WeTransfer Logo

2.9K

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.25/10

Reviews by rating

It's easy to use, fast, and reliable. I love that I can send large files without having to create an account, and that the free version is so generous.
Because this is a very good app, their service is very good for transferring files and photos and much more.
When using the platform to transfer files they oftenly do collabs or feature other creative art work on their site to really capture the audience or the user, it's very nice and I appreciate that.
I hate how the files expire after a certain amount of days. I've actually lost files because of this.
The duration to keep the files is way too short, I had many problems with my clients because of that. Combining the files in a Zip folder is annoying.

2,924 reviews

Alexis S.

Managing Director

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

WeTransfer Review: Simple Solution for large File Tranfers!

Transcript

Alexis S.: Hello, my name is Alexis, account manager for Genumark, and I give WeTransfer a five star....

Benjamin S.

Coordinator

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Easily Send Large Files Without Signing Up

Transcript

Benjamin: Hi, my name is Benjamin. I'm a marketing coordinator in the real estate/multi-family industry,...

Yosri M.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

The best free file transfer service in the market

On a daily basis, I use WeTranfer, and as a web designer, I deal with a lot of assets, builds, and enormous archives. I've never had a problem with WeTransfer. Because it is so intuitive and simple, it has dramatically enhanced my workflow. Sharing files with clients with only a few clicks has never been easier.

Pros

It's a very straightforward and user-friendly service. It only takes a few presses to focus on what it's designed to do, and it does it flawlessly. Even with the advertisements, they came up with an elegant solution that I didn't notice was an ad until lately! They employ attractive and artistic graphics and movies despite occupying the entire screen. There's no need to provide any personal information; simply upload your files, tap "Transfer," and you're done. Of course, there are certain constraints, such as the 2GB file limit (which isn't a serious limitation for most people) and some other unique features.

Cons

The only drawback I wanted to mention was the daily file limit, but that has now been lifted! You can now send an unlimited amount of data (you still have that 2GB file limit though)

Nitin S.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Simple and straightforward file sharing platform on cloud

Overall wetransfer is great tool if I nned to tranfer a file quickly to someone for a limited time as they auti delete files adter 24 hours if you have signed up. As a team lead I need to send files everyday and hence wetransfer helped me to do it quickly.

Pros

I loved the interface as its really easy to understand where goes what. Also when you upload a file, its automatically get added with instructions onin file manager. I don't need a account if I want to share files under 2 gb so anyone from anywhere just upload the files and share link with anyone.

Cons

The limit of 2gb for free accounts and expensive upgrades for storage is making this bad option if you are using it for bigger files.

AC

Alastair C.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Ideal tool for remote work

Pros

I started using WeTransfer at the start of the pandemic back in 2020 and found it really useful. When I was satisfied with the free version, I then upgraded to the Pro version as the free version limits the size to 2GB per file. WeTransfer is an extremely easy to use Cloud Storage as well as Super Fast File Transfer utility. No data loss was observed during file transfer and speeds were acceptable. Pro gives 20GB limit and a massive 1 TB cloud storage data. For all this, I will never mind spending $12 a month.

Cons

Quite obviously the biggest negative comes with the free version as it deletes files after 7 days. This makes absolutely no sense to me. I mean WeTransfer is already having 2GB limit on the free version, but this weekly limit is simply pushing you to pay them for Proversion as the shared link expires in a week.

GC

Giorgi C.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 201-500 employees

Secure and fast data transfer

User-Friendly Interface: WeTransfer's clean and intuitive interface made it easy for [sensitive content hidden] to navigate. The straightforward design allowed her to quickly understand how to upload and send her files without any confusion. Efficient File Uploads: Uploading large files can sometimes be time-consuming, but WeTransfer surprised [sensitive content hidden] with its speed. The platform...

Pros

I have been using different applications for my document store and data transfer but this is best so far

Cons

i dont have any objections so far about the WeTransfer

SS

Shiv S.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

WeTransfer : Powerfull and Feature Rich Application.

Overall its a great platform to use . There can be slider like option that you need more days or GB. WeTransfer if the perfect tool to manage and share your document over the cloud. One can access the files over the mobile and thus it is the greatest feature that you have the big files of many GBs in your mobile. One can simply share the link and other can able to modify and edit the files making it very easy tool to collaborate with the users . USP of this application is its capability to securely transfer your large files in few seconds securely.

Pros

1. Its all about transferring large files over the web protocells. 2. Easy to upload and download the large files

Cons

Limits to upload the GBs can be more while we can compromise with the number of days for which the link is valid.

Alexis S.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Excellent file compression application

Intuitive, easy to use and very efficient method of transferring files

Pros

Ease of use with the emailed links. Tried the free version with up to 2Gb of upload, and was convinced that the paid subscription was worthwhile.

Cons

The confusing advertising that takes up all of the background... I don't like it at all, it makes it looks unprofessional.

GL

Gerard L.

Real Estate, self-employed

Fast transfer without email colapse

I'm happy with WeTransfer; it does precisely what the name is.

Pros

Fast, Fast, Fast, Fast, Is too much repetition? No is fast, and don't have storage space problems that I face when send big files by other apps (emails, chat, etc).

Cons

I think that is fantastic. They also have a free version that is very powerful too.

Adam S.

Design, 1-10 employees

Large file transfers

great for file transfer between client and ourselves, and from us to clients at times.

Pros

Its easy to use and good for clients to transfer large files of images simply and in a single drop

Cons

for me the desktop app for mac is a little clunky at times so largely us the online profile

CM

Cheryl M.

Retail, self-employed

Perfect for Small Business and Content Creators

Very impressed as I am not usually good at using software, but was able to use this with no help

Pros

How easy it is to use. I am not techy but I worked it out

Cons

I had no real issues with this software and found it great for what I needed it for

Airlines/Aviation, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Easy, efficient, mobile solution, not expensive solution

Pros

the transfer of data and associated security is critical . this tool is easy to use, to share.

Cons

not enough visibility on security process

TS

Tommy S.

Media Production, self-employed

I love WeTransfer!

WeTransfer has allowed me to solve the problem of sending and receiving large files without sacrificing quality or efficiency. This software has saved me lots of time and given my collaborators and clients a great experience which to me, is priceless!

Pros

What I love most about this software is its ease of use and convenience! As a professional photographer, film director, and editor, I'm constantly using large files and never want to compromise quality when needing to send or receive files online or via email. WeTransfer allows me to work with large files without sacrificing quality due to size constraints. Also, It's so easy to use and saves me so much time within my workflow. Professional emails and notifications upon sending, receiving, or downloading files is a great touch. In my opinion, WeTransfer is worth every penny for the premium plan​ and is very affordable for any user or business of any level. Highly recommend​!

Cons

The only constructive feedback I'd give for this software is giving the users the ability to upload folders for transfer instead of individual files and transfers to be smoother when running in the background. However, I've found very easy and practical solutions for both of these items. For multiple file upload, I simply group my desired files into a ".Zip" file and WeTransfer is able to work with those extremely well! As for the background downloads, sometimes i've ran into my transfers getting paused or stuck when my computer goes to sleep, so I simply leave music playing from my computer as this will keep my computer on, and I use transfer time as a great space for a break to walk away and refresh! :)

MC

Marcos C.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

WeTransfer is still king of the hill

WeTransfer is easy to use and allows sending up to 2GB without even giving out your email address. The privacy focus is fantastic, but the 2GB size limit can be an issue when working with larger file types like videos.

Pros

For some time now, WeTransfer has allowed users to send files without having an account, or even giving out your email address. It's hidden a bit, but you can still do it. You don't get notification when the recipient downloads what you sent, but the possibility of sending files without compromising privacy is extremely appealing, and one of the main reasons I choose WeTransfer. It's also used everywhere, so everyone knows what to do when they get a link.

Cons

The biggest gripe I have with WeTransfer is the 2GB limit. There is a plethora of competitors who offer up to 20GB in file transfers. For most uses that isn't a problem, but if you're trying to send videos (which as a person in entertainment, I tend to do a lot), it can be extremely limiting.

Nabila B.

Investment Management, 10,001+ employees

Best software i have use for transferring files and document

I really like that it is free to use this software and all the feature that are offered by this application is not shabby at all. They provide a premium feature and tolls with no cost at all. As a result, sending and receiving files and documents from my team mates is never a problem anymore.

Pros

WeTranfer is the simplest application than has help me transferring files, document or media like video and picture to other people. I do not need to create any account with them to start using this service, neither the recipient. They can start downloading the files that i has sent from the link i gave as soon as they get it.

Cons

The only cons that i dislike with this application is, the files that i am uploading has its expired date and only will be keep on the server no more than 7 days. If the downloading or uploading process is interrupted, there are no resume option and i need to start everything from the start which is very inconvenience.

GR

Gabriella R.

Apparel & Fashion, 1-10 employees

Wetransfer: a simple tool to send files in seconds!

The benefits of working with wetransfer is the ability to send files in seconds, have an e-mail that confirmed your sending & an alert when the other person dowload the files. Intuitive, fast and easy.

Pros

Wetransfer is a site or app that is easy to use and super accessible from all kind of users. You can send any tipe of file (jpg, pdf, videos & much more) in seconds to multiple e-mail or accounts. The coolest feature is the verified download in real time when the other person has dowloaded your file.

Cons

I think the app is a great way to send any type of files and I don’t find anything that could be better. There are plenty of options for sending bigger files & anything is well explained.

Luke W.

Staffing and Recruiting, 1-10 employees

WeTransfer - Get It Done Faster!

We will continue to use this software every day. It's super easy and simple to use and to integrate into our everyday use for internal and external office and home use.

Pros

This software is by far one of the best we use for file sharing. Upload + Send it's that simple. We use it every day for file sharing and it's extremely simple to use and to explain to use to other people.

Cons

Nothing - It's great. We can't really think of anything that makes this software, not great perhaps we will in the future...

Habibah M.

Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 employees

WeTrasnfer can transfer anything.

It's beneficial because I sometimes need to submit emergency data; when I do, I use WeTransfer, and everything goes far quicker. It's among the best options for transferring files that I've tried; it's greatly aided me, particularly in simplifying my working life, and I expect them to continue to expand and introduce new features.

Pros

WeTransfer is indeed a very comprehensive platform that allows me to submit large files with minimal effort. This software sending speed is unrivaled, and its interface is stable. The free version will showing background ads that can be removed with the plus version. The free version can be sharing files with a limitation of 2 GB, which is not the best option for me. However, if you want to get the most out of this service, the plus version is the best option if you're going to get the most out of it.

Cons

I have no issues with this platform, and it works as it should. I would want them to add new functionality, such as verifying whether the recipient receives the file and whether I can correctly download it. This would be extremely helpful.

Angel G.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Using WeTransfer really gives you a hand on sharing heavy files quickly.

Wetransfer is a very simple cloud sharing service that can help you send heavy files within minutes, thanks to its ease of use, in which you and your partners don't need to register for sending/downloading.

Pros

-We transfer offers the possibility to share multiple files from one site via email. -You can use a free version of the system which allows you to upload up to 2gb of files. -You and the ones you send the files don't even need to register (up to 3 emails for sending the files) for using it. If you send files, you just need to write both your email and the one who is getting it. Then, the other person will receive a download link, and they just need to click on it. - In the Pro version, you can make an upload and sharing for up to 200gb. - Uploading heavy files doesn't take much time. No more than minutes most of the times.

Cons

- Once you upload your files and share the download link to your partners, friends, etc. , you have only 7 days for downloading that content due to the link expiring date (which can be solved if you pay for the "Pro" upgrade) . - If you decide to pay for the "Pro" version of WeTransfer, there is no option to integrate multiple users into the plan. So every user account must pay for its own "Pro" version....

Josip L.

Sports, 11-50 employees

Send large files seamlessly

Overall, I like using WeTransfer. It's simple, fun and it does its job perfectly - delivers big attachments to other people. I also sometimes use it to store big files only for my use. That is possible if you create an account that gives you 2 GB of free storage. Give WeTransfer a try and you will begin to love sending big files again!

Pros

WeTransfer made sending really big files a breeze. You just open your browser, navigate to WeTransfer, enter details to which email this file should go and you upload a file. It's really that easy! You don't even need to have a WeTransfer account. But in this case, you aren't allowed to send that big files but it would still be great for sending larger files if your email is rejecting attachments larger...

Cons

I don't like that files send through WeTransfer are delivered via the WeTransfer email address. I would like that email appears to be sent from my email address. I don't know if there are some limitations and how exactly does email protocols work but I am sure that is possible. Maybe is just a little more complicated for that to be set up and WeTransfer's main goal is to be as simple as possible and I can totally understand that.

Over B.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Excellent platform to send very heavy files

Thanks to WeTranfer I have been able to send large files by email to my coworkers. Nowadays there are many services to store files online, but the bad thing is that many times they want to take money from us when it is used frequently. On the other hand, with WeTranfer I have sent many files and it always works excellent and best of all, I do it for free.

Pros

Several years ago, sometimes I needed to send large files of up to 1GB to my coworkers and I didn't have a platform that met that goal. Until I discovered WeTransfer, from that moment it is one of my favorites to send large files. Something that I love is that it is not necessary for the person who receives the file to see advertising in order to download it, that is a great advantage. Also the fact that you can send files up to 2GB by email is excellent and it is not necessary for the person to register to download it. It is very easy to use WeTransfer, you do not need to search for tutorial videos to know how to use this wonderful platform.

Cons

I just think it has a disadvantage. The maximum time the platform gives me to download the file is 7 days, after that the file is automatically deleted. I would like the expiration time to be at least 14 days, so that many users who keep busy or have slow internet can download the document comfortably and without the worry that they have little time left to download it.

MB

Maria B.

Marketing and Advertising, 10,001+ employees

Easy, Fast, and Free!

By using WeTransfer I've been able to transfer large files, such as HTML5 banners, Photoshop files, Gifs, images and others. It's seamless, easy and quick.

Pros

I absolutely love WeTransfer. I've used it for over 2 years, and it's so easy and quick. I love how simple the design is, when you access the homepage, you don't have to click anywhere, the uploader is right in front of your eyes and ready to use. It takes just a few steps to upload files and send them to your recipient. It's straightforward and clear. You can send various files at the same time....

Cons

I'm not familiar how it works with a paid subscription, but I'm very happy with the free access. I wouldn't change anything.

Gonzalo B.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

An state of the art and powerful way to share big files

WeTransfer does what it promises, FileTransfer made simple, fast and affordable. A great asset for anyone that deals daily with big files and impatient clients.

Pros

WeTransfer made it impossibly easy and efficient to Transfer files. They focus and they excel, they don't really host your files, they transfer them. Your files, if on the free plan, have a 7-day lifespan. The receiver gets a link and you get to know when they downloaded it, simple and great. The interface is usable for no tech-savvy users (this is where many Cloud services fail because your client...

Cons

The mobile app can be buggy if you are dealing with a big file. This is not a problem but can happen, in a remote scenario, that you delete the mail with the link and your client does the same then the link is forever lost. It could be great to retrieve a log of the active links under my mail, for example, I could send an email to WeTransfer with a subject of "Log" and I will be replied with my current links (I understand the security issues involved). Many people seem to be a concern on how the company handles the privacy and security of the files shared, in the case of sharing highly-confidential files I would think it twice.

Ushoshi S.

Design, 11-50 employees

Perfect file sharing software

We transfer is extremely easy to access and has solved a lot of the problems that would arise regarding file sharing. It's got a reasonable limit on transfers and I use it on a daily basis sometimes more than 10 times in the day. Being able to have a link that can be easily circulated is a huge positive of this software. I would recommend this software to any one who has to share files regularly because the pros outweigh the cons in a significant way

Pros

It's perfect for the use i have. In my company we don't have a internal server, hence file sharing is difficult. We rely mostly on emails but that limits data sharing to 25 MD. Which when it comes to design is not much while transferring heavy software files. We transfer allows us to transfer these files, to each other and printers easily. It's also convenient to be able to transfer folders instead of individual files. Additionally 2GB is a good limit for data. And it can be used multiple times during the day. Love the way they feature artists and lists on their page so, you're occupied while you're waiting for your files to transfer.

Cons

Files only remain for 7 days. Some important files have to be resent again. It takes very long at times to transfer files. Inspite of the internet speed.

Marketing and Advertising, 1,001-5,000 employees

The best way to share files with clients, teammates and family

Pros

Wetransfer was the perfect solution I've used to be able to share files, video or images with our client for review approval on the run. With a simple drag and drop the files are uploaded to the Wetransfer server, and we are able to either send them directly to the client or have the unique link to our files saved for future use. It is worth noting that we use both the premium and free. We use the...

Cons

Not much to be honest, we initially had an issue with the 100 gigabyte limit on premium, however Wetransfer increased the limit to 1 terabyte last year.

ZS

Zarrar S.

Education Management, 201-500 employees

An Excellent File Sharing Software!

My entire organization uses this software for sending files. I think this is a very user friendly free service offerred to customers. Being the Senior Tax Manager, I have to share many PDF Files containing hundreds of documents of size hundreds of MBs and I always use WeTransfer for this purpose. Presentations, Videos of conferences and many workshops videos kept for record keeping are shared via WeTransfer only. A must have software. Gone are the days of USBs and Hard Disks.

Pros

Everything! I absolutely love this software. File Sharing is made so easy via WeTransfer. WeTransfer does not require any registration or signing up to do. The free version allows us to send up to 2 GB worth of data free to any email address. The recepient receives a WeTransfer link which he can download with in 7 days. Along with this, when the recepient downloads the files I sent, I will get an email notification making the entire process very reliant and safe. The 2 GB allowed in the free version is enough to send majority of our large files including videos and complete photo albums

Cons

I have faced a few problems in the WeTransfer mobile application while attaching large files but other than that I don't have any issues with this software.

Adra Safiya K.

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Fastest in file transferring

Pros

The user interface is fantastic, and it works with a broad range of devices and OS systems like Windows and macOS. It also has an offline app and a browser app. We can easily transmit files and media, and a link will be produced and emailed to the receiver, or directly sent the download link directly to the recipient from the messenger.

Cons

We can only transmit files up to a certain size. This application's premium edition is rather pricey. When transferring or downloading large files, it might take a long time as the transfer rate speed is not the fastest that I have seen from the other software that i have used before.