ClearEvent Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.4/10

Reviews by rating

The software is easy and FUN to use. We are the world's oldest rodeo, and now we have ClearEvent as a trusted partner to help us take our Rodeo to the next level.
SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been our contact from start to finish. He has been available every single time I have needed him to clarify or help guide us as to the best way to accomplish our event goal.
This app has a very common sense approach and it has a lot of great features like the easy to access share links and invitations. We still have a lot to learn, but I'm looking forward to it.
None that I can remember. We don't really have any complaints.

Melanie B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Great Value!

Really straightforward and simple. [sensitive content hidden] answered all our questions right away and continues to provide support when needed.

Pros

Ease of use and our rep [sensitive content hidden] has been incredibly helpful and responsive!

Cons

This is not applicable. There is nothing we don't like about it.

Hey Melanie, A big THANK YOU for leaving us such a fantastic review! We're over the moon knowing you found ClearEvent to be super valuable and easy to use. Our team's always working hard to make sure our customers have a top-notch experience, and your feedback tells us we're on the right track! Our team members rock, and they're dedicated to helping you succeed. I'll pass along your high fives to...

KV

Kenneth V.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

Tech Challenged But Event Succeeded With Clear Event

Pros

Clear Event offers a complete event management system and full support team to help us middle-aged, tech challenged users cross over into the new world. We promote a mid-sized event (500-600 ppl) and this app has helped to facilitate efficiency and accountability. I lost my tech person and have had to learn and do many of the back-end items myself. This has placed me in multiple contacts with their customer support and their service has been outstanding. They have went above and beyond to understand my event, my goals and teach me how to make it a reality within the platform.

Cons

If there is anything negative I would say is to keep in mind users like me who do not use tech or are in constant on the job learning mode. Think about the ease of finding subject matter. I think this can be achieved by involving non frequent tech people in your overview videos to understand how we may think which is quite different then the tech brain until we understand it. Otherwise, every time we use the app we feel like we have to relearn or learn the processes.

Hi Kenneth! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your insightful review on the ClearEvent management platform! We're thrilled to hear that our system and dedicated support team were instrumental in ensuring the success of your event, especially during challenging times. Your feedback about catering to users who might be less tech-savvy is invaluable. We're constantly striving to make our platform...

VD

Varsha D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Great Experience

AMAZING PLATFORM FOR EVENT PLANNING. SO HAPPY WE ARE USING THEM!

Pros

Customer service was top notch (especially [sensitive content hidden]!). The platform was easy to navigate and very user friendly.

Cons

Honestly, I don't have any cons that I can think of!

Dear Varsha, A huge thank you from the ClearEvent team for your glowing review! We are thrilled to hear about your great experience and are particularly pleased that our customer service stood out to you as top-notch. Our team strives to provide the best support possible, and knowing that [sensitive content hidden] made a significant impact is incredibly rewarding. We're also delighted that you found...

JB

Jeff B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Clearevent

It's nice to have a mutual budget. Very helpful. I like the organizational aspects. It's really quite functional and useful, just not as quick or intuitive as I would like.

Pros

Customer Service. Always willing to work together to make the software better.

Cons

I find it isn't as user friendly as I want it to be. Always seems a bit confusing, but it's tough to explain. It also doesn't load as fast as I need it to.

Hi Jeff, We'd love to chat with you to better understand your needs. Someone on our support team will be in touch to see how we can help (if they haven't already done so). We may have suggestions to improve your experience.

Domingo Antonio A.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

An Essential Tool.

It's great, it has improved my professionalism and efficiency in managing my events.

Pros

It's great to be able to coordinate and assign tasks to volunteers from one place - it's extremely useful especially for events that rely heavily on volunteer help.

Cons

Well, although the platform is quite complete, it can initially be overwhelming.

Hi Domingo! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with ClearEvent. It's great to hear that our platform has been instrumental in coordinating your event volunteers. We understand that initially navigating a new and comprehensive platform like ours can sometimes be overwhelming, especially with everything else busy event planners are trying to get done. To support you, for your first event...

Pamela A. L.

Higher Education, 201-500 employees

Very affordable and great for educational institutes who have corporate events!

Considering we are an educational institution who offers unique events to our corporate community to raise scholarships, ClearEvent has been the best product hands down to save money and get the important event management tools needed.

Pros

It's great for keeping all your information in one place. Very affordable considering all the options available. They are always fast to respond and consider all requests provided to them. Highly recommend considering ClearEvent.

Cons

We are hoping there will be a check-in process for registrants soon.

Thanks Pamela for your great feedback! We're very excited to let you know that we've expanded our registration check-in capabilities to meet your needs. We're also adding more great features regularly. Watch for product updates!

BS

Brooke S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Parade Software

I'm really happy with Clear Event and the abilities it gives me to be detailed and specific in my process. Our application was redundant and long. Using Clear Event has given me the opportunity to clean it up, and make the registration easy and efficient for our clientele. I appreciate the quick help when I get stuck, they are right there to walk me through a problem in no time.

Pros

We have yet to go live, but the process of preparing my registration forms and working on the things that must be signed by the applicant in this digital system has been pretty easy. The support is wonderful, attentive and quick to help. I am confident that this will be the best experience we have ever had taking applications for our parade, handling the funds and organizing the lineup.

Cons

Learning new software is hard. I have picked it up but there are always frustrations at the bottom of the learning curve... sometimes I don't know what it is I'm looking at, or what each feature really does. The information is on the site, I just have to find it and if I can't, I ask and it doesn't take long for the answer to come.

Hey Brooke! We're thrilled by your awesome ClearEvent review! 😊 Big thanks for sharing your experience, it means a lot! We're excited to hear that you've found our platform user-friendly and that it's helping you streamline your parade registration process. It's fantastic that our support team has been able to assist you promptly and attentively whenever you need help. We pride ourselves on our customer service, so it's great to know we're hitting the mark. We know learning new software can be tough, but we're here for you anytime you need guidance. 🤗 Thanks for choosing ClearEvent, and here's to a fantastic parade experience! 🎈🎉 Warm regards, The ClearEvent Team

JH

John H.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1-10 employees

Great product, phenomenal support

Our onboarding was a breeze. The combination of help/support docs plus the support team's patience with us made getting up and running super easy.

Pros

Out of the box we're able to manage multiple events without a hitch. The software does everything we need, and to be honest we haven't even had the time to explore a number of features which would probably be useful to us.

Cons

The budgeting tools are in that grey area where we try to keep track of "actual" vs budgeted, but for expenses tracking the hotels make it so convoluted that we are doing our budgeted vs actual for expenses on a separate spreadsheet. Not the fault of ClearEvent - just the way house accounts at hotels become a mish-mash of accounting.

Hi John! Thanks so much you for your positive and insightful review of ClearEvent. We're thrilled that our software and support team have been able to help manage your events effectively. We appreciate the feedback about our budgeting tools and trying to use them to track your "convoluted" hotel expenses;) We're always eager to improve our product, so if you think of any improvements that would help you to better manage your hotel expenses please reach out. Thank again for choosing ClearEvent. We're delighted our combination of cost, features, and support made the decision easy for you. If you need any further assistance with any of our other features, don't hesitate to get in touch. Cheers!

SL

Scott L.

Events Services, self-employed

Most complete product I found ... and most affordable, too

The response and help from the ClearEvent teams has been PHENOMENAL. My demo was well done, they were there to quickly answer questions during the free trial, they offer you an hour onboarding training and were extremely quick to respond to messages afterwards, including jumping on an impromptu Zoom call to help me troubleshoot an issue that wasn't even ClearEvent's issue.

Pros

I had a specific list of features I needed when I started researching event-planning software, and ClearEvent was the one that checked the most boxes. In fact, there was not another option that I would have paid for, so if not for ClearEvent, I'd still be running my events as I always have.

Cons

Event layout design is the only feature missing that I'd like to see, though there are other resources available that might be better than an in-house event layout design.

Hello Scott! 🌟 Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with ClearEvent! It's really wonderful to hear that our platform met the majority of your needs and was affordable. We understand how important it is to have the right features for event planning. We truly appreciate your feedback about our event layout design features. Our product team will continue to make improvements...

Shannon M.

Public Safety, 51-200 employees

Best Event App for the

Prior to using ClearEvent, we utilized independent software to do what this one application provides which made it a lot easier when planning an event!

Pros

This app will walk you through what is needed to quickly launch your event, and if you have any questions, the support is bar none! They would help with any question I had and even gave me some better suggestions on what to do after I explained what I was needing. Everything you need to run an event is all in one place. There is seriously too many things I could list which are great about this software!

Cons

Probably could make the text boxes bigger on the registrations so you can see more text than the "..." with no way to extend the field (they actually fixed that in a matter of days). It would be nice to have a delete all button on the invite section in case you need to import a new list, but again, there was a work around for that. Lastly, maybe a vendor/sponsor floor plan which could be interactive.

Hi Shannon, thanks so much for taking time to submit a review! We're glad you're enjoying the ClearEvent platform and that it's working well for you. I've passed along your feature suggestions and feedback to the product team so stay tuned because there are some exciting new features coming soon!;)

TF

Teri F.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

ClearEvent is the #1 Solution to Successful Event Planning and Organization

Without a doubt, the most excellent event-planning software platform available. Hands-down, THE BEST!

Pros

Pros? Where to start? It is difficult to choose what features of this software are most impressive or impactful. I am still reeling from the level of the buildout of this software. The people behind its development have seemingly done the impossible. They thought of EVERYTHING in developing this software, and that takes superior knowledge of the event industry. And it clearly shows how much they care...

Cons

Cons? Nope! Not a one! However, if I could make a wish list, I would like to see the implementation of SMS, which I believe ClearEvent may be working on—also, maybe some more functionality concerning uploading graphics, perhaps even short video clips (15 to 30 seconds).

Thanks Teri for taking the time to write such a detailed review! We're honored to be able to help you grow such a historic and meaningful event. We appreciate the feedback and will certainly use it continue to add great new features to ClearEvent to further improve your team's productivity and your attendee experience. Cheers!

CS

Celina S.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

You won't find a better place to get started with running events!

When I actually started researching the logistics of setting up an event web page, having registration and payment capabilities, tracking participants, organizing them into sessions, and about twenty or so other things I hadn't fully realized I'd need to do, I felt overwhelmed and doubted my ability to host my virtual event in the manner I'd hoped. Then I found software solutions that seemed great, and cost more than my whole event would bring in! When I came across ClearEvent I decided to try it because it was affordable, but expected very little from it. However, I've been pleasantly surprised at just how much it offers. And I'm able to do even more with the platform since they're customer support is so individualized!

Pros

Before I can even discuss the software, I must discuss the customer support. While working in the free trial version (and already convinced I would pay the most reasonable fee when it came do) I used the chat feature to ask a question. Within minutes, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] had set up a web meeting where I could screen share and he could remotely demonstrate how to do everything I needed to do....

Cons

I haven't fully completed an event yet, so can't too much here. They are adding time zone conversion functionality which will be helpful. I would also appreciate a little more control over the design/appearance of the event page.

Thanks Celina! We're so happy that you found us and thanks for the kind words. We look forward to working with you to help grow your event!

LC

Ludwin C.

Sports, 11-50 employees

March 1 Go Live Day Review

The support has been incredible. For our event, this is a "just right" application with a lot of great features, but not so many that we'll never use them.

Pros

This app has a very common sense approach and it has a lot of great features like the easy to access share links and invitations. We still have a lot to learn, but I'm looking forward to it!

Cons

Nothing for this, so far I've liked it all.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with ClearEvent! We're thrilled to hear that you're finding our app to be a common-sense approach with great features like easy-to-access share links and invitations. It's also wonderful to hear that you're looking forward to learning more about our platform. It's great to hear that ClearEvent was the right choice for your event and that...

CV

Chris V.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Clear Event is amazing!

We host a conference with about 150 people, and in the past we did everything manually. It also used to be free, so we didn't have a payment component (except for sponsors/exhibitors). When the conference grew enough, we knew it was time to start charging for people to attend, which meant we really needed an online tool for people to register. Clear Event was incredible. From the day we found them, their customer service was amazing. They are always available to get on calls to help you get set up. And they really work with you so you understand all the features of the tool and how to use them. They also do not pressure you to buy a bunch of things you don't need for your event.

Pros

We loved the integration with Stripe for taking payments, because this was our first time charging people to attend our conference. It worked flawlessly. We also really liked the fact that you can create so many custom registration forms, because it helped us as a team make sure everyone was registered correctly. And, we thought the tool was really well designed. Running an event in an online tool will always be complex, but the Clear Event layout/UX was really good and made it about as easy as it can be.

Cons

None that I can remember! We don't really have any complaints.

Chris, thanks so much for your great review! We're so happy you found the system flexible & easy to use and that you received the support you needed to be successful. We're super excited to help you continue to grow your next conference. Cheers!

SL

Shannon L.

Used other for 2+ years

Good platform that could be great with some tweaks

This is a good platform that could be great with some tweaks. The customer support is prompt and helpful. Hope to see the platform get even better!

Pros

Great customer support, helped me keep track of many volunteer schedules in one place.

Cons

Not enough clear ways to export the information I need. I have to go back and forth between the volunteer’s individual pages and the job descriptions to clarify information or get details correct. I can’t send a message to my volunteers from within the platform, I have to export their email addresses and manually email them.

Thanks for your feedback Shannon. There is an easy way to message your volunteers from within the platform using the event portal. We would like to show you how. It will save you a lot of steps. Someone on our support team will be in touch to see how we can help improve your experience. We are committed to your success.

MS

Morgan S.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Great software for simple events! Customer service is exceptional.

Pros

I love that everything is contained all in one place and that all the moving pieces of an event talk to each other and stay connected. The budget feature is fantastic as well as the communication features. It makes it so easy to communicate with our attendees.

Cons

Some features are a little less intuitive than others. I find I sometimes want more complicated feature sets than what are available. Overall I usually find a workaround or hear that Clear Event will be updating soon.

Morgan, thanks so much for the awesome review of our software! We're thrilled that ClearEvent has been able to simplify your event planning process and that you found our customer service exceptional! We like to think we're an extension of your team;) We hear you on some of the less intuitive features and your desire for more complicated feature sets in some areas. We're always working to make ClearEvent even better, so we'll be in touch soon to pick your brain on how we can better meet your needs. Thanks again for choosing ClearEvent and for sharing your positive experience with others. We appreciate you!

AG

Ann G.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Used other for 2+ years

Annual Event Management

Pros

Our organization hosts a $75,000 annual event, with 300 plus vendors, 100 plus volunteers and 28,000 attendees. We couldn't do it without Clear Event. We are actively using the platform for 6 months out of the year. Like that a) it easily integrates with our website/online presence b) can send messages at a scheduled time c) we can pay automatically as we go

Cons

a) would like to figure out a way to assign vendor locations automatically (or semi-automatically, just making it a part of the process) b) Our website uploads slowly for vendor registration - I'll try to make our website a little less clunky, but would love to figure out how to make referrals back and fourth between our sites more seamless.

AC

Ashley C.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

[sensitive content hidden] is the BEST!

I loved working with [sensitive content hidden] and really appreciate his professionalism and knowledge of the program.

Pros

I needed a lot of help setting up my vendor forms and [sensitive content hidden] went above and beyond in helping me! He was kind and supportive and helped give me the confidence to navigate the program.

Cons

It is pretty complicating when you first start out. Having a person there to walk me through it was essential.

Woo-hoo! Thank you Ashley for taking the time to share your amazing experience with us! We are so thrilled to hear that our Customer Success Team member went above and beyond to help you set up your vendor forms and provide the support and confidence you needed to navigate the platform. We're sorry to hear that the program was a little tricky when you first started out, but we are delighted that ClearEvent was flexible enough and able to accommodate your more advanced registration workflow. We will make sure to pass on your kind words to the team. Thank you for choosing ClearEvent and for taking the time to leave such a positive review. We truly appreciate it! Happy planning!

DS

Daniella S.

Great

The staff is exceptional and always willing to help out, the application process seems like it has been easier for applicants, there have not been as many questions from applicants! The staff is always willing to accept opinions of the platform which is great because it shows that they want to continue to assist the users.

Pros

I love the quick responses from the customer service team, the demonstrations they send are extremely helpful. The application is quick and easy to put together. I like the idea of having online and offline payment options.

Cons

The only thing that I wish Clear Event had are a few other features to assist with the application. Such as enlarge, bold, underline and change text.

Thanks for taking the time to give us your impression Daniella. We wanted to let you know the ability to enlarge, bold, underline and change text is available. Someone from our support staff will be in touch directly to show you the feature.

RC

Rob C.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Very satisfied so far!

Pros

ClearEvent had the features I was looking for at a price that was affordable.

Cons

Having an interactive booth layout map where booths show as unavailable when taken would be helpful.

Hi Rob, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about ClearEvent! We're thrilled to hear that you're very satisfied with the features we offer at an affordable price. We appreciate your suggestion about having an interactive booth layout map. We're happy to let you know that this feature is currently on our product roadmap and we plan to implement it in the near future. We'll be sure to follow up with you once the feature is available, and we're confident that it will make your experience with ClearEvent even better. Thanks again for choosing ClearEvent, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further suggestions or feedback. Best regards, The ClearEvent Customer Success Team

JM

Jeannie M.

Events Services, 51-200 employees

Clearevent Review

Pros

Clearevent is a fabulous all-inclusive tool, with great customer service. The software truly helps to keep our team organized. It's ability to process online registrations and payments has really helped us improve our engagement with event vendors and participants.

Cons

There are few things not to like about the Clearevent software. Like any new tool, it takes time to train users (both myself, colleagues and event participants). The investment is worth it however.

Sharyn V.

Used other for 6-12 months

ClearEvent made planning our event a flawless experience!

Made planning our event a simple and very organized experience. Our event looked polished and no task fell through the cracks because everything is accounted for.

Pros

I had researched many other options before finally stumbling upon ClearEvent. Not only was it exactly what we needed but the customer service and responsiveness were top notch. Unlike most other platforms, you wait in a queue for days before getting your answers, ClearEvent responds almost immediately and the people you speak with are actually the developers with a passion for making you a success!

Cons

Can't think of one thing that I don't like about it. A few of our participants didn't want to actually have to "sign up" before accessing the portal but I'm confident that is coming shortly in a new release.

EK

Emily K.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Stellar customer service

The customer service has been outstanding in response and action. We have requested changes based on our needs, and this has been taken care of promptly. Any assistance with functionality has been incredibly professional yet friendly - this really helps when learning!

Pros

We manage multiple events, and this software allows us to view, manipulate and monitor each event separately.

Cons

We are still learning the software, but any limitations have been addressed and will be implemented in the future. Our support team member has been great in assisting with any work-arounds.

Thanks Emily! We're so glad you're enjoying the ClearEvent platform. We're always working to improve ClearEvent to make your experience better. Stay tuned, there's more good stuff coming soon! Cheers:)

MP

Melyssa P.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

Great product; Excellent customer service

ClearEvent helps us market our company events with ease. The system takes care of the bulk of the logistics, freeing up members on our team to focus on other aspects of the event. It's like having another employee at our disposal!

Pros

The software is easy to use for a novice-to-moderate computer user. I appreciate the support we get via chat and the help forums. The customer service is top-notch and the no. 1 reason why we continue to use this software.

Cons

Sometimes the features can be a bit overwhelming and difficult to discern which feature would be best implemented for the task at hand. Having said that, the customer support team is right there to partner with us and help us figure out the best features and the best way to use the software.

AN

Anastasia N.

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Wonderful having it all in one place!

The customer service with ClearEvent has been top notch! They have been responsive and shown a sincere interest in helping us accomplish our goals. We just recently switched to ClearEvent but so far are having a great experience! We are especially grateful for all of the features provided that are helping us run our events smoothly and with less effort!

Pros

I love the fact that Clear Event provides not only a professional registration experience for my attendees, but that it also includes software for event management (e.g. volunteer registration and job assignments, To Do lists, budgeting and more!).

Cons

It lacks a few of the features that my previous registration system had, but the pros outweigh the cons.