RockSolid MAX Logo

RockSolid MAX

Affordable and easy-to-use POS software helps retailers grow

RockSolid MAX Reviews

3.9

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.06/10

Reviews by rating

One of the many great features of Rocksolid Max is the path of navigation is pretty much the same in every category. So it makes the software very user friendly for not so technical savvy personnel.
Save money, save time (which is money), save headaches. This is the easiest system to learn, no matter how old a person is.
Worst Point of Sale software I have ever used.

BG

Brandon G.

Retail, 1-10 employees

RockSolid MAX is helping transform our business

Throughout the process of selection, preparation, implementation, and post-implementation we have nothing but positive interactions with the ECi team. Our project team was really fantastic and engaged. They also helped keep us on task and moving forward to hit the go-live date. I have been very happy with the entirety of the project.

Pros

There are numerous aspects of the software that we love: Barcode support, A/R functionality, document management, inventory management. Overall the software is fairly intuitive and easy to use. We are improving daily with our understanding and capabilities. Overall, the pro's significantly outweigh any cons we've encountered. I would definitely recommend this software as it has some very cool functionality we are easing ourselves into now that we've made the transition.

Cons

So with any out of the box solution, there are going to be challenges. For us there are a couple that were frustrating. First, after an invoice has been processed there can be no changes to it. For example you make a sale to a credit account and the person making the purchase omits the PO#. There is no way to update that field after the fact. Instead you must back the entire transaction out and do it all over. The other challenge are the canned reports. They cover 50% of what we would want to see, in other cases we need to use Crystal Reports. While Crystal reports does work, it is a bit clunky and not very intuitive. So you need to invest time in learning and training on how to use it (we did so with a bunch of online videos which were publicly available).

NS

Neil S.

I couldn't be happier

I've found Rocksolid Max to be very feature rich and does exactly what I need it to do. I'll admit that this is the only proper POS system I've used in this industry (my company switched from Quickbooks Online to RSM) but after about a year with the software I won't be looking for a replacement any time soon.

Pros

I've found the program to be responsive and easy to use once you get the hang of the layout. In general it's had all the features I've needed and more and I have to say my customer service experience has be A+.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve, but I would say this is true with any powerful business software and I didn't feel that it was excessive with this product.

DB

DAVID B.

Building Materials, 11-50 employees

Rock Solid Max-- cumbersome

As a daily user of POS software, I was asked to evaluate the new RockSolid Max program. Let me say that I have used POS software, in one format or another, for nearly 30 years. First as a manager for GTE Wireless (now Verizon), next with a major restaurant chain (Shoneys), then with the largest auto parts distributor in the world (Autozone) and now with Manatee Lumber (a member of Do It Best, billed...

Pros

Apparently, this review won't be accepted unless I find something I liked most about this system. Try as I might, I can't think of a single thing.

Cons

Most incredibly awkward and time consuming POS program I have ever used.

SW

Sharon W.

Easy to learn

I think all in all, they have a great software program for our hardware store. It fits us well without breaking the bank.

Pros

I am fortunate that I get to use both sides of the system. The POS and Roman. Both sides are easy to navigate. The inventory control is fabulous! Especially helpful when you are trying to do your weekly order. You scan something with the handheld and your inventory number for that item is right in front of you. You can do this quickly and make any corrections if necessary right then and there. It saves you time. In Roman, the ease of printing and or emailing monthly statements is wonderful! Easy program to keep track of our customer accounts. Also like the availability of useful reports to keep track of your business.

Cons

I wish at times it was quicker to get in touch with someone regarding an issue. Sometimes, you would like an answer right away to free yourself up to move on to the next thing. But, all in all, I DO LIKE the system! There isn't a perfect system out there, they all have their quirks now and again. If someone is turned off by these little bumps in the road here and there, then they are NOT being realistic. When you do get in touch with someone, they know what they are doing and take care of your issue completely! They get the job done and correctly! No complaints with their expertise, that's for sure.

TS

Travis S.

Organized Inventory and POS

A great tool to manage inventory, and keep track of all the retail operations. A solid POS, and very user friendly once setup.

Pros

Very customizable with permissions and reporting; POS GUI for a typical cashier is as straight forward as possible and user friendly with minimal training; Excellent inventory organization

Cons

The offline application could be much more integrated and seamless; Set up and deployment was rough due to using own firewall, little help was offered

LR

Loy R.

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

Loy's Review

Fair - no one wants to help with Crystal Reports - everyone will just pass buck or say we really don't do that...

Pros

Ease of use and ease of training others.

Cons

no pick ticket option. No real way of delivering goods and showing what is on hand vs. on back order. Should have a pick ticket version that converts to order. No way to modify an order after complete, should always be able to modify then generate invoicing after 5:00. Receiving is clunky, need a simple on order vs received at this time. Have to dig a lot to find answer to receiving. Need an option to reprint invoices in bulk or transmit, currently sends in separate pdf's.

LR

Laura R.

Happy with Rocksolid Max

Overall I am pretty happy with Rocksolid. I believe we all like it much better than the software we were using beforehand. We also like the people we have worked with from implementation to daily issues.

Pros

Over time I have noticed that Rocksolid seems to be making my job less time-consuming. I am pretty happy with it overall.

Cons

There have been a few times that we have had issues that we have reported and did not get an answer other than they were working on it for months.

DH

David H.

Rock Max Review

Once we have learned to operate the system, we do like it. But it has been challenging.

Pros

The POS system and the reports generated

Cons

You make changes and do everything the hardest way possible. It takes FOREVER to get appropriate support. When we have a question we should be able to get immediate help instead of waiting days for a response. It's very frustrating. I am waiting for a return call right now.

CM

CR M.

IMOC Building Supplies

Pros

It is very user friendly, and also easy to learn to use. The support/training team goes out of their way to make sure you know what you are doing and you are setup for success.

Cons

It is a little back on forth between pages/tabs to get the information you need, but it is not a big issue. Once you learn where to find what your looking for it is a breeze.

AC

Angel C.

Ok POS Sytem.

Just feels like they want t get as much money out of the customer as they can with added features that cost extra, which are part of most POS Systems basic package.

Pros

RockSolid is a reliable software with very few glitches. Uptime is high. Easy to learn and operate.

Cons

Important features needed for margins not available. Can not enter more than one product at a time. Does not have a tool to import items.

MS

Misty S.

Retail, 11-50 employees

This is a powerful program with features we need to adapt too

Easier training for new employees. Non inventory items are easier to track without adding or deleting from current inventory. We were the first to use the Repeat Rewards with Rockmaxx and it was great to work with the support team. All customer service has been great with our ups and downs. To realize we have come so far in 6 months is unbelievable. All sales and customer service reps have followed up with our issues. We have felt like they are one of us when a new issue arrives. I feel we have a lot more to learn with this program due to it's size. A few employees have gone back to the training videos to dig in deeper. As with all programs the more you want to learn the easier it is to use

Pros

Look up features are very user friendly if unsure of the correct name for item you can search with minimum effort Easy use for non tech employees. Can remote in to system off site. Price point. Automatic updates with the cloud based system. No more scheduling these Automatic backup no expensive server and IT to ensure this is completed.

Cons

These cons are base on using Rock Solid for 13 years. Task takes multiple windows to complete verse all on one window. Report program had to purchase another program to receive all reports Time clock not within another program needed for employees More steps and windows to complete an easy inventory fix. No hand held device to scan and print labels as with Rocksolid

Le

Larry e.

rock solid max

Rock solid pos and rock solid roman were much better for overall point of sale, inventory and ordering, Rock solid max i think needs a major overhaul.

Pros

There is nothing about this product that i like.

Cons

time out way too frequently, including during a sale, should default to sales not to cash or customer name, too much waste of time, items jumps lines when changing quantity ,necessitating the constant checking of the ticket to be sure it is correct, on large orders cannot print a complete ticket,

At ECI, we take customer satisfaction and reviews of our software very seriously. After reading this review, we immediately reached out to Lumber Direct to understand Larry's concerns and try to help him with the software. When we called the store and talked to the owner, Misty Stenger we were advised that Larry was a disgruntled employee who is no longer with their company. Misty said that she is...

KA

Kyle A.

Converted from no POS to full POS implementation

RockSolid Max lets me have total control over my inventory and see what direction my sales are heading. This is crucial for retail.

Pros

The features allow for total control of the system. The interfaces are user-friendly. The more time you spend in the system, the more you learn what it can do.

Cons

Integration was tricky at times. Going from no POS to a POS system came with it's own hurdles. At times, I was confusing to know who to contact if something went wrong.

JF

Jay F.

Used other for 2+ years

We have the system for over 15 years. We operated 3 hardware stores on a multi-store platform. We are now operate 1 store with 9 employees.

The Rock Solid system in our True Value hardware store allows my wife and I to travel and still have the controls necessary to conduct our business , even remotely.

Pros

The system is efficient. We handle about 250 customers per day with 2 point-of-sale units and 2 extra terminals on the sales floor and 2 in the office. We process 80% of our sales on credit cards with the new Cayan system which also is very efficient. We have house charge accounts who receive emailed invoices and statements. The reports are plentiful and the support from True Value is experienced and thorough. We utilize the employee time clock and all our employees find the system easy to operate and with our cable internet provider, quick.

Cons

I am happy to say that I cannot think of any "cons". The original system was developed by a computer person for a hardware store owner. The 2 guys then formed Rock Solid and further advanced the POS structure to make it available to retail hardware, garden centers and rental facilities in our industry. Please feel free to call me for any further information. Jay Feinsod 914-447-5935

DR

Douglas R.

Don't do it!

Pros

Cloud Based instead of having a server on site

Cons

everything about this software is not for the advance Hardware store operations.

Hi Douglas, We are sorry to hear that you have struggled with your switch to RockSolid MAX, especially since you had been an ECI customer on our original RockSolid product for so many years. We realize that it can take some time to get used to a new system, but we would really like the chance to make it better for you and your team. We are escalating your concern to your account rep and our professional services team to reach out directly and understand more about your concerns. Again, we hope to make things right for you and Hudson's Hardware.

DC

Debi C.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Its been a game changer for us!

The software has allowed us to solve our issues with sales reports, managing inventory and data storage. Since we have gone live, the technical support and training we have received has been outstanding.

Pros

Easy to use and implement. We are more efficient and its helped us bring down operating costs for mailing statements, finding and copying paper invoices and managing our inventory.

Cons

Integration was a little more difficult than what was to be expected.

FK

Fred K.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Worst Point of Sale software I have ever used.

This would have been an ok system 20 years ago. I had a competitors system, switched to Rock Solid, and decided to switch back after 10 months. When inquiring with support on features all but once I was informed our system cannot do that. Support was decent, except I was on hold close to supporting hours ending when the recording stated "support hours have ended please call again tomorrow" and hung up on me. I was furious since the system was locked up I could not even run a customer purchase. I would not recommend this system for an advanced user. I would compare ECI software Windows 98, years behind everyone else. The reason I gave ECI one star is because I could not give it zero stars.

Pros

Cons

So many things you cannot do. ie email a purchase order, re email an invoice or run a receiving report for goods received. Takes too many steps to accomplish a task such as looking up an item with an unknown stock number.

mz

mark z.

upgrade

was a major upgrade for us. it was way past due should of switched to rock solid years ago

Pros

easy to learn software. easier to keep track of GP% on products. Credit card processing 100% better then what I had. cost of running the system is way less then wht I had been paying.

Cons

trying to figure something out on your own.

DS

Diane S.

Farming, 1-10 employees

Waste of money.

Waste of your money

Pros

Had great reports and end of day features. It was easy to check out customers and fairly easy to enter purchase orders.

Cons

Did not keep inventory correctly and could not get technical help. Everytime we had a problem we were told that their system had never done this before.

PS

Peter S.

Satisfied Long Term User of Rock Solid

Be confident in the software and the customer service/follow up. As a user i have never felt isolated. There is a strong desire within ECI to get feedback from the users and incorporate individual needs into the software where possible to the benefit of the users.

Pros

Its easy and logical to use and teach to new staff members. Down time is effectively zero and when issues have arisen customer support has been superb. Essentially we can forget about the system and concentrate on our customers. The system is flexible to my business and even has the ability to structure reports for my individual needs.

Cons

Its nice to say that its hard to think of a negative. If there is a down side to the system i have yet to find it!

VS

Velva S.

Rocksolid max

Pros

its more suitable for hardware and lumber stores

Cons

can't be used if the server is not working or down

BM

Brian M.

Building Materials, 11-50 employees

POS roulette

As a new business our old systems (Palidin/RMS) could not full support our business. We do a lot of custom special orders, on top of 22,000 items in stock and RockSolid Max efficiently monitors it all. With a very minor learning curve, RockSolid Max has met our standard in what we expect from a POS system.

Pros

This software is state-of-the-art, and has a lot of perks as well as checks and balances. We have had 4 other POS systems that did not support our business model and were not customizable. Rocksolid Max met our unique needs very well. The customer support is great. If or when I needs something there is a live agent, who speaks clearly and intelligently to address me and my issue(s).

Cons

The navigation takes a little bit of time to learn, but makes sense after a few weeks of usage. The bill pay, and applying orders to accounts or payments is a bit of a workload- but follows the check nd balances system, making it cumbersome, but manageable.

TI

Terry I.

Almost 2 years in and not totally convinced yet

We are committed to Rocksolid Max but the learning curve has been extremely steep

Pros

The actual point of sale function works awesome! The options and functionality available are a huge step above our old software.

Cons

The inability to reverse mistakes. The integration with our accounting software has been brutal. Availability of training for the software seems to be lacking.

AA

Archie A.

Very Satisfied

Pros

One of the many great features of Rocksolid Max is the path of navigation is pretty much the same in every category . So it makes the software very user friendly for not so technical savvy personnel. Also it has saved much time in purchasing and receiving inventory/orders do to being able to pull data from one document to the next.

Cons

Sometimes with the software being cloud based, the sever can glitch and then in tern it makes your POS system go down until the server comes back.

MO

Megan O.

Necessary upgrade

Good Product overall

Pros

Helped convert us from push-button registers to point of sale, and digitized our Accounts Receivable.

Cons

Not user friendly for longtime staff. (Typing-intensive and database management heavy, neither of which is intuitive in our 75+ year old store.) Presents continual staff mgmt and training needs.