All categories

Microsoft Office Lens

OCR solution for businesses of all sizes

Microsoft Office Lens Reviews

Jim Paul B.

Chikadibia E.

I use it to scan images with texts that I want to keep saved (newsletters, documents, etc.). The repositioning of the photo is great and helps to make all text readable.

Jamesson T.

Cons

Sometimes on my android phone it lags and fails to save scanned documents. Also on minor occasions the app failed to recognise the document.

YASSEEN T.

Sebastian L.

Sometimes it fails to recognize the right shape of the paper.

Adil A.

4.5

What I think about Microsoft Office Lens

Pros

Easy to use, good filters and scaling to scan images. Direct and effective storage and sharing.

Cons

Perhaps the theme and layout could be made more interesting, customizable and with a more pleasant appearance.

I have been using this app for a long time. The auto detection feature during clicking is awesome

Pros

I have been using Microsoft office lens for more than two years now. I find it is a great improvement to what I was previously using. The Best feature that I like about this app is that it auto detects and crops the subject during picture clicking and saves time, unlike other apps where auto cropping is done as a post processing part. Being a free tool, office lens offers OCR feature for exporting to text format in PDF and Word, which is often missing in the free versions of peer apps . Thirdly, It doesn't add a watermark to the output files.

Cons

The user should be allowed to tweak the parameters that control the picture quality. Some peer apps have the option of regulating the contrast, sharpness, details and brightness as soon as the pictures are clicked and cropped. Second, office lens should support more options than scanning from just documents, business cards, etc (for example, powerpoints and greeting cards offered in peer apps).

Very good pocket scanner

Pros

It is very easy to use and very fast snapshots. It will automatically detect pages and very high quality.

Cons

That sometimes it takes a few seconds to reach the exact corners of my scanned paper.

Confusing Set-Up

Took months to get set-up all the way completed as there was an issue with the Microsoft customer service reps not being able to assist with set-up or integration. Very frustrating experience.

Pros

Microsoft is one of the world's leading software's, so it integrates with most other products nicely.

Cons

The customer service for set-up was awful, took weeks to get everything properly set up and the customer service reps don't seem to know what they are talking about.

"Great document scanning app"

It is simple to use.I can simply save to my photo Gallery,so there's no requirements to use any Microsoft cloud services.

Pros

I can quickly scan my paper documents,and export them as multi-page PDF files.I have been utilizing Microsoft Office Lens focal point for a long time,and I am very satisfied. It is truly useful and simple to utilize software.I use it also on my telephone. My filtering commerce cards could be a idealize fit for this kind of app.

Cons

To be honest,there isn't anything in the app that I really miss.Almost every function is included in the kit. The only drawback is that it takes a long time to load,otherwise it's fantastic.

Review on Microsoft Office Lens

Helps alot in scanning the file by keeping the orginal features which helps to read the files uploaded by the students clearly

Pros

Easyness to use.Helps to scan without loosing orginality.Easy to save in any form

Cons

Diffult to attach the file without copying to acrobat.Filters are not applying as previous.

Best Scanner App

I have used and fell in love with this software that I find it difficult to pinpoint a thing I least like about it. Generally, the software has been wonderful and a time saver and stress reliever. I cannot remember the last time I went to computer shops for scanning.

Pros

Office Lens is the best scanner app I have used. It is worth 5 stars. The premium android version can copy out text from sheets, read text directly from scanning and save documents in pdf and other formats too. This app is recommended for all students and office workers for best obtainable portable scanning without depending on traditional scanning machines.

Cons

It is difficult for me to find what I do not like about this software.

Office Lens - Review

Microsoft Lens is a very application for day-to-day scanning of documents, it adjusts the focus and tries to get the best scan possible using mobile. Overall it is a very useful application.

Pros

The biggest plus is it is free of cost. One can easily scan documents with the help of a mobile phone and collate the information on Office lens. It has support to share the files across

Cons

Editing options are a bit slow and not up to the mark. It is a bit slow compared to Camscanner.

My scanner is always with me thanks to Microsoft Office Lens!

I am very pleased with this program, which I started to use especially at the time of the pandemic. When some documents need to be scanned and sent because I have been working from home for months, Microsoft Office Lens can be a perfect solution.

Pros

It scans my documents perfectly. Document quality is at the best level that can be done with a phone. This is the most important feature for me.

Cons

I think the software is at a pretty good level right now. Only loading times can get quite long sometimes. This can be improved.

scan and print easily

I would like a better design and that within the same software the print queue could be organized and thus be able to schedule and print them automatically

Pros

What fascinates me the most is the ease of use that I have available at any time without the need for a computer, besides that we can export a document directly to Microsoft Word to modify it quickly

Cons

I would only like small improvements in terms of appearance and accessibility of some tools, but in general terms it is very good software

Outstanding capabilities

It's okay, it's no because with all my office software so I don't have to change a thing and even stores in Dropbox and everywhere else I need it.

Pros

Well I use office lens at home and at the office. The scanning software is amazing it does there's no smudges there's no glare when you skating any type of documents they come out at looking just like you type them up it's perfect for office use. The pros for me is as far as getting in the home photos and memories. Office lens make photo's pop. office lens has the ability to take to make older faded worn photos look like you just snapped the picture yesterday. I've never had to go in and enhance a photo with office lens or change anything I could just scan it in and make a print copy beautifully. I had a free trial and ended up switching and not going back to my old Lenox.

Cons

I like you too. It's very easy software to use.

A removable scanner that is very practical to use and transport

Microsoft Office Lens has always been able to fill the gap when I needed a scanner at the office or on the road. The application is very well managed despite some bugs that are still quite rare. I therefore recommend Microsoft Office Lens at 90% to scan all your documents in emergency or not as well as to scan business cards, flyers and other documents.

Pros

Microsoft Office Lens is a reliable tool that offers free but high quality scanning services. In addition to all these advantages, it is available on your smartphone. Microsoft Office Lens solves the problem whenever you need to scan photos or documents in a very clear and precise way. When you are on the move and suddenly feel the need for a scanner thanks to Microsoft Office Lens you can scan everything you need. The functions of the buttons are simple yet so powerful. I use it a lot to scan documents and take snapshots of words written on a whiteboard.

Cons

Despite all these advantages, Microsoft Office Lens also has some drawbacks such as a loading time that is sometimes too long. Or the difficulty to scan the entire document even if it works well most of the time.

Scanning Made Easy with Office Lens

Microsoft Office Lens is a reliable tool that provides scanning services for free but with maximum quality. On top of all these perks, it's just a click away from your smartphone. I use it during meetings when I don't have with me my laptop, or at moments when I need to take a super clear shot on any document such as memos, announcements, or even receipts at supermarkets or hardware stores which I could use as a proof of purchase or for reimbursements. Thanks, Microsoft!

Pros

Microsoft Office Lens solves the day whenever a need for crystal-clear scanning of photos or documents arises. It's the go-to application when you're out and suddenly feel the need for a handy mobile scanner, realizing that it's an application in your smartphone. The tool is easy-to-use although the walk-through tutorial upon installing it is of great help too. The buttons' functions are simple yet so powerful. I use it a lot in scanning documents and taking snapshots of words written on a whiteboard. It's also a recommended software for taking random shots whose quality are at par with those of other top applications out in the market, or maybe better.

Cons

The scanning feature is one of the best and it's so reliable when used. If I may suggest though, the focusing task is sometimes a little annoying especially if the correct shape or outline is not easily met. But overall, it's best at what it does which is performing like an actual scanning machine.

Software Review

A sure time saver, where I have to gather and communicate a client's ideas input without affecting their time line. In general I believe to the office worker, it should be thanked for destroying permanently the office scan machine queues and bringing a communicable scan to hand. It definately saves the none collateral presence, where you can just quickly scan and submit especially for mitigation purposes without being there physically.

Pros

An instance where binary actually steals work from a machine. One piece of software that completely and in a new way replaces the physical scanner. Without much aligning instructions, as machine scanner would require: lens without much ado grabs your document in to the digital and gives you the whole right to toy and toggle it to you desired shape without without infringing the actual content. Having...

Cons

As a camera dependent software, your make of camera or phone can hamper output as it depends on your pixels and ambient light.

Microsoft Office Review

Overall you experience is very good I am for this software and also my collegues who use it .. Its the most widely package in my office.....

Pros

Its being over 20 yrs I a have being 20 yrs I being using this software apart from the existing features lots of new features are added over the years like autosave, now days it understands what you want to type ....Its simple to use and value for money. It can be any application I use from Word to excel or powerpoint the experience is amazing...You dont get lost if don't know anything the help button helps you...

Cons

Frankly there is nothing I really miss in the software . Almost all the features are there in the package.Only thing is it takes time to load otherwise its amazing

A completely free sw to store images of important data like blackboards, documents and pictures

Excellent software to take quick pictures and share as professional documents and scans.

Pros

Absolutely free, no need for Office 365 to use it. You just have to have a normal outlook or live account. Or a Microsoft account. Great alternative to AdobeScan and CamScanner. Automatic recognizance of documents, blackboard, pictures and business cards to store it to the optimum quality. Automatically fix the document angle in the picture to make it look like Cut or fix the picture to the size you...

Cons

Sometimes slow but I can accept it because it is recognizing a lot of information in the picture, figuring out what is. No document can be saved locally, only the pictures.

versatility and everything

It is a formidable application. Great supplier quality and that makes file scanning much easier.

Pros

One of the best ways to digitize files using a smartphone. Compatible with several OS. It allows instant edits to the caputures and eliminates the need for large scanner equipment. With it you can scan files wherever you are using just a smartphone. Allows the user to choose the output format of the jpg jpg file among others.

Cons

I've never had any problems. However, it has a limitation that is the user's own, depending on the hardware of the equipment, it may be that a smartphone as a simpler camera cannot achieve an image quality.

Most Well Known Word Processor Service: Microsoft Office Lens

Microsoft Office Lens was a requirement to use in college as it has Word Processor ability abs it is the only Word Processor service in the college computer lab. I used this service multiple times to create book reports and to write college English papers.

Pros

Microsoft Office Lens has a wide range of features to assist a writer. The word processor is very detailed and so much more easy than type writers, without delete buttons or cloud storage providers. The software lets you easily choose a template and format your creation. Within your creation you can choose font style, font size, font color and even change in mid paragraph within the same document or Word creation.

Cons

The cost of Microsoft Lens is the only negative aspect. It is only used if purchased usually within Microsoft Office Suite which contains multiple computer programs within.

Microsoft Office Lens -

Pros

I have been using MIcroosft Office Lens for a long time and I am very satisfied. It is excellent to scan papers and documents in a fast way. It is really helpful and easy to use software. You can crop and edit your documents on the go and upload it on your cloud. I use it on a daily basis for my job and in personal life.

Cons

None. I like everything about Microsoft Office Lens.

Love Microsoft Office Lens

I am saving my company a lot of time by using Office Lens. This is a very fast and easy way to send PDF's.

Pros

I love that i could scan stuff very easily by just taking a picture it automatically crops it for me, and it's ready to go. Easy as 1 - 2 - 3.

Cons

Theirs nothing bad to say about this application.

Really cool features

Overall, Office lens is a must-have application for every person that has either a Office 365 account or a personal Microsoft account. I use it almost every day to capture pictures of whiteboard drawings and upload them automatically to my OneNote.

Pros

It is really convenient to have a mobile scanner that uploads pictures taken of printed documents, whiteboards and even spreadsheets and converts them and stores in your preferred cloud storage solution.

Cons

It can be a bit confusing to set up, especially if you have both a personal Microsoft account and a Work or School account (Office 365) on your mobile. Sometimes it wants to save to your personal OneDrive but tries to authenticate with your work credentials.

MS Office Lens Review

It helps create pdf's without the use of a scanner which is very convenient.

Pros

It's very easy to create different types of documents through this app (I have used it primarily for creating pdf's). The app is very easy to use and saves the files within the app. Files can easily be shared through all the options available in the phone, like WhatsApp, Gmail, etc.

Cons

The app is fine but the major requirement to create good pdf's is that the smartphone's camera should be good. If the camera is not clean or isn't a good one, then the user will encounter problems relating to the clarity of pdf.

Scan Professional Documents without a Scanner!

I like that no matter where I am at, I can scan any document. It has been so convenient especially working virtually to get sheet music to my students online. Overall, this has been a great product and a nice change to other apps I have used.

Pros

I love that I can use my phone to scan any document any time and have an incredible, clear picture as a result. I have tried other scanner apps for sheet music and they just aren’t able to capture the detail like this app is able to do. It’s free and many other scanning apps charge. I’ve been impressed with the way I’m able to arrange each page in a different order than it was scanned before I upload it as a PDF.

Cons

Sometimes it doesn’t accurately crop the images so I have to manually do it, but it doesn’t take much time and is fairly simple to do.

Very good pocket scanner

Scanning documents or paperboard is now very simple !

Pros

Microsoft Office Lens is very easy to use. It is efficient for scanning documents with a smartphone or to backup paperboard for further use. It is fully integrated with OneDrive.

Cons

No great defaults for this product. OCR function sometimes needs manual correction, but this is accpetable for this kind of (free) product.

Very Simple Review of Microsoft Office Lens

It's highly efficient and easy to handle. Can be accessed through both laptops and mobile phones, which is the best part of it. I suggest all my friends to use this app for scanning purposes. It has always worked as a time saver for me. It doesn't add watermark to the output files, which I love the most.

Pros

It's the best scanner app that I have ever used. Its highly reliable, providing high quality scanning services. I also use Office Lens to capture clear images of official documents. Its highly efficient in focusing the camera on the document and avoid capturing the surrounding space. It also converts images into PDFs and documents. Direct, effective storage and easily shared.

Cons

I feel that a more pleasant appearance should be provided with customisable themes.