All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

RockSolid MAX

Affordable and easy-to-use POS software helps retailers grow

visit website

RockSolid MAX Reviews

Pros

Save money, save time (which is money), save headaches. This is the easiest system to learn, no matter how old a person is.

Susan T.

Read the full review
I like the price and value proposition. They have great customer service.

Nobre A.

Read the full review
The actual point of sale function works awesome. The options and functionality available are a huge step above our old software.

Terry I.

Terry I.

Read the full review
Worst Point of Sale software I have ever used.

Fred K.

Read the full review
But the initial frustration wasn’t done. A box was highlighted on the sales screen, indicating that you were ready to make a sale.

DAVID B.

3.6

This is a powerful program with features we need to adapt too

Easier training for new employees. Non inventory items are easier to track without adding or deleting from current inventory. We were the first to use the Repeat Rewards with Rockmaxx and it was great to work with the support team. All customer service has been great with our ups and downs. To realize we have come so far in 6 months is unbelievable. All sales and customer service reps have followed up with our issues. We have felt like they are one of us when a new issue arrives. I feel we have a lot more to learn with this program due to it's size. A few employees have gone back to the training videos to dig in deeper. As with all programs the more you want to learn the easier it is to use

Pros

Look up features are very user friendly if unsure of the correct name for item you can search with minimum effort Easy use for non tech employees. Can remote in to system off site. Price point. Automatic updates with the cloud based system. No more scheduling these Automatic backup no expensive server and IT to ensure this is completed.

Cons

These cons are base on using Rock Solid for 13 years. Task takes multiple windows to complete verse all on one window. Report program had to purchase another program to receive all reports Time clock not within another program needed for employees More steps and windows to complete an easy inventory fix. No hand held device to scan and print labels as with Rocksolid

Easy to learn

I think all in all, they have a great software program for our hardware store. It fits us well without breaking the bank.

Pros

I am fortunate that I get to use both sides of the system. The POS and Roman. Both sides are easy to navigate. The inventory control is fabulous! Especially helpful when you are trying to do your weekly order. You scan something with the handheld and your inventory number for that item is right in front of you. You can do this quickly and make any corrections if necessary right then and there. It saves you time. In Roman, the ease of printing and or emailing monthly statements is wonderful! Easy program to keep track of our customer accounts. Also like the availability of useful reports to keep track of your business.

Cons

I wish at times it was quicker to get in touch with someone regarding an issue. Sometimes, you would like an answer right away to free yourself up to move on to the next thing. But, all in all, I DO LIKE the system! There isn't a perfect system out there, they all have their quirks now and again. If someone is turned off by these little bumps in the road here and there, then they are NOT being realistic. When you do get in touch with someone, they know what they are doing and take care of your issue completely! They get the job done and correctly! No complaints with their expertise, that's for sure.

Ok POS Sytem.

Just feels like they want t get as much money out of the customer as they can with added features that cost extra, which are part of most POS Systems basic package.

Pros

RockSolid is a reliable software with very few glitches. Uptime is high. Easy to learn and operate.

Cons

Important features needed for margins not available. Can not enter more than one product at a time. Does not have a tool to import items.

We have the system for over 15 years. We operated 3 hardware stores on a multi-store platform. We are now operate 1 store with 9 employees.

The Rock Solid system in our True Value hardware store allows my wife and I to travel and still have the controls necessary to conduct our business , even remotely.

Pros

The system is efficient. We handle about 250 customers per day with 2 point-of-sale units and 2 extra terminals on the sales floor and 2 in the office. We process 80% of our sales on credit cards with the new Cayan system which also is very efficient. We have house charge accounts who receive emailed invoices and statements. The reports are plentiful and the support from True Value is experienced and thorough. We utilize the employee time clock and all our employees find the system easy to operate and with our cable internet provider, quick.

Cons

I am happy to say that I cannot think of any "cons". The original system was developed by a computer person for a hardware store owner. The 2 guys then formed Rock Solid and further advanced the POS structure to make it available to retail hardware, garden centers and rental facilities in our industry. Please feel free to call me for any further information. Jay Feinsod 914-447-5935

IMOC Building Supplies

Pros

It is very user friendly, and also easy to learn to use. The support/training team goes out of their way to make sure you know what you are doing and you are setup for success.

Cons

It is a little back on forth between pages/tabs to get the information you need, but it is not a big issue. Once you learn where to find what your looking for it is a breeze.

Rocksolid max

Pros

its more suitable for hardware and lumber stores

Cons

can't be used if the server is not working or down

Satisfied Long Term User of Rock Solid

Be confident in the software and the customer service/follow up. As a user i have never felt isolated. There is a strong desire within ECI to get feedback from the users and incorporate individual needs into the software where possible to the benefit of the users.

Pros

Its easy and logical to use and teach to new staff members. Down time is effectively zero and when issues have arisen customer support has been superb. Essentially we can forget about the system and concentrate on our customers. The system is flexible to my business and even has the ability to structure reports for my individual needs.

Cons

Its nice to say that its hard to think of a negative. If there is a down side to the system i have yet to find it!

Rock Solid Max-- cumbersome

As a daily user of POS software, I was asked to evaluate the new RockSolid Max program. Let me say that I have used POS software, in one format or another, for nearly 30 years. First as a manager for GTE Wireless (now Verizon), next with a major restaurant chain (Shoneys), then with the largest auto parts distributor in the world (Autozone) and now with Manatee Lumber (a member of Do It Best, billed...

Pros

Apparently, this review won't be accepted unless I find something I liked most about this system. Try as I might, I can't think of a single thing.

Cons

Most incredibly awkward and time consuming POS program I have ever used.

Almost 2 years in and not totally convinced yet

We are committed to Rocksolid Max but the learning curve has been extremely steep

Pros

The actual point of sale function works awesome! The options and functionality available are a huge step above our old software.

Cons

The inability to reverse mistakes. The integration with our accounting software has been brutal. Availability of training for the software seems to be lacking.

rock solid max

Rock solid pos and rock solid roman were much better for overall point of sale, inventory and ordering, Rock solid max i think needs a major overhaul.

Pros

There is nothing about this product that i like.

Cons

time out way too frequently, including during a sale, should default to sales not to cash or customer name, too much waste of time, items jumps lines when changing quantity ,necessitating the constant checking of the ticket to be sure it is correct, on large orders cannot print a complete ticket,

At ECI, we take customer satisfaction and reviews of our software very seriously. After reading this review, we immediately reached out to Lumber Direct to understand Larry's concerns and try to help him with the software. When we called the store and talked to the owner, Misty Stenger we were advised that Larry was a disgruntled employee who is no longer with their company. Misty said that she is...

POS roulette

As a new business our old systems (Palidin/RMS) could not full support our business. We do a lot of custom special orders, on top of 22,000 items in stock and RockSolid Max efficiently monitors it all. With a very minor learning curve, RockSolid Max has met our standard in what we expect from a POS system.

Pros

This software is state-of-the-art, and has a lot of perks as well as checks and balances. We have had 4 other POS systems that did not support our business model and were not customizable. Rocksolid Max met our unique needs very well. The customer support is great. If or when I needs something there is a live agent, who speaks clearly and intelligently to address me and my issue(s).

Cons

The navigation takes a little bit of time to learn, but makes sense after a few weeks of usage. The bill pay, and applying orders to accounts or payments is a bit of a workload- but follows the check nd balances system, making it cumbersome, but manageable.

Save money! Save time! Buy RockSolid!

Pros

RockSolid is the easiest system to learn and use while saving tons of money on support - real support! The system saves us so much time that we now can do a better job of servicing our customers! Not only are we saving money on the support, we are saving money on supplies and time! We can do our jobs so much faster now. Ordering; receiving; accounts receivable; end of day, month, and year reports;...

Cons

I really have nothing that I don't like about this system or vendor!

Very Satisfied

Pros

One of the many great features of Rocksolid Max is the path of navigation is pretty much the same in every category . So it makes the software very user friendly for not so technical savvy personnel. Also it has saved much time in purchasing and receiving inventory/orders do to being able to pull data from one document to the next.

Cons

Sometimes with the software being cloud based, the sever can glitch and then in tern it makes your POS system go down until the server comes back.

Necessary upgrade

Good Product overall

Pros

Helped convert us from push-button registers to point of sale, and digitized our Accounts Receivable.

Cons

Not user friendly for longtime staff. (Typing-intensive and database management heavy, neither of which is intuitive in our 75+ year old store.) Presents continual staff mgmt and training needs.

We enjoy working with Rocksolid Max

The people behind it are great to work with.

Pros

The process of quoting, then converting the quote to an order (both customer order, and PO), and then finalizing it with a sell is easy and efficient.

Cons

The reports for inventory and receivables, there are not very many options, and you can't customize them.

Wonderful product

Our experience has been wonderful. No problems to speak of.

Pros

The ease of using the product. The folder tabs that you can have show on any screen that you are working in.

Cons

Reports...I wish you didn't have to purchase an outside report maker in order to do specific reports that you want.

The best short and long term investment any business owner can make.

Really just the best all around system. Rocksolid has saved me Tens of thousands of dollars in the past in saved workers, JIT inventory and so so many more ways.

Pros

Rocksolid is simple, easy accurate and dependable. When/if it breaks down (CSR) will fix it. EVERYTIME. There is not enough I can say about this system after 12 years of use. It always exceeds my expectation, and the people are exceptional.

Cons

Everything is the best. No short comings. I would like to access my rocksolid computers through my phone though.

Don't do it!

Pros

Cloud Based instead of having a server on site

Cons

everything about this software is not for the advance Hardware store operations.

Hi Douglas, We are sorry to hear that you have struggled with your switch to RockSolid MAX, especially since you had been an ECI customer on our original RockSolid product for so many years. We realize that it can take some time to get used to a new system, but we would really like the chance to make it better for you and your team. We are escalating your concern to your account rep and our professional services team to reach out directly and understand more about your concerns. Again, we hope to make things right for you and Hudson's Hardware.

Overall, it has been a sound investment in the efficiency of our company

Pros

The cloud based format, integration with Orgill, fairly simple learning process

Cons

Online help is difficult to search/navigate, responses from tech support is very slow (they have a solution, it just takes a while to get it

Worst Point of Sale software I have ever used.

This would have been an ok system 20 years ago. I had a competitors system, switched to Rock Solid, and decided to switch back after 10 months. When inquiring with support on features all but once I was informed our system cannot do that. Support was decent, except I was on hold close to supporting hours ending when the recording stated "support hours have ended please call again tomorrow" and hung up on me. I was furious since the system was locked up I could not even run a customer purchase. I would not recommend this system for an advanced user. I would compare ECI software Windows 98, years behind everyone else. The reason I gave ECI one star is because I could not give it zero stars.

Pros

Cons

So many things you cannot do. ie email a purchase order, re email an invoice or run a receiving report for goods received. Takes too many steps to accomplish a task such as looking up an item with an unknown stock number.

Waste of money.

Waste of your money

Pros

Had great reports and end of day features. It was easy to check out customers and fairly easy to enter purchase orders.

Cons

Did not keep inventory correctly and could not get technical help. Everytime we had a problem we were told that their system had never done this before.

Greenville Hardware Implementation

This product was introduced to us at a trade show. We knew immediately that this would be the POS that we would choose. Purchasing was a breeze. Shipping was fast. Implementation was smooth. Training was amazing with rep. ( Wonder Woman)

Pros

Ease of use. Document handling. Inventory control. Ordering capabilities.

Cons

We have no issues with the software, works flawlessly.

Much better than your pos software

i cant think of anything else that this company could provide in this budget friendly software. they take care of all most all those thing which are hard to integrate such as cloud computing, point to sale, inventory and credit card information.

Pros

mobile connectivity and special order handling are among the best features they are having as well as easily integrated with majority of those accounting solutions. it is one of the convenient software till the date can be proved had you not know about it till now.

Cons

there are only some features i don't prefer are troubleshooting which should last for few minutes, but that doesn't make this software not worth it. in fact their trained staff try their best to train you in 10 classes a week to teach you.

Easy Breezy

Pros

The product is easy to use. We can add on what we need easily. When I have questions, I get a quick response.

Cons

The add ons are easy, but for a new shoestring budget start-up, the cost of the add ons can add up.

Software Advice saved the day with NonProfitEasy

Pros

They have very helpful support, and it has great functionality. We are still learning all it can do!

Cons

So far we've liked everything! We are still experimenting with options and rolling them out slowly.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.