Patriot Payroll Reviews

Online payroll software

4.81/5 (519 reviews)
1,245     2,813

Anonymous
Financial Planner (Financial Services company, 51-200 employees)

Great Value

28/04/2016

I was looking for a simple and cost effective payroll solution for my small business. I got quotes from about 5 different leading providers when I cam upon Patriot Payroll. The other providers had not even heard of Patriot but they didn't even come close to matching the value Patriot provides.

Pros

Simple, multiple tiered offering, amazing value, free trial, easy to use.

Cons

Can't think of any, it took me awhile to get used to but that is just because i had never done payroll before, but now it is a breeze.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Patriot Software, Inc

Thank you for the fantastic review! We love our customers and are happy we are helping you keep your time and money!

Joan grantwriter Richardson

You Must Try!

27/04/2016

Hi Patriot Software I switched from QB/Intuit after experiencing multiple issues in relationship to errors in payroll tax calculation and payroll account assess. After 7 months of phone conversations with company reps, the problems were not resolved and I had enough so I canceled the account. I began an online search for a payroll accounting system and I stumbled upon your company. Patriot provided me with a 30-day free trial period and I found your software easy to use it didn’t take hours to figure out as did software I’d used in the past. I was impressed! So impressed, I called all of my friends and asked them to give your software a try. Today, I thought about how easy Patriot made my transition from QB/Intuit payroll and decided to share my experience with other business owners. I personally “thank you” for developing a product that has made payroll and paying taxes so simple. Your software placed me on top of payroll issues and allows me to run my business with ease. “Thank You!!!” …and your company has unbelievable customer service.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Patriot Software, Inc

Wow! It's testimonies like yours that keep us motivated to continue with an excellent product and service. Thank you for the awesome review. You made our day! :)

Timothy Jones

Almost Too Good to Be True

23/04/2016

I don't know how they are able to profitably provide such a terrific service. They virtually replicate the "big boys" or do even better at a fraction of the price. The days of the big service providers with their legions of staff and absurdly paid executive ranks are rapidly coming to a close. I really enjoy working with Patriot Pay.

Pros

Easy to work with, affordable, accurate. What else can you ask for.

Cons

Longish wait times on the phone for help but zippy if willing to go the chat route!

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Patriot Software, Inc

We love hearing that we have shown you unprecedented value. Mike Kappel, our CEO and founder thought that traditional payroll pricing was outrageous too. It was his mission to create a reliable, accurate payroll and accounting software at affordable prices so small business owners (like you) can keep your time and money for what matters most.

Anonymous
A verified reviewer

Patriot Payroll is great.

22/04/2016

Patriot Payroll made it very easy to process the first payroll. Customer service is very helpful and pleasant. Good experience for new users. Makes our job easier. Thank you!

Pros

Ease of use and very few implementation issues. Saves time and money.

Cons

Customer service hours could be a little longer until 6 or 7 pm.

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Patriot Software, Inc

Thank you for the terrific review! We are so happy we have made your payroll process easy. After all, who has time for complicated payroll?
We will take note of your request for longer customer service hours. We are listening!

Jill Lounsbury

Great Product!

22/04/2016

I have been using the payroll part of Patriot Software for almost two months now, and I am keeping it! Patriot Software saves me time, I only enter the amount of hours and the day of payday, and everything else is done for me! I can run the important payroll reports right away, and all the information is right at my fingertips. You can do it from anywhere there is internet! The cost is VERY reasonable, anyone can afford to use it! The whole month of trial time gives you plenty of time to go through the software and see what they have to offer! The software even exports your payroll information into Quickbooks!

Pros

Time saver! It literally takes 3 minutes or less to run payroll! Confidence booster - the calculations are done for you, and you don't have to worry about accuracy! Everything is there - great reports! Cost efficient - very affordable to use! Quickbooks integration saves you time and effort! You are in control, but your information is secure. Great customer service!

Cons

I can't think of any cons!

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Patriot Software, Inc

Thanks for the wonderful review of our payroll! It makes the whole team at Patriot happy when we make you happy.
Best,
Patriot Software

Lam Ho

Absolute Steal for Amazing Service!

21/04/2016

We were looking for a low-cost but comprehensive payroll option for our small nonprofit and tried several options: Patriot was the best, by far! It saves up a ton of money, but more importantly, time every month. It's easy to use and very accurate: something critical, given the potential consequences for failing to file/pay taxes--or doing them incorrectly. We are 100% satisfied with Patriot, and would recommend it for anyone!

Pros

Ease of use Comprehensive service (payroll, taxes, direct deposit, reimbursements, pre-tax expenditures, reports) Customer service (among the friendliest, most competent--which is short supply these days, and fastest I've ever used) VALUE: Patriot is cheaper than all the usable options we tested

Cons

Only one minor one: it doesn't have automatic payroll processing for those pay periods when we don't have any payroll adjustments.

Time used: 1-2 years

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Patriot Software, Inc

We are so happy we are giving you the value your non-profit deserves! Your kind words about our product and customer service made our day!
We are taking note of your request for automatic payroll processing. We are listening!

Stephen Hatch

Love Patriot

21/04/2016

I am a total clutz when it come to business related things but Patriot Software has made doing payroll for the first time fairly easy. I am using the software for a single member LLC filing as an S-Corp and only using it for payroll. Although they cannot offer tax advice (obviously), they have done a tremendous job at fulfilling my needs and walking me through a process that could be quite difficult. I would use them again in a second

Pros

Ease of use Customer service has been stellar Price and value Online user-interface has been fairly easy to navigate

Cons

I wish that my payroll could be set up to withdraw each month automatically from my bank account. I can see why this could cause problems though if you forgot that it was going to be taken out and you didn't have the funds. It would still be nice in my situation

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Patriot Software, Inc

Total clutz? Never! You are a small business owner who is an expert in your business. We love you were able to get your payroll done easily so you can get back to what you love.
We are taking note of your request for automatic payroll. We are listening!

Coopers Dogpatch

Thanks Patriot

21/04/2016

I researched carefully and found that Patriot offered me everything the higher priced swrvices did. Plus as a new employer they walked me theough employee set up and answered several questions promptly and thoroughly

Pros

Ease of use and superior customer support

Cons

Haven't found any yet

Helpful?   Yes   No

Response from Patriot Software, Inc

We love new employers! Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

Customer testimonials for Patriot Payroll

The following testimonials have been provided by Patriot Software, Inc.

“In small business, we are told you get what you pay for. That is a lie. I am getting way more than I could have dreamed. I am absolutely amazed. The software is easily half the cost of any other option out there. It is absolutely unreal. Your service has continually blown me away. I wish everything in life was as easy to get started and get help with.”

Antonio Gonclaves

I highly recommend Patriot Software to any business! Starting up was very easy with knowledgeable people at Patriot. Anytime I ever called in with questions, support was so helpful and very friendly. Definitely a 5-star plus!”

Jennifer Miller

Patriot Software was a godsend. The software price point is right where we need it. The software has all the tools we need for a small business instead of hiring an outside company to take care of our administrative purposes. The software package was easy to learn and teach to our new employees. Our employees can login and access their own present/past paychecks. If needed, I have the option to override anything I see fit. I have already recommended Patriot Software. I cannot say enough good things about it!”

Lyman Schimming

Patriot is a great piece of software. The whole system is very easy. I have used Quickbooks in the past and that was a nightmare. You guys are extremely helpful with any questions that I have. I have recommended you guys.

Eric Feldman

Great software that is easy to use with great customer support. I have used payroll software with other companies in the past, and it’s been a nightmare waiting on hold and not reaching a knowledgeable person. With Patriot, you get quick, expert support every time. I have already recommended you guys

Tie Smith