CampBrain Logo

Camp management software with meal planning

CampBrain Reviews

Suggested alternatives

roverpass
jumbula
uplifter

CampBrain Customer Service is amazing. Any time we have had a need not supported by the software they have worked with us to figure out a solution or to add a new feature to meet our needs.
Easy to use with great skill for students that is fun for them.
Not all camps are the same and sometimes difficult to get the things/ specific reports needed.
No online integration for website on the conference side.

Jeff Y.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Clean look, easy to use

Overall, CampBrain is a great system and has a great team backing it. We would have stayed with it had the pricing been better.

Pros

Great look and user interface. Simple to use and understand with tweaks available to make some tasks easier. Customer service is phenomenal and they really work with you to accomplish your goals.

Cons

It was a bit pricey for what you get compared to other software. No (current) automation for reports or other tasks, everything seems to be built around look/functionality instead of user experience. No online integration for website on the conference side. Not able to separate package pricing into accounting codes with any ease.

BA

Becca A.

Religious Institutions, 501-1,000 employees

Used other for 2+ years

CampBrain

CampBrain makes registering campers, and tracking all their information very simple and easy. It allows us to separate our variety of programs into different groupings so we can make things easier for both ourselves and clients. The inclusion of the health centre helps keep information together even once the child is at camp and keeps it recorded long term. Additionally the auto-emailer is an incredibly useful component that saves significant time for us.

Pros

CampBrain is the best registration software I have ever used. It is so intuitive for both the front and back end users that using it is quick and simple. The program is able to balance structure (to keep things simple and easy to repeat) with flexibility (so the program can perfectly suit your programs). Key features like cloning your seasons from year to year, excellent reporting features, and full...

Cons

The only feature CampBrain does not have that I would like is that they do not have an option for an agency to register multiple children on behalf of the parents. We would love to have the option for an agency to have a master account through which they register many children from multiple families so we can still collect full family information while making it very clear which agency/location the child is a part of. CampBrain has found multiple work arounds for us but does not actually have a "master account" feature.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Camp Brain review

Pros

What I like most about Camp Brain is the look. I also like the ability to click on a reservation and get more details.

Cons

Camp Brain frustrates me a lot. The thing that bothers me the most is going from one month to another. There is no flow. Also, that you cannot change your week to start on Sunday like a traditional calendar. I do not like that there is not an option to make a room/meeting space clean (ready) or dirty. We have to use a google document for that. Overall the software is laggy and needs major work.

NP

Nancy P.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Great product, reasonably priced

We have found customer service to be top notch. They have been prompt with the setup and changes to our forms and reports through the years so long as you keep in mind there work load recommendations for scheduling. They do a great job.

Pros

Was fairly simple to transfer our existing data into the new format so as to not have to do a complete new program setup. The forms and program also has a rational flow for our users and families.

Cons

Our initial decision was based upon being able to get our retreats, summer camp and donor tracking into one database. Retreats and summer camp has been accomplished, but when the donor tracking came out our definitions for its functionality were different and we could not make that change. It will let you enter donors but not to the extent that we are accustomed making us drop to many features.

JI

John I.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Camp Brain works for camps

I have had a very positive working relationship with the Camp Brain software and the Camp Brain team.

Pros

The best aspect of Camp Brain is their fantastic support team. No software is perfect and no end-user is all-knowing. The ease of contacting their team with one phone call and getting help is priceless.

Cons

I have worked with Camp Brain software for 6+ years. In that time, there have been features that I needed/wanted that were not present. However, the development team at Camp Brain has worked and filled almost all the gaps I saw and others that I was not aware of. The primary element that I would like to see more development is a specific transportation module. The toll sexist to manage our transportation now, but they could be more straightforward.

AA

Amy A.

Excellent for Group reservations for conference center. I struggle with indiv. "camper" registration

Keeps me organized and easily generates the reports and invoices that I need.

Pros

Note: I am on the desktop version. For group reservations, it is efficient. Easy to look up past retreats. Tech support is great. Nice features to forms. Easy customization. Creates invoices and contracts and lots of reports. I am happy with it.

Cons

For the few times I need to register individuals, the "Camper" side is frustrating. It may be that I haven't used it enough to truly learn it. And it is odd as this software is mainly designed for camps and camper registration. But I find I cannot find history on campers other than general info. Charges all appear on same invoice, even once paid, making invoices confusing for my older clientele. Some...

LW

Laura W.

CampBrain tracks important data for group reservations at our camp

Pros

You can record a good depth of information about reservations - meals, facilities, charges, accommodations, and more. You can easily copy repeat groups from one year to the next.

Cons

We have the locally-based version which lacks some of the functionality of the cloud-based version. If contacts work with multiple organizations they do not carry over. Reservations for accommodations are by day - I wish these could be booked by the hour. Customer support is an additional fee for the local version.

Sc

Shelly c.

Hospitality, 51-200 employees

CampBrain

Very very positive.

Pros

The support from the CampBrain team. I began with CampBrain when it was a desktop software and then followed with them to the cloud. We still use CB desktop for one of our programs. For our day camp we were able to customize registration down to specifics within a day. Most CAMP software was setup as week long sessions at the least, CB allowed us to set up sessions by day.

Cons

Most things we may have wished were different at some point were addressed and updated along the way. The biggest thing is that it would be great to be able to adjust fees at a session level without affecting fees for the whole set up. Also, in order to customize reports in the cloud, you have to learn another system. In desktop, if you learned Access you could customize.

RD

Ryan D.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Camp Brain

CampBrain greatly helps us with keeping our logistics organized. We use the conference center side as well as the camp side. The combination of the two works well for our needs.

Pros

- Great to keep track of calendar with multiple groups coming and going - Can input lodging, meals, meeting spaces - Alerts when something is double booked - Can log communications

Cons

- Not all camps are the same and sometimes difficult to get the things/ specific reports needed

EP

Erin P.

Useful, but complicated

Pros

CampBrain makes it easy for me to see the different children I am teaching during summer camp at my school, filtering by the different sessions and options of attendance.

Cons

When sending emails through CampBrain to my families, I wish there were a way to CC a colleague or fellow camp counselor. Instead, I can only send emails directly to the families, with them only able to reply to me, not the entire team. It's also a lot of steps to find the right group, filtering through all the different menus, to send an email to.

ES

Emily S.

Religious Institutions, 11-50 employees

Amazing Customer Service

Pros

CampBrain Customer Service is amazing! Any time we have had a need not supported by the software they have worked with us to figure out a solution or to add a new feature to meet our needs. When we switched from the desktop to the online version of CampBrain, the training and instruction was thorough and personalized. I highly recommend CampBrain to any camp looking for a software to manage camper registration, cabin assignments, etc.

Cons

Any time we have had a need, CampBrain staff has worked closely with us to meet it. Thus, there are no cons to the software I can name, as it has worked so well for the needs of our camp staff.

TJ

Taylor J.

Religious Institutions, 51-200 employees

Review of CampBrain

Campbrain keeps all of our information and calendar organized in one place. it has become the main software we run our operations off of.

Pros

It pretty much does everything which is nice to have all of the information that is needed to do anything all in one place. with that being said it is still fairly easy to navigate and operate the software even though it does so much. It has the capability to run any report you could want to have and in many different ranges.

Cons

It has the capability to send out email information to groups of contacts that are in the system, but it doesn't have the option to send that same information in a text, even though it has that information in the system.

AM

Adam M.

Best Program Ever

Pros

I love this program because it offers online registration and real-time registration numbers. The reports are easy to run and you can set up automatic replies.

Cons

One thing that I don't enjoy about Camp Brain is the crossover between different "programs." We use this site for various "programs" at our school. I wish that all of the programs were merged into one site.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Great for campers but not well integrated

Pros

The camper registration part is great! Lots of information and easy to find.

Cons

I don't like that the camper and fundraising modules aren't integrated very well.

Joe R.

Recreational Facilities and Services, 1-10 employees

CampBrain is the central nervous system...

Pros

I like that it allows us to see the history and to track campers and staff. I like that it is not tied directly to how many people are in the database for pricing. I love the customer service and responsiveness. The longer we use the software the more useful it gets for data tracking and reporting.

Cons

Some of the modules are not as useful as I may have hoped. It can be hard when you first switch over to this software to retain all of the information I need.

AC

Alicia C.

Used other for 1-2 years

CampBrain makes signing up for camp and tracking participants easy!

Easy to use with lots of options!

Pros

I like that this software saves your information so that every year you sign up for camp you do not have to input your information over and over again. I also like that Camp Brain allows users to easily run endless reports to see the status of each camp session.

Cons

I find this program to be user-friendly and have not had any issues. However, sometimes I find that parents get confused when they are signing themselves up for camp with their kids.

SA

Stephanie A.

Complete frustration

Pros

It makes all of the camp registration process available online. We are able to organize our camp and camper data in one place.

Cons

It is horribly frustrating to use. Every technical efficiency problem we have is because of CampBrain. The database is so difficult to use, when people register for camp it doesn't automatically populate the fields in the database so each camper still needs to be manually entered at the camp office.

LC

Lynne C.

Used other for 2+ years

I love this software!

Pros

I used this for years when employed at a Summer Camp. It is incredibly easy to use and the reporting capabilities was top notch.

Cons

I did not have any issues with this product

KK

Karen K.

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Braincamp GREAT Math suppliment

Great program to suppliment math for younger students

Pros

Easy to use with great skill for students that is fun for them.

Cons

A few highe rlevel activities for older children would be nice