Mend Logo

4.5

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.21/10

Reviews by rating

It is easier for me to get through because of the help I have received from the customer service. Once you get the hang of it, it is super easy to use.
I like the ability to bring telehealthcare to the people that need/want it. I like that the software, for the most part is easy to use for both the medical office staff and the patients.
Overall I feel that Mend is a good platform and what I love most is that they are always working on continued improvements.
No way to hide the thumbnail picture of myself (or for the client to hide their thumbnail image).
Sometimes after I complete the transfer to the doctor, the appt disappears and I have no knowledge of when the appointment is over.

JD

Julie D.

OAS

Mental Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

MEND Review

Transcript

Julie D.: I'm Julie. I'm an outpatient admissions specialist. I would give Mend a rating of a five. And...

aA

alisha A.

medical liaoson

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

useing mend

Transcript

Alisha: My name is Alisha. I work in the healthcare field. I'm an admin for my company. I give Mend a...

Zachary L.

Used other for 6-12 months

Intuitive Software

Overall positive

Pros

I've been using Mend software several times in the past year for telemedicine and it has been simple, easy to use and fully functional. Have no problems with this

Cons

No cons to note. Software works well and is intuitive

Jaelynn B.

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Easy Telemedicine Software

Pros

It's easy to log into. It's good for reminding when the next meeting is or easy to schedule with. It's pretty straight forward with its format. I can use to just get into video calls quickly without having to navigate through the app to find the call.

Cons

I will say calls can drop pretty easily. It does not work well if the app is interrupted by an incoming call, you will have to log in and out. The voice function normally drops after being interrupted.

Thank you so much for the review! Some cell phone carriers are not able to support data and voice at the same time. This could be the problem if you can a voice call that is incoming. Please feel free to reach our world class customer service team within second using the Need Help? button anytime. We have tips, tricks, and new configurations to make sure your video stays connected, while maintaining privacy and security.

AC

Ashley C.

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

Mostly good.

Pros

I get to create my own schedule, it is cool to talk to clients via webcam, I like that clients can sign forms through it. I like the paint and texting feature.

Cons

It is very slow to schedule appointments and process assessments. Once you select submit or book it takes longer than other websites to load. I do not like how you have to wait after each session scheduled for it to load and go back to the dashboard and then you can click to schedule another appointment. When you upload an assessment it would be cool it if were not two steps, if you could just upload...

Thanks for the feedback, it's great! Using the Rebook or Assessment feature from the Actions menu should make setting up appointments and assigning paperwork simpler. Did you know you can set recurring appointments as well? All of the issues described with the video connection should be fully resolved for you now. If you have any further issues, please let us know and we're happy to help.

BL

Blythe L.

Pharmaceuticals, 501-1,000 employees

Easy to Use

The service is easy to use and the quality of the calls are great.

Pros

The service is easy to use and the quality of the calls are great.

Cons

The waiting room could be more active so that you know you are still there even if you are in another window. Music or something.

Amanda R.

Alternative Medicine, self-employed

Good product to use

Pros

Connection is great, love that i can be at home and in therapy

Cons

Microphone problems, and sometimes the camra freezes up

LC

LYNN C.

Graphic Design, self-employed

Yearly health visit.

It was a pleasant experience, nurse was nice, receptive and easy to work with.

Pros

Easy to use, lady I worked with was very easy to talk with, she was quite pleasant, and laughed at some of my silliness.

Cons

I have no earthly idea what this is going to cost. It was a requirement by my new insurance, Wellcare. I know absolutely nothing about Wellcare, but it was recommended by an insurance agent, Becky, over the phone. So my biggest complaint is I don't know what the hell this was for except a yearly checkup, I have no idea what it is going to cost or who is going to pay for it. No one prepared me for working with Wellcare.

ES

Ellesse S.

Consumer Goods, self-employed

Great customer service but poor technology quality

Tech needs major improvement, but communication was superb.

Pros

Customer service comfortability, documenting and charting appropriately, specific questions asked and answered, clarifications understood, flexibility to adjust scheduling; very personable.

Cons

Terms of services - use of Telehealth only available through consent, though terms state the patients info is not fully protected via emails and texts msg. Also, poor video quality - made it slightly uncomfortable not being able to see myself on the screen, as well as barely any visibility of the person I spoke with due to being an almost microscopic size.

AB

Aubrey B.

Defense & Space, 10,001+ employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Feedback on using virtual visit for mental health

Professional, Supportive, Caring and Helpful

Pros

Easy to hear/ talk with provider about things

Cons

Aometimes if you forget to ask a queation you might have to ask later

LG

Lakita G.

Media Production, self-employed

It’s Always a First

It was good but it was delayed a day or so.

Pros

It’s overall friendly user walk through.

Cons

It has a slight delay but it caught up to the email address that I provided.

FH

Francisco H.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Pros

This was the first time to use Mend, this is fine in my opinion.

Cons

Nothing to speak about I like least of Mend

KK

Karissa K.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

The best option for my needs

Mend is the best platform available for my needs (I've tested Doxy and zoom as well). Most of the "cons" I've experienced are works in progress at Mend. The Mend team is always working to improve and update the platform. I'm excited to see what else they have in store.

Pros

1. Clients do not have to download software. 2. Scheduling appointments with automatic reminders. 3. Alerts when the client signs in for the appointment. 4. Very few audio / visual challenges. 5. Excellent customer service. 6. Mend shows you the strength of both your internet connection and your clients internet connection. 7. When clients join a session, clients must enter same dob as I have listed in their chart before being allowed into the waiting room.

Cons

1. Clients can't sign on without an appointment (like with Doxy) 2. No virtual background option (like with zoom) 3. I wish the settings (mine and what I set for the clients) had more detailed options. 4. I wish I knew the details of what / when Mend sent clients reminders or alerts. For example, I didn't know until clients told me that Mend was sending them daily reminders to test their speed. 5....

SA

SUSAN A.

Mend review

I will definitely not recommend this product, there are many on the market that are much more user friendly and easier to use.

Pros

It is very simple to set up the template.

Cons

The problem is that it is very archaic. The features are very non user friendly. It is difficult to navigate to find a patient, its almost working backwards, instead of present time onwards, its completely backwards. When you are searching for a patient on the schedule, they no longer appear on the list view of the schedule.

Susan, thank you for your feedback, we appreciate it. You can find things very quickly in Mend. The appointment booking flow starts by searching for a patient. The calendar view allows you to filter and start with availability. Throughout Mend if you locate a patient or an appointment, the Actions menu contains shortcuts to book new appointments or modify appointments. We have Ad-hoc and Instant workflows...

RJ

Rori J.

Mental Health Care, 201-500 employees

Mend Review

Overall, good, but some recent changes, I do not appreciate.

Pros

Once you learn the steps for entering a patient, scheduling, the system is fairly easy to use and is reliable, for the most part.

Cons

Some clients complain about being able to get on, especially if using their cell phone. Logging on difficulties and occasional difficulties in being able to stay on for an hour are common complaints. I do not like that the cell phone icon was recently moved into a different location, and if it is used to remind a client of their appointment, you can't use it again as it does not populate the phone number. You have to go back to find their phone number. I don't like that change, at all. While it is fairly easy to schedule appointments, multiple steps are needed, such as needing to enter the session length and the provider every time you schedule. If we schedule multiple appointments at a time, streamlining this process would help so that multiple clicks are not necessary.

JM

Jacki M.

Mental Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Mental health therapist

Pros

I like that I can still interact with my clients from a distance over video format. It is fairly easy to use fro scheduling appointments and inputting patient information.

Cons

Often when I am on a call with a client, we have been cut off or the call is dropped, I am not sure if this is due to Mend or just their internet connections. I wish that the dashboard feature were easier to use, sometimes, I cannot find the appointments and have to look them up under "patients" tab.

Jacki, thank you so much for this information. We have a number of options to address any connection issues. Someone from support will follow up. All errors are recorded. You can see them in appointment details and we can see all errors for all your appointments to assist. We also have numerous options in development as we're always striving to have the best Telehealth experience on the planet. When support reaches out, I will have them check your Dashboard. You may have data being displayed that we can turn off or clear nightly be turning on certain settings.

SH

Sarah H.

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

My job just got way too easy.

I am able to process everything faster, especially getting signatures from the doctors and patients. I don't have to spend hours uploading paper into my computer- with Mend, its already there.

Pros

I LOVE that my administrative time has been cut down. Because I save so much time with Mend, I have more time to call my patients, see more patients, and process them faster. At the end of the day, medicine is a business, so time is money. Now I can actually do more of what matters; help my patients... and help the business. The Mend customer service team is amazing. I always get an immediate response, and a quick resolution to my question. If there is a complicated issue, they stay in contact with me via email through every step. I never feel forgotten about, or like my questions are pointless. They seem to appreciate the feedback, and work hard to keep us happy.

Cons

There are still a few issues we are working out, but customer service is always quick to resolve them when they come up.

IB

Isabella B.

Mental Health Care, 1-10 employees

Branding and professionalism

I have chosen Mend for my group session because they don't limit the amount of clients, it's easily accessible, very minimal dropped sessions even when the client does not have the best connection and/or are rural.

Pros

I like that my clients are able to access the software with minimal steps, no profile, plugin, and or downloads. Also, the "mend" logo/branding creates a professional setting for my agency, my clients appear more at ease knowing that their information is confidential.

Cons

It have encountered some technical issues while in session, the customer services response is slow.

This is Matt McBride, CEO of Mend. I'm grateful for your review, thank you! Our customer service should never be slow. Please feel free to reach me directly at matt@mend.com so we can resolve this for you. We have instant support available for all users, even patients, within seconds.

JH

Jasmine H.

Mental Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Helpful and functional, but needs improvement for ease of use

Pros

I like that the patient/client doesn't have to deal with the process of setting up their own account. After the provider sets up the patient's account, they need only to enter their date of birth when they receive a link in order to complete assessments.

Cons

It was difficult for me to access completed assessments that I assigned to clients.

Thank you for the review. The workflow you're describing doesn't not sound like a recommended workflow. First, you should not have to set a patient up in Mend. Mend integrates with over 81 EHRs, so patients and appointments should sync automatically. Next, we recommend integrating forms so that they get assigned automatically based on appointment type. Then, when they are completed we can move them into the patient's chart automatically. In many cases we can move discrete data from forms to eliminate manual transcription of forms. We will reach out and pursue our recommended workflows with your organization. Thank you again for the feedback!

BD

Bethany D.

Mental Health Care, self-employed

Good product

My overall experience with Mend has been great! I am able to see clients from all over the country. No matter if I am traveling or at a different office, I am able to have full therapy sessions.

Pros

The thing I love most about this product is how easy it is for clients to use to connect with me for sessions. It runs really well.

Cons

You do need to have a strong internet connection for it work really well. This can be pretty frustrating when you don't or strong internet is not available in certain areas of the country.

Thank you for the review, we appreciate it! We have major performance improvements to video releasing the first week of the new year (Jan. '19). Video will require even less bandwidth and we'll have better support for group video sessions. There will also be a new design to make it even easier to use.

MS

Megan S.

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Mend Review

Works pretty well overall. Some patient have trouble if they need to show something and flip their camera around.

Pros

Easy to use, pretty good picture and sound quality.

Cons

Can't do throat exams, light just shines back into the camera. Some people have difficulty getting it set up or using their cameras.

Awesome feedback, thank you! In order to do throat exams you might need something like a Firefly Otoscope. Patients may not always have this available to them. Some smartphones can handle this. The Mend system does adjust automatically on both Android and iOS for closeups. However, relying on the patient to angle the camera and lighting just right could be an issue. Regardless, we will investigate further to see if there is anything we can do here. If we make further changes, we will follow up and let you know.

LR

Lindsay R.

Mental Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

User friendly, great customer support

I am able to connect with clients all over the state of NC so I can keep a steady caseload and meet needs consistently even during the pandemic.

Pros

I love the screen share option for teletherapy counseling. This allows us to work together and helps clients understand concepts. I can also share videos and we can discuss which adds rich topics to our therapeutic work together. I also love the messaging feature and ability to call a client if they are not showing up it helps save time finding a chart and calling the client so we can connect as soon as possible. The ad-hoc feature has been helpful too if there have been errors connecting.

Cons

It glitches quite often even when both my internet and my client's internet has 4/5 bars for strength.

LS

Lorena S.

Medical Practice, 1,001-5,000 employees

Mend

My overall experience with Mend has been great! I have had no major issues. From time to time it will freeze, but it is not often. I enjoy Mend and the services that it provides to our clients.

Pros

This software is very easy to use, navigate and explain to someone in training

Cons

I dont like the fact that if I need to correct a certain mistake - I can not. I have to contact administration, or get on a chat (that does not help) and search for someone to email. It would be nice to be able to correct my own mistakes. I am the only one at my clinic that uses Mend so it would be nice to be able to correct o my own.

DD

Damaris D.

Mental Health Care, 51-200 employees

Good

Pros

customer services is biligual , and anwser fast. I working at home

Cons

Mend need high internet conextion. when client reciving call's the audio has problems .

Mend is not an Internet Service provider. We do have new options to work with or around bad quality Internet. I will have someone reach out. Since we cannot control the Internet service of our users, please consider emailing reviews@capaterra.com to adjust the overall rating of the review. We're grateful for your valuable review and feedback!

ED

Edgar D.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Great easy sofwaew

I use it for therapy and doctors visita

Pros

Good and easy to use. Great quality and sound. I would think maybe a bit extra space to see on the screen would be better. Like a full screen when you FaceTime

Cons

Not really much to complain about. Good services

SD

Shampa D.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Very easy to use

So far the experience has been great and I enjoy meeting with my clients from home.

Pros

I like this platform. I am able to communicate with my clients and send them information. I would like to see an easier way to share my desktop for doing worksheets and activities and also see myself during the session. The method to upload information is easy as well.

Cons

I think it would be helpful to see if the client has another appointment coming up and being able to see that on the homepage would help so I don't create a conflicting appointment.

ET

Eve T.

Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 employees

Mend for healthcare

Pros

The adhoc visit feature is easy to use. It interface is easy to navigate.

Cons

The text message that is sent to patients is confusing. They often click on the test link so I usually send a text that is clearer and includes only one link. Video quality is not great. If reception isn’t strong, the person will be unable to connect. I often have to wait about 5 min for someone to get connected into a video visit.

Eve, thank you for sharing your experience. We have several options to improve connectivity. Some of the options are as follows: App, Appless, low resource mode, network, firewall, VPN testing, proactive monitoring, and more. We are also the only platform that tracks connectivity data. If you do ever experience an issue in a session, you can go into the Actions menu and review the connection details...