Alora Home Health Logo
Alora Home Health

Home care support with online/offline point of service tools

visit website

Alora Home Health Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.97/10

Reviews by rating

The customer support for this software is amazing and it's a great value for what you pay for.
This project has been going on for approximately a month. This project is crucial to my business and this lag time of project completion is terrible.
The only problem I have found is difficulty reaching a staff member at times. Our agency commonly has to leave a message and await a return call.
The text that builds the 485 from the OASIS documents has errors. This reviewer knows of programs that have more robust error and data scrubbers.

FO

Faye O.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Alora all supports your Practice needs.

Outstanding .

Pros

The Alora's Team works like a fine tuned machine...To keep your Healthcare finances flowing with ease.If there is an issue with recovery of payments ,Alora walks with you hand in hand through the process of recovery.Alora educates you on the use of the software to better enable you as a Provider to stay on top of your claims and billing process . Alora the price is right and the customer service assistance is what helps me sleep at night knowing Alora is just a call away .

Cons

Had an issue once with my invoice but after a talk with the Dpt. manager issue was corrected and all cleared up.

HE

Higinio E.

Alora is the best

Billing made a lot easier with ALORA.

Pros

Switching from Axxess to Alora is very easy. Staff of Alora is very knowledgable in what they do.

Cons

Some of the features of the software like carrying over the therapy notes from OASIS to POC doesn't work and PT visit notes doesn't carryover to the next PT visit notes.

CC

Christine C.

Disappointed User

Disappointing

Pros

Our nurses and Home Health Aides find it easy to navigate. We have developed training courses to help our new staff orient to the program with the help of AloraPlus integrative videos.

Cons

We completed our contract with Alora Plus during the second quarter of 2020. We were sold on the fact that EVV would be an easy process for New Jersey agencies as stated on your website. This was also stated by the sales rep who walked us through the presentation of the system. This has been clearly false advertisement. Alora Home Health Software had not began to set up programming for New Jersey integration until July of this year. According to the Alora's customer service reps there have been New Jersey agencies that have been forced to restart there whole software process with other companies due to this false advertisement.Until this day this issue has still not been resolved.

IO

Isabelle O.

Administrative assistant/ Office manager/ Billing Manager

On the Classic Version we do not have a place to put comment when the patient has a change on the profile. For the New Web version on the Oasis there is no name and date the person who made change on the Oasis.

Pros

Alora is easy software to use, to access and manage with the help of the windows that the programmer created for the client to be able to use. This software gives opportunity to any user whatever the level of computer knowledge to use it without worrying about the improvement of the work; you do not try to think too much to do the work. It is software that does not require much computer knowledge for its use. It is software that accepts the whole level of study to use it.

Cons

What concerns me the most after the webinar training there are no certificates provided to encourage all those who have taken the training that will allow the motivation and the participation of the user to follow the software update and some changes rules from CMS

MS

Marcus S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Alora Review

alora has been great to our agency and makes the user experience amazing.

Pros

I like the ease of access and simplified integration that the platform uses.

Cons

There is not much that I don’t like about the software. The software is very efficient and well put together.

MM

Mathew M.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

A Great System Overall - May Lack Specificity for Some Applications.

Overall, I think it was a good system. For our particular specialty, it lacked the specificity we needed for many of our forms and the EVV system was better on other platforms. The lack of specificity in the forms meant a lot of extra work on our end, to create many of the documents that we regularly use for Medicaid authorization renewals.

Pros

My favorite component of the system is one that is often underrated, the dashboard. The dashboard is not only visually appealing, but well organized with lots of helpful information at a glance. The system seemed very flexible in the sense that you can free form a lot of things. If you already have a very specific setup for many of your forms, this can work really well for you as you.

Cons

The downside to the flexibility of the forms is that it lacks specificity. This means that, out of the box, you will have more work to do in setting up your forms than other EMR systems. It take s a while to customize many of these forms which takes time and effort away from the daily business.

MM

Marleen M.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Easy to use and all in one place!

Alora has helped our agency grow; it allows us to use for our Home Health patients as well as our Home Care clients. It is easily grasped by staff, whether you or old, technically savvy or not, they usually pick up quickly.

Pros

I love that everything is in the same place, you can find information for your staff as well as your clients/patients. Very easy to use once you get used to it.

Cons

When there is a connection problem or lagging in the scheduling which I have noticed lately when filling in a lot of appointments.

MJ

Michele J.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Alora is the best product for small businesses to large businesses.

We started this system in the early stages of building our business. We have found that it is easy to use, not killing our bank account, and easily expands as our company grows. The customer service is very friendly, and works diligently to solve all issues.

Pros

Alora provides a great product. The medical records are easy to access, easy to use, and the customer service is spectacular.

Cons

I don't have any negative issues at this time.

JW

Judy W.

Hospital & Health Care,

An Example of Going Beyond

Pros

With the screens that I work with daily (not on the clinical side), I like the ease of having almost all the options on the admission screen to where I can go from one screen to the next and still be within the patient's file. I have the ability to write emails within the software and create a separate folder within the mail to store those. I like it when Alora "predicts" or anticipates my date range, etc., does spell ck (wish all screens had that), F5 capability (again wish more screens had that), bringing over data from previous admission on a re-admit (still bug on med profile being addressed/rolled out), and of course....last but not least the customer service is so helpful.

Cons

The lag time in enhancements, the process of how enhancements & possible bugs are fixed based on how many customers have expressed concern over that same issue, & lack of flexibility within some screens. See some of the items mentioned in the first question.

BJ

Barbara J. F.

This reviewer only left a rating

I am fairly new with the Alora Healthcare Systems, but I will say this much, it is so much fun and easy to work with and very user-friendly. The system is very self explanatory and the customer service is the best part. I work with one individual, (Colleen) who no matter what the issue is, will help you and will go to other resources to help resolve the problem. Even when she is out, I will get routed...

KD

Kristi D.

Great Company Through and Through

I just want to say after all of the demos and conversing back and forth with other software companies before making my final decision, I must say it was all worth it, when you know you made the right decision. Alora has proved themselves to be not only the company that I chose to put all of my agencies documents in their hands but also a company that I can depend on. They are available late hours which is very important for us in the Pacific timezone. The support staff is awesome and very knowledgeable of the software. Issues are resolved promptly, prices are fair and my nurses love it. I definitely picked a winner with Alora and I am proud to say so. Thank you guys.

Pros

Availability, assessable, web-based, scanning capability, and easy to use

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that you can't view the scanned documents from the Alora Plus (web-base) but you can view it from Classic (desk version). I was able to voice this concern with the owner (whom is not hard to get a hold of (another plus)).

sS

shaquiria S.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Alora Review

Pros

Easy to navigate with the separated tabs for each responsibilty.

Cons

Information inputted doesn't always transfer correctly

NT

Nilsaliz T.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

User Friendly

Overall it has helped increase productivity in certain departments which clears up time to completed other important tasks.

Pros

Scheduling features has increased productivity as well as being able to batch print/fax has made several department's jobs get done easier and quicker.

Cons

There are too many different ways to access parts of the charts which can create a little confusion in regard to completing scheduled visits or creating their own.

JT

Jessica T.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Easy to set up

Pros

I like how simple this system is to use and train people on. It never takes me long to get people to navigate where they need to.

Cons

I’ve had a bad experience with customer service before but it was corrected internally and she is no longer an issue.

KH

KHALIF H.

User friendly program

Pros

The program is user friendly. With no training at all, I was able to navigate the system with ease.

Cons

Not always able to easily add features our company needs such as tracking falls, infections, or any other identified QA such as ER visits.

TD

Talhia D.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Alora, the best of the best!

Pros

Alora has been like a dear friend to our company for many years. It is an easy to master software with user-friendly layouts at every turn. I am a pro at this and I can barely use my own smartphone. I absolutely love this program and can confidently recommend it to any serious Home Health Care start-up or well established company as their primary business related software. Alora listens to your feedback and updates their software regularly to meet ever-changing industry needs.

Cons

There are little to no cons about this program. I have been using it for years and the only issue I have ever had was a server wide slow down once or twice that was cleared up within minutes.

SD

Sally D.

The Personal Touch

When starting the agency many years ago, software was one of the decisions I was most nervous about. So glad I went with Alora!

Pros

Intuitive; excellent customer support; receptive to requests for modifications; value for money. Love it!

EL

Enrique L.

Interesting and educational.

You've got a great support team who always have been able to help, eitheir they know the answer or don't!

Pros

I think this software is esay to use. It's the inly software for home care I've used as I'm new to the industry, and pretty fast I was able to handle myself in it.

Cons

The introduction of Alora Plus hasn't been very smooth. There are some functions, specially reports which don't work in Plus or Classic. Also the interface, for certain things I prefer Classic and for others I prefer Plus.

JO

Jennifer O.

A Leader In Home Health Care Software

Pros

Alora is a leader in Home Health Care Software for its sensitivity to the evolving healthcare field and its wide-spread functionality. Once Telephony tracking was implemented, I knew that Alora was the program that we needed. I have used other home healthcare software company products in the past with other agencies but Alora takes the cake for its ascended level of modern functionality.

VE

Vee Ellen L.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

I am better able to navigate through once reps walked me through the software.

Pros

You can upload to the EHR in a more timely fashion. You can look at multiple sites with ease. In the Reports section you can type in what you want instead of scrolling down.

Cons

I don't like that you cannot see a 60 day episode at one time. It is broken up when the month changes. It is not as easy to navigate through an episode when scheduling.

MH

Madina H.

Owner

Great

Pros

Customer service is wonderful, the software is easy to learn. Also Alora has a training video that is available that you can always go back and educate your self.

Cons

So far I am very satisfied, I don't know what the future will bring.

jc

john c.

Great staff.

Great staff and customer service

Pros

wonderful staff, they help with teaching brush up and reminders. excellent staff!

Cons

15 minute round up or down of visits. it is in the product but has never worked. it has been brought up multiple times. This would be a great help with payroll.

mf

melana f.

Alora Plus

It is easy to use, and staff is excellent with helping.

Pros

Easy to navigate. user friendly Is easy to schedule clients.

Cons

Only the time zone when needing to call but that is not controllable.

GG

Garrison G.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Alora Plus still has a few minuses

Limited number of electronic fax pages that can be sent on a monthly basis (100), is not good for larger companies trying to be paperless.

Pros

The dashboard is quite comprehensive. The ability to customize to each employees' needs. Schedules are easy to create and read.

Cons

The client demographic information and the admission data being split into 2 different areas makes it difficult to navigate between the two. While the 485 is created based off the completed Oasis assessment, it is not generated automatically, so you have to go back and manually click through to complete the 485 and fax out.

KC

Kati C.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Best and most simple software I've ever used

I have used a lot of homecare software systems. Nothing compares to the ease and simplicity of this software. Every clinician loves the fact it is simple and fast to use and doesn't cause a lot of extra time to chart. We will use Alora forever!

Pros

Simple charting, tracking reports and makes every clinician happy. A Happy staff makes everything flow perfectly. When things flow patients are taken care of and happy too! Customer service for Alora is top notch. When I need something or anyone needs anything we get immediate service without substantial hold times or call backs.

Cons

None