Praxis EMR Logo

EMR software powered with artificial intelligence

Praxis EMR Reviews

Suggested alternatives

athenaclinicals
nextgen-ambulatory-ehr
nextgen-enterprise

Its ease of use, machine learning, no inaccurate boilerplate templates, its reasonable cost, its organized processes for onboarding, and the amazing and responsive and personable customer service.
My experience with the use of Praxis has been excellent. The support staff has been excellent.
A great emr that will keep improving your pratice, keep improving your speed, and save you time.
I was in a group practice for 5 years until I resigned last September. During the 5 years in my former group, I was burdened by using E-clinical works - a template based EMR that I absolutely loathed.
It was my bad for not selecting Praxis years ago.
In fact that is one of the most annoying things that there is not one consistent way to do things. Some processes take one click , some take two, some you check "ok" and some you click "enter.

Stephen H.

Powerful and innovative

With thought, I have been able to leverage the software to track time for chronic care management and the advisory function has helped me improve quality allowing me to received bonuses from MSSP.

Pros

The software is infinitely customizable to suit any provider’s needs.

Cons

There are so many ways to customize the software that it is intimidating. Fortunately the trainers are great at helping you translate your thoughts into assessments and forms.

EC

Ernest C.

Excellent EMR

Overall experience with Praxis has been excellent. I would highly recommend this software to other physicians.

Pros

Time-saving features. This EMR requires a little work upfront but it saves hours of charting after the system has been set up properly. The time-saving features don't stop at medical charting. They extend to your tasking system with your medical assistance. Pretty impressive what they've done here.

Cons

I have very little to complain about with the software. Compared to other electronic records I've used this is far superior. The portal could be a little better.

CA

Cliff A.

Unique in the market

Pros

The Praxis model for creating notes has allowed me to create everything exactly the way I want it to look and feel. Endlessly customizable, adjustable and tweakable.

Cons

You start with a blank slate and continue to grow and build your personal database with each patient. And since I'm the one building everything, I only have myself to blame when I don't like the way something works. But I can go back in and tweak until it's how I lke it.

BD

Barbara D.

Management Consulting, self-employed

Easy to use EMR

Increase charting speed, accurate documentation for the E/M codes billed, reminds provider things needed for certain problems.

Pros

It allows the providers to chart the way they think. They are able to create a note, save and reuse again and again for the same problem.

Cons

The program is allows providers and staff to improve their assessment. It is not bound by someone else's way of documenting notes.

TM

Tory M.

Amazing experience. Love it

It is amazing. You will love it. It makes medicine fun again and charting slides into the background.

Pros

The software is intuitive, flexible and smart. You can do it yourself. You don’t need an I.T. professional to make a change. It’s made for providers.

Cons

Nothing. Love it every day. Wish I would have had this in my old practice.

DB

David B.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

purchased more than 25 years ago (July 1997) I have seen it grow, improve, and stay in business

I have seen it go from a single user program to a very robust program that has allowed reliable and rapid chart notes, with multiple users

Pros

I can organize my note by condition or long term condition, and have them all combine together in a recognizable note, that dosen't have to go through technical support to get there.

Cons

I initially couldn't see how wonderful the program is to work with a patient, until I had seen their labs come back, and had vital sign history. For example, I had a patient who had seen another doctor in the practice and told me they were a bordeline diabetic. I pulled up a flow chart and showed them that no they had met the criteria for diabetes 3 1/2 years ago and showed them all the A1c's they had done for the last 10 years. The medication history appears on a table, and I can find a med, scroll back in the table, and then click any time it appears, and go directly to that note. Until the patient has had labs done that are integrated, for example on a demo, you can't see how nicely this actually works.

WB

Wesley B.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Why I have been using Praxis for many years

Very responsive support team, and regular upgrades to comply with government regulations.

Pros

Each encounter in Praxis looks exactly the way I want it to look for each patient, rather than like I checked off a canned information sheet. Praxis remembers how I want to document and manage each kind of diagnosis, easily integrates different diagnoses into the same encounter note, and remembers how I describe any unique chronic findings for each patient so I don't have to re-enter them. It can do flowcharts, user-defined variables, health maintenance reminders, and I can program situationally-triggered reminders to myself or others.

Cons

I have no dislikes, in contrast to the several job-related institutional EMRs that I have used in the past.

OB

Octavian B.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Praxis is smart

Pros

Being able to change the knowledge base on the fly.

Cons

Slow, even in C#, but better than it used to be.

HH

Heidi H.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

Oustanding EHR choice for clinics of all sizes

It has been exceptional from start to finish. Had onsite set up and implementation which was invaluable. It has been a great product for our clinic for over 15 years. I have used other EHR software and nothing compares to the ease of use and customizability of Praxis.

Pros

The customizability of Praxis is its most powerful feature. It really can learn with you as you build notes and make them better with every iteration.

Cons

I am the weakest link with the software. It can do even more than I am using it for currently. Time to become a super user and let it do more of the work for me.

Michelle P.

Medical Practice, self-employed

Best EMR I've used to date

Pros

Intuitive features that allow the provider to optimally customize to his/her practice's needs. Great support to help with set up and fine tuning as time goes on. Interface set up for billing providers as well as for hospital lab/radiology was seamless.

Cons

Nothing so far has been a negative. Great product and support.

GD

George D.

20+ year Praxis user

As an early adopter of new technology back in late 90s, I began to integrate voice recognition which was Kurzweil, now dragon, and praxis EMR. For the first several years I had a love-hate relationship with this technology. As I look back I did not spend enough time making the program work for me in my practice. But I did know that it helped with my transcription costs and I was able to realize...

Pros

After understanding the concept processing. the ability to customize and make the program work for me and my practice. It is not a cut and paste or a T-sheet (popular back in the day). It gave me more time to spend with my patients and not as data entry clerk. eliminated transcription costs, improved accuracy in billing and level of service. Integrated with my office management software.

Cons

As with anything new back 20 years ago, it was all strange and new. Now with upgrades and enhancements I cannot think of any. I wish I went to the cloud version when they asked me to several years ago.

KS

Keyvan S.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Praxis EMR has made my office more efficient, allowed me to document better and faster than my peers

It has made my office extremily efficient. It allowed me to document better, faster and provide better care for my patients. It has allowed my office to keep up with the regulations and the documentations necessary with the changes in the medicare payment model. It allowed my billing company to efficiently receive billing information electronically and start the billing process the same day the patient seen. It allowed me to be almost paperless by interfacing with imaging centers and laboratotries. I cannot say enought about this EMR, I dont know how we did without it in the past.

Pros

The use of Praxis is limited by your imagination. There is nothing that this EMR cannot do to make my practice easier. It has allowed me to provide better care to my patients, document better and keep up with the difficult regulations that are imposed on us. Support and training has been wonderfull and the team that administers this Praxis EMR company is caring and provide personal assitance. With...

RR

Ryan R.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Praxis is a great software

What I love most about Praxis is how the software learns from me. So, as I use Praxis it makes my charting easier and allows me to spend more time focusing on my patients, which is frankly the best part of medicine. With my old EMR system, I was literally clicking on boxes for ten minutes or more for each patient whereas now with Praxis, most patients are completely charted in minutes, depending on how fast I want to go.

Pros

The Praxis people are quite helpful and were there answering my questions when setting up the software, so that was a good experience. I am now using a tablet and they needed to show me how to use it as I had never used a mobile computer for work. Overall, Praxis's software makes it very simple to check a patient's medical history which is much better than my old system which required much more work and used outdated templates.

Cons

There is nothing I cannot do with Praxis. I wasted a lot of time (and money) in not getting Praxis in the beginning, but I'm making up for lost time now. Praxis connects to everything in my office which is good. I'm still waiting to hear back from a lab but they should be connected soon. Ask the Praxis people to see a demo or send the demo videos and you should have a good feeling for its clinical usefulness for your practice. Good luck to all.

SB

Steven B.

Great EMR - No Need to Look Elsewhere

Prior EMRs have slowed my practice. My staff used to complain about how rigid the prior EMRs were. Some were very slow. I don't hear those concerns anymore since using Praxis. I am very pleased with how [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and Praxis listens to their customers and clearly is in my corner to help me achieve a smoother practice operation. Affordable program. Great support. Very Satisfied. Get ready to be wowed when you start Praxis.

Pros

As a small medical practice, I have used multiple EMR platforms from small now defunct companies to the mega companies that dominate the hospital world. I have been a Praxis user for several years and am thoroughly pleased with my decision to select Praxis. The platform is unlike any other EMR that I have seen. The ability for Praxis to be molded to the needs of my practice has separated this product...

Cons

All programs continue to evolve. Praxis has been doing well to address their clients needs with periodic enhanced upgrades.

JB

Joshua B.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

I don't have to do any progress notes when I go home after work

I finish my work quickly and I don't to work at home any more with this system. I don't ever want to give up using Praxis. I had to change from a pure template system where I could never finish my notes until I got home. Soapware was my old system.

Pros

This is an assessment-based EMR that works for the physician who needs to document the encounter. I built up my assessments and at this point, I finish my notes very rapidly and the notes are of very high quality. The system is easy to add orders and can be customized easily. I use the "agent" function to send orders and messages throughout our work flow. This system interfaces with my local lab so my office staff are never manually scanning in paper copies of lab work. I was thrilled to note how fast my remote connection functions with Praxis, even though I don't have the fastest internet. This is not a template system, which is great. Prescribing drugs through the e-prescribe function works well and is easy to use.

Cons

I don't have a lot to say from a negative perspective. My server is housed off-site, for cyper-security reasons. We did have irregular internet problem for a period of time, which meant that we did not have access to our records. I simply had my IT team get a firewall that could handle two internet sources. I have two internet suppliers and I always have access to my remote server and Praxis. Easy solution.

wc

william c.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1-10 employees

Use Praxis if you would like your Physicians to have the Ability to Perform at Their Highest Ability

Praxis is most valuable piece of software that I use in the practice of medicine. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] their trainer, is a delight. The company works very hard to please.

Pros

Praxis is far better than what the company tells you. Praxis is the closest thing to artificial intelligence for a physician that I have every seen. The design of the program is far more powerful than what the company realizes. The design of Praxis allows generalist practice such a family medicine or general internal medicine practice to deal with generality. The design of Praxis allow allows a...

Cons

The Praxis corporation is far too modest about the power of product. I do not believe that the company fully realizes how good their product is. I do not believe that company fully realizes how truly exceptional their trainer, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is. Praxis should be the industry standard by which all other electronic medical records are measured.

PO

Philip O.

Medical Practice, 1-10 employees

An EMR that you can love

As above, this product allows the user freedom of expression and encourages a much more thoughtful note than other EMRs. The support staff has been amazingly passionate about the value of the product and it shows in the enthusiasm with which they provide support.

Pros

Unlike other EMRs that I have used, including a 45 million dollar hospital version, Praxis is designed for doctors to be able to express their thoughts to one another ( and to leave meaningful notes for themselves) using their own verbage in an efficient way. The system bills itself as being template-free; it is, in fact, free of pre-packaged templates but allows the user to create his/her own templates which, almost magically, become more and more refined with continued use. Rather than restricting the user to drop-downs created by someone else ( who may not be or think like a physician), Praxis encourages the user to express him/herself personally, creating documents that ultimately say just what the user intended to say.

Cons

I wish I had started using the product earlier.

Medical Practice, 5,001-10,000 employees

Praxis EMR Reviews

Overall, a great EMR ​has a very user-friendly interface. May require a fair amount of time up front to set it up to your own liking, as it has a smaller amount of templates compared to larger EMR. Would still recommend to all! Would like to see more continual upgrades and improvements as more people begin to use Praxis!

Pros

For someone who has always used other EMRs, Praxis was a nice change of pace with a very clean and user-friendly​ interface. After a few days of using Praxis, I found it very easy to follow and was organized in a manner that helped save me time and effort during my workday. Has some great features that automatically trigger warnings and best practice advisories depending on the patient's conditions in a given chart, which help remind a worker not to miss key parts of their patient's healthcare. Charting is fairly simple to achieve on this EMR!

Cons

Coming from a separate EMR, I initially was looking for specific features I am used to in my own EMR. Took a few days to get used to the new system as some items are not as organized as I would have liked. Additionally, as a smaller EMR,​ there has been fewer upgrades and changes as compared to larger EMRs. In that same vein, the notes templates are not as vast so it took a fair amount of time to set up each template per encounter.

BA

Badar A.

I have been a long term user and have enjoyed using it over the past 15 years

Pros

Praxis uses concept processor in place of templates which makes my notes unique and my own. I do things the way I like to do rather than following someone else templates. Once you grasp the basics the whole process becomes intuitive and very easy to follow. Praxis has kept up with changing CMS regulations and for end users that makes it very easy to meet the quality measures required by insurance companies. I have been very satisfied with Praxis over the years and find it to be a great EMR

Cons

I am a very satisfied user of Praxis and really can't think of any downside to this software. I use other EMRs in the hospitals and find them to be rather limited in view of their template format which forces you to comply with someone else thought process in filling out the template format. You end up spending a lot of time typing free text every time you want to record your own unique thought process - not so wit Praxis!

MG

Michael G.

Praxis gives me the tools to practice more efficiently, and record my notes more easily.

Pros

Praxis keeps getting better the more I use it. It is amazing how it adjusts to my practice. Instead of being stuck with somebody else's EMR templates, Praxis learns from how I use it. With each patient encounter, Praxis learns how I approach each diagnosis and uses this with future encounters on other patients. Documenting visits, ordering tests, generating letters and handouts, prescribing meds, complying with Medicare requirements all done easily with Praxis.

Cons

There is some time needed at the beginning to set up this EMR so it works optimally for each provider, but this investment in time is worth every minute, because forever after the program works just the way you want it to. After the initial start up, Praxis keeps learning from each encounter, so using it gets easier and the tools more powerful the more you use it.

SM

Stephen M.

Best EMR on the market

I am no reaching my 17th year using this product. The one thing that tells you a company is solid is that many of the support people I worked with in the beginning are still there. Such longevity builds for excellence not only in design but in software support.

Pros

Infinite capability to design to my exact needs and specifications in my office. Very robust programming allows me to bring all the patient data needed to my chart note. Well designed tracking system for any type of data I wish to follow.

Cons

None really. Praxis continues to make their software better each year.

JV

Javier V.

Excellent adapatability

I chose PRAXIS when my old EMR went out of the business several years ago. There were several other options we studied at the time, and PRAXIS stood out very early on. I was impressed by the high ratings from fellow physicians, and the fact this was created and ran by physicians and the entire structure of the system shows it. There was a learning curve in the beginning. It was smoothed out tremendously by the quick customer support whenever I had a question or needed technical support. Over the past few year, this EMR has been adapting to my practice and getting more efficient by the day. I am very happy with the decision we made.

Pros

Adaptability, it's amazing how flexible and adaptable this EMR is when situation arises. When COVID arrived, I was able to create my own template in a matter of days.

Cons

None came to mind. If anything, wish I had found this earlier.

JU

Julito U.

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Finally, a software that helps my clinic productivity

This is my third software in four years. The first one (HF) was alright but technical support was horrible and took us months to get acquainted with the software. The next one (CM) had good technical support but was so slow. We changed our internet connection to fiberoptic and added a SAT drive to all our computers but to no avail. I was spending at least 30 minutes to complete a progress notes and...

Pros

After the first week of use, I can complete my clinic notes within 5 minutes with a document that fully satisfy coding criteria and confident that what is documented truly reflects the events and findings of the visit. There are clinic progress notes that I can complete in less than one minute. Truly amazing.

Cons

Creating a knowledge base or series of modifiable templates is simple and easy but is not something that doctors do everyday. There is a learning curve that could get challenging. However, Praxis has plenty of training sessions online and real time support persons that guided me and my staff in every questions that we have. An actual training with the software in person by a trainor was also a big help. During the second week of use, the clinic is going good.

IK

Ian K.

Great!

Wonderful, it has helped support our growing clinic.

Pros

Praxis is intuitive, quick, and reliable.

Cons

It knows me too well. . . it makes me suspicious. lol

CK

Clifton K.

Front Desk Staff's POV

Pros

Expedients my daily work! Praxis returns quick responses which allows me to provide quick answers to questions from patients, payors, referring providers, etc. Display screens are easy to read, easy on the eyes because of fonts and font colors. I esp. appreciate not being distracted by pop ups boxes and extraneous activity on the display screen. For anyone in a clinic that stares at their EMR screen all day, Praxis screens are easy on the eyes.

Cons

That there are not more work stations at the front desk, though that's not really the fault of Praxis. From what I was told, it doesn't cost any extra to add as many work stations in the building that you need.