even has a collaboration chat feature built in! It is also industry standard in printing shops which greatly helps streamline my other business.

Cons

I like CorelDRAW and could not find anything wrong with it. If anything it is a great alternative to other vector illustration softwares like Adobe Illustrator.

SR

Stephen R.

Computer & Network Security, 1-10 employees

I resisted buying a product like this for so long - I wish I had bought it years ago!

CorelDRAW is quite simply one of the best purchases I have ever backed. It gets used 2, 3 or 4 times a week acoss the business. The incredible number of tools available may not all be used by us but the fact is, when someone has an idea to do something, CorelDraw has a simpler or better way of doing it than other products we have used previously.

Pros

If you have used a graphics program before, then this is a professional solution will be a familiar one.

Cons

It is important to understand layers and also how to select different elements for editing.

ST

Savannah T.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

CorelDraw

Overall I like CorelDRAW based on the value of the product in someone ease of use.

Pros

Very users friendly and there are a bunch of tutorials that you can watch to figure things out. Less expensive than adobe creative cloud. You can either buy program or purchase a subscription.

Cons

It takes a bit of getting used to and trying to figure the different options within Corel draw. It doesn’t have a whole bunch of extra add-ons. You need various products to work in conjunction with it.

SD

Sachith D.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

The Best Graphics Editor

Overall, We recommend CorelDRAW as an excellent choice for logo designers vector art creators. As it has tons of features excellent for designing various kinds of arts. Also, most of the brands use CorelDRAW for their logo designing. Moreover, game designers also use CorelDRAW to create game graphics and details as they can intensify them according to their needs.

Pros

Designing: CorelDRAW is simply powerful and versatile software. It grants a remarkable opportunity for its users in creating logos and graphics. If one needs to create vectors for logos, graphics, or any other reason this software will be the best choice. The intensity of graphic designing can also be changed using CorelDRAW which makes it an excellent platform for its users. Vector illustrations: CorelDRAW can be used in very different ways such as it can be used to make illustrations equipped with 3D effects. There are tons of options within the software itself to produce vector-based arts with the quality of any scale. Also, it comes with a variety of tools that aid users in creating custom designs.

Cons

Experience: CorelDRAW is not easy to learn or easy to use the software. To use it at a professional level one needs a tremendous amount of time and patience. The mechanics of this software are not simple. It can be very challenging for users especially for newbies to get familiar with all of its abilities. RAM: CorelDRAW comes with all the features but none of it comes for free. A decent amount of RAM is required for the software to make it work properly. The users cannot own the software completely and have to subscribe to a specific plan according to their needs.

JB

Jonaths B.

Design, self-employed

Essential program, but needs improvement

In general, Corel Draw is helping me to solve my business problems. What are my business problems? I needed an application suite where I could create a layout: flyer, business card, banner, billboard, newspapers, magazines and also pieces for social networks and Corel Draw with its versatility helped me a lot. I have been a Corel Draw user since version 11, I have been using it since 2005. As time...

Pros

The Corel Draw application suite has features that are necessary to have a great workflow. Some features are impactful like the font manager, something very useful, as it is not necessary to install the fonts (typography) in the computer's operating system. Another good feature is the possibility of working with scale. This allows us to create a layout for cars, buses and billboards in a quiet and wise way. The product is very versatile, simple and easy to use. Integrating it with my business processes is extremely easy, enabling a very fast and productive learning curve.

Cons

The Corel Draw suite has many features that are excellent, but you need to improve many details. When working with many geometric points (or vectors), Corel Draw has a little difficulty in processing, even on a computer with a great processor, video card and memory. Another detail to be improved is the need to have more fluidity in some effects, to add existing effects on competitors: Adobe Illustrator...

Tk

Tim k.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

The easier,cheaper route to desktop design excellence

The competition in the market for desktop design software is very much skewed against the success of corel draw, but it surprisingly has stood the test of time.Most powerful and popular design software really takes alot of time to learn in a useful manner. Coreldraw is the opposite, especially for those of us who have design intersecting with their work, but not neccessarily being their main Job. Team members who learnt with coreldraw rarely used other tools except the rare occassion to make a file suitable for sharing.

Pros

Once you setup corel, the design environment is straightforward to get started with, and functionality is easy to decipher from the available menus.

Cons

Because its not the default design software most people use, you have to always be deliberate and considerate of how you manage your design files to be compatible with other software.

Design, self-employed

My preferred design software!

Corel Draw has been essential to my sign writing business over the years and has given me the tools to develop my marketing portfolio also so very positive experience wiht this software.

Pros

I have used this software for around 10 years for vector art for sign writing and for marketing design for online and print ads. It is full of functionality and a lot of elements of it are easy to use. Being able to send images to other Corel software it great and the functions for sign writers are good.

Cons

There is so much functionality that is not always obvious what it achieves. I have had to study the user guides and teach myself some functions which are more fiddly however for someone with advanced education or formal training with this software I expect it would be easier. Ten years in I am still learning new techniques with it. It is definitely not the cheapest option on the market but it is a professional tool.

KD

Kwame D.

Financial Services, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Simplicity

That far's been very great I actually utilize this product, particularly for monochrome plan work, it's very useful. I even use it to work together with different designs programming

Pros

Truly, the start of my vocation when I began configuration work was utilizing Corel Draw programming, perhaps around then, it was form 11 and 12. The impression when I was confronted with the application was a basic showcase and simple to-recall apparatuses. Perhaps this is the initial step for novices who need to genuinely foster their gifts and vocations in visual computerization. It doesn't take too lengthy to even think about seeing every one of the devices utilized. Very quick and successful when applied straightforwardly to a basic work. For instance, making solicitations, books, letterforms, stamps, and making ace pictures for screen printing.

Cons

I will impartially pass the weaknesses of this application agreeing on to my ability as a client. This product can frequently be said to crash while dealing with a genuinely weighty work. Likewise, the shading looks somewhat pale, and the consequences of the product of pdf documents whose tones are frequently not true to form. This submits me frequently get questions from clients when they get printing...

Alain Jove R.

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

Image Manipulation at a mouse click

Overall, this app has all the functionalities needed to create professional outputs of your image projects, has a lot of options for effects, nice and smooth rendering, added vector function and ability to export in different formats.

Pros

This was the first app I used for my photo manipulation projects and although it was quite overwhelming learning its interface at first, it was worth it. I was lazy to learn this until I discovered tricks like background removal, masking effects, recoloring, making composites and collages, recoloring, deblurring, etc. These functionalities make a not so professional picture turn into a pro by a few...

Cons

All I can say is that this app requires higher RAM, like most multimedia apps, as it creates lagtime especially when stacking up multiple layers with high resolution and large image sizes.

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used other for 2+ years

“Awesome Graphic Designing Software”

CorelDRAW is an excellent software that I used for a long time for my graphic designing work. I use this to design advertisements, logos, leaflets, and greeting cards for my university clubs and all. This software is really extraordinary and capable to make something beyond expectations. I highly recommend this software to use u all who interested in graphic designing.

Pros

CorelDRAW is capable to use easily and I like the extraordinary features it has. Fast opening of design projects is one of the features I like in this software. It consists of perceptive tools which lead this software for fast opening. When we want to prepare posters, brochures, and cards immediately, we can begin it with accessible templates without beginning it from scratch. CorelDRAW consists of...

Cons

In my opinion, there are not many disadvantages in this software. This software is a bit expensive and some people cannot afford it. Sometimes it is difficult to learn the functions in this software for beginners. In my computer sometimes CorelDRAW software is lagging when using it. I hope these downsides will recover in the new version.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Quality above it all always, that is CorelDRAW!

I can’t complain at all. The quality of my service increased a lot and my design team is working faster and happier. The quality of CorelDRAW is fantastic, even with their minor issues.

Pros

This software is extremely user friendly, nobody in my team had troubles with it. It has a multi page layout function that helps A LOT when we’re making large reports. High resolution in this software is the default, it’s incredible! It also has the ability to mantain this high resolution exporting into various formats.

Cons

Sometimes, when exporting to PNG, the archive corrupts somehow, I’ve had 2 transparent files that wasn’t 100% transparent. Everytime that the software upgrades, some things change their place or name, thats a bit cofusing at first, but you get used to it.

TA

Temitope A.

Design, 51-200 employees

CorelDraw Review

Pros

I find CorelDRAW Graphics Suite to be a powerful vector graphics editor that offers a variety of impactful features. With its dedicated Symmetry feature, I can create symmetrical objects and designs in real-time, saving me valuable time. The software also provides tools like Draw in Perspective, LiveSketch, and Pointillizer, which I find efficient and user-friendly. I appreciate how the workspace is...

Cons

It doesn't support importing a lot of other types of file especially when they are not saved as .cdr

RZ

Robert Z.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Once the best of the best

Now, 27 years of using Corel, I have ceased upgrading. The software still is the best for me, simply because I know how to use it well and do not like Adobe. Yet, I will no longer blindly upgrade as I had, every second reiteration. I used to have two legally purchased copies for my two side-by-side PC's. Both these registered on the Corel WEB site. But a few years past, 3 years after registering with...

Pros

For me, CorelDraw has all that I need for creating my advertising designs, web graphics and the like. once you become used to the product, it is more than enough for most anything and everything.

Cons

CorelDRAW was once the best of the best but then they sought to become Adobe. They started to change the way Corel operated, also made some aspect difficult to manage and handle. Consistency was the first item they threw out the window. Also, they have included a virus in their installation. You will receive POP-UP notifications at the most inopportune moments. These will inform you of the new products Corel is seeking to push onto you. Most annoying to have such on my own PC, code installed that is activated without my wanting it. That is what a virus is, is it not? Something that does something on your PC that you do not want!

Emmanuel Cesar R.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Flexibility and Easy to learn

It is with me since i have memory and it evolved quite well. Is a very fast software and the possibility to use it as complete design enviroment without needing anything else, makes it the best for my style of work.

Pros

It is a smart software, is easy to learn and really intuitive, with just a few days you are able to use almost all the most important tools needed to design, export and produce templates, files, books, etc...

Cons

The biggest problems on Corel are the compatibility with Adobe, while it can open most of the files, there are several problems or errors when exporting to other formats, it is solved by using PDF most of the times.