Xtensio Logo

Xtensio

Data visualization and presentation software

Xtensio Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.31/10

Reviews by rating

Template are really nice to create beautiful presentation and document. It's a good way to help business that don't have graphic designer or cannot pay for one.
Overall, I loved Xtensio. It was great bang for your buck and we were able to produce a clean, professional, graphically pleasing one pager that we use at my startup when we do Investor reach out.
Customer support: Xtensio offers excellent customer support, with a responsive team that is available to answer questions and resolve issues in a timely manner.
The staff tried to mislead me into a more expensive plan - then sent 10 emails arguing with me that she didn't mislead me (summary of correspondence below so make your own mind up).
There are some search errors that are needed to be rectified.
Sometimes I am frustrated that I cannot get the same characteristics between modules. The basic plan does not have the option of using more colors.

Nicole S.

Co-Founder

Media Production, 1-10 employees

An integral part of my business

Transcript

Nicole: Hi, my name is Nicole. I'm the owner of a website. I would rate Xtensio four out of five. And...

Robert W.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Electronic Media Kit

We are a start-up craft brewery. I wear a lot of hats. I needed something that I can control, edit easily, distribute, and make it look like our product. Xtensio made that pretty darn easy.

Pros

Xtensio gave me what I was looking for - a customizable Media Kit template that I can share with our media contacts. I can now share press releases, images, video, etc. in our media outreach. That we were able to do this as quickly as we did surprised the rest of the team.

Cons

A minor issue but the application could be a bit more intuitive. Customer Service was on hand to answer my questions.

RG

Ron G.

Medical Devices, 1-10 employees

Communication made easy

Overall,my experience with Xtensio has been very good, from the product through customer service. On a recent business trip, I used a presentation that I had stored on Xtensio. When participants asked me for a copy, all I had to do was copy that link from Xtensio and paste it into an email! Very efficient.

Pros

For me, Xtensio is an easy-to-use app that lets me create marketing document, presentation and attachments easily, with a minimum of effort. The fact that I can include my Xtensio publication as a link in an email or text message is a big plus. People that I contact also appreciate the ability to click on the link in my email and see the document I'm referencing. Above all, ease of composition. RG

Cons

No cons. Frankly, I have never used a piece of software that was so easy to set up and use.

Hi Ron, It's great to hear that Xtensio has been such a great fit for your marketing efforts! That's exactly what we love to hear :) Thanks for the 5 stars! Cheers, Lauren from Xtensio

LS

Louise S.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Used other for less than 6 months

The worst customer service - deleted all my work!

Pros

Nothing - they have caused me nothing but problems

Cons

The fact that I spent 12 hours working to a deadline using the tool to create persona's, and then asked to cancel my rolling conscription as I only needed the service as a one-off. Before I had time to download the personas in a PDF format, my account was simply DELETED. I received an email from someone explaining that they don't allow you to cancel your subscription and then continue using the product...

Hi Louis, We're very sorry to hear about your frustration! We reply to all cancellation requests noting that we will do so within 48 hours. This policy is outlined on our site and terms, but we do note that you can reply within 24 hours if you change your mind and want to keep your account active. Since you replied before that time we had not moved forward with deleting your team yet. It seems...

Education Management, self-employed

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Simple, Clean, and Beautiful software.

Overall it was a great experience. I’ve tried other platforms ans Xtensio os the easiest to use. Very low learning curve; anyone can use it.

Pros

The UI is very clean and easy to navigate. Searching for templates is super easy and their templates are beautiful and minimal formatting is needed as is.

Cons

Maybe just expand the media library, to help users reduce the time searching for media online and uploading it to the content library.

DG

Devendra G.

Computer Software, 10,001+ employees

Wonderful to have this tool!

Pros

Easy to use and impactful content visualisation

Cons

This is nothing much i came across so far

MA

Miracle A.

Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees

Review Title

I'm learning more about my target market by using Xtensio. It's definitely made a positive impact on my business and has allowed my team to get a better understanding of our market.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use for example the user persona template was easy to find and helped my business visualize our ideal early adopter.

Cons

I didn't like how text photos etc wouldn't go into place easily. There was very little auto movement that the likes of capcut or other editing apps have.

𝐌𝐨𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐝 𝐊.

Management Consulting, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Professional & Elegant

All project documentation can be done easily with Xtensio.

Pros

Professional and elegant designs plus well-structured documents.

Cons

Even though there are many templates in Xtensio, I wish to see more and more in the future.

We're thrilled to hear that Xtensio has helped you create professional documents! We'll be adding more templates to the gallery in 2022 so be on the lookout for updates from us!

ED

Esubalew D.

Online Media, self-employed

Uncovering the Strengths and Weaknesses of Xtensio on Capterra.

I appreciate its intuitive interface, interactive design elements and customizable templates

Pros

its user-friendly interface, customizable templates, collaborative features, interactive design elements, and insightful analytics.

Cons

the limited free features, occasional glitches, lack of advanced customization options, and the learning curve for new users.

PP

Pratik P.

Design, 1-10 employees

Next Gen Empire builder

I love this

Pros

Most like the features and I mostly used this is a presentation

Cons

There is Style guide features I can't understand this.

Ka

Kotchi-ami Aubin E.

Computer Software, self-employed

Up-to-date platform

I have a good experience with this platform. It's help me to improve more my business skills

Pros

Real time update platform, flexible access to content, easy to access, update information and found template

Cons

Extend some important template in the free trial access

MD

Mel D.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Product Manager Review

As a Product Manager, I am to be the voice of the end user/consumer. I cannot do that without bringing the end user to life leveraging user personas. I believe user personas are a key component to human-centered product management/development/design. Without these, we'd be missing the mark every time.

Pros

I first found Xtensio during my MBA program when asked to create marketing personas. I loved it because I could use it for free with a trial. The user persona template was a perfect guide. I then went back to it in my product manager role when I needed to create end user personas. The free trial gets me in the door every time. But I wouldn't keep coming back to it if it didn't give me the templates I need and if they weren't easy to use. I can customize them with company branded colors too, which is a plus.

Cons

Honestly, I can't say there is anything I liked least about it other than my free trial expired.

KS

Kalle S.

Used other for 6-12 months

Useful for creating customer profiles

Gives a good basis if you need a starting point for your customer profiles. Easy to use. More questionable whether It’s worth an investment or not.

Pros

I’ve only really used the custom templates for customer profiles. I’ve found them simple to use and edit. Useful for customer profiles when doing marketing or service design.

Cons

I think it seems quite expensive given that with little effort, most of its features can probably be replicated in a more manual way.

Hey Kalle, Glad to hear the persona template was helpful! That's just one of many different sales, marketing and strategy documents you can create with Xtensio. You can even save your own templates to repurpose. Our business plans in particular are structured for teams as a space where they can collaborate and keep an ongoing content repository for all sorts of business documents, reports and presentations. We hope to see you back in the app for other projects! Best, Xtensio

NC

Nicole C.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Decent platform, needs to evolve aesthetics

I just replaced it a few weeks ago with realtimeboard but my subscription had to be prepaid for the year. I think it needs to decide whether it’s trying to be a collaboration tool or a website builder because right now it does both mediocre

Pros

The software is simple and easy to use, great business plan features they just added. Has a few great templates

Cons

Aesthetically it leaves something to be desired for sure.

Hey Nicole, Thank you for sharing your feedback! We're always in the process of optimizing and refining the app and our positioning so really appreciate your suggestions. Hope you'll stay in touch as we continue to grow! Best, Lauren from Xtensio

GB

Geoff B.

Research, 1-10 employees

Turbo-charges short document production

Needed to rollout three 2-page info sheets for leave behinds on a pitch. Customized quickly with images, branding and graphics so was freed up to finish the concept and have the end result look professional consistent.

Pros

It essentially allows me to get started on a well-designed template that is easy to customize and saves time.

Cons

Some customization/re-sizing features are not there yet, for example the charts seem to embed well but can't be re-sized within their

NN

Natasha N.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Making life easier for a new supervisor!

Overall this has helped tremendously with my presentations to staff I’ve recommended it to other members of leadership and they feel the same!

Pros

This product is extremely user friendly and that’s what I like most, it even has options that allow you to get more in detail and design to your liking if you are more of a tech savvy individual

Cons

The lack of permafrost template options, currently there are only one per type I.e resume, agenda etc...

Hey Natasha, Thank you so much for the great review! We're glad Xtensio has been helpful in making presentations for your team. We do have a few examples for each of our templates that you can use as a starting point for your own. Check them out here: https://xtensio.com/examples/ Cheers, Lauren from Xtensio

ML

Marie Louise P.

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Xtensio among the best

I used Xtensio to create buyer persona profiles and I was amazed by the functionalities of the templates proposed. I didn't have much to do. Xtensio is very helpful for Marketers. I saw more products that I will need for my swot matrix and more for other projects.

Pros

With Xtensio I was able to save a lot of time while conceiving my buyer persona presentation. I used a template that I customised. The result was just outstanding. Xtensio is easy to use but very professional. The library is very helpful.

Cons

My experience was generally good. As a beginner, I had some little issues while editing text. But I managed to do it after a while.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Investor One Pager with Xtensio

Pros

It allowed us to build a one pager for free!

Cons

There are certain things - not being able to move images to the correct spot on the page, some rigidity format wise, that are a little bit frustrating to work with.

Hi there, Thank you for your kind review! It's great to hear that Xtensio helped your team create clean and professional business documents. You can always use Xtensio for free. Our free plan allows you to keep one active folio on your dashboard, access all basic editing features and share your finished folios as live web pages or full-screen digital presentations. For formatting, canvases are a great way to divide your folios into columns and have more control of where you can move modules on the page! Let us know if you have any questions in the app, we're always happy to help. Best, Lauren Haynes

DM

Danielle M.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

One stop shop for all your PM needs

Overall, this is a great product as a Product Manager - I can create Product Canvases, User Personas, Comparative Personas.

Pros

Xtensio has some great templates and is easy to get started. Navigation is simple once you've used it a few times.

Cons

I don't like the notifications/chat pop up - there is always a message for me and it's usually not something I need but I feel obligated to click it because it's displayed right in front of me.

AA

Arman A.

Gambling & Casinos, 1,001-5,000 employees

Xtensio

Pros

It's a nice software for creating presentations with several templates divided into respective categories. The templates have modern look, there can be added several sections to the templates like social media icons with inserted links, email form and other modules.

Cons

The cons are as follows: the software is not free, which means one cannot download the result in PDF or PNG formats which are only available in upgraded purchased plan mode. The software does not allow to use more than one template in free mode. Thus having a nice templates, the software offers very limited functions for free usage.

Hey Arman, Thanks for the review! We're glad to hear you've liked Xtensio's templates. Keep in mind that you can always archive a folio to make room for a new one on your free plan. Cheers, Lauren

CM

Cheyanne M.

Design, 1-10 employees

McMurrays odd jobs

Pros

Easy to use and very great always love designing

Cons

Nothing it works amazingly and great designs

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Its good for one pagers, with some coding knowledge

It is fine for a starter product for creating marketing pieces. It is affordable and does the job for simple projects.

Pros

The clean design and layout options present an institutional image.

Cons

It feels like I am designing a website at times. I am often frustrated by needing to modify the HTML code in order to edit the line spacing and the limited ability to adjust image size.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Excellent Value for price

It gets it done for us. It's been a game changer for our 1-pagers.

Pros

Xtensio allows my company to look professional in the same ways that other companies do who have full time graphic design teams.

Cons

There are some features I wish were available that aren't.

PD

Peter D.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great functionality for a low price-point.

Using the lean and business model canvasses in presentations! I haven't found another platform that gives you those specific templates along with a bunch of others.

Pros

- Lots of templates - Great options for incorporating into presentations - Really responsive team

Cons

The UI for editing specific canvases is a little clunky at times, but nothing that gets in the way of being productive.

Hi there, Thanks for the glowing review! It's great to hear that Xtensio has been useful for your projects. Let us know if you need anything as you use the app more! Cheers, Lauren from Xtensio

gc

greg c.

Hospitality, self-employed

exactly what I was looking for

Very happy, gave me the ability to create my business plan/ pitch deck.

Pros

customer service and live chat is excellent and really helpful very user friendly allows you to import your own text/ fonts

Cons

They only thing found is when switching between live to the 'view' option formatting would distort. And then it would do the same once you would open the saved and downloaded file. Very frustrating, just takes a lot of time to fiddle with spacing etc the get it looking perfect.

Thanks for the great feedback, Greg! We're working on optimizations to the editor to touch on these pain points as we speak so be on the lookout for updates from us.

MS

Marielle S.

Management Consulting, 1-10 employees

Xtensio Review

Pros

I like the live link feature, allowing any edits made to be reflected in the same link without having to send a new link.

Cons

When editing folios, I wish there was more of a quick undo button vs the revert to a previously saved version. Also wish that the mobile view of folios reflected more of what the web view looked like.