LearnDash Reviews

Jonathan B.

It´s my first experience with this plugin, it is really fantastic, very easy to use it, intuitive and when you need help they answer you quickly and try to help you.

rd

rosa d.

Super awesome and friendly customer service. They talk with me in normal language so I can understand and they really try to get to the heart of the issue.

MC

Margi C.

DW

David W.

Yet the worst is customer support. I have been played for a fool for 2 weeks.

RD

Richard D.

You setup a fake test/quiz, with one question and use that to get a certificate window, go into your builder, and start laying out your certificate.

JF

Jeoff F.

Solid LMS Package

Transcript

Dave: I'm Dave, founder of a speaking and training business. I give LearnDash a five star review. For...

All the basics covered with a great interface

So far, there hasn't been anything missing from LearnDash. We were able to launch our online learning program in just a few days. The learning curve was easy to overcome and we were able to get all of our content online with no problems. Each time we were stuck on something the documentation was able to steer us to the right answer and the one time we needed to reach out to support, their response was quick and helpful.

Pros

We purchased LearnDash to integrate with MemberPress. Because of this, we do not use any of the payment, membership, or subscription functions in LearnDash. We use it exclusively to present courses, record quiz scores, and provide certificates. For those tasks, LearnDash is the perfect tool. The tools to build your content are drag and drop simple and the management tools are easy to understand. Integration...

Cons

Student reporting is adequate, but a little unimpressive. There are reports that can be downloaded, but there is no real dashboard to track student progress.

The most flexible online LMS platform for small to mid-size schools, organizations, and businesses

LearnDash has been a very helpful tool for many of my clients, whether it was small colleges looking to take courses online, teaching organizations providing Continuing Education Credits, or individual experts looking to take their classes online.

Pros

Because it's based on WordPress, LearnDash not only comes with a lot of customization settings out of the box but plugs into a huge community of themes and plugins that can take your design and functionality practically any conceivable direction!

Cons

Some third-party developers created low-cost add-ons that didn't provide as reliable of a codebase as the core LearnDash software. Stick with reputable developers for third-party add-ons such as those mentioned on their website.

Best LMS plugin for online courses website/platform

Pros

LearnDash is the best LMS plugin for WordPress. We are using this plugin since 2018 and it's a top tier LMS plugin to build an online courses website. One can easily intergrate learndash LMS plugin and offer online courses or trainings. There's also an opportunity to offer paid courses and collect payments using PayPal, stripe etc. LearnDash plugin has a lot of built-in features 1. Drag and drop course...

Cons

Learndash LMS is the best WordPress plugin and we are not facing any problem yet. Only the thing is the plugin price is a little high. I suggest learndash to announce special packages for the students and teachers as it's not easy for students and teachers to manage such amount. I believe in front of learndash features current price is nothing but I still suggest learndash officials to announce special packages for students and teachers. We are a lot happy with it and not facing any problem yet. It's fast and secure. Thanks learndash team.

Woocommerce and Product Feature not compatible.

Unfortunately you must make an early decision if you wish to use the features of Learndash or create a profitable product. While LearnDash goes to great lengths to showcase their features. Once you attempt to use these outside of their limited sales pathway many will no longer be available to you. Using the features and scalable processes of woocommerce will remove many features that make Learndash...

Pros

Suitable for small, internal, and experimental projects. Lacks the sophistication to create a large, scalable, and sellable products.

Cons

Unfortunately while it is possible to sell courses through woocommerce, doing so will remove the listed features of the learndash product. Most businesses will end up selling through woocommerce to unlock automations and the power of wordpress (ie adding customers to mailchimp, adding the sale to accounting software, directing a customer post sales path etc). Unfortunately once you make a product available for sale through woocommerce many of the listed product features fail. Most notably the course prerequisite feature. Users can purchase any course available in woocommerce regardless of any restriction or settings made in Learndash.

We are really sorry that our product didn't meet the specific needs of your unique use-case. We hope that you have found a solution that works for you. We wanted to address a couple points from this review since it contains misleading information that might confuse others: - Course prerequisites still work when selling with WooCommerce. Content cannot be viewed until all of the determined conditions are first met. -Using WooCommerce to sell courses doesn't expose a business to legal issues. If it is preferred that a product in Woo not be displayed until a prerequisite is completed first then this is indeed possible using LearnDash features.

Learndash is almost a perfect tool for digital courses

Pros

Easy system to use after you learn the basics, you have lot of options, like open a lessons only if the student passed the previous exam, and there is a progress data on every student.if you looking for a tool to create a internet course with exams, LearnDash can do the job for you.

Cons

-There is limitations with the design options -there is no option to reset the exam clock even if you close the window and start the exam again, the clock will continue from the last point.

LearnDash let you build a great e-learning structure

The Learndash team is on it. Once you create a ticket for any question or concern, they will response quick fast, efficient and direct you to the right path with clear instructions. GREAT SUPPORT TEAM!!!!

Pros

It offers deep functionality that lets us build and customized courses for the management team. Very well structured and run smooth.

Cons

Nothing about the functionality of the software , but the integration of third- party plugins to some important functionalities that should have like a robust reporting, a student (user) portal page and a gamification structure.

A proven and robust tool to create and deliver educational courses

We've used this for a new course we recently created and it has been working well for our students. They provide video training and solid documentation to help get going. It can be confusing at first, and we've had to adjust our course as we've gone along and learned, but once you get used to how it works then it's fast and simple enough.

Pros

The fact that it's used by large universities in Florida, Michigan and Washington gave me confidence that it is reliable. We like how easy it is to create new lessons and assign quizzes to them. The add-on library is fairly large to help expand its capabilities. It's a popular tool with a lot of resources online to help learn how to make the most of it. There are a lot of built-in options for tweaking how it works.

Cons

It is somewhat complex to use compared to other options. That's partially because it provides so many options. You have to put some time into it to get it setup how you want and understand how it works, so it's not as fast to get going with as some other services would be. It could use more question types for the quizzes. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to view all of a student's essays and quiz answers on one page, however there are custom-made plugins that help with this.

Great piece of software

Pros

Easy to use and configure. Support has been great, they try to understand and help.

Cons

Certificate editing, simply awful. I found my way around and make it work, but for sure it can be better.

Very helpful and solved an issue which saved me a lot of time and stress

Really enjoy using Learndash for my business

Pros

I really enjoy building my online courses and course portfolio - it is very enjoable and user friendly process to use.

Cons

Nothing, it has allowed me to create a great course platform

A great tool!

I work as a coach and thanks to Learndash I'm a creating my online academy to sell my courses and start to gain a positive passive income.

Pros

I really love learndash and I'm sharing it with my clients. It's easy to use, gorgeous to look and with tons of possibility to create what you have in mind!

Cons

I had trouble understanding how to connect groups and courses.

E-learning Test Prep Perspective

So far it has been pretty good. Setting it up was just what i expected - lots of youtube videos and trial and error. But when you get the hang of it building courses and everything is fun and smooth. Support has been great.

Pros

- Course creation is intuitive. - User friendly. - Layout of course is practical. - Documentation is handy along with "how to...in LearnDash" youtube videos. - It is a right level of simple. Not to the point where it is too simple where you don't feel like it delivers value to the students and not to advanced where it is too difficult for students to use. - Support is helpful.

Cons

- I think you should have the option to mark anything complete. - Add more options to the outline of course. As of now there is only Course, Topics, and Quizzes. It would be handy if you could add homework Assignments and Handouts. Within these Assignments and or Handouts there is checklist that students could follow to check progress of there homework completion. After the checklist is completed only...

I chose LearnDash for flexibility

I've been very pleased with LearnDash. It's well-designed, well-documented, and well-supported. It scales well and I look forward to continuing to work with it well into the future.

Pros

I had been using a hosted LMS, but grew frustrated with the artificial limitations imposed on me by its design. I made the decision to switch to LearnDash for the flexibility, so that I would be able to manage and present my courses in whatever way I deemed appropriate for my customers, and so that I would have full control of my content. (The hosted LMS would not let me keep my own backups!) I also wanted to have full control of the user experience.

Cons

There really aren't any cons, as long as you understand this is a large application with many options. The learning curve is substantial, but absolutely worth the time and effort required to master it.

What a Learning Portal/LMS should be.

I used LearnDash to set up a Learning Portal at my prior organization. it allowed me to deploy content to a large user base through the portal, while also allowing me to track our content being used in their xAPI compliant LMS systems and completions of content through our Help system.

Pros

Building a learning portal on WordPress is brilliant. The core features of LearnDash in creating courses is great. Good quiz engine and solid features for offering and tracking courses with clear progress indicators. But the true power of LearnDash is that it works with virtually any theme, and expands its utility with the WordPress ecosystem. Aside from solid partner plugins for coursegrids and gradebooks, there are additional tools that really give LearnDash some amazing content features like H5P and tools to embed and track content from leading eLearning tools like Articulate and Adobe. No end in sight.

Cons

The most challenging parts of LearnDash are managing WordPress and Plugins. The challenge of adding more and more features with plugins is the administrative maintenance it requires. Users just need to be very clear that unlike using a vendor LMS that you just upload content, they must be prepared to get "under the hood" to maintain the system. This is common with professional WordPress Administration, but learning professionals who just used an LMS may not be clear on the fact that this does require some web administration skills.

Excellent product - terrible support

The Good : + Excellent functionality for authoring courses with all expected media types supported + Excellent functionality & UX for users taking courses + Full-featured for those starting with a blank slate + Mobile responsive (with our theme) The Bad: - Very hard to integrate with existing customized website (theme, plugins, etc) - GravityForms integration virtually useless - Unable to drive course access or pricing based on WP user role - Apparently no hooks allowing implementer to modify their course enrollment process. The Ugly - HORRIBLE SUPPORT!

Pros

The features/functions of this product are top notch. Particularly if you are building a new eLearning site and are willing to use their theme and their UX OOB, this is very easy to implement and has great features.

Cons

The support experience has been horrendous! My task has been to integrate this LMS into an existing website which is very complex and sophisticated, without turning the existing UX on its head. The Support organization has been utterly useless either re-directing me to other plugins or mis-directing me with information that was simply wrong. The GravityForms integration is so poorly conceived as to be useless for my needs, and Support cannot provide any developer-level assistance at all. I've tried everything to get through to them - even contacting the CEO via LinkedIn - with no success. I'm now on the verge of demanding they cancel my license and refund the fee.

After months of testing Saas and WordPress LMS plugins, LearnDash came out on top.

This software is helping us simplify and streamline our ability to deliver online training to students at an affordable cost.

Pros

We needed many features that were hard to find in SaaS based LMS solutions and WP plugins. Here's a list of features that pushed us towards LearnDash because it worked with our stack or is helping us upgrade it: 1. Integration with Zapier (allows communication with our Podio CRM hub) 2. Integration with any Shopping cart with One-Click Upsells. We will be migrating to SamCart after 6 years with...

Cons

My biggest con is that this is a WP plugin and I'm hesitant to run mission critical software on WordPress. But since all the SaaS LMS' solutions were missing critical features, I decided to give this a shot. In order to gain some peace of mind and find a middle of sorts, I decided to go the extremely safe route with hosting and chose Kinsta since they use the Google Cloud and their pricing structure is reasonable. Plus, having a "staging area" is nice along with their daily backups, crazy speed and Nginx reverse proxy caching.

Very grateful to rep , who has delivered exceptional support, by far the best help desk service!

Overall quality of finished workshops is superb, and students express enthusiasm. Originally my designer warned me, "This system is hard to learn, but you'll be pleased with the results. That's true. I do want to give a shout-out to the support team. Rep has given me exceptional tech support, and I can't imagine a more helpful, knowledgeable, kindly guide to the mysteries and complications of LearnDash.

Pros

The finished product. My workshops have exactly the components I wish: As many lessons per course as I wish, installing video and audio recordings, quizzes, and forums. Once I learned how to use the software, it leads to a superb product.

Cons

Over-designed! On the whole, from my perspective, LearnDash is difficult to learn; an upgrade has resulted in far too many choices. For example, used to be that I could easily upload a FILL IN THE BLANKS quiz. Learning the new method, with upgrade, was far more difficult. Each question takes about 6 extra steps, compared to one step previously. As an educator, I do find it offensive that it's supposed to be desirable to copy quiz parts and, apparently, crank out as many quizzes as possible. Why not make that a plug-in, rather than standard operating procedure for those of us who create quality workshops and prefer to not over-complicate.

Fantastic Front End Design

We have a small CellPhone repair shop in Anaheim, CA. But over the years technicians around the world have been watching our youtube channel, to the point that now we teach MicroSoldering online to all our students. LearnDash is helping us with the heavy lifting of putting it together and presenting all the materials to our students on a secuencial matter, pretty awasome piece of software.

Pros

Easy to setup, able to re-use different lessons for different courses. Good constant flow of information and ideas trough their blog. Fast customer support response.

Cons

Not able to create the lessons titles inside the course creation. In my case, I use (Course-Modules-Lessons), I can create the Modules inside the course creation, but the lessons I have to go to lessons and create them outside. (Not a mayor hassle) but would it be very convinient to be able to create them inside the course, only the titles that is. Also, not being able to 'Clone' an existing course with it's modules, lessons and quizes, but with a bit or looking I was able to find a couple of plugins that did the trick.

LearnDash really offers a lot for the cost - well worth every cent!

We've used and extended LearnDash for about a dozen different client sites (I'm a web developer) - it's easy to set up and our easy to show our clients how to use it. When we've needed to, we've extended the plugin with the Uncanny Owl plugin, some of the other plugins, or through custom code.

Pros

LearnDash is easy to set up and works well with WordPress. I've been using LearnDash for over 4 years and each version gets better, with more options and power. It is the best way to offer online courses, either paid or free and we've set it up with grading or certification for several websites. LearnDash has a lot of features including courses, lessons, quizzes, and more. Also there's additional plugins to help extend it further or if you're a PHP programmer, you can extend it even further. It costs but it really is a premium plugin and they do have great support.

Cons

There is definitely a learning curve the first time you use it but it's all laid out logically and you'll figure it out in no time. Quizzes can take a while to set up but straightforward. There's a few things that are buried in the settings that can be gotchas but overall a really solid product.

Solid LMS Package

Pros

I started tinkering with LearnDash a few years ago but never launched my initial product. However, I kept my license active and watched as the LD team continued to upgrade and refine the product. I'm very much a DIY developer and I love that this full-featured package allows me to run a very sophisticated LMS system off of WordPress. The Notifications Add-on fills in a missing piece and enables me to create subscription content wit email notification of timed course content.

Cons

When setting up notifications, it's necessary to manually specify a recipient. If you miss this, nobody will get the email. If "user" was the default recipient, you wouldn't have to double-check in most instances. And in the list of notifications, this would be a great setting to be able to change in bulk or at least see in the dashboard without having to open each notification. Also, while I'm able to do this with shortcodes, I'd love to see a header and footer template for email notifications, and maybe even a visual builder.

LearnDash has nearly made my career

LearnDash has been so useful in my "day job" that I've leveraged my course design into a "side hustle". I honestly don't know what I would do without it.

Pros

I looked at other options, explored Moodle extensively. All our sites are built in WordPress, so I had a fair bit of familiarity - so when I discovered LearnDash, I was excited to try it. This is the exact plugin I needed to solve my compliance and training problems. They keep upgrading its core functionality, I've found other plugins to extend its features, and their support team is very helpful when I make stupid mistakes.

Cons

One would really benefit from a solid understanding of WordPress to make the best use of LearnDash.

Top Gun eLearning Software

I've had a wonderful experience with this software. It does everything I want it to do. And given the new ability to use "groups" as "memberships," I'm even more impressed.

Pros

I am a big fan of LearnDash for a number of reasons, one of which is its ease of use. You don't need much skill to set up LearnDash given the very detailed tutorials on YouTube.

Cons

Compared to other eLearning softwares, there's nothing I like least in the sense that I give this much thought.

Brilliant product, great support, loads of plugins

I installed Learndash to host and sell online learning videos. I run face to face training mainly and the online courses support that. It has worked well for me and I have been selling courses also for a few months. I have a feedback from at the end of my course and one of the questions is 'how easy is the website and course to navigate?'. 19 people completed the questionnaire last month (the first month), about 20% of users and they 18 scored it 5/5 and 1 4/5. So that says to me that the Learndash user journey and experience is really good. So overall I am really pleased and to be honest its amazing that such tech is available at such a good price.

Pros

It is just great value for money - what you get even as standard is really good. Loads of free plugins which are great. And I really like Notes and Private Sessions paid plugins. The support is also very good and genuinely helpful

Cons

The only tricky part was working out the plugins needed for user registration, but there is an excellent guide on line. Like with all Wordpress tech theres always a few different options and it takes a while to figure out what is best for you.

Awesome Support Team

Overall, my experience with LearnDash has been wonderful. It is an easy-to-use tool that is the basis of our eLearning platform

Pros

- Ease of use and set-up - Built-in functionality to present users courses in an organized way - Compatibility with multiple plug-ins and themes - Great value for the price

Cons

- Sometimes the features are a bit restricting

Highly recommended LMS plugin for WordPress

I discovered how easy it was to create online courses. LearnDash has allowed me to expand my client base.

Pros

I'm a WordPress implementer. A couple years ago I was approached by a client who wanted to develop an online course for non-native English speakers to study for their certifications. I'd never developed online courses before so I had to do A LOT of research. For that project, I decided on LifterLMS and I still do most of my online course development with Lifter. I'll go into why in that review, obviously. But...

Cons

There's no support for multiple teachers per course. Lifter's frontend student dashboards are nicer.

Excellent & powerful product

Pros

It has many of the features that we were looking for right out of the box without added plugins. The Course Grid View feature with video previews and custom layouts is also exceptional. The codebase is robust and it's got a lot of fantastic documentation. The support is just next level as well. That's played a huge role in our development, as we needed quite a bit of advice on advanced customization for our build. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on the support team went above and beyond, with same-day replies packed with detailed, and useful information.

Cons

There are a couple of features that are currently available only as WSDM Labs plugin add-ons that I would like added to the core functionality, such as instructor roles and customized testimonials/reviews. But in general, it's extremely good.