Google Cloud Storage Logo

Object storage platform to store, organize, and analyze data

Google Cloud Storage Reviews

Suggested alternatives

firmex-virtual-data-rooms
digitalocean
cycloid

I am in love with the fact that I can store my data safely and retrieve it from any device provided I have my google login details anytime anywhere. Also customer services are top tier and helpful.
What I like most about the software, is the ease of usage. You set up your devices, and you are able to upload all documents or photos to the cloud definitely effortlessly.
I love how Cloud Storage keeps all of my important documents in one easy to access location. It is nice knowing that no matter what device that I am on, I can have access to my material.
The problem is that if you upload many pictures or files at the same time, there is a risk that the program will not tolerate, it just stops.
The amount of space given was way too small and easy to get tricked into paying for more space is ridiculous.
I dislike that the cloud storage space gets filled up quickly, the icloud sends you a reminder every day that your storage is full and that you need to pay for more storage.

2,265 reviews

Heather G.

Business owner

Health, Wellness and Fitness, self-employed

Worth the $1

Transcript

Heather G.: Hi, my name is Heather. I'm a sports chiropractor. I give Cloud Storage a five. For more...

Joshua S.

Attorney

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

One of several storage solutions we use

Transcript

Josh: My name's Josh. I own and run a law firm. We rake Google Cloud Storage four out of five stars....

Jessie O.

Construction, 1-10 employees

My recommended storage software

Pros

I like the high amount of free storage that comes with this the software and did I mention that it was free?

Cons

I previously lost access to my storage cloud and my inability to gain access to my account was damn near impossible I believe that the customer service Department should offer more Avenues to resolve situations like these

Troy B.

E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 employees

Google does it again with cloud storage

We use this software everyday as a means to backup all information we have into a secure cloud database accessible from any device at any time.

Pros

Google does it again with making storing any data on the cloud easy and able to integrate into many different applications.

Cons

I feel that since Windows 11 and the integration within that operating system that I don’t have anything to say about what I do not like.

MT

Mani Teja T.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

A Service For Storing: Google Cloud Storage

Anybody can store data in google cloud storage who are having google accounts.

Pros

We can store our files in google cloud storage. By using google cloud storage we can skip carrying of external drives.

Cons

If we forget authentication details we cant acces our files that are stored in google cloud stotage. Sometimes data may lost.

David M.

Oil & Energy, 501-1,000 employees

David's Google Cloud Storages Review

I find it very helpful as I can use it from my mobile device to my phone.

Pros

Google Cloud Storage gives a free 15gbs plus a free Gmail account without and subscription or payment details.

Cons

As with any cloud system Google Cloud Storage has no offline mode.

Sergio Arantes G.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Best storage software and it integrate with all my hardware.

I use google cloud storage everyday for more than 3 years and I love it so far. Easy to use, very user friendly and never had any problems with it.

Pros

For me I like most about this software is how easy to access my files, backup everything and integrate with my laptop, smartphone and tablet.

Cons

Nothing. For me Google Cloud Storage became very important in my daily tasks. I use it with my Windows and I save everything in it.

Daniel T.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Google Cloud Storage - No Brainer

I upload all of my work backups there in addition to my local drive. I can do this with automation which is even better.

Pros

This software is extremely easy to use, flexible and able to be used by beginners all the way through advanced users. It's quite malleable and allows for many ways to store files.

Cons

The main one is the link sharing issue, which has been there since day one.

Nicolae D.

Medical Devices, 201-500 employees

Ease of use, highly positive impact for users

Pros

I especially like the seamless integration with all Google products, users are very happy with it. Very easy to setup and use, almost never had any problems, just set it up and forget about it, it works.

Cons

None, everything works as expected, nothing is left out.

Egehan S.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

An easy method to keep research protocols and up to date data on cloud

Overall google cloud gave us as a clinic the tools to collaborate and share the data easily.

Pros

Family functionality lets up to 5 users to use updated cloud memory.

Cons

User Interface could be improved. Sometimes it can be hard to find what you are looking for.

Amin A.

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Best storage platform available

We’ve used this for a little over one year. We use it to share data with the team. We’ve used a number of other products, this is the best in my opinion.

Pros

Super intuitive, cost effective, and easy to collaborate with the entire team. If you’re already using the google suite for your email, it’s an even

Cons

Honestly, there isn’t anything that I don’t like about this. Cost is very reasonable to me. Features are great.

Kostya N.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Storing user data

It took a lot of problems from dev team, like storing any amounts of user data without of pain.

Pros

API to generate short living url to any content stored in Google Storage. Great permission schema that allowes to chose requred level of permission customization (per file for example)

Cons

Not very good documentation for PHP api, lack of good integrations - for exmple Data Protection Managment allows to store backups in azure, but not in google storage.

aR

april R.

Photography, 1-10 employees

Convenient & Reliable Photo & Document Storage

Pros

I'm a photographer. I love that my photos can upload from both my cellular device & computer directly to the cloud storage. I can easily organize all of my client files, send individual & private links for my clients to access their photos and documents. Clients can easily share their files with friends and family and add to their own Google cloud.

Cons

I don't think there's anything I liked least. The file downloading option could be easier.

SS

Stiliyan S.

Design, 1,001-5,000 employees

Good or not?

Complicated - really hard to handle things in there, but overall it was exactly as a normal cloud storage, where I kept my files.

Pros

I am a little bit confused and hesitate a little as well. I know that a lot of famous and big companies use Google Cloud Storage, such as Twitter, Pay Pal. I tried it. There is a good part that you don't have to pay to try it. I am really not as satisfied as other cloud storage. Maybe there are different pros and cons and since I am just a single user. Maybe it's more into big companies with different kinds of things to keep in them. It works like a normal Cloud Storage for me.

Cons

Maybe it's way easier to use other Cloud Storages. Everything in there needs to be google-searched to understand how to use it or how to find where it is. Things are complicated in there. I am just not as satisfied as the others.

Internet, 11-50 employees

The Storage of the Future is here

Switching from standard hosting to Cloud Storage has helped us make a turn around and a drastic improvement of resources management and optimization with an uptime of more than 99% at almost -80% the cost.

Pros

We have been using Google Cloud Storage for more than a few years now. We are using it as our main platform for hosting from digital assets to static websites.

Cons

We reported a vital vulnerability on the LoadBalancer about 2 years ago, and just a few months ago it was addressed.

ER

Ethan R.

Computer Networking, self-employed

Google Cloud Storage takes the worry out of finding relaible cloud storage for a good value.

I would say for the most part all of my experiences with this software has been good. I have not encountered anything negative other than the limits of their services which is very understandable. no company out their can give everything away for free, but google sure does try.

Pros

Google Cloud Storage has lots of features that make backing up my files any where I go simple and easy. I use it to store the multitude of photos I use on a daily basis to sell my services to potential clients that I could never store on my mobiles devices. Its so nice to be able to free up my storage capacity for more apps that make my life more stream lined that I could never be able to have room...

Cons

The only cons are that if you are using the free versions of their cloud services is that you will find that after a certain point your upload speeds will be throttled but its not something you would need to worry about for most use cases unless you are pushing a lot of data like for example and entire companies worth of work flow for the purposes of backing up your companies data in case of data loss or destruction. So for most people you don't need to worry and if you are trying to do that you can just pay for unrestricted access instead of going the free route.

RAJEEV R.

Oil & Energy, 10,001+ employees

Why this is best among others?

From my point of view, I'm still using it and haven't replaced it with other apps as I find it very comfortable to use. Sometimes it makes me chew my teeth but that doesn't matter as it provides much better facilities than any other available apps in market. The important files and documents of mine are safe on this platform. Surely I'll suggest everyone to use it without a doubt. No concern of privacy as the brand Google already gaining trust of consumers. Its that much simple as a local storage and a beginner with zero knowledge can also easily use this.

Pros

Till the date I have not found any cloud storage that can compete this storage. Trust me this is worthy to use. Talking about its pros, first thing is this storage is absolutely free on trail basis. For beginners and normal users this storage provides enough storage capacity that an user needs. You can also use this on large basis which will cost you some penny. Easy to use and very user friendly in nature. You can connect your Google account with this so that it can automatically backup your important files and save there. The stored data is immediately available whenever you need as there is no downfall till the date I'm using. Very trustworthy and safe. Google guarantees you of your privacy so you need not to worry. It can support most of the file formats.

Cons

Frankly saying, there is not much thing you will dislike about this app. Its likable product. The only thing I suggest is the price of premium storage. Its little bit expensive but affordable. Sometimes it gets slower but you will not loose your data. You will have to clear cache to make it work faster. Little bit of problems I faced in uploading of big files as it took more time to upload. User interface needs more improvement.

DS

David S.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Where Would I Be without CLoud Storage

Pros

Easy to share documents and files with both internal and external users. It used to be that you'd run into a hurdle if you shared an item from your cloud storage with a non-Chrome/Gmail account, but that is not the case any more. *Still, this can be an issue to some extent, it's not perfect, more on that in the Cons section. There are different tiers of storage, but for most people saving simple documents,...

Cons

There are not too many cons. These are really subjective to me, but while you can share items from your cloud storage to various people/groups even if they don't have accounts connected to Google, I've still had a few hiccups with sharing links. Another gripe I have is on my personal account, they do upgrades and downgrades to storage limitations and it can be a pain to remove items or pay a higher price. This hasn't happened too often. Microsoft is the worst with this, but has happened to me. My company Cloud Storage is good but those details are not managed by me.

dw

dreama w.

Cosmetics, self-employed

Absolutely Love it

This program has been something my family and I have always turned to when wanting to put our sensitive and older family photos in for years. Its very reliable, easy to use and has plenty of space to store your precious moments. I have never had the problem loosing photos with this program as I have had with others in the past. So much so that I always double back up my iCloud photos to Google, that way I can confirm they will be around for years.

Pros

What I loved the most about this program is its ease of use, it is also very cost friendly. I have ICloud which tends to be very expensive so, I upload everything to my computer and then send it to my Google Cloud Storage. Also I seem to be able to find my my way around this program very easily and It doesn't loose my photos. I have used the same account that my mom started for me years ago and I love it, I tend to turn to this anytime I want a great place to store time sensitive photos.

Cons

Their is really nothing I do not love about this program, it has been a life saver to me and my family photos many of times.

Falisha Z.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Cloud Storage by Google

Pros

It's pretty easy to save files, particularly large ones. You may apply a highly fine-tuned access right policy to your files since access rights are pretty specific. Additionally, if you are comfortable with the command line, there is no need to navigate via the UI. CLOUD STORAGE IS BECOMING INCREASINGLY CRUCIAL since I frequently operate outside of my office and want quick and easy access to my files and documents.

Cons

Some of the aspects of Cloud Storage that I wouldn't say I like the least are the file indexing style, which is not very user-pleasant, and I had some difficulty finding back for my files or documents. I had to go to the bottom of the file view to find the proper file since it was too enormous. The user interface isn't always intuitive and easy to use, and the documentation isn't always straightforward.

Adra Safiya K.

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Great cloud storage tool

Pros

It's simple to organize and access documents. This allows me to free up a lot of space on my hard drive. It is so easy to preserve papers that are regularly stored and easily accessed from anywhere at any time. It's simple to use and always there as we need it. Design and functionality are excellent. It is accessible to anybody, and it maintains our staff linked to the data we utilize.

Cons

Due to the fact that data retrieval is sluggish when the connection is slow, a speedy internet connection is required all of the time in order to save and recover data as quickly as possible. It will be beneficial to improve the graphical user interface. If it were less expensive, I would significantly increase my storage space. The more data that accumulates over time, the less expensive storage should be.

Hina S.

Information Technology and Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Google Cloud Storage: A Reliable and Cost-Effective Storage Solution

I've had a good overall experience using Google Cloud Storage. It was a very user-friendly site, and I had no trouble storing or accessing my data. I also liked that I could tailor the service to meet my demands and financial constraints by selecting from a range of price options. The customer service was extremely friendly and quick to respond to any queries I had. Overall, Google Cloud Storage has met my needs and I would suggest it to anyone searching for a dependable and safe cloud storage service.

Pros

The adaptability and scalability of Google Cloud Storage appeal to me. Data can be kept on the cloud and accessed from any location with an internet connection. Additionally, a variety of storage options are offered, ranging from conventional file storage to specialised storage options for media and data analysis. Google Cloud Storage is also quite safe and offers robust encryption for data kept on its servers.

Cons

The least liked aspect of Google Cloud Storage would be the cost of storage, which can be expensive depending on the size and type of data being stored. The pricing can be confusing, as there are different tiers and plans that can affect the overall cost. Additionally, the pricing for third-party applications and services can add up quickly, making it an expensive storage solution for larger organizations.

Joseph N.

International Trade and Development, 11-50 employees

Keep your Documents ever Safe and Readily Available

This is a tool that everyone needs. Not only the organizations but also individuals because data security is a paramount issue for all of us.

Pros

Every day at the workplace is a day for new data and information, while at the same time, a risk to losing the data and information stored in the computers, to viruses, malware or technical failures. Google Cloud Storage, howeve comes to my rescue in providing unlimited storage space for my files, over the internet, such that I am no longer worried about my machines crashing or getting infected with...

Cons

Internet access is required to access the files that have been stored in Google cloud space, and therefore if the client is not connected to the internet, will not be able to access the files that are not physically stored in their computers.

Pritam S.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

GCS Secure and Reliable Storage also going to win and dominate the Cloud Storage world.

Basically have a positive experience with Google Cloud Storage. It is a secure, reliable, and scalable cloud storage solution that is easy to use and integrate.

Pros

GCS provide secure encryption in transit, access control, and auditing. It's meet user needs, regardless of how much data user need to store. It can easily integrate with any existing business and individuals.

Cons

I think it can be little bit complex to use, especially for beginners and new starters moreover pricing can be high.

Shahirah L.

Financial Services, 10,001+ employees

Secure & store online data

Cloud Storage making the process to storing a files and document more easy and not dependent anymore on local drive storage.

Pros

I am in love with the security provided by this software, and i can store and work comfortably knowing my online data can be easily access by me. Cloud storage is important nowadays, as I always work outside of my office and need a quick access to my files and data.

Cons

Some of the things that i like least with Cloud Storage is, the file indexing layout is not too user friendly, and i had some hard time searching back for my files or document. They file view is too big, and i had to scroll to the bottom to find the correct file.

Felicia T.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Google Cloud Storage Supports Convenience and a Mobile Workplace

Our overall experience is positive as we both have a system for backup of files as well as the ability to access working documents in real time across multiple devices and multiple teams and people in different locations.

Pros

I love being able to access my Google Cloud Storage from multiple devices and to work with other people on my team in a variety of locations in real time. The ability to set up folders has helped our teams organize our work and projects. I've been using the functionality that allows for offline access to continue to read documents while away from an internet connection so that I can stay productive. We pay a monthly fee for storage and the price point seems reasonable for the value we are getting.

Cons

Recently we had a situation when one team member deleted some files from her Google Storage, which then deleted them for the rest of the shared team. We had to work with customer service to reverse this, since the files were still needed by other people. We are still working out how to make sure people who need files have access to them while other people do not need to have items they are not using fill their personal storage.

Haszleen S.

Telecommunications, 5,001-10,000 employees

Store data online securely

Overall, i am satisfied with the software and will continue to operate it.

Pros

Great point of Cloud Storage is, they have a very good level of security with the data that are stored in here, and i don't have to be afraid of my data got leaked or hacked, as long i follow with their suggestion on how to safely secure my data and document on the sites.

Cons

The pricing scheme is not too friendly with personal usage, as most of the discount and benefit are more towards business or organization plan. Other than that, the user experience is not too good as some of the feature are not easy to setup and require a long step to do it.