TicketSource Reviews

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.3/10

Reviews by rating

Various reports which are really useful. We love it, and will be encouraging our audiences to use Ticket Source much more in the future.
I am pleased to say that nothing like this has happened and the feedback we have had so far is very favourable.
And it has just got better and better as time goes on. We've made some suggestions and seen them implemented which is great.
This can be a bit embarrassing for us, and it risks double bookings, if we then sell more tickets by other means.
The only small criticism I would make is with regard to the ticket printer which every now and again stops working.
The site hangs at the point of purchase locking up tickets at the worst time as people make multiple attempts. Many, many, many fields and dates reflect London standards and not the US.

ML

Margaret L.

Performing Arts, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Quality service with friendly, helpful help and advice

Five star rating. Easy to use. Pleasant and helpful staff. Easy to contact on the phone. No long arduous messages whilst waiting to get through and no long wait time. I often get through in a matter of seconds. I don't recall ever having to wait more than a two or three minutes before my call is answered.

Pros

Setting up a ticketing system for an event is always easy, even for a technophobe like me. Easy step by step instructions and options. If I've ever had any problems or made any mistakes that I couldn't rectify, TicketSource are easy to contact on the phone, and will take time helping me with step by step instructions. I have never felt rushed or made to feel foolish if I don't understand what they are telling me the first time. There is no hard sell and I'm not bombarded with emails telling me about their products.

Cons

Setting up a new system can be a little confusing to anyone who hasn't done it before, but help is readily available if needed. We are a small theatre studio, and obviously put on shows and productions. However, recently, we considered doing a music show and setting up the seating in a cabaret style with seats around tables. It did occur to me that it would have been good to have been able to set up a seating plan that showed a symbol/shape; circle, square, rectangle etc. that could be selected to indicate seating around a table. In the end, I went for everyone sitting where they like, so it wasn't relevant this time.

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback Margaret, that is really appreciated, and we are pleased to hear you have had such a positive experience with our customer success team. All the best.

SK

Simon K.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Not a bad option for our first foray into professional ticketing solutions

On the whole positive, with room for improvement. We will likely use them for our next event, and we can already see more efficient ways to use the system with hindsight

Pros

Relatively easy to use, no booking charges for free events, straightforward payments to our bank account.

Cons

Quick-booking GUI was not suited to on-the-day sales, payment integration options are limited (where is the Paypal or Sumup integration?), and the integrations they had were not the most straightforward to troubleshoot, with much passing back and forth between themselves and Stripe

Hi Simon, we appreciate you taking the time to leave your review and thank you for sharing your honest feedback. If you have any specific feedback regarding the on-the-door selling process, then please do share this with us. We are pleased to hear that overall your experience has been positive and look forward to welcoming you back for your next event.

RC

Richard C.

Works as expected

Does what it promises. Editing entries is harder than it needs to be. I never click on the correct menu option the first time - definitely not intuitive to anyone other than the writer of the software. This would be less frustrating if I used the system more often but with only a couple of events a year I have to learn the quirks again each time.

Cons

Hi Richard, thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. It's always appreciated! If you're able to offer more specific detail on what you'd change about the system to make editing entries easier, we'd be happy to work with you on improving the situation. You can contact us here: https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/contactus

DC

David C.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Easy and very flexible

A deligt to use. Made the whole event manageable

Pros

It was easy to set up and to amintin for our event. It's the first time we used it and would do so again

Cons

Charyity status for Church of Englan churches a bit obscure

Hi David, thank you so much for sharing your feedback. All the best.

JT

James T.

Entertainment, self-employed

Simple, effective and adaptable

Generally a smooth process from start to finish.

Pros

It provides a simple point of sale system for online bookings and enables me to keep an eye on how an event is selling, so if I need to up the marketing or reign in the budget, I can do so.

Cons

The phone booking system is not automatically offered. This should be a given for older patrons to the theatre.

Hi James, thanks very much for your feedback. Some event organisers offer their own telephone box office service however, we would never turn a customer away even if you are not signed up. Pleased to hear you have had a positive experience using TicketSource

DB

David B.

Entertainment, self-employed

Ticket Source Works for Our Amateur Dramatic Group

Ticket Source gave us everything we needed to connect with our audience after 2 years of no productions due to COVID restrications. It exceeded our expectations in all areas.

Pros

Flexible box office capability was crucial as we moved from a manual system to online. Some of our customers and our cast needed a phone or email ticket ordering capability. Ticket Source "ticked all the boxes" We linked the online sales to our website for maximum accessability. Our tickets went on general sale on 1st March for a production that started on 23rd March. We sold out within 5 days!

Cons

The mobile responsiveness could be better - although it was possible to use the back office etc.

Hi David. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of using TicketSource, and we are pleased to hear it has been positive. We are currently making improvements to the mobile optimisation of the system for your reference.

HK

Hema K.

Telecommunications, 10,001+ employees

Sale of tickets for an individual dance event

I would rate it very high as it made it convenient to sell tickets for an event with many features that allowed us to customise the sale of the ticket, information that could be disseminated to the buyer at the point of sale. The customer service personnel were excellent - no queues and addressed all queries quickly and professionally. Will definitely recommend as we will be organising more such community and charity events.

Pros

Liked that I could create event with all the details necessary for customers to buy the ticket. It provided box office support too which I did not use

Cons

The fact that for an individual event paid for from my pocket, I had to pay commissions on the tickets sold. This was a charity event so would've preferred if there was no commission and all ticket sales proceed came to me in total.

Hi Hema, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next event!

LH

Lynne H.

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Great Product

Very positive. I would use TS again without hesitation, the booking fee issue is a slight problem but it was explained in advance in all our publicity

Pros

Reliability and ease of access once set up. Customer service/helpline excellent. Really made running an event much easier.

Cons

We had complaints about the cost of the booking fee and that it was applied to each ticket

Hi Lynne, thank you very much for your review. All the best.

CS

Caitlin S.

Performing Arts, self-employed

First time using and will use again

Very easy and simple to set up and manage with quick payment of ticket money

Pros

I liked having no physical tickets to selll myself and enjoyed the fact it was all done online and made it less hasstle for me.

Cons

We did not use all the features so we found nothing that we did not like

Hi Caitlin, thanks very much for your review. We are pleased you have found everything so simple to use.

JM

Jenny M.

Accounting, self-employed

Two One Act Plat Ticker Sales

Very good efficient service. Notification as soon as tickets booked, easy to see what we had sold daily.

Pros

Daily ticket sale updates. Quick and easy for admin to use.

Cons

Just a little confusion if i put in full postal address, as we were performing in a village but the postal address confused a few users as to where it was being held. Once we were informed we changed the address to not include the town in the address.

Hi Jenny, thank you very much for your review. All the best.

DK

Dora K.

Fund-Raising, self-employed

Easy to use and customise!

Very good!I have another account, namely Devizes Lions Club and I helped to set their events up and learnt along the way.I knew about TicketSource via buying tickets for events for myself, and am aware the likes of Devizes CAMRA sells their tickets for their annual Beer and Cider Festival via TicketSource since 2018 or 2019 with great success.I shall recommend TicketSource to others who are looking to sale tickets online.

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to customise. Also the option to pass the admin charges as part of the ticket price so it is transparent to all.

Cons

Can't think of any, probably the initial set up was laborious when I had to learn how to use TicketSource from scratch.However, the Support Team was VERY helpful in answering my questions, so THANK YOU!

Hi Dora, thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We are pleased to hear our support team were able to assist where needed. All the best.

JB

Jeff B.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Made my life so much easier

Amazing!!!!! Saved me literally 25 hours of work and ticket sale communications with parents

Pros

I love that once I created the seating plans and the link, customers could buy tickets and do everything from the website and have specific reserved seats. In previous years we sold tickets at the door and only had 180 seats available. We would have to sometimes turn away people who were the 181st through 200th parent come to see their student perform and tell them to come get in line earlier for the following evening’s performance. Also, by the time we got to the 150th/160th customers there were no seats in groups of 3 or 4, but rather lots of single seats so families would have to split up and find single seats. TicketSource literally solved every problem we had.

Cons

The only teeny-tiny thing I didn’t like was that I was able to create the seating plan, but I could not “rotate” any seating sections to show that our theatre is designed with 3 sides (almost in the round). Parents who have been here before were able to visualize and interpret, but some customers thought they were buying 4 seats in the front row and actually bought 4 seats down the side aisle so they ended up sitting one in front of the other. Again, you can move the stage, seating sections on the seating chart you create, but I wish we could have rotated certain seating sections 45 to 90 degrees to show our theater which has seating on 3 sides of the stage.

Hi Jeff, thanks very much for your review. For reference, seating sections can be rotated within the seating plan designer. We have sent you further instructions on how to achieve this within your account. All the best.

PT

Paul T.

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

Excellent System

Pros

Ticketsource is an excellent Box Office system, great customer support and always adding new features.

Cons

Nothing really, its a great system, does exactly what it should do without too much complication!

Hi Paul, thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review. Glad to hear you are still getting on well with our services and thanks for your continued support. All the best.

PK

Paul K.

Wonderful service

TS is one of those rare services that delivers exactly what it says. For a small arts organisation that is always looking for cost-effective solutions, TS has proved invaluable to us. It is easy to use, provides a variety of information in formats that can be exported to our other systems and flexible enough to not only serve as an in-house box office, but also as an on-line customer service which...

Cons

Thanks for taking the time to review us Paul. Much appreciated. Hopefully your printer cache issue will stay in check for a while now, but just to let you know¿ we have a version upgrade to the print management software scheduled for this November. Hopefully that will resolve that particular niggle permanently.

SN

Scott N.

Capitals Hockey

1, Good customer service and very helpful to provide solutions and ideas to suit the clients needs 2. Simple to use system, however we still have issues with the scanners and collation of scanned users 3. Versatile product - but the functionality to allow the client to associate a bar code with a particular seat for Season Ticket holders would be useful. For example we need bar codes printed onto...

Cons

Thanks for the review Scott! We're also looking to improve existing features with scanning tickets (i.e. TicketSource Express for Windows, enabling you to upload scanned bookings back to the website) and season tickets, being amongst our current priorities. Please keep in mind that other solutions which offer a cheaper ticket commission also require you to plug-in your own payment gateway, which will also incur additional costs. And many will charge you for the privilege of entering your own in-house bookings, something that will always be free with TicketSource.

LB

Luke B.

Must-have Ticketing Software for Small Venues

When we decided to open up the then Writhlington School theatre as a small professional venue, a robust box office system was essential. The venue was run by one full time and one part time staff, so minimising effort was very important for us. TicketSource makes everything so easy. It took less than an hour for us to set up the system, from scratch, including seating plans, venue details box office...

Cons

Hi Luke¿ can't thank you enough for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review. Keep the suggestions coming. :-)

NF

Nicholas F.

Ticket software fine, customer service seriously lacking

Ticket software was fine, analytics were useful, not particularly stand out amongst competition, what did make ticketsource stand out was the availability of ticket scanning hardware, unfortunately hardware did not work (most importantly incorrect charger for base station laptop), causing a great deal of extra work during the event and cost of temporary universal charger to get the thing to work. Faultiness of charger then completely denied by customer service, will not be using ticketsource again, is ridiculous after they made around £1300 from the event.

Cons

Thanks for the review Nicholas. I understand your frustrations. To confirm, we use the same make of laptop for all of our scanning kits so its not possible that an incorrect charger could've been dispatched. The scanning hardware was analysed by the technical team upon its return, and the supplied charger was found to work correctly with the laptop. That said, we really do value customer feedback and are always looking to improve our offering. To this end, we will shortly be introducing a brand new scanning solution which will better anything else available in the marketplace, so I do hope you will reconsider using our service in the future. A short preview of the new scanning solution can be found at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BVjHRr4hjk

KF

Kate F.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Ticket Source for A Literature Festival

Pros

Pretty easy to set up. Real time updates. Great customer support.

Cons

There are good reports available during the ticket selling period but I would like more on attendance and audience to be available once the events have finished.

Hi Kate, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're pleased to hear you have found things simple during your events. We will pass on your feedback regarding the post event reporting for our future road-map.

IS

Ian S.

Live Music!

I've been using Ticketsource for nearly four years with a Live music project in the Yorkshire Dales. the system allows multiple venues to be stored so setting up a gig is as simple as copy event and change the band name. I use a bar code scanner at event which makes entry easy and looks awesome. most of my guests just use the home printed tickets and the system alerts if someone tries to cheat. Support...

Cons

Thank you for the in-depth review! It's great to hear your feedback on our features. If you've any suggestions for the future, do feel free to send us more to: support@ticketsource.co.uk

CR

Christine R.

Excellent resource for ticket selling

My amateur dramatic society have no need to look elsewhere in order to sell tickets for our annual pantomime. Should we have any questions or queries there is someone to come to our aid either by phone, online chat or email. The customer service personnel are very patient and helpful. As someone who has limited understanding of technical knowhow I can get frustrated when trying to follow tutorials as there can be points that look simple enough but I get myself into difficulties. I seem to find things can't be completed as easily as TicketSource would think. I am someone who has to to have every move clearly explained and not assumed we know what to do - hence for me 3 Stars.

Cons

Hi Christine. Thank you for you candid review. We try to strike a balance in the level of detail we provide in the tutorials, however "one-size-fits-all" will always have its limitations and one of the considerations already discussed at this end in relation to our upcoming website revamp is making it easier to find user instructions on specific processes. We expect the new website to be live by the end of the year, so hopefully we'll come up with something that will be of use to you.

KG

Katy G.

Cygnet Players Review

I think Ticketsource is a very good website for amateur companies to use. The seating plan side of things is quite difficult to create but once you have the main template for your theatre its great that this is added top you account and reused. The one aspect I find difficult is keeping on top of bookings made outside of ticketsource (i.e phone, at rehearsals) and then integrating those into the system so you don't over sell etc.

Cons

Thanks for the review Katy. I don't know if it will be of interest but I'll just share what the ticket secretary of a local am dram group that I used to be a member of did to deal with the ticket requests at rehearsals etc. She instigated a "friends and family" discount code for online bookings so that the cast and crew just provided the discount code to their nearest and dearest. That little incentive discount drew most of those bookings online, lightening her load. It also had a cut off date a couple of weeks before the show, which encouraged earlier booking. Just an idea. Anyhow ¿thanks again for your support and for taking the time to review us.

RD

Roger D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Ease of TicketSource

Removing the mess of manual ticketing and people reserving block bookings, then canceling.

Pros

Being the first time it was daunting to set up, however the email support was brilliant and responsive. The ease of the online sales supprised me and the software allowed easily daily if not hourly monitoring of the seating situaion.

Cons

The seating plan if you did it wrong you would have to restart it, but it did not take long to redo.

Thanks very much for your review Roger and thank you for sharing your experience with others. All the best.

R

Rose -Marie O.

Very pleased!

I have been using ticket source on behalf of The Kings Hall and can say just how pleased I am with the service. It's very easy to use - customers have given great feedback and I've been able to edit events with no fuss. On a couple of occasions I have called the help line and they have been very quick to answer - no long waits which is so often the case with other companies and they have been able to advise and sort my question straight away. If I have to mention an improvement I would only say it would be good to see our events go out in their Twitter feeds occasionally. Overall, top marks!

Cons

Hi Rose-Marie. Thanks for the review. Just so you know... details of all events listed on TicketSource are automatically tweeted on our regional Twitter feeds seven days before they start. Yours are on @tixSouthEast if you want to follow that handle. The regional feeds are best for generating audience interest but If there's ever anything you'd like us to retweet on our corporate feed - @TicketSource - just ask. :-)

MJ

Michael J.

Penarth Operatic & Dramatic Society

As a society we started using TicketSource a few years when we started our website. We were told about it by another local company ( Concept Players ) and I was charged with finding out what they could for us. I went to the website and the site was simple and informative and within minutes I had all information for me to advise the committee about it. The commttee deceided to use them and I was instructed...

Cons

Great review Michael, thank you for taking the time and sharing your story.

PW

Philip W.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

First time user. Loved itt

Very good product. I would use again

Pros

I selected ticketsource after reviewing market options. Other organisations I knew had used it. It worked really well and was simple to set up and use. Sundry options for preorder interval drinks was a lifesaver

Cons

Cost of system plus Stripe processing fees eats into revenue

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback, Philip. All the best