Text United Reviews

Text United

Translation platform for the extraordinary

Text United

Review Summary

Åsa V.

Véronique B.

Read the full review
I liked that it is very similar to various CAT tools, the possibility to use both online interface and desktop app and I was very pleasantly suprised it was MT of great quality.

Lenka P.

Frédéric E.

Read the full review
I can't answer that, because there was no downside for us.

Ralf W.

Read the full review
When you go to upload a file, it's not clear that you have to select the input language and the output language first. Now I know, I won't struggle.

Christopher N.

4.7

Good tool for translators.

As a translator, it has allowed me to grow constantly and to be within reach of my clients' opinions, which is the only attribute I like about this software.

Pros

This cloud-based terminology application is fast, easy and convenient to use, allows you to work with a team of translators globally and therefore in multiple languages, has a very good translation memory and allows customers to see your progress as a translator if they wish. A complete translation software.

Cons

Each segment must be confirmed manually, it would be ideal to add a spell checking tool to avoid errors. It's a little expensive.

TextUnited offers the complete workflow

First of all the personal contact with the staff of TextUnited is really great. By telephone, teamviewer session or mail everything works. Especially important if it come to the small but more difficult things. Thanks for that! Together with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], we developed a few functions for the standard interce, which saved us from setting up our own inhouse translation tool. We produce the content, TextUnited does the translation. Works fine for us for the last 5 years. Thanks for that too!

Pros

TextUnited offers more than just translation services. TextUnited offers a complete workflow. No Need to go with some homemade Excel list or tool to organise, translate and track your translations. Bottom line: Thanks to TextUnited we don't need an additional inhouse tool for our Translation workflow.

Cons

I can't answer that, because there was no downside for us :)

Dear Ralph, Thank you for taking the time to write us such a heartwarming and fulfilling review. It is nice to know that you are satisfied with our product, service, and most importantly, our dedicated employees. We look forward to a continuous working relationship with you and your company. All the best.

Good tool with potential

Pros

To be able to review translations online is very helpful. Customer service is good and friendly.

Cons

Dark GUI, small typo tires the eyes. Usability could be better over all: Search and filter functions (across all packages) / Reaction times / Dialogues ... It is hard to keep overview with large projects (and lots of packages).

Easy to use translation platform with excellent customer service

It is an easy to use software tool with a good overview of all current projects and the ones already done. The Text United customer service is excellent and they really take care.

Pros

The software provides a very structured approach to translations with a huge number of language-options. You are guided through the project step by step and the software is very intuitive to use. Reviewing is also made easy. You simply check every sentence and approve or change it. You have also got the possibility to leave a comment for the translator. The glossary function is helpful if you use many technical terms. What I also like is that you can upload your documents in many different formats.

Cons

It happens from time to time that you change a translation and can't save your corrected version as it doesn't match the original structure or number of words.

Thank you, Margit, for taking the time to write us this wonderful review. Your comment will also be taken into consideration. I will forward it to the right people to handle it.

Excellent service, speed and functionality

The product is great, and the in-house staff are friendly, knowledgeable and efficient at resolving any issues. I would thoroughly recommend the product (and service) to businesses and sole traders.

Pros

The product is incredibly easy to use. I use it on a regular basis to aid in translations into English from a number of languages. It's simple to use both as a project manager and translator, and allows efficient communication regarding queries between all staff involved in a project.

Cons

The only issue is that comments/queries are not extracted with a document (such as comments on italicization or other formatting that was not contained within the original document but is required in the translated version). However, these are all saved within the project manager's dashboard, and can be easily referenced from there.

Hi Andrew, This is just amazing to read. Thank you so much for taking the time and writing your honest opinion. We appreciate it highly. All the best.

Great long-term cooperation

Having received regular work from Text United for several years now, and I particularly appreciate the opportunity to work with the same regular client for much of this time. I do more proofreading than translation for Text United, and I am very impressed with the quality of their regular translators - which makes my own work that much easier.

Pros

The TextUnited software is easy to learn and intuitive and straight forward to use. I rate it higher than most other translation software I have used, partly because I do not have to buy, manage and update the software licence myself. Apart from the translation features, the software also has an excellent invoicing function where all invoice specifications are accounted for and I only need to press a button to create an invoice. This is a great help every month!

Cons

It would be great if it were possible to change the font in the "Add term to glossary" feature, like in the App itself. I would also like to see a smartphone based App version.

Hi Asa, Thank you very much for providing such a kind and honest feedback. We are happy to work with professionals like yourself. Keep on the good work! All the best.

Outstanding

The translation and proofreading processes are smooth. Quick turnaround and high quality output assured by a 4 eyes process (translation and proofreading; both done by experienced professionals). The project managers are easy to contact and are helpful. Outstanding.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. Even if it is the first time one works with, everything is self-explanatory. The adding of tags is super easy. The panels are clear and informative are well-ordered and surveyable. The 'find' function yields a separate window with all the occurrences. Changes, if needed, can be made in this separate window. There is a clear indication of the work progress, as well for translation as for proofreading (percentages).

Cons

There are no aspects of the product that are difficult to use. However, one feature I would like to see to be added is concatenation of segments.

Hello Jan, Thank you for the kind review, and we are very happy you are enjoying using our system. All the best.

My overall experience is excellent. I have been working with them for several years now. I am very happy. The support of the project managers is excelent and I really enjoy working for them.

Pros

The software does have all the features I need as a translator to execute my job. A good translation memory, text splitted in columns, very friendly. And the support is excelent.

Cons

Sometimes the Translation memory does not recognize the orginal text to be translated.

Hello Cecilia, Thank you very much for your kind review. All the best to you.

Excellent tool for translators!

Pros

I use this software to translate and save a great amount of time thanks to the translation memories, the possibility to add a glossary and to run a quality check at the end of the translation process. I also like the direct interaction with the clients through the commentary button on each segment. This functionality allows the client and the translator to interact directly on the segment that could pose problems. Finally, the client can leave reference files in the software which helps for context.

Cons

The general visual of the software could be improved. I prefer the online version than the application for the visual aspect.

Hi Veronique, Thank you for your kind review and suggestions. I will forward it to the right person. All the best.

Easy to use software, lean processes, fast payments

Pros

Lean and fast processes, good communication, interesting projects prompt payment

Cons

There are some issues (never fully addressed) with the desktop version

Hi Jan, Thank you for your kind and honest review. We have, are, and will continue, to do our best to improve the system continually. All the best.

Working with Text United Software

I am working with this Software and this translation agency already for several years and as a freelance translator working with a lot of other tools too, I have to say their tool is the best I found up to date. It is frequently updated, one does not have to load to the PC a lot of volume, as everything is stored in their server, there is a bright project management and clients always get the best quality feasible. The best translation agency I met in 35+ years. The software is intuitive and does have all the features a translator - as well as a client - can wish to have.

Pros

Simple to handle, good terminology management, - and the client can see the progress (if wished) and give terminology advice if needed.

Cons

No cons available, as it is state of the art.

Thank you!

Perfekt für unsere vielfältige Anwendung.

Gemeinsames Arbeiten an Projekten oder komplett outsourcen. Immer aus einer Hand mit gemeinsamen Datenbestand. Rasche und einfache Abwicklung, auch intern bzw. mit Partner die eingebunden werden können/dürfen.

Pros

Einfache Zusammenarbeit mit dem Dienstleister und/oder über mehrere Standorte. Relativ einfache Nutzung. Transparenz.

Cons

App bietet nach wie vor die beste Usability ; Online-Variante schwieriger nicht so einfach handzuhaben, nicht jeder lädt sich aber die App herunter (für Einmal-Aktivität). Trennung nach Domains oder speziellen Anforderungen nicht immer einfach zu kommunizieren. Änderungen in TMs schwierig zu bewerkstelligen. Referenzdokumente bei Übersetzer nicht immer in Anwendung... Darstellung: Überschrift als Überschrift etc. wäre noch sehr hilfreich...! Oft Updates, nach dem wir die App nicht öffnen konnten.

Your comments have been received. Thank you for taking the time to write your opinion!

Translators love this tool

I use this tool as a freelance translator and absolutely love it. It is very easy to use with simple functionality, yet with all of the bells & whistles I would expect from a CAT tool. The best part: multiple translators can work on an urgent project without compromising consistency -- because it is cloud based, content from multiple translators working simultaneously on a project syncs automatically. The result is not only increased productivity, but also to perfect consistency.

Pros

Ease use, functionality, collaboration due to cloud technology

Cons

Like any cloud-based service, there is time spent waiting on data to save to the server.

Senior localizer translator/PM

Pros

-all available and complete functions for team' collaboration such as review and editing after localization/translation to the target countries' language/market. -the tool is very powerful for correcting/modifying translated segments/sentences

Cons

-maybe the user interface which is already quite clear and intuitive, could be improved.

Hello Pierre, Thank you for your kind review. Also, thank you for the tip, I will pass it forward to the correct person. All the best.

Professional translation tool based in the cloud

I am using the Text United App since 2010 and have translated about half a million words with it. This is a very good software, which simplifies the translation of complex documents. The client has always access to the data while it is being processed. I never experienced a breakdown or loss of data. Unlike Across, there is no issue sending and synchronising files as I am already working on cloud based files.

Pros

Cloud based, quick and easy to use, implementation of terminology

Cons

Only compatible with Windows, not with Mac.

Thank you for the review!

Excellent system. We are very satisfied with the product and level of customer service.

Pros

The system is user friendly and allows us to work with our own team of global translators in multiple languages. There are excellent features including a translation memory which automatically completes words which have been previously translated and a reviewer function which allows all translations to be checked. The Desktop App has excellent project management tools built in to enable reporting, analysis and invoicing. The level of customer service is excellent.

Cons

The only improvement i can see which could be made would be the introduction of a spell check function.

Great software

Pros

The easy procedure to start the translations with our partners.

Cons

It would be helpful if "template" projects could be generated, so that only the translation files must be upload.

Hello Thomas, Thank you for your review and for sharing your opinion. We appreciate it a lot. Also thank you for the great tip! I have passed it forward to the right person. All the best.

Great tool for translators

Great tool and great team. I have been working for years as a translator for this agency and I am very happy with our collaboration. For me, this software is better than Trados. The QA tool is very useful and therefore, you can be sure your translation will be consistent. Very useful on large projects.

Pros

Easy to use, quick to learn

Cons

Having to confirm each segment manually

Great Company for quick/accurate translations

Love it, great team, great software, great experience.

Pros

Its very easy to use and allows me to quickly upload and generate an estimate for what my job will cost to translate.

Cons

Sometimes it cant read the pdfs, so it takes a bit longer to generate an estimate and begin translation.

Hi Craig. Thank you for your kind review, it means a lot! All the best.

Reliable, time saving and user friendly

Pros

The ease of use, the reliability, the invoice management, the tasks presentation, very well organized

Cons

I miss a better way for using the spelling checker

Helps quick translation!

Pros

I am using this app as a translator. This software is very useful as: - it remembers and suggests similar translations and applies automatically - it enables to communicate translators, client and project manager on the system by exchanging comments on each segments

Cons

There are on-line application and download application. Download application works well, but the on-line version often freezes (I am not sure it is because of the app. or my internet environment).

Dear Nozomi, Thank you very much for your kind review. I hope you continue to enjoy working with our tool. All the best.

Wonderful tool for MT

It is great to work with the tool as translator/corrector. I had no trouble starting to use it immediately as everything (but the invoices) was pretty much intuitive and clear. I also like the interface and multiple features such as being able to search for terms in the text and correct mistakes automatically when desired. It is also great to get comments from the customer directly to the file when reviewed.

Pros

Cons

I hoped there would be a mobile app sooner and the process of creating invoices is somehow too complicated and could be automatical.

Hi Lenka, Thank you for taking the time and leaving us such a kind review! All the best.

One of the best software

My experience with Text United started more than two years ago. It has been a fruitful experience that allowed me to learn more about the world of translation. Provision of the necessary material for the job. I recommend to anyone who wants to learn more about translation and localization, that you have this pioneering company in this domain.

Pros

its quality and ease of use. Good working conditions.

Cons

Nothing. At the moment I did not find any problem that affects my collaboration with this company

Hi Mustapha, We really appreciate your kind review. All the best.

Great software and very competitive pricing

Pros

Easy to user, user-friendly and great customer service.

Cons

i don't have anything to complain about.

Ciao Giuliano, Thank you for the very kind and honest review. We are very pleased to know you are satisfied with our software and especially our team. Wishing you all the best.

User friendly and easy to integrate

Pros

TM usability and a consistence check. User friendly and easy to integrate with other business processes.

Cons

“Replace all” and exporting features could be improved for external interaction with other CAT tools.

Hello Paulo, Thank you for providing your review. All the best