SAP Analytics Cloud Reviews

SAP Analytics Cloud

Web-based financial planning, BI analytics and collaboration

4.28/5 (46 reviews)

Pros
  • It is easy to use with great UI. I love how easy and quick it is to access data and generate analysis with attracting graphic and charts.Verified ReviewerRead the full review
  • THE APPLICATION IS GOOD, BUT THERE ARE THINGS TO BE CORRECTED.Harold G.Read the full review
  • The graphical interface is beautiful and intuitive.Thiago S.Read the full review
Cons
  • All my accounting problems have been solved by this. Chances of Fraud have been reduced as all my work is being done on cloud.Juan Carlos A.Read the full review
  • It can be really frustrating finding what one is looking for during usage.Yahya D.Read the full review
  • Little or no information about the errors. The planning model does not allow the entry of data in calculated accounts.Ítalo J.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Heidi Quillen

Invaluable tool

Reviewed 2018-12-05

We are able to customize the program to accurately meet our companies needs.

Pros
SAP makes my job easier on a daily basis by helping to manage company data. It allows me to more easily manage my analytical processing as well.

Cons
A bit complicated and definitely takes some time to learn to navigate the system.

Iryna Madai

Nice result but confused process

Reviewed 2017-09-15

1. Visualization of data 2. Easy working with data visualization as for web as for mobile app

Pros
- Visualization,charts, story , pages - geo maps is really great for analyzing the whole picture, - date range filter is really great, exactly what I need, - it is interesting work with modeler I try only free version so many features I did not have possibility to try.

Cons
- Only USA States supporting in geo region; - only 256 symbols for string value in model is too small, I have really large field; - I did not understand how to build many-to-many links between models or dimensions in one model; - how to add dimension with few value for one model ID or put measure as distinct value; - it would be great if table in story has expand and collapse function,

Response from SAP

Hi Iryna,

Thanks for your feedback! We appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts with us, it helps us to keep working hard for our customers.

Regarding some of your questions:

- To create hierarchies or links between dimensions in one model, please watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tgTJB3kOGw&index=113&list=PLs5htBIwERYWSixKSqQHzndop33aBCz1U

Creating hierarchies will help to expand or collapse the information on the tables in your story.

- Regarding dimensions, you can create a public dimension that later on you can use with another model.

Thanks!

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Ítalo Jara Lobo

A lot of promise, little functionality

Reviewed 2019-04-29

Since we started using SAP Analytics Cloud, the problems increased instead of decreasing. The experience of planning became a nightmare, where we realized that many calculations can not be made or that it is necessary to perform up to 9 calculations to obtain a result that in another tool would be obtained with one and only one calculation. In real time, the planning carried out on an excel sheet ends up being faster and easier to perform than using SAP Analytics Cloud.

Pros
Easy to use Graphics with a striking and modernist aesthetic

Cons
Constant server errors Little or no information about the errors The planning model does not allow the entry of data in calculated accounts. Which, forces the user to have "Account Plan" and "Account Import" to formulate "Consolidated Account" as "IF (version = plan, [Account Plan], [Account Import]) .This makes the planning for each account complex calculated and if there is more than one version the problem rises exponentially. Very few formulas to perform calculations Serious performance problems due to the use of Lookup formulas Some complexities must be solved with the use of script, which is not easy to learn for the end user, eliminating all automation options and returning to archaic and manual systems. Each use of srcipt must be executed with a button. However, the waiting time can not exceed 5 minutes. Otherwise, the action is not executed. I had to have 12 buttons to execute a single action.

Likelihood to recommend: 1/10

Courtney Drewel

Review of SAP

Reviewed 2019-08-08

We are able to mass communicate our sales to our entire team, which can then be trickled down to our partners.

Pros
I like the ease of pulling the data and be able to display it.

Cons
At times, it is slow to load and update. Many times we have to restart all together.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Kayla Lyne Cabati

SAP Analytics cloud: Real time analytics.

Reviewed 2018-11-02
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Excellent cloud analytics with live connections gives instant data fetch. User Interface is very easy to use and very easy to create financial statements.

Cons
Expensive software. And setting up for first use is difficult. I would suggest that they should have a better tutorials for beginners.

Daniel Queiroz del Lama

Great tool for revenue analysis

Reviewed 2019-07-25

Pros
There is a bunch of resources such as chart structures, revenue and KPI analysis.

Cons
It could have more options to designs in graphs.

Kevin Chiles

All of your data, all in one place

Reviewed 2018-03-26
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
What an amazing tool for anyone running SAP and integrations. I am able to pull my CRM Data and my SAP data cleanly together and report on it with amazing precision. The graphs look fantastic as well! Loads of functions and different ways to show and slice your data.

Cons
It is a bit much to setup when dealing with integration points, but show me an Analytics tool that doesn't. Stellar for the price as well.

Victor Pereira Lacerda

A BI platform that is not at a disadvantage compared to the consolidated names on the market

Reviewed 2019-06-10

It's a BI platform that is not at a disadvantage compared to the consolidated names on the market for a variety of tools. The customization options to displaying information and graphics are visually pleasing. The SAP product platform is easily integrable, which is a big plus.

Pros
The graphics preview interface is very friendly.

Cons
It has support only for the United States region.

Andrei León

SAP tool that allows creating useful applications for users and companies

Reviewed 2018-03-01

It allows the use of big data and machine learning for the smart development of apps and expand the capabilities of the client

Pros
In a short time you can get applications that allow you to expand business performance without investing a lot of money in infrastructure, it adapts very well to mobile devices

Cons
A tool with few deventajas and although it is not imputable to the company requires a good internet connection for the storage of information in the cloud and ensure its optimal functioning

Edward Shields

Powerful, interactive, user friendly.

Reviewed 2017-09-15

Pros
For me, it has to be the graphical aspect. The ability to upload a file with 1000's of values and then piece by piece build a story to bring the data to life. The geo location functionality is also excellent and the tool is definitely user friendly - the hints that pop up are very useful.

Cons
Using the software on the free trial I've not noticed anything that I dislike. Maybe the geo location by region could be extended to other regions outside of the USA... I understand you can use coordinates for this but it would be good to have the same option for Europe.

Response from SAP

Hi Edward,

We¿re glad you¿re enjoying Analytics Cloud! We¿ve shared your feedback with our team to see how we can continue to improve our geo features and we¿re excited to know what you think of the coming updates in geo!

Damiano Molinatti

I used SAP Analytics Cloud to create some commerciale and financial reports.

Reviewed 2017-09-18

Easy of use; analytics insight; beautiful interface.

Pros
The tool has great features like the planning menu and the easy of use interface. It's a complete tool for Business Intelligence and analytics, with beautiful views and charts.

Cons
SAP Analytics Cloud doesn't have some features that other BI tool have, for instance direct connectors with cloud data sources as Google Analytics, Facebook, etc. The latency is also a problem for final users.

Response from SAP

Hi Damiano,

We¿re glad you¿re enjoying the product. Data connection is integral to data analysis so our team is always trying to find ways to make a new connection seamless. Stay tuned for new connectors in the coming releases!

Betty Lambert

I evaluated this software asked by a client

Reviewed 2018-04-19
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
Well, it certainly has many features. I like that it can grow with a company, and allow companies to add extra features as needed

Cons
I found it not very intuitive and hard to learn its quirky ways. It was difficult to use in my opinion and expensive

VenuGopala Moorthy KG

Working on Analytics Cloud is very slow. Poor Performance. Loading 7k rows took multiple attempts

Reviewed 2017-09-17

Analytics is one where this would be useful. The Dashboards and story line building would help in making an informed decision

Pros
Drag and Drop feature, All Inbuilt Algorithms, ease of using ESRI and hence the geo co-ordinates, Ease of Building a Story or a Data model

Cons
Poor Performance. Loading 7k rows took multiple attempts. Also when a filter is used on this 7k records, the time for update the Dashboard is not that impressive

Response from SAP

Hi VenuGopala,

We¿re glad you¿re enjoying the product. We¿ll definitely look into this a little further. If you could please email us at sapanalyticscloud.cx@sap.com, we¿d be happy to look at this issue with you.

Likelihood to recommend: 4/10

Anonymous

Always better on the cloud

Reviewed 2018-05-09

Analyze data, reveal trends, gather insights, use across platforms through the cloud.

Pros
Good company and a safe bet for large corporations. Having data on the cloud makes it easy to access through other devices such as tablets in client meetings.

Cons
Steep learning curve for people new to these kinds of platforms. If you get the hang of it, it is a great way to see trends and analyze data sets through a cloud platform.

Thiago Santos

A great experience in data analysis work.

Reviewed 2019-05-23

A powerful data analysis tool with a wide variety of reporting, data collaboration, and management reporting sharing options.

Pros
The graphical interface is beautiful and intuitive.

Cons
The platform is slow in some moments of use.

Dave Tinker

So excited about the possibilities that SAP Analytics Cloud creates

Reviewed 2017-09-15

It has opened my mind to the unlimited possibilities of reporting. I'm super excited and anxiously awaiting the release of your enhanced API. We will hit the ground running with you all as soon as you release it.

Pros
I found the product super easy to use and it was fairly intuitive. I took my time going through the training resources and when I hit the wall their excellent customer support set me on the right path. It really seems that the reporting possibilities are only limited by my imagination. As an added benefit, the price is on point!

Cons
I look forward to the release of their enhanced API capabilities, I'll need this in order for the product to be fully functional for me.

Response from SAP

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your feedback! We¿ve been working hard on raising that customer support experience and we¿re glad it¿s paying off. Looking forward to hearing how you like our API features when they¿re released.

Francisco Sanchez

Great Experience!

Reviewed 2017-09-15

Pros
Integration with different data sources like iSeries, Netezza, SAP HANA and SAP Cloud Applications. Integration with different data sources like iSeries, Netezza, SAP HANA and SAP Cloud Applications.

Cons
(Trial) SAP Analytics Functionality Limitations. Storage Limited. Poor cartography funcionality (example drive time)

Response from SAP

Hi Francisco,

We¿re glad you enjoyed your trial! There are a lot more capabilities in the full product and we¿re looking forward to hearing how you like it.

Claudio Pinevsky

Ease to use.

Self Service data and SAP live connectivity

Pros
Have Live connections with a lot of apps. It's very intuitive reporting tool. As well, the licence price is very good

Cons
The interface is sometimes is little bit slow. Would be perfect if HANA Cloud can be managed with a desktop tool

Response from SAP

Hi Claudio,

This is great feedback! We¿ve shared it with our team to see how we can improve on the product front.

Luigi Sansottera

Decision Making Tool really working

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-03-14
Review Source: Software Advice

Pros
It's based on a Cloud deployment; it allows Real-time analytics and Ad-hoc queries. It also has great Collaboration tools

Cons
Deployment is not so easy but if you have a strong SAP partener it would become a nice discover. Price is also a litle bit high

Stephan Veldkamp

Impressed by the professional presentation of data, unhappy in inplementing my own data

None yet.

Pros
It is a very good way to Analyse data concerning ist Basic informations an a very nice way to present them to persons in charge.

Cons
It was quite difficult to learn how my company data had to be prepared / styled so that it could match the Quality that is necessary to gain such nice and professional Cockpit overviews like in your sample.

Response from SAP

Hi Stephan,

Thanks for your feedback! We¿ve passed this feedback onto our team to find innovative ways to make Analytics Cloud easier to learn.

In the meantime, do check out our Resources Guide at http://sapanalytics.cloud/resources to get started!

SANJAY GUHA

Its a good product for analysis at cloud

Reviewed 2017-09-15

Pros
Good initiative to data analysis on Cloud. Easy for customer to get data at run time. Easy for develop to create story. Good hit with connect mode model

Cons
No direct connection/Real Time support for different database . Not much edit option at data level in BOC.More Graphical and visual appearance should be helpful. Not much user friendly.

Response from SAP

Hi Sanjay,

Thanks for your feedback! While we currently only offer live connections with SAP HANA, BW, and Universes, we¿re looking to add more to the list in the coming releases so stay tuned.

Sylvain Garneau

Good web experience

Reviewed 2017-09-17

all in one solution for analytics

Pros
i like the all in one solution that can be used for either on premise and cloud database. Sine my previous better spftware was Lunira, this one is a the future SAP solution.

Response from SAP

Hi Sylvain,

We¿re glad you¿re enjoying Analytics Cloud! Thank you for your feedback and we¿re excited to show you what¿s to come in the near future!

Oscar Diaz

good tool and easy to use

Reviewed 2017-09-18

Access a tool that ould bring information from any source and generate a report in cloud for distribution

Pros
Easy to create graphics and tables and stories for distribution in cloud, great variety of graphics.

Cons
difficult to create complex calculation, most of the calculation features are simple and its difficult to find how to make complex aggregation calculates

Response from SAP

Hi Oscar,

Thanks for your feedback! We¿ve passed your feedback onto our team and we¿re looking forward to exciting you with our calculation features in the near future!

Logan McGown

SAP Cloud on Cloud 9

Reviewed 2018-12-06

This has helped mainly with other SAP programs

Pros
It is an easy place to access data and allows for smooth integration with other SAP programs as well. Able to pull the data that I need to present smoothly.

Cons
Has somewhat of a learning curve, difficult to get a bearing on the interface until you have played around with it some.

Courtney Koloff

Easy to use and great for the price

Reviewed 2017-06-27

Pros
The price and it updates on its own. For a smaller company, this is a great way to get a great product for a great price that'll fit your business.

Response from SAP

Hi Courtney,

We¿re really happy you like the product! Our team works hard to drive new updates every few weeks and we¿re excited to hear how you like our upcoming features!