Patriot Payroll Reviews

4.8/5 (1,140 reviews)

Tony Bredin

Patriot Payroll has great customer service and is easy to use!!

Reviewed 2018-02-16
Review Source: Software Advice

This is a very user-friendly and inexpensive way to get payroll done. This software has saved our company a lot of time and money. I would recommend this product to small and medium-size companies.

Neal Piersol

Bang for your buck!

Reviewed 2019-09-04

I had tried ADP and PAYCHEX before switching to Patriot. As a sole proprietor running a small business, I was not prepared to handle payroll taxes. ADP was so expensive, i felt. Paychex had me depend on a person to take my info and process it. That person was off one day when my payroll needed completed and i missed payroll! That didn't go over well. For the last few years we have used and fallen in love with the simplicity of Patriot. I input the numbers and it gives me a PDF to print onto my checks instantly. It's all I ever wanted.

Crystal Stone

Honest Patriot Payroll Review

Reviewed 2019-09-16

This software has saved me a huge amount of money regarding payroll.

Marshall Mullet

A low-cost Payroll service

Reviewed 2018-07-06

It's one of the lower cost full-service payroll providers out there, and it has an attractive feel, and will appeal to business owners who are not full-time HR professionals. The dashboard is straightforward, decently uncluttered, and shows useful information at a glance, with the ability to quickly dive into more information as necessary. Running payroll is also relatively easy once everything is set up, and with full-service payroll, they will take care of all filings as well which is nice. The service is pay as you go, cancel anytime without penalty.

Vickey Richardson

Great Software for the Price!

Reviewed 2018-10-09
Review Source: Software Advice

Overall, Patriot Payroll works very well for my bookkeeping business and I would highly recommend them for other bookkeepers, small business owners, and nonprofits. I was using a very expensive full service payroll software that works inside of QBO...but had so many issues with them that when I switched to Patriot...it was a breath of fresh air! Their support was so much more "supportive" and being able to control the payroll transactions in QBO was wonderful! AND paying a fourth of the monthly fee of the "other" payroll software for better and more reliable software was nice too!

William Rowland

What a life saver

Reviewed 2017-03-16
Review Source: Software Advice

Even with the check printing challenges, I love the service. Nothing is perfect. We have been with Patriot for over a year now and our experience has been very consistent. We moved from another payroll service that cost about the same but did far less and had issues several times a year. I feel Patriot Software is fair. Most of the time when companies of multi service options as "piece meal" solution, the company does this in order to maximize the appearance of low cost. With Patriot, it is not the case, in my opinion it is to allow business owners to pick what their company needs.

Carol Madsen

Used it for a month, liking it so far.

Reviewed 2016-07-06

Took me awhile to navigate everything, mostly because we've never employed anyone before. I needed help to get started and great customer service to get me through the process since I was unfamiliar with all that was needed. They took me from New Hire to setting up the payroll. You can print checks or write them out yourself. It's been pretty smooth. Competitively priced.

Karen Foti

I tell everyone about Patriot Software!

Reviewed 2019-09-13

I was really desperate to get another payroll system after several years of frustration with Paychex. When I first saw that I would be the one handling all the payroll, I was very intimidated by the concept! After all, I went to medical school, not business school. Then, I realized, if Paychex can repeatedly mess up the payroll, I was fairly sure that I could do it competently with the Patriot team's help. And it was the smartest business decision that I have made. It is so easy to set up, and running a payroll takes less than 10 minutes- including the time to print out a report! As a business person, it puts me in control and is an easy tool to use. Love would be a strong word to use but let's just say, when the patriot jingle comes on the radio, I smile and sing along! Oh- and it costs half of what Paychex was costing for doing the same thing! Can't beat that!

Ralph Phares

Heard About Patriot Software On The Radio

Reviewed 2019-08-05

I was using QuickBooks Non-Profit for accounting and payroll. The payroll add-on was so expensive and I had to file and pay all of my reports to the IRS, and state and local taxing authorities! By switching to Patriot all I have to do is record the transactions and file all the reports of collections, payments and filings. By switching my nerves are settled and calm knowing that everything is taken care of and is correct! No pressure now.

Melissa Close

Reviewed 2019-09-04

The software is so easy to use compared to other payroll software.

Rebecca Kus

Patriot Lifesaver

Reviewed 2019-10-22
Review Source: Software Advice

I use to have so many problems with taxes and filings and now it is a breeze!

Katie Bowling

Patriot software's Full service payroll ---save the time and hassle of payroll filing yourself

Reviewed 2017-01-06

Customer service is prompt, friendly, and helpful. When a mistake was made, they took responsibility for it and covered the fees involved. Payroll input is fairly simple, though any changes made to an employee's info must be done before you start the payroll or you have to cancel the entire payroll and start again after the employee info has been updated.

Harvey Fisher

Great Product for the Price

Reviewed 2019-10-03

I really enjoyed the software and it does a lot that these other software providers offer but for a cheaper price. I would recommend this to anyone needing a payroll solution.

Melanie Hackworth

Home Child Care

Reviewed 2019-09-03

Patriot allowed me to run weekly payroll for my part-time help in my In-home child care. I used a different payroll program originally but they raised their prices and combined thier payroll with other features that I did not need. Patriot gave me just what I needed and I could pick what bells and whistles that I wanted for a small extra charge.

MIROSLAVA GONZALEZ

AWESOME PAYROLL SOFTWARE

Reviewed 2019-11-05

I use this software for all my payroll customers and I have never had a problem with anything, reports submitted on time, accurate and excellent customer support. I love it!

Renee Cantwell

Full service payroll customer, and wouldn't switch elsewhere!

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2018-04-02

Full service payroll at an economical and predictable price, that does everything that I need it to.

bryan clark

Very affordable

Reviewed 2019-08-05

Patriot software has saved me hundreds in payroll and accounting expenses.

Chris Dectis

Get a real company to do your payroll

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-05-03
Review Source: Software Advice

It is very inexpensive and takes on clients that have very few employees. Customer service reps are EXTREMELY HELPFUL, polite, and very knowledgeable of the program abilities and shortfalls.

Vakota m

Top Notch customer service, implementation and good value

Reviewed 2017-11-14
Review Source: Software Advice

The customer service is the best feature; they are so willing to go above and beyond in getting the software setup, training, and any questions along the way. Once set up, the software is easy to use and is a very good value.

Anonymous

Awesome software...great price as well

Reviewed 2019-05-03

I moved over from gusto because the price. And they do just as much as gusto. I recommend it to all my clients. They have excellent customer service. I have not had an issue with them.

Judd Price

Patriot Payroll - Great Facilitator

Reviewed 2019-10-21

Patriot Payroll has met my needs for a payroll system and communicates well regarding holidays and tax statements. Thank you.

Jjohn Cossey

Great and affordable total payroll and more

Reviewed 2017-02-17

I have used Patriot Software for several years and love it. It's the total package. My employees handle their own time cards and payroll forms, Patriot handles all the taxes and filing. All my HR tasks are managed online as well as document handling. For the price, you can go wrong.

Lanita Smith

I am a fan!!

Reviewed 2019-10-07

I have been very impressed with every facet of the experience with Patriot. I hope they do not falter, and continue to offer a fabulous price with robust support!

T Rockefeller

Patriot Software the solution to put payroll in the easy column

Reviewed 2017-01-04

We needed a software that would handle Payroll and filings. Patriot software fit the need perfectly. No software to upgrade, no tax calculations to handle, no filing to take care of -it is all handled by a patriot. Just simply download the W2s and print and if the employee has agreed to receive an electronic W2 then attach it to their login. They enter the portal and can get directly to it. My favorite part is the no-nonsense filing. You run the payroll and the file. You can even print your checks or set up direct deposit. This software works for you not against you!

Lakisha Spletzer-Garcia

Easy to Use

Reviewed 2019-08-21

Having the use of direct deposit and also sending my quarterly payments in on time has saved me many headaches and stress. By using the Timekeeping, I've gotten rid of trying to track employees' time by hand which has been a huge relief.

Kelley Roff

Excellent decision to change

Reviewed 2019-06-26
Review Source: Software Advice

We are a CPA firm and our company made a major switch from another payroll provider. The switch couldn't have been easier or smoother!! The customer support team is AMAZING and so easy and helpful to work with. We are extremely pleased that we made the switch.

Ray Domingue

Simple & Straightforward without breaking our Small Business

Reviewed 2015-11-01
Review Source: Software Advice

This product is so simple and easy. No software to install or updates on the software, this is a web portal (aka "the cloud") where you can essentially log in from any computer. Testing this out for 1 month was a breeze. It's not complicated and the GUI is straightforward and not riddled with numerous options so you know exactly what you're looking for.

Stephanie Badger

Chose Patriot

Reviewed 2017-03-08

I like that Patriot Software is very user friendly! The site isn't cluttered. The payroll reports are easily downloaded. I did a lot of price comparing before choosing Patriot! They are very reasonable and without the headaches of Quickbooks!

paule valmont

User friendly/ Very easy to use software

Reviewed 2018-12-09

Patriot is very easy to use software. Employees gets access to update their info anytime, anywhere.

prentiss ingraham

Patriot Payroll review

Reviewed 2016-07-26

great customer service, price is 80% less than what we paid our previous service adp. we can get through to real people and not be on hold

Jerry Stephens

Outstanding option

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-10-01

I prep payroll for about 20 clients. It usually takes about 20 hours but that includes times spent making payroll entries in the accounting software. I use the full-service option so payroll tax deposits and reporting are handled (mostly) flawlessly.

Jaime Robinson

This company is easy to use, and customer service is 100% RELIABLE EVERY TIME I CALLED. Value for what they do versus what you pay is amazing!!

Used daily for free trial
Reviewed 2017-06-13
Review Source: Software Advice

I highly recommend this product. They are WAY cheaper than any other payroll company that I looked into, and the services Patriot Software offers versus other payroll companies was the exact same, if not better.

Amy Johnson

Don't wait. Sign up today!

Reviewed 2017-01-13

Patriot Software is affordable, easy to use software. Support staff is friendly and easy to reach. If your small business is looking for accounting software that is headache free and easy on your budget, I highly recommend Patriot.

jaime Santiago

Love Patriot Payroll

Reviewed 2019-07-05
Review Source: Software Advice

excellent thus far I have been with them for about 4 years - will continue with them

Regina Speaker

Easy and Quick Payroll Reporting

Reviewed 2019-06-21
Review Source: Software Advice

Patriot Payroll is extremely simple to use. I particularly like that it generates my payroll tax liabilities, like Form 941 and W2s for example, with the information submitted from the monthly payroll logs. Prior to using this software, I spent hours working on payroll tax liabilities. Now, it is as simple as logging in the date range for the tax information you need and in seconds, the tax reporting forms are available. That simple!!! So glad I didn't waste time with other payroll software prior to finding Patriot. Not sure if any other vendor can stack up to Patriot's ease of functionality.

Beth Kayhart

Amazing company!

Reviewed 2019-08-12

I own a small bookkeeping service. Partnering with Patriot for payroll processing for my clients has been an awesome experience. I recommend them every chance I can!

Lam Ho

Absolute Steal for Amazing Service!

Reviewed 2016-04-21

We were looking for a low-cost but comprehensive payroll option for our small nonprofit and tried several options: Patriot was the best, by far! It saves up a ton of money, but more importantly, time every month. It's easy to use and very accurate: something critical, given the potential consequences for failing to file/pay taxes--or doing them incorrectly. We are 100% satisfied with Patriot, and would recommend it for anyone!

Snehee Chaplot

Great product at a good price!

Reviewed 2019-10-08

I love it! I would recommend this to anyone who is looking to save money on payroll and HR services.

Sheila Boeger

New Paid Time Off Accrual

Reviewed 2019-10-31

My experience since 2015 has been exceptional! The few times I have enlisted the assistance of their customer service department, they have been kind, patient, and professional.

Lisa OHearn

Overall like this payroll provider

Reviewed 2018-02-15
Review Source: Software Advice

Overall one of the most cost effective payroll providers out there.

Nathan Kung

Reviewed 2016-11-16

It is useful software, It will effectively replace quickbooks for a small business. It will cost significantly less than a quickbooks subscription, However is not as streamlined. To get things done will take more work. However as a Non accountant small business owner it was better in my eyes to go with Patriot.

Jerry Stephens

Solid Affordable Option

Reviewed 2016-07-18

As an accountant who prepares payroll for a couple dozen clients I've used at least half a dozen payroll products over the years. I recently moved my entire client base to Patriot. I've found it to be a solid, affordable solution. I'm looking forward to a long, mutually prosperous relationship.

Anita Demla

Easy to Use and Customer Support is Very Helpful

Reviewed 2019-08-12

This is a really great software that's easy to use. Customer service is always super responsive, I can get online and chat with them instantly most of the times. If they're not able to answer a question they research and get back to you.

Shannon Bronico

Simple, headache-free payroll for busy office managers

Reviewed 2017-04-11

I love how simple and intuitive Patriot is. I have alot to think about everyday as the office manager of a solo attorney law office, including bookkeeping, billing clients, performing the duties of a legal assistant and other office tasks. I'm glad I can rely on Patriot to calculate and pay taxes and file my tax documents so I don't have to juggle all the due dates doing it manually would entail.

Erin del Llano

Patriot Software has saved me and my Business

Reviewed 2019-05-31
Review Source: Software Advice

So far, They have blown me away with all the feature they offer. They have made my payroll and billing so easy.

Kerri Rozeboom

My experience was great with Patriot!

Reviewed 2018-03-27
Review Source: Software Advice

I loved how easy it was to use patriot and the online stuff is super simple and its very easy to run payrolls. I was also never on hold for longer than 5 min if I had to call support which was amazing.

Darcy Carozza

Patriot Payroll: simple, easy to learn Payroll Product

Used occasionally for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2017-08-14
Review Source: Software Advice

I am glad I tried it! I spent some time doing research and find your software just perfect for the small payroll I am doing and I would definitely use it again in assisting other small businesses with their payroll needs. Thank you!

Andrea Soleberry

Reviewed 2016-07-19

Very user friendly interface. Payroll is very easy to do. Setting up the payroll account is also a breeze. The software also gives very detailed instructions on how to setup automatic deduction of taxes and all the paperwork that needs to be filed with the state franchise department.

David Akotia

PAYROLL WITHOUT TEARS

Reviewed 2019-01-25
Review Source: Software Advice

Patriot helps you to organize your HR and payroll with little effort and so much ease especially as it comes in very handy with tax issues. It is also very affordable and requires little payroll knowledge. This leaves you with much more time to focus on other aspects of your business.

Eileen Walker

Great customer service, a decent alternative to Quickbooks for payroll

Reviewed 2016-06-03
Review Source: Software Advice

Patriot Payroll has knowledgeable and helpful customer service located within the United States. The selling point for me was when customer service actually called me back when they had more information to share on a problem I was having. Their website is user friendly. What I need is generally right where I'd expect it to be.

Ramin Sultanov

Very satisfied user

Reviewed 2018-05-22

It has chat section in their customer care service and this awesome and too fast to get information, request help and send quick feedback. Price is perfectly matched, it is just excelllent. Reporting is awesome as well as the search tool. It's too fast to pay by employee section.

Laura Osgood

Fantastic service!

Reviewed 2017-01-12

We are a small business with only one employee. We look at using another national payroll service, and the cost was more than what would make sense for us. Patriot Software has made my life so much easier. They walk you through using the online service, and their customer service is top notch. I had a question in the beginning and used the chat feature and had an answer within 5 minutes. As a paid user, they file all of the necessary state and federal paperwork for me which takes a load of stress off. Overall, I have been very satisfied with Patriot and I will continue to use them! The customer service. When using an online service, there's always a fear that it may be difficult to speak with a live person. You can rest assured their customer service reps are ready to help in any way they can. They're knowledgeable, friendly, and prompt. The layout of the website can be a little tricky until you get used to it. I recommended calling in and letting them guide you through the setup.

Jeremiah Schauer

Payroll made super easy

Reviewed 2019-05-30
Review Source: Software Advice

Great customer support and help both with setting up and with continued support as needed. It runs so smoothly though that I often forget about all that is happening behind the scenes.

Jack DuFour

Perfect Software at Perfect Price

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-08-15

The software is flexible in that it allows me to purchase as much or as little as I need. We are a small business and don't have huge needs in terms of payroll software, and Patriot offered an affordable solution without sacrificing any features we needed.

Paula Teague

Great Payroll software

Reviewed 2019-10-18

Ease of use, ability to direct payroll, Patriot ensures to pay all taxes and file - huge for a small office

Melati Knaus

Five stars in ease of use, five stars in customer service

Reviewed 2019-08-05

Once your setup is done, it's really easy to use. You only need to make sure that your setup is correct. If you need to talk to the customer service, they are always ready to help. Phone calls are answered very quick, email inquiries are the same.

Ray Domingue

Great for Small Business Owners; been using them for 4 years and Patriot Payroll continues to grow!

Reviewed 2018-05-29
Review Source: Software Advice

Since 2014 when I setup our company; I was looking for an inexpensive and easy online solution. Patriot Pay is what I found. Super easy to use and setup. PP is growing and with features like free Direct Deposit and QuickBooks online integration, this makes it a great value for a small company.

Kathy Brown

This software has made my job easier and stress free!

Reviewed 2015-08-09
Review Source: Software Advice

All I have to do is import payroll and Patriot takes care of the rest. This includes computing payroll, filing, submitting taxes and keeping track of vendors, taxes and payroll. It is very easy to use and affordable. When ever I call with questions, the staff is very helful.

Rose Higgins

Great Payroll System

Reviewed 2016-09-21

I reviewed many payroll systems and decided on this product because of the ease, customer service and cost. I haven't regretted this decision at all.

Francesca Franco

Great software

Reviewed 2019-09-10

As a startup nonprofit, we needed something that would be able to meet our payroll needs without breaking the bank. Patriot has done this, in addition to providing amazing customer care.

Kris Brown

Not fancy, but reliable and affordable with amazing customer service.

Reviewed 2018-06-07

Accurate, easy to use payroll service at an affordable price with great support.

Amanda Baldwi

Easy Efficient

Reviewed 2019-10-02

I have been using it for 2 years and have been extremely pleased.

Robin Walker

I am so glad I found this payroll service!!

Reviewed 2017-07-21
Review Source: Software Advice

Bottom line, this is a great value for your money. As a small business owner Patriot Payroll fits my needs perfectly. I use the basic service, so they calculate my taxes and payroll then I write the checks. They gave me the confidence to run my own payroll with no stress. I would encourage you to give it a try. I started with my free month (yes, it is totally free) and liked it so well I stayed with it.

Londa Grinna

Easy to Use & Great Customer Service!

Reviewed 2019-07-15
Review Source: Software Advice

I'm a very small business, 4 employees total. I had checked around and the cost for someone to take care of my accounting and payroll needs were very expensive. Patriot is very affordable and has all of the reports available for me at tax time.

Missy Sorg

Patriot Software revolutionizes small business payroll options!

Reviewed 2016-01-27
Review Source: Software Advice

As a small business, Patriot Software takes the guesswork out of managing payroll and accounting. I plug in employee information, run a payroll, and Patriot does the hard work of managing taxes and deductions. I can run a variety of reports and it makes payroll seamless.

Brittany Durre

In comparison to others it's fine

Reviewed 2017-04-19
Review Source: Software Advice

Price-wise it's competitive, good customer support, they take the money as soon as it's calculated unlike other companies who make you "ask" to take it 2 weeks later.

Joan Brashear

Happy with Patriot

Reviewed 2019-06-07
Review Source: Software Advice

have had good experience with the software and the ease to talk to a representative. I was new and they were patient in helping me understand the software.

Jeff Hyman

Patriot User Review

Reviewed 2019-07-10
Review Source: Software Advice

Very good overall experience from cost to use. Also, very user friendly for the employee, taking some burden off of my shoulders.

Jo Ann Lapp

Exactly what I needed

Reviewed 2017-12-07
Review Source: Software Advice

I needed a basic payroll program that was cost effective for use at the church where I am an administrator. This online program is exactly what I needed. They were able to help me set it up since our ministerial staff has some deductions and reimbursements that are unique to people in ministry. It was easy to begin using and I am very pleased with it. I think for the cost of the program it is great. I use Quickbooks for my husband's company and I am seriously thinking of switching his company over the first of the year.

Kathy Justice

Great Time Saver!!

Reviewed 2016-07-14

I use this software for several companies; each one with a unique situation. The software is very adaptable to all sizes of employers. You can use all or part of the functions, depending on your particular needs.

Angelica Palma

GREAT!

Reviewed 2019-05-31
Review Source: Software Advice

Its very easy to use and if I get stuck I am able to chat with someone within one minute!

Steven Haynes

Amazing Online Payroll Service

Reviewed 2019-09-09

My experience has been outstanding, the monthly costs with Patriot are such a great value. The ease of using this service allows me to spend more time earning my business income.

Ankit Shah

Payroll made easy

Reviewed 2019-08-20

Marcy Yavor

Easy to navigate and great customer service!

Reviewed 2016-11-17

I have been using this software (after trying to do payroll on my own) for about two years. I only have to enter the hours (or for a salaried employee) and they do the rest! I have no paperwork to file anymore. I don't have to send in the checks for taxes. Excellent customer service either via chat or phone.

Curt B

Reviewed 2017-01-30

I have the payroll and time clock manager functions. I think it's quick and easy to use. I like that all the filing with the government is taken care of automatically and I don't have to worry about it. Makes everything a lot more manageable. The few times I have had to contact customer service like when I was setting up the time clock information, the people were friendly, knew what they were talking about, and were able to quickly get me where I needed to go. I would definitely recommend trying it out. It's much cheaper for me than when I had another payroll company managing my payroll.

Kendra Wood

It's like having an extra employee on your staff.

Reviewed 2019-07-05
Review Source: Software Advice

The price is great and the features are better than Intuit and other programs.

shawn fleming

A must have for any business

Reviewed 2019-11-03

It is very easy to navigate. This software took out all of the guess work when dealing with multiple and different taxes.

Carla Schillero

Review for Patriot Payroll

Reviewed 2016-06-16

I've used the payroll software for three years, and have had no problems. My questions have always been answered in a timely manner.

Judy Diggelmann

PA. Local Tax Issues

Reviewed 2017-02-13
Review Source: Software Advice

Overall, the product is a good product. It does what I need it to do with the exception of some local tax issues. I have resigned myself to the fact that I will always have to manipulate the local tax codes when I pay the taxes. And as long as we are a small company, that is not a problem. Then the W2's..........I was late filing them because your company had to fix the W2's and then the file to upload. What a nightmare! Then, it seems that not all of the info for PA taxes was listed. I think that it is still missing PA SUI. But no one has complained so I will wait it out and see who catches it. As long as everything runs smooth, I like it.

Mike Henry

Our satellite offices use this payroll software which is great

Reviewed 2018-05-04

If you have lots of employee payroll needs here's your answer to save time This payroll software actually takes up the slack on paying employee for our projects at some of our satellite offices which saves time and money which of course we all want and need to accomplish oour goals of a company for profit

Daniel Ferrari

After comparing to the big 2 payroll companies .. Patriot stand far above

Reviewed 2017-02-18

Value .. Ease of Setup and Use .. hands off payroll service is as advertised or maybe even better .. during setup I needed help on some questions .. live chat from patriot was fast efficient and provided accurate answers and solutions to my problems .. I don't think any part of the process could have been easier .. the only thing that could have made things smoother would have been if I had all my information available when I started the setup .. that is on me .. could not be more satisfied .. one less worry .. thank you patriot

Christina Lane

Easy to use for a total novice

Reviewed 2018-04-02

I wasn't sure that I would be able to run payroll and make my tax filings for my extremely small business on my own but patriot made it possible. It functions as a high end system with a ton on instant support on the phone or chat but literally anyone can use it. I have never had an issue with their tax reports.

Robert Sulecki

Small business payroll made easy!

Reviewed 2019-09-11

For a small business owner this is a real easy and cost effective way to manage payroll.

Terry K

Easy to Use, Reasonable, with Good Support

Reviewed 2015-08-17

I'm glad I found Patriot Software. I own a small business and was using a local CPA for my payroll, which occurs every other week. Many checks were cut for employees on Friday payday using estimates for their taxes and net. It was always a concern on Monday or Tuesday each week when I'd send in employee hours to my CPA that I'd have them by Friday morning so I could cut checks for my staff. After six or eight months worrying about how to pay my staff, I decided I'd just use Abra HR and Payroll as I did for years when I was the only employee on my payroll. I contacted an Abra reseller to upgrade my license and couldn't believe how expensive it would be. That brought me to Patriot. For a few bucks each month, I can run my payroll from anywhere I can get on the internet. Its easy to use and available night and day. Like any software it has a few little quirks, but none that make me want to stop using it. Overall, its excellent, accessible, and easy enough to use once you figure out how you want things to work. I've told my CPA about it, and now he is recommending Patriot to many of his small business clients with good feedback as well. Good job, Patriot, and thank you.

Jean Van Effen

Makes HR Easy for Small Businesses

Reviewed 2018-06-15
Review Source: Software Advice

It's easy to add an employee, and set up all of the preferences. I have some employees that I pay monthly, others that I pay semi-monthly, and this software lets me set it up that way, unlike some others I've investigated. They take care of all of the complicated employee taxes with the federal and state governments for me, too. I would be absolutely lost without it.

Amanda Reid

Great product and service

Reviewed 2017-06-05
Review Source: Software Advice

We made the switch from a very large payroll processor and couldn't be happier. Our previous vendor had obvious quotas for their sales people, and we were left half set up, floundering, and feeling used right off the bat. Once the sales rep had us hooked, we were left with a revolving door of account managers and regular re-negotiating of our pricing. We stayed for a couple of years because of all the time we put into trying to make it work, but in the end we just ended up fed up and resentful. Then we heard Patriot's ad on SiriusXM. We looked into them, studied their set up, then made the jump. And we haven't looked back since. From the very beginning, the difference in Patriot's customer service was amazing. No high-pressure tactics. No trying to sell us more than we needed/wanted. Just helpful and friendly. And that's just the icing on the cake. Their product is substantial; they offer features in their base package that our previous vendor wanted to charge extra for. I can't speak highly enough of the value of what Patriot is offering. Switching to them has saved us a significant amount on our payroll processing fees, not to mention our sanity.

Tom Heys

I use the software for payroll and time and attendance. Exceptional experience and very easy to use

Reviewed 2017-06-05

Eliminated hours and hours of tax work. Simplified reporting of employees work hours. Made payroll and time and attendance very easy.

Patricia Iubelt

Very efficient

Reviewed 2019-06-29
Review Source: Software Advice

I am very pleased with Patriot Payroll. I have a couple clients on another payroll, (the clients choice, not mine) and the service department is much more difficult to work with than Patriot's.

Anonymous

Reviewed 2019-04-03

Patriot Payroll is a wonderful system. It has made processing payroll so much easier since our company converted to it. I’d definitely recommend it to other businesses.

Ari Lally

Most impressed with their phone support!

Reviewed 2019-08-19

Perfect, no complaints!

yessenia cisnero

Reviewed 2019-08-06

It is a great choice to run payroll and I just recently purchase my workface insurance . I have chosen a great software. I left ADP and choosing patriot is awesome because customer service is very attentive .

Maribeth McDuffie

Alternative payroll provider

Reviewed 2019-08-29
Review Source: Software Advice

Patriot has become my go to for my clients who need full service payroll at an affordable price.

Lauren Beatty

It's the best I've found for what I need

Reviewed 2018-05-20
Review Source: Software Advice

Thanks for keeping the price affordable.

Roger Balettie, PMP

Exactly what my small business needs!

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-07-18

Having Patriot manage my entire payroll experience, from employee payroll to IRS forms and compliance was VERY worth the reasonable monthly fee.

John Hickman

Software has great features and very easy to use

Reviewed 2017-05-22

It streamlined my invoicing and payroll. Its nice to have everything in one place and you don't need training in order to use it.

beveryly campo

A very affordable yet a big help for Payroll System

Reviewed 2018-08-31
Review Source: Software Advice

* the best thing about Patriot Payroll is the simplicity of its features where in you can easily learn how to use it * so effective and accurate

Jack Bua

Sets the Standard

Reviewed 2018-12-19

WE do payroll in a matter of minutes now, like is possible in QB, but the prices are better and you get everything you could want without having to pay for every extra feature.

Jake Douglas

Amazing Value!

Used monthly for less than 6 months
Reviewed 2016-08-26

Patriot Software reached out to me as a professional bookkeeper and I am glad I responded to them - the service has been great and flexible so far. They scheduled a time for me to review a demo and explained the benefits of the partner program for my clients (and me). A real win-win-win!

Dale Murray

Simple to use and affordable

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2017-04-25
Review Source: Software Advice

Patriot Software is affordable and simple to use for the small business owner with little time.Patriot Software allows you to choose how much and how little of the software you would like to use. Take the whole system with accounting aspects or just use the software to process payroll and pay your own taxes.

James Hardy

PATRIOT IS AWESOME. WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND TO ANY SMALL BUSINESS.

Reviewed 2017-07-29
Review Source: Software Advice

While opening a new franchise, we faced a million decisions in rapid succession. We felt a lot of pressure to go with a large national payroll company that seemed like it was more than we needed, but Patriot really seemed like the right choice. I'm so glad I trusted my instinct and went with Patriot. It is everything they say it is, including being simple, cost effective, very easy to use, flexible, and their customer service is really great. We opened with 25 part-time employees and it worked perfectly from Day 1. For me, it's been exactly what I wanted. I cannot recommend them enough, especially for folks starting a new business and not wanting to spend a lot of valuable time with other companies that might be unnecessarily complicated.