AccountEdge Pro Reviews

AccountEdge Pro

Accounting and bookkeeping software for small businesses

AccountEdge Pro

Review Summary

Summer S.

We've used it from the very beginning when it was MYOB. It's nice to see it keep getting better and better.

Michele W.

I like that this program is extremely Mac friendly. I appreciate that the customer support is able to navigate questions.

Stephanie H.

Glen S.

After 6 months of entering data and setting up information, we are still unable to use due to program conflict issues. Every issue takes days to receive response and few are corrected.

Larry O.

There is nothing for us to complain about with this software.

Jeffrey K.

4.4

Couldn't be simpler!

Only great things to say about this product.

Pros

AccountEdge Pro has made a work of difference in my company. With their easy to use dashboard, I can enter purchases, invoice customers, pay bills, create payroll, keep an accurate accounting of my banking and so much more. It is simple to use... even I can do it! It's a huge time saver and in the five years that I have been using AccountEdge, I have never had an issue.

Cons

Not a big deal but there have been a couple of times when I have had to realign the check printing format.

Accountedge Pro

Accountedge Pro is easy to use and has all the features needed. It’s a good program. I have enjoyed using it.

Pros

Very easy to use. Performs all required tasks Automatically. It’s reliable. Easy to navigate. Works very well.

Cons

Lacks mobile integration- being able to use application on mobile device when on the toad or at a clients office. There are some functions available like looking up old invoices and jobs. But that’s about it. In this day and age portable applications are almost necessary.

Don't use for more than one year

Sadly, we started with the precursor and now, unless we want to redo our entire bookkeeping, inventory, customer list, and vendor list, we're stuck with this software.

Pros

I'm stuck with it. We started with a much earlier version.

Cons

Trying to find prior years' transactions is costly and a huge pain.

Good Afternoon, I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with access historical transactions. Depending on how far back you are looking, you may need to open a back up of historical file to see certain details. We would be happy to help you if you are having trouble getting to your information. You can reach out to our NJ based Technical Support team for free at accountedge.com/help. Thank You - AccountEdge Customer Care

CPA is Baffled.

The invoicing functions work well, creating and sending pdf invoices via Outlook. Creating custom forms such as checks, invoices, statements is easy; I color-code them so customers can easily distinguish an INVOICE (red) from a RECEIPT (green) and so on. Most of the reports work, but I need to upload many to Excel to manipulate the data (to report retained earnings, for example). There is no option...

Pros

After three years I'm comfortable with the daily use of AccountEdge. I used my failing Peachtree to calculate payroll for the first year and entered the numbers manually. Now I use the payroll subscription, which is not as flexible as I would like but it works. (I don't need the uploaded rates and could easily enter them manually.) I emailed a note about my frustration with manually calculating different matching and withholding SIMPLE rates for different employees and the answer completely solved the problem--the program now issues perfect paychecks and tax reports. This was one of two customer service experiences that were positive

Cons

My CPA finds it incomprehensible. As a corporation we carry profits and losses forward as retained earnings and are not required by law to distribute profits as dividends. AccountEdge does not allow me (or my CPA using his copy) to make the year-end adjustment to Retained Earnings reports so we can't know where we stand. I want to retire and sell or hand off the business but can't produce accurate...

my program

it's great for custom reports, breaking down expenses for each job, setting up vendors and customers with custom pricing, discounts, shipping, and tax information as well as detailed contact information.

Pros

It is very easy to set up your company. It is very easy to navigate through the program. It has all the features that the big name overpriced software companies have and more. It works great for our air conditioning company with accounting that can be broken down by jobs. The payroll service is very easy to use and they keep it updated all the time. I think I have only called customer support 2 times and both times they had my questions answered right then. I would recommend this software to anyone needing to breakdown your accounting for custom reports, job tracking, employee handling.

Cons

The one pet peeve I have is that most of the payroll reports don't have totals you have to export them to excel and reconfigure them to get your totals or total everything by hand. Some of the reports they way they are laid out make it very hard to reconfigure them in excel. It doesn't let you access history more than two years so you have to look up on your back ups if you need to find something older.

Best Accounting Software Ever!!

I've been using AccountEdge Pro since it came out. before that I was using MYOB. I have tried QuickBooks and Quicken and frankly AccountEdge Pro works like I think. Entering Invoices, and purchases is simple and quick and updates my inventory. All of my bank accounts, credit cards, loans, lines are easily reconciled and auto payments keeps them updated. At the end of the year my accountant gets...

Pros

Flexibility to adapt it to my business needs.

Cons

?? In over 20 years of using the versions of this software any cons I had are gone because the developers listen an input users ideas and suggestions.

Terrific accounting software for volunteer treasurer's

AccountEdge Pro and earlier products all the way back to earlier software products have provided a way for me to serve as a volunteer treasurer at my church, homeowners association and civic association over many years. AccountEdge Pro provides all the features needed in an easy to use, fully integrated, efficient package for the accounting needs of the organizations I've helped. Closing each year...

Pros

Flexibility, efficiency, ease of use, support, efficiency.

Cons

There are so many features that sometimes I get lost in the choices, especially the reporting choices.

Great Small Business Accounting Software

I love AccountEdge. AccountEdge I consider the best small and medium business software on the market. Beyond AccountEdge, I have used and taught other people Peachtree, Sage, Quickbooks, and Simply Accounting. So I have experience with a lot of accounting software. 1 - AccountEdge has AR, AP, GL, Payroll, Time Billing, and Inventory all built in. 2 - Payroll processing and basic tax forms, can...

Pros

Ease of use for the number of features

Cons

Slow performance during some functions.

Simple Complete Accounting System

We were looking for a small light-weight accounting system to manage some of our ancillary corporations that have very limited activity on them, but need to be audited yearly and reported to in public documents. Thus we wanted something that didn't allow much in the way of mistakes, and was relatively simple to use, without being overly complex and expensive.

Pros

Installation and use of this software is relatively easy, and requires little to no accounting background to accomplish. You can pick your industry, and the types of services/products you provide, give them some custom names, and the software will setup your chart of accounts, and having you rolling. Setup a few vendors/suppliers, and a few customers, and you can start issuing invoices and paying bills.

Cons

The software is not immediately accessible as it does not really follow any similar flow with current modern softwares. The basic system for each function, be it paying bills or selling product, requires either knowledge of exactly which steps you need to do, and in what order, or you follow the "guide" which is merely a large flow sheet of icons, with arrows pointing to various "next steps" in sort of a large circular picture.

Easy and customizable

Wonderful. I have been using it since 1992. And my CPA loves the reports I generate at the end of the year, it makes figuring up my taxes really easy for him because I can add different expense/income categories and customize it for certain deductions.

Pros

I have used this software since 1992, when it was called MYOB. It's easy to use, and has all the help you need right in the software. The categories are customizable, and you can easily make edits . you can also generate customized reports.

Cons

When I am entering a new customer, I would like to have more options on the main screen, such as the initial customer date and notes instead of having multiple screens to click through, it would make it easier to be able to see all the data on one screen.

Happy customer.

I can do our own payroll. Our accountant is only needed at the end of the year to do our overall business taxes. She is happy with the way that information is presented.

Pros

I have been using this software for years. It keeps track of all the payroll information the is needed for doing payroll yourself. Very simple to use.

Cons

It may be a user error, but I wish I could delete items in inventory easier or change the items name. We are Sharp dealers and sometimes product numbers change and I would like to get our inventory lists shorter to keep the file smaller.

Hi Barbara, Thank you for your review. In response to your inventory issues, you can delete an item as long as the quantity on hand is zero and can not be pending on any invoices. You would also need to purge old transitions that have this item on it. You should be able to change the Item name/number easily by going into your Item List and clicking on the item, just click on the Name or Item Number field that you would like to change. If you need additional help, you can reach out technical support team for free at accountedge.com/help. Thank You - AccountEdge Customer Care

Longtime user. Could be better, but has been solid for us.

Generally good. Been using it for over a decade and it meets the needs of our publishing and consulting business just fine.

Pros

Fairly customizable to meet our unique needs. Love that payroll and inventory tracking are built in, not some extra service. Also tax forms (which are an additional fee), and credit card processing (but would be nice to use Stripe instead). Just added kits for inventory, which is long overdue. Basically it's one stop shop for us and meets all accounting, inventory, POS needs for phone sales.

Cons

That it is not an entirely online software solution so that we could easily (at no extra cost) access and work with data anywhere. That it does not integrate seamlessly with our ecommerce software (only works with Shopify, which is a more expensive and less flexible option than Bigcommerce). The tax form should integrate more seamlessly and be part of the monthly support fee.

Best accounting software out there!

I've used several different accounting programs and am forced to use two others right now at different clients, and AccountEdge wins hands down. I can do so much more, in a logical and intelligent way, than with the other programs: reports, searches, even simple transactions like checks, deposits, journal entries--they all make much more sense in AccountEdge.

Pros

It makes sense--the reports and searches are logical and easy to figure out. It's easy to find your way around. It can keep you from making stupid mistakes like duplicating a vendor or customer card, but if you do, you can merge the cards. The check and invoice forms are completely customizable.

Cons

I didn't like having to open old data files to get information from prior years, but now the program allows you to keep transactions from the last eight years, I believe. I still have to restore old files from time to time, though.

So many functions… and stable for 13 years use now

We are a software company with most of our business taking place online. I do regular reconciliation of hundreds of thousands of transactions… consolidating them into AccountEdge weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. In addition we have lots of direct customers that pay by Purchase Order. We drop-ship a number of hardware products from various vendors.

Pros

They are constantly updating the software and I've only had one data "glitch" in the 13 years I've run the software (with hundreds of thousands of sales invoices/quotes/purchase orders/transactions… and that one problem was rectified by their support team very quickly.

Cons

I love that they add new features yearly, but typically I don't find the features as useful as I'd find others. They are always willing to take feedback however, and I look forward to some of my suggestions being implemented. I also wish the network edition worked on Windows.

Easy to use but a few quirks that annoy me each month

Overall AccountEdge makes my business bookkeeping simple-- I've used Quickbooks for other clients and I really do prefer the way AccountEdge handles billing for a daily service industry (we are in landscape maintenance). I wish the mobile technology allowed my husband to see more customer info when he is in the field, but we are able to work around that typically.

Pros

Ease of use for progress billing, I am able to bill daily sales in an easy to use format helping me not lose revenue by missing charges to customers

Cons

No ability to show customer total outstanding balance without a statement. I also think the reconciling process is clunky for bank statements and credit cards. My deposits show twice when I group them for a bank deposit slip and customer balances can be inaccurate on "cards".

AccountEdge Pro review

We have used AccountEdge for over 20 years. (When it was originally MYOB). It works with our small business very well for the price we pay. We tried another software that cost 10 times as much and it wasn't user friendly at all and had a lot of issues. Will stay with AccountEdge.

Pros

It is easy to use and figure out even without a manual

Cons

The inventory module puts a reversing entry in when you receive material and you have to take it out.

Hi Bonnie, Our Inventory tracking in AccountEdge should not be requiring you to manually make any changes because of a reversing entry. I spoke with our technical support team and they would need more details to fully understand what is happening in the software. You can reach out to our support team at accountedge.com/help for free to get this figured out. Thank You - AccountEdge Customer Care

AccountEdge for Mac

AccountEdge is a solid Accounting System, however, the Paid support is lacking. The support Staff are not overly familiar with the product they are supposed to be supporting, and you are put on hold constantly why they "research" your issue.

Pros

AccountEdge for Mac is a solid Accounting Program. It allows me to keep track of everything financially related to my company. It also allows me to do my own Payroll, which is helpful.

Cons

The product does not support iOS devices very well. It has not updated its AccountEdge for iPhone application to keep up with its competitors. My Personal iBank iPhone application integrates seamlessly to my Desktop program, allowing me to keep track of my finances in real time, on the go.

Best Accounting Package Out There!

I am a former QB for Mac user. After spending countless hours on the phone with customer support (from India), and not being able to under stand the tech or being able to get them to understand my software problem, I decided to look for a better accounting package. I found it with AccountEdge Pro. The software is easy to set up! It works great! And customer support is FANTASTIC! Whenever my...

Pros

It is easy to use and meets all of my needs.

Cons

Nothing

AccountEdge Pro/The best ever!

I have had this software since early 90's when it was MYOB (Mind Your Own Business). Loved the name! I had already gotten Quicken and was lost from the start. I didn't even install it to my computer, it was so confusing. MYOB/AccountEdge was so easy to set up. It took me no time at all to be up and running. I waited a year or so to get the payroll module... what a mistake. I should have gotten it at the same time... again... easy , easy , easy. I was spending hours upon hours doing payroll, withholding, employee records...etc... got set up... now it only takes me minutes. Love it!

Pros

Easy to set up, easy to use, easy to understand, just plain easy.

Cons

It has too much? lol. I don't use a lot of the features that are available, but if I need something, it is there.

Great Customer Support

Pros

I manager the office of a small company. We were using QuickBooks. Since their customer support was less than helpful and not based in the States, when we switched our computer system, I switched our accounting software to AccountEdge. The three big keys for me was that AccountEdge had customer service available here in the States that can be reached easily with a phone call, the price is reasonable, and they have a decent program.

Cons

Corrections and adjustments are more difficult to make.

Always Improving

Been using AccountEdge Pro for 12 years and I’m completely satisfied with this product.

Pros

Works great for us Mac users and the features improve with every upgrade.

Cons

Have to customize forms with every upgrade.

Hi Gary, Very happy to hear that AccountEdge is working well for your business. We do offer an upgrade tool for your Customized Forms so you don't need to recreate them when you get a new version. Here is a link to the support article to walk you through the process the next time you upgrade: http://support.accountedge.com/kb/upgrading/upgrading-company-file#FORMS2012 - AccountEdge Customer Care Team

Everything I need to mange my small business accounting needs

I like the ease of use and that certain features are very versatile , like I can create an invoice for either a service or an “item” sale and switch back and forth with ease. The software even recognizes the difference between when I’m paying a utility bill and purchasing inventory and will ask me to switch modules if I need to.

Pros

AccountEdge Pro is easy to set up, execute and expand. I recently added the payroll feature. By doing this I will be saving money by not having to hire a professional to handle my small business payroll. The modules are easy to understand as is the connectivity between features. There is a lot of support available that is either free or doesn’t add a huge expense to my bottom line.

Cons

There isn’t much I don’t like about this software. I’ve been using AccountEdge for close to 20years and have never thought of replacing it.

AccountEdge Pro Long-Time User

AccoutEdge Network Edition allows us to use multiple workstations to manage our daily sales, payables, and biweekly payroll.

Pros

Comprehensive for what we need it for. All cash accounts, including checking; receivables; payables; payroll; and more.

Cons

We've used it for so many years that we've gotten very used to it. Because we don't have a learning curve anymore, I don't have complaints. It would be better if it integrated more easily into our database, or Excel.

ACCOUNTEDGE NETWORK EDITION

AccountEdge has always been very helpful to resolve any issues I have had. I highly recommend this software.

Pros

I have used AccountEdge for many years. It is very easy to use and grows with our business. I can keep track of inventory and the auto build feature works well and saves me hours of time

Cons

I cannot change inventory item information once it has been used and I cannot combine cards if they info doesn't match. I must create new items.

Great software

It's been great and will continue to use the software for many years.

Pros

I've been using Accountedge since it was MYOB. The software is easy to move around and learn even for someone who's never used an accounting program before.

Cons

No availability, like a competitor, to have access online especially when it would come to scanning and saving an invoice (online) so it doesn't use up your personal harddrive in the event of a crash as well.