Twitter Logo

Twitter

A real-time, cross-network, social media messaging service

Twitter Reviews

User ratings

4.5

1.2K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.54/10

See full reviews by rating

Twitter is a great platform to use for its simplistic use and its availability to integrate into other platforms and softwares because of its popularity.
Any social media site is good for business - really helps you promote your product. Love that there are so many people - all walks of life on twitter - from celebrities to grandfathers.
Overall, it is a great software and I would recommend it to anyone who might be interested in trying it out.
The only thing I don't like about the app is that the don't filter the post properly. Sometimes I just see inappropriate tweets and it is sometimes irritating.
The people on the app are harsher because most of the time, you are "anonymous. And it could be a bit confusing to use at first because it is a bit different from others.
Only there are lots of fake accounts in the app and when you send complaints to Twitter, it is not easy to receive feedback.

Twitter users...

Facebook Apps and Tabs

Snapchat-logocaret
+ 1

Snapchat

How would you rate Twitter?

1,292 reviews

Mario Z.

Instructional Designer II

Banking, 1,001-5,000 employees

Twitter’s great, but there’s no time when there’s better apps

Transcript

Mario Z.: Hi, my name is Mario, and I'm an Instructional Designer. I'm rating Twitter at three stars...

Twitter in a nutshell

Transcript

Stephen: Hi. My name's Stephen. I'm a Business Growth Consultant. On a scale of one to five, I give Twitter...

A really good option for most businesses

Twitter has helped us to solve the question around our business of how do we connect with our customers and our community and a new and meaningful way.

Pros

Twitter has such a phenomenal following and it’s such an amazing platform that it makes sense for businesses like ours to utilize their services as a way to reach clients and the community as a whole.

Cons

I can’t say that I have a lot of complaints about the usage of this service but I would say there is a lot of noise in the newsfeed that becomes burdensome but you can just Unfollow or block.

Social Media at its Most Unhinged

Pros

The user friendly interface, a great search engine and great customization options with profiles make Twitter the ideal social media platform to truly know and understand the opinions of people.

Cons

It is hard to keep the app regulated with so much users, it's very easy for there to be moments that go against TOS. The app has horrible customer service and there are alot of features that crash very often due to bad optimization.

Reliable

Overall twitter is a reliable social networking platform which easily allows you to share information and it always has the latest news on politics, sports, celebrity news etc.

Pros

What i like the most about twitter is the fact that it is free. Twitter is a great social networking platform with the ability to connect and share information worldwide and most importantly it is accessible to everyone. It is extremely quick and easy to use and navigate and an added bonus is it can be used on both a computer or on your phone

Cons

What i do not particularly like about twitter is the 250 character limitation on all tweets as well as the video size limitation, these can definitely be improved.

Amazing for Social Networking

Twitter helps me to connect virtually with coworkers and people from my country. The best Social networking tool around.

Pros

Twitter is really easy to use. It keeps me insomuch with the latest news and informative content both locally and international.

Cons

I personally think Twitter should incorporate live stream.

One of the leading social media channel for influence marketing

I love using Twitter for my marketing and connecting to genuine users and influencers.

Pros

I found Twitter is one of the leading influencer tool. Any news or brands become so influencing if they trend on Twitter. As compared to other social channel twitter have more genuine user.

Cons

Account hake would be a serious problem coming in Twitter in a few years.

Twitter is the best

Awesome

Pros

Everything about Twitter is the best I love it & I use it all the time.

Cons

I would like an edit option, it would make things a whole lot easier instead of having to delete the whole tweet if I've made a mistake.

The Benefit of Using Twitter

Pros

What I like using Twitter is that it gives us an update of whats happening not just around us but as well as to other country. It consistently informed us daily what are the new or latest information either in politics, entertainment, business or technology. Informing us about the present situations so that we will be aware of whats happening.

Cons

The redundancy of topics. Sometimes a column of a certain topic will be mixed with other topic. we need to check carefully if the next page or column is all about the same topic you read.

Best social platform for link sharing

It's very useful to share links and a good place to make quick announcements.

Pros

As a marketing pro with consumer-facing clients, Twitter is the best platform for link sharing and discussion on a topic. It's fast-paced nature also makes it less design led, it's the most real of the big 3.

Cons

The inability to edit posts. There's also a kind of smarty-pants smugness to the personas of many users - esp those who've been on Twitter for a long time. Don't be upset by those 'clever' retorts to posts. It's just the way the game is played. Annoying.

How do you live without Twitter?

One of my favorite social apps!

Pros

Fast and easy to use. Everyone is familiar with it. It has many users and potential customers. Friendly interface. Amazing information straight away.

Cons

Well, most will say this: the limit of characters. But then again, there is the beauty of Twitter, right?

Für Live-Events zu empfehlen

Pros

Ich finde Twitter vor allem für Demonstrationen und oder anderer Live-Events interessant. Man kommt so immer an die frischesten Nachrichten und auch von jeder politischen Seite.

Cons

Dass immer mehr zensiert wird ist sehr schade, denn man muss Meinungen aushalten können.

Showing original review in German. See translation

Your social media diary

Just amazing. Quite honestly. Have made friends through it. Have helped people, by doing somehting as simple as listening to what they had to say. I mean social media for most of us is an escape fro current reality. So sometimes your safe place is tweeter. As crazy as that might sound. if you surroung yourself with a couple of users who are incredibly wise, supportive and overall good people, you will be able to call your support system - Tweeter.

Pros

I mean, the fact that you can share your worries with the community that your integrated in. It might be hard to comprehend - but humans need validations from others. Its in us to seek approval. Tweeter has just that. When I was younger, I was obsessed with these show none of my friends knew. I mean, what I thought was my greatest passion was unknown to everyone I knew. So i started to feel a bit down...

Cons

The toxicity. The internet holds within its usage, thousands and thousands of cowards. You hide through a keyboard, with people only knowing of you what you wish them to know. Its very dangerous, very intimidating actually. But then again, you only attrat what you put out there. So treat people with kindness, spread love not hate, if you see something that doesnt please, I dont know, a commentary, and photo, doesnt matter. Scroll, Through. it. its not going to make a difference in your day to tear somebody appart by your commentary. Because it does suck when you put yourself out there in such a vulnerable way, and then have people making you feel stupid, ridiculous and invalid. If you dont wish that for yourself do not put that onto others,simple as that.

Love Using This App!

As a freelance makeup artist, it is really important that I use my social media to advertise my business, collaborate with other small business owners and grow my clientele. Sharing photos and videos of my work as well as advertisements for special events, discounts etc have been tasks which are simple and easy to do with Twitter. Since joining and using Twitter to market my business, my clientele has grown along with public awareness of my business.

Pros

Twitter is very user friendly. It's a really interactive social media platform, and this makes it perfect for promoting my makeup artistry business. Not only am I able to promote my work but Twitter makes it quite easy and simple for others to assist by using the retweet and like features. As a makeup artist, clients want to have an understanding of what services you offer and the scope of your craft....

Cons

At times when I'm promoting giveaways, discounts and other special events for my business, I've found it a little inconvenient that Twitter has a limit of 280 characters for all tweets. I've often had to adjust the information I've prepared to ensure that I don't go over the word limit. However, this has given me the opportunity to create concise advertisements that immediately catch the attention of readers. This particular feature, however, would not prevent me from recommending Twitter to others.

Seamless, User-Friendly & Complete Control for the Small Online Business Owner

I really enjoy Twitter and utilize it everyday not just professionally but personally as the opportunity to stay interconnected with individuals is too wonderful to pass up. I'm glad I turned to Twitter and discovered their ads platform. As we are heading towards the holiday season, I plan to run a holiday campaign for my ebay store and I know Twitter is the right place to implement my ads. Twitter is not only one of the best places to make connections you might never have reached but you can also reach an audience who might not know your small online store existed.

Pros

The most impactful feature of Twitter is the seamless interface between you and your target audience. The ads software feature is user-friendly and leaves you with the reassuring feeling that you, the business owner are in control of the start of the campaign, amount you wish to spend and when you wish to finish. Twitter informs you of the target audience you will reach with your ads and you determined which bid strategy is preferable to you. For ex: Auto-bid increases increases your results at the lowest price or Maximum bid where you establish a max bid you never bid over and your ads display more. The page is concisely laid-out and allows you to stay within your comfort zone while being creative and I appreciate that.

Cons

In comparison to other Ads platforms, Twitter is my favorite and the most reasonable. I utilize this system when my ebay store needs a boost and notice not only a peak in customer views but sales. Despite this, I cannot always afford to place ads online as my online store is more of a passive income but when I do Twitter is the one I head towards. There is nothing I do not like about it because it is straightforward and no ambiguity.

Twitter, One Of My Favourite Social Platform

My overall experience with Twitter is top-rated. I have never run into any problem while using Twitter. I use to chat with my family and friends through Twitter and I found the communication system of Twitter very strong and most secure than all other social platforms. currently, I am using Twitter for social networking but very soon I'm going to start social media marketing with Twitter for my business....

Pros

I have liked the hashtags system of Twitter too much. There are always trending hashtags daily. And I use to find the trending news through the trending hashtags. what's going on around me, I can easily find it through the Twitter hashtags system. Moreover, I have liked also the retweet feature of Twitter. I do not need to copy the link of the posted tweet for reposting purposes, There is always a...

Cons

Well, First of all, I want to clarify that Twitter is my favourite platform. But I would like to have some improvements to it. Twitter is one of the popular social media platforms, But there is a limit of 280 characters while posting a new tweet. which is not a good thing, we can't express our whole idea while posting a new tweet. First, I would like this limit to be removed, The user should have a...

The Best App for online conversations

Twitter is one of the best social media applications that I use. Basically because the Twitter conversations that I engage in weekly more often give me a voice in the mental health space. I have been able to get media interviews due to my interactions on Twitter. The memes, funny photos and videos often make my day which helps in relieving stress. Through trending topics, I am kept abreast of all happenings real time.

Pros

What I like about this software is that it allows one to post messages that are brief to the point. In 280 characters one needs to be concise and straight to the point. Besides posting text, it allows one to attach videos, text and GIFs. Twitter is a good way of unwinding, especially in traffic in the morning, one gets to know of the latest happenings by following up on trends. Through the memes and fun facts, its a great way of relieving stress. Twitter conversations on the other hand, which I have been part of have enabled me to be a voice in mental health conversations in the mental health advocacy space. Hashtags on Twitter are powerful and have driven change, therefore Twitter is a very powerful tool.

Cons

Despite being really educative and fun, Twitter can be a toxic space as people often say whatever they feel like, which can be really taxing on our mental health. Anxiety and depression are some of the problems that have been associated with toxic social media spaces. Fake accounts, bots and robots are many on Twitter and more often than not, lead to misinformation. Many have been led astray through these fake accounts hence the need to be very careful while on this platform. Gaining followers is not that easy, despite staying active, I have been stuck on the same place for years.

One of the most famous social media platform

One of the best things about Twitter is you will have a space to say anything you want (in regulation, of course), connect with famous people, businesses, and other things. It is, in reality, the quickest way to find news, as posting a tweet requires just a few seconds.

Pros

Twitter is undoubtedly one of the most well-known social media sites. I began using it to promote my art brand, and it's probably the most user-friendly, particularly for beginners. It's easy to use and encourages you to limit your sentences below a certain count, which is beneficial for those of us who can get a little long-winded. They integrate with almost anything and have a great TweetDeck program that will help you organize branded tweets or any tweet you want to save as a set.

Cons

Things that I dislike is, I will only get a certain number of words because even the shortest ads can not cut. It would be best if you struck a balance between keywords and the advertisement itself, which can be aggravating because you've already spent too much time creating a short ad only to discover that it is still too long. Often, with far too many users tweeting their posting all the time, the odds of your tweet being noticed aren't always good, so you have to be a little proactive with posting without becoming overbearing.

Twitter, the best communication tool on the Internet

Despite all these problems that I reported, Twitter remains my favorite social network. Of course, I get stressed at times with news about politics or the neglect of the health of my country (Brazil). But what relieves and amuses me are the memes, the photos/videos of kittens and the presence of my friends. There is nothing more rewarding than that.

Pros

Since its emergence, Twitter has presented itself as one of the best ways to express itself on the internet. Functioning as a microblog, it allows us to tell the world what we are thinking of in 280 characters. It is extremely easy to use software: Just type in what you are thinking and publish. But the advantages do not end there: In addition to text publications, it is possible to insert other...

Cons

Despite being a great tool for having fun and debating important issues, Twitter ended up becoming a "toxic" space, precisely because it allows everyone to say what they want. Often, people with bad intentions (who don't even use their own profile picture) use this virtual space - which should be healthy - to offend and humiliate people and institutions, which ends up generating a series of problems. Problems...

Twitter - The pros and cons of the better social network

Pros

In a world dominated by Facebook owned properties, it is great to have a platform like Twitter. As a social network/social media app, there are many things that stand out about Twitter, here is my list of pros, I will have to compare it to the biggest social network: 1) Interesting learning curve - if you come from other social media platforms, Twitter may seem confusing at first but once you learn...

Cons

There are only a few cons to Twitter at the moment 1) Editing Posts/Tweets the inability to edit tweets or posts after you have posted them is a huge con especially if you are a business or use it for PR. 2) Mobile support - Twitter's own apps do not have great mobile versions. Aside from Tweetdeck, there are very few alternatives to the main Twitter app that are worth using. With the limitation of the API, you are left with very few choices for mobile apps.

TWITTER -2021 REVIEWS

I recommend this app for businesses looking on reaching out to potential customers

Pros

I have been an active user of Twitter for close to 7 years now and my experience using this has been a good one because of the following reasons: Security is ensured-unlike some few other social media platforms, Twitter is more secured Twitter counts 300+ million active users making it a great platform for businesses to connect to fans and new audiences It’s available for both web and mobile users...

Cons

-I conducted research and discovered that the average monthly visit duration on twitter is 00.10.49 and the bounce rate is 30.09% which in my opinion can be because the Twitter homepage doesn’t look fancy enough and if they add more features just as a supplement for their users to keep them busy, they will retain users for a longer time.

The real social network

I have been using Twitter for years and whenever I want to find out any news, Twitter is the first place I look, for its ease of use, its speed in managing files, and for the freedom that exists in the entire platform. Twitter in my opinion is the best social network today,

Pros

Twitter is very simple to use, it is possibly the meeting place for people worldwide, and it has several very useful tools. Twitter works great for following live and global news, marketing products, collecting opinions, sharing files of any kind with incredible speed, etc. It works very well on any device you use, be it mobile, computer, tablet, whatever. In general, Twitter is the social network par excellence.

Cons

I don't like the number of bots and fake news that have taken over Twitter in recent years. I also don't like the conversation management it does, it's very easy to get lost in a conversation, I think it could be improved and moved to a more useful system as the one Reddit has.

Twitter- A reason for me to switch back on social media.

I always make a comparison, Twitter is on top of my comparison list, which is accepted by me from all aspects. To be a part of this platform is a great experience for me. I am still a part of this.

Pros

Frustrated by other social media platforms, a few years back, I joined Twitter. The reason behind this, that I was annoyed by too much fake information and bombardment of local advertisements on other social media platforms. Here, I found myself in a well-mannered social community. Twitter provides me more control to block and report inappropriate behavior from anyone, So I am a bit relaxed here. This platform also provides me a way to follow and reply to my favorite renowned personalities. The cool thing is that it provides me a list of " Topics to follow", where I can choose the topics according to my interest. I always remain informed about current affairs by seeing tweets of government officials and top TV anchors. Twitter is awesome among all other social media platforms.

Cons

I did not find anything, that makes Twitter less valuable than other social media platforms. It works nicely and, honestly Its a very calm and cool platform than others.

Twitter... One of the top social media

It's a platform you didn't think you needed and it comes to you and becomes essential not only to experience what you feel and share it, but to maintain communication with the people you get to know through it. It allows you to stay connected to things going on around you that you are not normally aware of because of distance or because it is not happening directly to you. And it is a form of entertainment in a way thanks to the creativity of its users.

Pros

It is easy to use, and allows you to meet and communicate with people you would never think you would be able to talk to due to distance, it is very good when it comes to sharing an idea or a thought with the world. And it allows you to find people who have the same likes and ideas as you, it lets you know that you are not really alone.

Cons

It is a very toxic platform at times due to the constant posting of "controversial" content that can divide opinions in an excessive way and even create violence within the community, it handles very poorly the reports or inappropriate content that appears in its rules, it is understandable due to the large number of users but could be better managed, in addition to communication with its users is not easy. In addition to the above, it would be its mobile application and its chat that can constantly show errors and its interface can be tiring due to its lack of development. Its evolution has been very slow compared to other social networks.

Great app to remain up-to-date with the worldly affairs!

More than any other social media platform, Twitter is the most informative medium in my opinion. Most users realize this and use it primarily to inform and educate. This is what makes this platform such a nice one. It's a medium of collective sharing, collective education, and simply co-existing. It's beautiful that the power to control this app lies in the hands of people - they can trend any issue in a jiffy. It speaks of solidarity and unity at the hands of any crisis.

Pros

This microblogging site is a great source of any kind of information. Whether it's news about any political issue, updates from the who's who around the world, or just some opinion from people around you (famous or otherwise), one can find everything on Twitter. I personally use it the most to follow the news. The 'trending' feature of the app helps me stay up-to-date with what's the most buzzing topic and why it's such a big deal. I also get to put forth my opinions and get them seen by people who matter.

Cons

Since it's another social networking app, you will find all sorts of people here - activists, trolls, celebrities, and others. I think they can put some more effort in self-regulating this medium. Their rules and criteria for what's hateful and what's not can be strengthened further. Because as of now, you open any tweet, the first reply is mostly by a troll and there's hardly any action in place for a similar set of people.

Twitter - A Nice social app for getting current affairs news

Overall it is pretty good App if you want to get yourself updated.

Pros

Twitter is genuinely a best source of news, current affairs. This is the best platform for celebrities, politicians to connect with their fans. It is different from other social apps. If you want to get updated about current affairs, or what is going on around you, just login to twitter and go through the "Trends". I usually use Twitter to get updated. I will recommend you to install this app if you are interested in connecting with Public figures especially.

Cons

Well, there are few. Twitter should allow "editing" of tweets so that the user might not lose the reach and engagement of that tweet by deleting the tweet and posting once again just to correct any typo or any other mistake. another one is twitter will be more awesome if they add tweets reactions just like Facebook.

Fast and user-friendly

I love it. I've met some awesome people there who have helped me with my business. It somehow gives me the impression that it's easier to get noticed on Twitter than on Facebook.

Pros

The simplicity of the app is what I like the most. It's easy to learn and use. You can make friends online really fast, stay up to date with the latest news even if you're not that interested in news, and grow a list of followers faster than with other social media apps like Facebook. You can make the account private which means your tweets will be visible to you and those you allow to see your tweets,...

Cons

I'd really like if they added the option to sort your followers by date, and also the option to create a list of the accounts you're most interested in.