YourMembership Reviews

User ratings

3.9

• Likelihood to recommend7.61/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

It does have a great back end look and the ability to customize almost everything is nice. As a database, it works great.
I think the range of functionality is probably the biggest benefit for us. The ability to manage our member info and communications all in one place is fantastic.
What I enjoyed most about your membership is how user friendly it was. We used this as a database for years.
They should just offer a Wordpress plugin for membership management by embedding member management functions into a wordpress site -- because they suck at CRM.
Need to add duplicate search for Non Members - This is VITAL. We have tons of wasted records because there is no duplicate search for Non Members.
Poor functionality and awful customer service.

YourMembership users...

Cvent Event Management-logocaret

Cvent Event Management

Wild Apricot-logocaret

Wild Apricot

How would you rate YourMembership?

George R.

Vice President, Technology Solutions

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Great value for your money. Always improving, with no need to upgrade.

Transcript

George R.: Hi, this is George. I'm an IT executive in the association nonprofit space, and I give YourMembership...

Great Off the shelf data base

Transcript

Monika: My name is Monika, and I am a Transaction Coordinator for a nonprofit company. And I would rate...

The best of both worlds!

My experience with YM has been pleasant. Anytime I have a question there are many resources to navigate through prior to calling into customer support. Often I find things out on my own but whenever I have had a question the YM team answers quickly. I have been using YM since 2016 and have seen many improvements. I've used older templates/versions of YM and all have been user-friendly.

Pros

YM offers both a website platform and membership database all in one. I had been using YM for three years before a potential switch and was able to see how other sites didn't have the membership database. We decided to stay with YM and I even recommended it to my new organization...been utilizing YM daily for the last five years!

Cons

A feature that can be updated is radio buttons, for check out (invoicing). This can be helpful come dues renewal time to allow donations to be automatically applied (radio button).

Silvia, thank you for the review! As an all-in-one solution for small staffs, we are glad to hear that your team has found success in managing your association's website and membership through YM.

Best All-Encompassing Member Solution for Organizations Without an IT Department?

YM has allowed us to: a) unify all our different country operations on to a single software base; b) replace a range of on-premises systems with a single cloud solution; and c) meet the modern expectations of our members and customers without having to have an IT Department.

Pros

We selected YM because it covers all the bases needed by a non-profit member organization (website, member management, donation management, groups, events and online store) in one comprehensive package. More than that - and this is the clincher - it is designed for organizations with little or no internal IT capability. You don't need a server, special equipment, or even to know programming in order to deploy and configure the solution. It is a true cloud solution, with everyone always on the same latest version - so support is excellent and enhancements always ongoing.

Cons

When you buy a system like YM you need to be aware that: a) you won't be getting 'best in class' in each specific area of functionality (i.e. there are better web stores than the one in YM, better event management solutions than the one in YM, etc.) - but I don't think you will find a better solution across all areas; and b) this is not custom software, YM aren't going to change the software just to suit your business (rather you need to bend your business to suit the software) - having said that, YM is incredibly configurable (including the entire look and feel of the web front-end) so this isn't at all a major issue.

Tim, thank you for the review! As an all-in-one solution for small staffs, we are glad to hear that your team has found success in managing all aspects of your association with YM.

YourMembership

Working with YourMembership has been very informative. The amount of features that are already implemented are vastly. However, with so many features it can be difficult to learn these all on your own. I greatly appreciate the "chat with support" button that YourMembership has to have an quick and easy questions answered without wasting three hours looking for a button/feature that is right in front of me.

Pros

The product is fairly simple to use. There are a few quirky features that can make it difficult at times, but overall the product is very user friendly. One of the best features that I would like implemented into YM, would be to add to the search feature in the top right of the "admin" side of the website. Currently you are limited to searching the five specific fields that are preset. It would be...

Cons

An improved search feature on the admin end of the website. As previously stated in the question above. It would be a great improvement for what we do at our office. Additionally, if you were able to update email lists to include emails that you want to add to it after the list has been created it would be helpful.

Wrong fit for the association, our habits, and our budget

My overall experience was okay, but as YM kept growing and getting more expensive, the customer service got spottier and spottier. I had the feeling that they had grown faster than they were able to keep up. When my website's appearance started to look dated, they wanted to charge me about 1/3 again what my annual fee was to change the look. I found the interface in posting content to be a challenge because I couldn't do any editing from the frontend and was constantly going back and forth between frontend and backend.

Pros

I originally purchased this system because I wanted an all-inclusive association management and registration software which YM provided. YM also was able to integrate through an add-on with QuickBooks. It automated my membership dues invoicing.

Cons

Price kept going up and up without a corresponding increase in value. QuickBooks add-on was an additional expense when other systems were integrated with QuickBooks Online at no additional expense. The member communication options were difficult to use and explain. My members never took advantage of them to communicate among themselves.

One platform for all your Association needs

Your membership offers a user-friendly platform where you can keep all your member data in one place. Event registrations were easy for members to utilize and we had excellent history records of attendance. The onboarding went very smooth.

Pros

Integration is easy and the management of this software is user-friendly and easy to learn. Having one location to host all data is very important and available here.

Cons

The customer service turnaround time was not conducive to my needs. As a small association, time management is critical and if errors happened while working on a project, the 24-48 hour turnaround time to speak to staff caused undo stress.

Switching to YM Was a Leap In Improving our Backend Admin and Supporting Our Members

It has been excellent. First, we spent about 3 months meeting weekly with a YM rep ([SENSITIVE CONTENT]) to learn the system and to format our website main page. She was great to work with, very patient with us, and answered all of our questions to ensure we had a successful launch. The options and products that YM offers actually helped us to move away from some of the outsourcing that we previously...

Pros

Transitioning to the YM was a lot of work but easier than I thought. A lot of work from our end in learning YM but our members found the transition to be easy and they appreciated the ease of use when logging in or when navigating the website. Easy to set up custom pages for events and for general information for our website. We can easily do more things ourselves because of the ease and flexibility of the software such as: event pages, member information, calendar of events, marketing emails, various member levels/categories, customizing certain aspects of the website, and making changes in all of these areas.

Cons

Some aspects of the website are not flexible to change but it is not anything that is a show stopper. Ex: There is a place on the website that allows for a scrolling list of new members. But it will only list the names by first initial and last name. We wanted to list the name by first name and last name. Not a big deal but it would be a nice option to have.

Andy, thank you so much for the review! We are so happy to hear that switching to YM has helped your staff to spend their time where it matters (on your members and organization!) and not on frustrating and time-consuming issues. We are so glad that your new website has helped to improve your members' experience with your organization.

Great Software!

The service is outstanding. My implementation person ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) has been very responsive and helpful!

Pros

There are several things that are really great about this software - it makes managing an association easy. Having the option for auto-pay is huge and the system is flexible so that we can really make exactly what we need. We are really striving to do everything in one system versus many so YM has really streamlined all of our processes.

Cons

*Need to add duplicate search for Non Members - This is VITAL! We have tons of wasted records because there is no duplicate search for Non Members *Better way to match non member with member when the non member uses the organization name of a company that is a member *Main Dashboard needs to be configurable - I would love to add most recent email results, active quiz/survey results and non member...

User Friendly, but has it's flaws.

YourMembership wasn't all bad, but accurate membership numbers are very important to my organization and this caused a headache monthly. Customer service wasn't instant, but I always got a call back within 48 hours. For us, the websites are pretty basic and outdated, unless we upgraded, which was an additional fee. It's very easy to use, but we experienced a few too many downtimes with the system. Overall, the software is good, but wasn't ideal for us.

Pros

Your membership was really easy to use. I was able to pull reports in a matter of seconds and the dashboard was easy to understand when it was accurate.

Cons

The data was never accurate. I dreaded doing the monthly membership report due to the fact that the number were never right and I always had to do lots of work arounds and manual calculations before presenting to my Board of Directors.

Successful Launch

Overall, I've been very pleased with YourMembership from initial introduction, through implementation, and into daily operations. I especially appreciated working with my Implementation Specialist, who not only guided me throughout the implementation but also spent the extra time to understand my work style to be sure her support set us up for success in the long term.

Pros

YM's fit to our overall needs is a strong match and has streamlined our operations. What used to be an in-house generated, workaround, and very manual process member experience is now an automatic, professional member experience. Now workarounds are to maximize instead of survive.

Cons

Although most of the system works as advertised, some offerings have not meet the full expectation. For example, my expectation for the Quickbooks Connector was a real-time, automated data transfer from YM to QB but instead is a manual download and upload of data. The process does work well and meets our needs - just not as slick as expected.

YM just "OK"

"Just OK" - will be looking for other AMS systems. Customer service very slow.

Pros

YM handles basic processes adequately. Multiple features.

Cons

Doesn't always "play well" with others. Email portion inadequate. Metrics ability lacking.

Wendy, thank you for sharing this experience that your staff has had. YourMembership prides ourselves on helping you put your members first and because of this we put our customers first. Please check out the resource and training library we have for YM Clients: https://support.yourmembership.com/hc/en-us/articles/203158890

YourMembership is worth it!

Using YourMembership has helped our organization in so many ways. As we increased our levels of expertise and professionalism, YourMembership was able to keep up with us and show us new ways to display our organization in the best light. We were able to centralize nearly all facets of our organization. Thanks to the help of the design and implementation teams, our members could locate the information they needed on our website more easily. The customer support teams are the best I've ever worked with. I've yet to find a support representative that hasn't been able to assist me with a problem.

Pros

The training program for administrators is very, very good. It's arranged so that it makes perfect sense and allows administrators to build on what they learned in the previous lessons. That's pretty much how I learned everything - I just went through the training program as it was set up. It really helped me during the implementation and product release.

Cons

Without a doubt, the most lacking feature of the software is the survey feature. Surveys are not helpful if you have something a bit more on the complex side of things. So, yes, surveys need to be improved! We have to pay additional to use Survey Monkey OR create a form (which still doesn't allow for more complex surveys, nor does it provide data easily).

Carleen, thank you so much for the review! We are so happy to hear that you're having such a positive experience with YourMembership! Our design, implementation, and customer support teams are here to empower you to focus on what is important to you. We are so glad that we have been able to help you strengthen your website for your members.

Great value for your money. Always improving, with no need to upgrade.

YM delivered a stable, reliable platform to 15 of our associations and allowed us to shift investment to other proprieties without losing features.

Pros

Community Brands continues to invest in the YM platform, and as a SaaS product, upgrades are delivered on a regular basis without the need for continuous testing by the user base.

Cons

Occasionally, your product enhancement request can be lost among the hundreds of other customers using the product. It is best to team up with other customers to upvote your recommendations.

Complicated

We're certain there is more we can get out of our use of YM, but we've had a lot of turnover and the implementation left something to be desired. The hardest part is getting ahold of an actual person to sort out unusual pieces in the system. Luckily we finally have enough staff to have someone focus on it, but if you are a very small organization (5 or less), this may not be the best fit.

Pros

Cons

Sending emails to members is a design nightmare, so much so that we utilize Constant Contact for all of our email sending. There are a lot of features, but they are usually hard to use or not intuitive. You're stuck with their preferred provider for any payment processing.

Registration System Review

Overall, the experience with YourMembership is a little frustrating and difficult. The registration is very confusing to set-up and not straight forward. There are good features to it but I think it's more confusing than it needs to be.

Pros

It's nicer looking for the attendees when they are registering for the conference than the system we had before. I like that the Attendee Types make it look cleaner and that you can attach different sessions and tickets to each attendee type if you want to instead of it being the same for each one.

Cons

1. There is no "back-end" to the registration system. I see exactly what the attendee sees when they register. This isn't the worst but there are many issues that could be solved if there was a back-end where the admin saw things the attendees couldn't and could change things the attendees can't change. For example: 1a. I'm unable to make Attendee Types and tickets that are hidden at attendees. For...

A VERY basic AMS and struggling to keep up.

Last year, they were down because they didn't understand SQL and had issues. The WHOLE system was down off and on for over a month. It paralyzed us. Our only consolation, it happened to everyone, not just us. Management is removed from the everyday member and it shows. Overall, the system has done the barebasics OK, but if you venture out into other areas like email marketing, events, community engagement, the system doesn't do anything beyond the basics well.

Pros

It is generally simple to edit a webpage. Finding a member is generally also simple. The integration with the website is OK BUT you are on your own for design.

Cons

1. slow support 2. staff that don't follow up or inform you of support status for DAYS when you have an outage 3. The API is quirky and constantly giving us issues that our third party always finds is YM's issue. We were recently down for 3 days because they couldn't white list an API return URL properly. 4. Get ready to be just a number. 5. Calendaring features for recurring events doesn't work. You configure 8 events and it shows 4 online leaving you the option of configuring every event individually IF You want it to work correctly.

Great product

My experience has been great. The product is amazing for my department's needs. I work in the database every day and after 5 years, I am still figuring out new ways to better streamline what we do.

Pros

I really appreciate the availability of customizable options to meet ever changing needs of our organization.

Cons

Staff resistance to embrace the change to a new system or to learn the new features that could save them time. Any software issues that are brought up with YM are usually already in the works and they are very receptive to suggestions for future upgrades needed.

Becky, thank you for the review! As an all-in-one solution for small staffs, we are glad to hear that your team has found success in managing your association and streamlining your processes with YourMembership!

Big product and big value

Yourmembership as a product solves the needs we have as an organization. They have great customer service and are always willing to go the extra mile to keep valued clients. I look at it as a two way relationship, we are good to YM so they are good to us. People in leadership, are the kinds of staff members they need to keep around and find a way to clone. We have never had a bad experience that he or others on the YM team couldn't solve.

Pros

It's literally an all in one platform, I can do ANYTHING with Yourmembership for my organization. This kind of robust product doesn't come with a robust price tag it's price fairly and affordably. Another upside, is we can have a beautifully designed website thats mobile responsive and its all a part of the yourmembership product. This eliminate the need to have to find a contractor to build us a wordpress site.

Cons

There are some things in the backend/product that could still use updating but I know it's something that the YM team has told me they are planning in their roadmaps for the future. (Groups, forums, and blogs)

Enthusiasm Wanning

I used to be a HUGE supporter of YM. However, as they have grown, they have not kept up with staffing requirements and service is what is suffering. It takes weeks to get responses to tickets and when someone does respond, they seldom have a solution because they just aren't trained adequately.

Pros

YM is functional and fairly easy to use. I like that there are updated and improvement made regularly.

Cons

Things have been changing over the past few years as YM has grown. They are now starting to charge more for things like the REST API. They also put deadlines in for conversions such as transitioning from the current API to REST API and then do not have the support to assist as needed.

YM for the Win

There are a great many things that I really appreciate about the YourMembership platform. There are a ton of features at your fingertips that can benefit your association that you probably hadn't thought of or previously hadn't had the ability to facilitate. Career Centers and integrated Blog and Forum platforms to Merchant Services and Event Management all residing in one space make it hard to...

Good Option for Smaller Organizations

I think the team at YourMembership is responsive to requests, but some of the system capabilities are lagging from a technology standpoint. Our organization is growing and moving quickly and we don't always have the tools within YourMembership to do some of the things we want to and have had to go elsewhere for these services. Strictly from a membership management system and website provider - the platform works for our small sized team.

Pros

We use this software for Association Management as well as our external facing website. I like the updates we have recently made to the website utilizing this platform. I also appreciate the reporting capabilities on the backend.

Cons

I wish there were more formatting options for sending emails out of the system. The generic emails can seem bland and without having much of a coding background, its difficult to make them look like more pleasing from a marketing perspective.

Outstanding customer service!

I can't rave enough about your customer service reps. Today I spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] about an issue that was deeply frustrating and limited my ability to create useful Group pages for our members (the problem was the way our site had been set up, so the fault was totally ours). He cut through my confusing explanation, understood what I was trying to do, and walked me through a solution quickly and with laughter. I've talked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in the past, and she was also exceptional. I don't remember the names of the other people I've spoken to, but every one of of them has been outstanding and deserves accolades. They are a real credit to your business.

Pros

We're still working out the kinks but we hope that the Group function will dramatically increase our members' ability to feel connected and learn from each other.

Cons

It would be great if there was a basic "you're an admin, here's what you can do in Groups" video publicly available to train group admins.

Initially very frustrating and painful, the set up didn't feel intuitive, and confusing.

Everything is under one platform.

Pros

I like that key features and functionality are under one platform. And that you can set up pages to edit from both the front and back end of the website.

Cons

Some of the functionality seems outdated (ex. unable to attach documents when sending a group email within a specific group). I think YM is set up to best manage member records when created in YM. Importing a detailed member database as I have to do is not easy in YM. Based on my past experience, deleting a group is beyond tedious and difficult. The member search function is sometimes quirky (ex. the member included their middle name initial, but you didn't include in the search, you get "record not found"). There are some features that are located in places that are not intuitive (ex. group management is under Website/Social but you first have to go to Features.

Great All-In-One Option

We have had a great experience thus far with YM! If we needed help getting something set up or corrected, we are able to contact support and receive almost immediate assistance. The ability to collect membership dues, event registration payments, provide an informative website, manage membership records, etc. all in one place is great and it's easy to use.

Pros

I like that everything we do is in one spot! We are able to manage our website, database and memberships, as well as events all with YM. I also have found it quite user friendly which is nice when I do not have much time to devote to figuring out how it works.

Cons

I wish it were a little easier to see our membership numbers but we have more than one organization represented in our database so I'm not sure if that's possible and I have not had the time to talk through with YM what our possibilities are with finding a solution to something like that.

YourMembership

Pros

Dues and Membership management is easy to use when tracking payments and invoices, as well as member status. As Treasurer, I use this quite frequently to verify payments and research membership questions sent to me by the municipalities and members of our organization

Cons

Would like to see a better search for members purchase history. At times it is hard and time consuming to try and find invoices that they state they have paid especially when they do not have the invoice number with them.

Karen, thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience using YourMembership! Our team strives to help small staff associations like yours to achieve your goals and mission! We are glad to hear your team can successfully manage memberships and dues in YM.

Excellent customer service

Pros

I have very much appreciated YM's support team. They gave speedy, clear, and very informative responses to all my questions. They are kind and professional, and I’m glad we had the opportunity to work together on PSI's website redesign. They led us through the process and were helpful at every step of the way.

Cons

This is great software for people who like WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get), and don't want to have to worry about the technical details. If you're the type that likes to peak under the hood have maximum control, this isn't the solution for you -- that said, the support team has been very responsive at making changes to aspects of the website that we don't have control over as the customer.