YourMembership Reviews

Pros

It does have a great back end look and the ability to customize almost everything is nice. As a database, it works great.

Torey R.

I think the range of functionality is probably the biggest benefit for us. The ability to manage our member info and communications all in one place is fantastic.

Matt S.

What I enjoyed most about your membership is how user friendly it was. We used this as a database for years.

Ashley P.

MJ C.

Need to add duplicate search for Non Members - This is VITAL. We have tons of wasted records because there is no duplicate search for Non Members.

Amanda H.

Poor functionality and awful customer service.

Paul C.

Great value for your money. Always improving, with no need to upgrade.

Transcript

George R.: Hi, this is George. I'm an IT executive in the association nonprofit space, and I give YourMembership...

Great Off the shelf data base

Transcript

Monika: My name is Monika, and I am a Transaction Coordinator for a nonprofit company. And I would rate...

Great Product for Associations & Societies

Pros

Their implantation team is great to work with and streamlined the big endeavor. Their response time with their customer support team has vastly improved and they are very responsive. We are an AMC and have both trade associations and societies onboarded with YM. They always find a way to work with the organization to find solutions for each organization's needs.

Cons

There isn't much customization you can do, but if you need something that they don't offer, there is usually a workaround that can be done.

Switching to YM Was a Leap In Improving our Backend Admin and Supporting Our Members

It has been excellent. First, we spent about 3 months meeting weekly with a YM rep ([SENSITIVE CONTENT]) to learn the system and to format our website main page. She was great to work with, very patient with us, and answered all of our questions to ensure we had a successful launch. The options and products that YM offers actually helped us to move away from some of the outsourcing that we previously...

Pros

Transitioning to the YM was a lot of work but easier than I thought. A lot of work from our end in learning YM but our members found the transition to be easy and they appreciated the ease of use when logging in or when navigating the website. Easy to set up custom pages for events and for general information for our website. We can easily do more things ourselves because of the ease and flexibility of the software such as: event pages, member information, calendar of events, marketing emails, various member levels/categories, customizing certain aspects of the website, and making changes in all of these areas.

Cons

Some aspects of the website are not flexible to change but it is not anything that is a show stopper. Ex: There is a place on the website that allows for a scrolling list of new members. But it will only list the names by first initial and last name. We wanted to list the name by first name and last name. Not a big deal but it would be a nice option to have.

Andy, thank you so much for the review! We are so happy to hear that switching to YM has helped your staff to spend their time where it matters (on your members and organization!) and not on frustrating and time-consuming issues. We are so glad that your new website has helped to improve your members' experience with your organization.

Wrong fit for the association, our habits, and our budget

My overall experience was okay, but as YM kept growing and getting more expensive, the customer service got spottier and spottier. I had the feeling that they had grown faster than they were able to keep up. When my website's appearance started to look dated, they wanted to charge me about 1/3 again what my annual fee was to change the look. I found the interface in posting content to be a challenge because I couldn't do any editing from the frontend and was constantly going back and forth between frontend and backend.

Pros

I originally purchased this system because I wanted an all-inclusive association management and registration software which YM provided. YM also was able to integrate through an add-on with QuickBooks. It automated my membership dues invoicing.

Cons

Price kept going up and up without a corresponding increase in value. QuickBooks add-on was an additional expense when other systems were integrated with QuickBooks Online at no additional expense. The member communication options were difficult to use and explain. My members never took advantage of them to communicate among themselves.

YourMembership is worth it!

Using YourMembership has helped our organization in so many ways. As we increased our levels of expertise and professionalism, YourMembership was able to keep up with us and show us new ways to display our organization in the best light. We were able to centralize nearly all facets of our organization. Thanks to the help of the design and implementation teams, our members could locate the information they needed on our website more easily. The customer support teams are the best I've ever worked with. I've yet to find a support representative that hasn't been able to assist me with a problem.

Pros

The training program for administrators is very, very good. It's arranged so that it makes perfect sense and allows administrators to build on what they learned in the previous lessons. That's pretty much how I learned everything - I just went through the training program as it was set up. It really helped me during the implementation and product release.

Cons

Without a doubt, the most lacking feature of the software is the survey feature. Surveys are not helpful if you have something a bit more on the complex side of things. So, yes, surveys need to be improved! We have to pay additional to use Survey Monkey OR create a form (which still doesn't allow for more complex surveys, nor does it provide data easily).

Carleen, thank you so much for the review! We are so happy to hear that you're having such a positive experience with YourMembership! Our design, implementation, and customer support teams are here to empower you to focus on what is important to you. We are so glad that we have been able to help you strengthen your website for your members.

Great Software!

The service is outstanding. My implementation person ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) has been very responsive and helpful!

Pros

There are several things that are really great about this software - it makes managing an association easy. Having the option for auto-pay is huge and the system is flexible so that we can really make exactly what we need. We are really striving to do everything in one system versus many so YM has really streamlined all of our processes.

Cons

*Need to add duplicate search for Non Members - This is VITAL! We have tons of wasted records because there is no duplicate search for Non Members *Better way to match non member with member when the non member uses the organization name of a company that is a member *Main Dashboard needs to be configurable - I would love to add most recent email results, active quiz/survey results and non member...

User Friendly, but has it's flaws.

YourMembership wasn't all bad, but accurate membership numbers are very important to my organization and this caused a headache monthly. Customer service wasn't instant, but I always got a call back within 48 hours. For us, the websites are pretty basic and outdated, unless we upgraded, which was an additional fee. It's very easy to use, but we experienced a few too many downtimes with the system. Overall, the software is good, but wasn't ideal for us.

Pros

Your membership was really easy to use. I was able to pull reports in a matter of seconds and the dashboard was easy to understand when it was accurate.

Cons

The data was never accurate. I dreaded doing the monthly membership report due to the fact that the number were never right and I always had to do lots of work arounds and manual calculations before presenting to my Board of Directors.

Successful Launch

Overall, I've been very pleased with YourMembership from initial introduction, through implementation, and into daily operations. I especially appreciated working with my Implementation Specialist, who not only guided me throughout the implementation but also spent the extra time to understand my work style to be sure her support set us up for success in the long term.

Pros

YM's fit to our overall needs is a strong match and has streamlined our operations. What used to be an in-house generated, workaround, and very manual process member experience is now an automatic, professional member experience. Now workarounds are to maximize instead of survive.

Cons

Although most of the system works as advertised, some offerings have not meet the full expectation. For example, my expectation for the Quickbooks Connector was a real-time, automated data transfer from YM to QB but instead is a manual download and upload of data. The process does work well and meets our needs - just not as slick as expected.

Poor Support is not their only problem....

I have a urgent problem with YM at this moment -- and you can NEVER get them on the phone. It takes HOURS and HOURS if not DAYS to get responses to problems. And the response you normally get is NO- the system cant do that- or you will manually have to edit 300 records. You can't change your membership renewal date. Updates to the application are MINIMAL at best. They did roll out an email upgrade which may have helped with SPAM -- can't tell for sure if it helped. It has been about the only real upgrade I have seen in the membership side of the system. They seem to focus more of their efforts on their other applications and not YourMembership. I wish someone had told me all this when I selected YM.

Pros

I can't say I am in love with any of the features -- it works -- but there is nothing that just says -- if I didn't have this I couldn't do my job.

Cons

The CRM piece of this application is piss-poor at best. I guess coming from major CRM software application with hundreds of features and flexibility and being an expert on Wordpress -- the lack of flexibility in the site for managing custom pages is horrible. They should just offer a Wordpress plugin for membership management by embedding member management functions into a wordpress site -- because they suck at CRM. My Advice -- Use Wordpress for your primary site tool -- and try to embed their membership page into your wordpress site somehow. I may try to convert this way because I am tired of trying to code pages into thier site -- when tools exist such as wordpress that can easily do everything.

Great value for your money. Always improving, with no need to upgrade.

YM delivered a stable, reliable platform to 15 of our associations and allowed us to shift investment to other proprieties without losing features.

Pros

Community Brands continues to invest in the YM platform, and as a SaaS product, upgrades are delivered on a regular basis without the need for continuous testing by the user base.

Cons

Occasionally, your product enhancement request can be lost among the hundreds of other customers using the product. It is best to team up with other customers to upvote your recommendations.

Professional Association

Been with them from beginning. Gone through the changes with them.

Pros

Comprehensiveness. Can be managed without a lot of specialized knowledge.

Cons

Sometimes not intuitive. Limited creativity.

Complicated

We're certain there is more we can get out of our use of YM, but we've had a lot of turnover and the implementation left something to be desired. The hardest part is getting ahold of an actual person to sort out unusual pieces in the system. Luckily we finally have enough staff to have someone focus on it, but if you are a very small organization (5 or less), this may not be the best fit.

Pros

Cons

Sending emails to members is a design nightmare, so much so that we utilize Constant Contact for all of our email sending. There are a lot of features, but they are usually hard to use or not intuitive. You're stuck with their preferred provider for any payment processing.

Registration System Review

Overall, the experience with YourMembership is a little frustrating and difficult. The registration is very confusing to set-up and not straight forward. There are good features to it but I think it's more confusing than it needs to be.

Pros

It's nicer looking for the attendees when they are registering for the conference than the system we had before. I like that the Attendee Types make it look cleaner and that you can attach different sessions and tickets to each attendee type if you want to instead of it being the same for each one.

Cons

1. There is no "back-end" to the registration system. I see exactly what the attendee sees when they register. This isn't the worst but there are many issues that could be solved if there was a back-end where the admin saw things the attendees couldn't and could change things the attendees can't change. For example: 1a. I'm unable to make Attendee Types and tickets that are hidden at attendees. For...

Big product and big value

Yourmembership as a product solves the needs we have as an organization. They have great customer service and are always willing to go the extra mile to keep valued clients. I look at it as a two way relationship, we are good to YM so they are good to us. People in leadership, are the kinds of staff members they need to keep around and find a way to clone. We have never had a bad experience that he or others on the YM team couldn't solve.

Pros

It's literally an all in one platform, I can do ANYTHING with Yourmembership for my organization. This kind of robust product doesn't come with a robust price tag it's price fairly and affordably. Another upside, is we can have a beautifully designed website thats mobile responsive and its all a part of the yourmembership product. This eliminate the need to have to find a contractor to build us a wordpress site.

Cons

There are some things in the backend/product that could still use updating but I know it's something that the YM team has told me they are planning in their roadmaps for the future. (Groups, forums, and blogs)

Outstanding customer service!

I can't rave enough about your customer service reps. Today I spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] about an issue that was deeply frustrating and limited my ability to create useful Group pages for our members (the problem was the way our site had been set up, so the fault was totally ours). He cut through my confusing explanation, understood what I was trying to do, and walked me through a solution quickly and with laughter. I've talked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in the past, and she was also exceptional. I don't remember the names of the other people I've spoken to, but every one of of them has been outstanding and deserves accolades. They are a real credit to your business.

Pros

We're still working out the kinks but we hope that the Group function will dramatically increase our members' ability to feel connected and learn from each other.

Cons

It would be great if there was a basic "you're an admin, here's what you can do in Groups" video publicly available to train group admins.

YM for the Win

There are a great many things that I really appreciate about the YourMembership platform. There are a ton of features at your fingertips that can benefit your association that you probably hadn't thought of or previously hadn't had the ability to facilitate. Career Centers and integrated Blog and Forum platforms to Merchant Services and Event Management all residing in one space make it hard to...

Good Option for Smaller Organizations

I think the team at YourMembership is responsive to requests, but some of the system capabilities are lagging from a technology standpoint. Our organization is growing and moving quickly and we don't always have the tools within YourMembership to do some of the things we want to and have had to go elsewhere for these services. Strictly from a membership management system and website provider - the platform works for our small sized team.

Pros

We use this software for Association Management as well as our external facing website. I like the updates we have recently made to the website utilizing this platform. I also appreciate the reporting capabilities on the backend.

Cons

I wish there were more formatting options for sending emails out of the system. The generic emails can seem bland and without having much of a coding background, its difficult to make them look like more pleasing from a marketing perspective.

Initially very frustrating and painful, the set up didn't feel intuitive, and confusing.

Everything is under one platform.

Pros

I like that key features and functionality are under one platform. And that you can set up pages to edit from both the front and back end of the website.

Cons

Some of the functionality seems outdated (ex. unable to attach documents when sending a group email within a specific group). I think YM is set up to best manage member records when created in YM. Importing a detailed member database as I have to do is not easy in YM. Based on my past experience, deleting a group is beyond tedious and difficult. The member search function is sometimes quirky (ex. the member included their middle name initial, but you didn't include in the search, you get "record not found"). There are some features that are located in places that are not intuitive (ex. group management is under Website/Social but you first have to go to Features.

Great All-In-One Option

We have had a great experience thus far with YM! If we needed help getting something set up or corrected, we are able to contact support and receive almost immediate assistance. The ability to collect membership dues, event registration payments, provide an informative website, manage membership records, etc. all in one place is great and it's easy to use.

Pros

I like that everything we do is in one spot! We are able to manage our website, database and memberships, as well as events all with YM. I also have found it quite user friendly which is nice when I do not have much time to devote to figuring out how it works.

Cons

I wish it were a little easier to see our membership numbers but we have more than one organization represented in our database so I'm not sure if that's possible and I have not had the time to talk through with YM what our possibilities are with finding a solution to something like that.

Excellent customer service

Pros

I have very much appreciated YM's support team. They gave speedy, clear, and very informative responses to all my questions. They are kind and professional, and I’m glad we had the opportunity to work together on PSI's website redesign. They led us through the process and were helpful at every step of the way.

Cons

This is great software for people who like WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get), and don't want to have to worry about the technical details. If you're the type that likes to peak under the hood have maximum control, this isn't the solution for you -- that said, the support team has been very responsive at making changes to aspects of the website that we don't have control over as the customer.

Adequate with plenty of room for improvement. Slow support;

This is the third membership platform we've set up for the same client. All have strengths and glaring weaknesses and YM is no exception. The reliability of mail delivery is questionable, and the content management system is in need of a significant overhaul. As a power user, YM makes it difficult and troublesome to suggest improvements; technical support often takes days for a response. It manages members well — but all the other things that are important for engaging and communicating with members, such as events, email, and content are clunky and weak. In my opnion, the platform is not living up to its potential.

Pros

Attempts to be an all-in-one platform. Integrated "content management system" (with limitations) Strong support for one-to-many membership model (Main representative and sub-accounts)

Cons

Lack of support for conferences. Rudimentary content management; editor is basic with limited functionality and confusing media manager/content editing Too much upselling and not enough improvement occurring where it matters YM oversells features that simply don't deliver on promises Email editor lacks support for easy-to-create email templates and readable email Confusing admin area. Organizational structure is confusing at best. Antiquated URL structure for content pages Very weak support for metatags and SEO Forums are not useful

Yin/Yang experience

The migration to YourMembership was tied to YM's acquisition of previous AMS. Customer service/support at YM was non-existent 5 years ago; reps hid behind their computers, responded only by email, referred everyone to online videos/resources and never talked to anyone. This did improve for a while, but in the last 12 months as taken a huge step backwards. We are hopeful that this will change in the immediate future.

Pros

CMS for website. Overall Association Management System integration of website, online database, and ecommerce/event management platform.

Cons

Lack of a dynamic survey module (need Survey Monkey or Formsite features); limited flexibility and customization of member profile fields (member type-driven default settings instead of member-select options.)

Easy to use, performs great, and great support!

The customer service is particularly amazing with YM. Questions are always answered quickly and fully. I've never had a single issue that wasn't fully explained or resolved. Those issues that couldn't be resolved were addressed by YM staff in full and oftentimes they would offer a workaround, which is incredibly helpful.

Pros

For association management, this product is the perfect function and price point. While some websites could maybe offer more graphically or fancy options, with non-profits this product helps provide the exact functionality needed as well as an ease of use to make updates and changes.

Cons

Sometimes the functions are hard coded (a lot of language on the forms or store purchases), but there is always a way to workaround the features that are hard coded, so we don't find it a severe issue, especially with the cost.

Great value & Awesome Support

Our experience with YourMembership has been fantastic, we have had it for more than 5 years and have grown along with the software. The support team is great, they don't make us feel ignorant. They keep us informed of new rollouts and enhancements and they understand associations.

Pros

This software allows us to manage our non-profit association and keep track of our members, our webinars, events and manage our billing. Customer support is fantastic, they helped us add a credit card processor to make it easier for our members to pay and help us customize what we need so it makes sense for our community.

Cons

I would love to have a more robust email marketing and CRM platform

Do your homework...YM is not a turnkey solution for all organizations, lousy customer service.

Pros

Software has some interesting features, but not all were useful to our organization. Best pro: it's very easy to maintain a decent looking public facing website. Email marketing tools are excellent.

Cons

After the initial six-week set up, we were pretty much left to the wolves. We hired one of their recommended consultants to help us prepare our database for implementation to the system, but our dues schedule was too complex to be completely integrated, so we were forced to maintain two databases (one for membership services and communications, and the other for financials -- not an ideal setup, to...

Great Membership Software

I've been using it for seven years now and it is a great product, very flexible, lots of great features.

Pros

I love it because it has capabilities for managing membership types, dues, events, groups, communications. The look and feel is great and it's pretty intuitive. The ability to sell merchandise and event tickets is really helpful and I can create a CRM of non-member types is really helpful too. Terrific tech support, when I call, they help me. That is HUGE.

Cons

I can't think of anything it won't do for me, it's just what i need to manage my members.