Nextech EHR & PM Reviews

4.0

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.24/10

Reviews by rating

My experience has been great with Nextech. I like how customizable it is and how helpful the Support Staff are when help is needed.
Nextech gives you awesome options on setting different types of appointments with fun icons. When booking my patients appointments are schedule looks very easy to understand and colorful.
Once you purchase this software, you then have to continue purchasing it every year or it doesn't work properly (no updates) and you have no support from Nextech if something goes wrong.
I have had some issues before for which they have blamed our IT and our IT has stated it was a NexTech issue. That was concerning to me.
It's very limited on the PM side. The portal is very weak.

JR

Joy R.

Awesome EHR

Pros

Very accessible and easy to use. The coding is eay and easy to train on

Cons

I cant think of a single negative thing about thw syatem wvweything is great

SC

Shannon C.

EHR and PM

Overall I am satisfied with everything despite above mentioned issues as the good definitely outweighs the bad

Pros

Product was easy to use. The integration process was slightly difficult but made easier by guidance from all the wonderful Nextech employees

Cons

When the PM and EHR side merged it changes things on the EHR side that I was not prepared for, such as losing my patient merge button. Also it was not explained that our last used number in prior PM and ours was abnormally high so now our chart numbers have 9 digits which is not great. The mapping portion of integration should be explained better, I did have a lot of issues with this part and am currently still having problems with the import

Shannon, we are glad to hear you are finding our software easy to use. Unfortunately, the implementation did not meet your expectations. We've had a lot of success in the past with the speed and simplicity of our implementation approach, and we strive to meet the unique needs of all of our clients. Please contact your Nextech representative, visit the Community Portal, or call Client Support at 866-654-4396 so that we can further address your problems.

AB

Anna B.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Expensive fees to keep software service and updates yearly.

Basic scheduling needs and some reporting.

Pros

Scheduling is easy, drop down menus can be personalized. Maintaining providers schedules is simple.

Cons

One glitch that is frustrating is name changes. Once a patient is in the system, you can't change their name or the system deletes their file data. Photos, op reports, everything. It's a frustrating process b/c to make any new documentation legally correct, you have to go in by hand an change every where it's written, which on surgical consents can be almost 20 times. Then anything automated that goes...

PC

Paul C.

Medical Practice, 201-500 employees

9 years and running

They're aware of their impact and honestly try to make a user friendly product that delivers, on time.

Pros

I've used Nextech MDI since I entered the Retina field in 2014. In 9 years, at two different practices, there's a consistency that has been built that once you know the system you're able to use it at any employer. Image integration is fairly simple, and the compass on the side lets you jump ahead to where you're looking to navigate to more quickly than scrolling.

Cons

The cloud. The concept of the cloud is great, but a little Hurricane, or other disruptions and suddenly the cloud is down. I'd love a local server to download the current day charts the night before, any charts that weren't pre-downloaded could be downloaded as needed, then after all the charts are updated, push the updates back to the cloud for long-term. This way as long as there's intRAnet working you still have full access to a patients charts, whereas if intERnet has any issues you're out of luck and scrambling to find a paper chart.

GP

Gabriela P.

4 Years of Nextech PM+

One of the better EMRs I've had the pleasure of working with. 8.9/10

Pros

Fairly straightforward and easy to navigate once you understand the UI.

Cons

Autoloading previous profile/patient when attempting to speak/work with a different patient.

KS

Ksenia S.

Overall great experience

Overall great experience

Pros

I like how straight forward is Nextech in using. Pretty user-friendly

Cons

Letters might be confusing because of the algoritms

JH

Josef H.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Nextech should be web browser based

Pros

There are a lot of features that are nice

Cons

The software should be accessible via web browser. There should also be an Android mobile app for both patients and providers.

Josef, we are glad to hear you are enjoying our features. We wanted to make you aware that Nextech is available via web browser, and we do have an Android mobile app for patients and providers to use. If you are still having trouble accessing these, please reach out to your Nextech representative, access the Community Portal, or contact Client Support at 866-654-4396 so that we can address your concerns further.

CA

Caroline A.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

Ease of Use of Nextech

Pros

Ease of use. Very intuitive. Nextech support has been great and very responsive. I love the integrations with other services, Nextpatient-for example. I am constantly needing to learn more about what the product offers because many features are not used in our practice to the capacity from which we can benefit.

Cons

mobile app for provider could be developed more.

AB

Ashlyn B.

Review from the Front Desk

Pros

The system was easy to learn as someone who's never used an EHR/PM system before. A lot of the features are self-explanatory and easy to understand.

Cons

Integration with other Nextech software should be included during launch instead of a later-planned feature. The reminder feature in Practice+ also doesn't work completely accurately, especially in regard to sending reminders for multiple appointments that are scheduled on the same day.

TS

Tiffany S.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Nextech ehr

Edge conference helped me understand the system better

Pros

Everything is simple and easy to navigate

Cons

Not understanding the financial close and how to correct after the close

HF

Heather F.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

EHR Can be so much more efficient. Cut down on clicks, please, and stop all the scrolling.

I hand over as much as I can to my medical assistant. It isn't perfect, but it saves me a lot of time.

Pros

It intersects with the scheduling software.

Cons

It takes much longer to complete a task than is necessary. The software is rudimentary and needs a dramatic update. The clinician should not have click, scroll, click, scroll. The dictating function is poor. NT does not accept feedback for requests for greater efficiency. THe future will be AI, ChatGPT3 and 4. The time spent on EHR adds zero to the quality of patient care and is merely a tremendous time suck organized around the function of billing. Billing should be done through AI so clinicians can focus on patient care and going home at the end of the day.

Heather, it's disappointing that our software is not performing how you'd anticipated. We are glad to have this feedback, as it offers an opportunity for us to learn and improve. And so you're aware, introducing elements of AI is on our product roadmap for the near future. For now, please reach out to your Nextech representative, access the Community Portal, or contact Client Support at 866-654-4396 so that we can address your concerns further.

PP

Paula P.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

My Experience with Nextech.

Overall, Nextech has been very user friendly. Navigation is great. Always upgrading and fixing issues and new products added to make documentation more effortless. Your knowledge base staff is wonderful. Very patient and always willing and wanting to assist. Your support is exceptional!! You are able to get answers quickly and problems resolved. Attitudes of staff great! Makes my job easier.

Pros

After having a very unhappy experience with another vendor, it is so enlightning to be associated with Nextech. Your software is very user friendly. Very easy to navigate. It is structured extremely complete for our specialty. Always coming up with new updates to make our documentation easier. I love the ease with the PM portion of Nextech. Everything from demographics to billing is structured in such a way that staff find it easy to use.

Cons

I have seen financial summary reports that not only list each and every provider but ability to compare this year to last year on one report. On your reports each provider would have to be separate and each year would be separate making several reports.

CD

Colleen D.

Medical Practice,

Nextech Dermatology Software is VERY adaptable!!

Pros

With Nextech software I can make changes any time I want. I will be honest as a Nurse Practitioner who wasn't all the computer savvy, it took me awhile to learn it, but the younger personnel at Nextech were able to walk me through the process. The possibilities with this system are endless. That being said, you do have to program it to fit your needs. At first, I complained about that, but then I realized I had to make it work for our own individual practice. The staff at Nextech helped me get through ALL the Meaningful Use stages and I am very grateful to the staff at Nextech for all their great support.

Cons

You have to make up your own stampers which is time consuming. I wish Nextech would give new dermatologists who buy the software the basic stampers they might need to start their practice right away. There are so many dermatologists that are using this software that they could just work with them and get a general consensus on what are the most common stampers needed. If the new dermatologists didn't like the way something was written, its very easy to make changes or edits. There are also four other areas called assessment, medication, procedure, and a line for discussion or education. Even those areas could be preprogrammed to the most common statements. This would help the new dermatologists get started.

BR

Bernadette R.

Happy customer!

Very happy!

Pros

Medical Practice with multiple locations, we have a seamless integration to go back and forth between practice locations and have no issues.

Cons

Once in a great while we will have internet issues that cause the system to run a bit slower - but it is very infrequent and usually is the fault of our ISP or local bad weather, not a shortcoming of the ICP.

lo

lorie o.

Hospital & Health Care, 1-10 employees

The ONLY EMR & PM

Pros

so easy to learn, and implement every day, in all aspect. Been using this for over 20 years, and love the newest upgrades and products. My favorite was the iPad integration. SERVICE is 10 stars, always available to assist. Love that you get your own representative on your account. You know who to ask for, and they deliver.

Cons

not any to think of, when we added the EMR/iPad - honesty it was the only downspot - although support was there all the way.

KH

Kim H.

Overall great product

We've been using the PM system for 22 years and the EMR system for 9 years, we are very satisfied

Pros

The ease of use, everything it has to offer, and the fact they are always pushing out new features. The support is wonderful also.

Cons

Wish we could offer online scheduling without having to use a 3rd party vendor. Also wish the text reminder feature offered more.

FP

Fabrice P.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

A mediocre software with an awfull support

Pros

A lot of different reports available, especially for marketing purpose. But I wish the data export would be easier.

Cons

The SMS Reminder module doesn't work. The support team doesn't answer our emails. It's impossible to know who is in charge of a problem. Our requestsare beeing forwarded from one service to another. No one takes responsiblity. We have open issues since over a year and there is no solution in sight. In the meantime, we loose a lot of Doctors'time because of no shows. We started with the basic settings and planed to buy several other modules. But we are considering other options now. My advice : hands off.

EM

Ellie M.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

customer service quite poor.

Pros

Decent layout

Cons

Though we only use certain aspects of the software rarely, we either must pay the FULL support fee or agree to shut down that support of that component. If we shut down support of that component and then decide to use again in the future, we will need to REPURCHASE that compnent ---- even though we already paid the full purchased price for that component alone (EMR). If you make 10,000 emr entries annually or 100, you pay the same fee for support. This is not attractive to lower volume practices.

CN

Cari N.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Implementation continues to disappoint and cause major problems

I have hopes for the system once we get through all of our migration problems. Though we are almost two months post-go live and should not be dealing with these problems any more.

Pros

Reporting options give us what we need to make administrative decisions. AdvancedMD had very poor reporting features.

Cons

The implementation process has been disappointing. We STILL have not had a complete migration of data from our old EHR since we took Nextech's recommendation to use their migration service instead of going through the legacy EHR.

Cari, we're glad you're finding value in Nextech's reporting options. However, it is unfortunate that the implementation hasn't met your expectations. We've had tremendous success in the past with the speed and ease of our implementation process, but every practice has its own unique circumstances. Please reach out to your Nextech representative, access the Community Portal, or contact Client Support at 866-654-4396 so that we can address your concerns further.

AW

Alissa W.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Pros

I like the functions it offers but learning how to use them has been a struggle.

Cons

Wish it was more user friendly. So things are hard to use and when we call customer service most of the time (depending who you get) they are not much help.

CC

Cassandra C.

Interesting

Pros

-create your own EMR notes - most of the billing features are easy to use -most features are easy to use - good reports feature

Cons

-when there is an update they take away features. We were told no features would be taken away but every update features we use are taken away. One feature we used on a regularly was taken away and we had to pay for it to be put back. That does not make sense. We pay a lot of money every year to have the software.

KP

Kristina P.

Great Patient Electronic Charting

Pros

Ability to tailor charting needs by provider, service, etc

Cons

We offer non-insurance procedures at a Med Spa so would like to have more "retail based" features to use as well.

JG

John G.

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 11-50 employees

Robust Specialized Product

Pros

Nextech is an extremely strong product with high customizability. The product has all the bells/whistles one might need for an aesthetic practice and has great practice management workflows.

Cons

If you are not techy and/or willing to engage with your product, this may not be the best solution for you. Robust = need to put the time in to make it yours.

LK

Leslie K.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Nextech is a well rounded software

Pros

We are happy with all of the functions that we use. It is an easy software to navigate for first time users. Most suggestions that we have submitted have been implemented.

Cons

I suppose the only con would be that it is obviously American based, so there are a couple of things that don't apply in Canada. But, it is all workable.

OL

Olga L.

Construction, 1-10 employees

All in One

It was easy to work with it once you get a hold of it

Pros

It was very easy to navigate it with lots of customizable options. I liked the fact that all information about a patient could be inputted into the software so we could be a paperless practice

Cons

Sometimes it seemed that there were too much of everything. But then you realize that all of those options can be utilized to maximize resulsts