e-Builder Enterprise Reviews

Pros

It has the potential to be a great tool, giving feedback on the status of invoices entered. It is great having the ability to see the progress and process of invoices entered.

Ada G.

Cylix S.

It is very user friendly and it is very easy to find necessary documents. The search bar is a great asset that I use frequently to find documents if I do not know where to look.

Ryan B.

Cons

Trying to do regular work at the same time as implementation will lead to delays and the implementation only being halfway complete, and many users will complain about lack of functionality.

Tim K.

The pricing is horrible for all of the software's limitations. As my title suggests, it is basically a very expensive file organizer.

Thom B.

When approving a submittal, it will disappear from the Workflow. And I can no longer review and find the entry and related documents.

Sammy C.

User friendly system and allows you to capture information necessary for your project.

Good financial reporting on projects and status of where things sit with what actor. Hold accountability with PMs, Directors, and Executive Directors. Very good auditing tool that can help score performance on internal staff and outside consultants or contractors.

Pros

Easy to build reports and dashboards. Building customized reports and workflows. Easy to use system. Allows everything to tie back to a project, include cost, budget, documents, forms, invoices, change orders, task orders, etc.

Cons

System runs slow around noon-3pm EST. As an EB Admin, certain functionalities when creating forms are uneditable or would require you to remove a field and start over again. Dashboards do not quickly refresh with up to date changes made in processes or reports. Sometimes it takes almost 6hrs to refresh a dashboard based on new changes. Would like to see more online youtube training videos on certain modules (i.e., BI Reports, Schedule, Cashflows, etc.)

e-Builder

Overall e-Builder experience is great, starting at their support desk; which by far is one of the best I have worked with. Many knowledgeable folks on the other end of the phone. Many have been promoted to Business Analysts, which says a lot for the company as a whole. I have worked with some Business Analysts on school district specific needs and have been very pleased with our outcome. Also our...

Pros

I was hired to re-implement the e-Builder software. It requires an understanding of the data and the fields that need to be populated; and why you are populating those fields. Integration is an integral part of a successful implementation and it is very important to have all players that know about data included in initial discussions. e-Builder is easy to use and they have many tutorials in their community portal that showcase each module with examples of how it can and should be used. The reporting module is easy enough for all users to use and enhanced reporting with BI is available for those that have a bit more knowledge of report layout.

Cons

Searching for documents across all projects could be enhanced. Systems created on global custom fields always means there can never be out of the box standardizations, so a lot of time is spent re-inventing processes or forms that should be standard to all. Working in contacts and user setups could also be enhanced. The mobile module needs enhancing on Androids.

I am a contractor that has been forced to use e-builder because the agency I am currently working for is currently using it.

I would really encourage you to think this out. E-builder is a gimmick, and a waste of time and money.

Pros

I do not like anything about this product. E-builder attempts to solve a problem that never existed, which in turn only creates problems. I receive on average 50 email per day from e-builder, and 99% of them do not apply to me. Therefore my email inbox was getting flooded with emails, and made it difficult to find what I was looking for. I then created an outlook folder for the e-builder emails so they stay out of my inbox. Now I have problem that I do not receive notifications when the emails come through, and I cannot view those emails from my iPhone, because they are in a different outlook folder.

Cons

The RFI/Change Order/Billing process used to be easy prior to using e-builder. E-builder has created a number of processes and steps that have to be completed by people on each side before it can get advanced to the next level. These processes used to be as easy as sending an email to the right individual. Now if a certain individual in e-builder drops the ball, it holds up the whole process. On average (a small business) the Port has been paying us a month late every month because of the problems with e-builder.

Expensive but useful

Overall, if you can afford it, you wont find a better project management software. This really can do it all. This is a top to bottom management software that really can manage all aspects of project management. For some projects this is a little overkill. There are so many features. If you're working on $100k project this might not be the software for you. If you're working on a $100M project I would highly recommend it.

Pros

I like the custom aspects of this software. With the help of the support agents we have been able to really customize some of the features for our project. We use lots of custom processes and flows to manage workflow and control QA/QC of documents. The interface is also easy to use.

Cons

The price is a major con. This software is very expensive but I would say that it is worth the cost. Another con is how complex the software is to use. We have to have a support agent to help with management and had to have an entire team to help with setup. This is not an out of the box solution. You will need some assistance from tremble and eBuilder staff.

Used to hate it, now I tolerate it

Pros

+Extremely customisable. This is construction management software that you can tailor to fit the needs of your project. I've used e-Builder for three (3) different higher education institutions and each University is able to tailor e-Builder to fit the project's needs. +Notifications. E-Builder will email you a notification when you have a RFI to respond to, when you have a submittal to review, when...

Cons

-Training is definitely required to use e-Builder. It can be confusing with different terminologies used such as "forms", "processes", etc. I just need to find submittals and RFIs but can easily get lost. Without training, it is easy to hate e-Builder, just like I did in the beginning. -Cost - this is not a cheap software and licenses can be costly.

e-Builder is a fantastic system! It captures so much data that is useful for decision making.

Pros

e-Builder is a great product for owners who manage large capital budgets with many projects. The cost module interfaces with out GL system so there is no duplicate entry into a capital software. This means increased financial controls but it's great to have all of the information in one place. The e-Builder development team is great at responding to client suggestions and they are continually upgrading the system to make it a powerful tool that is extremely user-friendly.

Cons

Granting permissions in the folders is cumbersome if management likes continual change. We have a director who is constantly wanting changes and permission changes are not the easiest to make when you have a large folder structure built with subfolders like in Windows. It would be nice to be able to grant separate permissions for specific tasks but the permissions are set for groups of items. It makes sense but also limits the permissions the system administrator can grant to others.

eBuilder Review

Pros

The cost module is very powerful. The cash flow curves are helpful in projecting the amounts that we plan on spending. The BI module is also very good, for most things. I like the features of the documents module, such as emailing files and sharing folders with non account holders. They also have a good support service.

Cons

Construction management can use some improvement. This includes improvement to the meeting module, daily reports and punch list. I've also seen issues with the schedule. It's not the best at recognizing milestone tasks and requires some work arounds.

eBuilder Rocks!

After 12 years experience, this is one of the best software's I've used. Having a support team providing continue education, and the Elevate conference, which I'm looking forward to in September.

Pros

From the beginning, I've been able to use the software with either no or little training.

Cons

Unable to report across modules. Contacts module, unable to see all commitments with the limit of 500+, which I've sent a product idea for filters. More information regarding formulas.

I'm a fan of e-Builder Processes

Pros

e_builder Processes can be tailored to meet specific needs, compared to other systems that are not customizable to the same extent.

Cons

There's always room for improvement. Managing projects for multiple clients/programs in one e-Builder account is challenging.

I use it to submit submittals and RFI's and it helps keeps everything I need for the project organiz

By using this product I am to track when everything goes in for review and when it gets returned. No matter how long ago it happens this keeps a good and clean record of everything that happens during the project.

Pros

It is easy to use and it doesn't take long to learn. I was placed onto a project that uses e-builder exclusively and I needed to be able to start using it by the end of the week and after the first couple submittals I was able to pick it up.

Cons

I could use a couple more options for the "Field Reports" section. There are moments when I am placing my reports from a site visit and I do not have an appropriate place to file it.

End of File Cabinets and spreadsheets Era!

eBuilder has allowed the City of Sunnyvale Public Works Engineering Division to get out of time consuming and inefficient paper workflows and jump into web based project management. Being able to access project data online from anywhere and at any time gives our inspectors, project managers and executives immediate boost in making better assessments and decisions. eBuilder costs more than some...

Sometimes a Harmonica Is More Appropriate than an Orchestra

I am a Materials Coordinator. Per my Agency's format- I am mostly in folders: Progress Photos ("04"-07); 03-01-09; 03-08 through 12-all subfolders; 03-16-01-all subfolders; 03-16 & 17-all subfolders. I look at submittals via Submittal Register. Processes I use most is consultant daily activity report (DR_) and equipment report (DARCA).

Pros

It is a method to get at much info into an electronic format. As in the Microsoft Office software, the method of entering info into e-Builder vary from Process to Submittal, etc. In short, no consistency. I use the file naming convention format for record keeping for non-e-Builder projects.

Cons

Unable to get a simple Excel list of file names, with upload date (a harmonica), found in a folder directly from e-Builder software. It drives me nuts I can only see two or three documents in the tiny window when I do materials review & file naming consistency. I create my own Excel sheet manually. I select an individual document, "Properties", copy the file name into an Excel spreadsheet-repeat...

Recent e-Builder Deployment

We started looking at cloud-based project management software packages in 2008. After deploying a product that ended up not being a good fit for our company we approached e-Builder in mid-2015 and went live in January of 2016. As they say, the rest is history.

Pros

The system is flexible, forgiving, intuitive, configurable, and extremely robust. The system works as advertised and as expected. e-Builder is always willing to address our comments and concerns and communicates the status of known issues. There isn't just one thing I like about the product, there are many. The cost module reflects true construction cost accounting with the ability to track multiple...

Cons

The thing I like least has nothing to do with the product or the vendor. I'm frustrated with individual user's inability to truly adopt the product and change how they do things. Old dogs have a hard time learning new tricks.

e-Builder for the Admin

Previously, our company relied on paper, scanned documents and e-mail. Slowly but surely we are transferring all of our business processes for the entire enterprise made up of approximately 12 divisions into e-Builder. Several processes including procurement, invoice requests, budget requests, change requests, contingency transfers, etc. have all been successfully rolled out and are being maintained in the system while we expand to other departments like Admin & HR, Operations, Facilities, Business & Revenue, Technology, etc. as we continue to develop the software as an enterprise warehouse for all our business needs.

Pros

Functionality and ease of use not only for end-users but especially for the client system admins. Whether it's setting up projects, users, roles, processes, reports, dashboards, etc. the navigation and setup for all are intuitive and user friendly that anyone with typical technical skills could successfully use with little to no training or direction.

Cons

Though the system is very easy to use and setup, this is mostly because clients to not have access to the hard-coded data. Typically this is not a problem but there are limitations that come up from time to time like the ability to edit/remove standard and default fields or search functionality and options in different modules.

A great project management package for design and construction.

Standardization and automation of processes, document capture and management.

Pros

Three features in particular have made my job easier. First, processes are standardized and automated. There is no longer any guesswork as to how something was done, where the paperwork is, or who is holding up holding things up. Second, everything is documented as a byproduct of working through a process. Emails, internally generated documents, contracts, changes orders, submittals, etc. are captured and stored for easy reference. Third, no more paper. We have eliminated scores of filing cabinets, including those storing record documents from previous projects, and everything is now available digitally where ever I go.

Cons

Design reviews are frustrating. They require everyone on the distribution list to reply before the process can proceed. In our organization there are some individuals who need to be included in the design review but often do not respond. We typically have an administrator override and terminate the process. I wish there was an option to automatically close the process at the due date.

Good system that is constantly improving

Great system, keep up the good work. You have a good team of intelligent programmers and customer service providers. Having a road map and plan for the direction of the group is imperative and will keep the creative people focused on where the application needs to go. There are little bugs here and there in the system, or parts that do not function exactly as we want causing us to create work-arounds.

Pros

The interface is very intuitive, the modules are helpful and the functions are logical. We have had success in generating reports that executives can use to make strategic company-wide decisions as construction consumes the most capital resources available.

Cons

There are some functions and features that could be improved as they are starting to compete with other applications available. As an example we want to use the schedule module more but the Microsoft project application is much easier so we end up importing MS project files instead of generating the original project schedules in eBuilder. We want all-in-one most of the time but it would require integration with MS products or building a clone which we understand is time consuming and expensive.

Great Project Management Software

We think e-Builder is a great product. We have been using e-Builder to manage capital projects since 2009. We added our Facility Engineering budgets and projects in 2012. We use all of the e-Builder modules. We use processes extensively to control both the flow of information; i.e., RFI, ASI, POC, etc. and cost; i.e., budget changes, contract and PO approvals, AFP and invoices. We using the bidding module heavily. Also, e-Builder is integrated with our financial system software allowing us to expedite vendor payments after they are approved in e-Builder.

Pros

The ability to create and modify workflow processes to standardize these activities and provide visibility of their status at any step in the process. The responsiveness of the customer support that we receive on those rare occassions when we have an issue with the software or want to implement a non-standard modfication.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I don't like about this software.

Senior Project Manager (EB Admin)

This system has been very helpful with locating where forms, invoices, contractor pay apps, task orders, and etc are in the process. In addition, identifying where the bottlenecks are and allowing us to quickly address them to either remodify the workflow or provide additional training/support to staff within the process. Great reporting tool as well for urgent requests by upper or executive level management.

Pros

System is user friendly, nice to track what is sitting in peoples "current step", report wizard is nice to help generate ad hoc reports, and cost summary hold people accountable to how much is budgeted for their project.

Cons

Show more video demonstration on different BI reports and Dashboards. Have standard dashboards step up from EB. Do a workshop on how to setup a BI Dashboard and see if others in EB community can share theirs. Other simple video demos on Import Tools (i.e., project imports, etc) More improvement on Planning Module. Many of the features and functions see to be tedious or extra clicking or difficult to run cash flow by month. Video demo on Scheduling module and setting up a schedule for a project and running a cash flow. Then run a nice dashboard to show the project with cash flow curves and project details.

Happy user for almost 10 years

Improved project management. Drives consistent application of project management processes.

Pros

Strong program focused on helping Owners efficiently manage capital projects through the design and construction process. Flexible processes allow Owners to customize process flows to match their unique needs. Ability to integrate a wide variety of project team members into the processes helps maximize process efficiency and collaboration. Reports for day to day use are easy to set up, flexible and functional.

Cons

Schedule module is still clunky. Difficult to drawn data from across modules to create certain types of comprehensive reports. In some cases data must be downloaded to Excel and further manipulated to capture desired analysis. Licensing cost structure can make it cost prohibitive to include project team members outside of the Owner's staff and take full advantage of the collaborate potential of the software.

Owner Representative Feedback

Organization of internal documents has immensely improved in our office. The ability to control the document management has been helpful with a large office and lots of archives. The other more robust and/or complicated features have been a struggle to get the office into. Unfamiliarity with the program has been a difficult hump to get over.

Pros

the ability to setup controls on functions so that organization and consistency can be maintained. The forms section is great. The fact that it keeps documents and conversation all in one place. It's nice that it can be placed in one persons court to know who needs to take action. It's also very helpful to manage workloads with employees.

Cons

Implementation of the program to our office has been difficult. It's difficult to fit in the time to understand the program ourselves then train others how to use it. The opportunities are endless when it comes to building processes, forms etc. but the time to build them is tough to find. We could have benefited more from training from an e-Builder team but did not have the funds to purchase it.

Powerful Software -

I do appreciate the support team, i've been on that side of software before. Thanks for all the work you guys do. Also, thanks to the other teams at e-Builder that make all the magic happen behind the scenes.

Pros

Customization of independent processes allow multiple departments to interact within the same workflows. Version control on documents module always keeps document organized and easily accessible. The use of reporting to extract the data needed is always a plus. The future expansion of the APIs is going to make this software even more powerful!

Cons

Some high priority bugs still take to long to get resolved. Replication of certain bugs limit the eb development team to fix issues in a timely manner. --- Some items cannot sit in a process or whatnot, waiting for the eB dev team to look into the issue. Some things have to move at the speed of payments.

e-Builder works great for streamlining government agency processes

Pros

Reporting is awesome and very powerful. Processes really streamline our efficiency. Help menu is very detailed and has information for almost everything you can imagine. Many advanced features that have the ability to vastly improve how projects are managed if used correctly.

Cons

There are multiple "modules" in the software (processes, reports, cost, schedule, submittals, etc.) and for the most part there is not cross-module communication. This leads to issues with mail merges and reporting not always being able to pull in the information needed. There is an e-Builder Community function which is a nice idea but could be so much better. It needs a visual overhaul and should be a hub for all the different companies that use the software to share there ideas. Instead it is mostly used for people to post enhancement requests, with very little e-Builder response.

Pier 17 - Architect Experience

We've been using E-Builder the past 3 years for the project and I admit that as we were evolving the way that we were using the platform through the years, as well as the several updates that E-Builder did have improved the experience. Overall, there have not been major issues in the process between architect - contractor, apart from some instances that we are currently facing where there is some...

Pros

Cleanness of all open items on one's court

Cons

Loading time between pages

Very good product, but can be difficult to learn because it has so much functionality

This software has made access to files and project information from multiple locations much easier. It has also organized my department to a single file structure allowing easier and timely location of critical project information. Sharing information across the University is also better as all of our data is formatted similarly for all projects.

Pros

The ease of transferring files into the eBuilder file system and ability to view files from the web while traveling. Scheduling is much improved since the last update.

Cons

Cost accounting can be difficult to understand because of all of the different areas where items can be entered. Would like to seamlessly drop files from email into eBuilder files without saving them on my computer first

Ebuilder Evaluation

As the eB Admin, initial training and design of the system were crucial to our success launch. I was given the proper tools to fully understand the functionality of the software. We crafted a well thought out, detailed approach to what our implementation would include. This approach did not overwhelm staff for training/adoption. By keeping it simple and streamline in the first year, staff gained the knowledge and confidence necessary for buy in of a new system. Now in the second year of use, we are fully understanding how all data from various modules relate to one another, giving a fully integrated, dynamic project management approach to our projects.

Pros

The communication tools available for all project participants. This transparency gives all participants a better control of real time reporting and management.

Cons

Some of the modules still feeling a little cumbersome- Scheduling seems a little tedious to set up, and make revisions.