Nanonets OCR

OCR and deep learning platform for digitizing documents

visit website

Nanonets OCR Reviews

AL

Adrian L.

As per my experience, Nanonets OCR is one of the best software for extraction. I really appreciate the team and company to give this kind of software for OCR implementation.

PR

Prakash R.

MK

Majesta K.

Cons

Sometimes it just stops working suddenly. Not facing these issues for some time.

NG

NAVEEN G.

JC

Jon C.

Annotation is quite time consuming but I cannot think of a way this could be avoided other than using your paid annotation service. I think it is a necessity associated with the process.

MB

Martin B.

4.9

Very easy to use

we can start create a custom model by uploading 10 samples, nanonet can read whatever the position of the document and whatever the kind of document type

Pros

This software is really impactful, easy to adopt, easy to make a custom model, flexible to deploy

Cons

limited output when implemented on-premise

Great Customer Service & Software

Just like any other product in the world, customer service/support must be of outmost importance. In Nanonets, fortunately, this was not the exception. We received great attention from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who provided support 24/7 and was always willing to assist.

Pros

Probably one of the easiest softwares to use in the industry. Anyone without prior experience can upload data and extract it with their solution.

Cons

There should be better documentation on the Cancellation Policy, but besides this none.

Enormous time saving witn Nanonets

Enormous time saving

Pros

comprehensible technical documentation for all products easy to use and easy to train the models in Invoice OCR product

Cons

the design part in "Invoice OCR" product.

I really loved it and will keep using it in the future.

Pros

Extracts data from documents quickly. Saves time and effort required to do it manuaaly.

Cons

I don't see any downsides. It is really helpful.

Useful and simple OCR service for data preprocessing

I'm writing master thesis and working with data analysis technics. In my case Nanonets OCR goes to process with handwritten text with the best accuracy. It gave well-build structured data that can be taken for further modeling. Also I must admin the fact, that with API it gives many opputunities in different ML spheres, not only text analysis

Pros

High accuracy without standard limits, that allowed to process almost any image or document User-friendly output formats directly or via modern API Possibility to train own model or use pretrained one

Cons

Just one tip to add some SQL extension as output formats

Extract details from contracts & invoices

My overall experience with Nanonets has been delightful to say the least. The ease of implementation, administration, and use makes our jobs easier when it comes to digitizing large volumes of agreements, invoices, and other partnerships related documents.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to intake large volumes of documents, reasonable price point

Cons

No issues faced so far, the experience has been excellent.

Nanonets is a game changer

We are using Nanonets (free) to process handwritten forms. In order to automatically import them into our CRM. It has already saved us a lot of time.

Pros

What stood out most to me was how user friendly it is. It's an excellent user experience from start to finish. If you have a game plan for what and how you want to process something it is as easy as 1 2 3. It is very easy to customize to our own forms and it gets better at it every time we use the software. Editing mistakes within the software is also very easy and way faster than when we would normally process the forms by hand.

Cons

Nanonets is based on AI that needs you to select the text to extract as closely as possible, whereas I feel for our handwritten forms it would be great to set markers for fields and after that, have the AI read all the text within that field. Just to avoid it mixing things up. What would also be good is to be able to set field properties e.g.: numbers only, text, yes or no, like you would when using tables.

Useful for extracting info

Pros

Had the setup in place for collecting info from financial docs.

Cons

Not much to dislike works pretty well from the beginning

really good OCR software i ever seen

it's flexible to extract any type of document you need

Pros

easy to use, UI friendly, non-developer can use this apps, can integrate into many API

Cons

not compatible to mark sample when it's rotating 20º, and can't do flexible shape of marking

Excellent team driving the product forward

The team was very responsive and worked closely with us to perfect and tailor the product to our specific needs.

Pros

Agile ability to meet customers needs with speed.

Cons

None.

Quickest and most accurate OCR annotation I've used to date, bonus points for their customer service

I needed to perform OCR annotation and extraction (image to text), with the base images being close to a tabulated format. The immediate benefit was to have the data exported (CSV) in a clean table layout that perfectly coordinated with the layout in its image form. The data was [*]100% accurate for all data rows which were human-legible. *They offered hands-on help with annotation to ensure that my training models resulted in an accurate production result – take advantage of this extra help! It'll save you time and the outcome (data) will be precise.

Pros

The OCR annotation was accessible, quick and accurate 👌 Their customer service was also proactive in assisting me with the initial annotation for the training models, with a speedy turnaround that enabled me to extract and export my data within 24 hours of registering my account.

Cons

I didn't like that the table annotation (list items) has opaque column headers, which means that you have to zoom in and readjust the table size when the column headers happen to be floating over a valid (legible) data row. Nevertheless, I pinged the team about this and they were aware of the issue - they have it on their roadmap for UX improvements.

First stage of data input to collect data room data in a DD process using MarkLogic Data Hub

Contract onboarding, Due Diligence - very good product and a perfect service by the pre-sales consultant!

Pros

The system can be calibrated to recognise information from any document type! It takes about 60 minutes to calibrate and you can start reading these documents automatically!

Cons

I was not sure, whether Nanonets provides cloud services in european data centres?

Custom PDF conversion

Nanonets team (Sales and Engineering) quickly understood the need and implemented what was needed. They also responded very quickly to the contract terms our legal team requested with no friction.

Pros

We have many different data feeds we intake and perform ELT processes, but could only get PDF files for a new custom program. Nanonets software approach made it easy for me to fully automate the conversion from PDF to normalized data we can quickly ingest.

Cons

Integration was very easy. Once we customized the export with Nanonets it only takes a few short minutes daily to process. Once this is out of pilot, we will fully automate with no human touch needed.

Food label OCR Recognition

I'm a AI italian student and I'm writing on my degree thesis. I'm working on a regional project. I developed a mobile application that use a Amazon OCR, that recognize the animal batch on a label food. My target is to elaborate the dataset with some processing and segmentation techniques and process them on a simple OCR; then I compare my results with a pre-trained OCR. In my thesis I'll quote also Nanonets that it was the most powerful pre-trained system for text recognition.

Pros

Nanonets it's the most powerful OCR software.

Cons

Probably nothing. I think it is also useful and smarty.

Great product!

I have very positive experience with Nanonets team. I think best in class in invoice data extraction.

Pros

High accuracy, easy to implement, excellent support team! Awesome annotation team!

Cons

We need post-processing the invoice data for creating structured data.

good initial impressions

Pros

the best part is OCR boxing to train models by labeling. I don't know any other product offering this kind of service. UI is great too.

Best OCR I could find

Pros

This software was the best I could find for reading data from blurry PDF tables. It was able to infer the values of blurred or partial numbers fairly well, and after proper training it was effective at picking out the table structure. The turnaround time was quick - I was able to read and output hundreds of tables in a relatively short period.

Cons

The model training process is a little tedious and involved delineating the table structure by hand. This would have been a quicker process with a smoother user interface.

Good to know Nanonets

Pros

Easly to create a model and implementation where ever we can.

Cons

I think there is no least about this software. Everything is good.

Very positive

Much quicker than manual invoice processing which we were previously using.

Pros

Very high reliability when using documents of a fairly uniform template.

Cons

Everything we needed and great support

Does exactly what we needed. Got what we were sold. Great experience.

Pros

Our use case was performing OCR on around 750 pdfs a month of the same format but each with their own unique data. We use a zapier integration to populate the data and upload to our marketing platform of choice. Does exactly what it is supposed to do. The support team is amazing. Helped us get setup the whole way and checks in regularly to see how things are working or if we need anything.

Cons

A small learning curve but the support team trained me well and now I am able to manage myself.

Nanonets, the product I didnt think I needed

The customer service, and the product are unmatched. They will work with you and your needs, and the AI is powerful and responsive. just 10 test documents and its off to the races.

Pros

We have an issue in our firm, where bad data can cost us more than a lost receipt. Nanonets helped put a stop to that problem, by allowing our receipts to be OCR and searchable. No longer are we losing or missing data / bad data inputs. The computer does it for us

Cons

Unfortunately the price is a little bit on the steep end, but if it wasnt saving me money I wouldent be writing this review.

Fantastic Software for data extraction

Pros

Nanonets is very user friendly and comfortable software for data Industry, its much better than Microsoft cognitive service or AWS

Cons

I didn't find any draw backs in the software

Nanonets OCR for MyItems

Great customerservices, functional software and the integration was smooth.

Pros

Our development team have implemented Nanonet OCR to scan and read receipts and invoices, and extract data such as amount, date and vendor.

Cons

The software works, but since the app is international, we have to deal with different ways to write dates and different characters for decimal separators.

Easy to use and great results.

Smooth, with no major issues and have been doing great progress discovering all Nanonets can do.

Pros

From the beginning you can start creating models without any previous knowledge about it. On any doubt their documentation is well organized and even if you can't solve your problem with it their support team are there to quickly help.

Cons

The OCR sometimes don't recognize some text even thought it was recognized in previous tries.

Stellar Product

Pros

When a project came up where zonal extraction was important as well as accuracy I tried their API and it gave me a very exemplary results, they also have the provision to provide training for our own customised models, that was the major attraction.

Cons

I didn't experienced anything yet as most of my requirements were solved by them.