SpyFu Reviews

4.48/5 (65 reviews)

Giorgi Gogitidze

Full of actionable information for SEO!

Reviewed 2018-10-14

Overall, this is a very good first-to-go-to tool when you start a project to see how the existing competitors are doing and then accordingly create the strategy. Though, not only for the starting project, but can also be used for existing project analysis. It helped with analyse to see the loopholes that were harming rankings lots of time.This is the best SEO analysis tool out there when it comes to watching what's the SEO market's current situation to understand how to start optimizing your website for the best possible start. Before launching any website or project, SpyFu is one of the first tools I go to to analyze the competitors, where they spend money, how are their currenty rankings, what keywords they use or rank for, etc. I sometimes even use its backlinks checker of the competitors with Ahrefs and while cross checking it always gives the reliable data. What's more, the reporting section or the reports itself are very good. They are intuitive and very easy to understand, which makes it easy to present to third-party who doesn't understand much of SEO. Makes life easier!

James Pollard

Great SEO tool for the price - gives you great data on competitors

Reviewed 2018-06-11

I've been able to gain an edge over my competition by seeing what they're doing and what's working. I've also been able to build a list of negative keywords to avoid paying for needless clicks in my PPC campaigns. I think this is one of the best SEO tools out there for competitive research. It gives you actionable data on what your competitors are doing online, including the keywords they're targeting. I've found that the data SpyFu gives you is fairly accurate and if you use it, it's fairly easy for it to pay for itself. I use it to find out who is bidding on what keywords and what they're doing with their paid campaigns. For example, if I find a company that has spent a ton of money on a particular keyword over a long period of time, I know it's profitable for them and it's worth checking out.

Competitor Analysis? No problemo

Reviewed 2018-11-07

SpyFu provides you with tons of data about any website you enter. It all comes down to how you use that information to improve your website's ranking and SERPs. The tool itself is great.I have been using SpyFu for years now. It is one of the best competitor analysis tools out there. I mainly use it to see for what keywords my competitors rank for and where they get their backlinks from. This is, however, just the basics. You can do a lot more with SpyFu. 1. Find keywords for PPC. See what keywords your competitor is targeting in a PPC campaign and what it is paying for those keywords. 2.AdWords analysis will give you an overview of any website's AdWords campaign and how it is going for them. 3. SERP analysis is another great area where SpyFu will help you identify keywords and SERP position of your competitors.

Subash Bidare

Must Use Tool for SEO & PPC

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-04-28

Must Use Tool for PPC & SEO workSpyFu provides great insight into keyword & competitor research, which are the building blocks of SEO & PPC. You can do keyword research for organic search - what is your competitor ranking for, what are their positions, how difficult is the keyword to rank for, etc. While on PPC keyword research you can figure out what keywords your competitors are targeting, what is the estimated ad spend, what is their ad copy, etc. This gives you a comprehensive idea of what the competition is doing & what their strategy is.

Hans P. Harris

Some of the best marketing insights on competitors' websites out there!

Reviewed 2018-09-27

SpyFu is ridiculously easy to use... Just plug in a competitor's domain, hit go, and get access to a treasure trove of competitive insights on your competitor's PPC, SEO, and back-linking efforts. My favorite feature of SpyFu is building keyword lists for PPC campaigns based on the keywords SpyFu sees competitors bidding on in real-time. For businesses in hyper-competitive online industries, this information can mean the difference between growing or going out of business.

'Rowdie' Mitch Goudy

Amazing product, helps get valuable insights for a great price.

Reviewed 2018-08-01

I really love the ability to quickly find information for ad campaigns while both sitting with prospective buyers, and for my team to use to optimize campaigns.

Bharath Aitha

Excellent Tool for Competitor Analysis

Reviewed 2018-05-06

I love the accuracy with which it shows the list of organic and paid keywords of my competitors. I also love the ad history feature where I can see the ad copies of my competitors. AsWords Advisor feature that recommends new keywords to bid for is also quite handy. Overall, it's an excellent tool to see what competitors are doing. Even while bidding for new keywords, it helps to see other ad copies that are working.

Stacey Biondo

Great!

Reviewed 2018-01-19

We use this regularly and it helps us to keep a good ides of how our company is doing in comparison.Our company has been utilizing this site for some time now and is has been very helpful to have a good idea of comparison for other company's like us.

Randy J LeJeune

Great SEO Tool Value

Reviewed 2018-12-04

When I need something that I cannot find, their customer support is there. I've enjoyed using SpyFu over the past 3 years and will continue using is as one of my SEO and AdWord tools.In comparison to other Ad and SEO tools, SpyFu offers a lot of great analytics. I like using it before taking on new clients to compare SEO and Ads. It also provides a great AdWords template to get started and the monthly reports and monitoring is good. Great value and tools!

Jake Nichols

The Best SEO Spy Tool Available

Reviewed 2018-11-11

SpyFu is an excellent SEO tool that should definitely be added to your existing kit of software.SpyFu enables keyword research and planning by essentially spying on your competitors. The entire process with SpyFu is painless and simple considering a perfectly fluid website and user experience. We particularly benefit from the PPC/CPC metrics that help us target particular keywords in paid search. Site monitoring is a top feature of SpyFu, as well. Essentially, you can log in and see what your biggest competitors are doing on a daily basis. It's incredible and it helps narrow the gap.

Erin Elliott

Great Cost Effective Tool

Used other for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-10-16

Overall, I think is a greta tool for the value!Really reasonably priced. Much of the digital marketing realm is aimed to mid and large companies, which prices smaller companies out their products. SpyFu helps fill this void.

Providing us High Quality SEM Keywords

Reviewed 2018-10-10

Helps me get more keywords to bid against without doing too much research.Really useful to get ideas from competitors. A little bit more complicated than one click, but it gives me good direction to do more research. Combined with SEMRush or something similar, you can get a lot of intel.

Jason Brown

Great Competitor Analysis Tool

Reviewed 2018-06-11

If you need to compare your company to your industry, this is 100% the way to do that.I mostly use this tool for competitor analysis and it is fantastic. We constantly get new keywords and ad copy from SpyFu while looking at our competitors in our industry. I also use this for working with new clients. It helps me gain perspective on any industry.

Anonymous

Simply amazing competitor research tool

Reviewed 2018-10-30

Spyfu has been been an important tool in setrting up and maintaining many client projects. We utilize the research tools on a weekly if not daily basis. Highly recommended for the price.Very easy to find out what keywords that my competitors are organically ranking for or paying for. Also a great tool for finding competitor backlinks. The shared keywords featur is also nice to see how I stand along with my competitors.

best keyword research tool

Reviewed 2018-01-30

allows me to quickly access information about keywords and ppc history relevant to our clients. can print reports too!

Danny camilli

Great PPC/SEO Tool for Competitive Insights

Reviewed 2018-03-13

Competitive insightsSpyFu provides me with a birds-eye view of competition. This allows me to benchmark spend & performance, without spending a lot of time. Great tool!

Good Competitive Metrics.

Reviewed 2018-10-09

Good Reporting tool on overall visibility.

Anonymous

This is a great research tool for marketers - tons of info

Reviewed 2018-01-31

I love the "kombat" mode that gives you an idea of how competitors stack up and also provides you with unique things they are doing (i.e. keywords they rank for that you don't)

Anonymous

Great tool to spy on your competitors

Reviewed 2018-05-11

Easy way to spy on your competitors.Great tool to find competitors keywords and their ads. You get good insight into your competitors. I would recommend this service to anyone.

Krupali Mandavia

Know your competitors and get on track

Reviewed 2018-12-16

Calculating PPC budget is really easy using SpyFu and hence that is one of the business problems that i am solving using SpyFu and above all Keyword Research has become really easy after I started using SPyfu.Competitor Research is the best part of SpyFu. It is a user-friendly software, unlike other SEO tools. I can easily know my competitor's most ranking and useful keywords using SpyFu.

John Hargrove

We use SpyFu for SEO keyword tracking and reporting.

Reviewed 2017-09-06

Great user interface, depth of content reporting. They have a lot of features for people looking for in-depth SEO reports.

Anonymous

Good reference for beginner to intermediate users - just take with a grain of salt

Used other for free trial
Reviewed 2018-06-17

Monitoring competitor SEO and PPC spend and keywordsIt's easy to start getting a high level overview of what competitors and other websites are doing from and SEO and PPC perspective. Detailed, longer reports can be obtained with the paid versions. It can help springboard ideas and monitor keyword opportunities.

Anonymous

I absolutely love this program it helps me so much when discussing sales calls with potential leads.

Reviewed 2017-11-22

The benefit I get from this software is that it helps me Benchmark where a client should be spending their PPC dollars.I love that they also send you videos of how to use their software in different ways. The production of these are about 3 to 5 minutes which is the perfect length for me to be able to listen to them while I'm doing other work to understand the software better.

Valuable Tool

Reviewed 2018-11-02

A valuable asset to our tool set.SpyFu looks at things slightly differently to other tools I use. This makes it a valuable asset when taking a holistic approach top SEO.

Aaron McGuire

I cant live without SpyFu. I feel like Im cheating!

Reviewed 2018-05-14

History of your closest competitor's ad text AND data showing what worked for them and what didn't? Yes please! I print weekly reports to easily prove SEO progress.