Polly Logo

AI-enabled productivity bot and employee engagement tool

Polly Reviews

Suggested alternatives

surveymonkey
jotform-4-0
typeform

Polly can be used as ice breakers, times to take a break during the day , fun ways to interact with the team & know each other better. Overall this is great tool to strengthen team morale.
Awesome way to quickly gauge interest in something from the whole team. I am able to allow multiple votes, have votes be anonymous, and integrate with slack super easily.
What I like most about this is that it is easy. But second, and maybe even more importantly, is that it is fun.
Restricted with customization for some sections and wording.
I've tried other options and have been frustrated.
I only discovered it recently unfortunately. Was initially confused between desktop and Slack use.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Poll made easy

We really like to use Polly. It's a very easy way to collect feedbacks on many area of our work. Not only with employees, but alos from customers etc.

Pros

We started using Polly some time ago. We have it integrated into Slack, which we use daily. We love to use poll for a lot of things : Employee Satisfaction, Review surveys, or any kind of Survey linked to our services and product. Our team for instance also uses it to collect user's feedback.

Cons

So far, nothing to say really. It really does it job as it is mostly used to creates polls.

Happy to hear that our native Slack integration is making it easy for you to collect feedback on diverse work aspects involving employees as well as customers :) If there's anything we can help you with, feel free to reach out to us at contact@polly.ai

LC

Liz C.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Call Center Agent Performance Checker

Polly helps keep us connected and get to know each other in a fun way since we are a 100% remote call center with agents all over the US. It also helps with employee reviews to include some direct quotes from others' feedback in coaching opportunities.

Pros

We love that it integrates so easily with Microsoft Teams and can be accessed with just one click.

Cons

We would like to be able to have a suggestion box open at all times so employees can leave comments at any time rather than when they are prompted to do so.

Thanks for the detailed review Liz, means a lot to us :) We do have a suggestion box open for all times features in Slack by the name of Open Forum (https://www.polly.ai/help/slack/open-forum-polly) but you are right, it's not available in Teams currently. In Teams you can use the Ask Me Anything (AMA) template and set the close date really really far while pinning the polly post. It isn't exactly the solution you had in mind but this could be a workaround. In the meantime, I am going to add this ask as part of the product feedback channel so the product folks can explore this further as part of future sprint planning

AD

Ashley D.

Civic & Social Organization, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Polly works wonderfully for Remote Trainings and Workshops

Overall, I have had a great experience with Polly. I forget how easy and fun it is and will remember to use it more during the remote trainings and workshop - it's a great and fun tool for engagement and facilitating questions from participants.

Pros

I love how easily Polly functions in Teams, from icebreakers, surveys, and polls - Polly is aesthetically pleasing, easy to use, and user-friendly (for both participant and facilitator).

Cons

I am not sure. I know one time I signed up for the free trial and then got charged because the site wouldn't allow me to end the trial. But I reached out to customer service and it was handled within a day.

Thanks for the review Ashley :) Great to know that Polly is enabling engagement in your remote trainings and workshops and our prompt customer support. We're here to make sure that our customers feel supported and enabled!

SI

Samantha I.

Fine

Pros

Easy and needed product. Its a good slack integration.

Cons

Ease of use and customizability. Not super intuitive and hard to find send options. And hard to add to channel

You are right Samantha, the customizations can come across as limited but it will be great if you can share what kind of customizations you had in mind, I would love to get back to you with what is possible. Regarding your comments around difficulty in sending options and adding channels, you can send a polly in the channel or as Polly DM to people in your workspace. I would want to take a closer look at the issues you faced so it will be great if you can share the details at contact@polly.ai

KH

Kathleen H.

Biotechnology, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Polly is an amazing survey tool!

Pros

I love how quick Polly is to use via Slack. There are plenty of options to make quick, but informative surveys.

Cons

There's nothing I don't like about Polly; except maybe the fact that I can't use it more.

Thanks for the review Kathleen :) Great to know that Polly is enabling quick engagement in Slack for your team!

RR

Rachel R.

Hospitality, 10,001+ employees

Great polling app that integrates with Slack

I've tried other options and have been frustrated. MS Teams Polls has very limited functionality. Google Forms means sending people somewhere else, and doesn't offer everything I was looking for. And other tools are just too complex. Polly offers what I wanted for my team with a very reasonable price tag (and a lot of functionality for free).

Pros

I love that I can create polls within Slack, where my team spends a lot of their time. I also like the scheduling and automation features; I don't have to set reminders for myself to nudge people to respond — Polly does it for me.

Cons

The UI for creating templates vs creating new polls is a bit confusing.

Exciting to hear that you're getting value out of our scheduling & automation features! We love it when using Polly reduces the manual work. Thanks for the UI improvement feedback Rachel, it's really helpful. If there's anything more you would like us to know, feel free to write to us at contact@polly.ai

AW

Asitha W.

Sports, 51-200 employees

Polly - Collaborating with teams is easier than you think

Before this we used to communicate through slack direct messages on which tasks to be picked up daily. Sometimes the communication doesn't happen due to time constraints which makes 2 people doing the same things without realising. After using polly which sends us the task list daily to our slack channel, we can vote for the tasks. This was appreciated by many when integrated.

Pros

Ability to create work delegation polls made our work lives easier. Basically it cut down our duplication work due to clear communication through polly. Statistics shows that we work faster because of this.

Cons

Yet to find something that I don't agree with Polly.

Thanks for the detailed review Asitha :) So glad to hear that Polly is making collaboration easier beyond expectations! We're all about simple, easy and quick feedback right within Slack!

Internet, 501-1,000 employees

Fun Slack integration for professional environments

Pros

Polly amazingly let's me survey my team of 30 individuals on Slack easily without the hassle of having to define what each emojis mean and then gives the result also in real time. It's similar to the LinkedIn polls feature but for Slack. Polly also has other functionality like, rating scales, custom questions, templates etc all designed to make life easy for surveys and engaging with your team.

Cons

I didnt like that the app doesnt remind folks in DM who are yet to fill the survey /poll.

Thanks for the review. Loving how you're making use of different question types! We do offer the reminders feature. You can send reminders from within Slack through the /polly remind command. It will show the ongoing pollys, select the polly you want to send the reminder for & it will be sent instantly. If you want to setup an auto reminder schedule as part of polly creation then the polly will have to be created through the web app dashboard. Here's a step by step guide around creating pollys through the web app. https://www.polly.ai/help/slack/creating-pollys-through-the-web-app Let me know if this helps.

LK

Lilja Karen K.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

The most helpful work tool

It makes my day, I get addicted to making people answer my polls.

Pros

The fact that I can ask my colleagues opinion on various things, what they feel like eating for lunch, if anyone has time to work on a last minute bookings etc. and am able to receive their answers at one place.

Cons

The fact that we have limited responses per month. If all employees answer my polls, I can only use this tool twice a month.

Thanks for the review Lilja, hearing that Polly makes your day just made our day :) We're here to make sure that our customers feel supported and enabled!

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Poll made fun

Pros

We have it linked to Slack. I use it at work to keep my colleague engaged. We can create polls going toward customer care and satisfaction, employee satisfaction, etc.

Cons

Nothing to say so far. It really keeps the job entertaining and helps the learning experience.

Loving that Polly is making polls fun for your team! Thanks for the review. Feel free to reach out to us at contact@polly.ai if you have any suggestions for us

Anissa B.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Mon outil de sondage interne

Je l'utilise souvent et j'en suis très satisfaite pour les sondages intégrés à Teams.

Pros

J'apprécie le fait de pouvoir l'intégrer avec Teams.

Cons

Parfois la personnalisation n'est pas si intuitive.

Showing original review in French. See translation

Thanks for the review Anissa :) Great to know that Polly is your chosen internal survey!

AT

Alexis T.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Polly helps us increase employee engagement

We love Polly, but using it so much we are running out of engagement topics so we would like to see more of those.

Pros

We love the trivia the most but wish more questions were added and would LOVE the ability to have custom trivia (I have heard this is on its way for a long time now).

Cons

During trivia, if multiple people are answering at the same time, it may not save one of their answers. Also, if someone votes on a survey multiple times it removes their vote but they often don't know it has been removed.

You're right Alexis, custom trivia has been an ask for a while now, no timeline on this feature as of now :( I have added your review as well to the ask so it adds more weight to it :) The issue you have mentioned about trivia answers not getting saved, this should definitely not be happening. It will be great if you could share some more details around it at contact@polly.ai & I'll get to it on priority. Lastly regarding the voting, if the polly is set to allow multiple votes then the multiple votes will be counted but you are right, if you click on what you have voted a second time, it "un-votes" the choice

KC

Kim C.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Great for what we need

The customer service is A+!

Pros

Polly is super easy to use and gets the results via Slack quickly. It's able to be scheduled and customized so it makes it pretty simple to crank out the surveys that are needed.

Cons

The UX is a bit clunky and I don't love the reporting (I wish there were ways to pull in multiple surveys into one export).

Thanks for the review Kim. It will be great if you can share some more details around what you were looking for as part of the reporting feature, we are always keen to improve the functionalities based on customer feedback. I recall a few other customers also asking for pulling in multiple surveys as part of one export, I've added this as part of the product feedback channel so the product folks can take a closer look at this requirement. Would love to hear more ideas/suggestions from you at contact@polly.ai P.S. Super happy to hear that you found our customer service A+, we hope to exceed our customers expectations everytime they interact with us

LK

Leeanne K.

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

You have got to give this a go...

Using Polly has reduced the amount of time required for some meetings as members can now use the Polly to vote.

Pros

This software is very easy to use and navigate. I am a novice computer user with limited knowledge and I was able to create my own Polly and add a comments section, I was so pleased with myself.

Cons

I have not been able to find anything I least like.

Thanks for the review Leeanne. Really happy to hear that Polly was easy to setup while making it efficient for you to gather feedback. If there's anything we can help you with, feel free to reach out to us at contact@polly.ai

JC

Juli C.

Internet, self-employed

Worked great to get our team on the same page.

Pros

Was an awesome automated way to get our whole team on the same page for standups and daily surveys on Slack.

Cons

We had a few errors pop up but overall we were pleased.

Happy to hear that Polly is working out well for you/your team :) Next run you run into any error, please reach out to us at contact@polly.ai & we'll make sure to sort it out for you instantly!

AC

Alfonso C.

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Polly makes it super easy to ask quick questions and get feedback

great tool for short questions, but not able to handle large surveys. Great for small teams.

Pros

Simple to use, and integrated with Slack. This made it super easy to ask questions like: where should the team go for lunch (pre pandemic) or when should our next happy hour be?

Cons

I did not like the limitations and difficulty with editing after sending a poll. Since the use cases are mostly casual, I would rather sacrifice some integrity of the polling system, but instead be able to make minor changes after a poll is sent.

Thanks for the detailed review Alfonso. We have fine tuned our editing feature quite a lot since last year, more around Editing can be found here https://www.polly.ai/help/slack/editing-a-published-poll-or-survey We would love to hear if there is anything more that you would like to see/do as part of this feature (or any other feature). Always keen to know how Polly can make it simpler for you :) We can be reached at contact@polly.ai

LC

Leteasha C.

Music, 51-200 employees

Polly Review - Monstercat

Pros

The ease of reading the data. The charts and graphs.

Cons

Trying to pull specific data points is a bit tricky.

Thanks for the feedback Leteasha. It will be great if you can share more details around the data points issue that you faced, I might be able to help you with a quick hack for it :) Here to help at contact@polly.ai

EM

Emerald M.

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Great for figuring out lunch options

Pros

We use ours to determine what to get for lunches and it works perfectly.

Cons

I haven’t run into anything that bothers me about Polly

Thanks for the review Emerald :) Great to know that Polly is enabling quick decisions for your lunch polls. We're here for all your feedback needs!

JC

Jennifer C.

Polly Overall Review

Pros

I like the ease of integrating it with Slack and the reminders we are able to send out to employees. They get notified right away or whenever we set the time, to complete a polly survey.

Cons

Nothing yet to say negatively about this software.

Thank you for the review Jennifer. It's awesome knowing that reminders are working out well for you!

AC

Alicia C.

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Great tool, would recommend!

Amazing tool!

Pros

What I like most about this software are the user experience and user interface. It's super intuitive and easy to use. I also like how customizable the tool is.

Cons

The software is a little pricey for our current needs and goals because the free plan limits us to only 25 responses per month. The number of responses included in the standard plan is more than what we need, so it would be nice if there was an in-between.

Thank you Alicia for the feedback on pricing. We regularly experiment with different price plans to see what drives value for our customers. Your input on this is of great significance & I'll add it to the existing feedback we have around pricing, thanks again for sharing :)

MS

Michael S.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Easy to Use, Does what it Does

Great app to use with Teams. Gets me the information I need to proceed with either important tasks or mundane ones.

Pros

Easy to set up, serves for the way I use it and make things easier for me.

Cons

Have not used the app extensively to identify issues. As a basic user, none that I can think of.

Thanks for the review Michael, happy to hear that Polly is helping you with your information processing needs :) If there's anything we can help you out with, feel free to reach out to us at contact@polly.ai Happy Polly-ing :)

PL

Philipp L.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

One of the most useful integrations for Slack in modern companys!

I am working in a mostly remote company (who doesn't today) and this let's me get feedback, collect information and prepare meetings as well as events in a quick and in a what feels to my colleagues as a rather informal way.

Pros

I really like the simple integration to Slack where I use polly the most. With the templates you can start rather quick without having to spend a lot of time "learning a new tool (again)". I am currently using the free plan with 25 responses a month. It's a great way to test not only the tool itself but also how your colleagues respond to it.

Cons

Actually nothing really at this point in time. At some point I might want to start using the tool to its full potential where the learning curve might flatten.

Thank you so much for the amazing review Philipp. If there is anything we can help you with, anything at all, please let us know at contact@polly.ai

RK

Rajesh K.

Information Technology and Services, 10,001+ employees

Polly Review

Employee engagement benefited - team collaboration improved - I quite like this tool

Pros

Polly integrates well with Slack and Teams, and is extremely useful in collecting feedback in real time. Very useful for getting quick surveys from distributed teams.

Cons

Polly is perfect for what it was designed for

Thanks for the review Rajesh :) Glad to know that Polly is enabling your distributed team by collecting real time feedback. If there's anything we can help you with, feel free to reach out at contact@polly.ai

DE

Dehn E.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Easy to implement Slack surveys to get feedback from team members.

Use Polly to create fast polling and surveys in Slack.

Pros

Integration with Slack for quick surveys.

Cons

None at this time. Integrates intuitively with Slack.

Thanks for the review Dehn! It's great knowing that we're making it easy for you to gather feedback :) Happy Polly-ing!

CT

Cindy T.

Information Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Excellent for getting feedback on ideas and plans

excellent

Pros

I like that it is super simple to assemble a poll or ask for feedback with simple choices... I also really like the allow comments feature.

Cons

no cons found yet... seems to be working quite well

Thank you so much for the review Cindy. Really happy to hear that polly is enabling your ideas/plans cycle. If there's anything we can help you with, feel free to reach out to us at contact@polly.ai