Vena Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.93/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

The ease of use is a big plus for me. Was able to pick up a majority of the best practices within a couple weeks of use.
Overall, we have saved time, improved processes, created one version of the data visible to all involved in the process and created efficiencies by being able to share data across processes.
Some users experienced unexplained data losses. Compatibility with MACs an issue.
I do not feel that the tool is difficult, or that it is not organizationally functional.
How would you rate Vena?

My overall and remarkable insight with Vena

It's a reliable tool for creating and managing financial budgets. It's reliable with cash flows management.

Pros

I like how this tool is reliable for financial planning,budgeting and forecasting.It's simple to prepare custom financial reports reports with Vena.This tool is reliable with bank account reconciliation.

Cons

I lack anything that I can complain since this tool meets all my needs and expectations.

Vena provides flexibility to set up budgets, reports and other processes as flexibly as we need.

We were able to streamline and centrally collect data for our budgeting process, which save considerable time for the budget administrator and other admin assistants across our university. We created Board-level reporting templates that can be re-used every year to report the results of the budget process with only changes made as necessary for the format of the current reporting year. We collect forecasting...

Pros

Flexibility to set up whatever process we are working on the way it needs to be set up for our business requirements. Continual improvements being done on the Vena add-in and browser administration interface. Formatting Excel templates and reports exactly as needed. Ability to pull in data from all data versions for any reporting or template. Ability to save non-financial data to use in reporting or...

Cons

Having to download each Excel file, but once downloaded, it's easy to select the data we want to see.

Vena

Useful product but hard to use without constant support from their consultants.

Cons

Come an intelligent solution for your company and making reports and dashboards

What fascinates us most about this instrument is that Vena allows us to complete checklists/end-of-month checks. Each of the to-do's can be easily found on a single board/screen.

Pros

Cons

Since we have used this product, we have not found a single flaw because the product we use is unique to our organization. As monthly reports now have the ability to provide department managers within a minute of the books closing

Excel based Performance Management Tool

Pros

Our Financial Planning and Analysis team picked Vena from many other tools. The reason for zeroing on this tool, is, it is an excel based tool. We have been doing all this work in excel since years. We have standardized the process and have fixed excel templates. However excel has certain limitations like version control, access control, audit trail etc. With Vena we overcame the limitations of...

Cons

There is a learning curve like any other tool. There is no drag and drop from a selection of columns, fields etc. However once you learn the tool, reporting becomes easier.

Business management tool

My experience has been good, this is because I can organize, manage or calculate from financial processes to accounting analysis if I so require, and it also has more advanced functions than the known tool.

Pros

what I like the most is that it has known capabilities and its monthly training for beginners is much less than others, but it is a functional and fast tool, it also has many templates

Cons

Add super powers to your Excel templates

Pros

I don't have to learn SQL programming languages or wait around for my computer department to do something . I can manage everything myself.

Cons

Being a young company, they need more demonstrations, downloaded working files to build users skills.

Powerful, User Friendly Budgeting, Reporting, and Analysis Tool

Improved budgeting and ad hoc reporting

Pros

The Excel interface is my favorite part about Vena. Everyone within our business is familiar with and comfortable using Excel. Therefore, when we started using Vena for budgets, our contributors did not have to learn a completely new interface. However, Vena offers so much more than just Excel. I love how Vena shows you who made changes to the file and what the previous values in the file were. It helps hold people accountable. It is also very easy to make powerful reports using Vena.

Cons

We built a very complicated template which took a long time to open. However, Vena was very helpful in helping us optimize our template and improve the performance drastically.

VENA SOLUTIONS IS AWESOME!

Pros

I particularly like how easily Vena integrates with my existing software programs (Microsoft Excel based), and the support provided to our business has been second to none!

Cons

There were a few glitches during set-up and installation and there is a bit of a learning curve as we customized the program to fit our particular requirements, however customer support made life as easy as possible.

Forecasting/budgeting

Pros

The ease of switching between the different departments while within one spreadsheet. Eliminating the need to open/save/refresh each individual department spreadsheet in separate files.

Cons

I'm still figuring out all of the uses, so it may be available and I just don't know how. It would be helpful to be able to utilize more of the excel features, such as freezing rows/columns.

The ease of use is a big plus for me, but the consistent rollout of buggy updates is frustrating

Pros

Cons

I realize you are continually trying to enhance the product, but quality has been faulted in the past couple months.

Great software to consolidate numbers from multiple sources

Overall great experience using their spreadsheet templates which saves you a lot of time and helps you avoid errors.

Pros

I used to work at a bank where we had to collect financial information from numerous departments and Vena really helped us reduce the time we spent on consolidating the balances and avoid errors. Overall, a great software package if you need to collect huge amounts of the same data from different sources.

Cons

The only issue I had with this software was updating the template if new requirements were issued. If you contact customer support they can definitely help you but if you decide to do it yourself you need to become an expert in Vena.

VENA

Pros

Excel based which makes it very easy to use when you're already using excel.

Cons

The cut and paste feature takes a while specially since I work with big files.

Powerful tool for budgeting and forecasting

Pros

Adaptability with Excel while still being able to use all Excel native functionality. Easy to input variables and run data rich spreadsheets

Cons

Setup time on individual templates can be cumbersome. Error messages are not very specific so you spend lots of time contacting the Help Desk.

Review of VENA reporting and budgeting capabilities

VENA leadership very supportive of our implementation. Reacted quickly to our concerns

Pros

Ease of design and compatibility with Excel. Flexibility in implementation allowed us to try multiple iterations and change items like budget template design mid project.

Cons

Some start up bugs - Excel add in had to be added in a few times. Some users experienced unexplained data losses. Compatibility with MACs an issue

Vena Cloud

Pros

Allows data import, easy to navigate and use, customer support is very helpful.

Cons

I'm sure there is something that could be improved, but personally, I cannot think of a single thing!

First post implementation impression

Pros

Ease of use and retention of the all familiar Excel.

Cons

I look forward to the day Vena has a robust user group.