Praxis EMR Reviews

Pros

A great emr that will keep improving your pratice, keep improving your speed, and save you time.

Anil T.

Complete, fast, attractive and (positive) attention grabbing reporting to referring physicians. Outstanding customer support.

Barry R.

Heidi H.

Amor M.

In fact that is one of the most annoying things that there is not one consistent way to do things. Some processes take one click , some take two, some you check "ok" and some you click "enter.

Tina G.

Todd W.

Best EMR for the money

I have used numerous EMR system in the past. In the clinic alone, this the third one we used. Praxis cuts back on my documentation time to less than an hour a day which is pretty good considering that I see > 20 patient a day. Technical support is outstanding. Very welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable.

Pros

Functionalities that you can tailor to your needs. Live Technical support in case you need one.

Cons

The first week of use requires building your knowledge base and can be challenging. However, as created two or three documents, it gets easier every time.

OUTSTANDING EMR for ANY Medical Practice ...BUT...GAME-CHANGING for Physical Medicine and Research

Please look at the reviews of ALL OTHER EMRs and answer THESE QUESTIONS...... why does this EMR have such a high percentage of 5/5 Ratings and 10/10 would recommend to others???? what makes this EMR so different that it gets such high UNSOLICITED / ORGANIC ratings??? why is that THIS EMR has so many in depth and lengthy GLOWING reviews written by other physicians??? why have I not arranged a demo...

Pros

MOST???? REALLY???? I will say this. I have always been one to call tech support for which ever EMR I was currently using to inquire if this or that were possible and as often as I have been told by all the others, "that would be a great idea but, currently it is not possible and I don't think it's on the docket to be implemented" is as frequently as I have called product support at Praxis ( a real...

Cons

HONESTLY...... ONLY REGRET...... is that this was not my first EMR 25 years ago.

review of Praxis

Pros

Both customer support and training are excellent. The ability to design and modify my own office visit templates and lab panels is great. I use a lot of botanicals and compounded meds in my practice, and the program is flexible to handle those. E-prescribing log is very helpful to see what has been sent.

Cons

Some of my patients have had trouble navigating the patient portal, but Praxis is addressing that issue on several fronts: releasing a new version in very near future, new video for patients on how to use the portal, and personal support when occasionally necessary.

Praxis

Praxis is my 4th EMR over last 25 years of my practice and so far the best EMR that I have used, wish I had known about it years ago. In my opinion, physician can customize Praxis with little to no effort and personalize it to fit your need and satisfaction. Starting from implementation and training to go live, Praxis team was totally dedicated with one goal in mind...success of my practice. I have...

Pros

Praxis has allowed me to be the doctor that I always wanted to be.....provide the best possible care to my patients

Cons

Sorry, so far, do not have anything negative to say about this GREAT EMR

Best in the industry!

No more lost charts, messaging and prescriptions are a breeze. The price is affordable even for a solo practitioner like myself. Made the investment of having them come out to help me set up my system which was a game changer. I was up and running full speed within just a few days. Praxis support has always been quick to any issue that arises. I migrated to the cloud version which allows me to easily access charts from my phone, tablet or computer from anywhere I have a connection. It

Pros

I have used several EMRs in my medical career and nothing comes close to allowing me to practice medicine in an efficient way like Praxis does. I am in command of my charts much like a paper chart but with the practicality of EMR. My templates can be updated and changed with ease even from a current patient visit. No more calling tech support to change something that is not quite right about an...

Cons

none - It's so robust I am still learning all the functionality

Best EMR for customization

With Praxis we are able to maintain independence and get the data we need to take care of our patients excellently while still providing big data answers to Medicare programs and insurers

Pros

Having been involved in implementation of 3 separate EMRs, Praxis satisfies all my requirements the best. It allows me to write intelligible notes that specialists and my co-workers can use, while tracking data in the way that suits the practice at the time (which changes frequently based on medical, government, ACO and insurance evolution). Praxis is my tool for tracking information the way I and others need to, while practicing and charting in a way which makes sense to me.

Cons

I wish the local hospitals were also on Praxis!

Non-Template Based EMR that is customizable just for my needs

I was in a group practice for 5 years until I resigned last September. During the 5 years in my former group, I was burdened by using E-clinical works - a template based EMR that I absolutely loathed. As an epileptologist, many of my cases have complicated neurological histories that do not necessary fit with a template based EMR documatation. In addition, many of my orders are the same for each...

Pros

- Ease of Use - Customizable - Saves Time I am very happy with the template-free service. The cost is less than other EMRs (though this is not all in one EHR - I use Open Practice Solutions/Open PM as a practice management system that easily integrates with Praxis - still saving compared to Athena or other comprehensive EHR systems). Customer service is second to none especially with the initial "go live" team.

Cons

nothing so far. I am very happy with Praxis at this time.

Updated Praxis Review

Being a direct primary care practice, Praxis allowed great flexibility with documentation with the practice.

Pros

Software adapts each time you use it, learning from each note. Very attentive customer support. User friendly and intuitive. Personalized notes without templates. Great for DPC practices who don't need practice management software.

Cons

I can't think of any negatives, it works well across all types of practices.

Praxis Great EMR for the Private Practioner and primary care medicine

Reduced time for documentation and patient charting!

Pros

Easy to use documentation of patient visit notes and billing codes and procedures done as well.

Cons

I have it interphasing with our billing software and the electronic prescription of controlled software

User friendly Non-template EMR

I have used Praxis for over 15 years and watched it develop through improvements suggested by clinicians. Other EMRs seem to evolve from Administrator perspectives rather than clinician needs. Support is amazing: rapid and effective.

Pros

The progress notes are in my words with no "template language." The program flows in a clinic way without multiple non-intuitive clicking steps. Impressive support staff with any problems fixed on-line while I continue to see patients. I love the way the system saves individual patients unique findings so I don't have to rewrite them each visit. New medical knowlege which will also be saved can be incorporated or modified and saved easily on the fly.

Cons

I wish they had a hospital version for my hospitalist work.

Comparison of EMR's

To have been so fortunate to have been able to first use then compare Praxis to the EMR's used by the clinics that I've worked out of but let me use Praxis has really opened my eyes to what make a great EMR

Pros

Praxis (an EMR/ EHR, developed by a practicing doctor) thinks like a doctor, the best example that I give, is, I took over a retiring physicians practice, upon seeing one of his patients, I turned to the paper note which simply read; "Diabetes, well controlled" Interesting enough, upon turning to the lab section of the paper chart, I saw a signed and dated lab sheet that read; -A1c 6.8 -renal function...

Cons

It's hard for me to really give a negative statement about Praxis (remember, in the last three years, I've had to use three different EMR's that are used in the hospitals, SNF or adjoining clinics, Praxis is so head and shoulders above (it's almost laughable seeing there inefficiencies)

More than 6 months of intensely scrutinizing multiple EMRs ===> PRAXIS IS HEADS ABOVE ALL OTHERS

As an FP that has a 100% Osteopathic Manipulation Practice, I consider myself to be a specialist and as such, most of the information I collect is very specific. I have been able to tailor PRAXIS to enable me to collect very specific information from each specific patient for each specific complaint to enable me to fully document the specifics of each condition being treated and be able to track the...

Pros

PRAXIS has met all CMS Certifications from it's inception and continues to meet all evolving CMS Certifications including HITECH Certification and ONC-ATCB Meaningful Use Certification. PRAXIS is THE MOST UNIQUE and ADAPTIVE EMR I have ever seen... (Concept Processing - AMAZING) - PRAXIS gets better at autopopulating your note every time you use it - PRAXIS will actively remind you and queue you...

Cons

SIMPLY THAT I DIDN'T FIND IT FIRST..... OH HOW I WISH THIS HAD BEEN MY FIRST EMR The old saying that anything that is worthwhile is worth the effort is certainly true. I am incredibly thankful for the downtime afforded me by COVID because I was busier catching up on my billing and notes from my previous EMR and searching for a new EMR than I was when I was working two full time jobs and it is likely...

The overall Praxis experience has been fantastic. I wanted an EMR that would grow and flow with the way I think and mature with my clinical acumen and practice, and I found it with Praxis! Praxis is my best friend and has kept me enjoying my practice. I am saving anywhere from $24,000 to $36,000 a year by using Praxis EMR, and the system gives me immense pleasure every day just charting. Other EMRs I've seen keep changing the layout, without improving the system. Praxis just gets better over time.

Pros

Praxis is an EMR that leanrs the way you think and keeps getting better the more you use it. Praxis will keep saving you an immense amount of time. It makes MIPS easy to do because the reporting can be incorporated in your assessment. You don't need a separate person doing it for you. Praxis will remind you when you need to do certain tests such as a lung nodule, it will remind you about repeating a CT scan or chest X-Ray in a year. What other EMR software does that? As you learn new treatment modalities once you teach Praxis, it will bring it up in any similar clinical setting. It's amazing. Praixs is like training your own PA, but better than humans, Praxis will never make a mistake.

Cons

There is always help online within minutes for any issue, it is only click away. The Praxis engineers are excellent and are there for you in a blink of an eye To get started, you need to be trained by Praxis, and they have excellent trainers. They are always there to help you and improve the process as Praxis comes as empty canvas at first. Much like art, as you begin drawing on it, you keep improving the painting. If you don't want to spend the time teaching Praxis you can import medical knowledge from a similar provider or practice. Most of all the money you save is immense.

20+ year Praxis user

As an early adopter of new technology back in late 90s, I began to integrate voice recognition which was Kurzweil, now dragon, and praxis EMR. For the first several years I had a love-hate relationship with this technology. As I look back I did not spend enough time making the program work for me in my practice. But I did know that it helped with my transcription costs and I was able to realize...

Pros

After understanding the concept processing. the ability to customize and make the program work for me and my practice. It is not a cut and paste or a T-sheet (popular back in the day). It gave me more time to spend with my patients and not as data entry clerk. eliminated transcription costs, improved accuracy in billing and level of service. Integrated with my office management software.

Cons

As with anything new back 20 years ago, it was all strange and new. Now with upgrades and enhancements I cannot think of any. I wish I went to the cloud version when they asked me to several years ago.

Excellent EMR

Great setup team who teaches how to use the product. Great support when you have questions later. Charting MY way not the way some software designer thinks I should. I cannot stress that point. It is s smooth training process and as you are learning the system you are also setting it up for easier charting at the same time.

Pros

Strong software with a wide range of features for an incredible reasonable price. It grows as you use it so it begins to basically automate your charting more and more as you go. In an office setting it can end up taking care of your charting, prescriptions and patient instructions very quickly and easily. The ability to customize your charting and patient instructions is super valuable. Some other...

Cons

I guess something has to go here to complete the review, so, let me think.....I guess it wasn't free...LOL.

A snapshot of nearly 25 year history with Praxis

I started out as a single user back in the mid 1990s looking at various possible EMRs, I purchased it and later when they came out with a multiuser version, bought that in 1998 with up to 10 users. There was no compelling reason to use an EMR then and I saw them go from an access database to Oracle, and went from my first onsite large professional server, to another and eventually to cloud based,...

Pros

This software lets the physician practice the way he thinks, not the way a programmer says he has to. It is organized with "assessments" which can be anything from what other software might call a template, to just a unique item of thought. For instance if I see someone for a minor acute issue, but also note they have diabetes and haven't been in for a while and need labs, I have an assesment that...

Cons

What to some people is the most daunting task of an EMR is learning how to behave the way the programmers want you to, is acutally a plus with Praxis. It lets you think they way you do, and easily create your thought process and save them for the future. There are some conditions which I rarely see, but I had to do quite a bit of effort to come up with an evaluation plan and treatment plan. I was...

Incredible Experience

I'm a few weeks into the onboarding experience. The team has been phenomenal. Multiple attentive people, and the trainer is the best. Oh.. and I had a very unusual connectivity request, and in turn.. even their subcontractors are amazing. They are teaching our clinic how to vastly improve the tele-psychiatry experience for our providers (that wasn't even in the work order or request, it was, ...hey can I get some advice, ...for free I am working with expert who is amazing, he isn't even an employee of Praxis).

Pros

So when I saw the demo, my jaw dropped... They took concepts I knew and ran with them further than I imagined possible. My next thought was... oh my... people may not easily realize what Praxis has accomplished until using the software... For context.. In residency training I was tasked with teaching patient presentations to medical student. I had some previous training in internal medicine...

Cons

It took me three years to find them, and had it not been for the Coronavirus pandemic forcing me to search high and low for an ideal EMR, I would have stayed with paper charts and dictations (I hate EMRs, every one except Praxis)

Great EMR - No Need to Look Elsewhere

Prior EMRs have slowed my practice. My staff used to complain about how rigid the prior EMRs were. Some were very slow. I don't hear those concerns anymore since using Praxis. I am very pleased with how [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and Praxis listens to their customers and clearly is in my corner to help me achieve a smoother practice operation. Affordable program. Great support. Very Satisfied. Get ready to be wowed when you start Praxis.

Pros

As a small medical practice, I have used multiple EMR platforms from small now defunct companies to the mega companies that dominate the hospital world. I have been a Praxis user for several years and am thoroughly pleased with my decision to select Praxis. The platform is unlike any other EMR that I have seen. The ability for Praxis to be molded to the needs of my practice has separated this product...

Cons

All programs continue to evolve. Praxis has been doing well to address their clients needs with periodic enhanced upgrades.

A great EMR

An old saying: It's not what you know but what you can prove! Documentation, Documentation, Documentation. Praxis allows one to create appropriate documentation for the services rendered and billed. Praxis is HIPPA compliant. Praxis allows me to spend my time speaking to and examining patients and not staring at a computer screen during the encounter. I believe Praxis supports dictation and/or programs like Dragon Speaking; however, I am musch faster typing than I am dictating. I don't have to correct entries from word recognition programs or dictation entries.

Pros

Easy to learn and easy to use. I can generate documentation of a high level of care with minimum time. Much faster and more accurate than dictating. Very customizable - one is not constricted/limited by preformed templates created by someone else with someone else's language/words. One can create notes that reeflect not just what one does but in a language consistent with the author. Reliable and Afordable. Less complicated/shorter learning curve than other EMRs. It is/was very adaptable to my practice which included several specialties: General & Thoracic Surgery, Medical Oncology, Primary Care and Addiction Medicine.

Cons

Praxis has electronic scripting, but is still working on excripting for controlled substances. However, Praxis is partnering with MD Toolbox for controlled substance electronic scripting until it is incorporated into Praxis' current electronic scripting. For now escripting controlled substances is an extra step, but an HL7 interface allows transfer of demographics from Praxis, so one does not have to enter patients separately in each program.

PRAXIS GIVES ME GREAT DOCUMENTATION IN LESS TIME!

Exceptional! Customer service is priority. Staff are extremely responsive. During implementation, the person working with you tells you the next person you meet. Contact is made almost immediately. You are never left wondering if you are forgotten. With customer support, if they can't fix the problem, a ticket is sent to IT to assist. The problem gets resolved within 24 hours . I then receive...

Pros

Praxis has so many great features that confining them to a small space is difficult. The ability to document thoroughly is at the top on the list. Praxis remembers what is written from one note to the next, so you build upon what is written from note to note. Comparison is simple because it is already there. The time saved from not having to continuously document the same thing repeatedly, frees...

Cons

The worst thing about Praxis is that I didn’t find it early enough in my search for an EMR to not have to go through two other systems that were disappointing and didn’t meet my needs. I have spent innumerable hours that I can never get back doing endless documentation when I could have been having time with family, friends, or a myriad of other pleasurable things instead of EMR work. I don’t feel there are any other cons of using Praxis except those associated with not finding this system sooner. Praxis gets faster and more intuitive the more you use it. this makes all the difference in the world when there is so much documentation required for reimbursement now.

Praxis is a great software

What I love most about Praxis is how the software learns from me. So, as I use Praxis it makes my charting easier and allows me to spend more time focusing on my patients, which is frankly the best part of medicine. With my old EMR system, I was literally clicking on boxes for ten minutes or more for each patient whereas now with Praxis, most patients are completely charted in minutes, depending on how fast I want to go.

Pros

The Praxis people are quite helpful and were there answering my questions when setting up the software, so that was a good experience. I am now using a tablet and they needed to show me how to use it as I had never used a mobile computer for work. Overall, Praxis's software makes it very simple to check a patient's medical history which is much better than my old system which required much more work and used outdated templates.

Cons

There is nothing I cannot do with Praxis. I wasted a lot of time (and money) in not getting Praxis in the beginning, but I'm making up for lost time now. Praxis connects to everything in my office which is good. I'm still waiting to hear back from a lab but they should be connected soon. Ask the Praxis people to see a demo or send the demo videos and you should have a good feeling for its clinical usefulness for your practice. Good luck to all.

An EMR That Allows Doctors to Practice as Doctors

There are so many great features about Praxis but one of the best is the ease with which it allows users to qualify for the various Quality Payment Programs. It prompts many of the necessary criteria so they cannot be missed; even if you forget, Praxis remembers. Beyond the satisfaction of creating documentation that reflects my own personal thinking and is not a cookie cutter template that looks...

Pros

Should you trust all of the rave reviews about Praxis? Yes. Why? Because Praxis allows you to be a doctor. With Praxis I get to practice medicine. Praxis was designed by actual physicians. I first learned of Praxis 10 years ago when I was investigating EMR software for a large group of colleagues. My committee and I recommended Praxis, but at that time the price point was high so the group...

Cons

It would be unrealistic to say there are no cons. However, the benefits of using Praxis every day with my patients far outweigh any drawbacks. The whole concept of EMRs leaves a lot to be desired, but Praxis makes that bitter pill much much easier to swallow.

Thanks PRAXIS for an excellent product

The most important step with starting out with PRAXIS is to realize that you will come with baggage, bad habits and workarounds from using your prior EMR and it is best to spend some time in identifying them and do not carry them into your implementation of PRAXIS.

Pros

A clean interface that allows me to do what I want without having to look thru multiple panels of non relevant information, poke thru menu lists or buttons. This really reduces operator fatigue , frustration leaving me fresh for the rest of the day. All list boxes have a superb and fast search input line at the top a couple of keystrokes and I have what I want, no need to scroll thru endless lists. I...

Cons

Nothing, it has been a great improvement over my last EMR. I can get notes completed within a few minutes of seeing a patient with diagnoses that carry appropriate RAF scores for the patients problems.

Praxis EMR has made my office more efficient, allowed me to document better and faster than my peers

It has made my office extremily efficient. It allowed me to document better, faster and provide better care for my patients. It has allowed my office to keep up with the regulations and the documentations necessary with the changes in the medicare payment model. It allowed my billing company to efficiently receive billing information electronically and start the billing process the same day the patient seen. It allowed me to be almost paperless by interfacing with imaging centers and laboratotries. I cannot say enought about this EMR, I dont know how we did without it in the past.

Pros

The use of Praxis is limited by your imagination. There is nothing that this EMR cannot do to make my practice easier. It has allowed me to provide better care to my patients, document better and keep up with the difficult regulations that are imposed on us. Support and training has been wonderfull and the team that administers this Praxis EMR company is caring and provide personal assitance. With...

Exceptional EMR Product

Patient encounters are streamlined and efficient, permitting faster delivery of quality care and increased revenue.

Pros

The program is extremely effective in documenting the physicians' evaluation and management service for individual patients. This EMR has helped make my charting bulletproof in CPT level of service coding audits. Praxis functionality is amazing in capturing point of service charges. It retains each provider's diagnostic approach and level of skill and judgement for any given symptom assessment or specific ICD-10 d aiagnosis for future use and refinement of that clinical setting. The longer you use your knowledge database, the smarter, faster and better you become.

Cons

The fact that providers must learn and apply appropriate documentation criteria for effective CPT coding skills is frequently not as attractive to physicians as the study and practice of medicine. The responsibility for accurately and completely capturing those codes remains the responsibility of the treating provider. Praxis software admirably turns this educational process into a strength of the product as it empowers users to constantly sharpen this skill set with innovative charting for coding capture.