Explore a recommended list of G Suite alternatives for your business in 2020. Compare alternatives to G Suite side by side and find out what other people in your industry are using. Let GetApp help you determine if the competition offer better features or value for money.
Everything you need to know
G Suite (or Google Apps for Work) is a cloud software suite offering productivity apps such as Gmail, Hangouts, and Drive. Part of the strength of G Suite is just how well all these apps work together. To give you a better idea of G Suite, we've put together an overview of some of its most popular apps:
- Gmail: Gmail is popular with consumers as well as businesses. With Gmail, you can have a customized email address at your domain (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and can create email lists (e.g. email@example.com). Another useful feature of Gmail is that you could read and draft messages offline and send them when you're back online. With your migration tools, you can import old emails from other apps such as Lotus Notes and Microsoft Outlook.
- Hangouts Meet: Hangouts Meet is Google's video chatting and conferencing solution. Calls can be started from your Gmail inbox or by going to a specific link that's generated by Google. Meets can also be added to calendar events and invites. Hangouts Meet is available for iOS and Android.
- Calendar: One of calendar's greatest strengths is that it integrates with all the apps listed here. Calendars can be shared across Drive, Hangouts, and Gmail. Calendar allows users to create events along with detailed descriptions that can be sent as invites to coworkers. Calendar also offers a conference room-availability feature. You can also import calendars from Exchange and Outlook.
- Google Drive: Google Drive is a cloud storage solution. From there you can store, access and share files such as presentations, documents, spreadsheets, and images. Google Drive lets users assign permissions for files to limit access. The business and enterprise versions of G Suite offer unlimited storage for files (accounts with fewer than 5 users get 1TB per user). You can search through Drive using natural language search and optical character recognition. Drive integrates with other apps such as DocuSign, CloudLock, and LucidCharts. You can migrate data from other storage solutions such as Box and Dropbox.
G Suite is a powerful solution, but in case you're looking for something different, we've put together a list of alternatives:
- Skype for Business and Highfive offer video conferencing, web conferencing and screen sharing capabilities.
- GoToMeeting lets users host online meetings, and TeamViewer lets them support, access and manage online meetings.
- Slack offers communication management features, while RingCentral Glip offers team messaging, file sharing, task management, and screen sharing.
- Microsoft Office 365 and G Suite offer similar features including file storing, sharing, and editing. Users can connect through shared calendars, messaging and conferencing.