Mend Logo

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.21/10

Reviews by rating

It is easier for me to get through because of the help I have received from the customer service. Once you get the hang of it, it is super easy to use.
I like the ability to bring telehealthcare to the people that need/want it. I like that the software, for the most part is easy to use for both the medical office staff and the patients.
Overall I feel that Mend is a good platform and what I love most is that they are always working on continued improvements.
Some clients complain about being able to get on, especially if using their cell phone. Logging on difficulties and occasional difficulties in being able to stay on for an hour are common complaints.
No way to hide the thumbnail picture of myself (or for the client to hide their thumbnail image).
Sometimes after I complete the transfer to the doctor, the appt disappears and I have no knowledge of when the appointment is over.

JD

Julie D.

OAS

Mental Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

MEND Review

Transcript

Julie D.: I'm Julie. I'm an outpatient admissions specialist. I would give Mend a rating of a five. And...

aA

alisha A.

medical liaoson

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

useing mend

Transcript

Alisha: My name is Alisha. I work in the healthcare field. I'm an admin for my company. I give Mend a...

Zachary L.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Intuitive Software

Overall positive

Pros

I've been using Mend software several times in the past year for telemedicine and it has been simple, easy to use and fully functional. Have no problems with this

Cons

No cons to note. Software works well and is intuitive

LD

Ly Dell B.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Enjoyed Telemedicine Call

Pros

Kate Gruber was great, extremely personable and a joy to speak with.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing that I didn't like...great call.

RR

Rachel R.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Mixed Feelings- Healthcare

We do love our direct customer support rep, but several issues we've had to escalate beyond them have not had a valid response from management. Those include HIPAA issues, state and federal telehealth regulations, business associates agreement concerns, etc. Major compliance (healthcare) issues with this product were not taken seriously. Concerned upper management does not understand relevant regulatory governance enough to ensure product is, and remains, in compliance. If NOT using for healthcare, then it's not a concern as this product works as described and meets needs for non-healthcare organizations.

Pros

End-user experience is great, first level customer support is also wonderful. Meets many of our basic needs and offers a lot more flexibility than other products we've used (of same type). Mend tech team wonderful at making changes as we request them and finding solutions for alternate workflows. Great implementation process.

Cons

Major healthcare compliance concerns and as an organization, we've had to do much of the groundwork to both identify and push to resolve, including educate vendor on why it was a concern. We discovered very serious flaws in patient consent process that indicate Mend does not actually meet multiple federal standards (HIPAA, CMS Regs, and UETA, E-Sign Act) in this area, despite their contract and all...

KR

Kathy R.

Retail, 51-200 employees

Customer service experience

My overall experience with Mend was great once again the nurse was very professional.

Pros

The nurse assistant was very professional and friendly.

Cons

None available to mention in the comment box

AF

Amanda F.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Quick and easy

AWESOME! It was a quick and easy process.

Pros

The nurse practitioner was very knowledgeable and helpful. I met with him and was done in 10 minutes. I felt like I was heard and all symptoms were addressed.

Cons

None! There wasn’t anything I didn’t like about the appt.

Lacey W.

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

Terrible Experience so far!!!!

Terrible. Worst system I have ever used. Very frustrating to work with the mend team and the software. Extremely slow and slows down my whole day having to wait for the system to load.

Pros

There is nothing much to like. The system and terribly slow and there are a lot of errors that we keep having that the IT team is not fixing or attempts to fix but never solves the issue completely.

Cons

1. Runs extremely slow no matter what wifi connection I am using, or what I am trying to do in the system. Everything is so slow. Most definitely a system error not a connection error. 2. Many features do not work properly. Example: Rebooking option does not rebook patients for the correct time slot. Another example is when I added a credit card to a new patient that I added to the system and scheduled,...

Thank you for your feedback. We will follow up and see if we can make further adjustments to assist. It is worth noting that during your implementation your scheduling product went out of business. We do not offer Mend as a practice management scheduling system. This review describes an off label use of our product where all the pros and cons were discussed in advance. The way the product is used in this scenario is not something that we actually market and sell.

LC

LYNN C.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Yearly health visit.

It was a pleasant experience, nurse was nice, receptive and easy to work with.

Pros

Easy to use, lady I worked with was very easy to talk with, she was quite pleasant, and laughed at some of my silliness.

Cons

I have no earthly idea what this is going to cost. It was a requirement by my new insurance, Wellcare. I know absolutely nothing about Wellcare, but it was recommended by an insurance agent, Becky, over the phone. So my biggest complaint is I don't know what the hell this was for except a yearly checkup, I have no idea what it is going to cost or who is going to pay for it. No one prepared me for working with Wellcare.

ES

Ellesse S.

Consumer Goods, self-employed

Great customer service but poor technology quality

Tech needs major improvement, but communication was superb.

Pros

Customer service comfortability, documenting and charting appropriately, specific questions asked and answered, clarifications understood, flexibility to adjust scheduling; very personable.

Cons

Terms of services - use of Telehealth only available through consent, though terms state the patients info is not fully protected via emails and texts msg. Also, poor video quality - made it slightly uncomfortable not being able to see myself on the screen, as well as barely any visibility of the person I spoke with due to being an almost microscopic size.

AB

Aubrey B.

Defense & Space, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Feedback on using virtual visit for mental health

Professional, Supportive, Caring and Helpful

Pros

Easy to hear/ talk with provider about things

Cons

Aometimes if you forget to ask a queation you might have to ask later

EI

Evie I.

Environmental Services, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Matrix Medical

Pros

The person I talked with was knowledgeable.

Cons

The video was sketchy, and the audio was off.

LJ

LaKeetra J.

Mental Health Care, 11-50 employees

Mend has been excellent for our outpatient mental health practice

Pros

The program has been easy to implement and use. We appreciate all of the data for the visits so that we can easily document our video sessions in the event of an audit.

Cons

The program has been great, but has a high up-front cost which could be prohibitive for some. Monthly or quarterly billing could facilitate use.

ES

Elliott S.

Mental Health Care, 201-500 employees

Not Something I Would Recommend

Constant interruptions during mid-session. Most sessions video calls get completely cut off. On the extremely rare occasion the call doesn't get cut off entirely, I usually have an issue with either the audio or the video (hearing an echo of voices, voice cutting out or lagging, video disappears or being of poor quality)

Pros

I unfortunately do not have any positive feedback about this software, it's terrible.

Cons

Compared to other telehealth services, this software is not stable. It is rare that I have a full session with a client from start to finish without interruption or some form of issue. I often have to use our back up telehealth service Doxy Me which is always more reliable and stable had has significantly less interruptions. If my employer didn't require me to initiate sessions via Mend, I would not use it at all.

Elliott, we appreciate your time to describe your experience with Mend. We have several options to improve connectivity. Some of the options are as follows: App, Appless, low resource mode, network, firewall, VPN testing, proactive monitoring, and more. We are also the only platform that tracks connectivity data. If you do ever experience an issue in a session, you can go into the Actions menu and review the connection details for the entire session. Lastly, we have a new dialer feature that allows you to connect an unlimited number of phone numbers. This is a fallback option if the patient is unable to connect to video. I'll have some reach out and correct this for you right away.

RC

Robert C.

Medical Practice, 51-200 employees

Mend

-Mend overall is a very convenient app with great potential. I'm excited to see Mend continue to progress as our company expands.

Pros

-Allowing us to personalize the app/site to support our company's logo -Tech support is quick to respond and resolve critical issues -The most recent updates appears to offer clearer video and audio

Cons

-The app for the smartphone offers a login feature that doesn't seem to be necessary. Clients are able to open the app and just enter their 6 digit code without having to login first. This confuses some clients. -Idle timeouts that require you to log back in frequently -The syncing between our system and theirs doesn't always update properly. i.e. if an appointment was marked out in our system. During the next cycle, the old appointment will populate into Mend as though it still needs to take place. -The reporting tools could be updated to review certain pieces of information to help our practice run more efficiently.

Thank you for this great feedback. The portal login link within the app is being removed in the next release this month. We're happy to explore more robust integration options to keep the two systems in better synchronization. There are limitations on the EHR side that we are having to work around currently.

CM

Candice M.

Customizable

Pros

Mend is always willing to work with us on how to make improvements to the platform or our process to make it easier for our providers, staff, and patients.

Cons

With any tech there will always be glitches and or issues with connectivity. There are certain providers/patients that report issues with loss of video or audio.

BK

Becky K.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Mend for telehealth appointments

It is pretty easy to use and navigate when you get trained. The patients like it.

Pros

We use Mend every day at our facility for our telehealth appointments. This has allowed us to continue seeing patients while in the midst of the pandemic. It is a very valuable tool in our Federally Qualified Health Center. Our providers are able to work from home or the office while using the Mend application. Our patients appreciate not having to come in to a crowded waiting room during the pandemic. They also appreciate being able to have a "sick" visit from the comfort and privacy of their home.

Cons

I think the buy in from the other employees was the most difficult part of the process. They are always hesitant to learn something new.

MS

Michelle S.

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Just so-so

Overall ok, but could sure be improved w/ features & integration with EHR

Pros

Pretty easy to learn. Generally reliable - and lots of emails if malfunctioning. Has lots of tip sheets. Patients don't have to download an app

Cons

Limited features (e.g., screen share would be nice); not connected to EHR so have to schedule/check out appts in 2 places which is a real hassle.

Michelle, thank you so much for the review! We do have screen share and have had it for long time if you click the screen button while in a video session. You can also connect with our world class service team in seconds using the Need Help? button to get help in seconds with screen share. We also have numerous options for EHR integration as we can connect to the majority of EHRs out there. I am the CEO of Mend, feel free to contact me directly anytime if you need help with the integration or anything else on the platform. matt@mend.com

CM

Cheryl M.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Very positive. Customer support is awesome

Pros

It is easy to use for most patients. It works well and allows our clinicians to see both the patient and their chart at the same time. Additionally our staff is able to trouble shoot any in house problems or issues pretty easily. The schedule works well and is easy to use.

Cons

It does not work on every platform and it is hard to tell which platforms it does and doesn't work on. Many of the patients we would like to target for this program do not have the technology to use this service.

Mend works on any device - desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile and every platform - Windows, Android, Apple, and any other device with an Internet connection. Video works on any device as well that has Chrome, Firefox, IE, Android, or iOS covering 98-99% of the market. Microsoft and Apple are committed to supporting video as well in Edge and Safari.

AA

Audryn A.

Mend Review

Overall I would not recommend Mend. Compared to other similar products, this software is not the best.

Pros

There isn't much I like about this product. It was there when I needed it to continue practice during the pandemic but now that I am familiar with it and other products, I do not like much about this software.

Cons

There always seems to be some issue with connection. The images are often blurry and I have had many issues with getting connected to sessions. The screen sharing feature does not seem to work. There are many unnecessary steps required to get things done. Tech support is not as helpful as I would like it to be.

This is Matt McBride, the CEO of Mend. There is usually a very simple fix and connectivity is priority #1 for Mend. Please contact me directly and we'll resolve this quickly for you. This is not a normal experience and we would like to understand it and get it corrected for you. We're passionate about the care that is delivered while using our platform and work relentlessly to be the best. My email is matt@mend.com. I will help you personally to ensure that the system works properly for you. Please feel free to contact me anytime with any feedback.

SA

Scott A.

Medical Practice, 201-500 employees

A useful tool for video communications with a few flaws

It's alright. Having to make a profile for each patient that schedules a video visit is a pain in the butt, I want there to be some way for the patient to create their own account, or a way to seamlessly transfer our EMR information to create a mend account without wasting all this time copy/pasting patient info.

Pros

Easy to register patients into the system, patients can confirm that their tech works prior to the appointment.

Cons

we have no automated software to link mend to our EMR, so every mend patient must be added manually. A little frustrating, especially if someone makes a last minute video visit and we have to stop what were doing to add them into mend real fast before their appointment start time. There is also no feedback that the patient database is being queried when you search for it, so it's hard to tell if...

AM

Antonette M.

Medical Practice, 10,001+ employees

Audio needs enhancement

Pros

Easy to use, ability to see daily, weekly or monthly

Cons

When you are seeing a patient via the telemed feature, the audio is a poor quality and most of the time you cannot even hear the patient or they cannot hear us. Patient's state that they do nto get their text messages to be reminded of upcoming appointments

Thank you so much for the review!! This is Matt McBride, the CEO of Mend. There is usually a very simple fix and connectivity is priority #1 for Mend. Notifications should always arrive for your patients unless there is some issue we need to resolve. Notifications are critical to connecting patients and we monitor them closely. Please reach me directly. I'd love to learn more about your experience and resolve it quickly. We're passionate about the care that is delivered while using our platform and work relentlessly to try to be the best. My email is matt@mend.com. Please feel free to contact me anytime with any feedback.

HW

Heidi W.

Used other for 1-2 years

Very secure and great features!

Mend has been very helpful during the COVID pandemic. As the need for increased access to telehealth platforms occurred, it was such a relief to already have the Mend product and have staff familiar with the telehealth process. I would highly recommend!

Pros

The software is very easy/intuitive to use. The company has made improvements over the past year that are comparable to other products being used for telehealth. As a mental health provider and with COVID 19, the need for telehealth became critical. This platform is secure and I love the features that include reminding clients of appointments and reminding them that assessments or other documents need to be completed!

Cons

One aspect of the software that is more cumbersome than other platforms in that you are required to enter each client into the system individually rather than having a simple link that can be shared with the client without having to enter each unique client's information into the system. However, this is only a minimal amount of time/effort required to do so.

TC

Taylor C.

Used for Telehealth Video Appointments with Clients

Overall, it has helped our agency be able to accommodate to our clients during this pandemic and provide telehealth appointments to them so that we can continue to provide services.

Pros

I like that this platform can be accessed from any computer/location. I also like that reminder notifications are sent automatically to client's when there is an upcoming appointment.

Cons

I have had a lot of client's struggle with getting the software to work 100% functionally. I have experienced difficulties with microphone/webcam/camera working in multiple visits with clients. It could be a little more user friendly.

Taylor, thank you for your feedback. If you encourage clients to test prior to their visit, we can find any problems and our instant support can help them. That is the best practice to make sure you have a successful visit. You can see if they tested on not on the Dashboard and view all of their test results in Appointment Details. If they do have any trouble, just have them click Need Help?. We have US based experts available to help within 15 seconds and an average resolution time of 2 minutes. We have your back! I will also have someone follow up directly. If this resolves the trouble for you, please consider updating your review by emailing reviews@capterra.com.

KW

Kirk W.

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

Option to in person services

I am very happy with my experience with mend. This option of providing services to my clients open the doors to helping those who struggle with receiving the help they need. The quality of mend is exceptional and I would recommend this software to others.

Pros

The scheduling feature was user friendly making it easy to put appointments in on the schedule. This platform allowed clients to receive services when they were unable to make it to appointments or reflecting their preference, which increased the likelihood services will continue. During the pandemic this software allowed my clients and myself to continue to be safe during the height of the state of emergency, which I felt was really needed. The quality of the connection was extremely good when the strength of the internet was strong.

Cons

I felt that everything met my expectations. When the client's internet connection was weak there were problems hearing the client or the connection would freeze.

SN

Stevee N.

Mental Health Care, 201-500 employees

MEND Review

I have been able to cut down patient check in time when checking into their first appointment. They don't have to sit and fill out paperwork before seeing the provider and can do it all on their smart phones in the comfort of their homes. This has also cut down on patients checking in late to their appointments. Overall, I think it has been a great use for our intake team and from what I hear, the providers find if very easy to use as well.

Pros

Although I am not a provider offering services through MEND, I use it often to send registration paperwork to patients. I have experienced a training with MEND and the customer support was excellent and easy to follow. Anytime you have a question, someone responds very quickly. What I like most about the software is how easy it is to navigate and input data.

Cons

I'm being completely honest when I say that I don't have any issues with using MEND for the things I do. The only thing that took a few tries for me to remember was setting up a child under age 18; I had to remind myself to also obtain all parent/guardian information too, such as date of birth. Everything has been smooth sailing other than that.

EA

Erica A.

Enjoyable Service

I have really enjoyed Mend for the most part. It has made it great to connect with people no matter their location.

Pros

I enjoy being able to connect with other people from all over. It has a lot of features that make it easy to use.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to connect to the video. or the quality of the video is not good.

Thank you so much for your review! We actually just met this week with someone from your organization as we have new configurations not being leveraged to improve video connectivity. Once implemented, we should see improvements. Video connectivity primarily involves Internet connection bandwidth. However, we're working very hard to maintain video connections even when bandwidth is poor. We also have audio fallback and in visit dialer that can be used as a fallback option. Thanks again for the review!!