GoToMyPC Logo

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.17/10

Reviews by rating

I love the convenience of being able to work as though I am in the office and there is not the need to be there to do my work. I love the quick connection that GoToMyPC provides.
Integration with my business and the ease of use of this product are outstanding qualities of this software program.
GoToMyPC is such a great tool, aside from using GoToAssist this is also a great addition if you desire more detailed information on your computer or computer that is inter connected to your network.
I am not unhappy about the software. If my access code needs to be changed sometimes it is a problem to have to go back to the office computer to do it.
You have to scroll sideways if you can find the scroll arrow/button - it's so tiny I struggle to scroll between screens.
Sometimes it inexplicably disconnects from my desktop. Also can sometimes have trouble connecting.

Eddie L.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reliable Secure Access

Pros

The software is very easy to use and having different passwords makes it secure in my opinion as well as the encrypted connection gives me peace of mind.

Cons

At this time the only times I get frustrated is when the wifi access I am using is unstable, then I have intermittent problems, but this is not GoToMyPC's issue, it is where I am accessing the internet.

DH

David H.

Accounting, 1-10 employees

The best for remote access

I've used quite a few other remote desktop programs, but for ease of use, and features, I haven't found anything as good as GoToMyPC. It has all the features that I need, such as remote printing, screen blanking and dual monitor support. I can also use it wherever I need, and don't have to worry about purchasing a bunch of licenses if I need to use different PC's to access my work computer.

Pros

It's extremely reliable and easy to use. The fact that I can use it anywhere with any PC is exactly what I need.

Cons

Occasionally, especially with software that converts to a PDF before printing, it can take longer than I would like for the print to start printing.

JC

Jeff C.

Oil & Energy, 1-10 employees

Free Trial lacked Support

Not Good, couldn't get passwords to sync from admin to remote pc

Pros

I have used in the past, good security, good function. Need solid performance for remote access processing

Cons

Could not get the passwords to sync for the trial, could never get remote pc access to host. non responsive support.

SO

Shirley O.

Retail, 11-50 employees

Long Time User

I would recommend it to another person. I am very happy with the product. I have used it for at least ten years and it fills our needs quite nicely.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. I work from home and remote into the office, and when I travel it is easy for me to keep on top of things. It was easy to install and the directions for use were clear. This was important to me as I am not very tech savy.

Cons

I have been a long time customer and it seems like the cost jumped quite a bit a few years ago.

MW

Marti W.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Retail - Point of Sale Support

GoToMyPC has been easy to use. With other remote software we have had trouble with remote printing and getting the print setting correct.

Pros

We use GoToMyPC to remotely manage our retail store system. It makes it easy to login when the staff is having a problem with balancing the register or invoicing. We can login see the what they are doing & walk through the process with them. We also use it to update inventory.

Cons

Cost. We are a small business & I wish they would have better pricing for small businesses.

SB

Stephen B.

Law Practice, 1-10 employees

Go to my PC is the best that I have tried

Pros

The system is as quick as the computer systems that you are using. When I work remotely, it feels and acts like I am at my computer at work. I also appreciate printing from my remote loction as some systems don't allow for it or the system doesn't work well. The sizing and appearance of all the applications look and work well remotely as well. The system is also very easy to access and implement so I have no hesitation in utilizing it on a daily basis.

Cons

I set the system for maximum speed and minimum graphics. If the requirements of the job included graphics, the system would work significantly slower. I can't compare, since I have not tried any of those applications on this or any other system. The price is also much higher than the competition, but it is worth it for what I need to accomplish.

RS

Robert S.

Defense & Space, 11-50 employees

For simple and easy-to-use access at home or on the road

Pros

Ease of use and access. Very simple to login and be working from home or road

Cons

Price. Probably based on security protocol, but we are a small business. Seems like prices are always made for the enterprise users and never the small businesses. Thus you have a break-even point where you pay for additional products for your employees or you pay for them to have remote access to work from home. The bigs don't have to worry about the per-unit cost of either of those options as much as small businesses do.

PM

Paula M.

Civic & Social Organization, 201-500 employees

Great quick solution for remote working

Installed, an issue cropped up on restart for the install. Had to uninstall to get our network issue sorted, then reinstalled and tested and used all withing half an hour. Worked seamlessly at home on the weekend. Love it!

Pros

The ease of install and setup. Very quick and relatively painless.

Cons

there was an issue on restart with our network that took some time to clear up, but it was our network, not GoToMyPC.

SW

Susan W.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Susan Wolf CPA GoToMyPC Review

My experience has been great which is why I don't shop for pricing

Pros

I work exclusively remotely and would not be able to without GoToMy PC

Cons

The price increases are hard on small businesses

KA

Karyn A.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Excellent product for remote access to my work computer

Very good. I very much like this product, as it allows me to work from home easily.

Pros

It is very easy to use. It connect quickly and stays connected for the most part.

Cons

The pricing is high enough that our firm decided to transition off of it.

RH

Rebecca H.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Great Product

I've never had any issues with GoToMyPC and so have never needed to contact customer support. The platform is stable and does exactly what I need.

Pros

What I like most about GoToMyPC is that since I have basically become bedridden because of stage 4 cancer, GoToMyPC has allowed me to continue to do most of my work remotely from home and literally from my bed. I have an office manager on site, but there are some functions of the company that he is still unable to do at this point. This allows me to continue to move my business forward and have complete control over my finances without disrupting the everyday business of my office manager.

Cons

Honestly, the only thing I don't like is the cost. I started with LogMeIn and was a loyal user for years and then the price skyrocketed. I found GoToMyPC, which seems like basically the same platform and possibly the same corporate ownership. However, GoToMyPC pricing was back to what I was used to. But now several years in to GoToMyPC the pricing continues to goes us. All I truly need in a product like this is the ability to access my desktop and print to either my printer at work or at home.

JA

Jamie A.

Retail, 1-10 employees

GoToMyPc is Indispensible to my business!

GoToMyPC gives me the ability to do almost everything I would do at the store, at home.. This frees me up immeasurably and gives me an amazing amount of flexibility with my schedule as I run two businesses 45 minutes apart.

Pros

Being able to work remotely from my home office keeps me from spending extra hours each work after closing in my store. At home I can do everything I need to do for accounting- pay bills, enter bills, enter EOPs, reconcile all of my bank account and credit card. I can put orders together, do sales analysis, work on any file I have on my work desktop that isn't at home. If, during business hours, an employee is having an issue I can log-on to GOTOMYPC and walk them through a resolution or figure out how to rectify it later. Being able to have a home office where I get more work done than at 'the office' is a huge part of what gives me a great work-life balance.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about GoToMyPC. It does everything I have ever needed it to do, I've never run into a situation where I can't do something I want it to; I can even print reports that I pull up on the remote computer on my home printer.

PB

Pam B.

Museums and Institutions, 1-10 employees

Use of GoToMyPC at a Non-Profit Museum

I have been using GoToMyPC for about 10 years. I started when it was much more affordable, and I used it when I did research from museums and libraries to access my home computer. It was so useful that I stayed with the company even as prices went higher. When I started as a volunteer at the museum, I insisted that my colleagues also use it when they wanted to access the museum computers from home.

Pros

I am a volunteer in a town museum. My job is Collections Manager, and I also do research. If I didn't have GoToMyPC, I would not be able to work efficiently. I often work at home in the evenings, and the service enables me to access files I need to work on, update them, and then send them back to our main network computer. I can work on jpg files as well as tables, databases, and document files. Because I am the only person allowed to do certain functions within the museum software that we use, I am able to access the system at the end of the date to backup and re-index from home any work done by others at the museum.

Cons

However, our museum is a non-profit and can't afford to buy a subscription to GoToMyPC, so I have to pay for it myself. It is a large amount of money for a retired person on a fixed income to pay. But it makes my job so much easier that I just have to have it.

PG

Peter G.

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Remote Access Asset

Use it morning before I go to the office and has been very reliable.

Pros

From the beginning of COVID my company began to use GoToMyPC for top management that was not able to physically come to the office. Since then, each manager can access their computer remotely, if on vacation, travelling on business, slight illness and any other reason where their physical presence is impossible.

Cons

Setup is a bit confusing, where one individual sets up the program for everyone else. As the owner I feel somewhat helpless, if the job falls on me for any reason. I have not used support, but as with anything else that I use at GoToMyPC, I'm sure it is easy to use and access.

EK

Erich K.

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Go To My Pc review

I would recommend this product to anyone who is wants to work from home

Pros

I like the ease of access with go to my pc. super easy to use anywhere

Cons

I have no complaints. This product works perfect for me

LT

Laura T.

Confidence in GoToMyPC software

Pros

While I've used other remote software as an employee where I didn't have a choice, when I opened my own practice, this was my "Go To" software for many reasons. Among the main reasons are the ease of use and the security level of the software which allow me to work with client data safely from any remote location.

Cons

It would be helpful if the software allowed it to be used in reverse. Rather than just allowing me to dial into the office, there have been times when I've failed to send something from my home system to the office and I am unable to obtain the information by dialing from the main location into the remote location. I'm not sure that this is even feasible (short of purchasing the software for each stand alone system), but it's the only issue that I think needs to be contemplated.

JS

James S.

JKS review of GoToMyPC

I maintain all of my original tax return files on the remote computer which allows me to know which file is the original file. Removes any question about originality of file.

Pros

This software allows me to use my remote computer just like i was sitting in front of it.

Cons

There are two issues i have with the software at this time. Issue one has to do with the software changing the resolution of the remoter computer's screen every time I remote into the unit. I have to manually reset the resolution in order to be able to work on the remote computer.Second issue has to to do with being able to reconnect if I get timed out for non-use. There are times when I cannot reconnect without restarting the remote computer, which if there is no one there to do so, I cannot use the remote computer at all until there is a restart. Dead in the water.

AA

Adam A.

Mining & Metals, self-employed

GoTo MyPC - Great way to Remote Access Between Work and Home - Easy to Set-up

When using remote access it is like I am running my local PC. IT is very smooth, but this is also because I have fast internet connection between work and home.

Pros

Connecting to a remote PC is very simple as it only requires me to double-click the program icon on my desktop. The connection is fast and seamless. I have the ability to drag and drop files directly to and from my remote PC as well as to print from my remote PC to my local printers.

Cons

I use the dual desktop and when it opens I need to lock the views to each desktop. IT would be good if this could be set-up by default.

DR

Donna R.

Financial Services, 1-10 employees

Portable Desktop that's User Friendly

This is a great product. Very user friendly and it gives me the ability to work from anywhere and access the same programs and view as I'm used to seeing at the office.

Pros

I use it daily and find it very easy to access my desktop while working from home. I get the same view as I would at the office. All programs work and I'm able to open multiple programs at the same time. I have two screens and GoToMyPC makes it very easy to switch between the two from a single laptop screen.

Cons

Haven't found anything that didn't work well for me.

SL

Stephanie L.

Chemicals, 1-10 employees

Works from anywhere

Overall definitely get this if you need access to another computer use this

Pros

I travel allot & use this on a daily basis & never had a problem with GoToMyPC. It even works with my cell phone hot spot. If you need access to another computer elsewhere this is the app you need to use. We have used this for over 20 years.

Cons

My only problem isn't with GoToMyPC it's with my internet connection.

JD

Joe D.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Sharing is Caring

Overall, the service is excellent and permits "anytime" remote access in a secure fashion and provides incredible functionality. It's as if you were actually in front of the remote computer. In the past 11 years of use, I can honestly say I've had minimal issues and have been extremely satisfied with technical support and the willingness of the customer service personnel to "make things right". To me that's caring about your customers and that makes all the difference with customer loyalty.

Pros

I have used this service since 2012 and it has evolved to serve me in so many capacities. I initially used it for remote access capability to manage my business and then subsequently to assist my elderly mother with her financial affairs. Excellent product and customer service.

Cons

Connectivity was sometimes an issue as was the speed of responsiveness, but this typically was resolved with a reboot and re-connection.

JD

Joyce D.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Build your business with GoToMyPC

My office is short staffed at this time. Because of my husband's illness, I am unable to physically go into the office. Without GoToMyPC, I would be unable to send my insurance claims. I literally use GoToMyPC 7 days a week.

Pros

Most useful features of GoToMyPC are ease of use and always reliable. Allows most in office tasks to be performed without problems.

Cons

I have been using GoToMyPC for 16 or more years. I have never had a problem.

Ta

TRACY a.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Worth every Penny!

Excellent--it is a wonderful company that helps me keep my wonderful company moving!

Pros

We have used GoToMyPC for over 10 years. It is reliable beyond compare and very easy to navigate. The support department has been rarely needed during this time, but when needed the support is excellent.

Cons

It's a little pricey--we run several computers separately but it is ultimately worth the cost to never have a technical issue or problem working remotely.

Wine and Spirits, 1-10 employees

Management from a distance

Overall, very positive experience. Would recommend for any small business that needs attention from a distance.

Pros

Go To MyPC allows me to make the critical decisions that allow my business to meet my patrons needs quickly and to thrive profitably.

Cons

there are very few bumps in the road to most effective use of the application. Occasional lapse in remote printing and past problems with pop up ads on entering seem to have been solved.

DM

Denise M.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Love using this product

Pros

Being able to get to my computer from where ever I am and being able to remote print.

Cons

Pricing is the only thing that comes to mind.