Silent Auction Pro Reviews

User ratings

4.8

• Likelihood to recommend9.57/10

See full reviews by rating

Excellence experience, great customer support and wonderful tutorials and training features.
The one thing that impressed both my co-chair and I was the amazing customer support. The people we spoke to knew their product and provided the help we needed.
The best feature of Silent Auction Pro is the support. I also loved the ease of sending communications to our bidders.
I had some trouble using the messaging features like emails. Hard time getting it formatted the way I wanted it and it lost some of our graphics after posting.
They had horrible customer service and wanted to know WAY to much personal information about me in order to open an account. But that isn't Silent Auction Pro's fault.
If you are looking for a platform on which to manage your silent or live auction – onsite or virtual – look no further.

MS

Mary S.

Coordinator of Advancement

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

A happy client!

Transcript

Mary S.: Hi, my name is Mary. I'm coordinator of advancement. I give Silent Auction Pro a five-star rating....

LT

Lauren T.

Intuitive System and Amazing Customer Service

We needed software to hold an in-person auction fundraiser event with only mobile/online bidding (so not to have to deal with paper bids, entering bids, etc. After researching other companies and piloting several "free trials", we decided to go with Silent Auction Pro because it offered all of the tools that we needed at a price that was much less than the nearest competitor. As the Auction Administrator,...

JM

Jennifer M.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

A Stellar Experience with Silent Auction Pro!

I have just recently organized my first charity auction fundraiser using Silent Auction Pro. As a complete novice, I found tremendous value in their free whitepaper full of incredibly helpful best practices for organizing auctions. We evaluated three software programs and went with Silent Auction Pro because it completely met our needs at a very reasonable price. It was available in several components...

Pros

The biggest (HUGE) benefit of working with Silent Auction Pro is that they are real, actual people that pick up the phone!!!!! Every time I called for questions or help, I spoke with a handful of extremely helpful, skilled experts in the software that walked me through every step of the way. This customer service is head and shoulders above any I have ever experienced before! They went over and above my expectations!

Cons

I can honestly say I can't offer any negatives. It exceeded my expectations in every way.

TD

Tiffany D.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Great Customer Service

They know what they are doing and have their team is also very knowledgeable. They will also help you with suggestions and ideas to enhance your event!

Pros

The team at Silent Auction Pro truly wants your event to be successful. They are alaways available by phone or email, and while their website has fabulous tutorials, they are also fabulous in providing you hands on support.

Cons

I would like to see more analysis reports

ML

Marissa L.

Education Management, self-employed

Wonderful Product!

It was great! This year everything went off without a hitch. It worked beautifully and was easy to use. I definitely recommend Silent Auction Pro.

Pros

My kids school does an annual auction to raise money for the PTO. I am a parent volunteer that is the chair for the school auction. This year we switched from another company to Silent Auction Pro and it has been night and day. Silent Auction Pro is very easy to use and it looks great. I am very happy with my decision to change to Silent Auction Pro.

Cons

To be honest I can't think of anything that I didn't like. It was easy to use and if I had a question my contact at Silent Auction Pro was very quick to respond and walk me through it.

Thank you for your review, Marissa! We're so happy to hear your event was a success, and we look forward to working with you again.

Utilities,

Used other for 2+ years

Using SAP for silent auction for a Non-Profit group.

Saves us so much time. Used to use excel and mail merge to create bid sheets. Then had to enter results into a shared Sheet. Checkout took a lot longer since had to search the sheet. Also never had an online presence before so this gives us access to more people.

Pros

Using this tool enables us to reach more people. I also like that checkout takes a lot less time and the customers like getting a receipt. The ability to print and check all the items from a donation or auction item perspective is so helpful when setting up. I also like the email feature so we can send messages to our patrons and Thank you notes to our donors. The ability to text winning bid status is fun too. Having the patrons credit card information helps make check out a breeze even if they are not present at the time of close out of the auction.

Cons

Minor glitches with downloading to excel if you use that option. Easy to clean up though. There is a lot to learn to get going with the software but once you understand it, it is easy to use and the customer service is excellent.

MM

Misty M.

Events Services, 51-200 employees

Organized Entire Event from Start to Finish

I love the fact that the software is always adding new features! They have an extensive Help section and support is always available! Priced great with the option to use the software as many times as you would like within the year! I would highly recommend this software to anyone planning a fundraising event.

Pros

Our group has used the software for an annual event for almost 10 years. The developers continually add new features to enhance the experience for the guest as well as those working to produce the event! We started as Bidsheet customers and now LOVE the Mobile platforms!! They are so easy to use, even for those who are technologically challenged. We have seen our proceeds grow year after year and can attribute that to the ease of use and features available to encourage bidding and donations. Love the fact that support is always available!!

Cons

The only challenge ever was wi-fi at a live event. This isn’t the fault of the software though and with careful planning we alleviated that issue.

CG

Crystal G.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Very Responsive Customer Service & Support

We started using SilentAuction Pro during covid for our annual art auction fundraiser. This year we made it a hybrid event (online bidding but viewing the art in person). This helped us keep the supporters we picked up when we were fully online and allow folks to view the auction items in person. It turned out great and we learned a lot on how to do it even better next time.

Pros

The instant log in link. The messaging module. The ability to have multiple photos and video.

Cons

The menu can be challenging to get used to/navigate.

Hi Crystal - thank you for the review! FYI - we will be offering an alternate menu option in a couple months that will be task based and should be much more intuitive!

GV

Ginny V.

Nonprofit Organization Management, self-employed

Silent Auction Pro has exponentially increased our elementary school auction profit!

Savings of time, money and energy! A huge increase in profit over the last several years!

Pros

Silent Auction Pro makes the auction process seamless. Our school auction has gone from completely paper based, to silent auction with software, and then to mobile bidding over the past four years. Silent Auction Pro walked us through this process, helping us through each transition. The customer support we received was phenomenal. Their staff even looked for any issues and contacted me with assistance! In addition, we price compared several other similar services, and Silent Auction Pro was very cost competitive!

MJ

Michelle J.

Perfect for our church auction

Our silent auction had been paper based for two years and we decided to take it to a web-based platform this year. It was a risk, but we did our research and reached out to three different companies for demos. The team from Silent Auction Pro was fantastic and answered all of our questions during the demo and post demo. Once we decided they were the right company for us - we got to work with set...

SR

Sandy R.

Music, 1-10 employees

The Perfect Solution for Us

Our guests LOVED the capability to do this and we raised DOUBLE out best year ever! THAT was truly amazing and we are so pleased with our decision to use SAP!

Pros

The software allowed us to do pretty much accomplish all of our goals for our auction. It streamlined both the bidding and the redemption portions of the auction which are the most time consuming. It went without a hitch at the event and we were beyond pleased with how it went and the amazing results!

Cons

We really did not dislike anything! Once we understood how it was structured, it was super easy to use and implement. We expected a learning curve, so that was not a surprise.

RK

Rachel K.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Silent Auction Pro Helped Save Our School!

When the pandemic affected our yearly auction, we knew there had to be a solution that could fill the void. Our school relies on the income from that event to keep our school up and running. We loved that Silent Auction Pro was able to help us continue this tradition, while also helping us raise the money that we need. Since our initial event, we have had two more auctions. Each time, the software improves and becomes more user and customer friendly.

Pros

Hands down, the best thing about using Silent Auction Pro is the customer support. At every small bump in the road, someone was there to help us figure it out.

Cons

While it's understandable that the software is constantly evolving and improving, I found that the menus were confusing the navigate.

JG

Jennifer G.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Biggest Bang For Your Buck

My organization, the Humane Society of Noble County, Inc. in Kendallville, Indiana, recently used this software at our annual Raise the WOOF gala for homeless pets. I recommend this company to anyone looking for an affordable, easy to use system. It was user-friendly for both our attendees and our check-in/check-out staff. The training and support received before the event was excellent, and (the INCLUDED)...

Pros

Easy to use, does everything the company says it does, and affordable.

Cons

Absolutely nothing!

TW

Tabitha W.

Seamless Elementary School Event

Silent Auction Pro (SAP) helped us pull off a flawless event. The closing out portion after the auction ended was so seamless and easy to manage that less than two days after the auction I feel completely finished and ready to plan for next year. After some initial fiddling around with the software I finally picked up on how the upper tabs (Home, Group, Donations, Event...) are intended to be a...

BD

Brandon D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Great Customer Service and Easy to Use!

Pros

This made our bidding process for our fundraiser event so much smoother. We no longer have to worry about people trying to bid after things have closed, and participants can bid and buy raffle tickets online if they're not able to attend the event itself. The customer service is great! Our Event Coach, Becca, checked in regularly to see if we had any questions. Each time she had looked through our individual event to make sure we're sticking to our timeline as well as not forgetting to do key elements of our planning. She was always very responsive if I had a question.

Cons

None that come to mind off-hand. A few years ago when we first started with the software we couldn't reassign the bidder numbers for each event (essentially when you registered you received your bidder number for life). However, that has been updated so we can give new numbers each year which is great.

BB

Bridget B.

Used other for 2+ years

Great software for the price.

Pros

I like the amount of support we receive. The amount of help available is very useful. I like all of the tutorials on the admin side.

Cons

ITs not the most user friendly. There are a lot of steps between registering and bidding. I felt like you needed to make sure people were registered then make sure it hey had a cc added and then make sure you could charge that card at checkout. Seemed like a lot of steps for the users.

Hi Bridget - thank you for the review. It sounds like you might have not understood the registration process. If you are selling tickets through Silent Auction Pro then anyone who purchases a ticket is automatically signed up for online bidding and their credit card is stored securely on file. The same applies for someone just signing up for online bidding. It is possible for an administrator to enter a contact into the system and then put a credit card on file for them, and they still not be signed up as an online bidder. That's not the way to sign someone up for online bidding. It sounds like that may have been what you were doing? -Jim

JW

Jason W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

OUTSTANDING SOFTWARE! ESSENTIAL FOR FUNDRAISING!

INCREASED REVENUE AND AN EXPEDITED CHECKOUT! It was priceless and we will be using from here on out! At first, the site can seem daunting, but with a great support staff and intuitive software with some key 'go to' areas to get to easily, Silent Auction Pro is essential to any live and silent auction!

Pros

Our first time using SAP, and it was a huge success! We love the online bidding via your phone at the event. Online bidding increased our revenue by 100%... it is easy to set up and even easier to use! Online registration allowed for the easiest checkout process ever! Our attendees loved the software and found it extremely easy to use, intuitive, and simple! Forgot to mention how easy it was to set up ticket sales too! It was so easy to set up and allowed for upsales and was even easier for our supporters! Get this software and use it all! You won't be disappointed!

FB

Fred B.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Silent Auction Pro - Easy to use and very powerful

Great program that I have used 10 plus timers over the last 10 years.

Pros

This software is very straight forward and easy to use whether you are a computer geek or technically challenged. Customer support is the best you will find. 9 out of 10 you are connected with a live knowledgeable person.

Cons

Hard to find issues with this software. Has been able to handle about any game or twist to a traditional live auction we could come up with. With over 300 attendees the table assignments gets overwhelming.

JA

Jody A.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Great service and easy to use!

Great experience!

Pros

We were so thankful for the online platform when we had to cancel our event due to COVID-19. Our school has used the software for many years for our bi-annual event. As the new chair this year, I was so thrilled with the customer support we received from our rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I found most of the features of the site easy to use after a little trial and error. I'm sure our school will continue to use the software for future events.

Cons

A few confusing hoops to jump through at times and our particular event doesn't really need the contact set up that is required for every entry. But mostly efficient and acceptable for our small school fundraiser. Another great feature would be to create an app rather than having to download the site as an icon to your phone home screen. This seems clunky today, when it seems that every company out there has an app.

KG

Kim G.

Used other for 2+ years

The auction is awesome, having the website to organize al of the items makes getting ready so much e

Pros

I like that it lets us have an online auction time, table only time and then we can put what is left back on the site. I also like that it keeps track of who donates each item and which account it goes into at the end.

Cons

Having to take each item from a D to an A number seems like too many steps. If you could just make it an A number and then have to review it, it would be less steps.

Hi Kim - thank you for the review! The reason you convert donations to auction items is that allows you to combine multiple donations into a single item which is very common. Example would be the limo ride, theater tickets and a gift certificate for dinner could be combined together to make "A Night on the Town". That is done through the bundling flow. In cases where one donation becomes one auction item, you can use the auto-convert page and very easily convert all your individual donations to individual auction items with a couple clicks of the mouse. Being able to support the concept of bundling is very important. Hope this explanation helps! -Jim

TK

Trish K.

Primary/Secondary Education, 1-10 employees

SAP - A solid program for first-time users

Customer service support was excellent - quick responses to all my questions plus weekly call and reminder emails. After the event, the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] reached out and asked for feedback about the program so that he could address any concerns and/or make changes. Immediately thereafter, he made an enhancement to SAP to incorporate one of my suggestions. I appreciate companies who strive for continual improvement and put effort into making their product the best it can be.

Pros

The video tutorials covering each aspect of the auction process were extremely helpful. The written HELP guide was useful too, but actually seeing the buttons to click in the videos made everything much clearer. Template letters were fantastic and helped save me tons of time by not having to create my own verbiage for each communication. The process of converting donations into auction items was very simple.

Cons

Table assignments section was probably my least favorite. Tables were not "movable" within the program so I couldn't arrange the tables to match the setup in my room. Sometimes using the mouse to "move" people from one table to another was quite slow, especially if I was moving someone from the bottom of the page to the top (or vice versa).

BP

Bea P.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

The best silent auction platform out there!

I’ve been in fundraising more than 20 years and have manages event with silent and live auctions for gatherings of 250 to 1500 – both onsite and virtual. I’ve used a few different software programs in that time, but Silent Auction Pro IS THE BEST. Not just for its ease of use – in that everything you need is within the software, but because of the customer service they provide before, during and after...

Pros

Customer Service and support. The Silent Auction Pro team is absolutely terrific. The program is easy to use and most importantly my bidders found the registration process easy as well as the check-out process!

Cons

I was terrific. There was nothing I didn't like.

DM

Debra M.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Review of Silent Auction Pro

Pros

This software was east to use. Support was awesome--any questions I had were quickly answered. Bidders were able to register and bid with no complications. The close of the auction went smoothly and processing payments that were not processed by the donor was also easy to do.

Cons

It took me a few times before I remembered that when updating the donation, I had to update the catalog also. But that's on me, not the software.

EH

Elizabeth H.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

Best Investment We Made

The customer service is great. Each group as a event coach that helps you navigate event logistics. The one-on-one attention your receive makes learning the software very easy.

Pros

The database capabilities sold us on this software initially. The ability to communicate with prospective donors via bulk emails was a huge time saver. When we transitioned to mobile bidding, we saw our silent auction proceeds nearly double!

Cons

The cost is a bit prohibitive when you are working to raise as much money for your group as possible. However, we priced many options, and Silent Auction Pro gave us the most for our money.

KB

Kim B.

Two Events Using Silent Auction Pro - Two Successes!!

I've used other silent auction software in the past. Silent Auction Pro is so much better than the other system. What makes it better?? Cost, ease of use, and most importantly support! I can't say enough about the on-going support that we receive from the Silent Auction Pro Team. We've used Silent Auction Pro for two events now, both have been a success. Each event gets better and each year we learn more functionality in the system. Silent Auction Pro continues to enhance their product. I would highly recommend Silent Auction Pro!

Pros

It has a great deal of functionality. There are many reports that help you before, during and after your event. The support from the Silent Auction Pro team is top notch!

Cons

Some of the screens are too busy but once you get used to the software it's fine.

WB

Will B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Another Great Experience with Silent Auction Pro

Pros

We have worked with Silent Auction Pro for about 5 years. In previous years, we had an in-person Live and Silent Auction. Due to COVID, we moved our Live and Silent Auction event to an entirely online experience this year. The software worked seamlessly with our live, online streaming event. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] zoom'ed weekly with our staff and volunteers before the event and provided excellent advice and tech support for the event. The customer service is top-notch. We look forward to working with Silent Auction Pro at our next event!

Cons

First-time users might have a difficult time understanding the ins and outs of the software. Set up a ZOOM meeting with the Silent Auction Pro staff and they will answer any question you have.