WeTransfer Reviews

4.78/5 (781 reviews)

Tommy Schneckenberger

I love WeTransfer!

Reviewed 2019-08-16

WeTransfer has allowed me to solve the problem of sending and receiving large files without sacrificing quality or efficiency. This software has saved me lots of time and given my collaborators and clients a great experience which to me, is priceless!

Pros
What I love most about this software is its ease of use and convenience! As a professional photographer, film director, and editor, I'm constantly using large files and never want to compromise quality when needing to send or receive files online or via email. WeTransfer allows me to work with large files without sacrificing quality due to size constraints. Also, It's so easy to use and saves me so much time within my workflow. Professional emails and notifications upon sending, receiving, or downloading files is a great touch. In my opinion, WeTransfer is worth every penny for the premium plan​ and is very affordable for any user or business of any level. Highly recommend​!

Cons
The only constructive feedback I'd give for this software is giving the users the ability to upload folders for transfer instead of individual files and transfers to be smoother when running in the background. However, I've found very easy and practical solutions for both of these items. For multiple file upload, I simply group my desired files into a ".Zip" file and WeTransfer is able to work with those extremely well! As for the background downloads, sometimes i've ran into my transfers getting paused or stuck when my computer goes to sleep, so I simply leave music playing from my computer as this will keep my computer on, and I use transfer time as a great space for a break to walk away and refresh! :)

Asdrúbal Javier Abril

Wetranfer changed my way of transferring files!!!!!!

Reviewed 2019-07-25

When I say that I change my way of transferring files I don't lie like when a medicine actually heals you but immediately, it was always the most cumbersome task to find easy and agile methods and when I discovered wetranfer I definitely felt comfortable, even when I speak in the Cons above section does not seem to me to be negative things if not ways to find new ways to develop the site, advice as a user that would be incredible will take the time to read

Pros
In principle I started using wetranfer because of my need to send files quickly and easily, the first thing I liked about this page was that there was no need to register to use it and I could use 2GB in my favor, I also liked the fact that I could send the file through a link or an email and that in this one I will be notified when the other person arrives and also what allowed me to keep track of my files, I also loved the innovative platform, sometimes it was not only to enter and send a file if every so often there was a work by some new artist and that generated curiosity to know it, apart from being a very practical page I like the concept it handles, from the clouds I think it is one of the most avant-garde platforms for I still use that. Definitely, these types of pages are excellent because they are not limited to entering and registering to be able to have access if it is not at the hand of those who need it, for me it is always important to be able to count on practicality

Cons
Over time I realized that I wanted to have an account, but it did not leave me if it was not premium what disappointed me a little, another thing that I did not like was that I tried to send the link to another person and that the access was totally public, there should be some kind of encryption to protect the files because it could be exposed to fishing.

Sébastien Lavoie

Simple yet Powerful Solution to Sharing Big Files That Matter

Reviewed 2019-03-12

Overall, it is undoubtedly one of the best services of that kind that I have used over the years. In many cases, I find it even more convenient than a cloud storage solution because nothing is linked to one specific account and there is no need to garbage collect archives that are no longer in use. This can be a doubled-edge sword, but frankly one can just reupload files when needed or realize how much or how little interest the recipient has when getting an email confirmation when the files have been downloaded, which is obviously another great feature of WeTransfer. In work situations, this actually is wonderfully useful as the recipient can't fake that the information hasn't got through. It even works equally well for transferring encrypted archives that contain sensitive information and so we have given our trust to this service many, many times. I haven't personally needed to contact their customer support yet, but I have seen how well WeTransfer treat their customers and I have no doubt they will be there when the time comes.

Pros
WeTransfer is very easy to use, both for the sender and the recipient. In fact, no user needs to create an account to start with: it is just a matter of using the intuitive interface to upload one or more files and indicate an email for the files to be received. This comes in handy to send files that are too large to be attached in an email but that still need to be delivered to people who aren't necessarily tech-savvy. There is also a very useful feature available to generate a link instead of sending an email. It never failed on me during a transfer, nor when sending or receiving an email. It has consistently worked flawlessly and gives valid reasons to switch to a paid account, especially for the additional nice benefits it offers: you can transfer 20GB at once; store up to 100GB; files are kept for longer; you can password-protect files and you can even have your own personalized web address with a custom background wallpaper. Even with a free account, it never feels like a limited service: downloads and uploads are quick and reliable.

Cons
After sharing dozens and dozens of files with family, friends and colleagues, there is only one drawback with WeTransfer: most of the files uploaded, being sent through free accounts, will expire after 7 days. Most of the time, this is more than enough, but it can cause some troubles to have to reupload the exact same big files (or sometimes series of files) because the recipient haven't taken the time to download them. One great feature that could potentially save some bandwidth for everyone would be to have the ability to extend the expiration date a day or two before it is supposed to expire. As a workaround for now, it is indeed convenient to have a Premium account to avoid this pitfall. I almost exclusively use this service on a laptop, but I will admit that I did experience some troubles with the iPhone application: when transferring an archive that was too large to fit on the smartphone, it somehow hung up and there was no way to fix the issue through the app. Hopefully, it was possible to use a third-party application to manually find and deleted the partially downloaded archive to free up some space and give life back to the WeTransfer app.

I. Adrian Acosta Boyer

Total excellence in video, image and file sharing software.

Reviewed 2018-09-05

Wetransfer is a high-performance software that you should start using immediately. The benefits it offers are fabulous and very easy to use. This software will open your eyes to the way you send documents online.

Pros
I always tell my colleagues and supervisors, in my career as a photographer and editor there's a before and after since I've known this software. I say this because WeTransfer is a fascinating software that combines effectiveness in the delivery of videos, photographs and documents with quality service. One of the great benefits that I can mention from this software is that, as a result of my work, I have to send large photo packages to my bosses so that they can review the material and choose the photos they want, and Wetransfer allows me to send and receive large photo or video packages very easily and quickly, avoiding the limitations of e-mails, which was my most recurrent option when sending photographs or videos. Wetransfer allows you to send up to 2gb of information, enough to send the information I need.

Cons
In this section I will not comment, as I consider Wetransfer to be a software that revolutionized the way I sent the information I wanted, and all this very easily and quickly, I could not criticize a software like this, or at least, I have not found limitations or negative points to highlight in this review.

Gonzalo Bonini

An state of the art and powerful way to share big files

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-07-17

WeTransfer does what it promises, FileTransfer made simple, fast and affordable. A great asset for anyone that deals daily with big files and impatient clients.

Pros
WeTransfer made it impossibly easy and efficient to Transfer files. They focus and they excel, they don't really host your files, they transfer them. Your files, if on the free plan, have a 7-day lifespan. The receiver gets a link and you get to know when they downloaded it, simple and great. The interface is usable for no tech-savvy users (this is where many Cloud services fail because your client will need an account on the service, install a client, etc). In fact, neither you or your client need an account to transfer your files, you just need a link generated by the platform. The downloading and uploading speed is incredible, even in places with poorer connections. Gone are the days of USB sticks, trash on your Cloud accounts, emails or the client saying "I didn't get it" when they did. I often share heavy files like RAW files and .psd projects and this tool has proved wonders. Like a professional mediator between you and your client. "Here is his work, please download it". This company has also a great eye on design, proved by their beautiful backgrounds, super simple interface and now on the great stories featured on WePresent.

Cons
The mobile app can be buggy if you are dealing with a big file. This is not a problem but can happen, in a remote scenario, that you delete the mail with the link and your client does the same then the link is forever lost. It could be great to retrieve a log of the active links under my mail, for example, I could send an email to WeTransfer with a subject of "Log" and I will be replied with my current links (I understand the security issues involved). Many people seem to be a concern on how the company handles the privacy and security of the files shared, in the case of sharing highly-confidential files I would think it twice.

Divan van den Berg

We all love We Transfer

Reviewed 2019-08-08

Very easy to use with great insight into local and global stories and brands that run in the background while your transfer is busy uploading and sending.

Pros
We Transfer is easy to use, keeps the receiver and sender up to date on everything that happens with the transfer and even reminds the receiver if he or she has not downloaded the files.

Cons
The transferred files have a link that is only valid for 7 days and the limit to transfer files is only 2GB. With competitors offering higher transfer quotas We Transfer will most likely be a second choice for users looking at sending files that are larger than 2GB

Anonymous

The best way to share files with clients, teammates and family

Reviewed 2019-09-25

Overall, the experience was quite pleasing, their website is quite easy to use and is not clattered with buttons and ads.

Pros
Wetransfer was the perfect solution I've used to be able to share files, video or images with our client for review approval on the run. With a simple drag and drop the files are uploaded to the Wetransfer server, and we are able to either send them directly to the client or have the unique link to our files saved for future use. It is worth noting that we use both the premium and free. We use the premium to keep files we want to use in the future (beyond the 1 week limit). We use the free edition to share files with our clients or to send to other offices when we don't care if they expire beyond initial use. Our favorite use of Wetransfer, is to host files that we want to distribute in events or meetings and simply share the link with attendees and guests. Did I mention that they have a mobile app too? Quite useful when on you are on the move and need access to specific files, or need to receive videos for review.

Cons
Not much to be honest, we had an issue with the 100 gigabyte limit on premium, however just last week, Wetransfer increased the limit to 1 terabyte!

Ushoshi Syam

Perfect file sharing software

Reviewed 2019-10-16

We transfer is extremely easy to access and has solved a lot of the problems that would arise regarding file sharing. It's got a reasonable limit on transfers and I use it on a daily basis sometimes more than 10 times in the day. Being able to have a link that can be easily circulated is a huge positive of this software. I would recommend this software to any one who has to share files regularly because the pros outweigh the cons in a significant way

Pros
It's perfect for the use i have. In my company we don't have a internal server, hence file sharing is difficult. We rely mostly on emails but that limits data sharing to 25 MD. Which when it comes to design is not much while transferring heavy software files. We transfer allows us to transfer these files, to each other and printers easily. It's also convenient to be able to transfer folders instead of individual files. Additionally 2GB is a good limit for data. And it can be used multiple times during the day. Love the way they feature artists and lists on their page so, you're occupied while you're waiting for your files to transfer.

Cons
Files only remain for 7 days. Some important files have to be resent again. It takes very long at times to transfer files. Inspite of the internet speed.

Likelihood to recommend: 7/10

Sergio Rafael Eduardo de Hijes

The best software on the market for sending files and images.

Reviewed 2018-10-29

Pros
"A wonder of software", this is what comes to mind when I think of We Transfer. This software has greatly facilitated my job performance as it has facilitated the transfer of images, videos and documents to other recipients. I have a total of 2 gb of capacity to send information, this I use enough since the emails have a maximum sending capacity of up to 25 mb, and any document, video or photograph that exceeds 25 mb of storage capacity ends up being sent from the cloud, making the sending of information more tedious. With We Transfer I have overcome the capacity limitations for sending information and therefore I fully recommend it to all my colleagues and people.

Cons
While I have not had any security problems when using we transfer, if I could read on the Internet about the software and discovered that has security problems because the company has no protection from the arvhicos that are sent, exposing such information and at the hands of hackers and the general public who can access the information being transferred. It would be good if the company we transfer increases the level of security to use this software.

Zarrar Shahid

An Excellent File Sharing Software!

Reviewed 2019-06-04

My entire organization uses this software for sending files. I think this is a very user friendly free service offerred to customers. Being the Senior Tax Manager, I have to share many PDF Files containing hundreds of documents of size hundreds of MBs and I always use WeTransfer for this purpose. Presentations, Videos of conferences and many workshops videos kept for record keeping are shared via WeTransfer only. A must have software. Gone are the days of USBs and Hard Disks.

Pros
Everything! I absolutely love this software. File Sharing is made so easy via WeTransfer. WeTransfer does not require any registration or signing up to do. The free version allows us to send up to 2 GB worth of data free to any email address. The recepient receives a WeTransfer link which he can download with in 7 days. Along with this, when the recepient downloads the files I sent, I will get an email notification making the entire process very reliant and safe. The 2 GB allowed in the free version is enough to send majority of our large files including videos and complete photo albums

Cons
I have faced a few problems in the WeTransfer mobile application while attaching large files but other than that I don't have any issues with this software.

Dianne Volek

The best file transfer solution

Reviewed 2019-10-29

It is the best solution and I recommend it to all my clients. It is easy to use, friendly and secure and does exactly what you want it to do. The free version is sufficient for everything. I enjoy receiving files by WeTransfer also -it is quick and easy.

Pros
I recommend this to every client - it is easy to use, and does not require an account. It tracks when the files were downloaded. You don't have to continually "clean it out" and try to manage storage on your own computer or on the server. It doesn't install anything on your computer. I enjoy the little "tidbits" whenever you go to the website. It is so good, I feel guilty not buying the pro version!

Cons
I would like the little window to be a bit bigger - it can sometimes be difficult to see a longer message. But it does keep your message concise, which is probably a good thing.

LINA MARIA VALENCIA IZQUIERDO

An excellent solution for sending photos and videos in real time

Reviewed 2018-08-01

A software that will change your way of thinking and see the transfer of files in real time. Therefore it is necessary that you acquire it and use it

Pros
We Transfer is a wonderful alternative for our daily activities at work. And this not only results in workers who are in the office, but in those who perform field research functions. I say this, because We Transfer has allowed us to optimize in an amazing way the sending of photographs and videos of the field investigations, being able to streamline the process of forming technical reports to be presented to the respective supervisors and area managers. We highlight these characteristics of We Transfer, because it has simply enhanced in an indescribable way all our functions associated with the research area, therefore I strongly recommend that you acquire this fabulous software.

Cons
Although we have read in different web forums that security is a problem with this software, we have been able to overcome this problem from time to time, and on the contrary, we welcome the use of this software in our management, recommending it energetically to the companies.

Edward Jacob

Send files easily.

Reviewed 2019-09-06

It is very useful, since sometimes I have to send emergency files, then it is when I use WeTransfer and everything is faster, being honest is one of the best platforms to transfer files that I have tried, it helped me a lot, especially simplified my working life , and I hope they continue to improve and add new features.

Pros
WeTransfer is a very complete platform where it allows me to send large files with incredible ease, the sending speed is unsurpassed, its interface is stable and has a type of background advertising that can be edited with the plus version, the free version allows Sending files with a limit of 2 GB, although it sounds good, is the best option, but if you want to use the maximum of this platform, the Plus version is amazing, as it allows you to send up to 20 GB per file. It provides 100 GB of storage and can also protect files sent with a custom password and have many more features that are really good.

Cons
I have no problems with this platform, everything works correctly, but I would like them to add new functions, such as being able to verify if the sender receives the file and if I can download it correctly, that will help a lot, and also that it implements more advanced collaboration tools, since Even being the Plus version, it can't do anything but share files, and it doesn't seem fair, I hope they continue adding new features.

Patricia Boysen

WeTransfer for Ease and Safety

Reviewed 2019-10-27

My overall experience with WeTransfer is amazing. In my industry we send video auditions all day. WeTransfer makes it so simple to receive and send without risking my computer to receive viruses or spyware. It Makes it easy for my actors to upload large files and send them quickly.

Pros
The ease of use is exceptional. The ability to send large files so simply is amazing. The link feature is one of my favorite features. You can paste your link in an email and send it personally with your own details and not through the companies generic mail system, if you desire.

Cons
If I have to choose what I like least it would be the Wetransfer boards and the confusion my clients have with the boards at times. Sending a link from the boards doesn't always work the way intended.

Dewey Browder IV

We Love WeTransfer!

Reviewed 2019-08-29

A simple but very effective way to send larger files. We will continue to use WeTransfer as long as it is around!

Pros
Our company uses WeTransfer to send files that are too large for email, which is perfect for non-sensitive data (like videos). The free version lets you send files up to 2gb, which is perfect for most use cases. Link sharing makes it easy to share with people who don't want to be bothered with being invited to/accessing cloud storage accounts.

Cons
The 7 day expiration can get a little frustrating, as we often find ourselves re-uploading files that the client did not download in time. However, this can be circumvented with a premium account (which we have recently upgraded to), which allows files up to 20gb. We have also had a few issues with uploading through the mobile application.

Matthew Kane

WeTransfer the best software to transfer files easily

Reviewed 2019-09-23

Thanks to WeTransfer, I can now send large files in a very simple way, without having to rely so much on emails.

Pros
I love this software, it helps me to send files that are very large to send by email, Wetransfer is a tool for sharing files easily and efficiently, you just need to add the email to whom you want to send the files, upload the file, you will add a message if you wish and that's it, the loading speed shows a very fast and precise speed, this tool also has a very good interface and I really like the image gallery that shows us on its website.

Cons
WeTransfer is the best software you can find to send large files, this tool offers everything that promises, very good operation, the only drawback I see is that WeTransfer is your security, I think the files sent by this software are available for any person can access them without any problem, something that limits a lot when sending more private files.

Anonymous

Sharing Ideas and Executing Them With Ease!

Reviewed 2019-09-27

Amazing. Like I said, it's an incredibly easy app to use. I work in a Communications department at a small college, and considering how much we do for other departments in the college, this app lets us finish those tasks swiftly and easily.

Pros
It's. Stupid. Easy. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to drag your files, type the recipients and your email (for the receipt of delivery), and send them to your team members. My team collaborators use Microsoft Outlook while I don't—I'm a contractor with no access to a company email—and Outlook has a size limit and strict virus tracker; it makes it difficult for me to send them completed designs and documents. WeTransfer, although their emails may go to a separate folder, helps me send said files with ease.

Cons
Nothing really. I was going to mention probably their size limit, but I don't use it enough nor deliver large enough files to suffice to subscribe to WeTransfer Plus.

Fidel Molina

Reviewed 2019-11-19

It has made it easier for me to be able to send and receive files and heavy documents in my work area, editable files that, due to the program where they are carried out, are heavy, in addition to resolving me at different times when sharing a link with the sender, or simply keeping me awake If the file was downloaded by the person who needed it.

Pros
Possibly one of the applications that I use the most in my work environment, being able to share heavy files with coworkers and clients becomes really easy just by having to share a link. So far I have not had problems with the application and it facilitates and cuts distances and time when working.

Cons
Perhaps the only inconvenience that this has is the time that the files sent in the cloud remain, as well as the capacity or size limit of sending in the free version could upload a small percentage. Beyond that, the application has responded and it has been useful to me.

Trina Herrera

A software that revolutionized the way to send documents and images.

Reviewed 2018-07-31

Pros
In our editorial line, the transfer of information quickly and efficiently is a factor that plays a large part in the processes of delivering products to our customers, revisions of the material for inclusion in texts, and in the quality control of them. Taking these characteristics into cents, We Transfer has been an inseparable ally, since it has allowed us to mobilize heavy files on the web in a simple way without having to pay expensive file sending services. In addition to this, We Transfer is very easy to use, you only need the documents, images or videos that you are going to send and a recipient email that is where the information will arrive. It is simply dazzling and amazing how this software has dramatically increased our operability and performance. It is certainly a vital ally in our editorial and we recommend it in unison

Cons
There is no need to criticize excellence. This metaphor is used when describing the performance of We Transfer. This is software that can not be absent from any business space, or independent. All that program that simplifies functions in the work will have my approval.

Marco Ricciardi

Never fails

Reviewed 2019-08-06

We transfer is the perfect tool for transferring very large files quickly and hassle free. Differently from other companies cloud storage, We transfer works as a courier instead of a storage place. It takes your file, advises the recipient(s) it's available, makes several attempts for them to download and once it's delivered it gets DELIVERED. We transfer doesn't keep the file. Which avoids all the bull with buying more storage etc etc.

Pros
Really easy to use. It takes care of all communications - Advises the sender when is available to be downloaded by the recipient, it advises the recipient when its available. Advises the sender when it's been downloaded by the recipient, etc

Cons
Nothing. It's just perfect. Never let me down.

Perfect for what it is

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-11-06

I much prefer using WeTransfer over attaching a big file to an email and then having Google Drive attach it as a link that the person may or may not be able to open. Great for film festivals!

Pros
It's a super secure, very simple way to send large files. Gmail and Google Drive can be so confusing with that stuff. WeTransfer just does one thing, and it does it well. Drive has all these weird permissions that are so awkward to change, so often you send someone a file and they can't even open it, and you don't really know why.

Cons
The interface is kind of funky. The first time I received a file, even as a young somewhat techy person, I was confused why there were other things going on on the page. But I figured it out and now I think it's easy.

Anonymous

Easy, straightforward, file transfer system

Reviewed 2019-07-23

Overall, if you're someone who needs to send files fast and easy, WeTransfer is right for you.

Pros
WeTransfer does a great job in doing one thing really well... they make file transfers easy, intuitive, and affordable. I was able to customize the appearance of our links and the background of the file pages with all of our company branding so it looks the most professional.

Cons
The only con I can think of is the fact that it only does one thing... because alternatives like Google Drive, do so much more, it's easy for people to think they should just go with the bigger company.

Kaitlin Baden

WeTransfer is a life saver!

Reviewed 2019-08-06

We use WeTransfer for video auditions on a daily basis; I also use WeTransfer for designs and large PDF and Adobe files. I don't know how I ever worked without it.

Pros
WeTransfer is a hassle-free way to send large files to clients/friends/family without having to deal with Dropbox, Google Drive, or other online servers. It also notifies you when your files have been delivered, AND when they've been downloaded...so you can send follow-up emails to people if file downloads are time-sensitive.

Cons
If you only have the free version, you can only upload up to 2GB worth of files, and you can only email to 3 email addresses at a time; that being said, 2 GB is still pretty sizable, and you can always send as many wetransfers as possible. I do wish that that the files were available for an unlimited amount of time, but they do allow for 30 days for download, so it's still a good amount of time to download the files.

Simon Lindenthaler

Filesharing made easy

Reviewed 2019-11-08

Pros
WeTransfer is just fantastic. The actual functionality is super straight-forward and effortless. In addition to that, the presentation of the upload page and the often artistically oriented content presented on the site is really wonderful and gives off the impression that this is a company that loves what it does, does it well, and respects their customers.

Cons
With big uploads, it can be easy to lose track of when the upload is done. It would be nice to have an in-browser notification option, similar to what Gmail has, for example.

Anonymous

Easiest way to transfer huge files

Reviewed 2019-07-17

I really like WeTransfer. It is quick and convenient for us here at the studio to send files to clients and within the team. We alsways use the service and it is well integrated in our team's workflow.

Pros
The service is simple and easy to use: just upload your file and send! I like that you can use a link so it is convenient to share via slack or other messaging platforms. The files size limit for a free user is more than enough to cover one's needs; you can also transfer multiple files in one link.

Cons
One thing that doesn't help me personally is that there is a short barrier to use the app via Pop-up where it prompts you to use free or paid version. But at the same time it is just a quick "next click" and then you're off to send your files.