Ideagen Quality Management Logo

Ideagen Quality Management

Quality, compliance, safety, and risk management

Ideagen Quality Management Reviews

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.65/10

Reviews by rating

Very good with lots of capability to be explored. Very good on the subject of innovation and ideas for clients.
There are some limitations with reporting on training matrices that are a bit frustrating as we have to manually track training curriculums.
Just doesn't work they way we intended it to. Difficult to navigate\use.
I typed "training" on the search tab and came out as "no topics found" seriously.

Kelsey S.

Research, 1,001-5,000 employees

Flexible, User Friendly Quality System

We have fully automated periodic review of documents and have successfully and easily integrated newly acquired sites into our Quality Management system utilizing the bulk upload and automatic approval features. We are staying compliant with competency testing through use of the training module which tracks required, completed, and incomplete training and allows expiry of training each year. Qualtrax support is always great, very response, and able to provide admin level users with great support through user forums and resource documents. We are also able to troubleshoot our own on-prem instance through access to error logs.

Pros

The flexibility of the Qualtrax software is by far the biggest selling point. The customizable and configurable workflows have helped our organization go almost entirely paper free in our Change Control, Deviation, CAPA and A/P invoice process. We are also looking to add additional workflows in the near future for software access and Action Item tracking.

Michael M.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

AWESOME PRODUCT AWESOME PEOPLE

Our overall experience with Qualtrax has been wonderful! We have been users for over a decade and have watched this company evolve catering to our specific needs. Every issue has been resolved and done so in a very timely and ethical manner. The AHA site makes for a great and easy way to offer suggestions and also to receive support. Our company has had a ROI equivalent to 100's of thousands of dollars...

Pros

USER FRIENDLY CUSTOMER SERVICE Workflows

Cons

THE LOOK OF THE INBOX PAGE. KINDA BORING...

SN

Stephen N.

Overall, very positive. The business has staff in all departments who engage well with customers.

Pros

The ability to configure the system is made very simple. Changes can be made by administrators with minimal effort which is invaluable to any business which is either growing or operates in a dynamic environment. The software has constant releases either for fixes (which obviously everyone wants to avoid altogether) or for improvements. We have seen several iterations of a module in the space of a year which has helped how our users engage with the system. On a similar note, I am impressed with how the company will make changes to the software upon request. Changes are reviewed and implemented in a timely fashion.

Cons

Having to re-create successful pilot projects from UAT to the Live site is a frustration! Whilst I have praised the configurability of the system I believe there are further improvements which could be made to enhance the software further. The module nature of the software has meant some modules are behind others in terms of aesthetics and functionality (but I know this is something the business is working on).

Hi Stephen, thank you for taking the time to review EQMS. We are delighted you have found the changes to EQMS have been made in a timely manner and that you have found the configuration process has been simple. We have our customer voice meeting first thing next week and we will cover how we can streamline the UAT to go-live process. We will let you know whether that is going to be possible. We're really delighted you find the value for money and the customer support excellent. We'll keep working on ease of use and functionality. Many thanks, Emily

EB

Elaine B.

Food & Beverages, 201-500 employees

Very useful portal for supplier management and complaint management

Our complaints procedure is definitely a smoother process with all the information held in one place with the ability to extract management information, including visual graphs, to show trend analysis. Our SLA process is now much easier with a standardised form giving no options for interpretation by the supplier on what information is needed.

Pros

easy to use portal, which you can access all aspects via one single log in. All the relevant information is at your fingertips via the dashboard which is easy to use.

Cons

The portal can be slow at times due to busy usage, but not excessively so.

AD

Andrea D.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Q-pulse is a tool used by my organisation to successfully continues to meet regulatory requirements

Q-Pulse enables business to comply with regulations that lead to accreditations of the work my company does.

Pros

Ideagen Q-Pulse QMS is user friendly software. Q-Pulse support is very responsive and efficient in sorting any issues we might have. Recently, we successfully migrated to the new version of software and the team behind upgrade made the transition very easy.

Cons

It would be great for academy training modules (all including advanced) are available without additional cost to the oragnisations.

Sharon F.

Semiconductors, 11-50 employees

Great Product for all sizes of Quality Management systems

I manage three areas at our site , Q-pulse makes that very easy for one person since everything is documented and recorded in the system. Monthly reports are also easy because of the analysis module which makes reviewing the data easy.

Pros

Easy to use and great customer support. Good help feature so most issues you can figure out on your own. Great record keeping and control on all the business processes in the system. Make audits very easy to navigate since every record is at your fingertips. Being able to make fields mandatory means you never are missing information.

Cons

The online training course for the basic version is not the best, not at intuitive as I would like to see.

Kimberly A.

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Essential Tool

I was handed the Qualtrax platform during my first days on the job and instructed to implement it across the laboratory branch system. The customer support was and is still incredible. The software effortlessly expands to meet our needs. The product development team is constantly adapting and improving the functionality of the system. One of the best gems of Qualtrax is the Users conference that even after 5 years of using the system, still allows me to expand my knowledge of the software.

Pros

Electronic reminders for due date, revisions and document reviews. Workflow module for tracking equipment, CAPAS, customer feedback and a multitude of other activities that are critical to lab management.

Cons

The calendar feature on the dashboard has never been useful

AB

Alex B.

Pharmaceuticals, 501-1,000 employees

Quality System

Pros

I really like how intuitive and user-friendly the platform is. It made managing quality processes and compliance tasks much simpler. The customizable features also stood out to me – I could tailor the system to match the specific needs of my organization. Overall, it helped us streamline our quality control efforts effectively.

Cons

One thing I didn't particularly enjoy about Ideagen Quality Management was the learning curve when first getting started. While the platform is user-friendly, there was still some initial adjustment needed to fully grasp all the features and customization options. However, once I got the hang of it, the benefits definitely outweighed this minor inconvenience.

Eileen F.

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11-50 employees

Qpulse is a great Quality Management software

Having used Qpulse now for nearly 15 years, I found it very useful at time for audit when all data is in one central storage area. It also ensure that everyone is using current version of any document

Pros

We used Qpulse CAPA Module to manage a core process within the company. We then found Audit Module was very useful for managing Internal Audits. Document Module was used as central storage area for ISO documentation.

Cons

Where one person is named a couple of times within one template, they get an email for every action. Unfortunately they are responsible for a number of separate actions so we had no way around this as we needed each action to be recorded.

NC

Natalia C.

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Q-pulse implementation

Pros

Better functionality from previous QMS system. Ability to work across sites and still have access to system.

Cons

Unable to upload multiple documents at the same time with set template/duplicates. Have to do one at a time which meant transfer from previous quality management system was difficult.

PH

Paul H.

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

Review of Qualsys EQMS

The main business problem that has been resolved with having the EQMS is one of compliance. Working in a heavily regulated industry, the EQMS allows us to have full control of documents, staff training, change controls, nonconformances and CAPA investigations, One of the main benefits that we have realised through implementing EQMS is connectivity with our employees and the Quality Management System. This was paper based before and far from ideal but having it available electronically means that users can access the system anywhere and at any time. This is important when users are located in several different countries.

Pros

Impact - the document control database is easily the most impactful feature of the software allowing all employees to easily access procedure they require to perform their jobs. Ease of use - the system is easy to use and intuitive after some training. As with any computerised system, it helps when the databases are used routinely. Integration - when all the metadata had been collected, the integration with existing business processes was easy as the organisation was operating a paper based document management system.

Cons

One of the missing elements is a link from the training database to doc control so that when a new revision of a document is released, an automatic training record should be send to all relevant employees. I have used several other EQMS systems and this functionality is standard. It may be released with version 7 of the database? I feel the training database is not nearly as well developed as the document control db but it is part of the system that is extremely important to our organisation working in a Medical Devices.

TB

Tom B.

Chemicals, 51-200 employees

Robust & Flexible workflows are invaluable and come standard rather than as an add-on or up-sell.

This is a great company to work with. The sales process was not pushy, and they were honest and up front about what the product could and could not do, which is very refreshing for a software company. The onboarding process was great. The trainers are very skilled and personable. The follow up to questions is prompt and very helpful. Technical support is excellent. They respond in a timely manner...

Pros

I love the flexibility that workflows offer. We initially purchased the platform for document management and audit preparedness, which it does exceptionally well. We have expanded its use far beyond our quality department thanks to the workflows functionality. Nearly any process that your organization currently does on paper can be automated as a workflow. This reduces paper, eliminates the possibility of something getting lost or buried under a stack of other documents, and makes reporting a breeze.

Cons

They recently released a dashboard, but unfortunately, the dashboard does not offer click-through functionality. For example, I can see how many open items I am responsible for, as well as their status (new, approaching, late, expedited), but if I click on expedited tasks in the dashboard, I'm taken to my general inbox, which includes ALL tasks, documents, and workflows. It's a small thing, really, but it does leave something to be desired from the user perspective.

Environmental Services, 51-200 employees

Automate your ISO 17025 or TNI compliance

Regulatory compliance can be complicated and resource-intensive. Qualtrax set out to simplify compliance and have produced a robust product that delivers solid value. If you are hesitant to abandon your current compliance strategy, don't be. Even the best in-house systems can't compete with their ready-to-use solutions. Adoption is quick because end users immediately see that every process Qualtrax takes over is more elegant, tidy, and traceable. There's always room for improvement and Qualtrax recognizes that. So, the company listens to the voice of the customer and they continuously work to improve their software. I don't think there is a better product on the market that comes close to Qualtrax's value, ease of use, and functionality.

Pros

Out-of-the-box document control, robust email notification system, configurable. Automates compliance management specific to individual standards. Built with ISO and TNI compliance in mind. Easy for end-users to learn, making adoption painless. Qualtrax customer support and corporate culture are the best I've experienced. The entire team is dedicated to creating a premium product that really addresses an important need.

Cons

Workflows are useful and configurable, but building them can be difficult at certain steps. More functionality would help during the creation of the workflows. Also, mining of the data stored within Qualtrax is limited and could be improved.

RH

Ranee H.

Law Enforcement, 51-200 employees

Quality Management System that works

Excellent! The customer service is the best I've ever had with any vendor and they always respond to my emails/calls very quickly. I was in the middle of an assessment once and could not figure out a problem. I sent an S.O.S to Qualtrax and within minutes I got a phone call back and someone on the other end helping me.

Pros

Implementing Qualtrax allowed my quality system to be paperless. Processes, sign-offs, authorizations, checks/balances, etc. can all be done through the system from cradle to grave without generating a single piece of paper. Another great thing about Qualtrax is the flexibility of its licenses. As a business that does not generate revenue, it's not possible to get a copy of everything per user so the ability to switch the licenses around and allow them to be used when needed is extremely helpful from a budget standpoint.

Cons

I am a needy customer who's knowledge and usage of the system is relatively advanced; so there are features that I would like the system to have to help facilitate my work as a Manager and Administrator. However, sometimes my "wishes" aren't in high demand by the rest of the community so I have to wait.

CW

Crystal W.

Law Enforcement, 201-500 employees

Qualtrax - Indispensable for Our Crime Lab

We used to spend so much time chasing paper, scanning, emailing, and storing documents on multiple places on our LAN. Qualtrax has largely eliminated this clerical work so our laboratory's Quality Assurance Unit can spend more time on continuous improvement. We have been using Qualtrax since 2013 and it has really improved communication and effectiveness of processes in our laboratory.

Pros

Documents (and document review and approvals), trainings, and workflow processes are centralized, trackable, reportable, and viewable by the staff that need to see them. Ease of use with an intuitive interface. Cloud based system allows us to access our documents and workflows while in the field or telecommuting. Multiple permissions allow for great flexibility with what users and user groups can and cannot access in the system. They have the best support of any vendor I have ever worked with.

Cons

Sometimes reports need to be exported to Excel to make them look better on a page, but that is because we are using Qualtrax to record a large amount of data and it is a really minor issue for us.

ED

Eric D.

Utilities, 11-50 employees

Flexibility allows adaptation for many uses

Qualtrax is helping us track our processes so that we don't drop the ball. We know where each project is and who is responsible. This helps with accountability. Also, it is helping reach a goal of becoming paperless. Many things we used to submit and track on paper is now on Qualtrax.

Pros

The workflows are my favorite feature. They are simple to build and allow the organization to keep track of its processes. For us, knowing who is responsible is key for accountability and keeping things moving. They are simple to build using the workflow designer to create the framework and then the rest is drop down and check boxes. There is no requirement to know code, although they do allow the use of HTML to add functionality and style to the workflows.

Cons

Reports only collect data from a single workflow. We have several workflows that are connected and generate other workflows. In order to get all of the information on a single related topic, an audit for example, you have to report on each of the individual types of workflows and collate the data.

GM

Gerry M.

Review of EQMS

It has improved our training record documentation and makes it easier to access data during audits

Pros

It met our requirements relating to various ISO standards i.e 14001, 9001 and IATF 16949 with respect to training and document control

Cons

The lack of ability to transfer information from UAT site to live site meaning work has to be repeated

Hi Gerry, thank you for writing us a review. EQMS is a great tool for integrated management of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and IATF 16949 so we're so delighted you're using it for this potential. We are aware not being able to transfer data from the UAT to the live site can take a little longer. The UAT site is a very useful sandpit where you can test out processes without worrying about the impact on the main system. Our processes are designed to meet the highest global standards and regulations and data transfer of this nature could compromise the integrity and audit trails. Qualsys also provide a configuration service if you find there are lots of processes you would like to replicate on your live site. Many thanks Emily

SR

Stewart R.

Public Safety, 51-200 employees

Compliance Management Made Easy

Qualtrax has made managing ISO/IEC 17025 compliance of a muli-site crime laboratory system much easier through electronic approval and storage of documents and streamlining compliance management.

Pros

Qualtrax allows me to manage accreditation compliance at the touch of a button. Processes that were paper-based are now electronic which allows much faster input and response from laboratory staff. Qualtrax's reporting functionality enables easy and intuitive data retrieval. Upgrades to the software are communicated clearly and, if needed, Qualtrax support is standing by to assist in your needs.

Cons

Qualtrax is highly customizable which can seem intimidating to some users.

MR

Michelle R.

Environmental Services, 51-200 employees

Qualtrax is awesome!

Qualtrax is an invaluable asset for maintaining our document control and process management. It allowed us to be better prepared for an audit to maintain our compliance within the environmental laboratory accreditation standards. The Qualtrax Onsite Trainer was awesome and ensured that we were confident in using the software. He also helped us expand our tracking capabilities and elevate our compliance system from file cabinets and share drives to a high level, extremely organized compliance system that is all in one location.

Pros

*Easy installation with built in templates *Easy to train staff on how to use software *Audit preparation features built in (Document management, Process management Testing and Training, etc.) *Help Window opens in a separate window so you can view the steps while simultaneously working within your Qualtrax system *Can share templates with other Qualtrax users

Cons

*Work flows can be a little confusing at first (but the Customer Support Team will assist you with tailoring the workflow templates to your specific needs)

MM

Meggan M.

Public Safety, 11-50 employees

Great for organization, great customer support!

Qualtrax is a great tool for organizing information, helps eliminate paper with workflows, and is easily accessible. And their customer support is absolutely wonderful. They are quick to respond and always able to help!

Pros

I have been using Qualtrax for over 5 years and my favorite thing about it is the ability to easily organize a lot of stuff. We've found that having everything in one place really helps with keeping things up to date and quickly finding things.

Cons

I really like all of Qualtrax, but if I had to pick one thing that I'd like to see improved, it would be to more easily set up email reminders, especially for workflows.

AF

Adam F.

Textiles, 201-500 employees

A 'one stop shop' for all of our Quality and Auditing requirements

My company has purchased the EQMS system and we have gone for a number of the modules including Training Manager and Audit Manager, which I use on a regular basis. The system has made my job much easier and all my documents are now easy to access and easy to maintain. The training records are simple to review and update, the matrix review brings everything together in an easy to view format which...

Pros

Easy to use for lots of information

Cons

Setting up

Hi Adam, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are delighted to hear EQMS is making your role much easier and look forward to helping you maximise your use of the system in the future. Many thanks, the Team at Qualsys.

JS

James S.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees

A great addition to Quality Control

Pros

The audit trail that the product leaves for every issue, large and small, not only improves the process of completing audits, but also allows analysis and improvement of the company processes and procedures.

Cons

The visual interface is not completely intuitive. Lots of nested folder structures, workflows and pop ups are difficult the navigate.

On behalf of the Qualsys team, thank you for sharing your review of EQMS and our services James. We're really delighted you're seeing success with the audit trails. Audit trails are one of the crucial features to review when looking at the EQMS tools and seeing how it tracks changes and activity. We're currently updating the interface and would love to hear your feedback. Please send any suggestions to usability@qualsys.co.uk Thank you emily

ED

Elizabeth D.

Using Qualtrax

They are a wonderful company to work with and I value my relationship with them.

Pros

Very user friendly and easy to learn. The ability to clone workflows. The fact that they are constantly improving the software and factor their users needs and ideas into upgrades. Their technical and customer support is wonderful and I have really enjoyed getting to know the Qualtrax staff!

Cons

Some of the features are still old and clunky. Printing option needs to be improved. I would like to see more cloning options, like for tests and trainings.

RD

Robert D.

Utilities, 11-50 employees

Qualtrax Will Change How Work

Our experience with Qualtrax has been great. It has increased our efficiency in document management and employee training. Greatly decreased our audit preparation time due to efficient document management. It's been a game changer for us.

Pros

Software is very functional and user friendly. The Qualtrax team is always evaluating their product and increasing the functionality to meet customer needs.

Cons

There is nothing really to not like. Workflows are the most difficult part to learn but with a little practice, anyone can become an expert.

RB

Ruth B.

Oil & Energy, 201-500 employees

Happy

Pros

Captures almost all information within company that's required for business standards Support staff react quickly and are informative

Cons

Licence costs Not easy to use for those who aren't computer literate

Thank you for writing us a review, Ruth. We're really happy you're enjoying using EQMS and have rated our support service 5/5! We're surprised that the con was licence cost as we've developed it around value. Look forward to catching up with you about this and learning how you think we could improve. All the best Emily & team