Endicia Logo

Online shipping software for tracking packages

Endicia Reviews

Suggested alternatives

shippo
desktopshipper
shipstation

This is a nice program for stamps, ordering supplies for stamps, printing postage directly onto envelopes, and works great with my DYMO label maker.
What I like most about the Endicia software is the ease of integration with my website. It also saves time and money.
I love that we can print our stamps at the office and can skip the lines at the Post Office.
A few months ago Endicia integrated with Stamps.com and the problems have been worse than ever. Endicia now runs very slow and continually failure to function.
ALL THE PROBLEMS the stamps.com has ...everyday is some technical issue. Tired of calling cust support.
Been using Endicia for over 10 years with few problems until the last 3 months. Won't print shipping labels, they now use an off shore tech support which is useless.

Information Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Very convenient and simple way to print postage

Pros

The software makes it easy to print postage from any computer and send directly to your DYMO label printer. It automatically tracks your account balance and you can refill your account with one click.

Cons

Only integrates with USPS. If you want to ship with other carriers like UPS or FedEx, you need to use another solution.

MA

Michael A.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Endicia is Something I Rely on...

We ship approximately 120 orders a day through this reliable program. If we were given a choice between this program and others, we would stay with them! We have not had any complaints other than user error, the functionality is there even if it takes a second to find where it is. :)

Pros

This Software is Very Customizable, Useful, Accurate, and Reliable. We use this software 60 hours a week and over the weekends schedule updates to avoid impacting our shipping department. From the pre-installed images for Valentine's day and Christmas to custom thank you notes to our customers, we have created hundreds of custom labels. Endicia is compatible with UPS Worldship and we can pick specific...

Cons

Due to the custom settings everywhere in this program, it can take a good while to adjust yourself and get familiar with the complexity of the visual editor and structure of the purchase history.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Great before the merge, like all other companies.

It started as one of the best to use, now a sad company and the MAIN source of irritation almost daily. If I was using just for minor correspondence it would probably be OK, but running $10K+ per month it's a hot mess to deal with. We are actively searching a different provider. The ONLY POSITIVE IS COST, just be prepared for the headaches as they DO NOT CARE. I had 106 Amazon orders today and had to MANUALLY POST TRACKING TO OVER 40 OF THEM.

Pros

This was a GEM before being bought by Stamps.com. When there was a problem, it was FIXED, period. Questions were answered on the first call and you were back in business. Literally NOTHING gets fixed anymore.

Cons

The real issue is there are MASSIVE problems and they either don't seem to care or no longer have the knowledge to fix anything. One day out of the blue I tried to reprint a label and it came out sideways with only 1/2 of the label printed. I tried modifying settings and finally called. After I was on the phone with someone who I think was either there 1st day, or trained to be so slow the customer...

JL

Jeff L.

Publishing, 11-50 employees

Endicia is a great tool for your warehouse

Using Endicia as an integrated part of our shipping software has saved us time and money. The third party insurance coverage that is offered through Endicia is a savings and though we have only had 1 or 2 instances when the packages were never found - it has worked well. Using the Endicia software has also been a benefit to our employees when they needed to ship a non-customer package. Endicia has been helpful for processing our customer orders and it helps us keep track of the packages in a timely manner.

Pros

Endicia was very easy to use. We use it as an integrated part of another piece of software for shipping packages from our warehouse. The integration allows us to ship packages via the US Post Office and get discounted pricing as well as tracking and a third part insurance option. Using these features is usually no more than click the link/button. We really love saving money as we ship with the US Post Office. The process for tracking (or in the rate instance filing an insurance claim) is simple - again you click a button.

Cons

The Endicia search feature is both nice and yet frustrating. It is great that the search will look for anything - a zip code, a name, a city - but then trying to narrow down the search to specific dates is very frustrating. They appear to be working on updating some reporting for delivery exceptions - but they don't quite have it functioning so the data is all relevant. For example, I don't care that I had delivery exceptions LAST YEAR - I am concerned about the packages that were sent out last week.

AF

Andrew F.

I use Endicia every day at work to ship a high volume of packages

Pros

I really like the batch feature. When shipping a large quantity of items in the same weight class import all of them and print them all at the same time. It saves a lot of time.

Cons

I'd like to see some updates on international shipping. Making returns easier and validating addresses would be a great improvement.

JY

Jim Y.

Used to be great

I have in the past written glowing reviews of Endicia. Its people, its software, and its performance. Now, until, and unless, major improvements (actually, repairs) are made, I would only recommend this to my worst enemy.

Pros

It works... barely, at least it is desktop.

Cons

As the title says, it used to be great. Then along came Stamps.com and acquired the company. The software has absolutely tanked. More bugs than a swamp in summer. Takes forever to load (60-90 seconds vs 10 seconds before). Constantly "phones home", which bogs down processing. New address verification is about as dumb as it gets, and pops up in a new window, which causes you to constantly switch focus....

LD

Lee D.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Long Time User

Been using Endicia for over 15 years. Used to recommend to everyone. Now looking at alternatives. Since purchased by Stamps.com program has gotten steadily worse. We paid annually and they started charging us monthly even though we were paid till 2021. Had to file complaint with BBB to get problem resolved. The online webserver is glitchy.

Pros

Print postage on envelopes without needing a postage meter Print postage labels for flat rate envelopes the pricing discount That we could purchase/license software ANNUALLY instead of having to pay a monthly fee. Program was installed and updated on individual computers

Cons

Annual plan no longer going to be offered and will have to pay monthly fee. Accessing online webserver every time I want to print postage to an envelope.

MK

Matt K.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Functional shipping software with quirks and a dated UI

The program generally functions as one would expect. It can be slow and the UI is very dated (this is also an issue with other USPS compatible software i.e. Stamps.com).

Pros

The application has been flawless with generating postage and queuing print jobs. The address verification for USA based addresses is also a nice feature,but it would be great if that was also offered for Canadian addresses or other international addresses.

Cons

The application has a number of bugs. Signature confirmation does not remain set between parcel mailings. The user must re-select preferences for individual packages even when mailing consecutive parcels. The application sometimes does not detect that an International address has been entered - there is no way to manually select that the user wants to send an international shipment. The error codes...

Retail, 11-50 employees

Endicia

Use this on a daily basis for large volume shipping.

Pros

We love being able to use this on a daily basis to ship all of our USPS orders. Great system.

Cons

Do not like when the system goes down, takes too long for them to get it back up and running.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Good Postage Software

Over all, the software serves its purpose. I didn’t have to empty out my postage balance, it simply switched it over to the new software. It was easy to download and install on my computer and it started working right away. My only wish is that they sold the rolls at Staples or local stores so I don’t have to wait a few days to print stamps.

Pros

I like that I can still print on rolls using my Dymo printer. It is quick and fairly easy once you get the hang of it. I also like that you can weigh each letter and get an accurate price based on that.

Cons

I don’t like that you have to log into the program every single time you want to print postage. The old Dymo stamp would remember the login I formation. I also don’t really enjoy that you need a serial number before you can even print on a roll. I understand that it’s necessary to ensure that people are using legitimate rolls, but it’s a nuisance I didn’t have to deal with before.

MS

Mi S.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Zero customer service / CHARGES MORE THAN USPS / no refunds

Good until Stamps.com took over. NO customer service; overcharge postage prices - much more than what USPS charges, inability to download accurate transactions into a spreadsheet. Their online records are a mess and do not correspond with the local log kept in software. And did I mention they ignore you when contacting customer service? I wonder if the reason is they want to force you to go with Stamps.com. The monthly price is, after all, double that of Endicia. But given the overcharging, it's worth the switch. I only wonder if they charge the correct postage prices.

Pros

As a user for nearly 20 years - I loved it UNTIL stamps.com took over and what a nightmare.

Cons

It's a scam: Endicia (Stamps.com) overcharges every single postage rate. They charge far more than the USPS for flat rate Priority Mail. The PO literally charges a flat rate. Endicia charges the flat rate + distance. In general, Flat Rate Priority 1# envelopes are $3.00-$6.00 more than USPS. Just learned that they've been charging for the last two weeks rates going into effect at post office on Jan 9. (And even then, it's far more than the rates USPS lists on their site) I'm sick to learn they've been overcharging me for years. When stamps.com took over, I noticed I rarely get reimbursed for refunds. I even sent them the unused labels - and they ignored me. HIGHLIGHT: THERE IS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

DP

Dana P.

Go Elsewhere!

I used the software for 6+ years until a MAJOR glitch closed my account and rendered my ability to do business useless. It seems they were switching all Mac accounts to a new platform and someone closed all the Mac accounts in the process. I was unable to process my orders, despite numerous attempts to start new accounts in order to do so. Any company that makes such a major error (obviously did not test properly) is not a company I want to use anymore. Luckily I was able to go to ShipStation, which is less expensive and awesome to use, to get my orders shipped out. I would NOT recommend Endicia at all. And...to add insult to injury - it will take 4-6 weeks to receive my balance refund.

Pros

Used to be convenient for single orders - no longer convenient - out of date software

Cons

Constant glitches and support difficult to reach

EC

Ed C.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Endicia failed

The only problem that I have is Dazzle!

Pros

From 2005 to November 30, 2018, Endicia was a GREAT product. In those 13 years I only had to call their tech support 1 time.

Cons

Beginning December 1, 2018 AFTER Endicia merged their platform into Stamps.com, this is now one of the worst mailing products on the market. In the past 18 days, I have had to call their tech support 9 times and I still cannot print postage. PLUS I end up knowing more about their Dazzle product than tech support. Yesterday alone I spent a total of 4 1/2 hours on the phone with them over 2 calls.

AM

Amy M.

I've used Endicia since it became available as an integration with my online store ventures.

Pros

I love Endicia!!! Before the software, I was using the USPS website to print my shipping labels from home. There were some options on the market but they all cost money. Endicia is a free integration into my current Ecommerce platform. It is a seamless experience, that allows me to add postage to my balance, print labels and send shipment notifications to my customers without leaving the backend of my online store. Can't really ask for much more than that.

Cons

The only con I can think of for the software is that there is a minimum postage purchase. I burn through postage so quickly that this is not an issue, but it may be for smaller online operations.

WB

William B.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Great software, but poor customer service & technical support.

In conclusion, the software itself is great, but the customer and technical support need much improvement.

Pros

Endicia software is easy to learn and use. You can process shipments and print labels fairly quickly.

Cons

The quality of customer service and technical support is poor. When there are technical issues due to a software update (that the users are not notified about in advance), expect to be on hold for hours and get transferred from one department to another.

EO

Eileen O.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Postage made easy!

As a small business owner who ships a variety of sizes of items, Endicia really simplifies things for us. We use it to generate postage for packages (and as a result have saved money using the USPS) as well as stamps. The Dymo label printer we use has been a workhorse - over 10 years old and still trucking.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to reload if stamp value runs low. Excellent integration with address book.

Cons

Software can be a little slow to load on a Mac

NM

Norman M.

Online Media, self-employed

Bad customer service. they will suspend your account for bad logins

they don't fix what's broke, thinking of changing companies

Pros

ease of printing multiple postage is OK and works well

Cons

Customer service when your account is suspended due to "improper logins?" is terrible and only available mon-Friday, reset options don't work, pass phrases don't work. email to reset password or account id does not work

DD

Dean D.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

2019 Endicia Review

My overall experience with Endicia has been very positive.

Pros

Cons

What I like the least about the Endicia software is figuring out automatic shipping rates with my websites software.

OS

Oscar S.

Printing, 1-10 employees

Better shipping options

Stay away!

Pros

Before the merger with Stamps.com, Endicia was palatable. However, it now is a pain to use.

Cons

Horrible customer service. Horrible software. Horrible platform. There are cheaper options that far surpass the quality.

KK

Kelly K.

Use Endicia for all our postage and mailing needs!

Pros

Endicia couldn't be any easier if it tried. We print stamps and if needed print labels for larger packages, we can even send mail Certified w/a Return Receipt. No more trips to the Post Office!

Cons

You do have to toggle back and forth between regular stamp printing (anything under 3 oz) and larger more complicated packages. It would be nice if they were all on the same screen.

LC

Luis C.

Cosmetics, 11-50 employees

Endicia Online - At it's WORST

Endicia Professional software download is actually good but it seems that NEW CUSTOMERS cannot enjoy the benefit of pulling webstore orders directly. I used to enjoy using this software and recommended it's use to most online sellers that I know of. Now that the software does not support webstore integration, I don't recommend using it. Using postage printing via Amazon, and eBay is better due to the postage rates being more competitive.

Pros

Webstore Integration and NOTHING ELSE is good

Cons

Lag time is so bad. Need to request refund on the postage because REPRINT POSTAGE is not working. Money gets stuck with USPS temporarily due to this issue.

BC

BRYAN C.

Retail, self-employed

SHIPPING SOLUTION

Pros

VERY REASONABLE COST AND EASY TO OPERATE.

Cons

I don't see any negative thing on this program

LS

Lauren S.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Only use it because I have to...

Pros

The functionality is very similar to that of Stamps.com

Cons

After using services like ShippingEasy, having to revert back to this kind of interface leaves.... a lot to be desired. Part of the interactions are intuitive, but many aspects are clunky. Anytime you return to the ship page after checking your history, you have to once again reconfigure your settings from the beginning - nothing is saved. If you attempt to circumvent this by opening your history in another tab, the primary tab will crash and make you login again to reset it.

Kevin M.

Saves money on shipping, easy to use!

Pros

I like the ability to enter shipping information easily and that it verifies an address for you. It is also handy to look back through the shipping logs to see tracking numbers. It does what I need it to and in the way in which I want it to, well thought out shipping tools.

Cons

Not much to complain about, maybe having to pay a monthly fee. One minor annoyance is the prompt that the shipping is past 5 PM then to update to the next day, which you click do not show again it shows on each time you open the application again.

Simple and easy to use for ecommerce or online retailers

Pros

Endicia offers several features that I really like: USPS pickup, Endicia parcel insurance (extra insurance you can purchase), and label customization. There are other features as well, but those are shared with other postage offers from competitors.

Cons

The cost for the features included with the lowest tier offering for online sellers, Endicia Premium, is slightly more expensive than the competition. I am not sure if it is entirely worth the slightly more expensive pricing. Although there is a much cheaper tier, but it hasn't almost no features.