All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

WeTransfer Reviews

Pros

Wetransfer is the great tool to share your files online. The best thing about it is getting a confirmation e-mail when the receiver downloads your files which is very convenient.

Emil H.

Read the full review
Used it multiple times to pay for travels and hotels is Asia, where the hotels don't have PayPal or accept credit cards. Super awesome service, and you feel secure from start to finish.

Henrik H.

Read the full review
It’s really good to have transfer space of up to 2gig but also I like that quality of pictures and videos are not compromised. It’s very easy to use, you only need emails to transfer files.

Olakunle R.

Read the full review

Cons

Only negative is that some companies have fire-walls that block WeTransfer links, preventing the files from being downloaded from their servers.

Read the full review
I am unable to think of something bad about this software. However, some companies block it from their firewalls.

Read the full review
I am unable to think of anything negative about my experience with this software.

Justine S.

1,154

1,429 reviews

Easily Send Large Files Without Signing Up

Transcript

Benjamin: Hi, my name is Benjamin. I'm a marketing coordinator in the real estate/multi-family industry,...

WeTransfer is easily the best large file transfer service out there

Transcript

An N.: Hi, my name's An. I'm president of a hospitality, design, and manufacturing firm, and I give WeTransfer...

The most simple and straight-forward file transfer service

I use WeTranfer on my day-to-day basis, and being a game developer I handle with lots of assets, builds, and large archives. WeTransfer has never failed me. It greatly improved my workflow being so intuitive and simple, sharing files with clients with a few clicks has never been so easy.

Pros

Seriously, it is a really simple and intuitive service. Just a few buttons focusing on what it's supposed to offer, and it delivers flawlessly. Even the ads they came up with an elegant solution that I've just realized until recently it were ads! Despite covering the whole screen, they use beautiful and artistic pictures and videos. Beyond that, there's no need to sign up, or leave any personal information, you just drop your files, hit "Transfer" and that's it. Of course, being able to do that have its limitations, like the 2GB file limit (which for the most people is not a real limitation) and some other specific features.

Cons

The only negative aspect I had to talk about was the file limit per day, but they have removed that! Now you can transfer limitlessly (you still have that 2GB file limit though).

One of the most straightforward file sharing websites

I use it daily with less tech-savvy clients that need a simple way to send a receive files.

Pros

WeTransfer does the job, period. You can send a file and the person who downloads it finds a super simple interface that only has one button: download now. It's greatly appreciated when working with non-techie people.

Cons

I don't like the expiring part of the whole system. But it's understandable that it has that limitation. Apart from that, my experience was awesome.

Essential Data Transfer Software

I don’t think you can go wrong with WeTransfer, I would struggle to find someone in the creative industry who doesn’t use this on a day-to-day basis. I can’t go without it.

Pros

I love the simplicity of WeTransfer, there is absolutely nothing confusing about the interface. I would he surprised if some was confused by it. As a creative I personally also love the touch of featuring artists work fullscreen when you come to the page.

Cons

Only issues I sometimes have with WeTransfer can be uploads or downloads failing when I abruptly loose Internet connection. Some other softwares seem to be a bit more lenient with that window of time in reconnecting.

Best option for easy file transfer

I have been using We Transfer for a very long time, it is easy to use and friendly, I like that there is no need to make any installation and is easy to access.

Pros

I really enjoy the ease of use of this software, it is very easy to send files even to clients that do not understand a lot about technology or files organization. I enjoy its free version because that way I can also ask clients and colleagues to send back files to me if they do not have a paid account.

Cons

Recently We transfer added an option that sends a code to verify your identity before sending the files, this is taking me extra time or sometimes it takes longer to receive the code. Other than that the software is great.

Perfect for occasional sending of very large files

I am using WeTransfer to send large files (such as videos or SCORM packages) to people outside of my organization, who don't have or need access to our Google Drive. WeTransfer is a faster and simpler way to send those kinds of files when the need arises.

Pros

I enjoy being able to use WeTransfer for the infrequent times that I need to send someone outside my organization a very large file. I don't need to keep up with yet another account, like with DropBox - I can simply create the WeTransfer, send it to the person who needs it, and continue on with my life. It's simple, easy, and hassle-free. And it has cool visuals to look at while you're waiting for the transfer to process, if you have nothing better to do!

Cons

There is a limit to the size each transfer can be in the free version, even if you don't use the tool very frequently. It would be nice if they would let you send a single file of unlimited size, up to twice a year or something. I wouldn't want to pay for something I don't use very often.

Easiest large file transfer service available!

Serval of my corporate clients prefer WeTransfer over the other file transfer services like DropBox or Google Drive. I have never had any issues downloading files because of permission settings or long downloads.

Pros

Unlike other large file transfer services, WeTransfer's links are direct download that generally only make you access you screen and you're ready to download. By far the easiest way I've been able to transfer and receive files from clients.

Cons

WeTransfer works just the way it should. There is really no downside to this service. I can honestly say that in my experience with it that if any features were added, it would only bloat the service in unnecessary ways.

Great Transfer Tool

Easy to send files within our company and to outside vendors including large images and files that you can't email.

Pros

Able to send large files and images at any time and unrestricted. Sends files quickly and I love how they disappear over a certain amount of time just in case they are outdated files. Can send to anyone and everyone which is great. Also, the link can be opened more than once

Cons

File links disappear after a certain amount of time, so if you still need what's in the link, you may have to resend it.

User friendly for both sender and receiver of files

Wetransfer works great, really easy to use and very user friendly for both you sending files and for the person receiving your files.

Pros

I used to use sendthisfile before wetransfer, but I find wetransfer is much more user friendly. I only use the free version.

Cons

With the Free version you can send only 2gb with every transfer. In their defence it’s 2gb everywhere else but now a days with large pictures and videos. With the free version the files are stored for only one week, on a good side, you get an email explaining that the files will be available until a specific date, with this information, you can contact the person to let them know that the files will not be available on a specific date. For me since, I don’t send files often, I find the price to be high for the Pro version. 120$ per year.

Easily transfer your file via WeTransfer

The overall experience of using WeTransfer in my experience is very positive.

Pros

Cons

The least favourite thing about Wetransfer is the limit of size in transfer: only 2 GB which is sometimes not enough. It could be a bit higher for free users.

The simplest solution to share big files

If you need to transfer big files using a free and simple service whitout registering, WeTransfer is the best solution available in the market.

Pros

It's free, quick and easy to use. You just have to attach the file, enter your email address, the recipient email address, add a short message and that's all.

Cons

There are some limits for the free version: the link to download the files is valid only for 7 days and the max capacity is 2 GB.

The only way to send files.

My overall experience with Wetransfer has been above average. We have tried to use similar platforms, but they just don't compare to the ease of using Wetransfer. We receive and send confidential auditions everyday and I feel secure using Wetransfer. My favorite feature is the detailed list of files you have sent and those that are still in need to be transferred. This feature helps keep me organized when we are downloading hundreds of auditions. I also love that he saves my previous send addresses. This makes sending files fast and accurate.

Pros

In my industry we receive and send large files all day. Knowing that your computer is safe from viruses is invaluable. The safety associated with Wetransfer.com is the biggest pro in my opinion.

Cons

What I like least about this product others love. I'm not a fan of the tracking of the file you send and the notifications when it hasn't been downloaded. I find this feature to not always be accurate and it causes me a lot of headaches in having to explain this to my actors.

Easily Send Large Files Without Signing Up

Overall, WeTransfer has been a useful tool to allow for quick and easy large file transfers for our marketing department. Typically, when working with vendors, we are required to send lots of content that are of large file sizes, so WeTransfer allows us to meet that need in a cost effective way. With a free account, we are able to send up to 2GB of files via email link and get many notifications throughout the process to manage and track the file share. Overall, we love WeTransfer as an awesome supplement to the Dropbox business account we already have.

Pros

The best part of WeTransfer is the ability to send up to 2GB of files for FREE, which satisfies 99.99% of the file transfers our marketing team performs at any given time. It is great to be able to send secure email links to download the files we've included and be able to see when those files have been downloaded by the receiver. WeTransfer automatically cancel after 7 days, of which you are notified as well, so you don't have to worry about perpetually accessible links. You are able to easily drag and drop files into your email, or add them manually from your local machine. Lastly, if you accidentally send files to an incorrect recipient, you can easily rescind the transfer link from the notification email you receive when initiating the initial transfer of files.

Cons

The free version doesn't require, at least currently, you to set up an account through WeTransfer (you just need to enter a "From" email address), so privacy is a small concern (i.e. how secure is using a free WeTransfer account), but not a major one. We do not use WeTransfer for sensitive document transfers.

I love WeTransfer!

WeTransfer has allowed me to solve the problem of sending and receiving large files without sacrificing quality or efficiency. This software has saved me lots of time and given my collaborators and clients a great experience which to me, is priceless!

Pros

What I love most about this software is its ease of use and convenience! As a professional photographer, film director, and editor, I'm constantly using large files and never want to compromise quality when needing to send or receive files online or via email. WeTransfer allows me to work with large files without sacrificing quality due to size constraints. Also, It's so easy to use and saves me so much time within my workflow. Professional emails and notifications upon sending, receiving, or downloading files is a great touch. In my opinion, WeTransfer is worth every penny for the premium plan​ and is very affordable for any user or business of any level. Highly recommend​!

Cons

The only constructive feedback I'd give for this software is giving the users the ability to upload folders for transfer instead of individual files and transfers to be smoother when running in the background. However, I've found very easy and practical solutions for both of these items. For multiple file upload, I simply group my desired files into a ".Zip" file and WeTransfer is able to work with those extremely well! As for the background downloads, sometimes i've ran into my transfers getting paused or stuck when my computer goes to sleep, so I simply leave music playing from my computer as this will keep my computer on, and I use transfer time as a great space for a break to walk away and refresh! :)

Wetranfer changed my way of transferring files!!!!!!

When I say that I change my way of transferring files I don't lie like when a medicine actually heals you but immediately, it was always the most cumbersome task to find easy and agile methods and when I discovered wetranfer I definitely felt comfortable, even when I speak in the Cons above section does not seem to me to be negative things if not ways to find new ways to develop the site, advice as a user that would be incredible will take the time to read

Pros

In principle I started using wetranfer because of my need to send files quickly and easily, the first thing I liked about this page was that there was no need to register to use it and I could use 2GB in my favor, I also liked the fact that I could send the file through a link or an email and that in this one I will be notified when the other person arrives and also what allowed me to keep track of...

Cons

Over time I realized that I wanted to have an account, but it did not leave me if it was not premium what disappointed me a little, another thing that I did not like was that I tried to send the link to another person and that the access was totally public, there should be some kind of encryption to protect the files because it could be exposed to fishing.

Simple yet Powerful Solution to Sharing Big Files That Matter

Overall, it is undoubtedly one of the best services of that kind that I have used over the years. In many cases, I find it even more convenient than a cloud storage solution because nothing is linked to one specific account and there is no need to garbage collect archives that are no longer in use. This can be a doubled-edge sword, but frankly one can just reupload files when needed or realize how...

Pros

WeTransfer is very easy to use, both for the sender and the recipient. In fact, no user needs to create an account to start with: it is just a matter of using the intuitive interface to upload one or more files and indicate an email for the files to be received. This comes in handy to send files that are too large to be attached in an email but that still need to be delivered to people who aren't necessarily...

Cons

After sharing dozens and dozens of files with family, friends and colleagues, there is only one drawback with WeTransfer: most of the files uploaded, being sent through free accounts, will expire after 7 days. Most of the time, this is more than enough, but it can cause some troubles to have to reupload the exact same big files (or sometimes series of files) because the recipient haven't taken the...

Excellent service to send and receive files

This platform has given me many benefits, it gives me speed and efficiency, thanks to WeTransfer I can send heavy files to my colleagues, I also use it to store files in the cloud in a very easy and simple way, it also gives me the opportunity to Organizing, planning, detailing and linking each important information, is an incredible platform that provides many benefits in labor and personal aspects for each user, is an ideal complement to work with my projects and provides me with an excellent solution.

Pros

WeTransfer is web based which means that it is easy to access from many different platforms, it is very simple and I can send heavy files in a very fast and encrypted way, it also allows us to quickly send free files to anyone with an email address. email, people don't need to have an account or users to transfer, we can share files by providing only the email address of the sender and receiver along with our file, it has a simple and nice interface for any user who uses it With a large gallery of images that make the experience more pleasant, the service is completely free if files that do not exceed 2 GB are sent, it is a super essential tool for a job to work correctly.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this tool, I love that it offers a free service for many users, without the need to register with WeTransfer to use its services, it also offers excellent services with very good results, I really like this tool and I don't see nothing negative in it.

Excellent platform to send very heavy files

Thanks to WeTranfer I have been able to send large files by email to my coworkers. Nowadays there are many services to store files online, but the bad thing is that many times they want to take money from us when it is used frequently. On the other hand, with WeTranfer I have sent many files and it always works excellent and best of all, I do it for free.

Pros

Several years ago, sometimes I needed to send large files of up to 1GB to my coworkers and I didn't have a platform that met that goal. Until I discovered WeTransfer, from that moment it is one of my favorites to send large files. Something that I love is that it is not necessary for the person who receives the file to see advertising in order to download it, that is a great advantage. Also the fact that you can send files up to 2GB by email is excellent and it is not necessary for the person to register to download it. It is very easy to use WeTransfer, you do not need to search for tutorial videos to know how to use this wonderful platform.

Cons

I just think it has a disadvantage. The maximum time the platform gives me to download the file is 7 days, after that the file is automatically deleted. I would like the expiration time to be at least 14 days, so that many users who keep busy or have slow internet can download the document comfortably and without the worry that they have little time left to download it.

Send large files seamlessly

Overall, I like using WeTransfer. It's simple, fun and it does its job perfectly - delivers big attachments to other people. I also sometimes use it to store big files only for my use. That is possible if you create an account that gives you 2 GB of free storage. Give WeTransfer a try and you will begin to love sending big files again!

Pros

WeTransfer made sending really big files a breeze. You just open your browser, navigate to WeTransfer, enter details to which email this file should go and you upload a file. It's really that easy! You don't even need to have a WeTransfer account. But in this case, you aren't allowed to send that big files but it would still be great for sending larger files if your email is rejecting attachments larger...

Cons

I don't like that files send through WeTransfer are delivered via the WeTransfer email address. I would like that email appears to be sent from my email address. I don't know if there are some limitations and how exactly does email protocols work but I am sure that is possible. Maybe is just a little more complicated for that to be set up and WeTransfer's main goal is to be as simple as possible and I can totally understand that.

Total excellence in video, image and file sharing software.

Wetransfer is a high-performance software that you should start using immediately. The benefits it offers are fabulous and very easy to use. This software will open your eyes to the way you send documents online.

Pros

I always tell my colleagues and supervisors, in my career as a photographer and editor there's a before and after since I've known this software. I say this because WeTransfer is a fascinating software that combines effectiveness in the delivery of videos, photographs and documents with quality service. One of the great benefits that I can mention from this software is that, as a result of my work,...

Cons

In this section I will not comment, as I consider Wetransfer to be a software that revolutionized the way I sent the information I wanted, and all this very easily and quickly, I could not criticize a software like this, or at least, I have not found limitations or negative points to highlight in this review.

Easy, Fast, and Free!

By using WeTransfer I've been able to transfer large files, such as HTML5 banners, Photoshop files, Gifs, images and others. It's seamless, easy and quick.

Pros

I absolutely love WeTransfer. I've used it for over 2 years, and it's so easy and quick. I love how simple the design is, when you access the homepage, you don't have to click anywhere, the uploader is right in front of your eyes and ready to use. It takes just a few steps to upload files and send them to your recipient. It's straightforward and clear. You can send various files at the same time....

Cons

I'm not familiar how it works with a paid subscription, but I'm very happy with the free access. I wouldn't change anything.

An state of the art and powerful way to share big files

WeTransfer does what it promises, FileTransfer made simple, fast and affordable. A great asset for anyone that deals daily with big files and impatient clients.

Pros

WeTransfer made it impossibly easy and efficient to Transfer files. They focus and they excel, they don't really host your files, they transfer them. Your files, if on the free plan, have a 7-day lifespan. The receiver gets a link and you get to know when they downloaded it, simple and great. The interface is usable for no tech-savvy users (this is where many Cloud services fail because your client...

Cons

The mobile app can be buggy if you are dealing with a big file. This is not a problem but can happen, in a remote scenario, that you delete the mail with the link and your client does the same then the link is forever lost. It could be great to retrieve a log of the active links under my mail, for example, I could send an email to WeTransfer with a subject of "Log" and I will be replied with my current links (I understand the security issues involved). Many people seem to be a concern on how the company handles the privacy and security of the files shared, in the case of sharing highly-confidential files I would think it twice.

We all love We Transfer

Very easy to use with great insight into local and global stories and brands that run in the background while your transfer is busy uploading and sending.

Pros

We Transfer is easy to use, keeps the receiver and sender up to date on everything that happens with the transfer and even reminds the receiver if he or she has not downloaded the files.

Cons

The transferred files have a link that is only valid for 7 days and the limit to transfer files is only 2GB. With competitors offering higher transfer quotas We Transfer will most likely be a second choice for users looking at sending files that are larger than 2GB

Perfect file sharing software

We transfer is extremely easy to access and has solved a lot of the problems that would arise regarding file sharing. It's got a reasonable limit on transfers and I use it on a daily basis sometimes more than 10 times in the day. Being able to have a link that can be easily circulated is a huge positive of this software. I would recommend this software to any one who has to share files regularly because the pros outweigh the cons in a significant way

Pros

It's perfect for the use i have. In my company we don't have a internal server, hence file sharing is difficult. We rely mostly on emails but that limits data sharing to 25 MD. Which when it comes to design is not much while transferring heavy software files. We transfer allows us to transfer these files, to each other and printers easily. It's also convenient to be able to transfer folders instead of individual files. Additionally 2GB is a good limit for data. And it can be used multiple times during the day. Love the way they feature artists and lists on their page so, you're occupied while you're waiting for your files to transfer.

Cons

Files only remain for 7 days. Some important files have to be resent again. It takes very long at times to transfer files. Inspite of the internet speed.

WeTransfer is an affordable platform to send and receive files in the cloud easily

I frequently use WeTransfer to share project and plan documents with my coworkers, which has allowed our email storage space not to become crowded. The biggest benefit is that you can send any file, regardless of its format, be it a photo, a video or compressed files. Also, sometimes I add passwords to confidential files, so that they cannot be downloaded by third parties.

Pros

WeTransfer is a simple and easy to use file transfer platform. I like it because it is a service that is based only on drag and drop. Another feature that I like is that I can share documents to different recipients simultaneously. On the other hand, I find it very useful that WeTransfer automatically deletes files after upload. In addition, the Pro version has a really affordable cost and adds functionalities such as the expiration date of file transfers.

Cons

Apparently, WeTransfer has drawbacks to batch loading files larger than 1 GB in size, because sometimes certain files stay 99% and I must repeat the loading process again. I have not had any other inconvenience with the service offered by this platform.

The FTP Go-to

WeTransfer saved our bacon during the lockdown period. While working remotely, we didnt have access to our local file server so we relied heavily on WeTransfer to move file between the design team as well as to client.

Pros

I love the simplicity of WeTransfer, it is not overly complicated, just click and drag, add an email + message and boom your files are on their way. Another great thing is that the receiver isnt required to have an account to download, just simply click and download. The email updates also help us keep track of whether a client has downloaded the file or not. That feature has saved out bacon more than once.

Cons

The security is a problem. We have one client in particular that refuses to work with WeTransfer as they consider it to be insecure. I can understand it. while I love the simplicity of it, It can be a problem as well. So if anything, maybe they could introduce a security feature that tracks downloads, or locks them in a way so that only the intended reciepient can download it.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.